PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone of you have any pics of NYC?

DarkchildSwiss
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone,

my sister is currently doing a project for her study and therefore needs some pics of New York. Does anyone of you have any pics and could post them in this thread? You could also send me a PM and then I write you my E-mailadress so that you could send them as appendix.

Bye and thanks in advance.

DarkchildSwiss

kwilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Of anything in particular?

kwilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:22 PM
These are some of my favourite photos that I've taken in New York. You can access my entire through the gallery to see a lot more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/1021611951/in/set-72157601243373345/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/2239141662/in/set-72157601243373345/

DarkchildSwiss
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:23 PM
pics of the city life and the typically sightseeings (skyline of Manhattan) would be perfect. Thanks.

kwilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:24 PM
pics of the city life and the typically sightseeings (skyline of Manhattan) would be perfect. Thanks.

Okay, well if you look through the gallery there are definitely a couple of dozen photos that should suit the brief.

DarkchildSwiss
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM
These are some of my favourite photos that I've taken in New York. You can access my entire through the gallery to see a lot more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/1021611951/in/set-72157601243373345/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/2239141662/in/set-72157601243373345/

thanks for the fantastic pics. Is it okay for you that this pic will be used in the vid or presentation?

kwilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:44 PM
thanks for the fantastic pics. Is it okay for you that this pic will be used in the vid or presentation?

That'd be cool.

Sean.
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Wow those pics are amazing KWilliams, I would good rep you - but apparently I have to spread more around:rolleyes:

rrfnpump
Apr 24th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Some of my NYC pics from last september

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2007%20US%20Open/Miscelleanous/?start=all

Tennisballova
Apr 24th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Wow, great pics,KWilliams!! :worship:

kwilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Wow those pics are amazing KWilliams, I would good rep you - but apparently I have to spread more around:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's kind of annoying, isn't it? Thanks anyway! I don't really like New York, it's a bit boring for my tastes but it certainly photographs well.

kwilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Some of my NYC pics from last september

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m117/rrfnpump/2007%20US%20Open/Miscelleanous/?start=all

Great pics.

kwilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Wow, great pics,KWilliams!! :worship:

Thanks a mil.

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2008, 11:50 PM
That'd be cool.

Do you have a premium Flickr account? If so, what are your thoughts on paying that fee every year? I can't decide whether I should renew or not.

kwilliams
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Do you have a premium Flickr account? If so, what are your thoughts on paying that fee every year? I can't decide whether I should renew or not.

I do and I don't mind paying the fee. I've only been a member since last August so I've only had to pay it once but I've gotten great use out of it. I think I'll definitely renew it.

Tennisballova
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:14 AM

Here's a link to a small selection of my pics. I hope you can use them :D http://picasaweb.google.com/babs1803/NewYork

~{X}~
Apr 25th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Yeah, that's kind of annoying, isn't it? Thanks anyway! I don't really like New York, it's a bit boring for my tastes but it certainly photographs well.

And what would you find exciting? :o

Brett.
Apr 25th, 2008, 04:22 AM
I'll bump this thread when i come back in September! :p :worship:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 25th, 2008, 05:55 AM

NY is boring? :eek: Who were you hanging out with? I am a New Yorker who have been to many other cities and I'm sorry...You can call NY alot of thing...Just never boring :shrug:

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 25th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I'll bump this thread when i come back in September! :p :worship:

You are coming to NY? :scared:

~{X}~
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM
He is Cam, he is. :lol: I should tell him to stay in Brooklyn so you guys can catch up. ;)

Brett.
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:51 AM
You are coming to NY? :scared:

Yes, i am :p What are you afraid of? :p

Brett.
Apr 25th, 2008, 09:52 AM
He is Cam, he is. :lol: I should tell him to stay in Brooklyn so you guys can catch up. ;)

catch up for a coffee or walk around in New York City, that's cool. But, i don't do hook ups :lol:

VRee_Willario
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
My brother was in new york 2 weeks ago:cool:
I'd most like to go to Washington DC actually If I some day get to America:(

Brett.
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:18 AM
My brother was in new york 2 weeks ago:cool:
I'd most like to go to Washington DC actually If I some day get to America:(

I'm going there too :drool: 3 nights :D

VRee_Willario
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I'm going there too :drool: 3 nights :D

Good for you:D:cool: I'm jealous:lol:
Have lots of fun;)

Paule22
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:29 AM
http://img-a2.pe.imagevz.net/photo6/1a/08/17c1946d54505356bdb3a95f3578/1-9dc4216199ae8e198f3497d41b781e26.jpg
http://home.arcor.de/stamps/P7220069.JPG

kwilliams
Apr 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
And what would you find exciting? :o

NY is boring? :eek: Who were you hanging out with? I am a New Yorker who have been to many other cities and I'm sorry...You can call NY alot of thing...Just never boring :shrug:

I spent too long in New York the first time I went there. I was there for two weeks. I'm quite the avid tourist so I finished everything I wanted in a few days and I kinda had to re-do a few things so by the end it was a bit boring, just a bit. I enjoyed myself and the place but it definitely wasn't the best holiday I ever went on and I fell victim to my own expectations.

Rome, Berlin, Madrid and Vienna are my favourite places to visit.

~{X}~
Apr 25th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Did you just stay in Manhattan or did you go to all 5 boroughs? I find it hard to believe that you could finish everything there is to seein New York City, all 5 boroughs in just a few days. Hell there is enough in Manhattan to last a week. I've been to Vienna as well and I saw whatever I needed in 2 days. I always wanted to go to Rome though. :hearts:

kwilliams
Apr 25th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Did you just stay in Manhattan or did you go to all 5 boroughs? I find it hard to believe that you could finish everything there is to seein New York City, all 5 boroughs in just a few days. Hell there is enough in Manhattan to last a week. I've been to Vienna as well and I saw whatever I needed in 2 days. I always wanted to go to Rome though. :hearts:

No just Manhattan and Brooklyn but as I said I'm a really avid tourist so it didn't take me long to get around. I squeeze a lot into one day. Yeah I saw all of Vienna (except Schonnbrunn) in a day. Rome is AMAZING. Definitely my favourite place ever and there's tonnes to see there.

Cam'ron Giles
Apr 25th, 2008, 07:40 PM
No just Manhattan and Brooklyn but as I said I'm a really avid tourist so it didn't take me long to get around. I squeeze a lot into one day. Yeah I saw all of Vienna (except Schonnbrunn) in a day. Rome is AMAZING. Definitely my favourite place ever and there's tonnes to see there.

I'm curios what you are into because I just for the life of me cant imagine how anyone can be bored in NYC in a week. Are you into shows? Broadway alone should take you a week...Did you hit the night life? Are you only interested in daytime stuff? or are you just being the typical Euro snob?

kwilliams
Apr 25th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I'm curios what you are into because I just for the life of me cant imagine how anyone can be bored in NYC in a week. Are you into shows? Broadway alone should take you a week...Did you hit the night life? Are you only interested in daytime stuff? or are you just being the typical Euro snob?

That's not fair. If someone doesn't like New York it doesn't make them a snob. I know (or have known) plenty of Americans who don't like New York either. Again, I said it was a bit boring and I was there for two weeks so it wasn't until the second week that I started to get bored. I went to see the Lion King the second time I was in New York but I liked that because it was the Lion King, I doubt I would be into any other shows. The nightlife was good and I liked that but I would be moreso into daytime stuff when I travel (the only time I would voluntarily wake/get up early is when I'm on holidays).

As for being a Euro snob, well I loved Boston and I liked Washington DC a lot too (though I was only in those cities for 2/3 days each). Orlando is a lot of fun and NYC and Philadelphia are nice just not great. The people in New York are lovely though, which is commendable since often the bigger the city, the less friendly and polite people are.

I'm sorry if I offended you or anything but I want you to understand that I don't dislike NYC I just don't have a particular love of it.