PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Results

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
And the polls have now closed, so let's see what happens!

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:36 AM
Good idea for this thread. :yeah:

CNN: "Competitive race"

AKA, my ass. Hill will win comfortably. CNN did the same thing for Ohio and Rhode Island, states Hillary won easy.

So quick to give Obama states, slow to give it to Hillary. :lol: I don't mind, I'll wait it out. :)

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:38 AM
:lol:
It's getting on my nerves that they have no numbers yet, :rolleyes:

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:41 AM
1803- 949! That's a lot!!! :eek:

:lol: Going to be a long night. Read a few articles that certain areas in PA are VERY slow. Like worst than Texas. :lol:

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:43 AM
Did we wonder why Hillary was the lighter blue and Barack the darker blue?

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:47 AM
I just wondered that. Wasn't it the other way around last time?

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Good idea for this thread. :yeah:

CNN: "Competitive race"

AKA, my ass. Hill will win comfortably. CNN did the same thing for Ohio and Rhode Island, states Hillary won easy.

So quick to give Obama states, slow to give it to Hillary. :lol: I don't mind, I'll wait it out. :)

Because Obama wins by huge margins in the states he wins. Hillary does not do the same. Hence, it is harder to call states Hillary wins. Logic is great.

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Bill Clinton is so sneaky and obviously a liar, haha. I'm really starting to think he doesn't want Hillary to win, :lol:

Wiggly
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Any other link than CNN? It takes ages to load. :o

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:51 AM
Fox and NBC now projecting Hillary as the winner:bounce:. No numbers though :p

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:57 AM
Because Obama wins by huge margins in the states he wins. Hillary does not do the same. Hence, it is harder to call states Hillary wins. Logic is great.

I know the states he wins big. But Rhode Island? Rhode Island was called SO late. And Vermont was called so early. And yet they had the same numbers. That's my point. Obviously not talking about Mississippi. Being a jerk is not great.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
Yay, Hill! :D Now by how much. :kiss:

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:03 AM
I know the states he wins big. But Rhode Island? Rhode Island was called SO late. And Vermont was called so early. And yet they had the same numbers. That's my point. Obviously not talking about Mississippi. Being a jerk is not great.

Maybe because Rhode Island is more diverse than Vermont, both ethnically and economically. Therefore, results from one part of the state in Vermont, are more representative than individual areas in RI. Therefore, it takes longer to be able to call RI.

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:03 AM
It still seems close. Hopefully not by 8 or more!

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:05 AM
NOOOO!!! NOT CNN TOO!!! :sad:

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:06 AM
If Obama is outspending Hillary 3 to 1 and still loses by more than 5, that's a huge win for Hillary and it speaks bounds about Obama's true ability.

Congratulations Hillary! :D

JUSTICE4ALL
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
It doesn't matter, any Clinton victory will be offset in the black state of North Carolina! :) She still can't win the nomination without stealing it :)

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7366/hillarykn7.jpg

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:09 AM
It doesn't matter, any Clinton victory will be offset in the black state of North Carolina! :) She still can't win the nomination without stealing it :)

:yeah:

JUSTICE4ALL
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Who the hell are these 8% of African Americans not voting for Obama? LOL, Please let me find out, so they can be beat down! LOL

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
Who the hell are these 8% of African Americans not voting for Obama? LOL, Please let me find out, so they can be beat down! LOL

They're people like Mayor Nutter and Tavis Smiley, :haha:

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:14 AM

Not all black folk have the pack mentality. Thank God :tape:

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:15 AM

Just 92%, :lol:

mirzalover
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:19 AM
whoop whoop Hillary!

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:20 AM
This is looking great! :D Philadelphia has tons in and plenty of the rural area is not even in. :D This will surely be over 10 pts.

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:22 AM

But 92% seem to have what we call "good judgment" and "common sense".

mirzalover
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:22 AM
I dont know who this guy is who is on CNN talking for Hillary but god he needs to shut up.

JUSTICE4ALL
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:24 AM
Im mad that there so excited, I swear at the end of the night, she's still going to be losing, there are no more big white states left. Please go away Hillary, we need change we can believe in, and it sure isn't Hillary Clinton! LOL :)

mirzalover
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:26 AM
The guy talking for Obama also needs to shut up. Plus his smile is creepy and so is his unibrow.

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:26 AM

Why doesn't this response surprise me? :rolleyes:

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:31 AM
The guy talking for Obama also needs to shut up. Plus his smile is creepy and so is his unibrow.

:lol: He is a senator from PA who endorsed BOH, too bad it didn't help in his state :tape:

JUSTICE4ALL
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:32 AM
Bad judgment would be white people, voting for Hillary Clinton, over HOPE and CHANGE we all can believe in, luckily white college students, those my age 18-15, are overwhelming voting for the eventual democratic victor Barack Obama! :)

IceHock
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:34 AM
Bad judgment would be white people, voting for Hillary Clinton, over HOPE and CHANGE we all can believe in, luckily white college students, those my age 18-15, are overwhelming voting for the eventual democratic victor Barack Obama! :)

im not gunna say anything wrong herec but just yeah, low.

Scotso
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:44 AM

You're such an Obama fanboy. It's hilarious that you pretended to support Kucinich. Was that to try to give your obsessive love for Obama more credibility in the long run? I can't follow that "common sense."

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:46 AM
Endorsements should really be taken with a grain of salt.

When Hillary was ahead, she was getting them. Obama is now getting them.

It's not about endorsing. It's about hoping to get a cabinet position. :lol: Sen. Casey had a nice chance if he could help out in PA. Doesn't look like it helped. Sorry Casey!

ys
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:51 AM
10% win is still on cards.. It is already 8 points.. And Obama seems to win only Philly, and Philly's votes are 66% counted..

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:52 AM
You're such an Obama fanboy. It's hilarious that you pretended to support Kucinich. Was that to try to give your obsessive love for Obama more credibility in the long run? I can't follow that "common sense."

Obama is the candidate that will, once and for all, destroy Clintonism, and the DLC faction of our party that has atrophied democracy for over a decade. I still would have preferred Kucinich, though.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:54 AM
Hillary will get to the 10 pts. It looks she may even go higher ..

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:16 AM
She really thinks she's going to win the nomination, :lol:

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:18 AM
Yes, she will! Yes, she will! Yes, she will!

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM
Yes, she will! Yes, she will! Yes, she will!

I'll bump this in a week when NC eliminates her gains from PA. Once again, African Americans have to win this thing for progressives.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
I'll bump this in a week when NC eliminates her gains from PA. Once again, African Americans have to win this thing for progressives.

Good, bump it. Obama had another chance to shut the door. Outspends her 3 to 1. And he still can't. Let him win a republican state.

Hillary! :inlove:

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM

I don't think she believes that anymore. It seems more personal for her and her camp, including her husband, that it's about destroying Obama's chances.

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:23 AM
Good, bump it. Obama had another chance to shut the door. Outspends her 3 to 1. And he still can't. Let him win a republican state.

Hillary! :inlove:

And the endorsements of the superdelegates from those red states?

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
I don't think she believes that anymore. It seems more personal for her and her camp, including her husband, that it's about destroying Obama's chances.

Her campaigns in debt, and she loaned it five million of her own money. My guess is she's staying in long enough to raise what she owes herself and others.

Ryan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:27 AM

Whats wrong with that? I mean honestly, whether you support Obama, Clinton, McCain, or even a tool like Ron Paul, you have to admit that this isn't by any means a runaway. Clinton HAS to convince the Superdelegates to overturn the public vote, which is unlikely, but if it was impossible they would have all endorsed Obama already and this would be moot. :shrug: Imagine having a dream of being something, why would you just quit because your hope of getting it wasn't probable? She wouldn't be in this if she didn't think she could win, and she has every right to keep campaigning up to the convention.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Her campaigns in debt, and she loaned it five million of her own money. My guess is she's staying in long enough to raise what she owes herself and others.

There's no reason for her to drop out. Especially after this. He can't even make it a solid margin with all the money, time, etc.

She is staying in it because the math doesn't work for EITHER of them. And give Obama some time and he'll shoot himself in the foot with some new scandal.

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:31 AM

Can she keep on funding her own campaign if the donations aren't coming in? Obama was able to spend because he's managed his campaign well and donors are donating. The math isn't with her so the path to the nomination is slim. I'm proud of Obama coming back from the large numbers he originally was down in a state that Hillary should have blown him away in.

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:33 AM
There's no reason for her to drop out. Especially after this. He can't even make it a solid margin with all the money, time, etc.

She is staying in it because the math doesn't work for EITHER of them. And give Obama some time and he'll shoot himself in the foot with some new scandal.

I'd say cutting a 25 percent lead down to ten is pretty solid.

And he has yet to shoot himself in the foot with any scandal. You're projecting Hillary's flaws onto Obama now.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:35 AM

And he has yet to shoot himself in the foot with any scandal. You're projecting Hillary's flaws onto Obama now.

But you said it yourself. Obama is about campaigning. How is a 25 pt lead MONTHS IN ADVANCE important? Especially considering Obama people need his cradling and convincing?

Obama is still creating a coalition. Hillary has hers already. And in this state, hers won.

The 25 to 10 pt win is a weak argument.

Outspending 3 to 1 and still losing by 10 is pretty profound.

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:37 AM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6818/hillary11avo2.jpg

Wannabe is that you? :lol:

Edward.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:37 AM

Honestly, I thought ITZ was reasonably level headed a while ago, but now s/he has mutated into a tedious Clinton fanboy/Obama hater.

Spinning a 10 point lead into a success when Clinton was up 20/25 points a few weeks ago sums it up. No objectivity whatsoever.

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:40 AM
But you said it yourself. Obama is about campaigning. How is a 25 pt lead MONTHS IN ADVANCE important? Especially considering Obama people need his cradling and convincing?

Obama is still creating a coalition. Hillary has hers already. And in this state, hers won.

So in other words, Obama is better at raising money, is better able to donate to super delegates running for election this year, and because he spent a lot, and lost in a state very favorable to Clinton, the supder D's should suddenly doubt him?

What?

Maybe if Hillary wasn't inept, she'd have millions to waste in NC, and still be blown out, so we could make the same argument about Clinton. She didn't, though. How is that Obama's fault?

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:44 AM

Hillary is in debt. What little money she had she had to spend on overly negative campaigning that resonated with some in Pennsylvania which in itself isn't something to be proud of. Obama has money while Hillary has a negative balance. That is indeed profound.

Trimming a 25 point lead to 10 is strong. Minds were changed and opened and without having to resort to hateful tactics. This is a more than respectable showing in a state that should have been 100% Hillary if you listened to supporters like Rendell all because Hillary was one of them.

Hillary didn't close the deal in Pennsylvania. She won yes, and that is good for her. It means she can continue. But it's a sad state of affairs if the selling point down the line is a wait and see if Obama messes up rather than Hillary selling herself as what is best for the country. What is there that is good about Hillary if all she's waiting to show people is what is bad about Obama?

JUSTICE4ALL
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:46 AM
YES WE CAN! Our man, has taken the stage! :)

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:53 AM
Hillary's campaign has said that she raised about 500,000 dollars in the last hour.
Yeah right, :lol:

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:56 AM
Hillary is in debt. What little money she had she had to spend on overly negative campaigning that resonated with some in Pennsylvania which in itself isn't something to be proud of. Obama has money while Hillary has a negative balance. That is indeed profound.

Trimming a 25 point lead to 10 is strong. Minds were changed and opened and without having to resort to hateful tactics. This is a more than respectable showing in a state that should have been 100% Hillary if you listened to supporters like Rendell all because Hillary was one of them.

Hillary didn't close the deal in Pennsylvania. She won yes, and that is good for her. It means she can continue. But it's a sad state of affairs if the selling point down the line is a wait and see if Obama messes up rather than Hillary selling herself as what is best for the country. What is there that is good about Hillary if all she's waiting to show people is what is bad about Obama?

There are so many things great with her. Just like there are so many things great with Obama.

Again, how would you run against a rockstar? I think she is doing the right thing. No other way to run against a rockstar.

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:02 AM
YES WE CAN! Our man, has taken the stage! :)

As usual he's on point with his message. Congratulated her. No petty arguing, McCain is the target. I love his General Election speech. The crowd and enthusiasm is great.

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:03 AM
There are so many things great with her. Just like there are so many things great with Obama.

Again, how would you run against a rockstar? I think she is doing the right thing. No other way to run against a rockstar.

The idea that Obama is benefiting more from a cult of personality is silly. She's a CLINTON, for Christ's sakes.

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:03 AM
As usual he's on point with his message. Congratulated her. No petty arguing, McCain is the target. I love his General Election speech. The crowd and enthusiasm is great.

Yeah, it is. I love this man!!!

JUSTICE4ALL
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:04 AM
He is just so awwww inspiring, sounds like a winner to me, only 10 more states to go, before our man is the nominee! :) OBAMA YES WE CAN, I can't wait till May 06, North Carolina for Obama! :) YESSSS WE WILL in NC!

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:05 AM
I think it's 9 left but w/e! You live in NC?
Barack is AMAZING, :hearts:

kittyking
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:07 AM
Hillary needed to win by a landslide in Pennsylvania, and for a period of time this was looking likely as some polls had her 20 points up. Obama lost Pennsylvania but today almost certainly clinched the nomination for him (unless she beats Obama by 15-20% in the remaining states :lol:)

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:07 AM
The idea that Obama is benefiting more from a cult of personality is silly. She's a CLINTON, for Christ's sakes.

Both are cults. Look at Justice's argument that a black person should be ashamed for voting against him.

JUSTICE4ALL
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
Yes I do! He will defeat her by a 10 digit margin or higher! :)

IceHock
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
Both are cults. Look at Justice's argument that a black person should be ashamed for voting against him.

he also said white people voting for clinton are basicly morons, which comes across as very offensive.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:09 AM
he also said white people voting for clinton are basicly morons.

Yep. We're dumb. :( Pureracket already closed us dumb for liking Hillary anyway. :sad:

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Yes I do! He will defeat her by a 10 digit margin or higher! :)

Ok, now it's North Carolina and Indiana's turn to get the spotlight! Move on from my state that voted for Satan, :lol:

ys
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM
So, 10% win it is.. So we'll play on..:)

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:15 AM

They shouldn't be ashamed. I mean, some blacks voted for Bush. They should be proud of who they support.

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:18 AM
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9633/hillary11ambgv0.jpg

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:19 AM

Like women needing to vote for Hillary because she's a woman and this is the only chance to get a woman in is any better right? And if they aren't, these women are deemed traitors. A lot of generalizations have been made that some people have wanted to stick onto groups. This goes for black people in general, black women, white men, etc. Bill stated young people are just taken in by words and not really using their minds with Barack. Then there is the notion that Black people are somehow feeling pressure to vote for him although she originally had the larger black vote, yet lost it on her own with race baiting. Let us not forget how the Governor of the state wasn't shy about stating that there were some white people in his state that wouldn't vote for Obama because of his race - as if that was a selling point for Hillary. Offensive. In all this, I'm waiting for the unity bus to come along like it's been promised.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:23 AM
Like women needing to vote for Hillary because she's a woman and this is the only chance to get a woman in is any better right? And if they aren't, these women are deemed traitors. A lot of generalizations have been made that some people have wanted to stick onto groups. This goes for black people in general, black women, white men, etc. Bill stated young people are just taken in by words and not really using their minds with Barack. Then there is the notion that Black people are somehow feeling pressure to vote for him although she originally had the larger black vote, yet lost it on her own with race baiting. Let us not forget how the Governor of the state wasn't shy about stating that there were some white people in his state that wouldn't vote for Obama because of his race - as if that was a selling point for Hillary. Offensive. In all this, I'm waiting for the unity bus to come along like it's been promised.

