PDA

View Full Version : Bari 25K Final: Arantxa Rus (NED) def. Alberta Brianti(ITA,7) 2-6/7-5/6-3

Elwin.
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:06 PM
what a tournament for The AO junior Champ.
she defeated Meddens, #5 seed Pereira, #3 seed Zahlavova , #2 seed Hradecka and in the final #7 seed Brianti.

Aran :hearts: :yeah:
she is boosting up the rankings

welcome to the top 300 :bounce:

Natash.
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:20 PM
:eek: :woohoo: Great job Arantxa! Really climbing up the rankings these last few tournaments! :hearts:

New_balls_please
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Arantxa :yeah: :bounce:
What an amazing and impressive run these weeks :hearts:

Gerben
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Arantxa :)
Hopefully she can make the QD of the US Open.

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Go dutch girls :rocker2:
;)

Cp6uja
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
what a tournament for The AO junior Champ.
she defeated Meddens, #5 seed Pereira, #3 seed Zahlavova , #2 seed Hradecka and in the final #7 seed Brianti.

Aran :hearts: :yeah:
she is boosting up the rankings

welcome to the top 300 :bounce:To be honest i expect much more of her this season (after AO wins). She is not so young (1990) and it's time to finaly show some decent results in senior competition. Hope this 25K win is only start... I watch her in FED CUP match against JJ and she seems to me like potentional real-deal (atleast to be very close to TOP100 already before end of this season).

Is she have some injury problems in last 2-3 months???

Klaas_nalbandian
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Well done Arantxa, hopefully soon in the top 100.

We only have misa and robin now

Tim de Misafan
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
To be honest i expect much more of her this season (after AO wins). She is not so young (1990) and it's time to finaly show some decent results in senior competition. Hope this 25K win is only start... I watch her in FED CUP match against JJ and she seems to me like potentional real-deal (atleast to be very close to TOP100 already before end of this season).

That's because she first finisht school. That's the problem in our coutry. The girls first finish school and afterwards they focus on their tenniscareers. So they have an enormous appears and they must quickly try to draw the level, which is very difficult.

We're satisfied with every decent result. Arantxa is really ready to make it to the top-100 this year.

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Arantxa :yeah:

Elwin.
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
That's because she first finisht school. That's the problem in our coutry. The girls first finish school and afterwards they focus on their tenniscareers. So they have an enormous appears and they must quickly try to draw the level, which is very difficult.

We're satisfied with every decent result. Arantxa is really ready to make it to the top-100 this year.

i don't think it's a problem.
it's actually really smart of them to finish their school first, at least they have graduated :shrug: and have a chance for a good job after their career.

Tim de Misafan
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM
i don't think it's a problem.
it's actually really smart of them to finish their school first, at least they have graduated :shrug: and have a chance for a good job after their career.
For their lives sure it isn't a problem, no. But for their tenniscareers it is and that was what I meant with my reply.

VIKA?
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Any photo of Arantxa in ceremony??

Cp6uja
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:19 PM

We're satisfied with every decent result. Arantxa is really ready to make it to the top-100 this year.I dont remember that her compatriot Misha Krajicek (1989) have some different "problems" than any other talented young player from rest of world :confused:.

Anyway, if school is reason for her reduced season so far i'm very happy b/c that (after PRO debut last June she played less than 10 tournaments so far). Thanks God it's not another talented youngster which already in early ages have some chronical injury problems...

OZTENNIS
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Very impressive win from Arantxa ... congrats :)

DutchieGirl
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Arantxa :)
Hopefully she can make the QD of the US Open.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Should be possible for her. :bounce:

DutchieGirl
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:54 PM
To be honest i expect much more of her this season (after AO wins). She is not so young (1990) and it's time to finaly show some decent results in senior competition. Hope this 25K win is only start... I watch her in FED CUP match against JJ and she seems to me like potentional real-deal (atleast to be very close to TOP100 already before end of this season).

So what if she's "not so young"? Not everyone decides to start playing full time tennis at 15 years of age. 1990 means she's 17 or 18 (if she has an early in the year birthday) - most of the Dutch girls do finish school before they start to play full time.

Drake1980
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Arantxa!:woohoo:

DutchieGirl
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I dont remember that her compatriot Misha Krajicek (1989) have some different "problems" than any other talented young player from rest of world :confused:.

Anyway, if school is reason for her reduced season so far i'm very happy b/c that (after PRO debut last June she played less than 10 tournaments so far). Thanks God it's not another talented youngster which already in early ages have some chronical injury problems...

It's Misa, and Misa didn't finish school to the level that Arantxa did, and this is because she's been living in Prague for half her life now. What Tim meant is that it's a problem for the girls tennis career when they finish school - because then people like you are saying they are already "old" when they are starting their career. ;)

Also, you say about her playing less tourneys - she is still under AER too you know? ;)

Cp6uja
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:15 AM
So what if she's "not so young"? Not everyone decides to start playing full time tennis at 15 years of age. 1990 means she's 17 or 18 (if she has an early in the year birthday) - most of the Dutch girls do finish school before they start to play full time.Sorry DutchieGirl, but who cares about yours "Dutch Girls" :confused:

I talking here about Arantxa Rus, only "Dutch Girl" (with Mickaela Krajicek) which won some juniors Grand Slam in atleast last 15 years, not about some anonymus "Dutch Girl" which like to play and training tennis after school. Misha is also "Dutch Girl" but she played at 15, 16, 17 more PRO tournaments than any girl in the world of 88/89/90 generation (except Vaidisova and Golovin).

I ask only about her health and i'm glad that injury is not reason for her strange (reduced) shedulle.

DutchieGirl
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Sorry DutchieGirl, but who cares about yours "Dutch Girls" :confused:

I talking here about Arantxa Rus, only "Dutch Girl" (with Mickaela Krajicek) which won some juniors Grand Slam in atleast last 15 years, not about some anonymus "Dutch Girl" which like to play and training tennis after school. Misha is also "Dutch Girl" but she played at 15, 16, 17 more PRO tournaments than any girl in the world of 88/89/90 generation (except Vaidisova and Golovin).

I ask only about her health and i'm glad that injury is not reason for her strange (reduced) shedulle.

Dude wtf is your problem? I am talking about RUS and KRAJICEK - the two DUTCH GIRLS you were also talking about. :confused: Did you actually even read my post? And I know you actually know how to spell their names correctly, so please don't act like a :weirdo: with that.

As I said - with Misa, she didn't go to school after 15 BECAUSE SHE WAS LIVING IN PRAGUE. Really, did you read a word I said? :weirdo: Like I said, MOST Dutch girls (including Rus) decide to finish school before playing full time - with Misa it was different. Yes, she is Dutch, but she was living in Prague since she was about 9 years old - so she didn't end up going to school as long as most Dutch girls. And I'm not talking about random Dutch girls either - Pauline Wong also finished school (you remember her, she was also on the Dutch Fed Cup team) and she didn't start playing full time tennis till she was 20-21!

People were only telling you the REASON for her strange schedule. :shrug: I'm really sorry if your English isn't good enough to understand that.

Cp6uja
Apr 20th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Dude wtf is your problem? I am talking about RUS and KRAJICEK - the two DUTCH GIRLS you were also talking about. :confused: Did you actually even read my post? And I know you actually know how to spell their names correctly, so please don't act like a :weirdo: with that.

As I said - with Misa, she didn't go to school after 15 BECAUSE SHE WAS LIVING IN PRAGUE. Really, did you read a word I said? :weirdo: Like I said, MOST Dutch girls (including Rus) decide to finish school before playing full time - with Misa it was different.I only say that her shedule is strange for one Grand Slam junior champion which decide to be PRO tennis player. Dont expect of me to understand your theory that Misha left regular school b/c she live in Prague at 15... i'm sure that she left regular school at 15 b/c she won juniors USO in that time. Brenda Schultz-McCarthy also after first big juniors success have full first PRO season at 16-17. I dont know other TOP Dutch WTA players... or if we count Kim Clijsters like some kind of "Dutch girl" she also have full PRO career at 16-17 so dont BS me about other "Dutch Girls" which with or without school have chances to reach TOP200 only in theys dreams. I talking here about Arantxa Rus, AO/08 junior winner (ranked like #1 or #2 junior in february) and you try to sold me some cheep theories about Dutch Girls and Others which dont like to go in school or whatever. So if she decide to finish her education on regulary way and not to have real PRO shedule before 19 (or whatever) despite fact that she is one of most promissing worlds youngsters - that is her decission and choice, not b/c she is "Dutch Girl".

sunsfuns
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:12 AM
1) Arantxa Rus will be 18 only in December so it's hardly too late.

2)Sometimes it might be better to start a bit later - Misa's early start hasn't given her any great advantage. She has been injured frequently and stuck in 30-40 rabge for several years now...

3) Finishing school is always a good idea and BTW most girls do it.

4) Why so agressive?

Cp6uja
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM
4) Why so agressive?I'm not agressive for sure. I only asked is she have some injury problems when she played less than tournament per month since she PRO. I'm happy with answer, but some members insist on some bizzare "she is Dutch Girl" theory. BTW if very young promissing girl left regular school b/c her full-season shedulle that dont means always that theys give-up of her education. Nicole Vaidisova or Ana is good examples. She is 1990 and Paszek, Cornet, Cibulkova, Chiristea... and many other girls of her generation is already established TOP50... TOP100 players, but Arantxa with all her talent will finaly break TOP400 next week. For "real-deals" to not start at 18 to play at "next level" is simple waste of theys time.

sunsfuns
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:41 AM
She is 1990 and Paszek, Cornet, Cibulkova, Chiristea... and many other girls of her generation is already established TOP50... TOP100 players, but Arantxa with all her talent will finaly break TOP400 next week. For "real-deals" to not start at 18 to play at "next level" is simple waste of theys time.

1) You have to look when exactly a person is born. Cornet, for example, is 11 months older than Rus.

2) How do you know she is a "real deal"? Just because she won AO juniors? I could name you half a dozen girls who did that and never reached top 50 (some didn't even get to top 100)...

3) By my calculations the real threshold is reaching top 100 before turning 18 (Arantxa is 17 y 5 m old now) - ca 80% of future top 10 players did that. She could still do it...

Dizon2929
Apr 20th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Good job Arantxa, good future

DutchieGirl
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I only say that her shedule is strange for one Grand Slam junior champion which decide to be PRO tennis player. Dont expect of me to understand your theory that Misha left regular school b/c she live in Prague at 15... i'm sure that she left regular school at 15 b/c she won juniors USO in that time. Brenda Schultz-McCarthy also after first big juniors success have full first PRO season at 16-17. I dont know other TOP Dutch WTA players... or if we count Kim Clijsters like some kind of "Dutch girl" she also have full PRO career at 16-17 so dont BS me about other "Dutch Girls" which with or without school have chances to reach TOP200 only in theys dreams. I talking here about Arantxa Rus, AO/08 junior winner (ranked like #1 or #2 junior in february) and you try to sold me some cheep theories about Dutch Girls and Others which dont like to go in school or whatever. So if she decide to finish her education on regulary way and not to have real PRO shedule before 19 (or whatever) despite fact that she is one of most promissing worlds youngsters - that is her decission and choice, not b/c she is "Dutch Girl".

OK - I'm sorry, but you obviously don't understand what I am saying, because you're making a really big deal out of nothing. What I am saying is that in NL it is more the culture that people FINISH school before becoming a PRO in sport. OK? I'm sure MISA did finish school early to turn pro, and I'm sure it was seen as more acceptable to do in Prague, as she was being schooled there. Her Dad has even said in interviews before that in the Czech Republic it's seen as "cool" if a sports person stops school early to turn pro, where that's NOT the case in NL. I was giving you the example of Wong to try to get my point across (I never said she's gonna be top 200 - doesn't mean she's not a PRO player though does it? :scratch: ) - that it's the CULTURE in NL to finish school - you just don't seem to get that and try to say I have some stupid "Dutch Girls" theory. I do not have some stupid theory - I'm just trying to explain to you the differences between countries re schooling - which was the reason Aran hasn't played much tennis yet, and as I also said in my first post - she is still 17 and still under AER (age restrictions). And now I have no idea why you are bringing Kim into it - she's Belgian, not Dutch, and they don't necessarily have the same feelings re school and sport. :shrug: I also don't expect you to understand the Dutch school system where there are 4 different types of high schools depending on what sort of study you want to do and that you finish these schools at different ages. So please stop making a big deal out of nothing. I did not attack you when giving my original answers, but you wanna make this into some big issue like I'm trying to attack you. I'm not, I was just trying to explain why Aran has such a strange schedule - which is what you commented on originally.

DutchieGirl
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:33 AM
1)

4) Why so agressive?

His English isn't good - obviously he doesn't understand what I'm trying to get across.

Cp6uja
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:04 AM
1)... 2)... 3)...1) If Cornet 11 months older than look instead 2008 her 2007 shedule - she played full season (18 tournaments) last year. 2) Nobody says (if we use same example) that Cornet will be "real deal" only b/c she won junior RG, or have high ranking in juniors, but that make some difference in real expectations between her and others young girls from her generation. Same thing means for Arantxa after she reach AO title or juniors #2 ranking (especialy in comparation with other "Dutch Girls"). 3) No, she will not reach TOP100 before end of this year if she insist on this amateur "Brie Whitehead" shedulle. For example after winning AO she played only one 25K tournament per month (3 so far) and nothing else.

I am saying is that in NL it is more the culture that people FINISH school before becoming a PRO in sport...

...that it's the CULTURE in NL to finish school - you just don't seem to get that and try to say I have some stupid "Dutch Girls" theory...In all cultures (atleast for Europe which dominated in womans tennis i'm pretty sure) is usual standard that young girl or boy at 15, 16, 17 going in school at this ages. But worlds most promising junior tennis players (GS champions, TOP3 ranked) is exception everywhere. I dont care what Misha father taling in some interview this days. Her half-brother "real-deal" Richard is former Wimbledon champion...etc and in her family very good know how things works in PRO tennis for Misha level talented players. I use examples only of Krajicek and McCarthy b/c i dont know any other "Dutch Girl" which won slam in juniors before Arantxa. Of course that i know that Kim Clijsters is Belgian but b/c she is from Flemish part i only look how works that theory about "Dutch culture" and supertalented young tennis players and again notice that Arantxca is exception, not rule. In "Serbian Culture" for example future sports professionals young girls also finish they educations on regular way, but Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic is exceptions (but they both finished that "midle level" school at alternate way). BTW all other our tennis girls even if want to have full PRO shedulle with traveling around world dont have conditions for that and in other sports they playing our domestic leagues and going in school in same time without problems. Extraordinary exceptions like JJ (or Monica Seles in past) is at early ages drafted from Bollettieri Academy or like Ana Ivanovic have reach sponsors already at 15...

Whatzup
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I understand your point, but I think you can't compare Arantxa with players like Ivanovic and Krajicek. They were both very young when they broke through and they were famous junior players of which almost everyone expected very much. For them it was easier to break through in the WTA Tour. They also got a lot of wildcards.

Arantxa wasn't a famous junior player, in the Netherlands I think they saw that she had talent, but she first finished school and she didn't play very much on the junior tour. Before last year she wasn't really a junior star. She played some futures in the Netherlands and won two of them. Since last year her results improved ernomously when she was 16 years old. At the end of last year she just started to play challenger tournaments in Mexico, in which one of them she reached the final. At the beginning of this year she won the Australian Open for Juniors quite unexpected. So since then she became more famous, but like I said you can't compare her with Ivanovic, Vaidisova or even Krajicek.
Arantxa wanted to play some more challengers at the beginning of this year in the United Stated, but her ranking wasn't high enough to enter them, and because she was not that famous, she didn't get any wildcard, and here in the Netherlands are hardly any challengers in this time of the year. So I think she's doing it the right way at this moment. But I agree with you, from now she can maybe play bigger tournaments. From her Bari win she will get a feed up for the qualifying draw in Strasbourg. I think you have to compare Rus more with players like Yanina Wickmayer, good players but they break trough a little later. But don't forget Arantxa is still just 17 this whole year and she's already in the top 300 so I think she's doing it the right way.

sunsfuns
Apr 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM
No, she will not reach TOP100 before end of this year if she insist on this amateur "Brie Whitehead" shedulle. For example after winning AO she played only one 25K tournament per month (3 so far) and nothing else.

How about if she starts to play more now? ;)

Seriously, young female players who are good enough to eventually readh top 10 (I have no idea if Arantxa is such as case) tend to rise in the rankings very rapidly.

sunsfuns
Apr 20th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I understand your point, but I think you can't compare Arantxa with players like Ivanovic and Krajicek. They were both very young when they broke through and they were famous junior players of which almost everyone expected very much. For them it was easier to break through in the WTA Tour. They also got a lot of wildcards.

Arantxa wasn't a famous junior player, in the Netherlands I think they saw that she had talent, but she first finished school and she didn't play very much on the junior tour. Before last year she wasn't really a junior star. She played some futures in the Netherlands and won two of them. Since last year her results improved ernomously when she was 16 years old. At the end of last year she just started to play challenger tournaments in Mexico, in which one of them she reached the final. At the beginning of this year she won the Australian Open for Juniors quite unexpected. So since then she became more famous, but like I said you can't compare her with Ivanovic, Vaidisova or even Krajicek.
Arantxa wanted to play some more challengers at the beginning of this year in the United Stated, but her ranking wasn't high enough to enter them, and because she was not that famous, she didn't get any wildcard, and here in the Netherlands are hardly any challengers in this time of the year. So I think she's doing it the right way at this moment. But I agree with you, from now she can maybe play bigger tournaments. From her Bari win she will get a feed up for the qualifying draw in Strasbourg. I think you have to compare Rus more with players like Yanina Wickmayer, good players but they break trough a little later. But don't forget Arantxa is still just 17 this whole year and she's already in the top 300 so I think she's doing it the right way.

Thanks for explanation. Makes perfect sense.

And not everyone is like Sharapova or Ivanovic. Amelie Mauresmo, for example, was still outside top 100 at her 18th birthday and did she really have such a terrible career???

Dinkie
Apr 20th, 2008, 01:21 PM

:yeah: That sums it up nicely. Good story Whatzup.

Cp6uja
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM

Arantxa wasn't a famous junior player, in the Netherlands I think they saw that she had talent, but she first finished school and she didn't play very much on the junior tour. Before last year she wasn't really a junior star.

But I agree with you, from now she can maybe play bigger tournaments. From her Bari win she will get a feed up for the qualifying draw in Strasbourg. I think you have to compare Rus more with players like Yanina Wickmayer, good players but they break trough a little later. But don't forget Arantxa is still just 17 this whole year and she's already in the top 300 so I think she's doing it the right way.I'm glad b/c we now finaly discuss about Arantxa like talented young tennis player - not about Arantxa like 17yo Dutch girl or whatever ;). I also not surprised about her last season shedulle, but like i say - i realy dont understand this her early career strategy AFTER she winning juniors AO in January and reaching worlds #2 J-ranks. BTW her junior career is not worse than Ivanovic. Ana never won some junior slam or even reach jTOP10. At 16y and 8 months Ana reach her only juniors final and Arantxa reach (and won) at 17y and 1 month. Diference is that Ana since that point have season shedule and career-strategy like real PRO player and Arantxa Rus still dont have (which is wrong - IMO). She never know how she is good or how she may be good if she not try! You mentoned Mauresmo which realy not reach TOP100 at her 18th birthday, but atleast she played full shedulle that season (more than 20 tournaments) and that not helped her to improve too much in rankings but obviously helped her to improve in her tennis game (at 19 she already played GS final). Or if you want to compare Arantxa with Wickmayer which is older 13 months - last season Belgian girl played full shedulle (17 tournaments). And healthy Arantxa after more than 1/3 of this season played only 3 tournaments and all is 25K!? That is not "perfect" formula for improvment at all.

I'm first time notice Rus at jAO/08 when she outclassed our most promissing 1991 player Jovanovski in QF. Than i notice she won whole tournament and than i watched her in Budampest FED CUP against JJ (when she waste set point). I realy dont expected that i'm must to wait end of april to heard first good news about her. Also i dont expected that girl like Rus will not change her career strategy and season shedulle (from "amateur" to "PRO" ) after in begining of season she won junior slam, reach #2 at juniors and played very good matches at FED CUP (that her tight lose against Jankovic when waste SP is her only lose in Budampest, all other matches she won in straight sets including against Pironkova and helped low ranked Nederlands not only to stay in Euro/Africa zone - Dutch girls qualify for play-off final when lose against Serbia).

I hope this is will changed as soon as possible, not b/c is very important for her to reach TOP200 or TOP100 before 18th birthday or whatever - only b/c without enough matches, tournaments and competitions no big improvments (next level type) for any young player despite fact how talented she is.

Natash.
Apr 20th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'd love to read a report on that match between Rus and Jankovic. :angel:

I think she was trying to play a lot but her ranking was very low. I believe she was the lists but she didn't make the qualies even.

Arantxa Rus
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Arantxa :D

Cp6uja
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'd love to read a report on that match between Rus and Jankovic. :angel:

I think she was trying to play a lot but her ranking was very low. I believe she was the lists but she didn't make the qualies even.Trust me, #2 ranked worlds junior or winner of last junior slam without any problem will reach WC (if her ranking is not enough) even for some WTA events (qualies atleast) and for all ITF events. Playing only three 25K tournament this season is her personal choice (or her team if she have). And BTW for such talented girl is not big problem to improve enough in rankings for all ITF main-drws BUT ONLY IF SHE PLAY. For example after her previous 25K tournament she will improve more than 50 places (next week will be counted points), and after this Bari 25K she will improve again more than 50 places. So today she is out of TOP400 but after this two 25K she is already TOP300... BUT NO IMPROVEMENTS (in rankings, and more important in her game) IF SHE NOT PLAYING.

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Awesome win!!! Keep it going Arantxa!!! :bounce::bounce:

Whatzup
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Yes I agree with you on some points, but at the other side before this week Aranxta never won a challenger bigger that a 10k tournament. I think she's taking it step by step. She played against a lot of girls ranked 100-300 the last weeks which will help her confidence and match play. I think now she won this tournament, she will take the next step, the bigger challenger tournaments and some qualification WTA tournaments. I think those 25k challengers from the last weeks were good for Arantxa, but you're right on this: it's now time to take the next step!

DutchieGirl
Apr 21st, 2008, 01:38 AM
1) If Cornet 11 months older than look instead 2008 her 2007 shedule - she played full season (18 tournaments) last year. 2) Nobody says (if we use same example) that Cornet will be "real deal" only b/c she won junior RG, or have high ranking in juniors, but that make some difference in real expectations between her and others young girls from her generation. Same thing means for Arantxa after she reach AO title or juniors #2 ranking (especialy in comparation with other "Dutch Girls"). 3) No, she will not reach TOP100 before end of this year if she insist on this amateur "Brie Whitehead" shedulle. For example after winning AO she played only one 25K tournament per month (3 so far) and nothing else.

In all cultures (atleast for Europe which dominated in womans tennis i'm pretty sure) is usual standard that young girl or boy at 15, 16, 17 going in school at this ages. But worlds most promising junior tennis players (GS champions, TOP3 ranked) is exception everywhere. I dont care what Misha father taling in some interview this days. Her half-brother "real-deal" Richard is former Wimbledon champion...etc and in her family very good know how things works in PRO tennis for Misha level talented players. I use examples only of Krajicek and McCarthy b/c i dont know any other "Dutch Girl" which won slam in juniors before Arantxa. Of course that i know that Kim Clijsters is Belgian but b/c she is from Flemish part i only look how works that theory about "Dutch culture" and supertalented young tennis players and again notice that Arantxca is exception, not rule. In "Serbian Culture" for example future sports professionals young girls also finish they educations on regular way, but Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic is exceptions (but they both finished that "midle level" school at alternate way). BTW all other our tennis girls even if want to have full PRO shedulle with traveling around world dont have conditions for that and in other sports they playing our domestic leagues and going in school in same time without problems. Extraordinary exceptions like JJ (or Monica Seles in past) is at early ages drafted from Bollettieri Academy or like Ana Ivanovic have reach sponsors already at 15...
Oh for God's sake. I'm not even going to bother to read what you wrote. Forgive me for trying to help you out with why Aran didn't play so much. I won't bother in the future.

Sheesh - wtf is up with Serbian posters? :rolleyes:

Dinkie
Apr 21st, 2008, 07:29 AM
Oh for God's sake. I'm not even going to bother to read what you wrote. Forgive me for trying to help you out with why Aran didn't play so much. I won't bother in the future.

Sheesh - wtf is up with Serbian posters? :rolleyes:

:lol: Sarah :hug: You tried girl.;)

nouf
Apr 21st, 2008, 07:32 AM
well done arantxa!

Klaas_nalbandian
Apr 21st, 2008, 08:15 AM
Great stuff arantxa, now at least she will get into the qualies of those 25K tournaments for sure. In the states she didn't made the cut.

But hopefully she will play higher tournaments, she proved to be of the level between 100 and 250. She won lots of easy matches. Will be nice if she plays at least two tourneys a month.

I tought I heard that she will play the junior slams this year. maybe good if she can stay no.1 it opens doors that were closed for her now

OsloErik
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:13 AM
In all cultures (atleast for Europe which dominated in womans tennis i'm pretty sure) is usual standard that young girl or boy at 15, 16, 17 going in school at this ages. But worlds most promising junior tennis players (GS champions, TOP3 ranked) is exception everywhere.

She won the AO juniors in January. She was barely 17. Before that, she was a mid-level junior tennis player. It's new to her. She wasn't high on a ton of people's lists of the most promising junior tennis players until that AO. The fact that she, at 17, was only seeded 14th at the AO juniors tells you pretty much all you need to know. She was a very good but not great junior. That success has opened the door for her, but she's not quite adjusted to it. She's still doing things differently.

And just so you know, it isn't the exception everywhere for the worlds most promising junior tennis players. Chris Evert played very reduced seasons until she graduated from high school; Lindsay Davenport as well.

OsloErik
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Arantxca is exception, not rule

Maybe that indicates that she'll be an exception to the traditional "you must reach X ranking at certain age, or NEVER will you reach top 10" rule. Not all tennis players have to whore themselves out to sponsors, tournaments, and management groups at 15 years old to reach the top 10. Some of them do just fine by being themselves.

Klaas_nalbandian
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:24 AM
comparing careers is always difficult...some players are on top when they are 16 17 Hingis Sjarapova some need more time Jankovic Mauresmo

DutchieGirl
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:21 AM
She won the AO juniors in January. She was barely 17. Before that, she was a mid-level junior tennis player. It's new to her. She wasn't high on a ton of people's lists of the most promising junior tennis players until that AO. The fact that she, at 17, was only seeded 14th at the AO juniors tells you pretty much all you need to know. She was a very good but not great junior. That success has opened the door for her, but she's not quite adjusted to it. She's still doing things differently.

And just so you know, it isn't the exception everywhere for the worlds most promising junior tennis players. Chris Evert played very reduced seasons until she graduated from high school; Lindsay Davenport as well.
:yeah: Someone who understands! :D

DutchieGirl
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:22 AM
comparing careers is always difficult...some players are on top when they are 16 17 Hingis Sjarapova some need more time Jankovic Mauresmo

Sure - everyone develops at their own pace! :)

DutchieGirl
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:23 AM
:lol: Sarah :hug: You tried girl.;)
Meh - sometimes it's not worth the hassle. ;)

OZTENNIS
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:29 AM
I think Arantxa has a great future. Judging by her junior results this year, she is really one to look out for, and after her performances on the ITF Circuit over the past few weeks, looks really set to shine in the not to distant future. She will get into US Open quallies for sure :yeah:

Cp6uja
Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:29 AM

Sheesh - wtf is up with Serbian posters? :rolleyes:Always first read post which you replay, even if that post of some Serbian poster, and you are superior Dutch Girl which not left school even at 16 :rolleyes:... or whatever...

BTW i'm not surprised that poster which not perceive for example any difference between Aratxa Rus and others casual Dutch Girls is also not able to distinguish different posters here, but try to understand - you are DutchieGirl member and i'm Cp6uja member, and all what you post here (or me) is our personal oppinion, not of all Dutch (or Serbian) posters.

And just so you know, it isn't the exception everywhere for the worlds most promising junior tennis players. Chris Evert played very reduced seasons until she graduated from high school; Lindsay Davenport as well.Lindsay reach TOP10 before her 18 birthday and of course she played "full shedulle" when she is in Arantxa ages. Evert is teenager before open era, computer rankings, big money prizes...etc but still she is for sure one of most active teenagers of that era with all her shedule "reductions". It's simple different era... dont forget when we talking about Chris shedule that she played in her career 18 Wimbledons, 19 USO - but only 6 AO!!! At all 6 AO which she played she reach atleast final so she dont have any reason to "hate" this tournament... simple in old times we have totaly different rules in womans tennis which create individual players shedules - in that old times even proven great champions at her best not played even every slam, so compare theys juniors shedule with current youngsters is not so serious.

So i talking here about usual rules which exist atleast last 20 years and young Arantxa like champion of last juniors slam and #2 ranked junior player is realy exception b/c she is 1990 (and Dutch posters raported that she is injury free) so i dont understand what she wait now? OK for all that explanations about her 2007 shedule... but after she won juniors AO and next week reach juniors #2 and have great FED CUP performances of course that she is ready for next level (to play more tournaments or to play bigger events than 10K/25K - actualy she need both).

DutchieGirl
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Always first read post which you replay, even if that post of some Serbian poster, and you are superior Dutch Girl which not left school even at 16 :rolleyes:... or whatever...

BTW i'm not surprised that poster which not perceive for example any difference between Aratxa Rus and others casual Dutch Girls is also not able to distinguish different posters here, but try to understand - you are DutchieGirl member and i'm Cp6uja member, and all what you post here (or me) is our personal oppinion, not of all Dutch (or Serbian) posters.
[

Again, forgive me for offending you by not reading the post that I said I didn't read. I really don't see the point in reading it, as I'm not going to sit here and beat my head against the wall trying to explain myself to you over an issue that's not even worth this much fuss! And yes, I know this is each individal persons opinions. I'm not stupid - the difference is, I didn't attack you in any way in my first posts, while you just came in completely rude and aggressive towards me. So can you please get over the fact that I am no longer going to try to explain myself to you regarding this matter? Fyi - my comment about "sheesh Serbian posters" is because I (and lots of other people on here) had problems with another Serbian poster who is now banned. That obviously had nothing to do with this conversation about Arantxa. In fact, I'll end this now and just put you on ignore. This really isn't worth my time and effort anymore. :wavey:

OsloErik
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:42 AM
Lindsay reach TOP10 before her 18 birthday and of course she played "full shedulle" when she is in Arantxa ages.

She played 17 events in 1994. 13 were in the United States. If there were 13 top flight tournaments in the Netherlands, I'd bet money we would see Arantxa Rus at them. Face it: players who don't train at tennis academies and don't live in countries with dozens of WTA and ITF tournaments aren't subject to the same rules as your Serbian prodigies.

So i talking here about usual rules which exist atleast last 20 years and young Arantxa like champion of last juniors slam and #2 ranked junior player is realy exception b/c she is 1990 (and Dutch posters raported that she is injury free) so i dont understand what she wait now? OK for all that explanations about her 2007 shedule... but after she won juniors AO and next week reach juniors #2 and have great FED CUP performances of course that she is ready for next level (to play more tournaments or to play bigger events than 10K/25K - actualy she need both).

Very few players come through the way that Rus is coming through. That's the trade off. She doesn't "need" to do anything; she's not a racing horse. She's 17 and can make her own decisions. And thus far, her decisions have turned out just fine; she went from a middling junior to #2. So I'd STFU if I were you and just talk about other players who whore themselves out to sponsors at 15. That's what you have some degree of knowledge about.

[side note: I am using whore as a verb, not a noun, so don't even think of starting that train of argument]

starin
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:00 AM
4 pgs for a 25k final??
lol who is this Arntxa Rus girl? is she supposed to be the next big thing?

Dinkie
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:26 AM
4 pgs for a 25k final??
lol who is this Arntxa Rus girl? is she supposed to be the next big thing?

Nah, not really, although some people think she is.;)

Elwin.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:59 AM
she definetly has the potential to become a top 50 player :) but no,
she is not the next big thing :p

Beat
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
nice to see a durch girl doing well.

That's the problem in our coutry. The girls first finish school and afterwards they focus on their tenniscareers. So they have an enormous appears and they must quickly try to draw the level, which is very difficult.

well, they'll be thankful later for a having received a proper education :angel:

DutchieGirl
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:22 AM
She played 17 events in 1994. 13 were in the United States. If there were 13 top flight tournaments in the Netherlands, I'd bet money we would see Arantxa Rus at them. Face it: players who don't train at tennis academies and don't live in countries with dozens of WTA and ITF tournaments aren't subject to the same rules as your Serbian prodigies.

Very few players come through the way that Rus is coming through. That's the trade off. She doesn't "need" to do anything; she's not a racing horse. She's 17 and can make her own decisions. And thus far, her decisions have turned out just fine; she went from a middling junior to #2. So I'd STFU if I were you and just talk about other players who whore themselves out to sponsors at 15. That's what you have some degree of knowledge about.

[side note: I am using whore as a verb, not a noun, so don't even think of starting that train of argument]

:lol: Touche! ;) ;yeah:

gumoll
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
yet another ball basher on tour :yawn:

Elwin.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM

:haha: :weirdo:

Did you saw Arantxa play?

DutchieGirl
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM

:haha: OMG - say what? You haven't seen her play, have you? :lol:

gumoll
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
someone who saw her told me that :)

I think :scratch:

matanuriel
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Nah, not really, although some people think she is.;)

she definetly has the potential to become a top 50 player :) but no,
she is not the next big thing :p

Shahar started her career like Arantxa Rus pretty much, so if she got the game I believe she could do some damage, it is not all about the age.

Elwin.
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
someone who saw her told me that :)

I think :scratch:

ok :p
i saw her play last year in a 10K tournament in The Netherlands,
she isn't a ballbasher ;) :)

New_balls_please
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:02 PM

She isn't a ballbasher even though She has a big serve :worship::worship:

T. Ennis
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:20 PM
I only say that her shedule is strange for one Grand Slam junior champion which decide to be PRO tennis player. Dont expect of me to understand your theory that Misha left regular school b/c she live in Prague at 15... i'm sure that she left regular school at 15 b/c she won juniors USO in that time. Brenda Schultz-McCarthy also after first big juniors success have full first PRO season at 16-17. I dont know other TOP Dutch WTA players... or if we count Kim Clijsters like some kind of "Dutch girl"she also have full PRO career at 16-17 so dont BS me about other "Dutch Girls" which with or without school have chances to reach TOP200 only in theys dreams. I talking here about Arantxa Rus, AO/08 junior winner (ranked like #1 or #2 junior in february) and you try to sold me some cheep theories about Dutch Girls and Others which dont like to go in school or whatever. So if she decide to finish her education on regulary way and not to have real PRO shedule before 19 (or whatever) despite fact that she is one of most promissing worlds youngsters - that is her decission and choice, not b/c she is "Dutch Girl".

I believe there is no compulsory school attendance in Belgium (you can receive education at home) like in the Netherlands.
Maybe Clijsters benefitted from that.

Lachrymarum
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Arantxa :yeah:
Nice to see her climb up the rankings! Hopefully it won't be too long before she's in the Top 100 :D

DutchieGirl
Apr 24th, 2008, 12:54 AM
ok :p
i saw her play last year in a 10K tournament in The Netherlands,
she isn't a ballbasher ;) :)
I saw her at AO juniors this year, and I agree. :)

OsloErik
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Thought I'd bump this since Rus just signed with IMG!