PDA

View Full Version : Wii, Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. (???)

new-york
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
http://www.trendsnow.net/trends_now_/images/wii.jpg
http://www.quid.fr/zoom/images/xbox/xbox360elite300.jpg
http://www.rpgmillenium.com/files/contenu/playstation-3.jpg

new-york
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
i need to upadte my collection of videogames and it will happen through buyin' one of these.
i think i like the Wii more, because i love Mario, Sonic and games with funny and kind of childish atmosphere.
but the others are way better in terms of graphics and technology.

what would be you choice. (???)

Dodoboy.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:25 PM
Wii,

Just a revolution in itself. I mean the other consoles are good but Wii by far!

V-MAC
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
I'd go for the 360. Don't let the "red ring of death" put you off it mind. It doesn't happen to every xbox.

Nemo_Kool
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Go for a wii for pure fun..it's awesome but if u can summon enough cash get a Xbox360 there pretty cheap in UK atm and theres plenty of goood exclusive titles as well as the multi format ones too!

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
Well, the only one i have is PS3:drool:. I would like to get Wii very soon though :bounce:. It seems to have a wider variety of games ;).

kwilliams
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
I have a ps3 and you gotta love the features but Wiis are a lot of fun. It's like being drunk (at least if you're an excitable person) playing tennis and boxing. It's absolutely exhausting (because I get quite heavily involved) and I've only played Wii sports. I haven't played any other games.

I love Singstar on PS2 and PS3. Sooo much fun when you're drinking with friends (especially the pong/paddle game on Singstar 80s - absolute gold!!!) My friends and I almost asphyxiate every time we paddle/pong - too much laughter, not enough oxygen and it doesn't get old.

Nacho
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
wii

the other 2 are the same as always, but with better graphics

No Name Face
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
xboxxxx

i'm not really fond of the Wii

F-R-E-A-K
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:24 AM
We have Xbox 360 and Wii. :hearts:

I personally love playing XBOX 360 - LIVE majority of the time. ;)

The Wii is great fun. :lol: :D The games get a bit childish though. :cool:

hingisGOAT
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Wii! It's the only system that all your friends can play and be good at. My girl friends can whup my ass at Wii Boxing or Mario Party. I think if I bought a PS3 or 360 I would be very lonely playing videogames and wouldn't even play them at all

V-MAC
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I should also mention if online play would be a priority for you then Xbox360 live >>>>>>> PS3. Yes PS3 has free online play but 360 has a superior service and is very cheap anyway.

Il Primo!
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Xbox. Not even debatable.

Edward.
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:38 AM
PS3

Wii

Xbox 360

The 360 is a disgusting Microsoft pile of shite that blows up and stops working if you so much as look at it funny. The PS3 and Wii are great consoles.

aussie_fan
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:39 AM
i have a wii, but i'm frustated with the lack of serious sport titles, the sport games they make for the wii, they assume they have to dumb the game down considerably, i know that should be more expected with wii but not with every bloody game. However, it's been good fun, was addicted to wii sports for ages when i got it. looking forward to getting mario kart today hopefully.

I'll get a PS3 once the price drops down a bit more, the fact it has GT5 is enough for me choosing it over an XBox.

lympyisthebest
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I get really sore shoulders after playing wii tennis, so i'll go with PS3.

V-MAC
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:44 AM
If you like tennis games then Xbox is the obvious choice as VT3 on ps3 has no online play (why is that? :o ) and Smash Court Tennis 3 which is out in June will not be released on ps3. I'm sounding like a microsoft fanboy :lol: but xbox is getting little recognition in here

Prizeidiot
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:12 AM
i have a wii, but i'm frustated with the lack of serious sport titles, the sport games they make for the wii, they assume they have to dumb the game down considerably, i know that should be more expected with wii but not with every bloody game. However, it's been good fun, was addicted to wii sports for ages when i got it. looking forward to getting mario kart today hopefully.
I hear they're making a completely independant Topspin 3 game for the Wii... which sounds like it could be awesome with the remote.

I love the Wii... it doesn't have the most hardcore titles, but it completely dominates for multiplayer hilarity.

Mikey.
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
The Wii because it is different. Tennis on Wii sports is the best :hearts: But there is hardly any good games out :o I've been waiting for Super Smash Bros Brawl to come out for ages and there still isn't a date set in Australia :sobbing:

$uricate
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:25 AM
It has to be the Wii! Nintendo tried to actually evolve the home console by making something different that really gets you involved. Sony and Microsoft just improve the speed and graphics with each subsequent console and offer nothing new in terms of gameplay.

SOA_MC
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I'm a Playstation fanatic so Playstation 3 easily

Vacant
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:05 PM
The 360. :worship:

Craigy
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'm fed up of my XBOX 360 fucking up. :o Hopefully I won't have problems when I get my PS3.

Fan_of_Venus
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I have Xbox360 i love it.

PS3 not enough games and the Wii graphics suck. So I would say Xbox360 but I'm biased.

V-MAC
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I'm fed up of my XBOX 360 fucking up. :o Hopefully I won't have problems when I get my PS3.

:eek: traitor.......go burn :fiery: :p

Mina Vagante
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Wii is most fun, however I have the PS3. Hardly ever use it though, just to watch 'movies' :lol:

new-york
Apr 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM
the Wii has a tremendous gameplay, and i'd like to try the online thing, playing with people from everywhere at those funny games.

Mario Kart.:hearts:

Craigy
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:03 PM
:eek: traitor.......go burn :fiery: :p

Yeah I'll burn that 360 more like it! :ras: :lol:

Stamp Paid
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:14 PM
PS3. All the games I want are on there.

Rik.
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:38 PM
none :p

CanIGetAWhat
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Mario Kart Wii is coming out on Sunday. :worship:

Avid Merrion
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:02 PM
the Wii has a tremendous gameplay, and i'd like to try the online thing, playing with people from everywhere at those funny games.

Mario Kart is awesome! :hearts: the playing online feature is amazing too :worship: although being continually beaten by Japanese kids is a bit demoralising...:o:lol:

get the Wii, you won't regret it :D

new-york
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Mario Kart is awesome! :hearts: the playing online feature is amazing too :worship: although being continually beaten by Japanese kids is a bit demoralising...:o:lol:

i'll get it just for you.
you need some international beatdown.:devil:

Avid Merrion
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM
i'll get it just for you.
you need some international beatdown.:devil:

lmao, i get an international beatdown on a daily basis already! :o
i welcome the challenge though :devil:

Scotso
Apr 24th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I love my Wii.

F-R-E-A-K
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:06 AM

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Wii is great fun. :lol:

Mario Kart / Mario Party & Sonic-Mario Olympics are great fun!!!

We LOVE Mario Kart. :inlove: No online for Wii, only XBOX 360. :sad:

blackcrave
Apr 26th, 2008, 11:38 AM
i have xbox 360..

gentenaire
Apr 26th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I never thought I'd ever get a game console but the Wii won me over. I'm loving it.

shirley
Apr 26th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'd go for the Wii. It's fun :D

harloo
Apr 26th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Wii- The system is pretty fun. Most of the games are cheap but they suck. There are certain games that work for the Wii and other's that are terrible. I suggest buying the more expensive ones like Super Smash Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, and Rachet & Clank. Besides those everything else is alright. I've had it for a while now and my friends love to play it occasionally.

PS3- I have a ps3 and the only redeemable quality about the PS3 is that you get a quality blue-ray player. The better games are expensive and the system lacks in titles. Nobody is available for online play most of the time. However the graphics are far superior than X360 or Wii, and it's backwards compatible.

Xbox 360- I sold my Xbox 360 but I'm going to buy another one in the future. They have alot of titles and Xbox Live is always jumping on just about every game.

Nemo_Kool
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I WANT GTA IV SOOOOOO BADLYYYYYYYY even though i just go around killin every1 until the po po get me!

CanIGetAWhat
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Do you need the wheel to play Mario Kart Wii? Or will the nunchuck or remote controller suffice?

G1Player2
Apr 26th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Do you need the wheel to play Mario Kart Wii? Or will the nunchuck or remote controller suffice?

OMG, I am soooooooo stoked for Mario Kart!

No Name Face
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:39 AM
my 360 never froze until today. so annoyed. and it was right after i read craig's reply in this thread. :unsure: :scared:

xr6turbo
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:21 AM
xbox360 = :o:unsure:

Avid Merrion
Apr 27th, 2008, 02:02 PM

:wavey: nope, you can either use the Wii remote, Wii remote and nunchuck, the Wii wheel or the classic controller. the choice is yours! :D personally, i've been kicking old school SNES syle with the classic controller :cool: the wheel is great, much more responsive than i thought it would be but your arms really hurt after a couple of hours :lol: a lot of retailers are giving the wheel away free with the game, thats how i ended up with one :)

on another note, i took delivery of the Wii Fit board on Friday :worship: yet another reason why the Wii is a better choice than any other console out there :D

hingis-seles
Apr 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I love my XBox 360 - although I mostly use it for watching movies and tv shows now. I tend to dominate the tennis games rather easily and quickly. :p

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Wii :bowdown:

Creativity and Originality makes it the best console

IMPOSSIBLE
Apr 27th, 2008, 02:28 PM
anybody want to play me on Mario Kart Online ?

send me your key code and Ill send you mine

Edward.
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
:wavey: nope, you can either use the Wii remote, Wii remote and nunchuck, the Wii wheel or the classic controller. the choice is yours! :D personally, i've been kicking old school SNES syle with the classic controller :cool: the wheel is great, much more responsive than i thought it would be but your arms really hurt after a couple of hours :lol: a lot of retailers are giving the wheel away free with the game, thats how i ended up with one :)

on another note, i took delivery of the Wii Fit board on Friday :worship: yet another reason why the Wii is a better choice than any other console out there :D

I want Wii Fit but refuse to pay £70 for it.

Hopefully one day Nintendo will stop taking the piss out of us Europeans.

Avid Merrion
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I want Wii Fit but refuse to pay £70 for it.

Hopefully one day Nintendo will stop taking the piss out of us Europeans.

i must admit, i baulked at the price too but having taken delivery of it, it's actually quite a substantial piece of kit and i think it will be worth the invested dosh if there are some good titles to go along with it. the potential is vast :)

V-MAC
Apr 28th, 2008, 12:15 AM
So close to GTA IV now......I must admit I'm getting excited against my wishes :o

CanIGetAWhat
Apr 28th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I got my Wii today. Is there anyway you can play singles in Wii sports? I hate doubles.

Edward.
Apr 28th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Am I the only person in the world not the slightest bit interested in GTA4? :confused:

From what I've seen, its nearly identical to the others but with shinier graphics.

Mikey.
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:17 AM
I got my Wii today. Is there anyway you can play singles in Wii sports? I hate doubles.

No. Its singles only. :sobbing: Its bad I know... but topspin 3 comes out soon. :)

aussie_fan
Apr 28th, 2008, 10:35 AM
No. Its singles only. :sobbing: Its bad I know... but topspin 3 comes out soon. :)

looking forward to it, hopefully it's good.

Nemo_Kool
Apr 28th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Am I the only person in the world not the slightest bit interested in GTA4? :confused:

From what I've seen, its nearly identical to the others but with shinier graphics.
Cant wait for it!!!ARG its out in like 4 hours though im not going to get it tonight im not THAT big a nerd!!!haha

V-MAC
Apr 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM
yeah ppl getting it at midnight will only be completely exhausted come tomorrow anyway :lol: I'm gonna get up bright and early and try hunt down a copy tomorrow morning. I'm pretty certain that I'll get one despite not pre-ordering it.

Edward.
Apr 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
yeah ppl getting it at midnight will only be completely exhausted come tomorrow anyway :lol: I'm gonna get up bright and early and try hunt down a copy tomorrow morning. I'm pretty certain that I'll get one despite not pre-ordering it.

Rockstar won't release ridiculously limited stock, unlike Nintendo. :tape:

new-york
May 20th, 2008, 03:40 AM
got the Wii today.

Mario Kart is not avalaible anywhere though.:(

it's cool.

my only regret is that the new Soul Calibur will be PS3 & Xbox 360 only.:sad:

V-MAC
May 20th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I used to love Mario Kart on the old N64. Multi-player gaming at its best

xr6turbo
May 20th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I used to love Mario Kart on the old N64. Multi-player gaming at its best
Mario Kart 64 :hearts: Even Mario Kart on the SNES was awesome

mandy7
May 20th, 2008, 07:12 AM
i got a wii last week, and LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it

guitar hero 3 :rocker2:

new-york
May 21st, 2008, 04:37 PM
give me your Wii codes for Mario Kart people !

Grohl
May 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM
we only recently bought a wii, with wii sports, and bought guitar hero last week!
I love it!

sfselesfan
May 21st, 2008, 05:13 PM
I have XBOX360 and PS3. I think people voting for XBOX must not have any clue about the PS3. There's no comparison, PS3 is 10x better. I understand how some people would like Wii, I've played it...but it's just not my style.

SF

Nemo_Kool
May 21st, 2008, 07:39 PM
I have XBOX360 and PS3. I think people voting for XBOX must not have any clue about the PS3. There's no comparison, PS3 is 10x better. I understand how some people would like Wii, I've played it...but it's just not my style.

SF

i havent got a PS3 but i have xbox 360 and wii...i made a choice for the xbox purely because altho ps3 has more horse power if u look at the game selection it lacks many killer apps. xbox360 has the likes of halo and gears of war but ps3 lacks anythings which is either a/ multiformat or b/any gd..

xr6turbo
May 21st, 2008, 07:51 PM
i havent got a PS3 but i have xbox 360 and wii...i made a choice for the xbox purely because altho ps3 has more horse power if u look at the game selection it lacks many killer apps. xbox360 has the likes of halo and gears of war but ps3 lacks anythings which is either a/ multiformat or b/any gd..
How about Metal Gear Solid 4 and Haze? Those are both going to be PS3 exclusives and they will be awesome. Also, the PS3 won't blow up. :)

sfselesfan
May 21st, 2008, 09:33 PM

When the 360 came out it didn't have many games either, it takes a while to establish a library of games for a new system. That's just the way it goes...but the system itself is far superior.

SF

eugreene2
May 21st, 2008, 10:09 PM
For more choices of games and immediate fun, XBOX
For family fun, Wii
For Future fun, PS3

V-MAC
May 22nd, 2008, 01:48 AM
Xbox 360 is more tennis game friendly than the PS3. Virtua Tennis 3 doesn't even have an online option on the PS3 :help:

Anyway, yes Mario Kart on the Snes was brilliant too. Toad was the best character to use. He was by far the fastest. hmm, I think I'll have to dig out my old Toad avator again :lol:

-cata-
May 22nd, 2008, 03:17 AM
Wii is great for fun... but if you are looking for good graphics then PS3 or 360
Mario Kart for Wii is so much fun.
My husband has all three consoles and we use the 360 waaaaay more than any of the other ones.
Rock Band :rocker:

new-york
May 22nd, 2008, 04:08 AM
Xbox 360 is more tennis game friendly than the PS3. Virtua Tennis 3 doesn't even have an online option on the PS3 :help:

Anyway, yes Mario Kart on the Snes was brilliant too. Toad was the best character to use. He was by far the fastest. hmm, I think I'll have to dig out my old Toad avator again :lol:

Koopa was the best to drive.
Fast enough, big enough, very well balanced.:cool:

But i love me some Peach.:hearts:

Mikey.
May 22nd, 2008, 04:14 AM
Super Smash Bros Brawl is out on the Wii in Australia on June the 26th :hearts:

Avid Merrion
May 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
give me your Wii codes for Mario Kart people !

:wavey: 1590-5004-7516

maybe see you around :drive:

V-MAC
May 23rd, 2008, 12:49 AM
Koopa was the best to drive.
Fast enough, big enough, very well balanced.:cool:

But i love me some Peach.:hearts:

yes Koopa Troopa or whatever he was called was good too. Peach was crap though :lol: Bowser was the worst.....no one ever wanted to pick him :o He was good for knocking into other players and making them spin around but he was far too slow.

Edward.
May 23rd, 2008, 01:03 AM
yes Koopa Troopa or whatever he was called was good too. Peach was crap though :lol: Bowser was the worst.....no one ever wanted to pick him :o He was good for knocking into other players and making them spin around but he was far too slow.

Bowser had the best top speed in the game. :lol:

He had awful acceleration which is why most people confuse him with being slow.

I always used Toad or Koopa Troopa. On the Wii, I use Bowser Jr. or Koopa Troopa.

Veritas
May 23rd, 2008, 01:30 AM
In Melbourne, the PS3 the stores are selling are only the 40GB ones. I heard there was a 60GB version, but it's been discontinued. Is there any major difference between the two versions other than hard drive space??

Edward.
May 23rd, 2008, 01:42 AM
In Melbourne, the PS3 the stores are selling are only the 40GB ones. I heard there was a 60GB version, but it's been discontinued. Is there any major difference between the two versions other than hard drive space??

The 60GB had backwards compatibility with PS2 games, but this was removed from the 40GB version.

Also, the 60GB had card readers on the front and 4 USB ports instead of 2.

Qrystyna
May 23rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
For me, I love my xbox360. I've had it for over 2 years and no problems at all with it. Prior to that, I had always had Nintendo products... but I always found myself wanting to play games on other systems more, so I finally decided to try another system instead. Although I have played the Wii and it's great fun, I haven't bought one because I wouldn't have the time to play it and the XBOX360 together.