I am, too.

It is going to be difficult for either candidate to unify this party. I just wish one of them was bad -- but both are so solid. Both literally have each half of the party. Old people are not extreme liberals, they'll be tempted to vote McCain who is a LIBERAL in the Republican sense. Latinos will hesitate to vote for Obama. THe same can be argued for her. Blacks will feel betrayed, etc. and not vote or vote for McCain. Young voters may not turn out.

Either way, there is a big problem for the party. Unlike the Republican one-race, one-people party, the Democratic Party is not a party but merely a coalition of nine or ten groups. And there are aboug 5 groups for each candidate. Not good at all.

plantman
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
He is just so awwww inspiring, sounds like a winner to me, only 10 more states to go, before our man is the nominee! :) OBAMA YES WE CAN, I can't wait till May 06, North Carolina for Obama! :) YESSSS WE WILL in NC!

Watch for H.R.C. to gain the momentum with this slogan....

"It's not enough to say 'Yes we can.' We have to say how we can,"

kittyking
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
Watch for H.R.C. to gain the momentum with this slogan....

"It's not enough to say 'Yes we can.' We have to say how we can,"

But theres slight one problem..............

..............................She can't :help:

plantman
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:34 AM

She's already begun....:)

kittyking
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:37 AM
She's already begun....:)

Thats nearly as funny as her lame joke about Helen Clark a few days ago :o

plantman
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:40 AM
Thats nearly as funny as her lame joke about Helen Clark a few days ago :o

right up there with Obama's 'Annie" :lol:

kittyking
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:46 AM

But Ron Pauls wins with his many comments/jokes/signs of retardation :p

treufreund
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:47 AM
Thank God the people of Pennsylvania see O'Faker for the scam he is. :D Hillary is clearly the best!!!

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:49 AM
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9633/hillary11ambgv0.jpg

So petty and immature, :rolleyes:

That joke had me laughing for a while and loud! :lol:

Infiniti2001
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:51 AM
So petty and immature, :rolleyes:

That joke had me laughing for a while and loud! :lol:

Take a look in the bloody mirror already :help:

Edward.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:03 AM
Thank God the people of Pennsylvania see O'Faker for the scam he is. :D Hillary is clearly the best!!!

Hilary fans calling Obama a faker, oh the irony.

But yeah, y'all be watching out for those snipers. :lol:

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:06 AM

:haha:

plantman
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:08 AM

Those bitter comments will come back to bite you in the ass time and time again. Just ask Obama!:lol:

Edward.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:17 AM
Those bitter comments will come back to bite you in the ass time and time again. Just ask Obama!:lol:

Bite him in the ass? Only the Hilary drones tried to make a big deal out of that. Hell, they probably don't even have the IQ to understand what "bitter" means. :tape: :lol:

And why should we be bitter? Barack is the nominee and there is nothing Clinton can do about it. :bounce:

plantman
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:44 AM
Bite him in the ass? Only the Hilary drones tried to make a big deal out of that. Hell, they probably don't even have the IQ to understand what "bitter" means. :tape: :lol:

And why should we be bitter? Barack is the nominee and there is nothing Clinton can do about it. :bounce:

Has he got the nod yet? NOPE!

kittyking
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:59 AM
Has he got the nod yet? NOPE!

Hillarys best shot at the nomination would be unleashing hell on Obama, but if she does that McCain would probably win come November. Hillary will not be the next President of America.

plantman
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Hillarys best shot at the nomination would be unleashing hell on Obama, but if she does that McCain would probably win come November. Hillary will not be the next President of America.

If not Hillary, McCain will win easily!

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
If Obama is outspending Hillary 3 to 1 and still loses by more than 5, that's a huge win for Hillary and it speaks bounds about Obama's true ability.

Congratulations Hillary! :D
But Hillary was up by more than 20 pts. and won by 10 in a state that is tailor made for her. She was also raised in Pa. so if Barack won it would have been an upset. Hillary has been expected to win Pa. all along so no surprise here. The more money Barack spends the more Hillary has to spend so it's really no big deal for Barack as far as spending money is concerned. He certainly can't take it with him.

Barack has shown his ability by still being in this race and ahead of Hillary because this race was suppose to be finished on Super Tuesday, with Hillary as the democratic nominee.

On to N.C.

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
:yeah:

don't forgot about those tobacco chewing, snuff dipping, confederate flag waving, Jesse Helms rednecks in rural part of N.C. A lot will depend on the turnout in the larger cities.

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
:lol::lol:

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Honestly, I thought ITZ was reasonably level headed a while ago, but now s/he has mutated into a tedious Clinton fanboy/Obama hater.

Spinning a 10 point lead into a success when Clinton was up 20/25 points a few weeks ago sums it up. No objectivity whatsoever.
That was a while ago but the more it looked like Clinton was losing the more bitter he became. :shrug:

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
I am not an Obama hater.

I am merely getting annoyed and ticked with the Obama agression on this board. If you love your supporter so much, take his lead and be more of a leader and a healer. He does not promote aggression or take down all who don't like me attitude.

And Edward, a 10 pt win when being outspent 3 to 1 is a huge victory for Hillary Clinton.

You're basing this on polls from MONTHS in advance. When, like the Obama camp loves to argue, including in the Florida case, Obama is all about campaigning and putting his name out there. Did you forget this argument or this apparent fact as you guys love to argue?

I will likely vote for Obama in November. I just want respect and the aggression to end. We're not wrong for liking Hillary, not dumb either.

Perhaps you should realize this.

Olórin
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
I really don't get those who say that Hillary is mainly staying in this to get her campaign out of debt. Seeing as she is spending whatever donations she gets simply to keep her campaign alive, I would've thought she was getting more in debt than anything.

It makes no sense.

LoveFifteen
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:18 PM

You can gloat all you want about Obama winning the nomination. Your smug attitude, coupled with the smug attitude of many Obama supporters, will do nothing but drive Clinton supporters away. You do realize that without ALL Clinton supporters on board for Obama in the general election, he will get crushed by McCain, right? The votes of "those stupid drones with low IQs" are utterly essential for Obama to get elected so why are you being so rude to the very people whose support your candidate desperately needs?

Here are the latest general election matchup polls for the 3 most important states:

General Election............McCain-Obama ...........McCain-Clinton

Pennsylvania ...............Obama +2.2% .............Clinton +6.2%

Ohio .......................McCain +2.6% .............Clinton +5.0%

Florida .....................McCain +11.7% ............McCain +0.3%

samsung101
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hillary Clinton has no legitimate reason to get out of the race.
If the tables were reversed, no one would expect him to drop out.

Out of over what, 28 million votes cast for the Democratic primaries,
with many more still to go...they are separated by 100,000 votes if you
do count Florida and Michigan.

She is only about 130 behind him in the delegate count.

After all these months and votes, neither is at the 2,025 mark for the
nomination.

He's been the #1 guy for 3 months, and he can't put her away yet. Why?

He outspent her nearly 3 to 1 in ads in PA, mostly in the past month.
She was busted for the tarmack sniper lies. She still won.

A campaign has pros and cons, ups and downs, and negative and postiive. He
wants to ignore his own negatives when others point them out.
Wright. Ayers & Weather Underground friendship. Rezko. Liberal status.
Liberal votes in the Congress. Flip flops on foreign policy ideas. Tax hikes.
The guy never wants to be questioned about his own actions, associations, and
votes. What is there left to ask about?

Anyway...it's his race to put away, and he should have done it by now. He should
still win this outright sooner than later. But, he's been messed up in the fight,
and McCain says thanks for the hints, and the help.

Edward.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
You can gloat all you want about Obama winning the nomination. Your smug attitude, coupled with the smug attitude of many Obama supporters, will do nothing but drive Clinton supporters away. You do realize that without ALL Clinton supporters on board for Obama in the general election, he will get crushed by McCain, right? The votes of "those stupid drones with low IQs" are utterly essential for Obama to get elected so why are you being so rude to the very people whose support your candidate desperately needs?

Here are the latest general election matchup polls for the 3 most important states:

General Election............McCain-Obama ...........McCain-Clinton

Pennsylvania ...............Obama +2.2% .............Clinton +6.2%

Ohio .......................McCain +2.6% .............Clinton +5.0%

Florida .....................McCain +11.7% ............McCain +0.3%

Oh, thats right, the Hilary fans are the angelic ones, the ones who don't constantly insult Barack and his fans, pluck "facts" out of thin air, and disregard statistical findings that don't suit them. The Barack fans are the terrible fans who have the cheek to defend and stand by their nominee. We tell it like it is....Hilary is toast and has been toast for months, yet we get burned for stating this.

Come on 0-15. Don't lump yourself with the monotonous Hilary dummies. I respect you a hell of a lot and I know you're alot smarter than that. Yes, some of the Obama fans are abrasive at times (myself included) but the Hilary fanbase is the one who has been churning out endless shit for weeks now and you can't blame us for calling it like it is and taking them down a peg or two when needed.

samsung101
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
I also find it funny that when he loses, it is presumed the people must be rednecks, truck drivers,
gun lovers, knuckles on the ground type of people.

He has accumlated only about half the total votes cast for the Democrats. He's not pulling in voters
across the board in every state he has been in.

He lost California. He campaigned hard here, and the ads were non-stop.

The most liberal, far flung state of Democrats around, and he lost to her. Not exactly a confederate
flag type of place over here.

Obama can be condenscending. He can come across as East Coast elitist. Ivy League snob. Down, down, down
on America from his wife and him, that grows old. We have problems, as any nation does, and in hard times,
it's easy to be negative. But, that doesn't mean people hate their own country, and sometimes, that's the
message his wife and he give off: they don't like anything about America.
Hillary is a known commodity, with or without Bill, and she is tough. Can't say she isn't a tough
as nails persona. Charming, warm, friendly, brilliant speaker? No way....., but, tough, yes.

samsung101
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
The tolerant left, anyone who disagrees with you, votes against your person, is a redneck drone, or right wing
gun toting loser.

