PDA

View Full Version : ABC News Democratic Debate PROTEST!

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Run time: 05:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obNcs0kqFjk

obNcs0kqFjk

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
The lapel pin lady was a plant. That makes it even more disgusting. Them lying saying they were answering the questions the people wanted answer. Lies-lies-lies. Awesome protest. I know abc is feeling the heat. Their programming sucks, and now their main anchor has lost his credibility. What a mess.

abercrombieguy23
Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Don't these people have jobs? I go to school and work 7 days a week...

Time to get over it....

There are much bigger things than one debate considering we've have like 30 of them already

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Don't these people have jobs? I go to school and work 7 days a week...

Time to get over it....

There are much bigger things than one debate considering we've have like 30 of them alreadyYou're taking care of your responsibilities by going to work and school. Nice.

These people obviously had off time or are self-employed or had the day off from school. :lol:

Either way, they are absolutely right for standing up against that crap of a debate ABC news pulled the other night.

btw:
-condescending on a group of people because they don't do what you do.

-insensitive remark for another person's right to protest a larger institution

-minimizing a group of people's problems by pointing out that something else is more important

you kinda sound like samsung in this post. careful.

http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=13007144&postcount=10:tape:

BigB08822
Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Good, ABC sucks big time in this regard. I do love a lot of their shows though!

Kart
Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
The protesters (sp?) don't exactly come across as the sharpest tacks but they do have a fair point.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Right now, that debate is extremely important given its propinquity to the Pennsylvania primary. It was the most watched debate out of the "like 30" and the only to have been broadcast on national television.

Thankfully, most informed people didn't take the pathetic excuse for journalism seriously. It was probably the most poorly handled debate by the mainstream media that I've seen this election. And that's saying something as few of them have actually moved beyond unnecessary and irrelevant drama that has nothing to do with important campaign issues."Propinquity?" Do your thang, Miching.;)

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM
The protesters (sp?) don't exactly come across as the sharpest tacks but they do have a fair point.I can agree with that.

That woman who says, "Appeals to the lowest common denominator," is dead on.

samsung101
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
It is rather silly to bother with this.

Unless the same people protest the way ABC has held and conducted Republican
debates, or even talks with Republican figures, like Sunday with McCain and
George....using the same tactics...then, this is nothing more than sour grapes
and a lot of whining.

Get over it.

It's a forum, a debate.

Nothing that was asked was or should have been a surprise for Barack.

Charlie & George did a decent job, and did try to make sure the current
items about Obama and Hillary (she was asked about her 'sniper' lies),
were brought up, along with the other issues.

We've heard everything they both have to say about health care, war, retreat,
defeat, taxes, gas prices, puppies, the wind, the sun, anything...for a year,
especially since November.

Character and how you react under pressure are also legitimate issues. As is
the issue of who you associate with - for 5, 10, 20 years in some cases. People
who have serious legal and ethical questions around them.

Whitewater and Travelgate, her husbands affairs, her lies about snipers and
women being turned away at hospitals, her Chinese campaign finance connections
(guys on trial now), etc., are all fair game for Hillary.

Just as Rezko, Wright, Ayers, #1 liberal ranking, refusal to wear a flag lapel,
wifes comments about nothing to be proud of America for, his bitter comments about
small town people, etc., all fair game too.

The lapel question- about time it was asked publicly in a large setting.
In fact, he lied in his answer. The blogs have quite a few quotes from
him about the flag lapel thing. Bottom line, it's beneath him to wear it.
The flag is beneath him to be around. Unless, he has to give a speech to
offset the racist rantings of his 20 year pastor, in which case, he had
about 20 flags behind him.

George interrupted McCain on almost every question,
asked some hard questions,
and was actually a little rude, never smiled, as if to
prove he's being 'fair' in his tough questioning.
McCain just smiled, and answered.
Actually, probably the best interview he's done on the campaign.

samsung101
Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
Again, if the Democrats can't deal with friendly territory like ABC News,
what can they handle?

Get over it.

If the Republicans can regularly deal with the far left loons at MSNBC and CNN and
CBS, NBC, ABC, and BBC, and NY Times, LA Times, etc., down the line.....I think the
Dems should grow up and handle a few tough questions from normally friendly fire at
ABC.

Clinton worked with George.
Duh. That's been the case for 10 years in his role at ABC.
He's been praised over and over for being brilliant and
fair and open. But, now,.....oh no, he's unfair. Sorry,
doesn't fly. He's been a DNC promoter for years, and
gotten a pass on it. Too late to protest now.

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Stupid politics always getting the best of Obama. Oh wait, he is in politics isn't he?

Weird. If I wanted to be President, I should be able to handle some questions and have the answers. Not just open up the celestial skies and hope for votes.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Stupid politics always getting the best of Obama. Oh wait, he is in politics isn't he?

Weird. If I wanted to be President, I should be able to handle some questions and have the answers. Not just open up the celestial skies and hope for votes.Again, this why you're losing.

You've not even mentioned the thread or the political issues these people are mentioning. Instead, you've used juvenile sarcasm. It's a typical kind of condescending behaviour that works in "old politics."

NOT THIS TIME!!!!!

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:18 PM

Weird. If I wanted to be President, I should be able to handle some questions and have the answers. Not just open up the celestial skies and hope for votes.I'm wired from coffee, and I can deal with you and samesong. Clinton/McCain. Interesting.

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
Again, this why you're losing.

You've not even mentioned the thread or the political issues these people are mentioning. Instead, you've used juvenile sarcasm. It's a typical kind of condescending behaviour that works in "old politics."

NOT THIS TIME!!!!!

You know what's truly juvenile? Crying that your candidate finally got handed some questions that he couldn't answer. That's juvenile. God forbid Obama get grilled on PRESIDENTIAL POLICIES AND ISSUES.

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:20 PM
I'm wired from coffee, and I can deal with you and samesong. Clinton/McCain. Interesting.

Juvenile sarcasm? I've noticed some of your posts as of late and if someone doesn't agree with you, you create a very hostile environment. You've done it in several Serena threads. You do realize that people do not have to agree with you, right? Not quite sure you're aware of that.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
Juvenile sarcasm? I've noticed some of your posts as of late and if someone doesn't agree with you, you create a very hostile environment. You've done it in several Serena threads. You do realize that people do not have to agree with you, right? Not quite sure you're aware of that.Oh, blah, blah, blah. Cut the crap. How in the hell does one create an hostile environment. What? I get the mods to somehow alter posts?

I respond to the posts that are written. If a poster....let's say....says something dumb about racism(http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12982261&postcount=3.....ummm....especially) when racism hadn't been brought up in the thread, then I would imagine things can become rather hostile.

Now, I'm waiting on you to respond with an argument that is somehow irrelevant to our current topic like you always do.:rolleyes:

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:40 PM
Oh, blah, blah, blah. Cut the crap. How in the hell does one create an hostile environment. What? I get the mods to somehow alter posts?

I respond to the posts that are written. If a poster....let's say....says something dumb about racism(http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12982261&postcount=3.....ummm....especially) when racism hadn't been brought up in the thread, then I would imagine things can become rather hostile.

Now, I'm waiting on you to respond with an argument that is somehow irrelevant to our current topic like you always do.:rolleyes:

This post is relevant: protesting the debate is STUPID. If Obama had the answers, he wouldn't have looked stupid. Don't blame ABC for Obama not knowing what to say.

Svetlana.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
I actually liked the last debate. And if some people are already sure who Obama is good for them. But, for the rest Barack is still a mistery and people want to know who he is and what he really is about.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:49 PM
This post is relevant: protesting the debate is STUPID. If Obama had the answers, he wouldn't have looked stupid. Don't blame ABC for Obama not knowing what to say.Of course, it's stupid to you. A display of stupidity, though, is one who does not take the time to see what a dissenting voice is talking about. Kinda like how you claimed racism in that link I posted. Now, that shit is what was stupid.

Oh, never did I say Obama didn't know what to say. He did fine. The questions were the kind of tabloid issues that got Bush to be president. It's not working this time, though.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
I actually liked the last debate. And if some people are already sure who Obama is good for them. But, for the rest Barack is still a mistery and people want to know who he is and what he really is about.You think spending 50 minutes discussing Rev. Wright, "bitterness," and his friggin' flag lapel lets people know, "What he really is about"?

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Of course, it's stupid to you. A display of stupidity, though, is one who does not take the time to see what a dissenting voice is talking about. Kinda like how you claimed racism in that link I posted. Now, that shit is what was stupid.

Oh, never did I say Obama didn't know what to say. He did fine. The questions were the kind of tabloid issues that got Bush to be president. It's not working this time, though.

Okay, and the tabloids questions weren't only directed at him.

And continue to keep pointing at my racist post. You continue to create personal vendettas and then use ad hominem attacks. You do realize that if anything is stupid, THAT IS STUPID.

My post was sarcastic and wasn't even racist. Your entire thread was stupid. It was unfounded and was asking for the irrefutable line: "RACISTS!" Please tell me, did anyone agree, YET? When I last checked, 5 pages and not a single person agreed ( or cared ).

Continue to create personal vendettas. It contributes nothing and promotes your continued hostile environment. Again, people can disagree with you. Unlike you, people are allowed to see things in colors that aren't black and white.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
Okay, and the tabloids questions weren't only directed at him.

And continue to keep pointing at my racist post. You continue to create personal vendettas and then use ad hominem attacks. You do realize that if anything is stupid, THAT IS STUPID.

My post was sarcastic and wasn't even racist. Your entire thread was stupid. It was unfounded and was asking for the irrefutable line: "RACISTS!" Please tell me, did anyone agree, YET? When I last checked, 5 pages and not a single person agreed ( or cared ).

Continue to create personal vendettas. It contributes nothing and promotes your continued hostile environment. Again, people can disagree with you. Unlike you, people are allowed to see things in colors that aren't black and white.
Sooo....this is a consensus board? Depending on how many people agreee on a point makes the actual thread relevant? :confused: (This isn't in high school anymore. I don't care about being the "popular guy"). Btw, there were several people who disagreed with me, but they saw my point. You weren't even smart enough to do that. Your ass started creaming @ the thought of jumping on one of my posts, then yelled, "Racism." You were wrong, and I'm glad you were finally exposed on it. You're certainly not important enough for me to have a personal vendetta against you. Then again, I'm almost sure you're using that term out of its context. Not a problem, I do that too.

Yeah, as much as you want to dismiss the issue, the racism accusation was/is a big deal. It's funny that you say people can see in different colours. Go back to that thread. You're the one who "colourized" it in the first place.

Svetlana.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:09 PM
You think spending 50 minutes discussing Rev. Wright, "bitterness," and his friggin' flag lapel lets people know, "What he really is about"?

How else would people know where Obama stands if not from him?

If you are clear and don't get bothered by Barack's connection with Rev. Wright it's absolutely fine. But, don't try to attack those who are still not sure.

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:14 PM
Sooo....this is a consensus board? Depending on how many people agreee on a point makes the actual thread relevant? :confused: (This isn't in high school anymore. I don't care about being the "popular guy"). Btw, there were several people who disagreed with me, but they saw my point. You weren't even smart enough to do that. Your ass started creaming @ the thought of jumping on one of my posts, then yelled, "Racism." You were wrong, and I'm glad you were finally exposed on it. You're certainly not important enough for me to have a personal vendetta against you. Then again, I'm almost sure you're using that term out of its context. Not a problem, I do that too.

Yeah, as much as you want to dismiss the issue, the racism accusation was/is a big deal. It's funny that you say people can see in different colours. Go back to that thread. You're the one who "colourized" it in the first place.

Do you ever shut up? All you do is paint people as racists and put them on a supposed "black list". I understood the point of the thread and thought it was STUPID.

Obama should have had the answers. Hillary wasn't grilled because we know where she stands, she had the answers, and didn't leave "filler" spots to get criticized. Instead, ABC made Obama clarify and give answers. Don't blame ABC, blame Obama.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Do you ever shut up? All you do is paint people as racists and put them on a supposed "black list". I understood the point of the thread and thought it was STUPID. See, you're acting juvenile again, and this discussion is getting the best of you. I've never "black listed" (how does one do that?) you or called you a "racist." I simply pointed out the truth in that thread. Check it for yourself. Goodness knows everybody else has. LOL! You're making things up because you're getting frustrated, ITZ.

Obama should have had the answers. Hillary wasn't grilled because we know where she stands, she had the answers, and didn't leave "filler" spots to get criticized. Instead, ABC made Obama clarify and give answers. Don't blame ABC, blame Obama.Obama did have the answers. The questions were simply irrelevant to what the smart people are interested in. Look @ the polling demographic. The smart peopole are voting for Obama. As it looks now, more "smart" people are voting.;)

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM
How else would people know where Obama stands if not from him?

If you are clear and don't get bothered by Barack's connection with Rev. Wright it's absolutely fine. But, don't try to attack those who are still not sure.Well, I'm clear, but do you honestly think the Wright issue should trump the issues of health care, the economy, and the Iraq War.:confused:

In The Zone
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
See, you're acting juvenile again, and this discussion is getting the best of you. I've never "black listed" (how does one do that?) you or called you a "racist." I simply pointed out the truth in that thread. Check it for yourself. Goodness knows everybody else has. LOL! You're making things up because you're getting frustrated, ITZ.

Obama did have the answers. The questions were simply irrelevant to what the smart people are interested in. Look @ the polling demographic. The smart peopole are voting for Obama. As it looks now, more "smart" people are voting.;)

Do you ever get tired? I am so sick of your gimmick. I am not getting frustrated, trust me. You're not worth my emotions. I am just sick of your posts. And I know, I know. IGNORE, right? You're so tired.

So what that the smart people are voting for him? What does that mean? Smart people should have more votes than dumb people? I don't quite get the point of your post. Considering myself, wannabe, and others are clearly smarter than you are. Are you trying to say that we're dumb? I think you just proved and cemented all my opinions of you with that comment.

Your gimmick is so old. Get a new one.

Pureracket
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:44 PM
Considering myself, wannabe, and others are clearly smarter than you are. Are you trying to say that we're dumb? I think you just proved and cemented all my opinions of you with that comment.[/b]

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: