PDA

View Full Version : Photographs To Help Explain Why There Are No Homosexuals In Iran

samsam4087
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
Photographs To Help Explain Why There Are No Homosexuals In Iran

I guess by the time you have finished reading the attached news, we will feel how lucky we are!

http://www.mererhetoric.com/archives/11274175.html

Treasure what we're having~!

:sad::sad::sad:

LoveFifteen
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
So tragic and unfair.

kwilliams
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
That makes me feel sick.

A warning to others: There are pictures of executions in the article.

Philbo
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
That really did make me feel sick to the stomach.

The twisted thing is that if those gay boys had gone to a doctor and told the doctor they think they are a woman on the inside and that they were born as the wrong sex, the govt would sanction giving them a sex change!

Such a twisted world we live in.

Note to Sam L - This does not mean I support bombing Iran!

Pdm1987
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM
I feel sick and appalled

Philbo
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
These pics also make me even angrier towards the Australian and British governments as in the past 5 years or so Ive seen cases of Iranian guys claiming refugee status based on the fact that they would be put to death for being gay if they were sent back.

But the Howard govt didnt give a shit about something trivial as that and tried as hard as they could to get rid of the refugee - I have seen something in the news in the UK recently along the same lines...

Philbo
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7290330.stm

Gay Iranian man loses asylum plea

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44484000/jpg/_44484615_iran_gays_ap_203.jpg Iran has regularly executed people it has convicted of homosexual acts

An Iranian homosexual man who has said he will be executed if he is deported from the Netherlands has had his claim for asylum overturned.
Mehdi Kazemi has said his life is in danger if he is returned to Iran, where he says his boyfriend named him as a partner before being executed.
Homosexual acts are illegal in the Islamic republic.
A Dutch spokesman said Mr Kazemi would now be sent to the UK, the first European country he entered.
A claim for asylum in the UK had already been turned down.
Application turned down
His case has become a campaign cause for gay rights activists across Europe.
Mr Kazemi, 19, said he had travelled to Britain in 2005 to study English, and learned that his lover in Iran had been executed for sodomy, his lawyer Borg Palm said.
After his asylum application was turned down, he fled to the Netherlands in 2006, having narrowly avoided being sent back to Iran.
Dutch immigration authorities are more lenient towards homosexual Iranians, who are afforded special status because of the regime's hard line against them.
'Life in danger'
The Dutch are refusing to consider the case. Under the EU's 2003 Dublin Regulation, the state the applicant first enters is responsible for processing their application.
Mr Kazemi says his life will be in danger not only because he has been named as a homosexual, but also because of the extensive media coverage of his case,. Mr Kazemi's uncle - who is in the UK - said the family was considering an appeal to the European Court. A statement from Britain's immigration service said: "We examine with great care each individual case before removal and we will not remove anyone who we believe is at risk on their return."

Pdm1987
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
i would have thought he'll be granted rights to reside in the UK eventually.

Sean.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
It's really sad, not just gay people but anyone who dosen't fit the mould. Stories like this would make me support a war more and more.

Does anyone know how they were caught?

Can't see how people are managing to blame this on Britain?

We can't just accept everyone, I don't see the Czech republic taking them. France has the same population as us, but is much bigger, they don't accept them either.

It's the fault of religious extremism in the 1st place

Christianity went through it hundreds of year ago, Islam just hasn't caught up yet.

Direwolf
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
They stone to death a Muslim girl for having a boyfriend..

and they kill

IRANIAN homos who are living their life peacfully in other countries...

Whys isnt the UN doing anything about this?

drake3781
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
I have posted these approx one year ago in another thread, along with other similar photos.

What strikes me now, as I look at it again, is the public aspect of it. I know that executions in Saudi are somewhat of a public fun activity; is it every Monday? Here in Iran we see the temporary gallows and apparently the truck used to stand the condemned on - which I guess drives off, leaving them hanging.

JAMESYBABY!
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
this is actully so pathetic,, y the fuck would anyone do tht,, fuckin pilloks,, i would to see the ones tht killed them be killed,,,

this inrages me :mad:

Philbo
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:25 AM
It's really sad, not just gay people but anyone who dosen't fit the mould. Stories like this would make me support a war more and more.

Can't see how people are managing to blame this on Britain?

The reason the UK disappoints me is that their Regufee program is supposed to operate on the basis of accepting anyone who would face persectution and danger to their lives if they were returned home. On that basis, the UK should accept homosexuals from Iran.

The same goes for australia and the previous Howard govt did something similar to a gay iranian in australia. It just comes down to a deep seated belief that somehow homosexuals deserve what they get, or are less deserving of being saved from persectuion than someone being persecuted for their religion for example..

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:03 PM
that's disgusting and twisted.....there really are no words to describe how appalled I am at this.

Bijoux0021
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Very sad.

