PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams' Signature Shot

GogoGirl
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hey All,

X-cuse me if this has been posted - but they showed it today after Serena's win. I thought it strong. It'a a nice piece, and she looks so good. Venus's is on second link.

"YOU'RE LOOKING GOOD SERENA" "KEEP IT GOING"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=31321541

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=serena+williams%27+signature+shot&btnG=Google+Search

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Personally, Serena should have had the serve. I like that though:) Remeber seeing it at Australian Open

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Personally, I think Serena's shot- the one which was so devastating in her 1st USO win was her inside out BACKHAND!!

esquímaux
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I LOVED IT! The clip was amazing and so truthful! All of the key points Serena outlined were SPOT ON (legs, hipz, etc.). Thanks for sharing this clip :D

heartBREAKeRS
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Nice, I'm gonna save this!

Dunlop1
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Her signature shot is her Serve.
However Vaidisova already did the serve for the Signature Shot series so I guess they couldn't do another serve.
If you look on youtube you will find James Blake signature shot forehand, Vaidisova sig shot serve

Serena's serve is definitely her signature shot. She can flatten it out and place it on a dime. She has very good topspin on her kick serve. The shot is solid and just doesn't break down. The technique is simple and the motion is fluid from the ball toss to her knee bend.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:56 AM
The crosscourt backhand return of serve ! She must have hit that shot atleast half a dozen times within 2 return of services agains JJ in Miami.I would be happy to hit 6 in a whole match :angel:.

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Apr 20th, 2008, 04:17 AM
In my humble opinion, Serena's signature shot is her serve.

metamorpha
Apr 20th, 2008, 04:42 AM
IMO, her signature shot is her ferocious return serve, especially on 2nd serve.

Reminds me of James Blake ability and also Fernando Gonzalez in AO 07 mode (whose killer-forehand inspired her that time).

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I think her best shot is her serve too but her backhand's nothing to turn your nose up.....although.....:unsure: why they didn't do "you know who" is beyond me (or maybe they'll use her for the volley, since those are pretty good).

So who's done one:
Venus
Serena
James
Nicole

who else?

qc_aneres
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:56 AM
^^

jfaithfully
Apr 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
i would say yes her serve and if she times it right her f.h is a real big shot, the many times i have seen her oppenents not move or court sleeping

Mikey B
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:33 AM
all her shots are huge when on, but there's no doubt that her serve is her signature shot.. without that who knows where she'd be...

Destiny
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I would say her return of slow second serve is her signature shot. Just the attitude she does it in and how fast it's returned. Great to watch too:drool:

But her serve also is a good one!!

Destiny
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Just saw Venus has that one so thats probably why she choose backhand..

Mina Vagante
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I think her best shot is her serve too but her backhand's nothing to turn your nose up.....although.....:unsure: why they didn't do "you know who" is beyond me (or maybe they'll use her for the volley, since those are pretty good).

So who's done one:
Venus
Serena
James
Nicole

who else?

Thats all I have seen

Destiny
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:40 PM
this is the shot a bit 1.26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZ031Q48NI&feature=related

V-MAC
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Not sure about the "return of serve" being Vee's signature shot :shrug: I prob would have given her the backhand instead.

SV_Fan
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Vee or Ree should have the serve but thats good one of them got the return of serve

Sam L
Apr 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
It's the serve:

http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/38892/p/f/serenacatsuit.jpg

SV_Fan
Apr 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
i think vee could of gotten anything except the forehand. Vee is an amazing player herself. Her backhand amazing. But her DTL returns are :drool: