PDA

View Full Version : Article: Politics brings out the "WEIRD" in people.

RVD
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:23 AM
http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/04/22/bidding-on-baracks-breakfast/
Bidding on Barack’s Breakfast
by Bonney Kapp

Barack Obama made a ripple yesterday when he refused to answer a reporter’s question while enjoying a waffle at a Scranton, PA, diner. “Why can’t I just eat my waffle?” he responded to the reporter.

Well, today a Wilkes Barre newspaper reported that one of the restaurant’s waitresses “had Obama’s leftovers on the plate and wrapped in cellophane. She said she was taking it home, putting it in the freezer and posting it on eBay.”

Sure enough, here it is.
http://embeds.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/waffle.jpg?w=300
In the original description of the breakfast items - which included the half eaten waffle, part of a sausage link, and Obama’s fork and knife - the poster used the candidate’s middle name and promised that all proceeds will go to the Hillary Clinton campaign.:scared: The seller updated the post hours later to defend the use of Obama’s middle name (the poster said it was for “descriptive” purposes only) and to say the proceeds would be sent to the Democratic Party. :tape:

The bidding war began and at one point the leftovers were fetching $10,000, but the poster recently reset the auction (as of this posting, you the current winning bid is back down to $.99). An educated guess for the reasoning - some of the bids appeared to be fake.

****UPDATE***** The poster has removed Barack’s breakfast from eBay.

Weirdest thing I've read to date.
Wonder why she finally removed the item? :scratch:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:28 AM
The answer to that question Obama is, you're in Scranton, PA, heavily Clinton country, you don't have time to eat breakfast there. :lol:

If you were in North Carolina, have a smorgasbord. :lol:

And honestly she isn't the only weirdo. We've been all weird and some more than others.