Expat
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
there are another 7 to 8 islamic countries that punish homosexuality by death
iran on the other hand is far more liberal where you can get a sex change if you are gay or transgender
has anyone of you ever seen the saudi execution videos where women stone other women to death for being raped and being unable to provide 4 male witnesses to the rape or 8 female witnesses

gja360
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:41 PM
very sad... :sad:

Dodoboy.
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Very disturbing.

Stamp Paid
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Modern day lynching. Horrible.

homogenius
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I saw it last year.What is hard is not being able to do anything against things like this.We're in 2008 but some countries are like in the Middle age on some specific issues.

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:03 PM
there are another 7 to 8 islamic countries that punish homosexuality by death
iran on the other hand is far more liberal where you can get a sex change if you are gay or transgender
has anyone of you ever seen the saudi execution videos where women stone other women to death for being raped and being unable to provide 4 male witnesses to the rape or 8 female witnesses

No I haven't seen those videos and probably don't want to. But for quite some time I've been researching Saudi justice. I have read about the public executions. Don't they call it "Execution Mondays" in Riyadh?

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe the USA could set an example by giving homosexuals full rights in their own country.

Whitehead's Boy
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Or maybe they could set an example by abolishing the death penalty.

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Or maybe they could set an example by abolishing the death penalty.True...true.

Expat
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:46 PM
No I haven't seen those videos and probably don't want to. But for quite some time I've been researching Saudi justice. I have read about the public executions. Don't they call it "Execution Mondays" in Riyadh?
not sure if there's a weekly schedule but an execution in Saudi Arabia is like a mass fun event
its like a gladiator match where the crowds are exhorting for the death shouting "Allah uh Akbar" all the time
i have only lived in Dubai and that too when I was a child
so i don't know about Saudi
but Dubai is pretty repressive for gays considering that is quite modern to the 7th century that Saudi Arabia lives in
OTOH no city in the States gives the shopping that you get in Dubai
life is fun in Dubai if you have the money and you are well connected
racial discrimination or religious discrimination is a fact of life
people from Philippines Sri Lanka pakistan india etc are treated no better than slaves
even if you stay for many generations in the UAE
u will never get citizen or property rights

samsam4087
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:13 AM
not sure if there's a weekly schedule but an execution in Saudi Arabia is like a mass fun event
its like a gladiator match where the crowds are exhorting for the death shouting "Allah uh Akbar" all the time
i have only lived in Dubai and that too when I was a child
so i don't know about Saudi
but Dubai is pretty repressive for gays considering that is quite modern to the 7th century that Saudi Arabia lives in
OTOH no city in the States gives the shopping that you get in Dubai
life is fun in Dubai if you have the money and you are well connected
racial discrimination or religious discrimination is a fact of life
people from Philippines Sri Lanka pakistan india etc are treated no better than slaves
even if you stay for many generations in the UAE
u will never get citizen or property rights

so sad for the gays in Iran

Serenababy
Apr 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
that is ridiculous that they would do something like that......

killing someone for sexual preference????
then hanging them???? wow thats messsed up

tennisbear7
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:26 PM
The world's a fucked up place. :(

HippityHop
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I was wondering how long it would be before someone decided that the US is just as bad as Iran when it comes to how we treat homosexuals.

It never fails.

Apoleb
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I was wondering how long it would be before someone decided that the US is just as bad as Iran when it comes to how we treat homosexuals.

It never fails.

Who did that?

Let's see: no one.

drake3781
Apr 27th, 2008, 03:00 AM
that is ridiculous that they would do something like that......

killing someone for sexual preference????
then hanging them???? wow thats messsed up

Banned. :eek:

UDACHi
Apr 27th, 2008, 04:13 AM
sang that song for a concert in 4th grade. :o couldn't get past that.

drake3781
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:51 AM
There is a slideshow at the link that gives a lot of important data on this hanging and others. An estimated 100,000 Iranians have been hanged in the last 26 years of clerical rule.

kittyking
Apr 27th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Yet you don't want America to invade Iran.....right :cuckoo:

samsam4087
Apr 27th, 2008, 09:36 AM
There is a slideshow at the link that gives a lot of important data on this hanging and others. An estimated 100,000 Iranians have been hanged in the last 26 years of clerical rule.

so many people hanged...

Henpova
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:00 AM
This make me sick. As a Homo my self. It hurts me to see stuff like that. Think god I was born in a county with some right as a gay man. I never have to think that I may be killed by my country for who I am(just maybe a redneck) I am glad that Germany (I think) is a safe haven for gays from Iran. I wish other country would do the same.

Henpova
Apr 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Yet you don't want America to invade Iran.....right :cuckoo:

No I don't. We are already fighting two wars, we can't do three. Also its not the US place to go in and change a country just because they are back wards and cruel.