Lots of people in America don't want a higher tax rate for everyone (sorry, it would be for everyone when they
finish raising all the taxes WAshingon, D.C. can, i.e.), larger govt. for anything other than national security,
more federal control over everything, more pro-abortion govt., weaker foreign policy that capitulates to terrorist
sponsoring nations like Iran, national health care run by a fed. govt. that can't even run the IRS or Medicare
correctly right now, and judges legislating from the bench....or a president who is pals with the Weather
Underground and racist pastors and indicted financiers for 20 years.

They just have a different view of a liberal Chicago Senator than you do.
Just as many don't like a moderate Senator from Arizona. A guy even many
Republicans can't stomach.

LoveFifteen
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:50 PM
Oh, thats right, the Hilary fans are the angelic ones, the ones who don't constantly insult Barack and his fans, pluck "facts" out of thin air, and disregard statistical findings that don't suit them. The Barack fans are the terrible fans who have the cheek to defend and stand by their nominee. We tell it like it is....Hilary is toast and has been toast for months, yet we get burned for stating this.

Come on 0-15. Don't lump yourself with the monotonous Hilary dummies. I respect you a hell of a lot and I know you're alot smarter than that. Yes, some of the Obama fans are abrasive at times (myself included) but the Hilary fanbase is the one who has been churning out endless shit for weeks now and you can't blame us for calling it like it is and taking them down a peg or two when needed.

I am not saying that Hillary supports are all saints, nor am I demonizing all Obama supporters. I am merely saying that either candidate will need the full backing of the other candidate's supporters in the general election, or McCain will win.

We Democrats need to recognize that neither candidate is scoring a resounding victory. If Michigan and Florida had been held as normal primaries, the race would be even closer. Both Clinton and Obama have huge problems appealing to half of their own party, much less the greater American public in a general election. There is no way either one can win the general election without enthusiastic support from the other's supporters.

So, all Democratic supporters should resist the temptation to trash Clinton supporters or Obama supporters. It serves no purpose and it will only alienate people from voting Democrat in the general election.

Edward.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
I am not saying that Hillary supports are all saints, nor am I demonizing all Obama supporters. I am merely saying that either candidate will need the full backing of the other candidate's supporters in the general election, or McCain will win.

We Democrats need to recognize that neither candidate is scoring a resounding victory. If Michigan and Florida had been held as normal primaries, the race would be even closer. Both Clinton and Obama have huge problems appealing to half of their own party, much less the greater American public in a general election. There is no way either one can win the general election without enthusiastic support from the other's supporters.

So, all Democratic supporters should resist the temptation to trash Clinton supporters or Obama supporters. It serves no purpose and it will only alienate people from voting Democrat in the general election.

Totally agreed on that mate.

Problem is should Clinton win, can you really see her whole-heartedly endorsing Obama and encouraging her supporters to do the same? I can't see it somehow.

homogenius
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM

The truth

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM

Well said. The aggression on both sides needs to end.

In fact, Obama himself is showing great leadership in a time like this. He is often complimenting and congratulating Hillary in recent days. Perhaps because he realizes he needs her voters to win as well as Hillary's support? The two need each other unconditionally. They need to realize this. As do we.

The same can be said for Hillary if she wins.

Edward.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Well said. The aggression on both sides needs to end.

In fact, Obama himself is showing great leadership in a time like this. He is often complimenting and congratulating Hillary in recent days. Perhaps because he realizes he needs her voters to win as well as Hillary's support? The two need each other unconditionally. They need to realize this. As do we.

The same can be said for Hillary if she wins.

Obama has been congratulating and complimenting Hilary right from the start. He obviously respects her an awful lot, and he must find it incredibly frustrating that she is resorting to right-wing tactics to forward her campaign, rather than letting her virtues (and yes she does have them) do the talking.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Obama has been congratulating and complimenting Hilary right from the start. He obviously respects her an awful lot, and he must find it incredibly frustrating that she is resorting to right-wing tactics to forward her campaign, rather than letting her virtues (and yes she does have them) do the talking.

In a perfect world, this could have been a "friends" race with good images. But this is also about the Presidency of the United States. I actually think this process is quite strong for Obama. Because as the polls have shown, the more negative she gets, the greater he does. It's really creating a solid image for him. Despite his apparent negatives, he is such a strong contender. But so is she. That's what makes this race so irritating. Where was one of them in 2004? Now we have TWO amazing potential candidates. It's just a shame.

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:10 PM

:worship:

Again, how would you run against a rockstar? I think she is doing the right thing. No other way to run against a rockstar.I didn't realize that Obama was a rockstar, wasn't it Bill that played the trumpet?

They shouldn't be ashamed. I mean, some blacks voted for Bush. They should be proud of who they support.
Would you be proud if you voted for Bush?

May be offensive but true.

I am, too.

It is going to be difficult for either candidate to unify this party. I just wish one of them was bad -- but both are so solid. Both literally have each half of the party. Old people are not extreme liberals, they'll be tempted to vote McCain who is a LIBERAL in the Republican sense. Latinos will hesitate to vote for Obama. THe same can be argued for her. Blacks will feel betrayed, etc. and not vote or vote for McCain. Young voters may not turn out.

