PDA

View Full Version : To the good Serena and Maria fans...

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:47 AM
...I'd just like to say a big 'thank you' to the way you've behaved after the result of this match. Well done to certain Serena fans (you know who you are) for not bragging and being cocky, and well done to certain Maria fans (you know who you are) for not throwing your rattle out the pram and taking it on the chin. The match we saw was a very good, high quality match, and something both groups of fans should be proud of. People should be saying "congratulations that our two favourite players could produce that great display of tennis", instead of arguing, mocking and rubbing it in. We should be acting mature, not childish. And for those who are acting in that way from both sides, there is such a thing called karma and you aren't making it an enjoyable place for others to post their messages.

Feel free to include names of certain posters you'd like to thank. Two of mine include SharapovaFan16 and ree-and-ross.

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
bump

Groenefelder25
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:56 AM
nice thread:)

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:57 AM
...I'd just like to say a big 'thank you' to the way you've behaved after the result of this match. Well done to certain Serena fans (you know who you are) for not bragging and being cocky, and well done to certain Maria fans (you know who you are) for not throwing your rattle out the pram and taking it on the chin. The match we saw was a very good, high quality match, and something both groups of fans should be proud of. People should be saying "congratulations that our two favourite players could produce that great display of tennis", instead of arguing, mocking and rubbing it in. We should be acting mature, not childish. And for those who are acting in that way from both sides, there is such a thing called karma and you aren't making it an enjoyable place for others to post their messages.

Feel free to include names of certain posters you'd like to thank. Two of mine include SharapovaFan16 and ree-and-ross.

The fantastic three;)

Yes.. imagine a WTAworld where every-one gets on ! :eek::lol:

Mikey.
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
:)

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM
It's just that the past match has brought such negative comments from the bad apples that we should really try to redeem the board and show that we're not all bad and Serena/Maria fans can get on and celebrate in the tennis displayed. Our girls (Maria and Serena) really are the megastars of tennis :)

mashamaniac
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks you for the thread!!!

Demska
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM
:spit:

Destiny
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:24 PM
:tape:

Nice that someone is trying to calm and make the situation Positive :worship:

RenaSlam.
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:34 PM
You are very welcome.

tennistuff
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Where were you when it was the other way around. Hiding in your good wishes is a negative tone for the Serena fans. And a postive for Maria fans. Wolf in sheeps clothing. Maria has plenty of fans who make a big deal every time she does anything. Serena has beatin Maria badly on hard court. Now 3 sets on clay. And Maria is still treated like the bigger star. Why do you think that is?

blackcrave
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
thanks.. good sport

kwilliams
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Nice to see such a positive thread. I agree some posters do make the message boards unpleasant but they are in the minority and that could be seen yesterday despite how vocal some haters can be. I think the fans do just fine on the boards but some people are fans of certain players because they are haters of other players. Why would anyone make an avatar or signature of someone they dislike in place of a player they love? Simply because they are haters.

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
You are welcome.

I would like to thank Demska :hug:

Aaron.
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Why not me? No one notices but im a Serena fan but I dont have A Williams in my avatar or siggy :sobbing:

Demska
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Oh my god, what is this?

Why don't you go bake some cakes and go knit together :rolls:

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I love it that SOMEONE is getting more bitter :rolls:

GOOD SIGN!

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:21 PM
:spit:

A problem, Demska? Do you not enjoy it when people get on?

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM

It's just a tad strange for him :p

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
NEVER EVER:devil:

kwilliams
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Oh my god, what is this?

Why don't you go bake some cakes and go knit together :rolls:

Yes! Let's do that and we can sing 'Good Morning Starshine'!

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I shall start with the chorus :music:

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Good Morning Sunshine, Good morning rain...

:bigclap:

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
demska is a he?

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:44 PM

no you're allowed to get on with everyone except serena and her fans ;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Why not me? No one notices but im a Serena fan but I dont have A Williams in my avatar or siggy :sobbing:

its just cause we don't like you :ras:
lol

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
demska is a he?

Yup :)

harloo
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I have a question. Why do these type of threads only appear when Serena beats a top player? When Justine and Maria were defeating her we didn't see these kumbaya posts. When Serena started winning this year I've seen people apply the good fan/bad fan theory, tell Serena fans to calm down, saw trolls appearing as Serena fans create antagonizing threads, and the worst of all Serena fans being lumped together because one fan has their personal opinion.

OP, I'm not saying I don't buy your honesty here but it's pretty hard for this Serena fan to take anything on this board seriously. The day Serena loses the floodgates will open again and all those who previously claimed fairness will be out with claws. I've seen it happen numerous times, so I'm just not convinced but this is a good effort on your end.:)

Optima
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Congratulations to both of these girls. They go out and play their heart out because they want to win and love what they do. Everyone should respect that, no matter if they're a hater, fan, whatever. And a :hug: to all the nice people out there.

tennis ace
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks i hate when us Williams fans get put in the same boat.....and also when both sisters get put in the same boat.

Matt01
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:54 PM
There are no "good" Maria fans :devil:

They are all evil ;)

Kunal
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM
a good deed indeed kind of a thread