PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Cornet's been impressive; what's good about her game?

tennisbear7
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I haven't really seen her play.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Heavy topspin, good movement, good court awareness.
The essentials you need to be a factor on clay basically.

iPatty
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Extremely heavy forehand, can hit it pretty much anywhere.
Great backhand as well, but it's quite flat. She hits the one down the line especially well.
Good first serve.
Nice movement, can slide and slice, a good combo on clay.

homogenius
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:07 AM
+ she's smart and strong mentally.

partbrit
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Strong on both sides, heavy forehand, deft movement, very feisty attitude.

Direwolf
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:36 AM
i dont wanna go to wtatour...

but how old is she??

can she win the French Open at her age??

Wolverines08
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Her forehand has so much topsin it's not funny...I love Alize!!!

fredbdx
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:06 AM
but how old is she??

can she win the French Open at her age??

Well she turns 18 on January this year...and she's the player born in 90 with the highest ranking.

No I don't think that she can win RG this year. She's definitvely a good clay player but still under the big names level such as Henin, S.Williams....
But with a lucky toss, she could make it pretty far. 1rst, it's going to depend if she'll be able to be seeded at RG....she 's not far away as Top 40 now. 2nd, it's also going to depend on how she'll dig the pressure from french media.

Serge007
Apr 20th, 2008, 07:17 AM
She's definitvely a good clay player but still under the big names level such as Henin, S.Williams....
and under small names like Cibulkova.

Slutiana
Apr 20th, 2008, 08:55 AM
The forehand looks A LOT like Tati's bar the excessive topspin and finishing of the shot. I do think it will hinder her on fast surfaces. It's her best shot and it's not even as good as JJ's, really.

CCCP1
Apr 20th, 2008, 09:02 AM
She hits with so much spin but she struggles on the faster surfaces. She definitely has a feisty attitude lol gets a bit angry

Geoffrey91
Apr 20th, 2008, 09:12 AM
She had her BAC (French Exam) at the age of 16 instead of 18. She's very clever and mentally strong although she can be really angry.

Medina
Apr 20th, 2008, 09:22 AM
against Fernandez she got angry at AO, pretty bad.

She hits with alot of topspin, Her backhand is strong down the line. Thats what i thought was great

matanuriel
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:15 AM
So she plays like a female Nadal?

The Dawntreader
Apr 20th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Masses of spin on that forehand, which appears to be even more so on clay. Reminds me of the ASv forehand, but with more depth and better technique:lol:

One thing i've noticed about Cornet is that she can change the direction of the ball really well. That's a really good asset to have to always provide the shock value to your opponent, they never know where she's going to hit it.

Backhand is so flat in comparison. Leans into it well and takes it pretty early. Serve shows her age, but it'll improve in time i'm sure.

Also i'm seeing better fitness this year. Remember last year when she looked winded against Venus and Jankovic? Looks so much more durable this year in long matches.

Max565
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Very solid, steady. Good defence. Not particularly powerful but has a tough mentality, imo.

Alizé Molik
Apr 20th, 2008, 12:59 PM
against Fernandez she got angry at AO, pretty bad.

She hits with alot of topspin, Her backhand is strong down the line. Thats what i thought was great

i was there too, and she was yelling at her coach just venting because she was sick!

Lapin
Apr 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
+ she's smart and strong mentally.
My thoughts on Alizé too :) , tennis is such a mental game.