Either way, there is a big problem for the party. Unlike the Republican one-race, one-people party, the Democratic Party is not a party but merely a coalition of nine or ten groups. And there are aboug 5 groups for each candidate. Not good at all.

True. Once again it looks like the dems. will shoot themselves in the foot.

I am not an Obama hater.
ummh
I am merely getting annoyed and ticked with the Obama agression on this board. If you love your supporter so much, take his lead and be more of a leader and a healer. He does not promote aggression or take down all who don't like me attitude.Right and sit there while Hillary kicks him in the mouth. :lol: You're either blind or naive if you don't think we get equally annoyed with the Clinton supporters bullshit towards us. The problem is that you only see it from one side and that is your side.

And Edward, a 10 pt win when being outspent 3 to 1 is a huge victory for Hillary Clinton.Hillary should be up in every state since she's so much better than Barack according to some. She has Bill a popular ex-president campaigning for her, the Clinton spend machine, as well as many people that owed them from the past. They've been around longer so of course she's going to have a larger constituent than Barack.

The only reason Barack outspent Hillary was because he could and I think that was a great strategy. Not only did he close the gap but made Hillary's camp spend more of their money.

You're basing this on polls from MONTHS in advance. When, like the Obama camp loves to argue, including in the Florida case, Obama is all about campaigning and putting his name out there. Did you forget this argument or this apparent fact as you guys love to argue?:shrug:

I will likely vote for Obama in November. That's interesting, you just said you were going to vote for Nada.
I just want respect and the aggression to end. We're not wrong for liking Hillary, not dumb either.As so we. You have to give respect to get it. Just like you defend Hillary, we'll defend Barack but at least be able to admit that it goes both ways.

Edward.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
In a perfect world, this could have been a "friends" race with good images. But this is also about the Presidency of the United States. I actually think this process is quite strong for Obama. Because as the polls have shown, the more negative she gets, the greater he does. It's really creating a solid image for him. Despite his apparent negatives, he is such a strong contender. But so is she. That's what makes this race so irritating. Where was one of them in 2004? Now we have TWO amazing potential candidates. It's just a shame.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Its a shame, because with full party unity, either Hilary or Barack would demolish McCain in November.

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM

:worship:

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:18 PM

That's a lot better, thank you.:worship: One thing that the Clinton supporters continue to say is that with Fl. and Michigan it would have been much closer. Since there was no campaigning in either state it's all speculation. Of course if they voted now after Hillary saying how disenfranchised they are even though she agreed that their votes wouldn't count, I'm sure she'd get the majority of votes there.

doni1212
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
don't forgot about those tobacco chewing, snuff dipping, confederate flag waving, Jesse Helms rednecks in rural part of N.C. A lot will depend on the turnout in the larger cities.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all them, :lol:

Totally agreed on that mate.

Problem is should Clinton win, can you really see her whole-heartedly endorsing Obama and encouraging her supporters to do the same? I can't see it somehow.

Me either, :shrug:

homogenius
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:37 PM

This post made me think of something.
As it was posted in this thread or another and as this board shows, a majority of blacks will vote for Obama.I was just curious to know : If Obama was Republican would you still vote for him or would it be impossible for you ?

matthias
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
may i´m a bit stupid, but why not giving Hiallry a run, and led her 8yrs and then Obama could take over, he is still young enough then

if they are really able to make good politic the democrats would have a 16yrs reign

LoveFifteen
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
That's a lot better, thank you.:worship: One thing that the Clinton supporters continue to say is that with Fl. and Michigan it would have been much closer. Since there was no campaigning in either state it's all speculation. Of course if they voted now after Hillary saying how disenfranchised they are even though she agreed that their votes wouldn't count, I'm sure she'd get the majority of votes there.

I think the demographics of both Michigan and Florida strongly favor Clinton. Michigan is very similar to Pennsylvania and Ohio. I think Hillary would win both states no matter how much Obama campaigned there.

Regardless, whoever wins the nomination needs to be extremely humble and admit that the popular vote had a difference of less than 1%. Both candidates desperately need the other's supporters, and frankly, I don't envision either one winning unless they become a joint ticket.

Both need to swallow their pride and get along for the good of the country.

In The Zone
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
I said I would consider voting Nader out of protest for Hillary. But if she lost, she would have lost fairly. And after thought, that is what the Republicans want out of this. On policies, I do like Obama. With Hillary, I trust her. With him, I hope he comes through on his gay policies because that's the only thing that attracts me to him. I wouldn't have a problem voting for him if the election were tomorrow.

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
This post made me think of something.
As it was posted in this thread or another and as this board shows, a majority of blacks will vote for Obama.I was just curious to know : If Obama was Republican would you still vote for him or would it be impossible for you ?
Don't know exactly why you're asking but if condoleeza ran as a republican I wouldn't vote for her because of her politics but if Barack stood for what he stands for now, I'd still vote for him. If he campaigned on the republican platform then absolutely not.

mykarma
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
I think the demographics of both Michigan and Florida strongly favor Clinton. Michigan is very similar to Pennsylvania and Ohio. I think Hillary would win both states no matter how much Obama campaigned there.

Regardless, whoever wins the nomination needs to be extremely humble and admit that the popular vote had a difference of less than 1%. Both candidates desperately need the other's supporters, and frankly, I don't envision either one winning unless they become a joint ticket.

Both need to swallow their pride and get along for the good of the country.
I wouldn't mind Hillary but can't take Hillary and Bill together. Plus, I don't think Hillary will take the VP position. But do agree that it's probably the only way the dems can win at this time.

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:38 PM
When one candidate claims that she and the Republican candidate love this country, both have passed the threshold of Commander in Chief, and the fellow Democrate only has a speech, how does a joint ticket work? How does a joint ticket work with Bittergate, Wrightgate for example?

I'm not trying to pick at a scab here, but I think there are serious issues here where words and statements have been put out there that have been harmful not just to the candidates, but words and statements that have been directed towards the supporters of candidates and I'm not sure simply putting these two together is enough. On the other hand I can't tell you the answer either but I personally never thought such things would be said in this process within the Democratic primary.

égalité
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:44 PM

I think you are one of the most loathesome human beings I've ever come across in my entire life.

Hillary Clinton is a fucking democrat. Did you know?

Hillary supporters don't hate Obama like Obama supporters hate Hillary. The divisiveness that you engender is going to win the election for McCain. Thanks.

Pureracket
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Hillary supporters don't hate Obama like Obama supporters hate Hillary.

Egalite,
You're lying.

homogenius
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
Don't know exactly why you're asking but if condoleeza ran as a republican I wouldn't vote for her because of her politics but if Barack stood for what he stands for now, I'd still vote for him. If he campaigned on the republican platform then absolutely not.

Ok.Thanks for the answer.

égalité
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Egalite,
You're lying.

Fine, I preface it with "in my personal experience," then.

I know a whole lot of Obama supporters that "just don't like Hillary, don't really have a good reason." I've never heard anyone say that about Obama. I know a few Obama supporters who've joined those pathetic "STOP HILLARY CLINTON!!!" groups on Facebook. She's a democrat. I can't wrap my head around this. :banghead: The only other choice is McCain.

I like Obama. He's probably going to get the nomination and I'll gladly vote for him.

On another note, I know some people have a problem with Obama's race being a deciding factor in how black people are voting (and in Hillary's gender deciding how some women are voting). I absolutely do not. I know if there were a gay presidential candidate, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. Presidential candidates from minority groups would do anything and everything just as well as a white male heterosexual president, but with the added insight of coming from a typically marginalized population- insight that would enable him/her to improve the condition of the group to which he/she belongs. So basically what we need is a black hispanic lesbian Muslim for a president and everything will be peachy keen. Until then, I won't be satisfied. :p

Just putting it out there.

Pureracket
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:57 PM
Fine, I preface it with "in my personal experience," then.

I know a whole lot of Obama supporters that "just don't like Hillary, don't really have a good reason." I've never heard anyone say that about Obama. I know a few Obama supporters who've joined those pathetic "STOP HILLARY CLINTON!!!" groups on Facebook. She's a democrat. I can't wrap my head around this. :banghead: The only other choice is McCain.

I like Obama. He's probably going to get the nomination and I'll gladly vote for him.Cool. I see your point, then. We both have had personal experience.

Nationally, though, more HRC supporters would vote for McSame than BHO supporters.

~Eclipsed~
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
may i´m a bit stupid, but why not giving Hiallry a run, and led her 8yrs and then Obama could take over, he is still young enough then

if they are really able to make good politic the democrats would have a 16yrs reign

I don't think we could envision something like presidency that simply. Who knows where anyone, more importantly this country will be in 8 years time.

I said I would consider voting Nader out of protest for Hillary. But if she lost, she would have lost fairly. And after thought, that is what the Republicans want out of this. On policies, I do like Obama. With Hillary, I trust her. With him, I hope he comes through on his gay policies because that's the only thing that attracts me to him. I wouldn't have a problem voting for him if the election were tomorrow.

I thought Hilary was for gay rights and Obama was against it. :confused:

Donny
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
I think you are one of the most loathesome human beings I've ever come across in my entire life.

So is Zell Miller. So? She is the human embodiment of EVERYTHING that is wrong with the democratic party.

Hillary supporters don't hate Obama like Obama supporters hate Hillary.

I don't hate Hillary. I pity her, at this point.

The divisiveness that you engender is going to win the election for McCain. Thanks.

So Clinton supporters vote based on the action's of other voters? Really? That's incredibly dumb.

In The Zone
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I thought Hilary was for gay rights and Obama was against it. :confused:

Both are reasonably for gay rights. It could be argued that Obama is more for gay rights. However, many stories/articles have refuted this. Either way, both are for it. Obama has openly discussed many options/actions he would do for it, such as the 100% repeal of DOMA ( Hillary would modify it ) while Hillary has referred to civil unions and benefits through partnership for medical care and life insurance, etc.

mykarma
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:38 AM

Hillary supporters don't hate Obama like Obama supporters hate Hillary. The divisiveness that you engender is going to win the election for McCain. Thanks.
I think you have it backwards, all of the polls state the more Hillary supporters would vote for McCain than the other way around. There are even some of them on this board. Yeah, Barack is a fucking Democrat, do they know that. :shrug: