PDA

View Full Version : Police: Pregnant bank teller, twin fetuses survive shooting

drake3781
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:00 AM
Police: Pregnant bank teller, twin fetuses survive shooting during Indianapolis holdup

By KEN KUSMER Associated Press Writer
INDIANAPOLIS Apr 22, 2008 (AP)
The Associated Press

A bank teller pregnant with twins was shot in the abdomen during a robbery Tuesday morning, but both the teller and the fetuses survived the attack, authorities said.

The masked gunman came into the Huntington Bank branch around 9:30 a.m., jumped over the counter screaming, shot the teller and grabbed cash from her drawer, police said. He fired another shot as he ran out of the bank.

The bullet entered the abdomen of Katherin Shuffield, 30, who is five months pregnant, but missed both fetuses, Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard said. "Angry is really what I am. This is just brazen," said Ballard.

Police said the gunman used a compact assault rifle.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/519ecb93-9f9d-4ef0-9998-3757af0e7789_mn.jpg

==============

I saw this story earlier today when the woman's condition and that of her twins was unknown. Good news that each survived.

skanky~skanketta
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:06 AM
WTF?!? poor woman!

HippityHop
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if the mother thinks of them as her twin fetuses or her twin babies.

kwilliams
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Wow! I hope there are no future complications for her or her twins.

blackcrave
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:47 PM
thank God the mother and the babies are fine.. i love twins

drake3781
Apr 26th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Prosecutor: Pregnant teller wounded in robbery loses twins

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: April 25, 2008
Filed at 6:50 p.m. ET

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- A pregnant teller shot in a bank robbery has lost the twins she was carrying, and police continued to search for the gunman Friday.

Katherin Shuffield, who was five months pregnant, was critically wounded when a masked gunman shot her in the abdomen Tuesday morning at a Huntington Bank branch.

Authorities and the family had said the bullets had not hit the twins. Complications set in, however, and Shuffield's husband, Jason, said in a statement that the twins died late Thursday night. He said his 30-year-old wife remained in critical but stable condition at Methodist Hospital.

''Katherin's recovery is our top priority and she continues to receive the best possible care,'' he said.

Marion County's chief deputy coroner, Alfarena Ballew said she would examine the twins to determine the causes of their deaths.

(story continues at http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Teller-Shot.html )

Wiggly
Apr 26th, 2008, 02:09 PM
:sad:!

Will the gunman be accused of two murders?

HippityHop
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:21 PM
:sad:!

Will the gunman be accused of two murders?

Why would he? Some would be outraged at the thought of charging him with murder since he only killed two fetuses.

BigB08822
May 2nd, 2008, 04:06 PM
That is sad that she lost them. Not sure about the murder charges. They call them a fetus but wasn't Peterson charged with murder? I guess because after killing Lacy the baby was born and then died?