PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus...? Is she being managed properly?

RVD
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:34 AM
When I see pics like this of a 15 year old teen,
I can't help but think that a total meltdown is inevitable,
somewhere down the road.
Is this supposed to be sexy, provocative, enticing...?

Or art?

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2008-04/38273813.jpg

Maybe I'm out of touch with today's youth, and becoming a bit prudish in my 'old'
age, but my daughter watches Hannah Montanah and even saw her concert film. This is not the sort
of image I want for her to embrace.

I don't understand today's Marketing & PR at all. This looks very 'Lolita' to me.

P.S.
Is this really Miley Cyrus, or a fake?

Meesh
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
The pictures are real. Parents back in the day said the same thing about Madonna when she had a big teen following and then started pissing off the Pope and groping herself on video's. It's the same cycle of BS.. for me it's all about publicity.
-- the photographer, Leibovitz is well known and the Cyrus family new exactly what they were getting into.

Hayato
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I thought she was regarded as a "good girl" a few months ago.
Now she had one photo taken where you can see her bare back in it, and it's all over the news and people are wondering if she's going to have a meltdown.
Much ado about nothing IMO :lol:
She's awesome ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:36 AM
When I see pics like this of a 15 year old teen,
I can't help but think that a total meltdown is inevitable,
somewhere down the road.
Is this supposed to be sexy, provocative, enticing...?

Or art?

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2008-04/38273813.jpg

Maybe I'm out of touch with today's youth, and becoming a bit prudish in my 'old'
age, but my daughter watches Hannah Montanah and even saw her concert film. This is not the sort
of image I want for her to embrace.

I don't understand today's Marketing & PR at all. This looks very 'Lolita' to me.

P.S.
Is this really Miley Cyrus, or a fake?

You're quite cynical and incredibly out of touch in many areas not only this.

Why is it so inevitable that a girl like this is going to have a meltdown when Disney has people like Ashley Tisdale, Raven-Simone, and Hillary Duff.
They even took 2 girls from 3LW and Disneyfied/Cheetahfied them.

Whose more incline to deal with the ebbs and flows of the music and teen industry, you or Billie Ray Cyrus, who is still considered a good role model by many Christian magazines.

This reminds me of the episode of South Park with Britney Spears, where people do whatever they can to get the meltdown they so desparately want to see.

If you have any damn sense you should be worried more about someone like Tiffany Evans who is also 15, has no tits but that's not stopping her from wearing tank top who has a song out called I'm Grown. :eek:
Bitch you are 15. You haven't even graduated to a real bra yet.

Or
Jojo. Who was talking about some damn "breezy" at 12 years old.
If you have some man hollering at you at 12 or 13, he ain't no breezy, he's a fucking pedophile.
Then at 15 she's out in the rain in Too Litle Too Late with her tits being shown off.
Ever hear of a raincoat?

samsung101
Apr 30th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Annie Liebowitz often creates controversy from her photos, even with adults.
Brad Pitt was angry with some photos she took of him for a cover, Whoopi naked
in a tub of milk, Demi Moore naked and pregnant, etc. It's not a new thing for
her, she's famous for it.

She doesn't often just photograph people as if for Reader's Digest Magazine...she
wants to shock.

Shame on her a bit for even suggesting it to a 15 year old. That's what bugs me.
Hey, Annie, she's freaking 15. Ask her when she's 18 or near 18. Not now. That's
a major problem for me.

However, her parents were there for all or part of the shoot, and apparently the rest of
the photo session was w/her dad, props, fun poses. Nothing like this.

But, if Mom or Dad or agent were there, they can easily say, uh, not right now, maybe we'll
come back some time to do that other stuff....like when she gets a driver's license.

Mom, Dad, Agent, you messed up too.
As did Vanity Fair. Are revenues that low, you have to pimp a 15 year old kid?

Rich and famous or not, she's still a kid.

Miley - slow down. To now, she's been pretty cool w/things it seems. Her parents seem to
have done okay with her. But, she looks older now, she can act older now too. She's not 12
any more. She's wealthy and famous, & a teenager. Not a great combo.

I think she'll stay pretty down to earth with things, only because her parents have been
there w/her more. While 'Hollywood' in nature, they seem to try to say no to her.

I would think she'll be more Jodie Foster, long term career, than, say, Joanie from
Happy Days, drugs, booze, loser life.

Disney can't be happy with this.
They pay them so much, can't these people just stay clean and out of trouble until
they get out of puberty? Millions, you are chancing wasting away millions of dollars.

samsung101
Apr 30th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Memo to parents of Miley - take away the computer and the boyfriend.....that's it.
Ground her. Try it, see where that gets you.
Get rid of her loser 'hanger on friends'.

Make her see Brittney Spears appearance at the Grammys or MTV awards, where she showed
up fat, wasted, and dazed.

Then, toss in the hair shaving video.

Tell her, that's your future if you screw up.

IceHock
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:11 PM
You can't blame a 15 year old for those, she does not have say in whether she does this or not, the blame should be on the parents, a 15 year old does not make these decisions for herself, showbiz tonight said the same thing.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Memo to parents of Miley - take away the computer and the boyfriend.....that's it.
Ground her. Try it, see where that gets you.
Get rid of her loser 'hanger on friends'.

Make her see Brittney Spears appearance at the Grammys or MTV awards, where she showed
up fat, wasted, and dazed.

Then, toss in the hair shaving video.

Tell her, that's your future if you screw up.

There's nothing I feel that says to me that Miley is rebelling.
She is still doing things with her father as she has since she was 12, including this photo shoot.
She's going to court tomorrow to legalize her name to Miley Ray Cyrus.
Now what girl do you know rebels by changing their middle name to their father's middle name. :lol:
Whoa she's taking it too far now.

mirzalover
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'm sorry but I really dont see the big deal. I dont like this girl at all, and when I heard "Hanna Montana's topless photos" I thought some shit is about to go down. Then you see this picture and its like what! Thats the shocker of bad parenting, a whore, blah blah blah. It has to be for Publicity cause this is sooooo not worth the attention its getting.

IceHock
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I'm sorry but I really dont see the big deal. I dont like this girl at all, and when I heard "Hanna Montana's topless photos" I thought some shit is about to go down. Then you see this picture and its like what! Thats the shocker of bad parenting, a whore, blah blah blah. It has to be for Publicity cause this is sooooo not worth the attention its getting.

you should have seen the other one, she was getting toasted for a showing her fuckin bra strap, i was like cmooooooon are you serious, her frigin bra strap when she had a shirt on, and they were like omggg this could ruin her career, over a bra strap, i was just like what retards.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Shame on her a bit for even suggesting it to a 15 year old. That's what bugs me.
Hey, Annie, she's freaking 15. Ask her when she's 18 or near 18. Not now. That's
a major problem for me.

However, her parents were there for all or part of the shoot, and apparently the rest of
the photo session was w/her dad, props, fun poses. Nothing like this.

But, if Mom or Dad or agent were there, they can easily say, uh, not right now, maybe we'll
come back some time to do that other stuff....like when she gets a driver's license.

Mom, Dad, Agent, you messed up too.
As did Vanity Fair. Are revenues that low, you have to pimp a 15 year old kid?

Rich and famous or not, she's still a kid.

Miley - slow down. To now, she's been pretty cool w/things it seems. Her parents seem to
have done okay with her. But, she looks older now, she can act older now too. She's not 12
any more. She's wealthy and famous, & a teenager. Not a great combo.

I think she'll stay pretty down to earth with things, only because her parents have been
there w/her more. While 'Hollywood' in nature, they seem to try to say no to her.

I would think she'll be more Jodie Foster, long term career, than, say, Joanie from
Happy Days, drugs, booze, loser life.

Disney can't be happy with this.
They pay them so much, can't these people just stay clean and out of trouble until
they get out of puberty? Millions, you are chancing wasting away millions of dollars.

She's 15 but there's nothing about the pic to me that I find erotic.
First of all her back is hunched, which Tyra can tell you automatically screams artsy compared to men's magazine unhunched.

Disney is not happy with a lot of things.
When Raven-Simone was gaining weight they weren't happy with that either.
Disney can never be satisfied so there's no reason to try to compromise with people who will get rid of your kid for the next best thing when she's 18 or 19.

They do know that if they ditch the kid and she's still big that they can make revenue for years off of their old stuff.
Why do you think they're keeping Vanessa Anne-Hudgens around?

mirzalover
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM
you should have seen the other one, she was getting toasted for a showing her fuckin bra strap, i was like cmooooooon are you serious, her frigin bra strap when she had a shirt on, and they were like omggg this could ruin her career, over a bra strap, i was just like what retards.

You see girls bra straps, all the time and its not like their even trying to show them sometimes.

Warrior
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:50 PM
It's an artistic shot. But given American attitude towards sexually (especially with young people), they should've forseen this.

Infiniti2001
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Annie Liebowitz often creates controversy from her photos, even with adults.

Every celebrity should know that by now :shrug: In the case of Miley Cyrus, blame her parents and her people considering they were all present at the shoot. They are the adults in the girl's life and should have opened their traps from the getgo. Then again they did not find anything wrong with the pics until others starting screaming bloody murder :rolleyes: :help: I personally don't find anything wrong with the picture, to me all this is much ado about nada, and hopefully it will blow away soon.

gentenaire
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I have no idea who Miley is but I think that's a beautiful picture.

It's a bare back, what's the big deal?

saint2
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I have no idea who is she...That photo looks pretty normal to me. If she (or her parents, if shes 15 like it says) allowed to take that photography, then I dont see a big deal here...

Stamp Paid
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I thought the pic was cute!

RVD
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I realized just last night, while watching a small portion of the news that this was a big deal.
Most of the people interviewed (average common folks, and some celebrities) thought it was a bit
provocative. Those few that were not taken aback didn't outright support the photos, but
stated that, "...they wouldn't have done it but if she felt comfortable with it, then...." :shrug:

15 years old is still too young for such a photo as this, but that's just me.
I have an 11 year old daughter, so I view this from a specific frame of reference.

Oh well, just wanted to hear opinions on this, so thanks.

P.S.
Thank you to the posters who didn't open with an unwarranted attack, or uncalled for criticism. :wavey:

gentenaire
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I think it's the whole controversy that has turned the picture into something sexual, not the picture itself. To me, the picture doesn't come across as sexual at all, in fact, I think the girl looks really innocent.

IceHock
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
their worried that because this girl is so big and a huge influence on little kids that they think she's gunna end up like brittany, lindsay, and paris, so every little thing she does that might be provocative, their gunna be harsh on her

RVD
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
their worried that because this girl is so big and a huge influence on little kids that they think she's gunna end up like brittany, lindsay, and paris, so every little thing she does that might be provocative, their gunna be harsh on herMy worry is that other kids who adore her, follow her lead, and admire her choices will somehow see this as the route that they should also take to get attention.
Since I work with kids a lot, I see how they can have a myopic (sexual) view of the world...because they themselves are just now learning about their own bodies (and mind)...how this can be a confusing time. And these pics don't really help them choose in this regard.

Again, my 11 year old is going through this at the present.
Kids at her school are wondering why she hasn't had sex yet; why she covers her body so much; doesn't have a boyfriend, or why she doesn't wear make-up.

My frame of reference is just different because of her, and the peer pressure she's enduring.

Infiniti2001
Apr 30th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I think it's the whole controversy that has turned the picture into something sexual, not the picture itself. To me, the picture doesn't come across as sexual at all, in fact, I think the girl looks really innocent.

I thought there was something wrong with me, since I feel the same :shrug: And to all those worried about role models-- it is time parents take an active role in the lives of their young girls. Sit your girls down and explain the difference between Hannah Montana (girl on t.v.) and Miley Cyrus (girl who is a real person with real feelings and would like to get away from the character she plays sometimes) to them :help:

RVD
Apr 30th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I thought there was something wrong with me, since I feel the same :shrug: And to all those worried about role models-- it is time parents take an active role in the lives of their young girls. Sit your girls down and explain the difference between Hannah Montana (girl on t.v.) and Miley Cyrus (girl who is a real person with real feelings and would like to get away from the character she plays sometimes) to them :help:Yeah. This is true... for the most part.

However, many kids are not mentally capable, or strong enough, to go against the grain (peer pressure). I wish they were.
Also, self-esteem plays a big part in this as well. Talk to any child psychiatrist and they'll say the same; which is, instilling self-esteem is a continual, not-stop process. While at the same time, these kids are catching hell from the other end because of the number of hours they spend in school under that thumb of peer pressure.

My daughter is a straight A student, and a Blue-Black Belt in Kung-Fu, and she still catches hell, to the extent that she has to sometimes get physical during school time.

I can understand the P.O.V. that some believe that this isn't that big of a deal. But if you are a parent, it is different, because you are actually in-the-mix experiencing it on a daily basis with your child. Anyway, it's just an opinion, but the choice Miley Cyrus made was her's and her dad's. :shrug: And I've already had my talk with my daughter about that 'choice'.

mirzalover
Apr 30th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I still think peoplle or blowing it up for no reason at all. If they are so concerned about what message the pictures send, then why the hell are they on every TV, internet homepage, etc. As far as influencing young girls to do bad things, what are they going to do from this picture? Drink some fruit punch to make their lips red, find a nice piece of material and wrap it around them, hunch over and start posing in the middle of class? I know peer pressure is a big deal but I feel like some people go way out of their way to make simple things that arent that serious, into a big deal. I mean Bill O'Riley talked about this, Bill fucking O'Riley.

Wannabeknowitall
May 1st, 2008, 12:05 AM
I realized just last night, while watching a small portion of the news that this was a big deal.
Most of the people interviewed (average common folks, and some celebrities) thought it was a bit
provocative. Those few that were not taken aback didn't outright support the photos, but
stated that, "...they wouldn't have done it but if she felt comfortable with it, then...." :shrug:

15 years old is still too young for such a photo as this, but that's just me.
I have an 11 year old daughter, so I view this from a specific frame of reference.

Oh well, just wanted to hear opinions on this, so thanks.

P.S.
Thank you to the posters who didn't open with an unwarranted attack, or uncalled for criticism. :wavey:

Uncalled for criticism.
You have no proof that this girl is going to have a meltdown but that didn't stop your ass from using the words her meltdown is inevitable.
That is not an opinion.
You are making someting a fact on pure fiction and rumors.
That makes you the problem because you're doing the media's work.
They have nothig better to do than to make a story out of something that isn't a story.
if you weren't so dense you would see that.

What proof do you have that her meltdown is inevitable?
I gave you examples that it's not, what proof do you have that it is.
Absolutely none. It's a nasty shady ass comment something I would expect from the likes of you.

If you really had an issue with someone like Miley then the other girls I brought who have done much worse than Miley should be questioned but they're not.

You are never going to find that perfect role model that your girl can grow up with.
She's human.

Expat
May 1st, 2008, 12:19 AM
Kids at her school are wondering why she hasn't had sex yet; why she covers her body so much; doesn't have a boyfriend, or why she doesn't wear make-up.

:eek: at age 11
american children are growing up a lot quicker than i imagined

Wannabeknowitall
May 1st, 2008, 12:34 AM
their worried that because this girl is so big and a huge influence on little kids that they think she's gunna end up like brittany, lindsay, and paris, so every little thing she does that might be provocative, their gunna be harsh on her

Well there's a correlation of the three, their father wasn't a big factor in their lives unlike Miley Cyrus whose father is there most of the time making decisions with her and even when he's not he has been able to trust her with doing the right thing.

This is a man whose been there done that.
He knows what can happen to his daughter because it happened to him and he was strong willed enough with the power of God to deal with the obstacles in his life and from it he's become a better man, a good role model, and a good parent.

So if someone is so paranoid as a parent that they feel that they haven't put in the right morals into a child to deal with peer pressure, then that's the problem of the parent, not the child.
Because there are or were some of us that know and did the right things.

I have never done drugs. I didn't have sex until I was 18 (I guess I could have waited until I was married but since I'm gay...yeah). I didn't join a gang.
I'm not trying to tell someone how to parent their child but at the same time a person has to trust their child at some point.

Warrior
May 1st, 2008, 12:36 AM

If your kid is going through this, then this photo the least of your worries.

Warrior
May 1st, 2008, 12:44 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNhMExuWQMk :devil:

Wannabeknowitall
May 1st, 2008, 12:51 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNhMExuWQMk :devil:

:haha:
That's how some people are acting like it really was.

RVD
May 1st, 2008, 01:18 AM
:eek: at age 11
american children are growing up a lot quicker than i imaginedYeah, it's really amazing, but these kids are having sex at the elementary school level. :eek:

mirzalover
May 1st, 2008, 01:23 AM
I cant even remember if I ever got mine up in elementary school, I dont even think I knew what it was for back then.

Expat
May 1st, 2008, 01:28 AM
If your kid is going through this, then this photo the least of your worries.

Yeah, it's really amazing, but these kids are having sex at the elementary school level. :eek:
i knew some kids were having sex at 11
i didnt think that it was the norm to have sex at 11
i thought most children were at least waiting till 14 to 16
is there any time difference between first base and fourth base anymore
i didnt even hit puberty till 13

RVD
May 1st, 2008, 01:35 AM
If your kid is going through this, then this photo the least of your worries.:lol: She's doing okay, considering. She's had to get physical (fight off) a small number of girls and boys who where badgering her. But they understand where she's coming from now. :cool:

It's not just the image of a half-naked 15 year old, but the message it sends as well.
There was a teacher at her current school who was brought up on charges of child pornography, 2 years ago. Some of the images were similar to Miley's (which I would admit are fairly sedate). But it's the message more than anything else that's being missed here.
Many of these kids, at this stage in their growth, are easily pressured to do things that they don’t want to do, and that they’ve been taught not to do.

Kids are not great at handling sexual pressure.
Some even believe that it’s okay to engage in intercourse at this stage because they see various media images on it, or have access to internet porn (so they are curious).

I completely agree that parents should get involved and stay involved. But for many parents, it’s not so easy when they are both out working hard, or if you are a single parent (of which there are a great number).

RVD
May 1st, 2008, 01:43 AM
I cant even remember if I ever got mine up in elementary school, I dont even think I knew what it was for back then.:lol: Some kids mature faster than others. ;) Surely, you've heard of 9 year olds having babies? That's a fairly mature body for the age. Some boys mature just as fast what with all the hormone-infused foods they eat nowadays.
Ever notice how much bigger, hairier, and fuller these elementary and middle school kids look now? Yet mentally, I have to wonder if they've grown as much.

mirzalover
May 1st, 2008, 01:58 AM
:lol: Some kids mature faster than others. ;) Surely, you've heard of 9 year olds having babies? That's a fairly mature body for the age. Some boys mature just as fast what with all the hormone-infused foods they eat nowadays.
Ever notice how much bigger, hairier, and fuller these elementary and middle school kids look now? Yet mentally, I have to wonder if they've grown as much.

I mean Elementary school is like what grade 1-3, I'm not sure I went to a school were once you got to 4th grade you went to another school then at 6 grade you went to middle school. I can remember people doing some funky stuff at around end of 4th and beginning of 5th. I remember the 1st time I cursed was in 6th grade(11) and it was pretty much because all of my friends were doing it. It was weird cause 5th grade no one cursed then I came back from summer and the next thing I know, ass, bitch, and fuck this.:lol:

Edward.
May 1st, 2008, 03:14 AM
Hannah Montana and High School Musical are so fucking annoying.

Are kids nowadays so brainless they actually put up with and enjoy this unmitigated crap?

RVD
May 1st, 2008, 03:17 AM
I mean Elementary school is like what grade 1-3, I'm not sure I went to a school were once you got to 4th grade you went to another school then at 6 grade you went to middle school. I can remember people doing some funky stuff at around end of 4th and beginning of 5th. I remember the 1st time I cursed was in 6th grade(11) and it was pretty much because all of my friends were doing it. It was weird cause 5th grade no one cursed then I came back from summer and the next thing I know, ass, bitch, and fuck this.:lol:Elementary school here in California (Bay Area) is K - 5th (and sometimes 6th, depending on the school).
I know that the private schools were K - 6 when I attended.

:lol: Yeah, I recall learning to curse. :lol:
It took me a while because my family was so religious. :scared:
Okay, well, maybe not that religious...but enough to get our butts whipped and the Bible whipped out if we got caught.

RVD
May 1st, 2008, 03:40 AM
Hannah Montana and High School Musical are so fucking annoying.

Are kids nowadays so brainless they actually put up with and enjoy this unmitigated crap?Here on the West Coast, when that Miley Cyrus concert film opened, these kids went freak'n nuts! It sold out constantly, so they extended the showing.

Heck, these mothers & daughters out here were raving about High School Musical so much, that I decided to check it out for myself.
To say that I was less than impressed is an understatement.
But that Hollywood ‘feel-good’ stuff sells. :shrug:

gentenaire
May 1st, 2008, 06:34 AM
Yeah, it's really amazing, but these kids are having sex at the elementary school level. :eek:

It's not because these kids claim that they're having sex that they actually are. It's a subject many kids lie about because they think it makes them look cool.

RVD
May 1st, 2008, 07:28 AM
It's not because these kids claim that they're having sex that they actually are. It's a subject many kids lie about because they think it makes them look cool.Sorry to say that they are not lying. And there are condoms scattered around as proof.
Here's a fact that should scare the living daylights out of people.
A couple of years ago, I posted that a 4th grader was giving BJs to some of her classmates.
A few of the teachers then informed me that she was caught at a local high school servicing some student there.
Last year, a few other girls (one of which was a classmate of my daughter's) was caught making a date to give another kid a BJ, in the classroom.
I don't know how it is everywhere else, but where I live is considered an upper class neighborhood that resembles the 50s. They are noted for having great schools, which is why we moved here. But having seen how things have changed, we're now considering another location.

Anyway, the point is that these kids are not lying.
They are having sex at a very young age.

The kicker is, that they don’t consider a BJ sex. Go figure.