PDA

View Full Version : india's baby-dropping video

Expat
May 3rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/01/indias-baby-dropping-ritu_n_99587.html
Please wait, your request is processed...
India's Baby-Dropping Ritual (VIDEO)

Muslims in western India have been observing a bizarre ritual - they've been throwing their young children off a tall building to improve their health. The faithful have been observing the ritual at a shrine in Solapur, in western India's Maharastra, for more than five hundred years. They believe it will make their children strong and say no accidents have ever happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI7IGW8RXiM

mirzalover
May 3rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
I saw this on the news. I was thinking how could they not get some sort of damage done to them.

SOA_MC
May 3rd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Damn:eek::help:

Infiniti2001
May 4th, 2008, 02:27 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/01/indias-baby-dropping-ritu_n_99587.html
Please wait, your request is processed...
India's Baby-Dropping Ritual (VIDEO)

Muslims in western India have been observing a bizarre ritual - they've been throwing their young children off a tall building to improve their health. The faithful have been observing the ritual at a shrine in Solapur, in western India's Maharastra, for more than five hundred years. They believe it will make their children strong and say no accidents have ever happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI7IGW8RXiM

Hindus observe the ritual too :shrug: It must be horrifying for the mothers :help:

Direwolf
May 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
i watched some afrikan tribes do this..
but.. not to their babies

kwilliams
May 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
That was horrible watching that crying girl being thrown off the tower by her father. I'm just glad that guy in the video is so good at catching them gently when they bounce. Still it's unnecessarily cruel and it obviously does nothing for any child's health. Some traditions are best left in the past.

DaMamaJama87
May 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
savages.

SOA_MC
May 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM
savages.

What's savage about it? There doing it to better the health of their children under their belief system

DaMamaJama87
May 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
What's savage about it? There doing it to better the health of their children under their belief system

Really? Dropping your baby 50 ft in the air for fun is civilized?

Well if the baby were female, it probably wouldn't even make it that far :tape::rolleyes:

SOA_MC
May 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Really? Dropping your baby 50 ft in the air for fun is civilized?

Well if the baby were female, it probably wouldn't even make it that far :tape::rolleyes:

Did you listen to the report their not doing it for fun their doing because they belive it gives thier child better health. Under their culture yes it is civilized

You are talking about western perceptions of muslim women that have often been purposely misguided by the media since 9/11. They (The media) did the same thing during WW2 and the Vietnam war, They come up 101 reasons why the enemy's society is lesser than the perfect White and Western one and your falling for it.

hdfb
May 4th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Did you listen to the report their not doing it for fun their doing because they belive it gives thier child better health. Under their culture yes it is civilized

You are talking about western perceptions of muslim women that have often been purposely misguided by the media since 9/11. They (The media) did the same thing during WW2 and the Vietnam war, They come up 101 reasons why the enemy's society is lesser than the perfect White and Western one and your falling for it.

How could you even think so strongly about this? While I agree the media does conjure up all this conceit against the enemy, some of it, if you just use your damn brain it'd make sense of what is right or wrong.

Dropping a baby is dangerous, very dangerous. And NO, we are not saying this because Indians did it, we say it because it IS regardless of the circumstance. If Michael Jackson got into enough trouble just from dangling his child, I'm sure dropping one with full intent is even more outrageous.

Using the argument that it is 'right' simply because it is the norm under their set of beliefs is atrocious and too ideal. So I take it you were totally fine with Muslim men gang raping Australian teenage girls at beach because they 'dressed provocatively and were asking for it'? And also all the terrorist attacks because their god Allah willed them to do it? All the Jews and homosexuals killed by Hitler, because that was also under his 'set of beliefs'. Homosexuals hanged to death in Islamic countries.

Many horrific events occur around the world because of traditional practices. We are in the 21st century, it is time to move on, really. It is a strong lack of education that forces people to let tradition and culture fully guide their lives.

DaMamaJama87
May 4th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Exactly. Think about it. If this is how these people treat their own children think of what kinds of things they want to do to us! They also murder their daughters in the womb or bury them in sand after they are born because they don't want them. These are the kinds of people you people on the far left are so quick to defend. You're always telling us to worry about the human rights of these sorts of people. Yeah, these people care about human rights all right :rolleyes:

SOA_MC
May 4th, 2008, 10:51 PM
How could you even think so strongly about this? While I agree the media does conjure up all this conceit against the enemy, some of it, if you just use your damn brain it'd make sense of what is right or wrong.

Dropping a baby is dangerous, very dangerous. And NO, we are not saying this because Indians did it, we say it because it IS regardless of the circumstance. If Michael Jackson got into enough trouble just from dangling his child, I'm sure dropping one with full intent is even more outrageous.

Using the argument that it is 'right' simply because it is the norm under their set of beliefs is atrocious and too ideal. So I take it you were totally fine with Muslim men gang raping Australian teenage girls at beach because they 'dressed provocatively and were asking for it'? And also all the terrorist attacks because their god Allah willed them to do it? All the Jews and homosexuals killed by Hitler, because that was also under his 'set of beliefs'. Homosexuals hanged to death in Islamic countries.

Many horrific events occur around the world because of traditional practices. We are in the 21st century, it is time to move on, really. It is a strong lack of education that forces people to let tradition and culture fully guide their lives.

I think it's a lack of education that when somebody says something like I said the response is always so fucking extreme (Hitler killing Jews, Bin Laden 9/11 attacks etc etc) Hitler killing the Jews and Bin Laden 9/11 attacks were in their minds huge glorious achievements that would change the world. The people who do this baby throwing ritual see it as no different than a christian baptism where you take a weak infant child and dunk it's head under water. Do you see muslim people ever compering baptisms to crazy christian cults who think they are doing something huge and glorious like Hitler and Bin Laden.

SOA_MC
May 4th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Exactly. Think about it. If this is how these people treat their own children think of what kinds of things they want to do to us! They also murder their daughters in the womb or bury them in sand after they are born because they don't want them. These are the kinds of people you people on the far left are so quick to defend. You're always telling us to worry about the human rights of these sorts of people. Yeah, these people care about human rights all right :rolleyes:

So are you saying all of them like that:help: and we get angry when a few of them come up with ridiculous stereotypes about us

FYI I'm not a far left person I'm just not one who comperes an innocent ancient ritual that's similar to baptism to savages.

Infiniti2001
May 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I think it's a lack of education that when somebody says something like I said the response is always so fucking extreme (Hitler killing Jews, Bin Laden 9/11 attacks etc etc) Hitler killing the Jews and Bin Laden 9/11 attacks were in their minds huge glorious achievements that would change the world. The people who do this baby throwing ritual see it as no different than a christian baptism where you take a weak infant child and dunk it's head under water. Do you see muslim people ever compering baptisms to crazy christian cults who think they are doing something huge and glorious like Hitler and Bin Laden.

Uh which christian denomination dunk babies heads under water? :shrug:

SOA_MC
May 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM
[edit] Submersion

Baptism by submersionSubmersion (also called "total immersion" or, loosely, "immersion") is the form of baptism in which the water completely covers the candidate's body. Though immersion is now also common, submersion is practised in the Orthodox and several of the other Eastern Churches, as well as in the Ambrosian Rite. It is one of the methods provided in the Roman Catholic rite for the baptism of infants. On the basis of Romans 6:3-11 it has been generally supposed to have been the custom of the early Church, but this view has been challenged from the evidence of primitive pictorial representations and measurements of surviving early baptismal fonts.[52]

Biblical passages such as Romans 6:2-13 and Colossians 2:12-13 lead some Christians to believe that baptism is by full immersion (submersion) in water in order to represent a death and burial (when the person being baptized is submerged under the water, as if buried), and a resurrection (when the person comes up out of the water, as if rising from the grave) - a "death" and a "burial" to an old way of life focused on sinning, and a "resurrection" to the start of a new life as a Christian focused on God.[29] John 3:3-5 is also sometimes taken as implying that baptism is by complete immersion in water to represent a birth to a new life as a Christian (when the person being baptized comes out of the water).[30] Some Christians who use submersion maintain that other forms of baptism fail to adequately represent these symbols of death, burial, resurrection and birth and thus are incorrect methods of baptism. Because Jesus was not buried underground but in an above-ground tomb, some assert that what pictures Jesus' death is not the physical rite but what occurs spiritually, the death of the old life and the new life or baptism in the Holy Spirit.[28]

http://i31.tinypic.com/bdwjex.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism

And I'm kinda done with argument good bye:wavey: Have a nice day

hdfb
May 4th, 2008, 11:35 PM

Yes, in their mind, it is a glorious achievement. What isn't so glorious is that you don't seem to have a problem with it. You say you aren't a leftist, it's because you are so damn far down that scale your way of thinking is just a waste of grey matter.

Infiniti2001
May 4th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I don't see a baby in that pic :shrug: Baptism by submersion is for grown ups while water is poured over the heads of babies and kids. :rolleyes: Do you also think that female circumcision is right because it's part of the culture of those who do it?

SOA_MC
May 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Yes, in their mind, it is a glorious achievement. What isn't so glorious is that you don't seem to have a problem with it. You say you aren't a leftist, it's because you are so damn far down that scale your way of thinking is just a waste of grey matter.

Did you listen to the report if you did you would of heard that no babies get hurt. The people that do this know what their doing It's completely safe don't just diss something because you don't understand it. Maybe we should do to them what we did to the Aboriginals round them all up put them in schools and teach them to be like us white folk

Me brain fine work:p

DaMamaJama87
May 5th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Sure, dropping a baby 50 ft is completely safe. :rolls:

I wonder why we all don't do it too :haha: