PDA

View Full Version : Thank god Serena for this comeback!

sebbe
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Ok I'm not a real fan of Serena but I'm so happy that she is back on this level. She is probably the best player when she decide to be the best player. So happy that someone can beat Justine and Maria like this. I was so tired of people saying Justine and Maria are the players....this proves anything but that!

Thank god for your REAL comeback Serena!

Anyone agree with me?

frontier
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Ok I'm not a real fan of Serena but I'm so happy that she is back on this level. She is probably the best player when she decide to be the best player. So happy that someone can beat Justine and Maria like this. I was so tired of people saying Justine and Maria are the players....this proves anything but that!

Anyone agree with me?I absolutely concur !:worship:

jujufreak
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:47 AM

Anyone agree with me?

such :bs:

she DECIDES to be the best :D:lol::D ?????

so I guess last year she DECIDED she wanted to be beaten by Justine in Paris, London and New York :rolleyes:

please be reasonable, everybody TRIES to be at their best, no player can DECIDE when they switch to "winning mode"...

the victories against Justine and Maria prove she's a great player, why do many (not all luckily) of the Serena fans always have to blow things out of their proportions :rolleyes:

Slutati
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Yep, me too.

The Daviator
Jameka Monroe never went away people!!

Tennisstar86
ummm well i say thanks for another reason...today proved a point and not just that Serena is the best player of her generation... it showed the the tour needs Serena, Maria, Venus, Justine, Lindsay, and Jelena to meet more often at their best for competitive matches...

Russianboy
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:50 AM
like this? u mean a 3 set match in 2:30 h? hard fight about who's gonna win?

and btw, no, I dont agree :lol:

jujufreak
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:53 AM
today proved a point and not just that Serena is the best player of her generation

a lousy win against Sharapova on green clay proves Serena's the best player of her generation :confused:

:cuckoo: :help: :haha: :lol: :haha: :smash:

Slutati
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:57 AM
No, 8 slams and a 6:2, 6:0 spanking of the world #1, show she's the best player of her generation.

cnelson575
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:57 AM
To me this proved Serena is def back playing well but it also proved that Sharapova
is erasing the beatdowns. The biggest problem for Sharapova is she does not have the
stamina of Henin and Serena in 3 sets, those 2 are more athletic. But I see positives
for both Williams and Sharapova in this match. Serena one but it was more competitive.
Now we need to see them meet both playing at higher levels. But I think its safe to say
there clearly the top 2 this year so far as they both brushed Henin aside in straigt sets.

Dave.
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Serena is a great player, the best of her generation. But I don't think she 'decides' when she's on. Alot of it has to do with the opponent she is playing and other factors. When she's on, she is hard to beat, but it's not like flicking a switch or anything.

frontier
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:00 AM
a lousy win against Sharapova on green clay proves Serena's the best player of her generation :confused:

:cuckoo: :help: :haha: :lol: :haha: :smash:She bagelled Justine two weeks ago:pshe has beaten 4 out of 5 so called top five in three weeks.:pthats an amazing feat.

jujufreak
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:02 AM
No, 8 slams and a 6:2, 6:0 spanking of the world #1, show she's the best player of her generation.

:lol: right :unsure: , one win says it all :weirdo:

some people are so delusional :cuckoo: and a lot of them are in the same camp ...

Poor Tatiana, even such a nice girl has some real haters in her fanbase :(

jujufreak
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:06 AM
She bagelled Justine two weeks ago:pshe has beaten 4 out of 5 so called top five in three weeks.:pthats an amazing feat.

ah, there you say it, it's a great feat, but nothing more...

you can cheer after these victories, you can even :worship: Serena, but don't :timebomb: things out of their proportions

once she keeps beeting the top five players during a couple of months (and returns herself back to that top), you can speak about being the best AT THE MOMENT

we'll only be able to judge about "best player of her generation" after Justine, Serena and Venus have put their racket aside (Maria belongs to another generation imo)

Slutati
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:07 AM
:lol: right :unsure: , one win says it all :weirdo:

some people are so delusional :cuckoo: and a lot of them are in the same camp ...

Poor Tatiana, even such a nice girl has some real haters in her fanbase :(
What does Tati have to do with the whole thing:confused:
I actually don't hate Justine at all, I quite like her.I just think Serena is a better player, that's all:shrug:

jujufreak
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Serena is a great player. But I don't think she 'decides' when she's on. Alot of it has to do with the opponent she is playing and other factors. When she's on, she is hard to beat, but it's not like flicking a switch or anything.

:yeah:

yes, I left a little part out of the quote :D

jujufreak
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I actually don't hate Justine at all, I quite like her.I just think Serena is a better player, that's all:shrug:

the way you keep hating on Maria, over and over again makes me think you're a hater and I don't like all those negative, bashing posts, even when it's about one of Justine's main rivals...

frontier
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:16 AM

you can cheer after these victories, you can even :worship: Serena, but don't :timebomb: things out of their proportions

once she keeps beeting the top five players during a couple of months (and returns herself back to that top), you can speak about being the best AT THE MOMENT

we'll only be able to judge about "best player of her generation" after Justine, Serena and Venus have put their racket aside (Maria belongs to another generation imo)Sorry its an ongoing feat!:lol::lol::lol::p

Slutati
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:20 AM
the way you keep hating on Maria, over and over again makes me think you're a hater and I don't like all those negative, bashing posts, even when it's about one of Justine's main rivals...
Ok then, you got it right, I can't stand Sharapova:)Everyone's a hater though.

sebbe
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:29 PM
such :bs:

she DECIDES to be the best :D:lol::D ?????

so I guess last year she DECIDED she wanted to be beaten by Justine in Paris, London and New York :rolleyes:

please be reasonable, everybody TRIES to be at their best, no player can DECIDE when they switch to "winning mode"...

the victories against Justine and Maria prove she's a great player, why do many (not all luckily) of the Serena fans always have to blow things out of their proportions :rolleyes:

Serena's last year was interupted by injuries and other stuff and I actually don't think that she has been practising that hard. But she is looking more fit then in a long time and I think she just wanted to step it up and get back to the level she knew she had once. So yes if you are Serena you can decide to find the winning spirit again.

And as for last years results against Justine...Serena played like crap so se will win 4/5 times I thik if she is injuriefree and playing a normal amount of tournies.

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:33 PM
As every-one should know, When Serena is at her best, she is pretty much unbeatable

jfaithfully
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Well yes Serena is the best in the world, Serena has 30 titles did grandslam in singles and doubles, gold at the oylmpics, won the fed cup. Justine tried to do the grandslam in 2006 she lost, JH has plenty title is a great player no doubt but i'm sorry Serena is stronger and far much more of a fighter, only taking the french open Serena is also 14/1 thid year tell me again Serena is not the best in the world. People should really just say it like it is and not side with one because you are a fan.

When Serena is in form she can and will whoop anyone in her path

Destiny
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Only Serena can beat Serena

(when she is fit and healthy. And has some drive)

jfaithfully
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
^^ i don't agree with that statement because Serena can and does play badily at times and its wrong to think only she is responsible for her loses. Jh knew what to do last year and forced Serena to play badily, JH had low errors served well and moved well, yes serena helped by not performing as well as we knows she can. There are 2 people on the court on just one

kwilliams
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM

we'll only be able to judge about "best player of her generation" after Justine, Serena and Venus have put their racket aside (Maria belongs to another generation imo)

:confused: Nothing more? You make a 'great feat' sound like such a mere accomplishment.

I don't think anyone has blown the comeback out of proportion but last year Serena had two big wins on the hardcourts and that success didn't translate onto the clay. That accompanied by an injury hurt her year and affected her level.

I don't think she 'decided' to play well again but I do think she decided after Australia to commit herself to tennis both on and off the court. She could have skipped the green clay and waited to hit the red clay at Rome and RG but she is playing Berlin, Rome and RG. Her decision was to be more dedicated and I think it has paid off.

I agree that Sharapova belongs to another generation.