PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Pink Tennis Tournament in Amsterdam

Philbo
May 1st, 2008, 10:05 AM
Anyone else from the boards gonna be playing in the tournament in Amsterdam next week?

Ill be making my professional debut ;) Ive drawn the 13th seed in round 1....

Brett.
May 1st, 2008, 10:46 AM
If you are playing against Mandy7, i'll be rooting for her.

Philbo
May 1st, 2008, 10:55 AM
If you are playing against Mandy7, i'll be rooting for her.

Well hopefully Ill do a bit better than Essendon did on Anzax day ;)

Elwin.
May 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM
What's that ?

flyingmachine
May 1st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Anyone else from the boards gonna be playing in the tournament in Amsterdam next week?

Ill be making my professional debut ;) Ive drawn the 13th seed in round 1....

That's great. :D Best of luck Czechfan.:)

Philbo
May 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
What's that ?

Its a gay tennis tournament being held in Holland next weekend.. Biggest tournament of the european circuit! 64 man draw in 4 divisions.. I tossed up between B grade and C grade, in the end decided to chase the trophy in C grade lol...

Elwin.
May 1st, 2008, 11:38 AM
i hope you'll win :banana:

Good luck:)

hingis-seles
May 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Good luck. We'll be rooting for you. ;)

kwilliams
May 1st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Cool! Best of luck!

Brett.
May 1st, 2008, 11:49 AM
Well hopefully Ill do a bit better than Essendon did on Anzax day ;)

Do they play tennis? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm sure Mandy7 will give you a nice double bagels. :) :lick:

Ben.
May 1st, 2008, 11:51 AM
Good luck Czechfan :) Have fun :D

SM
May 1st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Good luck, Philbo :)

Just Do It
May 1st, 2008, 01:45 PM
:lol: That is hilarious. I'll be in Amsterdam around 10th July, they better organize something similar then as well.

Kick their asses :devil:

Philbo
May 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM
Do they play tennis? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm sure Mandy7 will give you a nice double bagels. :) :lick:

Will she be playing in the Mens Singles? NOOOOOOOOOO :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sam L
May 1st, 2008, 03:05 PM
Smashing Pink? :haha:

Philbo
May 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Smashing Pink? :haha:
www.glta.net
Take a look Sam - Theres a full on Gay Tennis Circuit with full rankings etc! Its quite a crackup actually. It sure will be an adventure.. and if I lose early Im just gonna go spend my time in the coffee shops of Amsterdam!!

My friend ended up shagging his german doubles partner in Dusselldorf a few weeks ago and then lost their next match 0 and 1 hehehehe...

Elwin.
May 1st, 2008, 06:21 PM
:lol: That is hilarious. I'll be in Amsterdam around 10th July, they better organize something similar then as well.

Kick their asses :devil:

:eek:

spiceboy
May 2nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
I played the tournament in 2006 :bounce:

Amazing experience. This is actually one of the Grand Slams of the GLTA tournaments, one of the best organized and everything. The week we were there there was Dutch interclubs also so we shared courts with Muller, Bychkova, Harkleroad etc, we actually felt like real pros out there :lol:

You can see my pics and reports here:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=238676

Pics are in pages 2 & 3 (including my pics with Ashley :hearts:) and reports are in Spanish as it was originally posted in The Spanish Armada forum.

If you have any question let me know :kiss:

spiceboy
May 2nd, 2008, 01:27 AM
And good luck! :bounce:

I drawed the eventual winner in round 2 (got a bye in 1st rd) and lost 61 61 :help:

Then we went to indoor hardcourts for consolation (first time ever) and I barely managed to see the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast ball :haha: Funny thing? I lost against the eventual winner as well :lol:

Drake1980
May 2nd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Good luck. I played a couple Tournaments last year. One in Miami and one in Las Vegas. They are very fun.

Philbo
May 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
And good luck! :bounce:

I drawed the eventual winner in round 2 (got a bye in 1st rd) and lost 61 61 :help:

Then we went to indoor hardcourts for consolation (first time ever) and I barely managed to see the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast ball :haha: Funny thing? I lost against the eventual winner as well :lol:

Cheers Spiceboy.

Im absolutely FUMING!!!! They released the draw, then 24 hours later they released a completely different draw, and now Ive got the number 1 seed in round two, assuming I win my first round!!!

Why would they do that? Because their friends werent happy with the draw, they just decide to do a whole new one? Bloody queens....

MLF
May 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Biggest tournament of the european circuit!

The Eurogames which is being held in Barcelona in July is bigger, but this is probably the most popular event that is in a fixed city every year. Good luck. I'm playing in A singles and doubles in Barcelona, not sure how long you're in Europe but I think it's waiting list only now for Eurogames.

Don't pay too much attention to the seedings, sometimes the higher seede players are just there because they've played loads of events, some of the lower seeds / unseeded players can be stronger.

Philbo
May 2nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
The Eurogames which is being held in Barcelona in July is bigger, but this is probably the most popular event that is in a fixed city every year. Good luck. I'm playing in A singles and doubles in Barcelona, not sure how long you're in Europe but I think it's waiting list only now for Eurogames.

Don't pay too much attention to the seedings, sometimes the higher seede players are just there because they've played loads of events, some of the lower seeds / unseeded players can be stronger.

Yeah my friends have told me that MLF..

I wanted to play Barcelona but missed the registration date so couldnt get in.. Its gonna be great!

MLF
May 2nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
Well, if you're around and have a chance you should head to Barcelona for Eurogames weekend, it's bound to be very lively! I got a bronze in the Antwerp games last year so hoping to do better this time, wish it wasn't on clay again though :(