PDA

View Full Version : grass season wild cards

smithy1976
May 4th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hi

With the grass court season cumming up, and some brits have good points to defend, but some up and cummers have the chnace to move up with very little to defend...

Where do you think they are going to go this year, lets hope wimbledon sticks with giving them to the brits.. i mean was it kutosova who had one last year....and think the brits have showed improvement this year to deserve there chance.

Id give for DFS classic

MD - kepthavong, south, bally and elliot ( saying that keothavong and o brian may get in )
Qd - cavaday, stopp and maybe yasmin clark

eastbourne

MD south, obrian and bally ( as they have the point to defent)
QD keothavong, elliot and stoop

Wimbledon

MD Keothavong, o;brian, bally, South, elliott and stoop and annd F. id make cavaday qualify as i dont think she moved on the way people were hoping so far this year

but may with a good week or 2, anne or katie may get in on ranking

*hingis_forever*
May 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
DFS Classic

MD: South, Baltacha, Cavaday (assuming Katie and Anne get in on ranking)
QD: Stoop, Elliott, Robson (why not try her out just once)

Eastbourne

MD: South, Bally, O'brien
QD: Keothavong, Elliott, Cavaday

Wimbledon

MD: Baltacha, Cavaday, South, O'brien, Elliott, Stoop, Clarke
QD: Fitzpatrick, Borwell, Curtis, Rae, Smith, Ren, Brown

Europe rocks
May 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
DFS Classic - the MD cut off last year was 119 and the QD 482
MD: South, Baltacha, Cavaday (Katie and Anne in MD directly or go through qualifiers - they should qualify)
QD: Elliott, Stoop, Moore or Robson

Eastbourne
MD: O'Brien, Baltacha, South
QD: Keothavong, Cavaday, Borwell/Fitzpatrick/Elliott/Stoop

Wimbledon
MD: O'Brien, Baltacha, South, Cavaday, Elliott + 3 others
QD: Borwell, Fitzpatrick, Stoop, Curtis, Brown, Clark, Moore + 1 other
Keothavong in qualifying directly - she has had so many chances and is more likely to win a match or two in qualies then go into the MD directly
Smith hasn't been too impressive in singles this year, so maybe a QWC for Liz Thomas :shrug:

jamatthews
May 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Unless someone magically becomes Silver Exempt there will only be 2 MD WCs for Eastbourne.

Europe rocks
May 4th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I thought that if a silver exempt player didn't take the wildcard, it could be given to anybody? It's all too confusing!

jamatthews
May 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I thought that if a silver exempt player didn't take the wildcard, it could be given to anybody? It's all too confusing!

Only in Tier III/Tier IV events.

JAMESYBABY!
May 4th, 2008, 11:46 PM
DFS Classic
MD: South, Baltacha, Cavaday ( again if katie or anne are in md)
QD: liz thomas, jade curtis, yaz clarke ( if amanda and borwell are already in qulies)

Eastbourne
MD: keothavong, Baltacha, South
QD: obrien, amanda elliot,, stoop., borwell

Wimbledon
MD: O'Brien, Baltacha, South, Cavaday, keothavong
QD: Borwell, Fitzpatrick, Stoop, Curtis, Brown, Clark, elliot

what i think is that, they shud let anne into the md cuz she is are best brit atm,, so :D

wales1994
May 5th, 2008, 09:40 AM
what i think is that, they shud let anne into the md cuz she is are best brit atm,, so :D[/QUOTE]

anne isn't our best elena is ;)

Slutiana
May 5th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I really don't think they'd make Anne play Qualifying in WImbledon if she doesn't get in on her ranking. She's their best hope for top 100 in the grass season as Katie has so many points coming off. Out of all the w/cs she's had before, this could turn out to be the most important one.