PDA

View Full Version : Your most sentimental possession beside Family, Boy/Girl Friends, Friends and Pets

SOA_MC
May 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
For me it's one of grandfathers WW2 medals he passed away four years ago and left me the medal in his will

kwilliams
May 6th, 2008, 12:14 AM
My skis! I love them. My laptop too, I use it all the time. Also my ipod because it has tonnes of music and the internet so I love it.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2008, 12:17 AM
My most sentimental possession is my photo of myself in uniform from when i graduated from boot camp. :)

SOA_MC
May 6th, 2008, 12:21 AM
My skis! I love them. My laptop too, I use it all the time. Also my ipod because it has tonnes of music and the internet so I love it.

Those things are sentimental to you:help:

Generation Y = Why bother:p

SOA_MC
May 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Key word Sentimental people

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I mean possessions that have a sentimental value to you

For me it's one of grandfathers WW2 medals he passed away four years ago and left me the medal in his will

Thats a very nice item to have :bounce:.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Key word Sentimental people

You may want to put that word in the thread title ;).
Nice idea for a thread btw... :bounce:. My grandfather was in WW2 aswell. I don't think he ever recieved any medals. He's still alive ( age 84), i'll have to ask him :bounce:.

SOA_MC
May 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Nice idea for a thread btw... :bounce:. My grandfather was in WW2 aswell. I don't think he ever recieved any medals. He's still alive ( age 84), i'll have to ask him :bounce:.

You get a medal just for serving in a war zone so he will have at least one medal

And thanks for the rep I didn't mean to sound rude

Brett.
May 6th, 2008, 12:32 AM

Wow, my grandfather did the samething and i'm not sure if he got any medals. He's still alive too :) he will be 89 in November! ;)

My most prized possession would be my mum and step dad gave me $2000 cheque on my 16th birthday so i can save up for a car. :)

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2008, 12:58 AM
You get a medal just for serving in a war zone so he will have at least one medal

And thanks for the rep I didn't mean to sound rude

You didn't sound rude:hug:. Its just that allot of people just read the title and not the 1st post :lol:. What did your grandfather do ? Mine was a cook in the Army.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Wow, my grandfather did the samething and i'm not sure if he got any medals. He's still alive too :) he will be 89 in November! ;)

My most prized possession would be my mum and step dad gave me $2000 cheque on my 16th birthday so i can save up for a car. :)

Thats awesome! I think i got a cd player for my 16th b day . You got the better deal!
;)

Brett.
May 6th, 2008, 01:18 AM
You didn't sound rude:hug:. Its just that allot of people just read the title and not the 1st post :lol:. What did your grandfather do ? Mine was a cook in the Army.

My grandfather fought in Palestine, Israel and Egypt. What about your grandfather?
I'm not sure what my grandfather did in the war.

SOA_MC
May 6th, 2008, 01:23 AM

He was Light infantry he didn't do that much fighting his unit was assign to just basically hold territory in northern France after D-Day

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2008, 01:30 AM
He was Light infantry he didn't do that much fighting his unit was assign to just basically hold territory in northern France after D-Day

:yeah: Any type of infantry is impressive :bounce:.

CrossCourt~Rally
May 6th, 2008, 01:32 AM
My grandfather fought in Palestine, Israel and Egypt. What about your grandfather?
I'm not sure what my grandfather did in the war.

Mine cooked for all the soldiers from 1944-45. I forget exactly where he was stationed ( it was more than one place ) overseas during the war. It has been atleast 10 years since he talked about it! Maybe i should bring it up again when i visit my grandparents . His mind is still as sharp as a tack at age 84 :eek:.

Gnight ( well good morning to all the Aussies :lol: ) ! :bounce:...:wavey:

svetaisthebest
May 6th, 2008, 06:50 AM
sentimental value ?

my grandad wrote me a note before he died wishing me good luck in life so probably that :sad: :sad:

Elwin.
May 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM
my laptop :rolls:

*abby*
May 6th, 2008, 10:33 AM
my grannys rosary beads
she passed away on boxing day and its the one thing i wanted of hers because she used them every day!ive also got a couple of things which i bought her last summer when i visited her which my mum brought back for me
:sad:

blackcrave
May 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
my white gold cross pendant