PDA

View Full Version : Star Jones files for divorce

Sally Struthers
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
NEW YORK - Three years after tying the knot in a spectacular, over-the-top affair that caused some backlash, Star Jones has decided to end her marriage to banker Al Reynolds.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 46-year-old TV personality quietly filed divorce papers March 26 in New York Supreme Court in Manhattan. The records are sealed, syndicated entertainment show "Entertainment Tonight" reported Wednesday.

But a representative for SHADOW PR, which represents Jones, confirmed to The Associated Press that she is seeking to end the union.

In a statement to "Entertainment Tonight," Jones said: "Several years ago I made an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. A month ago I filed for divorce.

"The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life that requires privacy with one's thoughts. I have committed myself to handling this situation with dignity and grace and look forward to emerging from this period as a stronger and wiser woman."

It's not the approach Jones took when she threw her uber-lavish, Park Avenue wedding to Reynolds in November 2004. She received criticism for endlessly discussing the wedding — and plugging its sponsors — as a co-host on ABC's "The View." The negative reaction to the affair, which was attended by guests ranging from Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton to Spike Lee, was cited by Barbara Walters as a reason why Jones' contract wasn't renewed by ABC's "The View" in 2006.

The former prosecutor recently hosted a talk show on truTV.

She finally figured out that marrying a gay guy was not such a good idea. She's a smart one that Star. It only took her 3 years!

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
Hey, it lasted 3 years :tape:

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
It's hilarious that the press didn't even pick up on it for a month. I guess her 15 minutes are truly over. Let's hope she saved and invested wisely.

Even apart from "issues" with Al, she's not a great big fat desperate woman anymore, and her outlook and personality have changed. For the better, I might add. She's sort of likeable these days. Good luck to Star in the future. Annoying, but not malignant.

Sally Struthers
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
After losing all the weight do you think she's had all the excess skin taken in or it is still flapping under all the clothes? :scared:

Rocketta
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
There were reports that he was going to the lawyers too, she must of beat him to the filing. :tape:

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:12 PM
After losing all the weight do you think she's had all the excess skin taken in or it is still flapping under all the clothes? :scared:

One of the rags said 6 months ago, she was having it done in sections over time, the skin cut and removed and stuff.

Sally, I haven't told you the bad news. After I quit smoking in January, I don't have any more interest in the rags. That was something I did when I was smoking. I flip through them now really fast, if at all, and put them right into recycling and won't be renewing the subscriptions. The article about Jamie-Lynn having a hillbilly shot-gun wedding with beer and KFC caught my eye, but that's the only article I have read since like the end of January.

G-Ha
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
she probably just got tired of him asking her to put on the strap-on every night.

Helen Lawson
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
I hope she pays him something. He screwed a fat Star Jones. And more than once probably!The poor man is entitled to some compensation.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
she probably just got tired of him asking her to put on the strap-on every night.

:lol:

Sally Struthers
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
One of the rags said 6 months ago, she was having it done in sections over time, the skin cut and removed and stuff.

Sally, I haven't told you the bad news. After I quit smoking in January, I don't have any more interest in the rags. That was something I did when I was smoking. I flip through them now really fast, if at all, and put them right into recycling and won't be renewing the subscriptions. The article about Jamie-Lynn having a hillbilly shot-gun wedding with beer and KFC caught my eye, but that's the only article I have read since like the end of January.

I just thumb through the pictures mostly. They're not as good as they were back before the internet. I did however read the story about KFC catering the wedding. Hilarious!

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Al Gets Ready to Rumble

Posted Apr 23rd 2008 3:10PM by TMZ Staff

Star Jones might be a lawyah, but Al Reynolds is ready for her: TMZ has learned that Al's lawyered up large for his upcoming divorce scrap with Star.

He's hired New York disso-macher Stanford Lotwin, who handled splits for Howard Stern, the Donald, and Diana Ross, among others. Still, according to Reynolds' rep, Howard Bragman, Al "intends to take the high road."

Will it get ugly -- unclear. Reason for breakup -- unclear. Reason for marriage in the first place -- unclear.

Meanwhile, Al's got a busy social schedule, as in social science -- turns out he's a professor at Florida Memorial University where he's finishing off the semester. Who knew?

http://www.tmz.com/2008/04/23/al-gets-ready-to-rumble/

victory1
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Did he come out?:tape: I can't believed she did not know she was married to a gay man!:lol:

victory1
Apr 24th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I know what happened! She found him in bed with teacup boy!!!:tape: A picture is worth a thousand words!!
http://tinypic.com/jjqmp1.jpg

Infiniti2001
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I know what happened! She found him in bed with teacup boy!!!:tape: A picture is worth a thousand words!!

:eek: Priceless http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5091/funnymd8.gif

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:48 AM
That tea looks good... I'm gonna go make a cup.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:54 AM

:spit: What a happy looking threesome :scratch:

No Name Face
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:58 AM

LMAO at star's facial expression, it says it all.

Sally Struthers
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:03 AM

fabulous! :tape: :haha:

samsung101
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Not a fan of The View, or really of Jones herself.
But, anyone who watches tv had a hard time NOT seeing things
about her, the wedding, departure from the show, the Babs-Star
fight, etc.

Seriously, Star, everyone knew this was not going to work.

She isn't the first woman to marry a man who was pretty clearly
well, gay, and then leave him. Ask Liza Minnelli, she's done it
a few times, on purpose and not on purpose. The writer of
Stella Got Her Groove Back- that was an ugly divorce.

Stop worrying what WE think of you Star.

Just do your thing.

Smart, educated, well spoken, probably with all of this, still
very wealthy....move on.

Living well is the best revenge.

harloo
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
It's hilarious that the press didn't even pick up on it for a month. I guess her 15 minutes are truly over. Let's hope she saved and invested wisely.

Even apart from "issues" with Al, she's not a great big fat desperate woman anymore, and her outlook and personality have changed. For the better, I might add. She's sort of likeable these days. Good luck to Star in the future. Annoying, but not malignant.

I know. I heard about this about two months ago. It's not a surprise anyway. When the checks stopped rolling in Al was gone.:haha: