PDA

View Full Version : Would you call jelena jankovic the most consistant woman on tour????

VeeJJ
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Personally I would. She has yet to fall out before the QF in any events reguardless of her health, which is still a mystery to me. If she keeps playing like this she will definetly stay in the top ten. If she plays even better she will definetly become number 1.

Dave.
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM
She has been extremely consistent this year. But last year her results were similar before having that let down at the end. She needs to play less tournaments and try to peak at the right times. Her consistency is great, but she's not winning any of these tournaments.

tennisbear7
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:00 AM
No, because Sharapova has been WINNING the tournaments she enters. Same as Serena. They haven't lost that much this year.

Personally, I'd prefer Ana who is a little less consistent but can win some big titles. Same can't be said of Jelena recently though. Her last title was... where? Birmingham?

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Not EVEN close. Probably one of the most inconsistent of the top players. She has some big wins, but some atrocious losses and is one of the players who is vulnerable against just about every player ranked in the Top 50. She had over 20 losses last year and almost half of those were to players ranked well outside of the Top 10.

Tennisstar86
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:04 AM
no....shes squeeked by in too many matches against low ranked players this year to be the most consistent...

Expat
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:07 AM
No, because Sharapova has been WINNING the tournaments she enters. Same as Serena. They haven't lost that much this year.

Personally, I'd prefer Ana who is a little less consistent but can win some big titles. Same can't be said of Jelena recently though. Her last title was... where? Birmingham?
give her some credit
serena won a tournament after 11 months in bangalore
maria had one title the whole of last year

shes getting deep
at least shes not like kuzzy who can run through weak draws only to lose in the final
and unlike many others she has very tough draws most of the time

Cp6uja
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:12 AM
For TOP5 player "consistance" means SF at every tournament... not QF.
RANK OF PLAYERS WHICH BEAT JJ THIS SEASON: 12, 5, 29, 3, 54, 2, 8, 17

Is this ^^^ is "consistance"??? No, i dont think. It's more "ups and down".

Nikkiri
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:41 AM
No.

LudwigDvorak
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:43 AM
The most consistantly irritating, yes.

Direwolf
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:50 AM
didnt she lose early in Wimbledon last year?

Lindsayfan32
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Jelena Jankovic and Overrated seem to go well together and for good measure add drama queen in there too.

chuvack
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I think that Jankovic takes doping and thats why she is so consistant.

azmad_88
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I think that Jankovic takes doping and thats why she is so consistant.
:tape:

Mikey B
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:09 AM
if she played less she'd win more.. she's consistent at losing towards the later stages, nothing else.. until she really cuts down her schedule, maybe take a look at how maria handles her schedule, she's not going to get the respect she deserves..

the two most consistent players of the year, maria and serena, have played 5 and 4 events, maria winning 3 out of 5 and serena has a chance to win 3 out of 4... their schedule is perfect for them to be able to pull out some great tennis at the later stages of tournaments, maybe because they play less and arent as tiered as jj might be..

frontier
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:57 AM
She is destined for a short career,she can not keep this up for three to four years something is going to give.I think she will end up like Hingis burntout with serious injuries.Ana on the other hand is clever with her scheduling and this will help her with longevity.

ChriS.
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I think that Jankovic takes doping and thats why she is so consistant. Your the dope, mate!

Uranus
Apr 20th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Last year she was extremely consistent.
atm it's just not enough for her ranking.