PDA

View Full Version : I'm living the same.

Valou
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Hello to everybody !
My name is Valentin, a French niiiice boy, 17-year-old. i've never took part in the forum 'cause i did not get involved but i've been reading it for a lot of time. As you can imagine i am also, as much as you are, a big fan of Mary. Actually i've been following her matches since roland Garros 2005 when she made her big come-back, and i was like "omg"
From this moment on, i've been a big fan of tennis, playing all my week-ends with friends and starting tennis lessons. So, i had been spending plenty of time on the court during those 3 years, improving and improving.. and of course i've always supported Mary and so on (i can't forget the Masters in october 2005, the US open, her terrible injury at Linz...)
BUT, here is the matter of my thread, a month ago, on the 1st of April, i had the same injury : my anterior cruciate ligament of my right knee was torn when i fell back on the floor from a jump (playing volleyball)
The pain was so harsh, and then my leg was shaking for some seconds, whatever: horrible.. and yesterday i got the results of the MRI i passed a few days ago, and in addition to my ligaments, my meniscus has a big and rare lesion that is not sure to be "repaired"..
So i'm going to be operated on Monday ! i am starting to stress and being fed up of all that s**t, because i have not played any sport for already one month, that's really unbearable, and of course this reminds me of Mary and what i guess she lived.
So, the point of my message is also to ask for you something : if someone can see Mary training in some days or weeks, whatever, could he or she give her a letter from me to share my experience to her and of course to support her in her imminent return that i expect sooo much like all of you !
I found it interesting to post it, i don't know if it deserves a thread, but i had to share a bit of my pain.

So, if any french people can give me his/her address to send my letter, it would be very kind of him. =)
Thanks for reading ! :)
I hope my english is not so bad, and that Mary will return soon because wta tour is far too boring without her smile and forehand.

Valouuuu .

John A Roark
Apr 24th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hang in there...
I, too, tore my ACL playing Rugby for the Army team in 1987.
They never did get mine repaired, and tho' I can semi-sorta kinda jog on it, sports are out (Save boxing, which I was successful with for many years, since there's no running or strenuous legwork involved).

You speak only truth: without Mary, it's a bit pointless, eh? I haven't followed the game since she laid off, tho' I watch eagerly for any sign of her return.

Come back, Marie! We miss you...and we know you got one more push in you, babe.

Go, Mary Caroline, go!

Zehri98
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Hey Valou. Welcome to the board, shame to hear about your injury. Hope u get better soon. We can all use Mary for a bit of inspiration, she never gives up, no matter the circumstances. Good luck with everything and am sure if you post your letter here, someone will get it to her.

Lu_Weird
Apr 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
good luck valou...I am playing tennis too...but it's hard to imitate Mary's hiting way...:devil:

MPStylee
May 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
Come back, Marie! We miss you...and we know you got one more push in you, babe.

Go, Mary Caroline, go![/QUOTE]

Good call, John!!!

John A Roark
May 24th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Thanks, MP.
We miss her and I'm sure everyone will be watching the FO to see her commentary, eh?

Talk 'em up, babe--soon we know you'll be back to playin' 'em up!
We love ya, and especially me...

John