PDA

View Full Version : The Mole returns to ABC on June 2

drake3781
May 5th, 2008, 04:08 AM
Mon June 2 10/9c

"The Mole" follows a group of 12 players as they try to figure out who among them is The Mole, a saboteur trying to keep them from winning money

==============

Dubbed television's smartest reality show, ABC is bringing back "The Mole," featuring all-new missions, locations and music, plus online and mobile interactivity, enabling more viewer participation during the 10 episodes. Jon Kelley ("Extra," "The National Sports Report," "Baseball Today") is host.

"The Mole" follows a group of 12 players as they try to figure out who among them is The Mole, a saboteur trying to keep them from winning money. Players must decide who they think The Mole is and then learn as much about him or her as they can, because, at the end of each one-hour episode, the player who knows the least about The Mole is immediately eliminated from the game. In the final dramatic episode, The Mole is revealed and one of two final players wins a substantial cash prize.

Here are four contestants' bios. (Not sure why all are not there..... maybe they will be added?)

http://abc.go.com/primetime/themole/index?pn=hostbio#t=contestant

"The Mole," based on the hit Belgian format, will be produced by Stone & Company Entertainment.

mckyle.
May 5th, 2008, 04:10 AM
I loved this show :)

Brooklyn90
May 5th, 2008, 04:15 AM
I loved the season with Kathy Griffin on it!

geoepee
May 5th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Yes! I loved the original one with Anderson Cooper, this is one of my all time fave reality shows. Can't wait to watch!

SvetaPleaseWin.
May 5th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I only liked it cos of Anderson :) I hope the new host is decent

Brett.
May 5th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Sooooooooo Gay!!!

Drake1980
May 5th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Cool!:D

Cam'ron Giles
May 5th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Sooooooooo Gay!!!

Gayer than you? :unsure:

Jeff
May 5th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Very cool. The original with Anderson was one of my favorite reality shows...wasn't into the celebrity ones. Hopefully this one will be good.

Martian KC
May 5th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I had my hopes up for Anderson to return as host.......................

geoepee
May 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I had my hopes up for Anderson to return as host.......................
I think that he's too big of a celeb/serious newcaster now....

BigB08822
May 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
The original was my fave!! Can't wait to see if the new one is good.

kfh_9118
May 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM
love this show, however so far I have only watched the Australian version.

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 7th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I loved this show. Too bad Anderson isn't coming back

juki
May 8th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Its the show that sucked me into the world of reality TV. I remember when there were message boards dedicated to trying to solve who the mole was, people were obsessed and looking for clues everywhere (in credits, confessionals, random set pieces, etc.). Good times. Can't wait for it to return, hopefully it'll live up to the original.

drake3781
Jun 3rd, 2008, 12:58 AM
REMINDER: it starts tonight!

doni1212
Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:06 AM
It's on!!!

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:45 AM
:yawn: could they have chosen a more uninteresting bunch? BORING!!!!!

drake3781
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:06 AM
:yawn: could they have chosen a more uninteresting bunch? BORING!!!!!

I think it will be OK. They have too many people right now to get into interesting personalities.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
One of the few shows you have to actually be smart to win and kind of to watch.
I think the craig,paul are on my short list.
No way Nicole is the mole. God shut up!

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
I see Nicole as the Mole but that might be too obvious...:unsure:

I gotta say it...Why another black bitch on a reality show?

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
God shut up!

Are you telling me, Nicole or God to shut up? :(

drake3781
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
I see Nicole as the Mole but that might be too obvious...:unsure:

I gotta say it...Why another black bitch on a reality show?

:lol: I didn't want to say it. :p

Ryan
Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah i was wondering why they put another Omarosa-like person on a reality show, that stuff's played out. I liked Marcie, too bad she went first. I thought the mole would be Paul/Ali/Kristen right from the bios at the start, but I'm sure Paul isn't the Mole now. I know I'd fuck up the quiz. :lol:

BigB08822
Jun 3rd, 2008, 02:24 PM
I'm so mad that I missed the premier after all this waiting. I have to go hit up ABC's website to watch it I guess.

juki
Jun 4th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Hopefully the missions will get better, wasn't too crazy about them this week. Kristen is my pick for the mole. The mole would lay pretty low at first and not fuck stuff up straight away. Funny about Marcie, my first impression during the intros was that she seems mole like also. The cast seems very inept, hopefully the winner will at least get something out of it.

Are there hidden clues for the viewers like there were in the old seasons?? I'm guessing not...

The new host is alright, he is no Anderson Cooper though (but who is??).

drake3781
Jun 4th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I was thinking it could be one of the two guys that teamed up - the ones that were driving the vans.

Will this be on Monday nights from now on?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:18 PM
lmfao loved the ending line. I will kill you in your sleep

Ryan
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Shit, forgot about it last night. Who got executed?

In The Zone
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Is the show on ABC.com? I'm very upset I keep missing the show. :o

drake3781
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Shit, forgot about it last night. Who got executed?

Is the show on ABC.com? I'm very upset I keep missing the show. :o

Yeah, it is on right after The Bachelorette. :o

The older woman got executed.

I am thinking the mole could be the younger guy who used to play soccer but in the challenge he acted like he couldn't breathe or run or something (no idea what his name is).

ABC.com puts all shows on the internet so you can watch them there.

Denise4925
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Are you telling me, Nicole or God to shut up? :(

:lol:

Denise4925
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I really think Paul is the Mole.

Paul is the only one making alliances and whoever is aligned with the Mole is going home because they don't suspect him as the Mole;

He's done poorly or failed on all of the challenges so far;

he didn't get a bag on the waterfall;

he laid in the sand giving up on putting anymore sand in the hourglass on the beach;

the woman that he aligned himself with was executed;

he stopped playing soccer and was coughing and hacking and didn't get one goal, even though he's supposed to know how to play;

he's always trying to stir up controversy and trouble amongst the group;

he waited forever for the older lady to go up to the gondolas and told her he wanted her to stop anytime she needed to stop, even though it would cause them to be too late to get the money;

he smashed the pig knowing there was at least $1000 they would have in the pot even if they didn't get any pigs or if they couldn't get the pigs in the blanket and he got immunity in the process;

also, no one else had a chance to get immunity in the last pig challenge but Paul and the older lady who were in the pit and Paul decided to pair up in two, instead of three because he knew what the challenge was going to be and he knew the pig in the pen had the immunity button in it;

he could have purposely tried not to get the pigs in the blanket without any suspicion by just letting them drop;

the older lady had no suspicion that Paul was the Mole and she was executed last night;

even though he's aligned with Alex, Alex may or may not suspect him to be the Mole, but all of them get answers wrong, Alex may not be getting as many wrong as the first woman and the second woman;

also Alex is his roommate, so he may suspect him since the Mole has to go to meet the producers every now and then;

he purposely tries to divert attention away from his own bad performances in challenges to other people and constantly tries to stir up trouble among the group.

I think the Mole is Paul.

drake3781
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:44 AM
I was thinking it could be one of the two guys that teamed up - the ones that were driving the vans.

Will this be on Monday nights from now on?

Did anybody watch this last week? I want to remember the names of the two guys who teamed up, and drove the vans.

drake3781
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:46 AM
I guess another thing we have to keep in mind is that as a strategy, a player could try to act as if he/she is the mole. That would get the other players to do poorly on the quiz, and he/she would have a better chance of identifying the actual mole. This would be espeically true if the actual mole is holding back on sabotage at first, so as not to be detected.

Martian KC
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:52 AM
It's starting to get good.:lol:

kfh_9118
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:26 AM
so glad Bobby is gone now :woohoo:
Ali was smart to take the money, although I am sad she's not in the game anymore. She's one of my favorite player.

From the first episode, I suspect Victoria is the mole, without a particular reason. Just thinking that in the beginning, The Mole will lay low and let the team to be self-destructed.

For me, Kristen & Victoria are probably the only two contestants who haven't really shown any suspicion as the Mole.

Paul, Bobby, & Nicole are acting too much as if they're The Mole, but I don't think it will be this obvious.

My favourite so far: Kirsten, Alex, Mark.

Dawn Marie
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:48 AM
I watched two episodes on and off and my first instinct was that the tall blonde women is the Mole. Then I saw some more and thought about it and think that either the black guy is the Mole or the other guy who took off his robe and refused to walk the street with no clothes on. I have a strong suspicion that the latter of the two may be the Mole.

Dawn Marie
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Forget it, I am not going to base who I think the mole is by what I see on the show. I will base it on the fact that it's been awhile that a man was the Mole. So I will eliminate all women. A black man has never been a Mole so I will take away all white men. This leaves CLAY.

MARK MY WORDS CLAY IS THE MOLE 11.

juki
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Really at this point anyone could be the more. And I'm not sure that they would chose a mole based on a certain race/sex/age because the last mole was 5 years ago, those seasons probably don't count for much anymore. I just hope that Paul or Nicole isn't the mole, because they are just too big of characters and kinda obvious. It would be a major let down.

Dawn Marie
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:54 PM
After last nights episode it looks like Craig could be the MOLE I don't see how he could of missed the dinner due to some other relapse. I didn't even see him shaking in the Squad Car. Anyway, I have to stick to my theory and pick Clay as the Mole.

drake3781
Jun 24th, 2008, 04:57 PM
The three ladies who did not fight but immediately allowed a unanimous decision to be made (ESPECIALLY Nicole, is it, the one who complains a lot) were not behaving mole-like.

On the other hand the man who insisted it be he who got the exemption... 1 tick mark in his column. Not to mention selfish, especially since he already had one. But that was the group he put himself in - selfish. :p

samsung101
Jun 24th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Why did it return?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 24th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Paul is still my pick to be the mole.
It's become quite obvious who's going home when they go to an execution, whoever was shown the most during the show.

Ryan
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I think its ALEX who's the Mole now. Him or Clay. I just think he's a very quiet, shifty type guy who isn't overly mole-like but could easily be playing it down.

Dawn Marie
Jun 25th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Well I have been on the MOLE board. My name is Liliana there and I am beginning to think their is more than one Mole. We have 10 Moles and 2 players. I am beginning to think we have more than One Mole in the game.
Eleven keeps popping up and all things that come in PAIRS keep popping up. Also a clue was I lie with my eyes. If you read the online Journal you will see that the handwritten lowercase i means first person. Well if you lie with your eyes or I's then you're working with an accomplis. Spell check that word LMAO.

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 25th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Clay is the mole...:D

Dawn Marie
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:54 AM
My first instinct was Kristin as the Mole. Clay is a close 2nd.

Actually, ABC would like to have a black man as the Mole to bring in hipper viewers. So I picked him based on money. Disney OWNS ABC and the black princess cartoon will be out soon. Clay being the Mole will target the AA demographic. Also it's time we had a black Mole like it was time Denzel won the Oscar.
Other than that, I'm picking Kristin.

jonny84
Jun 26th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Love the show so far. I think its edgier than the UK version and I like it that you get to see all the questions to the quiz at the end (we only get a sample on the UK version).
My guess is that it is Mark who is the Mole. On Episode 4 we clearly saw that on his ledger was the number 10. There are 10 weeks to the Mole, and only the Mole will remain until Week 10 guranteed.

dementieva's fan
Jun 27th, 2008, 01:37 AM
I have been watching this show but several things do not make any sense to me. Like what is the motivation of the mole, I know he is being paid by abc to sabotage but what if he does not? Does he have to sabotage every competition? Also what is the point of having a "coalition" on this show? On shows like Big Brother and Survivor it is understandable to have an alliance as they can vote people out but on this show having an alliance is pretty useless.

jonny84
Jun 27th, 2008, 09:35 AM
On shows like Big Brother and Survivor it is understandable to have an alliance as they can vote people out but on this show having an alliance is pretty useless.

I think its to share information - and then having a better chance at getting the quiz questions correct. But its dodgy as you could be in a coalition with the Mole itself!

drake3781
Jul 1st, 2008, 02:33 AM
It's exciting because I've been to the places where this show is beign filmed - Santiago, Andes Mountains, and now Mendoza!

Not many people in the world have been to Mendoza, I can say for sure! :p

I have no idea who the mole is. :lol:

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:35 AM
Poor Kristen.

So I thought it was Victoria Kristen or Alex. So my only hope is alex is the MOLE!

Ryan
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM
I think Nicole is the Mole now. :shrug: :eek:

Paneru
Jul 1st, 2008, 07:35 PM
Mark is the mole.

Them burning his stupid little book seems to be enough for
everyone to buy into his paranoia routine. Not to mention
how he single-handedly got them all to opt out of the mission
based on "principle" as Nicole claimed. Yet, she and most of
the rest had no issue with "principle" walking through that
town in a bra and/or under ware.

I think Nicole & Clay are just trying to pla it up that they
could be the mole to throw people off and get them eliminated.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM
Paul and Mark are my top candidates now.
Mark has sooome power of his fellow competitors. Getting them to just drop out

Calvin M.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 12:28 AM
I'm torn between Craig and Mark as The Mole.

I wonder if they really execute the one with the lowest score or just let go of the ones who don't make for good reality TV.

Just thinking out loud...

Ryan
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
I can't believe its Craig - he is just playing suspiciously to try and make people think he's the Mole.

angele87
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:53 PM
I don't think it's Mark. I don't think they'd edit the show the way they have if it was Mark. I think instead they're setting us up for Mark to be one of the last few players and then having a shocking ending where he's not the mole.

Calvin M.
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:44 PM
I can't believe its Craig - he is just playing suspiciously to try and make people think he's the Mole.

I got suspicious with the (convenient) dry cleaners discovery and then when he got sick and was M.I.A.

Meteor Shower
Jul 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I'm thinking its Nicole, but I hope i'm wrong. Alex is a close second.

1. Nicole
2. Alex
3. Craig (He was last in my list before this episode, but I just don't think as a player would afford himself to sabotage in any other way besides physically, and he completely did the last episode. I'm watching him more closely now)
4. Mark
5. Clay
6. Paul
I'm pretty sure its not Mark, Clay or Paul. Which means its probably one of them.

Jeff
Jul 6th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I think Alex is the mole.

jonny84
Jul 6th, 2008, 10:00 AM
I still think Mark is the mole, but then I do agree with what everyone else is saying and that someone unlikely like Alex ends up as the mole. That would be a shocker.