PDA

View Full Version : Maria New World #3.....

Tennisstar86
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:46 AM
With Janko's exit Maria will be #3 next week... unless theres some points comin off that i dont know about so kindly ignore me. :wavey:

Congrats Maria....

Slutati
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Well...congrats Maria, I guess...She really deserves it though:(

Craig.
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Nice going, Maria. :yeah:

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:56 AM
well her strategy to play Mickey Mouse tournaments proved effective... sadly she doesn't have anything to defend until the FO:tape: But i hope she'll go down early there.

Craig.
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:59 AM
well her strategy to play Mickey Mouse tournaments proved effective... sadly she doesn't have anything to defend until the FO:tape: But i hope she'll go down early there.

Yeah, cause of her supposedly fake shoulder injury last year?

:rolleyes:

blackcrave
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:06 AM
congratulations maria!

Andy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:07 AM
YAY thats awesome

austennis
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Well Done Maria.. 2 my faves in top isnt bad just wish it was Venus instead of Justine

Andy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:08 AM
:rolleyes:

Tennisstar86
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:10 AM

:rolleyes: She wont fall (at the tourny or in the rankings) as quickly as someone else we know.....

Dave.
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I thought Charleston points came off last week, so if anything, Jelena added points with her QF here:shrug: I'm no expert on the system though so I'm probably wrong. Congrats to Maria, she deserves to be back in the top 3.

Tennisstar86
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:13 AM
I thought Charleston points came off last week, so if anything, Jelena added points with her QF here:shrug: I'm no expert on the system though so I'm probably wrong. Congrats to Maria, she deserves to be back in the top 3.

if you go to boiled eggs updates Maria is at 3983(or so) and Janko has fallen to 5th....

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:15 AM
:rolleyes: She wont fall (at the tourny or in the rankings) as quickly as someone else we know.....

yeah I know her, Venus Williams. Isn't it sad how she'll bow out of the top ten after Wimbledon?:sad:

goldlion
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Considering Maria's performance in 2008, she does deserve to be Top 3.

goldlion
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:47 AM

Tier I events, Doha, Indian Wells and Charleston, are Mickey Mouse tournaments? Oh, or you're referring to Australian Open? :rolleyes:

Nikkiri
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:35 AM

You see the future? :eek:

zlove
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:44 AM
well deserved maria
keep on climbing the ranks to #1
;)

GLips
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Maria def. deserves to be in the top 3 and soon the top two for the way she has played this year so far.

OsloErik
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I'd sure hate to be defending a lot of points on clay this season. Sharapova and Serena are both looking good (compared to last season) on clay, and HEALTHY. The top 6 players should be pretty much set after the French.

Mikey B
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:23 AM
woo! still climbing the rankings!!! many people predicted she'd be number 2 by the french, if she has success at the european tier 1s then there's no doubt thats where she'll be! nice birthday present!

DAVAJ MKirilenko
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Good chance that she will be 2nd after Berlin (if she plays there of course).

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Maria will be seeded #2 for Roland Garros. No doubt.

CR3WLFC
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:33 AM
ana is likely to lose most points during the clay season i cant see her winning berlin and defending her final spot!

Sharapova almost has no points to defend this year sandiego semi-french

bellascarlett
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Is this true?

:)

:haha: You are a joke. Australian Open, Doha AI...+ IW & Charleston aren't mickey mouse tourneys, you idiot. :lol:

Emina.
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Is this true?

yes.it is ;)

Adal
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:54 AM
GJ Maria :kiss: well-deserved

Matt01
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM
yeah I know her, Venus Williams. Isn't it sad how she'll bow out of the top ten after Wimbledon?:sad:

Shh....I would be careful when saying something negative about Venus, even when it's only the obvious like in this case. The rabid Venus fans will be jumping all over you soon ;)

bellascarlett
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM
yes.it is ;)

Great. :D

Mikey.
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Good on ya Masha. :hug: I'm hoping she will do reasonably well in the clay season and at Wimbledon to secure the #2 spot. I expect Ana to maintain the majority of her points for the clay season because she is in great form, so she will most likely hang on to the #2 spot till at least Wimbledon. With some good showings in the clay court season Serena could begin the climb up the ranks as well and take some of the higher positions. I'm scared for JJ tho... she has so much to lose over the next couple of months :sad:

gmak
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:24 AM
:D well-deserved too ;)

goldenlox
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Maria and Justine should be 2 and 1, or 1 and 2.
That will happen pretty soon.

Marco Fernandes
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah . Congrats Maria.

But i'm a bit worried about her semi-final points form last year at RG... There are some good and dangerous clay court players out there ike Sveta, Henin, Jankovic, Serena and Ivanovic...

mashamaniac
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Congrats maria! she deserved to be #2 really but #3 isn't bad either! hopefully in berlin she'll be back to #2...

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM
After Berlin, Maria will definitely be #2. The only way for that not to happen would be for Ana to win the title again and for Maria to get knocked out in the first round or something. And I think that's when the RG seedings are set too? I'm not sure.

Emina.
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:47 AM
anyways, she should play both Berlin and Rome imo.

Mikey.
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I just hope the seedings at RG don't end up having Justine, Serena, Sharapova and JJ in the same half.

mashamaniac
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hopefully serena will be in the same quarter as justine again,don't worry about JJ,maria can win her anyway...

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:08 PM
The way I see the seedings being is:

1) Henin
2) Sharapova
3) Ivanovic
4) Kuznetsova
5) Jankovic
6) S Williams
7) V Williams
8) Chakvetadze

Hopefully, the QF will be:

Henin v S Williams
Kuznetsova v V Williams
Ivanovic v Jankovic
Sharapova v Chakvetadze

(From a Maria fan point of view lol)

Mikey.
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM

1) Henin
2) Sharapova
3) Ivanovic
4) Kuznetsova
5) Jankovic
6) S Williams
7) V Williams
8) Chakvetadze

Henin v S Williams
Kuznetsova v V Williams
Ivanovic v Jankovic
Sharapova v Chakvetadze

The top 3 matches would be very very interesting. I hope thats how it turns out :)

mashamaniac
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Yeah it'd be great if those matches happen...

tennistuff
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Not bad

Mikey B
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I just hope the seedings at RG don't end up having Justine, Serena, Sharapova and JJ in the same half.

doesnt matter if they are.. maria proved that in australia... i personally would love to see that again, but with maria almost gauranteed a number 2 seeding at rg it wont happen... she needs to beat the top seed at a slam to win it, wimbly, the us and aussie open, at all of them maria beat the top seed.. bring on henin i say!!

joćo.
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:58 PM
All the way to the top again, Maria! :)

Cp6uja
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Congrats Maria!!!

And i wish you to stay at #3 for long time! :devil:
No offense JJ and Sveta fans ;)

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Maria v Serena RG QF

mark my words this will happen!

Well i have a hunch anywayz :angel:

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:20 PM
It seems like Maria has been winning like everything and she is 'only' number three. Wither her from she should be challenging Henin. Mind you, Serena should be way up there aswell :o

Mikey.
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I would love to see Maria-Justine at the FO... hopefully in the later rounds. It would be a good test to see how Maria is improving on clay. I'd hope Justine was playing well though, because it would be pretty tragic for her to play terrible and lose to Maria on clay in straights or something. :lol:

DownTheLine21
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM

1) Henin
2) Sharapova
3) Ivanovic
4) Kuznetsova
5) Jankovic
6) S Williams
7) V Williams
8) Chakvetadze

Henin v S Williams
Kuznetsova v V Williams
Ivanovic v Jankovic
Sharapova v Chakvetadze

No. I hope Maria has to prove herself on clay playing someone better than Chakvetadze. That's essentially a walk-over for Maria. I don't think Chakvetadze will be defending her Roland Garros points anyway.

LudwigDvorak
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I hope she's back to #1 soon. Not that I have anything against Justine, but Maria is the best player in the world right now. The ranking should reflect that.

Get back up there, Maria.

Mikey.
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:31 PM
No. I hope Maria has to prove herself on clay playing someone better than Chakvetadze. That's essentially a walk-over for Maria. I don't think Chakvetadze will be defending her Roland Garros points anyway.

Agreed. I don't want any clay cakewalks. If Maria wants to prove herself on clay she needs to begin to challenge the better clay courters. Yes, she did play surprisingly well against Serena yesterday and we all know Serena is the better player at the moment, whichever surface it may be. But I would like to see her push the likes of Justine, Ana or JJ on clay. Even if she loses playing to one of them in the quarters of the FO, I would just like to see her play a match with one of them to see how far she has progressed in her clay court training.

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Is this true?

:haha: You are a joke. Australian Open, Doha AI...+ IW & Charleston aren't mickey mouse tourneys, you idiot. :lol:

you start to lose your fake composure, do you cleo?:tape::lol:

She didn't win IW and Charleston infact. She won Doha and AI without facing a top 20 player. That's Mickey Mouse to me.:D

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:21 PM
you start to lose your fake composure, do you cleo?:tape::lol:

She didn't win IW and Charleston infact. She won Doha and AI without facing a top 20 player. That's Mickey Mouse to me.:D

She doesn't have anything to prove, she won Australian Open, the BIG ONE, the GSLAM without losing 1 set, and beating the number 1, 6460.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
She doesn't have anything to prove, she won Australian Open, the BIG ONE, the GSLAM without losing 1 set, and beating the number 1, 6460.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

yes her Australian Open run was impressive and she deserved to win. But after that she's been mediocre and got lucky with draws. I mean winning a TI without facing a Top 20 player??? that's as big of a joke as bellascarlett:tape::lol:

goldenlox
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Vera is top 7 in 2008 points going into this week.
She's more of a true challenge this year than Anna or Marion.

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM
yes her Australian Open run was impressive and she deserved to win. But after that she's been mediocre and got lucky with draws. I mean winning a TI without facing a Top 20 player??? that's as big of a joke as bellascarlett:tape::lol:

She has been mediocre, are u kiddin' me? Maybe she lost a set in final against Zvonareva, but her game was a high level, she put 61 and 60 in the first and third set. Nobody could stop her during this event, not Venus who lost against a pathetic Cibulkova.:rolleyes:

morningglory
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Well that's a nice BD present!

bellascarlett
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM

:lol: Thanks for the mention. You've done it a couple of times now. :banana: I think I've done my job. You try so hard but even Ivanovic fans expose you for the stupid troll you are. :sad:

Serve_volley
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I think it would be nice for Serena to play Jankovic or Chakvetadze in the RG QFs. Sharapova should be the one to down Henin. It really doesn't matter, unless Serena has to play Henin again early or finds herself against Maria in the last eight. It'd also be hilarious if Venus makes the final four on clay, take that Ana.

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:01 PM
:lol: Thanks for the mention. You've done it a couple of times now. :banana: I think I've done my job. You try so hard but even Ivanovic fans expose you for the stupid troll you are. :sad:

Oh i see now, you are begging for attention just like Maria. You won't get it from me though:sad:. You should get a boyfriend, it will help you know? Sex and everything:lol:

bellascarlett
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Oh i see now, you are begging for attention just like Maria. You won't get it from me though:sad:. You should get a boyfriend, it will help you know? Sex and everything:lol:

You were the one who mentioned me, stupid. :help: :rolls:

VishaalMaria
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Congratulations Maria. You have the game to be top three so you should be in the top three. Justice. And Happy Birthday too :D

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:10 PM
You were the one who mentioned me, stupid. :help: :rolls:

yes i don't know why i'm hurting myself replying to the posts of a dement. One advice:

GET LAID!!!! Your sourness will disappear right away

But maybe you are too ugly for that:tape::haha::haha::haha:

VishaalMaria
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:14 PM
yes i don't know why i'm hurting myself replying to the posts of a dement. One advice:

You're so obnoxious! You're not even a Maria Sharapova fan, fair enough, but you come into this thread and downplay her achievement. That's just sad.

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM
You're so obnoxious! You're not even a Maria Sharapova fan, fair enough, but you come into this thread and downplay her achievement. That's just sad.

:silly:

i dind't downplay her achievements. she deserves her rankings as much as anyone else. Bu she was lucky with her draws after the AO. Even considering AO, top players she beat to win her tournaments:

Henin
Jankovic
Ivanovic

Top players Serena beat to win her tournaments:

Venus
Henin
Kuznetsova
Jankovic
Sharapova (if she wins Charleston).

VishaalMaria
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:20 PM

i dind't downplay her achievements. she deserves her rankings as much as anyone else. Bu she was lucky with her draws after the AO. Even considering AO, top players she beat to win her tournaments:

Henin
Jankovic
Ivanovic

Venus
Henin
Kuznetsova
Jankovic

So then what point are you trying to make?

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Henin
Jankovic
Ivanovic

Venus
Henin
Kuznetsova
Jankovic

Maybe but Sharapova beat them in a GSlam not in tiers1 or tiers 2 in a GSlam, you CANNOT compare.And she won in straight sets, Serena fought hard against Jnakovic, Sharapova, Venus and Kuz.

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:22 PM
So then what point are you trying to make?

that she was lucky with draws after AO... is it that hard????:weirdo:

VishaalMaria
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
that she was lucky with draws after AO... is it that hard????:weirdo:

Who was lucky with her draws? :lol:

Craig.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM
:help::silly:

Henin
Jankovic
Ivanovic

Venus
Henin
Kuznetsova
Jankovic

Is it her goddamn fault that all the other top players played liked shit and lost early? NO.
I really don't think it would hurt if you used your brain sometimes (if you even have one) :help:

bellascarlett
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM

I think you meant demented, not dement. :tape: Like I said, even Ivanovic fans expose you as a troll so please...:lol:

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:27 PM
:help:

Is it her goddamn fault that all the other top players played liked shit and lost early? NO.
I really don't think it would hurt if you used your brain sometimes (if you even have one) :help:

At Doha there were huge wind problems and also a certain Ana Ivanovic got injured. At Amelia Island... which top player was there?

Maybe you don't have a memory:sad:

Anyways I'm out of this.

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Who was lucky with her draws? :lol:

Let him talk:rolleyes:, Maria was in the same draw than Venus and Ana Ivanovic during Doha, what an easy draw:lol:

VishaalMaria
At Doha there were huge wind problems and also a certain Ana Ivanovic got injured. At Amelia Island... which top player was there?

Anyways I'm out of this.

But why would it matter to Maria either way if she did play Ana? Didn't Maria school her 6-1 6-2 and then beat her in the AO final 7-5 6-3?

Shoulderpova
spiritedenergy is such a sad character. I really feel sorry for him.

Craig.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM

Anyways I'm out of this.

I have a memory, but I have something else too. A intelligence level superior to yours, made very obvious by the posts you've just made.

You are just so sad. Wind problems... that's the best excuse you can come up with? They lost early cause of wind problems? Please, get some help. :help: :lol:

Mikey.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:32 PM

Anyways I'm out of this.

Doesn't that prove that Maria was the most resilient of all the top players in Doha because she fought through the wind, when wind usually her game turns to crap in the wind?

Expat
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:34 PM
well deserved maria
go to no 2 soon

Svetlana.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:35 PM

it's the most pathetic comment of the day :cuckoo:

Thanx4nothin
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I think she deserves the no.3 spot this year after Ivanovic and Henin. I would have Serena 4th personally.

sammy01
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I think she deserves the no.3 spot this year after Ivanovic and Henin. I would have Serena 4th personally.

i agree.

goldenlox
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Maria should be #2 and challenging Justine for #1.
That will happen in about 3 months.

AcesHigh
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Maria should be #2 and challenging Justine for #1.
That will happen in about 3 months.

Henin is currently more than 2000 points ahead of Sharapova. And she still has YEC, Zurich(Tier I), and USO to keep her ahead of the pack.

Shimizu Amon
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Well congrats to Maria, she really deserves to back in the top 3 with the year she had so far. I'm confident she will be able to reach the number 2 position very soon. And then only Justine will be in her way to regain the number 1 position.
You go girl! I know you can do it!