PDA

View Full Version : Benton County Inmate Says He's Not Getting Enough Food

Infiniti2001
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Man Files Suit After Weight Drops From 413 Pounds To 308 Pounds

http://images.townnews.com/nwaonline.net/content/articles/2008/04/25/news/042608fzcourtbrite_thumb.jpg

FAYETTEVILLE - A Benton County inmate claims he's wasted away from 413 pounds to 308 in the eight months he's been in jail and he's making a federal case out of it.

Broderick Lloyd Laswell filed a prisoner civil rights lawsuit, without a lawyer, Friday in U.S. District Court in Fayetteville. He claims the jail doesn't provide inmates with enough food.

"On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out," Laswell wrote in his complaint. "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again."

Laswell claims he's lost about a half-pound a day.

"If we are in a small pod all day do next to nothing for physical exercise we should not lose weight," according to Laswell. "The only reason we lost weight in here is because we are literally are being starved to death."

Laswell further complains the portion sizes vary.

"There are noticeable differences on the size of biscuits and cakes, as well as the sides," according to Laswell, who also wants hot meals to be served from the jail's kitchen.

The Benton County Jail has served only cold food for years. The meals, provided through Aramark Correctional Institution Services, average 3,000 calories a day, according to Jail Capt. Hunter Petray.

Lawyers for capital murder defendant Manuel Enrique Camacho, who has been awaiting trial for almost two years, complained to a judge recently that he has lost significant weight while in the jail, going from 155 pounds to 118.

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2008/04/25/news/042608fzcourtbrite.txt

:help: I bet people spending thousands on diets , would love to spend time in this prison :lol:

VivalaSeles
Apr 26th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Urgent news: you are in PRISON, not in a hotel.

hablo
Apr 26th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Un-be-lie-va-ble.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 26th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I can understand the inmate who says that he lost almost 40 pounds to about 118.

For this retard, a 3000 calorie diet is 600-800 calories more than the average 2200-2400 calorie diet.
This man probably needs 5000-6000 calories to sustain a 400 pound weight.

That's not healthy and he lost his privilege of eating like that once he went to jail.

Ellery
Apr 26th, 2008, 10:01 PM
He is just too fat in the first place, he should be happy he has the chance of losing weight in such a short time.

My thoughts exactly :tape:

pancake
Apr 26th, 2008, 10:01 PM
He is just too fat in the first place, he should be happy he has the chance of losing weight in such a short time.