PDA

View Full Version : Clemens had relationship with Mindy McCready

mykarma
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:05 PM
http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/nws/p/ap_logo_106.png

Roger Clemens had a decade-long relationship with country star Mindy McCready that began when she was a 15-year-old aspiring singer and the pitcher was a Boston Red Sox ace, the Daily News reported.

Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, confirmed a long-term relationship but told the newspaper it was not sexual.
"He flatly denies having had any kind of an inappropriate relationship with her," Hardin said. "He's considered her a close family friend. ... He has never had a sexual relationship with her."

Clemens was 28 and a married father of two when he first met McCready, the newspaper reported.
The story, which appeared on the newspaper's Web site Sunday night and in editions Monday, quoted several people who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the situation. It said Clemens sent cash to McCready to help her with legal issues and reached out to her when she was in jail last year in Tennessee.

The 32-year-old McCready, sentenced last September for violating probation from a 2004 drug arrest, was released from jail last Dec. 30. The violation occurred in July when McCready was accused of scuffling with her mother and resisting arrest at her mother's home in Fort Myers, Fla. She still must serve two years' probation.

McCready had a No. 1 single in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time."
The revelation could undermine Clemens' reputation, which is central to the defamation suit the former pitcher has filed against former personal trainer Brian McNamee. McNamee contends Clemens used performance-enhancing substances during his major league career.

"If true, it's just another example of Roger's pervasive prevarications which will be at the core of any defamation case," said McNamee's attorney, Richard Emery, in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

Hardin did not respond immediately to an e-mail from the AP.

http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=NrK8KdG_Rt3oK4uoRZQ_ogz2YhqBaEgV8XMAA.U5&T=19ht0bv3p%2fX%3d1209397619%2fE%3d46079015%2fR%3d news%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1 832967170%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PS JpdDtJdDtoZWxwO2RydWc7aG9tZTtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c195YWhv b19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX25ld3NfeWFob29fY29tIi B0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d7A46BFD1&U=129th2nnn%2fN%3dq_2dENG_fys-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dFSRVY%2fB%3d-1 http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=NrK8KdG_Rt3oK4uoRZQ_ogz2YhqBaEgV8XMAA.U5&T=19hbsaf1u%2fX%3d1209397619%2fE%3d46079015%2fR%3d news%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d1 352221484%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PS JpdDtJdDtoZWxwO2RydWc7aG9tZTtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c195YWhv b19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX25ld3NfeWFob29fY29tIi B0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d7A46BFD1&U=127o54ln6%2fN%3drf2dENG_fys-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dSIP%2fB%3d-1 http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=NrK8KdG_Rt3oK4uoRZQ_ogz2YhqBaEgV8XMAA.U5&T=19h11isrs%2fX%3d1209397619%2fE%3d46079015%2fR%3d news%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d2 662337728%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PS JpdDtJdDtoZWxwO2RydWc7aG9tZTtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c195YWhv b19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX25ld3NfeWFob29fY29tIi B0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d7A46BFD1&U=1271r6i9j%2fN%3drP2dENG_fys-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dRMP%2fB%3d-1 http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=NrK8KdG_Rt3oK4uoRZQ_ogz2YhqBaEgV8XMAA.U5&T=19hdipbaa%2fX%3d1209397619%2fE%3d46079015%2fR%3d news%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d3 757196154%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PS JpdDtJdDtoZWxwO2RydWc7aG9tZTtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c195YWhv b19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX25ld3NfeWFob29fY29tIi B0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d7A46BFD1&U=1281a6qnn%2fN%3drv2dENG_fys-%2fC%3d-1%2fD%3dSIPR%2fB%3d-1http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=NrK8KdG_Rt3oK4uoRZQ_ogz2YhqBaEgV8XMAA.U5&T=19hl6fqqt%2fX%3d1209397619%2fE%3d46079015%2fR%3d news%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d2.1%2fW%3dH%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d3 073813846%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PS JpdDtJdDtoZWxwO2RydWc7aG9tZTtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c195YWhv b19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX25ld3NfeWFob29fY29tIi B0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d7A46BFD1&U=139h3vlt1%2fN%3dqf2dENG_fys-%2fC%3d224039.1983420.3465435.1919853%2fD%3dFOOT%2 fB%3d1030392

http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=NrK8KdG_Rt3oK4uoRZQ_ogz2YhqBaEgV8XMAA.U5&T=19ges5jd3%2fX%3d1209397619%2fE%3d46079015%2fR%3d news%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d3.1%2fW%3dJ%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d4 00804962%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJ pdDtJdDtoZWxwO2RydWc7aG9tZTtyZWZ1cmxfbmV3c195YWhvb 19jb20iIHJlZnVybD0icmVmdXJsX25ld3NfeWFob29fY29tIiB 0b3BpY3M9InJlZnVybF9uZXdzX3lhaG9vX2NvbSI-%2fQ%3d-1%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d7A46BFD1

doni1212
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Wow, that's crazy. I find it hard to believe that it wasn't a sexual relationship. *Cough, Cough, Bill Clinton, Cough, Cough* :lol:

samsung101
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Jose Canseco said Clemens was the only guy he ever played with who did not have
affairs, cheat on his wife, etc. in baseball.

Also, the McNamee lawsuit is part of this.

Who knows.

Clemens is a Class A jerk.
Ask Mike Piazaa.

Anything is possible.

But, I also think Mindy is trying to make a musical comeback.
This would get her name in the news all over again.
She's been involved with drugs, booze, arrests, for many
years.

Roger, see what you get for being a successful jerk for so many
years? A lot of payback, some real, some fake, but, who cares.
People dislike you. Now, they really distrust you from your
horrible testimony to Congress.

I'm more inclined to back Clemens on this, having kept up a bit
with the terrible history Mindy has had with the law and drugs.

Pureracket
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Is Mindy McCready a "star?" We need another congressional investigation about all this.

mykarma
Apr 28th, 2008, 06:15 PM

Who knows.

Ask Mike Piazaa.

Anything is possible.

But, I also think Mindy is trying to make a musical comeback.
This would get her name in the news all over again.
She's been involved with drugs, booze, arrests, for many
years.

Roger, see what you get for being a successful jerk for so many
years? A lot of payback, some real, some fake, but, who cares.
People dislike you. Now, they really distrust you from your
horrible testimony to Congress.

I'm more inclined to back Clemens on this, having kept up a bit
with the terrible history Mindy has had with the law and drugs.
As though Jose Canseco is a credible source plus all men don't paly and tell. Anyhow, even though I don't care for Roger I really hope he isn't a pedophile.

Black Mamba.
Apr 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
He probably misremembered

mykarma
Apr 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
He probably misremembered
:lol:

*JR*
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:04 PM
It said Clemens sent cash to McCready to help her with legal issues and reached out to her when she was in jail last year in Tennessee. The 32-year-old McCready, sentenced last September for violating probation from a 2004 drug arrest, was released from jail last Dec. 30.
OMFG. :lol: Who'd have thunk it? The Rocket is helping someone else on drug related charges. :tape:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM

Who knows.

Ask Mike Piazaa.

Anything is possible.

So my options are to either to:

1) Believe another jerk in Jose Canseco who has some basis of truth when it comes to steroids but lives in his own fantasy world.

2) Believe Mike Piazaa who can't even keep his shit in the closet (and I still find his interaction with James Blake interesting, as soon as Mikey left the Mets, James became a Yankees fan).

3) Believe Mindy who waited until she was at her worse for this info to "leak".

4) Or believe Roger Clemens himself.

I don't even care anymore.

tenn_ace
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:24 PM
allegedly they had relationship since she was 15 :eek:

spartanfan
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Come on people. Why else would a grown ass married man with 2 kids have a relationship with a 15 year old girl that's he's not related to? It was for the tite pussy. It aint astrophysics people.

mykarma
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:31 PM
OMFG. :lol: Who'd have thunk it? The Rocket is helping someone else on drug related charges. :tape:

Only you, JR, only you.

:rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls::rolls:

mykarma
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Come on people. Why else would a grown ass married man with 2 kids have a relationship with a 15 year old girl that's he's not related to? It was for the tite pussy. It aint astrophysics people.

:tape: :lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Come on people. Why else would a grown ass married man with 2 kids have a relationship with a 15 year old girl that's he's not related to?

Mentoring?
You act like athletes have no interests besides their own sport.

They're trying to find the next big thing just like everyone else.
So Clemens probably was 5 years too early when it came to picking the right artist (LeAnn Rimes).

That's just reverse sexism, no married man can be around a child that isn't his?

There's no proof unlike someone else who has molested children since 1991 time and time again and has a trial in 11 days.

Meesh
Apr 28th, 2008, 11:02 PM
:lol: "several people who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the situation"
sensitive source = pissed off McNamee

plantman
Apr 29th, 2008, 01:19 AM
Is Mindy McCready a "star?" We need another congressional investigation about all this.

She was a star my friend....hopefully she can make it back and put her demons to rest once and for all!

Mindy McCready (born Malinda Gayle McCready, November 30, 1975, Fort Myers, Florida) is an American country music artist. Active since 1996, she has recorded a total of four studio albums, and has charted more than ten singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, including the Number One hit "Guys Do It All the Time" and the Top Ten hits "Ten Thousand Angels" and "A Girl's Gotta Do (What a Girl's Gotta Do)". Although she has not charted a single since 2002, McCready has received significant media coverage regarding personal events in her life.

McCready began singing in church at age 3, She graduated from high school at the age of 16 with the intention of beginning her music career early.

When she was 18, she moved to Nashville, where she was signed by BNA Records. Her debut album, Ten Thousand Angels, was released on April 30, 1996, and was certified gold six months later. The album gave her international fame and produced her two biggest hits, "Ten Thousand Angels" and "Guys Do It All The Time". McCready also appears with Lorrie Morgan, Sara Evans, and Martina McBride on CMT's Girl’s Night Out special. Mindy then released the next year "If I Don't Stay The Night." It spawned 3 singles, "What If I Do", "Other Side Of This Kiss", and "You'll Never Know." Overseas "O Romeo" was released. None were very successful. Still the album sold over 500,000 copies, and went Gold. In 1999 McCready released "I'm Not So Tough." The first single released was "All I Want Is Everything." When it failed to break the top 50, BNA Records and Mindy went separate ways, said to be over creative differences. After the split the album received little promotion and became a commercial failure.

In April of 2000, she was signed by Capitol Records. She released a self-titled album with Capitol in 2002 to disappointing sales, and was dropped by Capitol later that year.

McCready was once engaged to actor Dean Cain. In 2005 she appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show and spoke of her problems with domestic abuse, depression, and drug abuse. Mindy McCready admitted her ex-boyfriend Billy McKnight had beat her frequently and they had a tumultuous relationship, and that she had tried to commit suicide. She also revealed that she had seen her ex-boyfriend Billy McKnight recently and that she needs help. Her father was on the show and said that she is often in denial about her problems and that he wanted her to get help and supported her. She also spoke of how growing up her mother wasn't very loving and encouraging and as a result McCready suffers from poor self-esteem. She is now known mostly for her trouble with the law. Talking to Oprah Winfrey, McCready hoped that her story would encourage and help others, even if it's only one girl in the world. "You know what we're all hoping?" Oprah said to Mindy. "That you are that girl."

Mindy gave birth to son Zander Ryan McCready on March 25, 2006.

samsung101
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Roger, it ain't looking good.

While Mindy is a person of questionable character, drugs, the law, booze,
fall from grace in the music business, etc., you aren't exactly Abraham
Lincoln in the honesty department these days buddy.

You are not someone people automatically give the benefit of the doubt
anymore.

Sad to say.

If it is true, you should have gone to prison for child molesting.
15? Come on, you're on the road all those years, slump busters all over
each hotel in each city. You pick up a family friend of 15? Nice.

However, since she has a putrid reputation going back many years, and
she is trying to stage a 'comeback', or write a book, I question all
of this myself. She isn't saying anything outright, just adding to the
fire. So, I'll still hold out that 2% of doubt you get.

Mrs. Clemens, sorry, the guy may be a good father, great pitcher,
and maybe he was a good hubby 90% of the time...but, he threw you under
the bus before Congress. Maybe this story is true too. If so, I'd
start those divorce proceedings. Old Roger has a messiah complex, he
presumes anything he does or says is true, right, and therefore, just
is...even if it's a lie.

Roger, say it ain't true. But, will we believe you if you do?

Senator Craig says he isn't gay.
You're right up there in that 'trust' category.

samsung101
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:40 PM
The NY Post story today states her own father confirms that
-they had a relationship,
-it did not begin until she was over 18, and had broken up
with actor Dean Cain, so more like 19,
-she was a family friend of the entire Clemens family,
(nice way to say thanks to them),
-she is planning a book, reality show, and music comeback.

Ka ching.
All about the money.

I'm a skank.
Please pay me now.

Nice your father likes to talk about
the fact you were a skank, and cheated on
a family friend, with her husband. Too bad
the husband is a pig, and jumped right in to
cheat w/you. Good stuff.

Roger is a jerk if all of this is true.
People really stood up for him.
For what?
For this.
I figure most pro male athletes cheat on their wives and
girlfriends, it's tough to see them not doing this on the
road, with all the women throwing themselves at them in
each city. But, still, Roger, you held yourself up as
a different kind of guy all the time. You're not. You're
turning out to be a liar, a pig, and a jerk. That's a trifecta.

samsung101
Apr 29th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Having read a little more, it seems old Roger may have trouble with the IRS
(say hello to Wesley Snipes), for giving skanky Mindy lots of cash over the
past few years.

Albeit, he did so, by her own 'sources' to the NY Daily News, to help her out
with her legal and drug problems. Nice of you Roger. That will get you
3 years in prison coming up. How did you write off $25K, $50K, at a time to her
in your returns?

It is also now pretty clear, any sexual relationship, did not take place until
she was after 18, so he's in the clear w/that it seems. Schwew...you're doing
good w/that one area out of the cheating on your wife and kids, and the IRS
proble to be.

Roger, you should have just done what Andy Petite did.
Look at Andy, still on the team, still liked, still married.

As Mrs. Clemens is calling the best Hollywood divorce lawyer in town today.

spartanfan
Apr 29th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Mentoring?
You act like athletes have no interests besides their own sport.

They're trying to find the next big thing just like everyone else.
So Clemens probably was 5 years too early when it came to picking the right artist (LeAnn Rimes).

That's just reverse sexism, no married man can be around a child that isn't his?

There's no proof unlike someone else who has molested children since 1991 time and time again and has a trial in 11 days.

You were saying Mr. Naive??
Mindy McCready Admits to Relationship with Roger Clemens

By Eileen Finan
Originally posted Tuesday April 29, 2008 01:00 PM EDT

Roger Clemens; Mindy McCready Photo by: Richard Carson / Reuters / Landov; John Russell / APhttp://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/news/080512/roger_clemens.jpgA tearful Mindy McCready confirmed to the New York Daily News that she carried on a longterm affair with Yankee star pitcher Roger Clemens.

“I cannot refute anything in the story,” the country singer says of reports that she met Clemens in 1990 when she was 15 years old and singing in a karaoke contest at a Florida bar.

Clemens, then with the Boston Red Sox, was 28 and a married father of two at the time.

"Yes, I have known Roger Clemens for a long time," McCready told the paper in a prepared statement. "He's a kind and caring man.”

McCready's father, Tim McCready, told the New York Post that his daughter's relationship with the baseball star didn't turn physical until years after their first meeting, when Mindy's engagement to Lois & Clark actor Dean Cain broke off in 1998. He says their affair was an "on again, off again thing" he also describes star pitcher Clemens as a "gentleman".

A music insider tells PEOPLE he recalls meeting Clemens with McCready, 32, at the Peninsula Hotel Bar in New York City about 13 years ago. Bumping into Clemens recently, the insider recounted that meeting and the Yankee pitcher replied, "Oh yeah, I remember that."

Clemens's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, confirmed a longterm relationship to the New York Post but said it was not sexual or "inappropriate."

Legal Implications

Clemens, who is currently under investigation for perjury for allegedly lying about his use of performance-enhancing drugs, had earlier filed a defamation suit against his former personal trainer Brian McNamee and the affair allegations could be a complicating factor.

McNamee's lawyer, Richard Emery, told the Daily News that revelations of the affair would have an impact on that case because they influence the baseball star's claim that his reputation was damaged.

"If the case heads to trial and is not dismissed, as we feel it should be, we will be calling [McCready] as a witness," Emery said.

This isn't the first round of high-profile drama for McCready either.

In 2005, she was hospitalized after an apparent suicide attempt; her boyfriend William McKnight was charged with attempted criminal homicide when he attacked McCready at her Nashville home; and in 2007, she was sentenced to jail time for violating probation from a 2004 drug arrest.

Upon her release from jail in January, McCready, who is working on several new projects including a documentary, a new album and a reality show, said in a statement:

“I am very fortunate to have been presented a number of great opportunities to do my best to take advantage of. What I am going to do now is put my head down and do my very best to make the most of those opportunities. Just as soon as I have something to talk to the world about I would love to share it.”

• Reporting by KAY WEST

Like this story? Click on the Yahoo Buzz! button below to Buzz it up!