PDA

View Full Version : Padam, Padam

twight6
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:00 AM
I have a question about Edith Piaf's song "Padam Padam"

lyrics: http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858707162

I understand the song literally, like translated into english, but is there like a deeper meaning to it? I mean she's singing about air following her and what not... Can anyone simplify what it means?

XaDavK_Kapri
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
The word "air" in that song refers to a melody or a tune. Said melody being "padam, padam". This song is pretty much about a melody that reminds her of the past and all kinds of things she's experienced. Hope it helps :)

PatrickRyan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:50 AM
I never knew what the song meant, but I loved it anyways!!! :hearts:

Haute
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:09 AM
The word "air" in that song refers to a melody or a tune. Said melody being "padam, padam". This song is pretty much about a melody that reminds her of the past and all kinds of things she's experienced. Hope it helps :)

That's a wonderful basis for a song. :) Edith Piaf :worship:

twight6
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:18 AM

Yes that helps a lot, thank you!

Edith's music is so incredible :hearts: Absolutely amazing- her voice, the background music, the tunes, the deeper meanings... all of it :worship:

Haute
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:23 AM
If you haven't heard it before, look for Mon Dieu. :worship: :worship:

Apoleb
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:15 AM
Like most of her songs, it's very deep and sad.

Even Milord which sounds very joyous is about a prostitute pleasing a heartbroken man, and you get all those innuendos about sex.

PatrickRyan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:49 AM
If you haven't heard it before, look for Mon Dieu. :worship: :worship:

I almost cry every time I hear that song.
Here's a video of her performing it with english subtitles http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2byhx_edith-piaf-mon-dieu-english-subtitl_shortfilms
It was written about her lover Marcel who was killed in a plane crash.

Haute
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:01 AM
I almost cry every time I hear that song.
Here's a video of her performing it with english subtitles http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2byhx_edith-piaf-mon-dieu-english-subtitl_shortfilms
It was written about her lover Marcel who was killed in a plane crash.

Thank you for the video!!

And I did cry watching La Vie En Rose when she realized that Marcel had died. :sad:

up!
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:52 PM
Padam is Paris in slang right ?

PatrickRyan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Thank you for the video!!

And I did cry watching La Vie En Rose when she realized that Marcel had died. :sad:

Me too! I get chills every time I watch that scene.

Yasmine
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Padam is Paris in slang right ?
Nope;) Paname is :)

drake3781
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
I don't have anything to add, but just wanted to be in this thread, because i like EP, and need that dot in the icon to keep up with it. :lol:

*Jool*
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Padam, padam is probably one of the best songs EVER

Edith Piaf :worship:

twight6
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Padam, padam is probably one of the best songs EVER

Edith Piaf :worship:

Agreed :bowdown:

Her songs are really the only foreign language songs that I really like... and will listen to over and over again!

*Jool*
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
beautiful love songs are universal :angel: