PDA

View Full Version : Divas Live Mariah Told NOT to hit high notes

CoolDude7
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I never knew. Just proves that she actually can hit those notes at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDS_17FOpYs

It's funny :lol:

Destiny
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:40 PM
:lol:

Destiny
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:42 PM
But at the end they were hugging

Sweet would love to have seen her say it:devil:

CoolDude7
Apr 27th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Yeah, it would've been so funny to see it happen.

Pureracket
Apr 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Funny how her breasts look nothing like that now.

Destiny
Apr 27th, 2008, 07:31 PM
^^^ They grew very well i guess :lol:

Great development :)

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM
:haha:

spartanfan
Apr 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Diana took that song to Number 1 long before Mariah was even born, I think she has a right to dictate how it should be sung during her tribute.

CoolDude7
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Diana took that song to Number 1 long before Mariah was even born, I think she has a right to dictate how it should be sung during her tribute.

Mariah isn't as young as some of you think. She was indeed born in 1969. The song came out in 70 I believe. She isn't 12 like she says in her interviews.

spartanfan
Apr 27th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Mariah isn't as young as some of you think. She was indeed born in 1969. The song came out in 70 I believe. She isn't 12 like she says in her interviews.
I thought Mariah was born in like 71 or 72. Who knew she was so close to being 40.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 27th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Diana is a control freak and there's a reason she hasn't won a grammy.
To me she's never really thought outside of the box, can't deny she was a significant figure of her time and that she does the best rendition of God Bless America though.

spartanfan
Apr 28th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Diana is a control freak and there's a reason she hasn't won a grammy.
To me she's never really thought outside of the box, can't deny she was a significant figure of her time and that she does the best rendition of God Bless America though.
Grammys don't mean a thing. Milli Vanilli anyone? There are plenty of artist and groups who have won grammys but would turn it in for a 45+year long international career like Diana Ross has had. She is an icon. The career she has had as a member of the Supremes and as a solo artist can't be dimmed by not having won a grammy.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 28th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Grammys don't mean a thing. Milli Vanilli anyone? There are plenty of artist and groups who have won grammys but would turn it in for a 45+year long international career like Diana Ross has had. She is an icon. The career she has had as a member of the Supremes and as a solo artist can't be dimmed by not having won a grammy.

Yeah. They don't mean anything but this whole board was in a uproar when Amy Winehouse didn't get one for a specific category or Mariah only has a certain amount etc.

:yawn:
Icon in her head. Diva sure.
If there's one annoying thing more than a Beyonce ****, it's a Diana Ross ****.

You can see her as an Icon.
I just see her a Barry Gordy fucker who used shady marketing strategies to fuck over other black artist and whoever she thought could be potentially be a threat.
That's not something to praise.

spartanfan
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Yeah. They don't mean anything but this whole board was in a uproar when Amy Winehouse didn't get one for a specific category or Mariah only has a certain amount etc.

Icon in her head. Diva sure.
If there's one annoying thing more than a Beyonce ****, it's a Diana Ross ****.
You can see her as an Icon.
I just see her a Barry Gordy fucker who used shady marketing strategies to fuck over other black artist and whoever she thought could be potentially be a threat.That's not something to praise.
Wow. So much hatred for someone you don't even know personally and misinformed about her career. Diana Ross is an international music icon, her music is still listened to and studied to this day after having her first #1 hit over 44 years ago. Her accomplishments are still being honored and recognized, just last year she receive the Kennedy Center Honor. Regardless of how you view her, she is a musical treasure and icon. Mariah Carey was on that Divas Live for a reason: to honor the legend that is Diana Ross.
And for the record and to further educate your dumb ass, it's BERRY Gordy. dumb ass.

Apoleb
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Wow. So much hatred for someone you don't even know personally and misinformed about her career. Diana Ross is an international music icon, her music is still listened to and studied to this day after having her first #1 hit over 44 years ago. Her accomplishments are still being honored and recognized, just last year she receive the Kennedy Center Honor. Regardless of how you view her, she is a musical treasure and icon. Mariah Carey was on that Divas Live for a reason: to honor the legend that is Diana Ross.
And for the record and to further educate your dumb ass, it's BERRY Gordy. dumb ass.

:rolls:

Don't get too upset about what Wannabetotalfool says. Hardly anyone takes him seriously here except donnydarko, mykarma and Pureracket.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:55 AM

Misinformed?
Yes so Diana didn't know that Sylvester with Two Tons o' Fun had out Upside Down on the radio months before her?
Bullshyt.
Artist shouldn't have to do that IMO to stay relevant.

She's a washed up diva who hasn't had a hit in the US in almost 20years.
Whose biggest action in the last 10 years is fondling Lil Kim's tits.
You want an icon, try a women two years older than her who still is relevant, Aretha Franklin.

A women who doesn't have to request younger divas to hold back for her because even if you try it she'll still have the last word.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 28th, 2008, 02:00 AM

Don't get too upset about what Wannabetotalfool says. Hardly anyone takes him seriously here except donnydarko, mykarma and Pureracket.

Pot calling the kettle black.
What have you said in the last 3 months that makes you think anyone takes you anymore seriously on here (as if I even care in the first place)?

:lol:

spartanfan
Apr 28th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Misinformed?
Yes so Diana didn't know that Sylvester with Two Tons o' Fun had out Upside Down on the radio months before her?
Bullshyt.
Artist shouldn't have to do that IMO to stay relevant.

She's a washed up diva who hasn't had a hit in the US in almost 20years.
Whose biggest action in the last 10 years is fondling Lil Kim's tits.
You want an icon, try a women two years older than her who still is relevant, Aretha Franklin.

A women who doesn't have to request younger divas to hold back for her because even if you try it she'll still have the last word.
Again, you need to brush up on your musical history Upside Down was written and produced for Diana Ross by Niles Rogers/Chic. And that song is just one of 18 songs that Diana Ross took to #1 as an artist (solo +lead singer of the Supremes). And speaking of relevance where is Sylvester and two tons of fun today? Exactly. And who cares when Diana Ross' last hit was, she a LEGEND and an ICON. Her musical career and accomplishments have made the history books. And when was the last time Aretha Franklin had a hit? Or for that matter: Patti L, Chaka K., Tina T., Gladys K. or Dionne W.,. All those ladies are legends in their own rights as well and don't need to be on any top 10 at this point in their careers to have legitimacy and neither does Diana Ross. And when Mariah has her own show in tribute to her than she can also tell all the other singers who will share the stage with her how she wants HER songs sang. What a dumb ass. But why am I arguing with an idiot? Good grief, be gone.

spartanfan
Apr 28th, 2008, 03:33 AM

Oh, I don't. He just reminds me of this ugly retarted kid from elementary school that you felt sorry for. But I think 'it' just has a problem with powerful and successful black women. First it was Oprah, and now it's Diana Ross. I think "it" must have mother issues or just wants to be a real girl.

Direwolf
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:32 PM
huh???