PDA

View Full Version : GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
For anyone wanting to know what the recommended weight is for your height, here is an online calculator:

http://bmicalc.org/weight-for-height-calculator

I originally created this thread back in 08 when I did the Master Cleanser (the lemonade diet) for the very first time. Since then I've done it on three other occasions. No more fad diets or quick fixes I've hired a trainer and through the old fashioned way of exercise and healthy eating I'm attempting to get in better shape.

If anyone else is working out- trying a new diet- or weight loss program use this thread to share ur experiences and as means if supporting one another.

Everyone was a real help to me back when I did my 20 day fast so maybe others can get encouraged.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1

The rules: No food what so ever for 20 days. I'm allowing myself to drink liquids

I tried to stay busy so I wouldn't obsess about food. I've been doing that Lemon cleanser drink (Lemon juice, Cyan Pepper, grade B Maple Syrup) it's the cleanser Beyonce did for two weeks. I had that for breakfast and diner, for lunch I had green tea. Supposedly the lemonade drink has all the sustenance your body needs for up to 40 days with no food. I'm going to just stick with that for the first 10 days, then the last 10 days I'll start drinking juices and milk.

My cousin cooked lamb-chops for diner and the smell of them baking was driving me insane. Strangely enough, when I went in the kitchen to get some lemonade I actually found comfort being around the food and smelling it. Watching Top Chef tonight was torture though! I've never been disciplined or ever had a lot of self-control, I'm more of a chill laid back spontaneous guy, who goes with the flow. I can see now this is going to be a battle of wills and self-discipline, as well as a spiritual journey.

I've been praying and when I remind myself why I'm doing it that motivates me to keep going- well it has for two days anyway...lol

I still have a slight headache, but surprisingly I have lots of energy. Thanks again to everyone, not just for the encouraging words, but also for the safety information. To be honest I didn't look into the safety concerns too much, like I said I'm a spontaneous chap. But the little I read on the Lemonade Died (The Master Cleanser) is that it's totally safe for up to 40 days- you have to take it with a laxative so you flush your system out. Cleansing my system was more of an after thought, but it looks to be a safe way to go without food for so long.

I'll update this thread probably twice a day. Wish me luck everybody! :wavey:

abercrombieguy23
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
whoaa kudos to you man....

i could never do that...

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
I've done 21 days quite a few times. You can do it. Just think about the wonderful(clean) feeling you'll have afterwards. Also, get a good support system. Lack of carbs for that long can bring about depression.

V-MAC
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
That's cool but maybe you'd get more out of it if you turned it into a sponsered fast and so collect some money for a charity of your preference while your at it. I'm sure people would donate

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:43 PM
Hopefully you won't become more of a bitch in the next 20 days. :lol:

Direwolf
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM
I tried to do this YOGURT/MILK and H2O Juice...
fresh JuICE...
one week diet...

but after 3 days...
i was almost out of my weekly budget..
cuz i drank tooo much

joyforall
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:43 AM
you're not gonna eat for 20 days? and only consume liquids??

whoa, that's kewl!!! how bout fruit?
just good luck! blessings for ya!

starin
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:48 AM
be careful when you start eating again. I'm not sure if 20 days is long enough but I have heard that if you don't eat for a long time and then suddenly eat a lot you can die. So once you get off the fast you have to ease back slowly into eating again.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:27 AM
End of Day 1

Alright so I made it through my first full day. I do have a light headache, but I guess that's to be expected. TV is horrible, all they do is show commercials for food. I guess I never really noticed- and everything looks so delicious. Even though I'm not around food, I swear I can smell it in the air. Day 1 wasn't so bad, but I've got a long way to go- I'm counting on tomorrow being much more difficult.

Thanks for all the well wishes- I'll keep you guys posted.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
I've done 21 days quite a few times. You can do it. Just think about the wonderful(clean) feeling you'll have afterwards. Also, get a good support system. Lack of carbs for that long can bring about depression.
Hearing you've done it before is encouraging- does it get any easier or is each day going to get worse? ...and I didn't know that tid-bit about the carbs.

Hopefully you won't become more of a bitch in the next 20 days.
That's character assassination, I'm sweet and lovable... before Ashanti, we got a long so well. Hell, we even made it through Hillary-Obama- people we actually care about. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/hug001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

I have heard that if you don't eat for a long time and then suddenly eat a lot you can die.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/shocked003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) I had no idea, thanks for letting me know!

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
DAY 2

I've been getting so many PMs from people wishing me luck- I appreciate the support and advice!. To my surprise, I woke up this morning feeling fine, I''m not hungry at all. I'm a breakfast eater and I'm always hungry when I wake up, so that's a good sign. I'm off from work for the next two and half weeks, so being home with free time is going to make it that much more of a challenge. I had planned to work out, but so many of you advised me not to partake in any physical activity, so I think I'll hold off on that. So far so good!

LudwigDvorak
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Can you lose weight from fasting? Anything fairly significant? I'd never thought about it. I know you didn't go into this thinking that (I don't think anyway), but I'm just curious.

Good luck! I hadn't eaten McDonald's in over a year and I just had three of their biscuits this morning because I was so hungry. :help: Goes to show, I suppose.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
^I'm sure I'm going to probably drop a significant amount of weight that's just a side benefit though. Since I've never done this I don't know if I'm going to gain it back when I start eating again. When I'm done I'll let you know how much weight I've dropped.

lympyisthebest
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
Wow, 20 days is no mean feat. Best of luck to you.

Direwolf
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
For breakfast i had chocolate cake
lunch..
french fries, crispy fried chicken and spaghetti...
and of course sundae..

evening...
i had another kind of pasta with spaghetti sauce...
and this swirly pasta with white sauce
and vegetable salad...
of course i had pineapple juice as a drink
with high fiber..!!

oooh...!

and when i got home..
i had 2 strawberry yogurts..!!

and now...
im thinking of eating..

hehe..
j/k...

but i'll post picts next time..

BigB08822
Apr 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
How do you maintain your energy? Are you taking any kind of supplements? I know that it is actually NATURAL for a human to go many days without eating but after a day of not eating I get dizzy and feel like I will crash! Best of luck!

Dodoboy.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:31 PM
GL Sir!

I hope thi is safe :hug:

Seems like a lot of time without food :scared:

I couldn't do it, i cycle everywhere and i need some energy and i tend to pass out a lot so :lol:

Pureracket
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hearing you've done it before is encouraging- does it get any easier or is each day going to get worse? ...and I didn't know that tid-bit about the carbs.It'll get easier after a while, yes. The headaches will go away, but your energy will go down. Also, be careful of encroaching depression and moodiness.

I cheated by chewing sugar free gum, and I wanted to watch everything on the Food Network(Paula Dean is going to kill somebody one day from all that butter. Do you know she even uses it to cook fish? I digress....).

Make sure you get your fluids/water. Also, light exercise activity is nice, but expect to cramp from time to time if it's too strenous.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:07 PM
I'm not trying to hate but why now?
Couldn't you have done this fast with the Moslems, Jews, or the Catholics, where you could have had over a billion people supporting you and you supporting them?
You don't have to become one, but you know with a billion people by your side, it's hard to quit.

Spring is the worse time year to do this.
You think of spring and summer treats that you haven't had for a year.
Ice cream, water ice, funnel cake, etc.

I wish you the best but you know, I guess it could be worse.
You could have made a twenty day fast with thanksgiving in the middle.

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:12 AM
I don't want to look this up right now, but I know I have read that when fasting you have to do something else - I forget exactly what - and this is really necessary and very dangerous if you don't. Have you read up on the safety of just fasting before doing it?

Maybe I will look it up in a while.

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:21 AM
I don't want to look this up right now, but I know I have read that when fasting you have to do something else - I forget exactly what - and this is really necessary and very dangerous if you don't. Have you read up on the safety of just fasting before doing it?

Maybe I will look it up in a while.

The urine will become thick with waste matter and body poisons being thrown off during the fasting process, and the bowels will also have their share of waste material to deal with. But during a fast the usual peristaltic process which makes bowel action possible is suspended ; so that, if auto-intoxication is to be avoided, i.e., if one is not to a certain extent to reabsorb one's own poisons back again into the system, it is imperative that the bowels should be cleansed daily whilst fasting with the warm-water enema.
This is a very simple procedure, but if neglected, much of the value of the fast will have been wasted. Auto-intoxication is the greatest danger to guard against when fasting ', but if the enema is used as stated, the danger is easily avoided.

===========================

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:29 AM
....it is imperative that the bowels should be cleansed daily whilst fasting with the warm-water enema.

This is a very simple procedure, but if neglected, much of the value of the fast will have been wasted.

Auto-intoxication is the greatest danger to guard against when fasting ', but if the enema is used as stated, the danger is easily avoided.
Thanks for that! Do you think taking a daily laxative will help to get the poisons out of my body- or do you think I actually have to do the enema thing as well?

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Thanks for that! Do you think taking a daily laxative will help to get the poisons out of my body- or do you think I actually have to do the enema thing as well?

I realy don't know but I think the enema thing. Maybe you could do it every other day, though. I started reading a lot about fasting based on your thread, and a lot of these people are doing colonic irrigation. So I think the enema would be best. I've never done one so I don't know how easy or difficult they are to do, but the article says it is very simple.

azza
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:55 AM
hahahahahaha im guessing ur doing this becuz ur one of those ppl who eat then throw it up the second u have a chance

no srzlly wtf is the point pf starving urself

Destiny
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Hope you can do it
Lord knows i can't
Really take care with this coz it can get dangerous:scared:

:wavey:

flyingmachine
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
wow :eek:
This is not a thing to do for the faint hearted. I don't think I could do that.
Anyway, best of luck Sir. :hug:

Boreas
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Is there any difference between fasting and starving?
And how does it help to your health...

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
no srzlly wtf is the point pf starving urself
According to Christians if you fast for spiritual purposes you have to always do it in secrecy and with humility. Well I'm definitely doing it with humility, but I decided to share it openly to honor god publicly. Because I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm doing this for god, I figure that's even more of a reason to make myself talk openly about it. We have our own ways to get closer to god, and I couldn't think of a better sacrifice, especially since I'm one of those people who loves to eat- the best food is better than the best sex!

Is there any difference between fasting and starving?

And how does it help to your health...
The main improvement I'm hoping to get is more of a spiritual one than a physical one, but from what I've read about the Master Cleanser (Lemonade Diet) there are a lot of phyiscall advantages to get out of it too:

* Helps dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion ......that have formed in any part of the body

* Helps cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system

* Helps purify the glands and cells

* Helps eliminate unusable waste and hardened material ......in the joints and muscles

* Helps build a healthy blood stream

* Helps relieve pressure and
......irritation in the nerves, arteries and blood vessels

* Helps with weight loss

So for the first ten days I'm doing the Lemonade Cleanser, then the last 10 days I'm moving on to juices and milk. If you want to read more about the Master Cleanser, here's a link: http://www.bc1.com/~vitagem/Master_Cleanser.htm

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Day 3

Just like yesterday I woke up with no appetite. It's usually by mid-day that I start to get really hungry. I'm noticing that if I drink a lot and try to keep my mind busy and pray it really helps to curb my appetite. The only time it really gets hard is when I think that I'm only on day 3 and I have 17 more days to go. When I think about it like that it really starts to mess with my mind- I start thinking that I'll never make it that long. I'm trying to focus on one day at a time because looking ahead just makes my task seem impossible. I wish I was working or had something to do, I think that would help the hours pass by quicker.

Michael!
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:29 PM
:yeah:
Good luck for the next days! ;)
I can´t do that :tape:, that´s really impressive!

How many weight have you lost? :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
:eek: :bolt: :tape: :bowdown:

I can't even live without eating for like more than 8 hours.:o :o :o

Go Sir Stefwhit!!!:rocker2:

hellas719
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Are you an Eastern Orthodox Christian? I am. We have to fast for 40 days, without eating meat, and without eating dairy for the 1st day, and the last week. All Orthodox tennis players probably do this, but some just do no meat on wednesdays and fridays. Our Easter is this sunday. Players from countries like Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia and Romania do this. Greek-Cypriots like Baghdatis also do this.

drake3781
Apr 24th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Day 3

Just like yesterday I woke up with no appetite. It's usually by mid-day that I start to get really hungry. I'm noticing that if I drink a lot and try to keep my mind busy and pray it really helps to curb my appetite. The only time it really gets hard is when I think that I'm only on day 3 and I have 17 more days to go. When I think about it like that it really starts to mess with my mind- I start thinking that I'll never make it that long. I'm trying to focus on one day at a time because looking ahead just makes my task seem impossible. I wish I was working or had something to do, I think that would help the hours pass by quicker.

After about day 5 it supposedly gets much easier, so hang in there the next couple of days.

Not so sure about your plan to drink milk. You might want to read up on that, and keep to juice. Fruit and vegetable. Any way you can get a juicer and make fresh veg?

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 25th, 2008, 03:36 AM
End of Day 3

Well I've made it through yet another day. There were a couple of time throughout the day where I had some intense cravings, but for the most part I was ok. I find myself watching the Food Network a lot- strange I couldn't look at food on tv the first couple of days, but now I find it comforting. I'm sooooo over that nasty lemonade! I'm still taking it and I'm going to keep taking it, but it's all the sudden like torture to get it down. My biggest problem is how frequent I'm urinating. I pee like every 15 minutes- it's funny cuz it's completely clear. Tomorrow I'm leaving the house- I didn't step outside once today, that can't be good. The headaches are still there, but my cravings aren't nearly as strong as before, so that's good. And I still feel energetic.

till next time....

drake3781
Apr 25th, 2008, 03:57 AM
After the fast - what to do -

POST-FAST

DAY 1 after
It is extremely important to break a fast correctly. Never take cooked food of any kind as your first meal. The best food to eat in the morning is a bowl of fruit consisting of mostly papaya. Take two probiotic supplements afterwards. 1 ½ hour later take a psyllium shake.
You may drink vegetable and fruit juices freely all day. Remember the law of food combining.
Lunchtime is a vegetable salad with lemon and olive oil followed with two probiotics.
Dinner is vegetable broth and a salad followed by two probiotics.
Take two probiotics before bed.

This first day is easy, no discomfort. The cleanser powder keeps the entire digestive tract "full" and the nutrients keep the blood well nourished with basic requirements.
DAY 2 after
Start out the day the same as the previous day. Remember to take two probiotics after each meal and two before bedtime. Drink at least 1 psyllium shake during the day.
DAY 3 after
Follow the same as the previous day but you may add steamed vegetables to your evening meal. Take 1 probiotic before bed every night until your bottle is empty.
Try to maintain a 80% raw food diet.
DAY 4 after
You may now return to your normal diet, but be careful about what you eat. No candy, cola, white starch, or other "junk" food. Do not mix starch as bread and rice together with protein such as meat and seafood. If you eat carbohydrates like bread, rice, and noodles, avoid meat and fish. If you eat meat and fish, do not mix with rice, noodles, and bread. This will prevent putrefaction and fermentation of food in the digestive tract, which causes accumulation of toxic waste. Try to eat at least one meal per day entirely of raw food, such as vegetable salad or fruit (but not both at the same meal). Continue to take one dose of psyllium powder per day for at least one weeks. It will keep the digestive tract clean and keep everything moving. In fact, it's a good idea to continue taking psyllium powder once a day, or once every 2-3 days, permanently.

hwanmig
Apr 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I don't think I'd last that long. Maybe during famines.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 25th, 2008, 02:49 PM
drake3781 I think that information you posted on post-fasting is specific to a certain program. I don't even know what psyllium is? I do think there's some general stuff in there that's still applicable to what I'm doing (10 days of Master Cleanser Lemonade and 10 days of other types of liquids).

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Day 4

The worse part of my morning was watching Federer beat Nalbandian, other than that it's been smooth sailing. Today was the first morning I didn't wake up light-headed so maybe my headaches have gone. Also, coming up the steps this morning I noticed that the slight pain I normally have in my right knee was totally gone. In reading up on the Master Cleanser, one of the benefits is relief of aches and sore tendons. I can't remember the last time I didn't feel at least of tinge of something, so I'm ecstatic about that. I've got a full day planned, I'm hoping that I maintain the same levels of energy I've been having. Having such a busy day will be a better test of where my energy lever really is.

Spiritually, I'm already getting from this what I was hoping to get so I'm real happy about that. The vulnerable state of your body I think helps you to become more mentally strong- and the mental strength of course comes from my renewed relationship with god.

woosey
Apr 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM
i'd skip the milk.

drake3781
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:07 AM
drake3781 I think that information you posted on post-fasting is specific to a certain program. I don't even know what psyllium is? I do think there's some general stuff in there that's still applicable to what I'm doing (10 days of Master Cleanser Lemonade and 10 days of other types of liquids).

Yep, just information on how to safely come off a fast, and to consider the use of probiotics ("friendly bacteria") and psyllium. Take from it what is useful and fitting. Psyllium is something of a hot topic these days. Read up on it or talk to somebody at a health food store if/when you are ready.

mckyle.
Apr 26th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Good luck to you :)

I could never do it.

Scotso
Apr 26th, 2008, 06:00 AM
After about day 5 it supposedly gets much easier, so hang in there the next couple of days.

Yeah, because your body starts digesting itself and releases endorphins to keep you from feeling pain and going insane. :p

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Day 5

I read that since you're body's energy isn't focused on digesting it instead focuses on detoxifying the body and as a result when the poisons are released from your body you can secrete them through your pores, which in turn results in a extreme body odor and even extreme bad breathe. I'm not taking a chance of that happening to me so I take two showers a day now, and in addition to brushing three times a day I have my handy-dandy breathe mints. Day 5 has finally arrived!!!!! It seems like it was only yesterday when my adventure begun. I keep telling myself I'm a quarter of the way done.

No more headaches and my cravings have subsided dramatically. Don't get me wrong I'm still having wet dreams over pasta, seafood, and prime rib, but at this point it feels manageable. So in five more days I'm allowing myself to have vegetable and fruit juices- I'm really looking forward to that. Until then, forward march.

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 26th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I just read that Roger beat David in this thread.:woohoo: :banana:

:lol: :p

Stef :hug: :awww: :unsure:

IceHock
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM
i wish u very good luck with the rest of that, and it takes alot of mental stability to pull it off so keep it up.

i remember on mad tv when bobby lee said he was going to do it and he started crying haha and ended up eating tooth paste haha and got caught

Kart
Apr 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I read that since you're body's energy isn't focused on digesting it instead focuses on detoxifying the body and as a result when the poisons are released from your body you can secrete them through your pores, which in turn results in a extreme body odor and even extreme bad breathe.
Er, no. The body moves from digesting food to breaking down your muscle protein - what the odour is.

Be careful you don't make yourself ill.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Er, no. The body moves from digesting food to breaking down your muscle protein.
If I were only drinking water and nothing else then you might be right, but since I'm drinking the Lemon Cleanser (Lemons, Cayenne Pepper, Maple Syrup) I don't think I'm losing muscle protein- at least, I hope I'm not.

Here's the Physical Process:
Because the act of digesting food consumes our energy on an ongoing basis, it follows that the elimination of solid food for short periods of time will make the energy normally used for digestion available for the process of detoxification. Thus the first step is to stop eating food so that the lemonade drink can commence Is work.

Because the lemonade drink is easily assimilated, it places little or no demand on the digestive system. Fresh squeezed lemon juice is a powerful cleanser for the body, and is also high in vitamins. Additionally, it is the only fruit or vegetable to contain cationic and anionic minerals.

Lemon also helps loosen and break up mucus in the body. Mucus is one of the body's defenses to protect it self against irritations. When too much mucus settles in any one area, dis-ease is the natural outcome.

Those of you familiar with colour therapy will also know that lemon, when consumed fresh squeezed, releases the colour that stimulates the body to cleanse itself.

Cayenne pepper, another key ingredient of the diet, breaks up this mucous and acts as a cleanser for the digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems. It is used by herbalists to treat a wide range of problems and to enhance the effectiveness of many other herbs.

The maple syrup provides energy from an unprocessed sugar which still contains many of its original nutrients.

The herbal laxative tea is used to stimulate peristalsis of the colon, since the only other way to do it is to eat a diet high in fibre.

- what the odour is?
Supposedly when you detox and start getting rid of the poisons in your body you secrete some through your poors. This can lead to an increase in body odor.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Day 6

Yahoo!!!! My morning started out gloriously, I got a chance to see Nadal win his first title of the year taking down Fedtard in straights!!! That put me in good spirits! In addition to that great news I have no appetite, no headaches, and no cravings so I'm hopeful for the rest of the day.

But that's how yesterday started out as well and yesterday was the single hardest day I've had so far. Everyone says that if you make it through the first four days then it's home-sailing, but yesterday I was HUUUUUUUNGRY!!! My cousin cooked homemade baked Lasagna and it took everything inside of me not to eat it. I kept going to the kitchen and opening the fridge and staring at it. I smelled it and I was tormented by it the entire day and night. It consumed my mind and it was a major struggle. I had to keep reminding myself that I'd feel a lot better sticking to what I set out to do, rather than giving in. So I stayed strong, but I did go to sleep angry- and hungry!

I'm hoping that will be the toughest day because I can't handle many more days like that. It feels great to say that I've made it for six days, so I'm really proud of myself. I'm looking forward to four more days, then I can start enjoying fruit and vegetable juices. A lot of you warned against adding milk to my diet and I did research and you guys were right, so I'll drink soy milk instead.

till my next update!

Kart
Apr 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM
If I were only drinking water and nothing else then you might be right, but since I'm drinking the Lemon Cleanser (Lemons, Cayenne Pepper, Maple Syrup) I don't think I'm losing muscle protein- at least, I hope I'm not.

Here's the Physical Process:
Because the act of digesting food consumes our energy on an ongoing basis, it follows that the elimination of solid food for short periods of time will make the energy normally used for digestion available for the process of detoxification. Thus the first step is to stop eating food so that the lemonade drink can commence Is work.

Because the lemonade drink is easily assimilated, it places little or no demand on the digestive system. Fresh squeezed lemon juice is a powerful cleanser for the body, and is also high in vitamins. Additionally, it is the only fruit or vegetable to contain cationic and anionic minerals.

Lemon also helps loosen and break up mucus in the body. Mucus is one of the body's defenses to protect it self against irritations. When too much mucus settles in any one area, dis-ease is the natural outcome.

Those of you familiar with colour therapy will also know that lemon, when consumed fresh squeezed, releases the colour that stimulates the body to cleanse itself.

Cayenne pepper, another key ingredient of the diet, breaks up this mucous and acts as a cleanser for the digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems. It is used by herbalists to treat a wide range of problems and to enhance the effectiveness of many other herbs.

The maple syrup provides energy from an unprocessed sugar which still contains many of its original nutrients.

The herbal laxative tea is used to stimulate peristalsis of the colon, since the only other way to do it is to eat a diet high in fibre.

Supposedly when you detox and start getting rid of the poisons in your body you secrete some through your poors. This can lead to an increase in body odor.
This is all about the fact vs fiction. I'm not a nutritionist but it strikes me that no medical person in their right mind will tell you that not eating for twenty days is a good thing to do.

That said, I freely accept that there are a lot of things medical science can't explain and though I consider most of the stuff you've written above to be nonsense, if you feel better then more power to you :).

I'm sure you're old enough to know what you're doing - like I said though, just be careful you don't get make yourself ill.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM

You really think that Beyonce who you mentioned did this for Dreamgirls, didn't lose ANY muscle protein. :lol:

I have to agree with Kart. I'm not trying to again bring negativity to the picture but I'm going to be consistent.
I've had an issue with that Beyonce "cleanse" since she mentioned it and people took it on themselves to follow lead especially gays.
So for me it seems like a trend and trends that have a possibility to make you ill, is not something I advised for anyone.

Let's hope you get to day 10, so you can eat something because right now this sounds like something former obcessed with weight poster Perfection would do to get to an unhealthy 100 pounds.

Apoleb
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:10 PM
The most important thing is to make sure that you're getting enough sugars in your drinks, so you can keep a good glucose and energy level. So get a lot of that maple syrup thing, which I think has much more sugar than lemonade.

Your body starts breaking down protein when you're close to starvation, which you aren't. If the carbohydrate levels are low, your metabolism switches to fat degradation. If your fat levels become low, only then your proteins will start getting degraded, and this usually happens in starvation. Having said that, your muscle mass will probably decrease because you're not getting enough amino acids, but I don't think it should be dangerous for 20 days.

In any case, if you haven't talked to a physician about this, you definitely should. Get their advice to make sure everything is alright.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Wannabeknowitall like I already stated, this is a sacrifice I'm doing for God. I only became aware of Beyonce doing the Lemon Cleanser when someone PM'd me, otherwise I wouldn't have even known she did it too. As long as there's no serious health risks, then I'll be fine and from the literature I've read about it I've heard a lot of great things, so all that just so happens to be a plus- the icing on the cake.

And for all those out there who have been supporting me, thanks again- It really has made a difference and has helped me stay strong.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/hug008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

The most important thing is to make sure that you're getting enough sugars in your drinks, so you can keep a good glucose and energy level. So get a lot of that maple syrup thing, which I think has much more sugar than lemonade.

Your body starts breaking down protein when you're close to starvation, which you aren't. If the carbohydrate levels are low, your metabolism switches to fat degradation. If your fat levels become low, only then your proteins will start getting degraded, and this usually happens in starvation. Having said that, your muscle mass will probably decrease because you're not getting enough amino acids, but I don't think it should be dangerous for 20 days.
That seems to be in line with everything I've read. The trick to not having your body starve is the Maple syrup. It sounds more extreme than it really is physically. The real battle is a mental one!!

drake3781
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
This is all about the fact vs fiction. I'm not a nutritionist but it strikes me that no medical person in their right mind will tell you that not eating for twenty days is a good thing to do.

That said, I freely accept that there are a lot of things medical science can't explain and though I consider most of the stuff you've written above to be nonsense, if you feel better then more power to you :).

I'm sure you're old enough to know what you're doing - like I said though, just be careful you don't get make yourself ill.

I know you are in med school, but there is actually a lot "to" this that you may not yet be aware of. There is plenty to read out there, if you ever become interested.

You are right, though, to say be careful.

drake3781
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Sir, I hope you are doing the colon cleansing.

Kart
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I know you are in med school, but there is actually a lot "to" this that you may not yet be aware of. There is plenty to read out there, if you ever become interested.

I'm not in med school but more importantly, as I said, I freely accept there are things that work beyond the realm of medical science. At the end of the day, people know their own bodies better than anyone else.

The thread starter can do what he/she wants and I have no problem with that and certainly am not trying to tell him/her that this is a bad idea. I'm just suggesting caution as (a) there are alternative (less positive) interpretations for things he/she may experience in the coming days and (b) I don't want him/her to fall ill.

These cleansing plans are not for everyone as I'm sure you'd agree.

drake3781
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not in med school but more importantly, as I said, I freely accept there are things that work beyond the realm of medical science. At the end of the day, people know their own bodies better than anyone else.

The thread starter can do what he/she wants and I have no problem with that. I'm just suggesting caution as (a) there are alternative explanations for the way things may turn out and (b) I don't want him to fall ill.

These cleansing plans are not for everyone as I'm sure you'd agree.

It is not "beyond the realm of medical science". :shrug:

As I said, I agree with the caution part.

Kart
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM
It is not "beyond the realm of medical science". :shrug:

As I said, I agree with the caution part.
If I rephrased it to "widely accepted and applied medical therapy" would that make it clearer ?

Apoleb
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM

Could you please refer me to what you think is a good source, scientific if it's possible? I googled "lemon cleanser" and all I got is a bunch of questionable sources.

Justin
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
What is the recipe of this lemon cleanser (an in how much of each ingredient)?

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Wannabeknowitall like I already stated, this is a sacrifice I'm doing for God.

A personal sacrifice that helps your connection with God.

What if you could help others.
It only seems fair that if you're not going to eat then someone or more should.

Here's an idea.
Estimate what you would have eaten in those 20 days and give that money to a charity or organization that helps poor children eat in the US or internationally.

I'm not claiming you never have given money to charities.
I just feel that a good way to feel connected to any God is for people to see the work of God thru you.

drake3781
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Could you please refer me to what you think is a good source, scientific if it's possible? I googled "lemon cleanser" and all I got is a bunch of questionable sources.

Why not google "fasting benefits medical"? :shrug:

Here is the first I found.

http://www.healthy.net/scr/Article.asp?Id=1996&xcntr=1

I have read a lot about fasting. It is not as crazy as people think. Spend one hour reading up on it and if you still think it is so radical, start another thread to debate it. This is not fair to do in Sir's Diary thread.

xr6turbo
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:07 PM
healthy eating and old fashioned exercise!

Apoleb
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Why not google "fasting benefits medical"? :shrug:

Ummm, maybe because I'm looking for specific information on this type of diet rather than fasting in general? You know there can be a billion fasting program or diet with each having its own characteristics and results (especially that this one is all dependent on a single type of mix you swallow for 10 days).

I have read a lot about fasting. It is not as crazy as people think. Spend one hour reading up on it and if you still think it is so radical, start another thread to debate it. This is not fair to do in Sir's Diary thread.

Who said I was going to debate it here? I'm not. Oh, and I don't think fasting is crazy cause I've already done it like 10 times already in my life.

But thanks for the link, anyway.

Dodoboy.
Apr 27th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Hang in there -

Denise4925
Apr 27th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Day 1

Today is day one in my planned 20 days of fasting. I'm not all that religious by any means, but I am grateful and God's blessed me so I wanted to say thanks by making this huge sacrifice. I've never done anything like this before and I know it's going to be difficult, but I thought that if I shared what I was doing it would make me even more committed to seeing it through.

The rules: No food what so ever for 20 days. I'm allowing myself to drink liquids, so I can have milk, juice, and water- but no food during this time.

So last night I went to Denny's and had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich for my last meal. I was sitting waiting for my food and I noticed the lady behind the counter kept stuffing tons of to-go boxes into a take out bag. I was the only person that had a take-out order, so I kept looking around wondering where all that food was going. She boxed it up and approached me and say, "Here you go". Confused, I said, "thanks" and went on my way. I know I should have said something but I ordered a side of onion rings so I started thinking maybe she put the sandwich in one box, the napkins in another, and the onion rings in yet another. When I got home I found out that I had 4 double cheeseburgers, 20 hotwings, onion rings, and a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. Is this Santan's way of tempting me... :lol:

I ate half a burger, the onion rings, and the Philly Sandwich- :help: and gave the rest away. The only thing I've had today was water and thankfully I haven't had much of an appetite, I'm probably still full from my late night meal last night.

I'll update this thread probably twice a day. Wish me luck everybody! :wavey:

OMG. God give you strength Stef to endure this. It's hard enough to be on a no carb diet for me. :o Let alone fasting. I'll pray for you. Also, I'm supporting you, but if you find it too difficult and it gets to be too much and you're getting sick, by all means no shame in giving in, brother. :hug: Godspeed.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Day 7

It's been seven days since I last ate something and although I do still have cravings, they're manageable. I can't lie, I am looking forward to eating again. I keep planning what my first meal will be. One thing of note is the foods I'm craving. I'm craving fish, seafood, and salad. It's a little odd for me to crave fish and it's even more odd for me not to be craving prime rib and pasta, my two favorite foods. I attempted a light workout since I have an increase in energy, but that didn't last too long. I started getting light-headed so I canned the workout. I had a chance to step on the scale and after 7 days of no food I've lost 11lbs. I assume most of that weight loss is water weight, which would be a little ironic since all I'm basically consuming is water..lol

I've been doing a lot of praying and with so much free time on my hands it's resulted in me putting my energy into things I've put off. We all have dreams and aspirations and without going into mine, I finally put in an honest effort in trying to make some of them come true. I don't know if anything will come from it, but I at least have the satisfaction of knowing I went for it. In a nutshell, I made contact with the CEO of a company I always dreamed of working for. My approach was totally unorthodoxed but I put together some solid ideas- now it's just a matter of him giving me a chance to present my ideas. But like I said, I made a real effort for once and instead of just wishing for something to happen I put things into motion, so regardless of the outcome I'm proud of myself. If something is going to come from it though it'll have to be before May 5th, that's when I start working at Prudential- any of you need life insurance?

I'm still smelling the foods that I'm craving and I'm still transfixed on the Food Network. I'm turning into a hermit because all my outing with friends revolve around food and drinks. I don't think I could handle being at a restaurant or a bar right now. In addition to eating soon, I'm also looking forward to an ice cold Guinness . It's nice to have something to look forward to.

Till next time

Denise4925
Apr 28th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Hang in there boo. :hug:

spartanfan
Apr 28th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I can relate to what your are going thru, I did 21 days on the master cleanse a couple of years ago, and it does get easier the longer you're on it. My one suggestion would be to stop watching Food TV! It just makes you focus on food too much. I remember that while I was going thru my cleanse noticing just how many restaurants are here in Atlanta. You can't really go more than a 1/4 mile any where without driving by one. I found that whenever I started to fixate on food a swallow or two of the lemonade took away my cravings. But try and get some exercise, go for a walk, do some sit up and push ups. Just stop watching food tv and turn the channel when a food commercial comes on tv.

Dave.
Apr 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Wow I don't think i could ever eat nothing for a whole week. Well done, alot of credit to you!

You're only 13 days left now, good luck! :D

Sir Stefwhit
May 1st, 2008, 04:30 AM
End of Day 9

I didn't do an update yesterday- nothing really to report just more of the same. Nothing too interesting to report today either, except for of course, it's my last day of just lemons and water. After tomorrow I'll be able to have other liquids as part of my fasting. I've noticed that I haven't been in my usual happy-go-lucky mood the last two days, but physically I feel great. No headaches, no intense cravings, and I still have a good amount of energy.

My cousin had a good-together and I went with her to the grocery store. It was the first time I've been in a super market since I've started. I thought it would be ok, but looking back it was a dumb idea. It was Sams Club and they have free samples of every food imaginable on every isle, and don't get me started on the cakes and pies- God give me strength. Well he did, and I made it through.

till next time...

drake3781
May 1st, 2008, 05:24 AM
I know this might not be helpful, but I binged on a couple things tonight - potato chips earlier and ice cream later - and I wish i hadn't. :lol:

Coming up to the juice phase....Maybe you can find a place nearby - like a health food store - where you can get a fresh vegetable juice every day.... unless you got your hands on a juicer, then you can do your own.

tennisbear7
May 4th, 2008, 01:52 AM
How are you going, SS?

Sir Stefwhit
May 5th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Day 14

It's been a few days since my last update but I haven't fell off the wagon, I'm still going strong. The closes I've come to ingesting any food was when I was moving a piece of cake from the counter and a smudge of icing got on my finger tip. Without even thinking, just on instinct, I sucked the icing of my finger before I could even remind myself that I was fasting. Aside from that I've stuck with it 100%.

I'm relived to be entering my very last week and although I can now manage the cravings, I still miss food and I'm overjoyed at the thought of eating again. Since I'm in the juice phase of my fasting it's been a lot easier to deal with. Here's what I ate yesterday: for breakfast I had chicken broth, for lunch I had three V8s, and for diner I had tomatoe soup.

I haven't weighed myself since the end of the first week- I'll probably just wait until the end. As for the spiritual part. In all honesty the first week and a half my days and nights were consumed with prayers or thoughts of food. The second half I've been praying but not as intently as I was the first half- but I am getting from this what I intended to and a lot more.

Being able to actually do something like this has let me know that the limitations I thought I had, only really exist in my mind. I never been known for self-discipline or self-control so I naturally assumed I didn't have much, but now I know I have more then I give myself credit for. I've already found ways to apply this mental approach to other things in my life. I hit a minor roadblock in trying to get that 'dream job' I mentioned earlier. Prior to this experience that roadblock would have been my swan-song, but now I've got the mental energy to keep trying.

till next time...

lee station
May 5th, 2008, 12:59 PM
stay away from others/media/comp. go take a walk in the countryside, walk a lot, contemplate the nature for spiritual relief

Ben.
May 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM
keep going mate :yeah: you're doing well so far :)

Direwolf
May 5th, 2008, 06:43 PM
OMG...
the end is almost near!!
almost near the finish line!!!!

i did a fasting for 2 days..
on my 2nd evening i played badminton for 4 hours(6-10pm)...
i was having headaches and
though my energy just suffered A BIT..
just a bit.>!!

Just Do It
May 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Wait, are you fasting " on water " ( No fish, tuna, vegetables ... ? ). I fasted for 7 days and wanted to die :lol: After Sunday church morning I hit a McDonalds, though.

Sir Stefwhit
May 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Day 16

Wow! I keep having thoughts like, 'a bite won't hurt' and then I'm like, "WTF?!". It's like I'm thinking those things subconsciously but the moment I become aware of those thoughts I push them out. There's no way I'm going to give in now after all this time invested. The fridge is stacked with things I love and I keep hoping they'll still be there come Monday...lol.

I still don't know what I weigh, but my suit looks ridiculous on me now. It looks almost two sizes too big. When I do go back to eating I think I'm going to make more of a continued effort to eat healthy and watch my portions.

Well I'm a little depressed cuz Nadal has just lost, but better here than at RG. Usually this is a prime moment to grab some feel-good-food, I think I'll go get me some feel-good-ice-chips...

till next time

ElusiveChanteuse
May 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Nadal :banana: :lol: :hug:

Never realized it's already Day 16!:eek: :worship:

Denise4925
May 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Day 16

Wow! I keep having thoughts like, 'a bite won't hurt' and then I'm like, "WTF?!". It's like I'm thinking those things subconsciously but the moment I become aware of those thoughts I push them out. There's no way I'm going to give in now after all this time invested. The fridge is stacked with things I love and I keep hoping they'll still be there come Monday...lol.

I still don't know what I weigh, but my suit looks ridiculous on me now. It looks almost two sizes too big. When I do go back to eating I think I'm going to make more of a continued effort to eat healthy and watch my portions.

Well I'm a little depressed cuz Nadal has just lost, but better here than at RG. Usually this is a prime moment to grab some feel-good-food, I think I'll go get me some feel-good-ice-chips...

till next time

That's Satan. :devil:

mirzalover
May 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
4 more days!

Denise4925
May 7th, 2008, 08:36 PM
^^i know it sounds crazy, but i think you're right. The thoughts I'm having are like, "this is pointless" or "does god really care that i'm doing this"- and those aren't my thoughts. I don't connect with those thoughts at all, that's why I'm like, "where are these weird thoughts coming from". I figured it was the lack of food talking, but now that you mention Mr. Lucifer, that makes sense, he's trying to sabotage my efforts.

:yeah: Stay strong brother and tell him to get thee behind you.

flyingmachine
May 9th, 2008, 12:45 AM
That means its less than 4 days to go. :eek: Just keep going Sir you are doing well. :worship:

spartanfan
May 9th, 2008, 12:49 AM
You've come to far to cheat now. Have you planned what your first meal will be on Monday?

Sir Stefwhit
May 9th, 2008, 01:14 AM
^Of all the things I love to eat, steak, pasta, baked chicken, etc..., the thing I'm looking most forward to eating is Chicken Salad. My cousin makes the most delicious chicken salad and I've been craving it now for at least a week. Even though her c.salad is tasty I'm a bit surprised that that's what I'm wanting most, but it is. I'm also looking forward to lasagna. That's the dish that I had the most trouble resisting so that's also been on my mind. Since Sunday is my last day, I'm actually contemplating eating my first meal Sunday after midnight. I'll play it by ear. At this point I want to eat because I remember how good food taste, but I'm not super hungry. If I could just taste food that would bring me so much pleasure, three more days after today then I can dig in.

abercrombieguy23
May 9th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Tony,

I ate Ribs today...jealous ahah

Im just playin with you....

keep it up...

(but i really did eat ribs)

ElusiveChanteuse
May 9th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Countdown:3 days left!:banana:

Mrs. Peel
May 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Now that you are close to the end, you might want to take a look at Drake's post about the proper way to break a fast. You should not go back to eating regular food immediately. Rather take a few days to gently get back to solid food or you risk getting sick. The information available on how to do this is ample. :D

Breaking the Fast
The great benefit may all be lost, and followed by harmful after effects, if the fast is not broken in the right way. In fact, the best effects of a fast depend upon the dietetic management after it is broken. The longer the fast, the more care must be taken in breaking it.
The greatest danger lies in eating too frequently and too much at a time. After a long fast the digestive organs are in a condition of complete inactivity, and to overload them suddenly with a large amount of food may provoke acute attacks of indigestion and produce many other kinds of serious disturbances. The organs must be trained to return to normal activity gradually, beginning with very small quantities of light food.

Sir Stefwhit
May 11th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Day 20: The Final Day!

In about 5 hours my fast will officially be over! When I started I knew I was going to give it my best shot, but I still didn't think I'd actually be able to make it the entire time. It just goes to show what you can do when you put your mind to it. Of course if I was just doing this for myself I couldn't have done it, dedicating my fast to God gave me the determination to see it through. I'm feeling mighty proud right now. I probably wont ever do anything so extreme like this again though.

Of all things to abstain from (sex, food, tv, alcohol, etc..,) I knew food would be my toughest challenge that's why I went that route. I remained celibate through this entire time as well, but that wasn't as difficult.

So hear I am at the end of the fast and while I may be really hungry (and a little horny,) what's most important is that I feel spiritually full. In all honesty, I get more personal satisfaction from that than anything else, so it was definitely worth it; not to mention I cleansed my whole digestive track so I'm healthier as well.

One last thank you to all you guys for your support. Many of you gave me some great tips, others some kind words of encouragement, and few even said you were praying for me- so thanks again everybody, WE did it!

I'll do one last entry tomorrow to report my weight loss. Keep in mind that I'm a medium / big guy 6'2, 230lbs- and if you knew how much I love food then you'd never guess that I'd be able to stick to it; all credit to god for giving me the strength.

abercrombieguy23
May 11th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Day 20: The Final Day!

In about 5 hours my fast will officially be over! When I started I knew I was going to give it my best shot, but I still didn't think I'd actually be able to make it the entire time. It just goes to show what you can do when you put your mind to it. Of course if I was just doing this for myself I couldn't have done it, dedicating my fast to God gave me the determination to see it through. I'm feeling mighty proud right now. I probably wont ever do anything so extreme like this again though.

Of all things to abstain from (sex, food, tv, alcohol, etc..,) I knew food would be my toughest challenge that's why I went that route. I remained celibate through this entire time as well, but that wasn't as difficult.

So hear I am at the end of the fast and while I may be really hungry (and a little horny,) what's most important is that I feel spiritually full. In all honesty, I get more personal satisfaction from that than anything else, so it was definitely worth it; not to mention I cleansed my whole digestive track so I'm healthier as well.

One last thank you to all you guys for your support. Many of you gave me some great tips, others some kind words of encouragement, and few even said you were praying for me- so thanks again everybody, WE did it!

I'll do one last entry tomorrow to report my weight loss. Keep in mind that I'm a medium / big guy 6'2, 230lbs- and if you knew how much I love food then you'd never guess that I'd be able to stick to it; all credit to god for giving me the strength.

Well done man :wavey::wavey:

Freakshow
May 12th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Congratulations. :) I went 7 days twice, but I couldn't go any further.

ElusiveChanteuse
May 12th, 2008, 07:29 AM
:woohoo: :banana: Congrats Sir!:bowdown:

Now lets go for 30 days of fasting!:lol: Just kidding.:p

:hug:

skanky~skanketta
May 12th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I'm really proud of you.

flyingmachine
May 12th, 2008, 10:10 AM
You done it. :bounce:

Mrs. Peel
May 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Want to chime in a say well done for sticking with your beliefs. Congratulations!

Denise4925
May 12th, 2008, 07:56 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: So very proud of you, brother. :hug: Congrats.

Sir Stefwhit
May 13th, 2008, 11:27 PM
My Final Update

I finally got around to weighing myself and in the span of 20 days I managed to drop 16 lbs. I reckon a fair amount I'll gain back immediately once my body gets used to eating again. My first meal was chicken salad with a couple of pieces of crab rangoon. WARNING!!!!! TOO MUCH INFO ALERT: My stomach was all kinds of topsy-turvy and within the span of 10 minutes whatever I ate was ready to come out. It's still like that even now, my third day of eating. I guess my food gets digested, processed, and eliminated at the speed of light now. I hope that doesn't last much longer because I'm one of those people that ALWAYS has to shower right afterwards, or I just don't feel clean- and I can't keep showering every time I eat.

Well that's it folks. Thanks again for the millionth time and if any of you ever embark on anything like this let me know so I can return the favor and encourage and support you as well.

Peace out yall...
-ToNy

Mrs. Peel
May 13th, 2008, 11:40 PM
My Final Update

I finally got around to weighing myself and in the span of 20 days I managed to drop 16 lbs. I reckon a fair amount I'll gain back immediately once my body gets used to eating again. My first meal was chicken salad with a couple of pieces of crab rangoon. WARNING!!!!! TOO MUCH INFO ALERT: My stomach was all kinds of topsy-turvy and within the span of 10 minutes whatever I ate was ready to come out. It's still like that even now, my third day of eating. I guess my food gets digested, processed, and eliminated at the speed of light now. I hope that doesn't last much longer because I'm one of those people that ALWAYS has to shower right afterwards, or I just don't feel clean- and I can't keep showering every time I eat.

Well that's it folks. Thanks again for the millionth time and if any of you ever embark on anything like this let me know so I can return the favor and encourage and support you as well.

Peace out yall...
-ToNy
That happened because you didn't break the fast correctly. :o

Denise4925
May 14th, 2008, 03:49 AM
My Final Update

WARNING!!!!! TOO MUCH INFO ALERT: My stomach was all kinds of topsy-turvy and within the span of 10 minutes whatever I ate was ready to come out. It's still like that even now, my third day of eating. I guess my food gets digested, processed, and eliminated at the speed of light now.
Peace out yall...
-ToNy

:haha:

mirzalover
May 14th, 2008, 04:07 AM
My Final Update

Peace out yall...
-ToNy

:lol:

Sir Stefwhit
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I just hired a trainer but we won't get started till April 17th so I decided that this Sunday I'll hit the gym everyday for 15 days consecutive and kinda get my body prepared for the trainer. Will use this thread as a journal to help motivate myself...

What are u guys doing to stay in shape these days?

NyCPsU
Mar 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ran 15 miles last night because it was nice out. :D

Sammo
Mar 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I'm 1.81 m and 77 kgs at 17, is it OK? (5'11'' and 170 pounds)

delicatecutter
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I just hired a trainer but we won't get started till April 17th so I decided that this Sunday I'll hit the gym everyday for 15 days consecutive and kinda get my body prepared for the trainer. Will use this thread as a journal to help motivate myself...

What are u guys doing to stay in shape these days?

I've recently lost 10 lbs by eating as little as possible and drinking instead.

Sir Stefwhit
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Ran 15 miles last night because it was nice out. :D

In my gym days I focused more on weights but this time around I really want to tackle cardio. I wish I could be one of those joggers I see out early mornings. Just the thought of jogging is exhausting but I hear from all of my friends there no feeling like it when ur done. What do u think is better the treadmill or running outdoors??

Mynarco
Mar 29th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I did some jogging - once last Friday, just 3km, and once last Monday, for 7km

Sir Stefwhit
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I'm 1.81 m and 77 kgs at 17, is it OK? (5'11'' and 170 pounds)

For anyone wanting to know what the recommended weight is for your height, here is an online calculator:

http://bmicalc.org/weight-for-height-calculator

Mary Cherry.
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:44 PM
I always thought that not eating would do more harm than good?

Ellen Dawson
Mar 30th, 2012, 12:13 AM
It's taken 10 years but it's fulfilling to be at a point where I can maintain a weight without all the stress of diet and exercise. I watch what I eat, I run, swim
and rollerblade regularly. The "bad" food is saved for occasions which works well in that I can have, say, red velvet cupcakes or fries, every now and again, without it doing any damage. And being a Size 6-8 now for going on 5 years is fantastic. :D I share that as someone who was a 12-14 for several years (back when I drank and smoked heavily). People would say "but Ellen you're tall" (I'm 5'11") but it didn't matter because I felt like a cow. :o

It does.

Your body has a brain. When you deprive it, your body goes into preservation mode by holding onto fat since it's aware that you're not feeding it.

gc-spurs
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:04 AM
In my gym days I focused more on weights but this time around I really want to tackle cardio. I wish I could be one of those joggers I see out early mornings. Just the thought of jogging is exhausting but I hear from all of my friends there no feeling like it when ur done. What do u think is better the treadmill or running outdoors??

Depends what you want to acheive. I like treadmilling because all weather obviously, and its easy on the joints, and its easy to track and control your progress. And then afterwards you can do strength exercises elsewhere in the gym. However its fucking boring when you've gone 5 miles but then you look up and you're in the exact same place. The best thing about running is the setting. You also don't run the same on a treadmill, I always feel like I worked harder when I run.

But your friends are right, there is no feeling like it.

Srodgers
Mar 30th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I workout nearly every day now. Arms and abs one day and then all cardio the next. I have to stay in shape since my soccer playing days are past :p

NyCPsU
Mar 30th, 2012, 01:02 PM

I do both. I lift 3-4 days a week at least and run 4-5 days a week. I prefer running outside but if the weather isnt good I can suck it up on a treadmill for a few miles before I get totally bored. I think its good to do both as they compliment eachother. I dont work out to look huge, I think I have a nice balance of being lean but also quite cut. Running is also a stress release for me. If Ive had a rough day there is nothing I want more than to go run a few miles and settle my mind.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 20th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Well today was my very first session w.my trainer. I could hardly make it up the stairs to leave when we were done. When I got home I collapsed on my couch and didn't move from it the rest if the day. I did the package for 30 sessions- can't possibly see how I'm going to make it through.

Dominic
Apr 20th, 2012, 05:15 AM

you re 100% right. Does anyone still think that's a good idea? Cause that's like the most stupid thing one can do if they wanna lose weight and look good, on the long run.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 20th, 2012, 06:28 AM
you re 100% right. Does anyone still think that's a good idea? Cause that's like the most stupid thing one can do if they wanna lose weight and look good, on the long run.

I know for me and what I'm trying to do u are absolutely right. It's about eating right and excercising, but there are published studies on the benefits of fasting. Dr. Stanley Bourough actually wrote a book about it sometime in the 70's and it's a topic of great debate in the medical field. So it's not as black and white as u may think. When I originally fasted it was for a spiritual and body cleansing. This time around, however it's about a new life style so no more dieting and fasting.

Melange
Apr 20th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Well today was my very first session w.my trainer. I could hardly make it up the stairs to leave when we were done. When I got home I collapsed on my couch and didn't move from it the rest if the day. I did the package for 30 sessions- can't possibly see how I'm going to make it through.

:haha:

Dominic
Apr 21st, 2012, 06:05 AM
I know for me and what I'm trying to do u are absolutely right. It's about eating right and excercising, but there are published studies on the benefits of fasting. Dr. Stanley Bourough actually wrote a book about it sometime in the 70's and it's a topic of great debate in the medical field. So it's not as black and white as u may think. When I originally fasted it was for a spiritual and body cleansing. This time around, however it's about a new life style so no more dieting and fasting.

Ok but fasting has been proven time and time again by studies WAY more rescent than the 70's to slow down the metabolism and even hurt it on a very long term. And that is fact. Anyway I wish you the very best in all your health and fitness goals!

delicatecutter
Apr 21st, 2012, 06:42 AM
Not eating worked for me. I lost 10 lbs and am the thinnest I've been in 8 years. I've kept the weight off for 2 months now.

Moveyourfeet
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:20 PM
Not eating worked for me. I lost 10 lbs and am the thinnest I've been in 8 years. I've kept the weight off for 2 months now.

Thin does not equal healthy.

Moveyourfeet
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:22 PM

It feels that way because it's your first session. Take it one session at a time and stick to it. It will get better and you will feel better for doing it.

Dominic
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:37 PM
Thin does not equal healthy.

:lol: of course not eating will make you lose weight, that is plain logic. Is someone realistically gonna eat little to nothing all his life? If so, that would make them incredibly unealthy, unfit, weak, etc. and If not theyre gonna gain back even more weight than what they lost...

Pops Maellard
Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:57 AM
On a diet right now :cheer:. Taking it slow though - I can't be too strict or I'll fail. My goal is to look my best for next summer (in NZ that starts like December) so even if I lose like a kilo a week I'll be happy, 'cause summer is many weeks away :angel:.

I'm not that fat but I still didn't want to go shirtless at the beach last summer :o. My recommended weight for my height (5'6) is 70kg, right now I'm about 87 :angel:.

Sam L
Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:02 AM

Well obviously you had to eat something. :lol: So maybe you should be saying what you did eat and when.

Not eating certain foods especially at night is best.

Even if you're in healthy weight range, there are foods you just shouldn't eat like processed foods with high sugar content.

Being thin isn't everything. I know someone who is really thin but has very poor diet. Can't play sport, can't even run or walk a lot. They're only in their early 30s. :help: Moderation is key. I like my food but I like my exercise too.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 22nd, 2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I was only ever thin for six years in my life from the ages of 18-25. When I first worked out I dropped weight so quick but I was 17 then and it stayed off until I moved back into my parents house at about 26, then I was fat again..lol

Ever since then I work out sporadically but now I'm of the mindset I need to just make this my new life style. So I'm not chasing a specific number or waistline this time around. To me it will be a success if I can mange to stick with it. My next session is this Tuesday and I'm still sore- so we shall see...

MH0861
Apr 23rd, 2012, 12:25 AM
Nice thread.

My biggest challenge is usually finding motivation to work out, go the gym etc. With the weather getting warmer I have taken up outdoor running with a group of friends a few times after work. It's a ton of fun and I can definitely notice a difference in my speed, stamina and overall fitness after just a few weeks. Having others join in makes it more fun, keeps me accountable and is great motivation to push myself.

In terms of diet, I'm trying to cut out all soda (including diet). I have only had a few in the past couple of months. Feeling good!

MH0861
Apr 23rd, 2012, 12:26 AM

Be careful. It's a slippery slope to an eating disorder.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 23rd, 2012, 02:27 AM
Nice thread.

My biggest challenge is usually finding motivation to work out, go the gym etc. With the weather getting warmer I have taken up outdoor running with a group of friends a few times after work. It's a ton of fun and I can definitely notice a difference in my speed, stamina and overall fitness after just a few weeks. Having others join in makes it more fun, keeps me accountable and is great motivation to push myself.

In terms of diet, I'm trying to cut out all soda (including diet). I have only had a few in the past couple of months. Feeling good!

Cutting soda is huge! That stuff is liquid poison.

Inger67
Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:39 AM
Not really overweight at all, weigh approx 176 lbs and about 5'10".. I wanted to start lifting again and incoporating more cardio with that. So it's hard to say that I want to lose a little weight because I may lose fat but also gain muscle. I just want to be more comfortable with myself and definitely get a fitter core :o I lifted last summer and felt great about it, could notice a difference but when I got back to school I couldn't keep up with everything.

Haven't really set up routines in my head but what typically is best when incorporating lifting and running/abs? Like 3 days lifting and 4 cardio? Or the opposite? Can I do both the same day? Should I have an off day at all during the week? Sorry for so many questions, but if anyone knows about this sort of stuff it would be really appreciated :)

delicatecutter
Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM

I used to be anorexic. I don't think I could ever have that level of discipline again.

Sam L
Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Haven't really set up routines in my head but what typically is best when incorporating lifting and running/abs? Like 3 days lifting and 4 cardio? Or the opposite? Can I do both the same day? Should I have an off day at all during the week? Sorry for so many questions, but if anyone knows about this sort of stuff it would be really appreciated :)

Depends on what you want to achieve. Do you want to build muscle? If so, I would add in a day of rest after your lifting days. Lift heavier and less reps. 6-8.

Do you want to be more lean? Do cardio on every day other than lifting days. Lift 70% of your maximum potential but more reps. 12-15.

That's a very basic, general overview.

I used to run on the days before lifting and have the day after off. I'm playing more tennis now and lifting less so it's a mix bag for me. Depends on what I'm interested in at the moment.

Six Feet Under
Apr 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I dieted about a year ago, lost 15 kg and haven't gained it back yay :D

Melange
Apr 23rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
I used to be anorexic. I don't think I could ever have that level of discipline again.

:oh:

Pops Maellard
Apr 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Nice thread.

Soda's my biggest weakness too. I would drink diet versions but they're all so shit, to me anyway :o.

So I guess having less of the good stuff's my only option :lol:.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Soda's my biggest weakness too. I would drink diet versions but they're all so shit, to me anyway :o.

So I guess having less of the good stuff's my only option :lol:.

Maybe this will help a bit:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/fitness/weight-loss/want-to-lose-weight-fast-cut-out-soda-from-your-diet.html

Soda Makes You Fat (Even Diet Soda)

High in calories, soda has no nutritional value whatsoever. They contribute to obesity as well as diabetes, tooth decay and weakened bones. They have also been linked to depleting the body of vitamin A, calcium and magnesium--all nutrients needed*for healthy weight loss. Consuming soda also has a profound effect on the taste buds. Some research suggests that soda, even diet soda,*can actually make you feel hungrier given the artificial sweeteners that signal the brain to crave extra food. This can make losing weight a lot more difficult. In addition, according to a study by the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, diet soda actually enhances weight gain by as much as 41 percent.

The Numbers

Estimates show that two cans or glasses of soda per day adds approximately 24 to 35 pounds of fat per year, depending on body size, age, habits, etc.. Some people (weighing in at 140 pounds) have reported that by giving up two cans of soda per day, without exercise, they*lost 20 pounds in six months. Add in exercise, reduce other sugar intake, eat more fruits and vegetables, add*high water consumption and you could possibly be ready to fit into those*jeans within six weeks. But if cutting out soda altogether is too difficult, you could replace*one soda per day with water. Cutting down from two per day to one can yields about a 16 pound yearly loss.

Ellen Dawson
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Not eating certain foods especially at night is best.

Absolutely. I'm a real stickler about dinner - I have to be done no later than 7PM. For this reason, I rarely go out to dinner. Eating late affects your metabolism and your sleep. On nights I have to work late, I'm eating dinner right there in the office.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I had my second session w.my trainer today I thought I did a lot better this time around. I won't go back till Thursday so that gives me a day to recover. I was awesome with my food except for a few alcoholic drinks one day. I need to talk to him about alcohol. I don't drink more than one night a week (two tops)- but when I do it is usually a bit. I wonder how much that sets me back?

Nicolás89
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Ran 5km today for the first time since a 3 month hiatus, I used to run a lot before & 5k weren't such a big deal for me but today I really felt it. :lol:

Sam L
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I had my second session w.my trainer today I thought I did a lot better this time around. I won't go back till Thursday so that gives me a day to recover. I was awesome with my food except for a few alcoholic drinks one day. I need to talk to him about alcohol. I don't drink more than one night a week (two tops)- but when I do it is usually a bit. I wonder how much that sets me back?

Depends on what alcohol but alcohol has heaps of calories. I drink a glass of red every night which is moderate. I never drink more than that except on "occasions".

Sam L
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Absolutely. I'm a real stickler about dinner - I have to be done no later than 7PM. For this reason, I rarely go out to dinner. Eating late affects your metabolism and your sleep. On nights I have to work late, I'm eating dinner right there in the office.

I try but this is still my weakness. I'm such a night person. I have to force myself to eat breakfast in the mornings. And I love going out to dinner. I actually find I eat better when I go out to dinner because let's face it I'm no eating McDonald's or other junk, it's proper restaurant food. Whereas when I'm at home I tend to snack more. But this is the one area I would really like to control.

ys
Apr 24th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I am trying bikram classes now. Hating it, but they seem good for the body..

Pops Maellard
Apr 25th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I think I've succeeded in my mission of losing about a kilo this week. Last night I was pretty bad, but I'm still early into it, so that can be expected :).

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 25th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Sam L u are so knowledgeable on all this health and exercise stuff, it's great. I heard vodka wasn't too bad as far as drinks go so my go to drink is a vodka-tonic I also love dirty vodka martinis. On a night of drinking w.friends I can have up to four of em...lol (don't judge and like I said it's only once a week)

And it's weird that u find eating out helps u eat better, especially since restaurants are known load up with calories. I guess now of days a lot of them provide the calorie count which makes things easier.

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 01:22 AM
From my experience it's best to drink alcohol instead of eating. The pounds will fall off.

Nicolás89
Apr 25th, 2012, 01:26 AM
From my experience it's best to drink alcohol instead of eating. The pounds will fall off.

Not if you're trying to reduce your belly size. :lol:

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 01:28 AM
My belly is smaller. :shrug:

Dominic
Apr 25th, 2012, 01:32 AM
I don't wanna be rude but some ppl should really not post advice on here :rolleyes:

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 01:33 AM
So rude! :o

Dominic
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Oh you thought I was refering to you?

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Who else would you be referring to, not that I care.

Dominic
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Who else would you be referring to, not that I care.

There are a couple ppl who wrote bad advice through the pages.

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Because your advice is the best? Your body is not the first one I'd aspire towards, no offense.

Dominic
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Because your advice is the best? Your body is not the first one I'd aspire towards, no offense.

Well seeing as I'm a personal trainer and have a bachelor in kinesiology and some classes in nutrition it's certainly good and who cares what body you aspire for? I can still say that some advice posted here is not good even if you don't want my body!? :confused: That made like no sense.

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:38 AM
I'm saying I would think you would steer people to look like yourself and that's not the direction I would want. But I'm not here for tips. I know how to lose weight.

Sam L
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Sam L u are so knowledgeable on all this health and exercise stuff, it's great. I heard vodka wasn't too bad as far as drinks go so my go to drink is a vodka-tonic I also love dirty vodka martinis. On a night of drinking w.friends I can have up to four of em...lol (don't judge and like I said it's only once a week)

And it's weird that u find eating out helps u eat better, especially since restaurants are known load up with calories. I guess now of days a lot of them provide the calorie count which makes things easier.

Thanks but that just comes from years of experience dealing with all this. But it is more from my own issues rather than actual health problems. But that's another story we won't go into. I think that's fine. My philosophy is that you should've deprive yourself of things. It's all about moderation. Even people who are on the strictest of diets (athletes, bodybuilders) will have a day where they allow themselves treats.

Well, bad eating habits are all mental. I only say that I tend to eat better when I eat out because I don't eat meat and I only have greens and fish when I eat out. But when I'm at home I have snacks and other things in the fridge. It is NOT ideal and certainly not advice for people to do so, it's more an observation for myself. The best thing is to cook your own meals. That is when I eat best because you know exactly what is going into it. It's fun to cook and you eat fresh produce rather than processed foods.

That is not good advice at all. Not sure if you're trying to be funny in this thread or not. You may be skinny and stay skinny but you are also depriving yourself of necessary vitamins and minerals from all food groups.

Dominic
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:44 AM
I'm saying I would think you would steer people to look like yourself and that's not the direction I would want. But I'm not here for tips. I know how to lose weight.

Wally are you aware that as a personal trainer I have all kinds of ppl coming to see me with all kinds of different goals?? Some of them wanna lose weight, some of them wanna get healthier, some of them wanna get muscles, some of the wanna cut and it's my job to be able to tell them how to reach ANY of those goals. I don't just know how to get big muscles. And in none of those goals, drinking alcohol is a valuable advice.

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I'm just saying I would want a different personal trainer. One who looked like what I wanted to look like.

Sam L
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Wally are you aware that as a personal trainer I have all kinds of ppl coming to see me with all kinds of different goals?? Some of them wanna lose weight, some of them wanna get healthier, some of them wanna get muscles, some of the wanna cut and it's my job to be able to tell them how to reach ANY of those goals. I don't just know how to get big muscles. And in none of those goals, drinking alcohol is a valuable advice.

I agree. It's bad but it's a simple pleasure I allow myself.

I'm just saying I would want a different personal trainer. One who looked like what I wanted to look like.

WHY? Sorry but you are totally off track in this thread. A good personal trainer listens to you and helps you by setting realistic goals and plans and give you advice that doesn't go in extreme and is for the long term, not a short term fix. I'm not a personal trainer but I've seen personal trainers and that's how I judge them. Why would I want to look like the personal trainer that's training me? He may want to be a bodybuilder, and I don't? What has his training program got to do with me? A personal trainer should be knowledgeable in all areas, not just one like Dominic said.

Dominic
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:53 AM

First of all that's a very stupid way of thinking, second of all. What do you wanna look like, skinny with no muscles?

delicatecutter
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:56 AM
I wanna look like a corpse.

Dominic
Apr 25th, 2012, 02:57 AM
I wanna look like a corpse.

Well then your advice was good but I don't think most ppl want that in this thread.

Mynarco
Apr 26th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I keep running twice every week, 7km each, for around 40 minutes. I cannot pick up the pace at all (going for <35...I am planning to run a HM in Sept, a 10k in May)

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Third session in the bag. I was sweating like crazy but it wasn't too bad. I already see a difference in my stamina. I have another session 2mrw... I'm scared to weigh myself. I'm thinking I will wait till I'm done w.the trainer before I step on a scale.

Ellen Dawson
Apr 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM
For women, I know the size that most consider average (normal). What would that be for men? What's considered an an average weight? Or do you guys base it on your height? Is the waist size that's considered average?

Just as long as it's not beer, it could work. The down side? Your skin will take a beating (booze dries it out) and you'll look much older than you really are and the more you drink per day accelerates your aging. Some people are willing to "pay the price" to be thin.

Cage
Apr 26th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Ive lost 45 kgs ( use to be 125 kgs :tape: ) But in not so healthy fashion. Have to be so careful i could put it back on so easily :(

Cajka
Apr 26th, 2012, 11:39 PM

Probably, but it's not healthy. And when you're not healthy, you don't look great regardless of your weight. First, you need to eat some real food, calories from alcohol are empty calories. Of course, moderate drinking can not harm you, but drinking instead of eating is wrong on so many levels. Have you visited a doctor after losing the weight?

delicatecutter
Apr 27th, 2012, 12:03 AM
I'm gaining it all back because I deviated from the plan. :hysteric:

Reptilia
Apr 27th, 2012, 01:56 AM
I'm attempting to cut out all processed food from my diet :cheer:

Sam L
Apr 27th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Third session in the bag. I was sweating like crazy but it wasn't too bad. I already see a difference in my stamina. I have another session 2mrw... I'm scared to weigh myself. I'm thinking I will wait till I'm done w.the trainer before I step on a scale.

What sort of sessions are you doing at the moment? Sorry if you have already said before.

I'm attempting to cut out all processed food from my diet :cheer:

That is a GREAT plan.

Mynarco
Apr 27th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I. WANT. TO. GAIN. WEIGHT.

:o

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Comparison of Low-Calorie Beer and Light Beer
COMPARISON OF THE SUPER LOW-CALORIE BEERS

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/04/16/1/192/1922729/83c0fb1ee9b46854_beer.jpg

Traditional beers are full of empty carbs and calories, so the drink has never been diet friendly. Recently, however, many national brands have been promoting their new "healthy" additions to their product lines — beers that are even more low calorie than their light options.

Beers that are low calorie are also low in alcohol content, and some say their taste leaves something to be desired, but they're are a good choice for casual social sipping when you are watching your calories. Check out how super low-calorie options compare to other under-100 calorie beer options after the break.

Beer Calories Carbs (g) Alcohol content (%)
Budweiser Select 55 55 1.9 2.4
Miller Genuine Draft 64 64 2.4 2.8
Beck's Premier Light 64 3.9 2.3
Pabst Pearl Light Beer 68 6 2.1
Michelob Ultra 95 3.2 4.1
Amstel Light 95 5 3.5
Anheuser Busch Natural Light 95 3.2 5.9
Natural Light 95 3.2 4.2
Miller Light 96 3.2 4.2
Budweiser Select 99 3.1 4.3
Heineken Light 99 6.8 3.5

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM
What sort of sessions are you doing at the moment? Sorry if you have already said before. .

I meet w.a trainer two- three times per week and do 20 minutes of cardio and 40 minutes of weight-lifting. We haven't done the same exercise more than once yet- barely started last Thursday. In between lifting he has me jog in place so I'm constantly in motion the full hour. My appetite has drastically decreased since working out. Now of days I'm forcing myself to eat the things he's telling me. I only drink skim milk and water- cut out juice and never drank soda to begin with. I only have carbs for breakfast and have increased my veggie intake. My dinners are either chicken, turkey, salmon, or seafood. I've got a long way to go to hit my fitness goals I mainly want to commit to a program for at least one full year. That's my main goal- more than hitting any specific number.

I do love beer and once a week go drinking w.my mates so I'm exploring low calorie beer. And if do have a drink stick to vodka- but still trying to limit that...

Mynarco
May 8th, 2012, 09:46 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/543490_10150774230899482_670029481_9379378_3076137 62_n.jpg

what's the name of the muscle I am rubbing on in this pic? (It's the muscle right next to the my right kneecap, it's hard and tense when i rub on it) I had some serious pain after running 7km this evening and i am limping when walking. The pain subsides after a couple of days.

ArturoAce.
May 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM

:o

I share your pain!

But I blame myself, really. I don't eat nearly enough calories for how much I exercise, and I'm not one to pound down protein shakes before my workouts. I wish there was an easier way but there isn't.

Dominic
May 9th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I share your pain!

But I blame myself, really. I don't eat nearly enough calories for how much I exercise, and I'm not one to pound down protein shakes before my workouts. I wish there was an easier way but there isn't.

I used to have that problem too. I was like 135 pounds for a VERY large part of my teenage years. Been standing at about 170 now for a couple years.

ArturoAce.
May 9th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I used to have that problem too. I was like 135 pounds for a VERY large part of my teenage years. Been standing at about 170 now for a couple years.

Yes, I can't wait til the day my metabolism slows down. Funny enough I'm around 135 right now. :lol:

With my genes, I think my cap is 150, I can't see myself going beyond that- it'll be great if I do though.

How tall are you btw?

delicatecutter
May 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
He is 5'8".

Serenus Christ
May 10th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Omg this thread exists!?

I was on a hardcore exercise regime before I went on my cruise in November, but after the buffet on the cruise and coming back to Christmas and New Years I kind of went back to eating crap and not excersising :sobbing:

But I'm currently on day 3 of my 45 day Super Challenge to get fit for a holiday at the end of June.. :sobbing:
I just took some jack3d so I really should get to it!

*plays; the new workout plan - kanye west*

Pops Maellard
May 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I've decided to go for a daily walk instead of going for semi-regular runs. Running is way too hard on my calves. My legs are built too heavily and can't stand the punishment :rolleyes:.

Melange
May 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I've decided to go for a daily walk instead of going for semi-regular runs. Running is way too hard on my calves. My legs are built too heavily and can't stand the punishment :rolleyes:.

walking fast is a good exercise. could possibly also trying do a lot of squats. they are good aerobic activity. you can have a good workout without even going outside. BTW jogging does not always have to take place on concrete. doing it on grass or sand is going to be a lot easier on your legs and back. if you are serious about doing any exercise its better to talk to someone who knows what they are doing first.

Dominic
May 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Yes, I can't wait til the day my metabolism slows down. Funny enough I'm around 135 right now. :lol:

With my genes, I think my cap is 150, I can't see myself going beyond that- it'll be great if I do though.

How tall are you btw?

My metabolism is way faster now than it was then. When you gain muscle, your metabolism goes up, I just eat like 2 more meals a day :lol:

I'm 5'8" btw

Pops Maellard
May 11th, 2012, 12:52 AM
walking fast is a good exercise. could possibly also trying do a lot of squats. they are good aerobic activity. you can have a good workout without even going outside. BTW jogging does not always have to take place on concrete. doing it on grass or sand is going to be a lot easier on your legs and back. if you are serious about doing any exercise its better to talk to someone who knows what they are doing first.

Dominic
May 11th, 2012, 02:23 AM
There are many other things you can do to get in shape and lose weight besides jogging you know..

Pops Maellard
May 11th, 2012, 02:51 AM
I know, but I liked that 'cause it got me out of the house ;).

Dominic
May 11th, 2012, 04:49 AM
well almost all of the things I had in mind would have gotten you out of the house lol

Sir Stefwhit
May 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I've completed my 3rd wk of working out w.my trainer. Since I'm not chasing a number on a scale I never weighed myself- but i did take my measurements. In just three weeks I've already lost an amazing 2 inches off my waist. That's very encouraging!

Pops Maellard
Jun 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM
My dieting has gone to all hell for a few weeks now:sobbing:, but I've still not gained any weight because I've been keeping up my regular walks. That's quite encouraging :D.

I really need to get the diet in check though, 'cause I do have a great body underneath there somewhere, I just have to shrink some pounds :).

Melange
Jun 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Weight loss comes mainly from good diet not from exercise

Dominic
Jun 6th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Weight loss comes mainly from good diet not from exercise

Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit which can definitely be created by exercise.

Ellen Dawson
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit which can definitely be created by exercise.

Exactly! It's a great position to be in where you food intake can't keep up with your calorie burning!! :D

Melange
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Yes but usually the problem is the diet

Ellen Dawson
Jun 6th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Yes but usually the problem is the diet

You can eat badly and get away with it if you exercise. Hard. Some people are lucky like that.

Melange
Jun 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM
very few ppl are like that, its easier to lose weight from eating properly than trying to burn it all off, it takes like one hour of cardio to burn a burger. losing weight is so much easier when i just avoid fast food, that stuff is poison

skanky~skanketta
Jun 7th, 2012, 04:47 AM
I'm 5'7 and normally weight between 58-62 kilos. Recently, I had surgery done on my shin and was unable to exercise. I stepped on the scale 2 weeks ago and saw that I weighed 67kgs! I just about died.

Anyway, because I still cant do any running, I've cut out all forms of sugary drinks. No sodas, not sugar in my tea, nothing. Just plain water. I've come down to 65kgs in 2 weeks. I realize that cutting out that one bad thing in your diet helps a lot.

delicatecutter
Jun 7th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I feel lucky (?) that I've never had to undergo any kind of surgery since I broke my arm when I was 6. Is this common?

Ellen Dawson
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM
very few ppl are like that, its easier to lose weight from eating properly than trying to burn it all off, it takes like one hour of cardio to burn a burger. losing weight is so much easier when i just avoid fast food, that stuff is poison

ITA. Fast food is bad news in so many ways. I was just trying to give those peeps who can't go w/o their daily fix of, say, McDonald's, some "hope". You really could have one of their 1200-1600 cal meals everyday. BUT. That one meal is all you're eating for that day. OTOH, you could have as much H20 as you like. :)

wateva
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:00 AM
i've been working out for about 1 and a half years and put on muscles all over me. but the thing is, i cannot get abs! there's this stubborn piece of flab around me waist and it refuses to go away! someone please advice! :(

Sam L
Jun 8th, 2012, 04:04 AM
i've been working out for about 1 and a half years and put on muscles all over me. but the thing is, i cannot get abs! there's this stubborn piece of flab around me waist and it refuses to go away! someone please advice! :(
Do more cardio exercise (like running or tennis) and watch what you're eating (no carbs/processed foods especially at night).

Dominic
Jun 8th, 2012, 04:37 AM

Getting your abs to show is about losing bodyfat.

Ksenia.
Jun 8th, 2012, 06:09 AM

abs are pretty much made in the kitchen :)

wateva
Jun 8th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Do more cardio exercise (like running or tennis) and watch what you're eating (no carbs/processed foods especially at night).
i am running 30 minutes everytime at the gym at speed 10. (not sure how that translates into actual speed) i work out at least 3 times per week. sometimes 5. i don't eat food at night, only fruits. heck, i don't even take carbs during dinner! what else can i do? :sad::sad::sad:

Melange
Jun 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
^We need Dominic's advice

lee station
Jun 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
i'm loving this thread :)
gee, i'm so outta shape it's gross :facepalm:
patience!

lee station
Jun 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM

:oyou want?
be still, don't move, don't burn what you eat. and eat more.

Dominic
Jun 13th, 2012, 09:21 PM
^We need Dominic's advice

Any precise question?

Nicolás89
Jun 13th, 2012, 11:10 PM
i am running 30 minutes everytime at the gym at speed 10. (not sure how that translates into actual speed) i work out at least 3 times per week. sometimes 5. i don't eat food at night, only fruits. heck, i don't even take carbs during dinner! what else can i do? :sad::sad::sad:

I've always wondered this too.

Cajka
Jun 13th, 2012, 11:52 PM
I've always wondered this too.

The treadmill screen shows you how many kilometers you had ran + it tells the number of minutes you spent there, so you can calculate your average speed. It wont tell you precisely what the actual speed of 10 is, but you can get some idea.

wateva
Jun 14th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Any precise question?
about getting rid of my flab around my waist!
the rest of my body is relatively toned except for my belly.
it just looks weird! :(

Nicolás89
Jun 14th, 2012, 12:47 AM
The treadmill screen shows you how many kilometers you had ran + it tells the number of minutes you spent there, so you can calculate your average speed. It wont tell you precisely what the actual speed of 10 is, but you can get some idea.

Oh ok, thank you. So those numbers are just the level of effort or something like that.

Dominic
Jun 14th, 2012, 02:58 AM
about getting rid of my flab around my waist!
the rest of my body is relatively toned except for my belly.
it just looks weird! :(

Well like many ppl said it's all about losing fat, but you have to do muscle training too in order to maintain all your muscle mass and just lose the fat.. Losing fat is achieved by ingesting less calories than you burn, pretty simple!! But don't skip meals or anything.

doktor
Jun 14th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Seriously anyone wanting to lose weight and be healthy, don't listen to delicatecutter. That is not a healthy road to head down.

wateva
Jun 14th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Well like many ppl said it's all about losing fat, but you have to do muscle training too in order to maintain all your muscle mass and just lose the fat.. Losing fat is achieved by ingesting less calories than you burn, pretty simple!! But don't skip meals or anything.
what do you suggest for my meal intake?
i know i need to do cardio but I REALLY HATE IT! :sad:
also, i'm taking 1 scoop protein every morning. any changes need to be made? :confused:

lee station
Jun 17th, 2012, 12:49 AM
i'd like to share this tip on hunger:
when you feel compelled to eat, wait 20 minutes.
if it's real hunger, you'll be hungrier; that's okay, just eat. if it's an anxiety compulsion, it will fade away.

"i will wait, and time will run true"

Dominic
Jun 17th, 2012, 12:53 AM
what do you suggest for my meal intake?
i know i need to do cardio but I REALLY HATE IT! :sad:
also, i'm taking 1 scoop protein every morning. any changes need to be made? :confused:

You mean the amount of calories per day you should take in?

Cajka
Jun 17th, 2012, 01:13 AM
You mean the amount of calories per day you should take in?

... And it's hard to count the calories if you don't eat homemade food.

Dominic
Jun 17th, 2012, 01:28 AM

It's doable and you certainly don't need to count the exact amount of calories in everything you eat to be able to lose weight.. There are really easy and obvious things to do in order to get that number down without actually counting everything.

Melange
Jun 17th, 2012, 04:47 AM

if you want to control your weight its better to eat at home more because you just dont know what they are putting in restaurant food

Melange
Jun 17th, 2012, 05:06 AM
i'd like to share this tip on hunger:
when you feel compelled to eat, wait 20 minutes.
if it's real hunger, you'll be hungrier; that's okay, just eat. if it's an anxiety compulsion, it will fade away.

"i will wait, and time will run true"

you could also try drinking water, if you drink a lot of water you will probably find that you dont get the urge to eat so often

lee station
Jun 17th, 2012, 07:56 AM
yup, works like a charm :D

Shadowcat
Jun 17th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I don't know if this is related or not but I have always been hungry all the time and therefore I will eat a lot (trust me, it's a lot of junk food!) and I will still feel hungry after that. I get thirsty really fast too but it's no wonder because of the weather here. And I'm always tired and out of energy. I'm not fit or healthy at all. What is happening and what can I do about it? I reckon it has to do with school stress.

Melange
Jun 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Cannot do much about the weather, you have to drink a lot of water. You should not try to blame too much on school stress because its not as bad as work stress and next time you will blame even more problems on work stress. You should try to find time to do some exercise, it will give you more energy if you are constantly tired. If outdoor sports or joining a gym are not practical, consider going to the community centre or doing a home workout.

Shadowcat
Jun 17th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Alright, gotcha. Thanks for the advice.

Ksenia.
Jun 17th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I don't know if this is related or not but I have always been hungry all the time and therefore I will eat a lot (trust me, it's a lot of junk food!) and I will still feel hungry after that. I get thirsty really fast too but it's no wonder because of the weather here. And I'm always tired and out of energy. I'm not fit or healthy at all. What is happening and what can I do about it? I reckon it has to do with school stress.

Sounds like you could be dehydrated, do you drink enough water?

Shadowcat
Jun 17th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you could be dehydrated, do you drink enough water?

No, not really.

Ksenia.
Jun 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
No, not really.

Well, you should try :)
Because it just sounds very similar to what I had, I felt hungry (turned out I was actually thirsty) and tired all the time, then I started drinking 2 liters of water a day (and I still do). Worked like magic, ever since I started actually caring about staying hydrated I have enough energy for working out and for everyday stuff like studying and I eat super-healthy without feeling deprived.

Shadowcat
Jun 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Because it just sounds very similar to what I had, I felt hungry (turned out I was actually thirsty) and tired all the time, then I started drinking 2 liters of water a day (and I still do). Worked like magic, ever since I started actually caring about staying hydrated I have enough energy for working out and for everyday stuff like studying and I eat super-healthy without feeling deprived.

Thanks for the tip. But sometimes I don't drink because I don't feel like drinking and I will get bloated.

debopero
Jun 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Perhaps I should subscribe to this thread. I started to try to loose weight last August and by November, I had dropped nearly 60 lbs....but then I completely lost the script and went back to my old eating habits :tape: . At first I tried to get myself back on track; I enjoyed all the comments I received for having lost the weight and I wanted to keep loosing because of that. Unfortunately though, returning to a regular regimen of diet and exercise proved too difficult and since November I have gained 20 lbs :facepalm: .

Any advice on how I can snap out of my laziness and get back on track(which should obviously be much more simple than it seems)?

Melange
Jun 17th, 2012, 03:03 PM

I like drinking water, but then I have to go to the bathroom all the time :sobbing:

lee station
Jun 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
but don't drink too much water, body has a limit

Sir Stefwhit
Jun 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I've done so well over the last month and a half- but I've been vacation for 2 weeks now and I'm pretty sure it's all been undone. I'm trying not too be concerned and just going w.it. I will get back to work when I return back home...

lee station
Jun 18th, 2012, 07:17 PM
feeling strong n ready to do some pushups... :D

haven't done them since december 2008... :facepalm:

lee station
Jun 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM
when i came home i had a yogurt, 4 almonds, warmed up and did 25 push ups.
i wanted to do 50, but hey, it's a beginning.

ArturoAce.
Jun 20th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Perhaps I should subscribe to this thread. I started to try to loose weight last August and by November, I had dropped nearly 60 lbs....but then I completely lost the script and went back to my old eating habits :tape: . At first I tried to get myself back on track; I enjoyed all the comments I received for having lost the weight and I wanted to keep loosing because of that. Unfortunately though, returning to a regular regimen of diet and exercise proved too difficult and since November I have gained 20 lbs :facepalm: .

Any advice on how I can snap out of my laziness and get back on track(which should obviously be much more simple than it seems)?

Well you certainly know what to do, you just need some motivation. :lol:

First, don't buy junk food or sugary drinks; if you don't have it, you won't eat it. :lol: That's a good and easy way to start, I guess. :)

Srodgers
Jun 20th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Is it not possible for everyone to get a 6 pack? I have 9% body fat and run, do abs and do pushups almost everyday and I cant seem to get my pack :sad:

Any suggestions?

Cajka
Jun 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM
if you want to control your weight its better to eat at home more because you just dont know what they are putting in restaurant food

Yes, that was my point, when I order the food, it seems to contain more fat than the food I prepare. I decided to prepare the food at home when we discovered that my bf had high triglycerides, which was a shock because he's totally skinny. He loved eating out a lot, but, of course, he didn't want to get a heart attack or a stroke at the age of 27, so we decided to change something. The food that I make is not fat free of course, but his blood results are good now.

Losing weight is not the ultimate goal, the important thing is also what you eat to lose weight. My bf was skinny, but not healthy at all.

Dominic
Jun 20th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Is it not possible for everyone to get a 6 pack? I have 9% body fat and run, do abs and do pushups almost everyday and I cant seem to get my pack :sad:

Any suggestions?

If your muscles aren't big enough, you won't be able to see them, no matter how little fat there is... BTW what method did you use to get that percentage?

Ksenia.
Jun 20th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Any suggestions?Don't do abs everyday. I'm serious :) Your muscles need rest, there's no use in tiring a muscle that isn't recovered.
How are you so sure about your body fat % btw? I had mine measured with 2 different devices and the results varied by like 7% :lol:

debby
Jun 20th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I hate diets, I hate exercising. :o

Ok so I was 120 lbs for 5"15 ft (aka 60kg for 157 cm) and started to hate myself, so I decided to start a diet.
In three weeks, I've lost 8 lbs (4kg) :dance: so now 56 kg ish.

Actually, thing is that before April, I was staying much more often in my small apartment, so I went shopping alone, and since Monoprix is expensive as fuck, I don't buy a lot of things but a lot of food in cans. And I heated food and cooked my meat without butter. But my eating habits were messed (no breakfast, sometimes even skipping lunch because I forgot, unhealthy food once per week...) :silly: Then in April, I went back home for two weeks then a week of exams then week end at home then another week of exams then off till end of September. So with my parents, we were having a lot of apéritifs (wine with unhealthy food that doesn't fill your stomach :o :o but so damn yummyyyyyyyy), and we used butter everywhere.

So my diet is low calories (800/1000 calories per day), but that's because we've stopped putting butter everywhere.. I am a veggies fan, I love fruits too, I still eat a bit of cheese (but much less than before..) and last week, we even stopped our diet for two days so it would not be too hard to keep on doing it. It feels so great, I lost a bit of my chubby cheeks, a lot of stomach and hips, and most importantly like Cajka said : being healthy.
And oh my god, I have never realized how ridic the portions of food were ! We defo eat too much nowadays !

I wanted to start exercising, and on Sunday : 30mn of elliptic bicycle, 10 abs, 10mn jogging, 5mn carrying some weights with my arms. I did it again on Monday. Then my left leg started hurting, so I didn't exercise yesterday, but today it still hurts. :o I will do some elliptic bicycle anyway ! :lol:

Melange
Jun 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
sounds like a good idea. so if you fry anything, you will use butter? how about vegetable oil

try doing squats as well, its very good for legs :drool:

debby
Jun 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
sounds like a good idea. so if you fry anything, you will use butter? how about vegetable oil

try doing squats as well, its very good for legs :drool:

Nah I am trying to not use butter nor oil (too high calories) so no fried food. I have a great oven that can grill meat and so on without any butter, etc. so it's good !
But I won't stop eating fried food if I crave it or that I am invited somewhere like next Friday, it's my uncle's birthday. Adding butter to everything = unhealthy. I just realized that, and I already lost a few pounds so...

Squats ? Oh yes I should do that as well ! ;) Maybe not today.. IDK my leg still hurts :lol:

lee station
Jun 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
i think that, if you're able to do exercise and burn the calories you eat, then the diet is not so important. but it's good to avoid the butter, and the mayonnaise :) :D

lee station
Jun 20th, 2012, 12:18 PM

Any suggestions?

i think you should focus on the abs exercises more than on the other exercises. :)
but do it little by little :)

Dominic
Jun 20th, 2012, 03:45 PM

Any suggestions?

But getting bigger muscles (abs) is not about doing sit-ups as often as possible lol. Don't fall in that trap. IT's a bit more complicated than that, you would need a personalized program to maximize your results. PM me if you want..

Srodgers
Jun 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
If your muscles aren't big enough, you won't be able to see them, no matter how little fat there is... BTW what method did you use to get that percentage?

At our physicals for sports at school we get them measured when they take these things and pinch areas of your body if you know what I mean, I felt bad for bigger kids :sad:

Umberella
Jun 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM
This thread is incredible! Plenty of good hints and tips, will definitely be looking forward to reading much more of everyone's advice :)

I've been one of those people who fluctuates a lot in weight - over the last few years, I have varied between 75 to 98 kilograms (not sure what that translates in pounds), but recently I decided to join the gym and am making a conscious effort to try and improve my diet. So hopefully I'll be able to maintain a healthy weight and stay there in the long run.

I've got a couple of particular questions...

Firstly, I am a vegetarian (I eat fish on occassion, but no more than once a week). I was just wondering what would be some good sources of protein and iron that I could consume that don't have meat in them?

Also, when I do go to the gym, how do you recommend I structure my workouts? Is it best to have 1 day of cardio and then 1 day of weights? Or is it better to do a bit of each every time? And also, when doing weights, is it better to have different days where I focus on different muscle groups, or should I just do a mix of everything?

Sorry for having so many questions :p

Ksenia.
Jun 20th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Firstly, I am a vegetarian (I eat fish on occassion, but no more than once a week). I was just wondering what would be some good sources of protein and iron that I could consume that don't have meat in them?

Fellow vegetarian here :bigwave: Soy products, dairy, beans, eggs are rich in protein. Soy also has plenty of iron, so it's a kind of a must-have in veggie diet :lol: Other good sources of iron are quinoa, lentils, spinach, oatmeal.

debby
Jun 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Fellow vegetarian here :bigwave: Soy products, dairy, beans, eggs are rich in protein. Soy also has plenty of iron, so it's a kind of a must-have in veggie diet :lol: Other good sources of iron are quinoa, lentils, spinach, oatmeal.

Lentils, beans, spinach, eggs, nom nom nom nom

I love pretty much everything. :lol: I am such a glutton.

delicatecutter
Jun 20th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure I gained back all the weight that I lost. :sad:

lee station
Jun 21st, 2012, 08:36 AM
yesterday i did exercises with some weight in my hands and today just some light exercise and shadowboxing as my muscles are getting used to the new activity

Miss Atomic Bomb
Jul 27th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Was in the hospital for two weeks from a nasty chest infection a few months ago and lost a over a stone in muscle (as if I wasnt twinkish enough!). Recently began training again and been trying to put it back on! It was quite disheartening at first to see my performance drop so much, but slowly getting it back! Its so important to keep focused, not lose sight of your goals and keep at it.

Thankfully I dont like being beefy nor nor do I find beefy guys attractive, so as long as I get back all my tone, I will be happy.

Sir Stefwhit
Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Okay... I've taken the longest break from working out (3 wks) since I started working out, but I'm eating super healthy so although I haven't been working out I've still been losing. :)