PDA

View Full Version : Obama backs out of last Debate

BigB08822
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2008/04/22/what-does-the-north-carolina-debate-retreat-mean/?icid=100214839x1200492507x1200018377

Rocketta
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
he didn't back out, he never agreed to it.

North Carolina Democratic debate canceled

By Paul J. GoughMon Apr 21, 9:15 PM ET

Katie Couric won't get her debate after all.
After several weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations with the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, the North Carolina Democratic Party said Monday it was canceling plans for an April 27 debate that would have aired on CBS following "60 Minutes."
Clinton had immediately agreed to the debate, which would have been held in Raleigh, but Obama's camp wanted to wait until after Tuesday's primary in Pennsylvania. But the logistical questions and concerns had become so great that the debate couldn't continue without a commitment from Obama.
That leaves hanging CBS News and Couric, who had staked out a claim to this debate and had given prime TV real estate -- following "60 Minutes" -- in order to assure the debate. An earlier attempt to hold a debate with Couric and "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer last December in Los Angeles was canceled due to the writers strike.
"You have shown tremendous passion and interest in being a part of history as Democrats are poised this year to elect the first female or African-American president," the party said in a statement. "However, there were also growing concerns about what another debate would do to party unity."
A CBS News executive said Monday afternoon that the network would continue to look for an opportunity for a debate, although it acknowledged it would be a challenge.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Obama backs out of last Debate :rolleyes:

Keep spinning....

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM

Keep spinning....

It's the exact same thing he did in Wisconsin. "Party unity". If he cared about that, he'd by trying to assure Hillary's voters he would cater to them too. Instead of calling them bitter and his supporters calling Hillary voters DUMB. :cough:

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
It's the exact same thing he did in Wisconsin. "Party unity". If he cared about that, he'd by trying to assure Hillary's voters he would cater to them too. Instead of calling them bitter and his supporters calling Hillary voters DUMB. :cough:More spin. You're actually kind of funny to me today. Thanks because I was under a deadline, and now I've gotten it taken care of. You're here, though. It's like a cute little toy. No, seriously....like a little toy. Anyway....

Where did he call Hillary's supporters bitter, ITZ? Where did his supporters call Hillary "voters" dumb?

I breathlessly await your response.

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=13007817&postcount=26

Obama did have the answers. The questions were simply irrelevant to what the smart people are interested in. Look @ the polling demographic. The smart peopole are voting for Obama. As it looks now, more "smart" people are voting.;)

:) And how is it spin when it's against Obama, but TRUTH! PREACH IT! FACT! when it's for Obama? :confused: :weirdo: :confused:

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
http://wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=13007817&postcount=26

:) And how is it spin when it's against Obama, but TRUTH! PREACH IT! FACT! when it's for Obama? :confused: :weirdo: :confused::rolleyes: Umm...check the polling demographic. Everybody knows that the college educated and affluent vote for him. In America, those are usually smart people.

No, HRC wants another debate because her ass is $10 million dollar in debt, and she wants the face time on national television without having to campaign. Her supporters aren't funding her campaign.

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Oh but the Hillary camp was racist when pointing out that black people were voting for Obama? Clear demographics, right?

Again, Obama and his camp can say anything they want and not be held accountable.

Figures.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Oh but the Hillary camp was racist when pointing out that black people were voting for Obama? Clear demographics, right? WTH are you talking about? How is this relevant @ all to what we're talking about. :tape:

Again, Obama and his camp can say anything they want and not be held accountable.

Figures.I'm being very serious. What is the point of this post? You seem to have rebutted an argument that I didn't make. I'm sitting @ my desk cracking up. :haha:

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
My point is you called Hillary's voters dumb the same way Pres. Clinton and Clinton's camp have commented on black voting trends. They were race baiting. And racist. And black haters.

How come you're not being just as bad? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:38 PM
My point is you called Hillary's voters dumb the same way Pres. Clinton and Clinton's camp have commented on black voting trends. They were race baiting. And racist. And black haters.

How come you're not being just as bad? :confused: :confused: :confused:Umm....find a place where I called Hillary's voters dumb. :lol: For that matter, you can't find a place where I called Bill and Hillary race baiters. I don't think they're racist.

Seriously, ITZ, are you ok today, bud? You're coming outta left field more than normal.

doni1212
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:53 PM
:rolleyes: Umm...check the polling demographic. Everybody knows that the college educated and affluent vote for him. In America, those are usually smart people.

No, HRC wants another debate because her ass is $10 million dollar in debt, and she wants the face time on national television without having to campaign. Her supporters aren't funding her campaign.

That is exactly what's happening, :yeah:

kiwifan
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Smart move by Barack, Clinton isn't on his level anymore so he shouldn't let her 'try' to appear that way. :devil:

samsung101
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM
He found out when he is asked tough questions he doesn't fare as well.

When he can't spin things on his own terms, he doesn't come off as well.

The last debate did not hurt him that much.
But, it did not help him.

Whine and moan came after that....sour grapes.

He does not have to do the debate (forum, they're not debates).
He is under no obligation.

But, it gives Hillary a tool to hit him with.

He should easily win the Democratic vote in that state anyway.

He just can't seem to win the big states though.

Another tool Hillary has over him.

Too bad the Democrats don't really count the votes, they
sort of figure them out with some weird plan, and then
overule those with the super duper secret delegates that
are for sale.

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2008, 04:47 PM
He found out when he is asked tough questions he doesn't fare as well.

When he can't spin things on his own terms, he doesn't come off as well.

The last debate did not hurt him that much.
But, it did not help him.

Whine and moan came after that....sour grapes.

He does not have to do the debate (forum, they're not debates).
He is under no obligation.

But, it gives Hillary a tool to hit him with.

He should easily win the Democratic vote in that state anyway.

He just can't seem to win the big states though.

Another tool Hillary has over him.

Too bad the Democrats don't really count the votes, they
sort of figure them out with some weird plan, and then
overule those with the super duper secret delegates that
are for sale.You're like a spin machine. Obama did accept the debate, but it took Hillary's people 3 weeks to reject the proposal.

He accepted CBS's original date of April 19th, Hillary did on the 27th. Both said the other one would work on their schedules. So Why is it fair to say that Obama chickened out?

Then again, what do you care? Win or lose, you'll hate whoever is elected the Democratic nominee.

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:35 PM
They've had enough debates for the public to make a choice, but he had to know that the timing of his decision would be criticized. I don't blame him for taking some time away from debates, but it's pretty well known that Hillary is the superior debater.

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
They've had enough debates for the public to make a choice, but he had to know that the timing of his decision would be criticized. I don't blame him for taking some time away from debates, but it's pretty well known that Hillary is the superior debater.She's not just a superior debater. I think she very well may be the best I've ever seen in public office. I think she's even better than her husband.

She's eloquent(sp?), poised, and smart when it comes to debating.

treufreund
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM
she is a superior debater and discusser of all the issues, ergo she is the better candidate by far. He is a wuss faker.

mykarma
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM
he didn't back out, he never agreed to it.

North Carolina Democratic debate canceled

By Paul J. GoughMon Apr 21, 9:15 PM ET

Katie Couric won't get her debate after all.
After several weeks of behind-the-scenes negotiations with the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, the North Carolina Democratic Party said Monday it was canceling plans for an April 27 debate that would have aired on CBS following "60 Minutes."
Clinton had immediately agreed to the debate, which would have been held in Raleigh, but Obama's camp wanted to wait until after Tuesday's primary in Pennsylvania. But the logistical questions and concerns had become so great that the debate couldn't continue without a commitment from Obama.
That leaves hanging CBS News and Couric, who had staked out a claim to this debate and had given prime TV real estate -- following "60 Minutes" -- in order to assure the debate. An earlier attempt to hold a debate with Couric and "Face the Nation" host Bob Schieffer last December in Los Angeles was canceled due to the writers strike.
"You have shown tremendous passion and interest in being a part of history as Democrats are poised this year to elect the first female or African-American president," the party said in a statement. "However, there were also growing concerns about what another debate would do to party unity."
A CBS News executive said Monday afternoon that the network would continue to look for an opportunity for a debate, although it acknowledged it would be a challenge.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Name of the thread is interesting isn't it. :lol:

Pureracket
Apr 24th, 2008, 07:51 PM
she is a superior debater and discusser of all the issues, ergo she is the better candidate by far. He is a wuss faker.That's why he's winning, right? Please stop trying to challenge his masculinity. It's sexist.

Vlover
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=treufreund;13018098]she is a superior debater and discusser of all the issues, ergo she is the better candidate by far.

Good for her, therefore she should have no problem winning the remaining states with 68% margin that she needs in order to prove her superiority.:rolleyes:

I can't blame him for not wanting to be on stage with "Sybil"any more. Now I can understand why Bill get some on the side because living with spit personalities there is no telling who is going to show up "sweety" or the "bitch":tape:

LeonHart
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Hillary is better when it comes to the debates. Why? Because she can start preaching her economic plans and what she plans to do when she steps in to the white house (which pretty much matches how she has ran this campaign so far). Obama on the other hand can't really preach his "I'm going to change the white house" thing in the debates because then people are gonna start asking HOW and he really doesn't have a clear answer from what I can see. Don't get me wrong he has answered these questions but he always seems like he's unsure when topics like these pop up.

mykarma
Apr 25th, 2008, 03:51 AM

Keep spinning....
:lol:

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 25th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by Vlover

Good for her, therefore she should have no problem winning the remaining states with 68% margin that she needs in order to prove her superiority.:rolleyes:

I can't blame him for not wanting to be on stage with "Sybil"any more. Now I can understand why Bill get some on the side because living with spit personalities there is no telling who is going to show up "sweety" or the "bitch":tape:Isn't this the truth :lol:

plantman
Apr 25th, 2008, 04:11 AM
She's not just a superior debater. I think she very well may be the best I've ever seen in public office. I think she's even better than her husband.

She's eloquent(sp?), poised, and smart when it comes to debating.

I'm going to sleep on it, but I may just give you a good rep for this post my friend!:)

mykarma
Apr 25th, 2008, 04:31 AM
I'm going to sleep on it, but I may just give you a good rep for this post my friend!:)
yours was also pretty good.