PDA

View Full Version : 3 dead infants found in freezer in Germany, mother arrested

Infiniti2001
May 6th, 2008, 03:40 AM
By DANIELA PEGNA 10 hours ago

OLPE, Germany (AP) A 44-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of killing her own babies after her grown children found the bodies of three infants stashed in the family's freezer while looking for a frozen pizza, police said Monday.

Police confirmed the grisly find Sunday night in the town of Wenden, near Olpe, in the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia after the woman turned herself in, officials said.

The three infants are believed to have been born alive, but authorities were awaiting autopsy results to determine how they died, said Johannes Daheim, a spokesman for prosecutors investigating the case.

The woman, her 47-year-old husband and three adult children two sons, aged 18 and 22, and a 24-year-old daughter have lived in the town in a single-family home since 1984.

The children discovered the frozen babies on Saturday afternoon while their parents were away for the weekend, investigator Martin Feldmann said.

The 18-year-old and his sister had been looking for a frozen pizza and came across a lot of expired food so decided to clean out the freezer.

The teenager then found three identical packets on the bottom of the freezer and opened one and saw the head and arm of an infant that was wrapped in a hand towel, police said.

The children confronted their parents when they returned home Sunday, and the couple and their daughter then went to police together to tell authorities, said Herbert Fingerhut, head of the police investigation, at a news conference.

The corpulent woman apparently concealed the three pregnancies, believed to have been in the 1980s, not only from neighbors but also her own family, Fingerhut said.

"It sounds unbelievable, but there are examples showing such things are possible," he said.

The news of the discovery took other residents aback.

"I've been mayor for 14 years, and this is definitely the worst day I've seen," said Peter Brueser. "We will need a long time here to work through this."

It was the latest in a string of similar cases in Germany.

In the worst case, a woman was convicted of manslaughter in 2006 and sentenced to the maximum 15 years in prison for killing eight of her newborn babies and burying them in flower pots and a fish tank in the garden of her parents' home near the German-Polish border.

More recently, police in February were called to a home in northern Germany where a dead infant was discovered in the cellar.

In January, a 28-year-old German woman was charged with manslaughter after the remains of three babies were discovered in her house and the home of a relative. That woman has denied killing the babies.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hsUSwR5Ai6n-HWj3tNdxUNA3zDyQD90FJ0S00

Brett.
May 6th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Omg :help:

Miranda
May 6th, 2008, 04:06 AM
if the babies were born in 1980's and were kept in the fridges, how come her kids only discovered them now :confused:

mirzalover
May 6th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I wonder if she forgot they were in there or something. I dont see how someone could do this. She must be off in the head.

blackcrave
May 6th, 2008, 02:28 PM
what is wrong with the people lately?

kwilliams
May 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
if the babies were born in 1980's and were kept in the fridges, how come her kids only discovered them now :confused:

Exactly. How the hell do you miss foetuses in your freezer your whole life. Did they never get a new freezer? Defrost the freezer?

Lots of crazy things going on in central Europe at the moment.

Dave.
May 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
:help: This is awful. How do people do such things? :tape:

woosey
May 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
i thought us americans had the market cornered on twisted, bizarre crimes.

Direwolf
May 7th, 2008, 12:23 AM
OK her kids are
18: Born between 1989-1990
22: between 1985-1986
24: 1983-1984

"The corpulent woman apparently concealed the three pregnancies, believed to have been in the 1980s, not only from neighbors but also her own family, Fingerhut said"

weird...
since those infants are believed to be from the 1980's...
im amaze that she let the youngest kid live...

im guessing that she gave birth on...
1984-1985
1986-1987
1987-1988
1988-1989.....
assuming that those pregnancies last for 7-9months...
:confused:

though it may be the law...
but to turn your own mother(who has taken care of you and loved you for how many years)
and watch her be charged of manslaughter
to the crime she committed almost 20 decades ago!!!
and also causing the family shame...

meyerpl
May 7th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Exactly. How the hell do you miss foetuses in your freezer your whole life. Did they never get a new freezer? Defrost the freezer?

Lots of crazy things going on in central Europe at the moment.It sure makes one long for the good old days when things in central Europe were saner.....like.....65 years ago or so.

Wannabeknowitall
May 7th, 2008, 04:34 AM

Lots of crazy things going on in central Europe at the moment.

It's easy in this generation where you have people who haven't cooked a day in their lives.
So there's no reason for their ass to go way deep in the freezer.

And who gets new freezers just for the hell of it.
I have a microwave that still works and it's 15 years old.
I have a TV that still works after 18 years.
My TV is eligible to vote.

What's the point of buying a new microwave or freezer and a lot of them don't last 3-5 years now.

Julian
May 7th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Simply insane.
I dont get how she can kill these 3 infants but then let her other 3 children live and grow into adults?
Something else must be behind this, but I sure as hell would have been scared to confront my parents if I found them in the freezer.
very sad..

Apoleb
May 7th, 2008, 05:26 AM
God. Too many of those stories are here nowadays.