PDA

View Full Version : Pop Idol?

Imperfect Angel
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
ui6KzGblPBI

I find this guy is so annoying yet funny at the same time.I'm glad he's out though.:)

Is this British Pop Idol by the way?

kwilliams
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Mmm, he seems (or seemed) quite desperate. That was the first and only series of Pop Idol in Britain, back in winter 2002! You can tell it was the first series because he isn't that great and got through to the finals. They have X-Factor in Britain now instead.

Direwolf
Apr 30th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I thought that they now have Britain's Got Talent!!
noh??

kwilliams
May 1st, 2008, 11:04 AM
I thought that they now have Britain's Got Talent!!
noh??

They have that in the summer but that's for anyone and everyone. In the winter they show X-Factor and that's a much bigger deal and it's just a singing competition.

Imperfect Angel
May 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Oh,I see.I thought it was the latest series.:o

But they loved to argue with the judges,didn't they?
Perhaps it was their choice of words,I think it made some of them seemed quite rude.:tape:
Most of them thought themselves better than they think they were.:angel: :p

kwilliams
May 1st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Oh,I see.I thought it was the latest series.:o

But they loved to argue with the judges,didn't they?
Perhaps it was their choice of words,I think it made some of them seemed quite rude.:tape:
Most of them thought themselves better than they think they were.:angel: :p

Definitely! I think that's because it was pretty much (aside from Popstars the year before) the first series of it's kind so they could probably compare themselves to very few others at their level and went on what their friends and family would tell them. I know deluded people still try out for these talent contests but a lot of people now have seen a lot of talent over the past few years on shows like these and they've seen talented people who couldn't make a career of it afterwards. A guy like him would never make it to the finals of one of these contests now.

This programme was the first to feature Simon Cowell I think and it was the beginning of the archetypal mean but entertaining judge!