PDA

View Full Version : Woman, 81, beaten in road rage incident

drake3781
May 2nd, 2008, 05:35 AM
Woman, 81, beaten in road rage incident

Published: May 2, 2008 at 12:09 AM

INDIANAPOLIS, May 2 (UPI) -- Indianapolis police say a young driver enraged by an elderly woman she thought was driving too slowly beat her so severely her leg was broken in 14 places.

Jessica Vasquez was arrested late Wednesday, several hours after Evelyn Page, 81, was assaulted, WRTV reported.

"This is a crime that is outrageous, something that we don't normally see," said Police Detective Wendall Daniel. "We don't normally see a female, 19 years old, beating an 81-year-old woman."

Vasquez allegedly passed Page and then stopped abruptly, blocking her way and forcing Page to stop as well. She allegedly went to Page's car, hit her, pulled her out and continued assaulting her.

Witnesses got a license plate number, leading to Vasquez's arrest. Police said Vasquez had several young children with her at the time of the attack.

Page will have to get a knee replacement.

Ellery
May 2nd, 2008, 05:45 AM
:cuckoo: Someone's got issues.

drake3781
May 2nd, 2008, 05:51 AM
Beaten Driver, 81, Says She Couldn't Understand Rage

Hospitalized Woman Recalls Encounter; 19-Year-Old Under Arrest

INDIANAPOLIS -- An 81-year-old woman who says a motorist exited a vehicle and beat her in her car says she can't understand why the attacker became so angry.

Lying in a hospital bed Thursday, Evelyn Page recalled the Wednesday morning attack that left one of her legs broken in 14 places.

"She thought I pulled out in front of her and went slow. I said that's the first time anyone ever told me I went too slow. They always say I go too fast," Page (pictured) told 6News' Jack Rinehart.

Police said Page was driving in the 6200 block of South Meridian Street on Wednesday morning when 19-year-old Jessica Vasquez -- believing Page had cut her off -- drove around her and slammed on her brakes, forcing Page to stop.

Vasquez then exited her car, opened the driver's-side door of Page's car and began beating her, police said.

"She just reached right in and punched me with her fist," Page said.

Page said Vasquez demanded her keys and driver's license. Page said she left her vehicle to try to escape from Vasquez.

"When I did, she either hit me or she shoved me, and I went backwards and I fell, and my leg went underneath me," Page said, explaining her leg injuries.

Witnesses followed Vasquez's car as she sped away and were able to give police a license number, allowing officers to arrest Vasquez Wednesday night on preliminary charges of battery and criminal confinement, authorities said.

Vasquez expressed remorse in a profanity-laced interview with 6News as she was taken to a police station Wednesday night.

"I don't have anything to explain to you," Vasquez said. "I hope she's feeling better tomorrow."

Police said Thursday that Vasquez is a suspect in a recent armed robbery, citing surveillance video that they believe shows her. Details about the robbery weren't available.

Page has been told she will need a knee replacement because of her injuries.

"I don't know why she got so mad," Page said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/2008/0501/16102195.jpg
19 year old Jennifer Vasquez.

http://wthr.images.worldnow.com/images/8256034_BG4.jpg
Lois Page
"I didn't do anything. That's what I kept telling her. I didn't do anything," Page said.

mirzalover
May 2nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
She needs her ass beat. She better pay for that knee replacement to.

faboozadoo15
May 2nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
:eek: Are those really pictures of the two?
Dear me, that poor woman!
Jennifer has got it coming to her, that's for sure. She'll get hers.
Hopefully Lois will have a speedy recovery.

V.Melb
May 2nd, 2008, 07:23 AM
and this woman is raising children, the future criminals of our society.

skanky~skanketta
May 2nd, 2008, 07:29 AM
While I have felt furious for drivers driving too slowly in the fast lane, doing something like this has never even crossed my mind! Hell, I rarely even honk at them unless they're doing 30 below the speed limit on a fast lane.

Jakeev
May 2nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
The absolutely scary think about the whole thing is that it happen everyday.

eck
May 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
:help:

ElusiveChanteuse
May 2nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
The girl does look :cuckoo: for sure.:rolleyes:
I think she's on drugs as well.:o

"She thought I pulled out in front of her and went slow. I said that's the first time anyone ever told me I went too slow. They always say I go too fast," Page (pictured) told 6News' Jack Rinehart.

Poor old lady.:awww: :hug:

Miranda
May 2nd, 2008, 09:02 AM
how crazy now is this world, many people have no shame/moral/heart :fiery::sad:

hingis-seles
May 2nd, 2008, 09:05 AM
WTF?!

How must she have been raised? Beating up people to express yourself? And beating an elderly woman? No respect whatsoever.

Shameful.

gentenaire
May 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
! Hell, I rarely even honk at them unless they're doing 30 below the speed limit on a fast lane.

You have to be careful with that even. A friend of mine from Texas had her back window shot out of her car for doing just that, honking at a car. Her husband was driving the car, their two young children were in the car, they were just on a regular outing, and the guy in the other car just took a gun and shot at them. Fortunately no one was hurt, but the children were quite shaken by the whole experience.

RandomShot
May 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Sometimes I wonder about some people in this world.

Infiniti2001
May 2nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
Disgusting :fiery: If she could treat a stranger like this, just imagine what she will do to her own grandmother if she pisses her off :rolleyes:

kwilliams
May 2nd, 2008, 05:15 PM
What a scumbag. That poor old woman. I hope she feels safe enough to get back on the roads as soon as she's able. Recuperation from surgery at her age will unfortunately take a great deal of time and pain that woman 'hoping she feels better tomorrow' doesn't cut it at all. She won't feel better or be mobile for quite some time.

The attack must've lasted a couple of minutes, someone should've intervened.

Sally Struthers
May 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM
I hate old and slow drivers as much as anyone and commonly curse at them to myself in the car, but I would never get out and assault someone like that let alone an old lady. That woman is crazy and should be locked up for a long time. :fiery:

The old lady also needs to lock her doors. Don't people lock their car doors? I know that's one of the first things I do when I get in the car.

ImaVeggie
May 2nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Can I ask a question? Slow drivers.... what does this mean to you?

blackcrave
May 2nd, 2008, 11:34 PM
maybe she's high

mykarma
May 3rd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Beaten Driver, 81, Says She Couldn't Understand Rage

Hospitalized Woman Recalls Encounter; 19-Year-Old Under Arrest

INDIANAPOLIS -- An 81-year-old woman who says a motorist exited a vehicle and beat her in her car says she can't understand why the attacker became so angry.

Lying in a hospital bed Thursday, Evelyn Page recalled the Wednesday morning attack that left one of her legs broken in 14 places.

Police said Page was driving in the 6200 block of South Meridian Street on Wednesday morning when 19-year-old Jessica Vasquez -- believing Page had cut her off -- drove around her and slammed on her brakes, forcing Page to stop.

Vasquez then exited her car, opened the driver's-side door of Page's car and began beating her, police said.

"She just reached right in and punched me with her fist," Page said.

Page said Vasquez demanded her keys and driver's license. Page said she left her vehicle to try to escape from Vasquez.

"When I did, she either hit me or she shoved me, and I went backwards and I fell, and my leg went underneath me," Page said, explaining her leg injuries.

Witnesses followed Vasquez's car as she sped away and were able to give police a license number, allowing officers to arrest Vasquez Wednesday night on preliminary charges of battery and criminal confinement, authorities said.

Vasquez expressed remorse in a profanity-laced interview with 6News as she was taken to a police station Wednesday night.

"I don't have anything to explain to you," Vasquez said. "I hope she's feeling better tomorrow."

Police said Thursday that Vasquez is a suspect in a recent armed robbery, citing surveillance video that they believe shows her. Details about the robbery weren't available.

Page has been told she will need a knee replacement because of her injuries.

"I don't know why she got so mad," Page said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/2008/0501/16102195.jpg
19 year old Jennifer Vasquez.

http://wthr.images.worldnow.com/images/8256034_BG4.jpg
Lois Page
"I didn't do anything. That's what I kept telling her. I didn't do anything," Page said.
Her ass is going to jail and those inmates are going to have a field day beating her ass. She'd better pray that no one recognizes her.

mykarma
May 3rd, 2008, 12:31 AM
You have to be careful with that even. A friend of mine from Texas had her back window shot out of her car for doing just that, honking at a car. Her husband was driving the car, their two young children were in the car, they were just on a regular outing, and the guy in the other car just took a gun and shot at them. Fortunately no one was hurt, but the children were quite shaken by the whole experience.
I had forgotten about his episode until I heard about your friends experience.

This happen a long time ago, but I was dating this guy and someone drove past us and gave him the finger. I had never seen him angry or remotely upset but something about that made him lose his damn mind. :eek: He was real light complexion, face got all red, cursing up a damn storm and took off after that car like a bat out of hell, tires screeching and shit. I already have big eyes and I bet they looked like saucers because he scared the living shit out of me. I didn't know whether I was going to die from him crashing the car or really hurt those people. I was screaming at the fool to slow down and take my ass home. I was so upset that he stopped chasing them and needless to say, I took that as a warning and stopped dating that fool.

Since that happened I don't mess with people on the road because people can be real crazy. Your friend and his family are very fortunate and hope the kids were able to get over that experience.

mykarma
May 3rd, 2008, 12:57 AM
I hate old and slow drivers as much as anyone and commonly curse at them to myself in the car, but I would never get out and assault someone like that let alone an old lady. That woman is crazy and should be locked up for a long time. :fiery:

The old lady also needs to lock her doors. Don't people lock their car doors? I know that's one of the first things I do when I get in the car.
Sally, you're like me. I lock my doors b4 I put on my seatbelt or start my car. Perhaps it's because I was raised in a big city.

I'm full of stories this evening but back in the day, a girl I know stopped at a corner to make a turn and this drug addict grabbed her door to try and get in her car probably for her pocketbook. She took off with him holding onto the door handle. Because she took off so fast he didn't have time to release his hands, or his hands got caught in the handle, or perhaps he was just high and slow, but she said he was running with the car trying to keep up because his hand was caught. She said that he was yelling at her to stop the f'ing car until he finally fell off. :lol:

These day it may have been a different result because people today carry guns.

Damn, I wrote all of that to say to people, lock your doors.

Pureracket
May 3rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
That's sick beating that woman like that. I think about my grandmother and how upset I'd be if somebody did that to her.

The driver should've been satisfied in knowing that there's a special place in hell for people who drive too slowly. There has to be.

drake3781
May 3rd, 2008, 01:26 AM
Sally, you're like me. I lock my doors b4 I put on my seatbelt or start my car. Perhaps it's because I was raised in a big city.

I'm full of stories this evening but back in the day, a girl I know stopped at a corner to make a turn and this drug addict grabbed her door to try and get in her car probably for her pocketbook. She took off with him holding onto the door handle. Because she took off so fast he didn't have time to release his hands, or his hands got caught in the handle, or perhaps he was just high and slow, but she said he was running with the car trying to keep up because his hand was caught. She said that he was yelling at her to stop the f'ing car until he finally fell off. :lol:

Here is what happened to me one time... driving down highway, middle lane (not the "fast lane") not going too slow, just the regular speed. Car comes up behind me, a big sedan type car like a Cadillac, and gets really close to my rear end, like it wants me to speed up, but I wasn't going too slow. Does it again, and again. Next it comes up and BUMPS my rear bumper! Can you imagine?!? As I'm driving on the highway, being intentionally harassed and bumped from behind. Then it BUMPS me again! I was so scared and my adrenaline was flowing. I forget what happened next but somehow the car went around me or I moved over and it passed, then I followed it and got its license plate number. Followed it about two miles to the exit where it got off, then I went to the police station near that exit. When I got there, I didn't realize how traumatized I was until I started to tell the policewoman what happened and I started crying from the stress. Anyway they looked up the license plate number; it was from a rental car, and I wanted them to contact the rental agency and find out who had rented the car to go after them, or at least let the agency know so they would check the car and charge the guy for damages. But the police said I had no proof it happened and they couldn't do anything.

Infiniti2001
May 3rd, 2008, 02:17 AM
If you want to experience slow driving, come down to Florida when all the snow birds are here during the winter :eek:

Pureracket
May 3rd, 2008, 02:31 AM
If you want to experience slow driving, come down to Florida when all the snow birds are here during the winter :eek:Babeeeee.....that's exactly what I'm talking about.

mykarma
May 3rd, 2008, 02:37 AM
Here is what happened to me one time... driving down highway, middle lane (not the "fast lane") not going too slow, just the regular speed. Car comes up behind me, a big sedan type car like a Cadillac, and gets really close to my rear end, like it wants me to speed up, but I wasn't going too slow. Does it again, and again. Next it comes up and BUMPS my rear bumper! Can you imagine?!? As I'm driving on the highway, being intentionally harassed and bumped from behind. Then it BUMPS me again! I was so scared and my adrenaline was flowing. I forget what happened next but somehow the car went around me or I moved over and it passed, then I followed it and got its license plate number. Followed it about two miles to the exit where it got off, then I went to the police station near that exit. When I got there, I didn't realize how traumatized I was until I started to tell the policewoman what happened and I started crying from the stress. Anyway they looked up the license plate number; it was from a rental car, and I wanted them to contact the rental agency and find out who had rented the car to go after them, or at least let the agency know so they would check the car and charge the guy for damages. But the police said I had no proof it happened and they couldn't do anything.
Aww shit. Those same people could continue to do that kind of thing but next time really hurt someone.

Sally Struthers
May 3rd, 2008, 02:40 AM

I just lock the doors so they don't fly open if I get into an accident. I don't know if it's true but that's what they told us in drivers ed a long time ago so I hold it to be sacrosanct to this day :haha: