PDA

View Full Version : 'Brothers & Sisters' and 'Ugly Betty' Reign Over GLAAD Awards

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hit TV shows Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty repeated their success at the 2008 Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation Media Awards on Saturday by scooping the same top awards as last year. Brothers & Sisters, which stars Sally Field and Calista Flockhart, won the prize for Outstanding Drama Series, while the America Ferrera-starring Ugly Betty was named Outstanding Comedy Series for the second consecutive year. R&B superstar Janet Jackson received the Vanguard Award in recognition of her efforts to promote equal rights, and singer Rufus Wainwright was presented with the Stephen F. Kolzak Award. Meanwhile, comedienne Kathy Griffin won the award for Outstanding Reality Program for her TV show My Life On The D-List. The 19th annual GLAAD Awards, which took place at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre, honor individuals and projects in the media for their representations of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

mandy7
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I dunno why South of nowhere wasn't nominated,
or maybe it was...
anyways it should have won :p
:tape:

Kworb
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Torchwood should've swept all the available awards.

Destiny
Apr 28th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Brothers & Sisters and Ugly Betty :rocker2:

njnetswill
Apr 28th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Torchwood should've swept all the available awards.

It airs here on BBC America, but I don't think most Americans know about it. ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 29th, 2008, 01:14 AM
It airs here on BBC America, but I don't think most Americans know about it. ;)

Yeah, the GLAADs are all about US based entertainment :bounce:.

mandy7
Apr 29th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Yeah, the GLAADs are all about US based entertainment :bounce:.
so south of nowhere should have won :p
or at least mandy musgrave :drool: