samsung101
May 2nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
I admit I liked Stuart Smalley.
People did like him.

I like that Franken for years and years, has
been a regular visitor to the troops around
the world to entertain them.

Good job Al.

But, everything else Franken does on stage, yuck.

His politics, ridiculous.
His Air America Show, never funny or interesting.

So, it's kind of amusing to read that Al Franken owed
$70,000 in back taxes for many years, to multiple states.

Good job there Al.

Hey, how come you're not getting the Wesley Snipes treatment?

Oh yeah, you paid the bill, without question.
Whereas, Wesley, said he did not owe taxes, in fact, got money
back, even if he didn't pay. For years and years. He obviously
had a better attorney too.

Oh well.

I hope Minnesota doesn't take kindly to tax cheats.
Vote Norm Coleman, one of my least favorite Republican Senators.
But, a lot better than Al Franken.

Then again, it's Minnesota, they elected a wrestler as governor.

Said the woman from the state that elected The Terminator to two terms.

Pureracket
May 2nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Reeling?Hardly. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gifFranken overpaid the state of MN and is receiving a refund from them.

Franken's accountant paid all his taxes to MN, when he really owed the taxes to other states.

This is a non-issue that will go away quickly.

samsung101
May 5th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Al should win this actually.

Norm Coleman is kind of dull, and he's not raking in
the campaign funds.

But, Al has found politics is tough. Your every move
is watched. The Republican bloggers are on his case, and
they are the ones finding out about his taxes, his contributors,
his videotaped comments, etc., and that's hurting him in
Minnesota.

woosey
May 5th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Reeling?Hardly. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/transparent.gifFranken overpaid the state of MN and is receiving a refund from them.

Franken's accountant paid all his taxes to MN, when he really owed the taxes to other states.

This is a non-issue that will go away quickly.

thanks. i was thinking of writing this when i saw this posting, which was undoubtedly done immediately after watching a blurb on fox news. :lol::rolleyes:

wta_zuperfann
May 6th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Al's show on Air America Radio sucked big time -- his constant stammering was one of the most unpleasant things ever heard on radio . But, in truth, most of AAR shows are dull as hell.

People who work in multiple states have gotten caught up in failure to pay situations. Usually it's the accountant's fault for failure to file in those separate states. As a former IRS agent I saw this several times when celebrities, businessmen, and frequent travellers filed their Federal returns.

Cam'ron Giles
May 6th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Samsung, you are a dumb ass...First of all underpaying your taxes without "evasion" is a common thing and almost never prosecuted. The IRS takes the collection route in these cases. UNDER REPORTING at the time you file a return or not filing (let alone collecting refunds you are not entitled to) is a criminal offense. :weirdo:

The Prophet
May 6th, 2008, 05:20 AM
This is a big story here in Minnesota and Franken has been seriously damaged by all this. SurveyUSA did a poll here last week and it showed that 51 percent of Minnesotans think Franken should withdraw from the race and 59 percent said they are now less likely to vote for him. The poll also showed Coleman leading Franken by 10 points (52-42). The latest Rasmussen poll has Coleman leading by seven (50-43). The race was a dead heat just a couple months ago.

wta_zuperfann
May 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I don't quit see how Franken has bee hurt by this revelation as he has overpaid his taxes for Minnesota and New York. In fact, more Republicans have had similar problems and the controlled right wing media has failed make an issue of it:

http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/18751264.html

Therefore, once again samsung has attempted to discredit a Democrat while actually proving that it is Republicans whose sins are so readily overlooked by her fellow right wingers in the news media.

wta_zuperfann
May 10th, 2008, 02:41 AM
No reply from samsung when she again discovers that her fellow right wing Republicans screwed up more often than have the Dems.

No surprise.

Well, samsung --- how about showing some measure of integrity here by admitting that you always conveniently overlook your party's royal screw ups???

wta_zuperfann
May 11th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Hey samsung -- why did you abandon your phony thread? Come back! Admit that you hate Democrats and the truth about your fellow Republican hypocrites!!

:lol:

:haha:

Cam'ron Giles
May 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM
lol