PDA

View Full Version : Bad Winners (this is not an attack on Serena fans)

Andy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I think some of you need to take a step back and look at what your writing and look at the comments being made. There is such a thing as being a bad winner and there have been some good examples of that today. Far enough your happy that your favourite won thats natural but there is no need to go around gloating, being arrogent using trashy aggressive language to trash talk the other player and her fans. Its not just today all fan groups can be foud guilty of this I just think its not very nice how certain being behave both before and after big matches with the aggressive and cutting statements they make. It doesnt make you look very nice and I just think certain people could win more graciously. I dont care how many bad reps I get for this I just felt I had to make this statement after reading a number of threads and comments people had made today.

Im not making a personal attack on Serena fans, Im talking about extreame posters from all fan bases. The reason Im made this post today is because the attacks have been focused on us.

adeegee
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I think there's also such a thing as a bad loser :scratch:

Corswandt
I think some of you need to take a step back and look at what your writing and look at the comments being made. There is such a thing as being a bad winner and there have been some good examples of that today. Far enough your happy that your favourite won thats natural but there is no need to go around gloating, being arrogent using trashy aggressive language to trash talk the other player and her fans. Its not just today all fan groups can be foud guilty of this I just think its not very nice how certain being behave both before and after big matches with the aggressive and cutting statements they make. It doesnt make you look very nice and I just think certain people could win more graciously. I dont care how many bad reps I get for this I just felt I had to make this statement after reading a number of threads and comments people had made today.

Reetards have always and will always be like this. You can either live with it, or set them all on ignore like I did ages ago.

CosmicDefender
Bad winner: Like someone's dad making slit her throat gestures during matches?

Tennisstar86
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:41 PM
its ok... the trolls always leave when their fav loses... you dont see the crazed Henin fans or the crazed Sharapova fans around do you? :wavey:

No Name Face
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM
You're right and I am a Serena fan. The difference between me and some of these REEtards is that Serena is not my life nor my livelihood. I can't stand Sharapova, but honestly, she doesn't deserve this. Plus the scoreline wasn't something worth gloating over. It was a solid match and the better player won. That's all that should be said.

The Daviator
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
It's a shame people will only create threads on 'bad winners', when it's their favourite player who gets beat.

RenaSlam.
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Bad winner/loser: see Demska

hingis-seles
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:45 PM
If you don't want to read Reetard gloating posts, you can always look up anything ever posted by lizchris, Denise or Dawn Marie. Guaranteed entertainment. If it's not sheer stupidity, the batshit insanity of the posts will definitely crack you up.

goldenlox
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:46 PM
The fans posting aren't winning or losing.
It's people with different opinions about a topic we all like, women's tennis.

You have to be able to deal with different opinions.
Others might not feel the same about a player that you do.

Andy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM
It's a shame people will only create a threads on 'bad winners', when it's their favourite player who gets beat.
I think every fan base has got those extreame posters who take it to far Im not trying to single out particular fan bases. Its just the fact that it is happening to Maria fans today. In general Im a fan of Serena but there are some people take it to far.

Dave.
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:48 PM
These threads annoy me. The only winner today was Serena. The people that post on message boards didn't win anything. If someone has a Serena avatar who claims to be her fan, just ignore them if they gloat. Starting threads about them will only make it worse. :shrug:

pov
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Look, you're not 14 - 17 years old anymore. You're an adult, so try and fake some semblance of reasoning ability. Pointing out the behavior of someone not on this board is a piss-poor attempt at validation for your moronic and harassing posts.

The Daviator
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I think every fan base has got those extreame posters who take it to far Im not trying to single out particular fan bases. Its just the fact that it is happening to Maria fans today. In general Im a fan of Serena but there are some people take it to far.

I think when every high profile player loses this happens, people at the very top like Maria, Justine and Serena are going to get these reactions when they lose, when Ivanovic lost to Lindsay she got it bad :help: Just know that Masha will be back winning again soon.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:55 PM
why does this only come up when serena wins??

pov
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:56 PM
OK, while I agree with your opening post, it's getting pretty irritating seeing these types of threads made only when Serena has a big win. There are idiots in every group. Reetards, Mashabators, Justidiots, Jankobitches, etc. The selective criticism is high annoying. All fans have a tendency to be obnoxious when their favorite has a big win. Some are just more obnoxious than others. Stop making threads/posts as if this is only a problem within Serena's fanbase because it's not.

Let me get this straight - you're telling people to stop making certain types of threads/posts telling others to stop making certain threads/posts.
:haha:

I do agree with you though that all players have some fans who "go there." This board could benefit from a few active mods.

Poova
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Because Serena fans are specifically bad with this? :o

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:00 AM

really...:rolleyes:

pov
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:00 AM
That's not the only time it comes up. Why is that the only times you and other Serena Williams fans notice it?

BTW - congrats on Serena Williams' win today. I watched the match and she was doing some good stuff. Very poised as well.

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Alright, look, I'm sick of some of you sore losers who's faves get beat up on once in a while (and I don't care by who) always running around whining people are being "bad winners." I'm not saying that's not the case, but quit trying to paint with such a broad brush, even though you not so subtly say "some."

Start quoting posts and calling posters out. Give them a chance to defend themselves instead of casting a dark cloud on an entire fan base, trying to sour the sweet victory.

I think there's also such a thing as a bad loser :scratch::spit:

Slutati
OMG Sharapova fans are talking about bad winners.Please get it together!

Tennisstar86

lol wheres sweet cleo? goodness everyone fanbase has a loon...

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:05 AM
That's not the only time it comes up. Why is that the only times you and other Serena Williams fans notice it?

BTW - congrats on Serena Williams' win today. I watched the match and she was doing some good stuff. Very poised as well.

bump some threads

CosmicDefender
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:07 AM

I have sympathy for you. It's hard that everytime you have expectations about your girl, she is bumped out by a Williams (and usually in a cruel way). Of course you can also talk about Serena fans being bad winners because your girl never wins against Serena and you never have the chance to be bad winners. You fill the role of bad losers quite well tho!

:lol:

Andy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Im not making a personal attack on Serena fans, Im talking about extreame posters from all fan bases. The reason Im made this post today is because the attacks have been focused on us and it has come to my attention. I dont hate Serena nor do I hate her fans.

Poova
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:10 AM
lol wheres sweet cleo? goodness everyone fanbase has a loon...
Cleo is not like that. She doesn't call the people Maria beats a bitch, a cow and god knows what else Maria has been called by Serena fans today. :shrug:

But yes, they do exist in all fanbases and I'm not denying that, I've just noticed that a few Serena fans are quite bad with this.

cocco80
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Im not making a personal attack on Serena fans, Im talking about extreame posters from all fan bases. The reason Im made this post today is because the attacks have been focused on us and it has come to my attention. I dont hate Serena nor do I hate her fans.

I agree with your original post. Last thread like this one was made after Serena victory as well and the fact that the Serena fan had started it didn't make the difference.
So you should maybe let it go for now and then bump it when Masha beats Serena so everybody gets the message. All fan groups that is. I'm with you and I hope there are others too.

tennisbear7
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Where were you saying this when all the Masha fans were busy gloating about AO, Doha, etc...?

That said, Maria doesn't deserve to be called a bitch etc.

Jasmin
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:39 AM
It's a shame people will only create threads on 'bad winners', when it's their favourite player who gets beat.

I agree. There are some serious bad losers here also.

All l wanted to do it congratulate serena and say I'm so happy that she's proving she's in shape. She's healthy and can possibly beat anybody. This is not to say she can't lose. It was also evident Maria's shoulder is fine and she's playing better. I didn't really want to go into records. h to h and all because I know the tide turns. I don't like to defend but I will when people are truly reasching. Favs lose all the time but there's been attacks on people to not be happy about this win because it was 3 sets or Maria must have been injured. That's ridiculous. I personally only care about the future and I wan't Serena to win some slams before she retires. This was a good win over a top player and I'm happy for Serena.

spiritedenergy
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:49 AM

geT iT TogEthER!!!111!!! MaRia'S Fans ARe the woRst to Bear wHen she WIns!!!22!##@@@@

V-MAC
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:14 AM
oh the Reetards.....gotta love to hate them :o Seriously I just think a lot of them are quite young and immature compared to other fan bases so you have to cut them some slack. I thought their smugness after Serena won the opening set today was a little uncalled for alright and even commented on it then in the Live Scoring thread but really I think it was only a handful of fans (probably one 1 or 2 really).Its one thing cheerng on your fav player but you don't have to be rude and disrespectful to the other player and her fans in the process :shrug: Now I'm not a Serena fan hater by any means as I have time for fans like Stefwhit and Dodoboy but I do see where the OP is coming from.

dearplastic
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:14 AM
First of all, labeling this thread as "not an attack on Serena fans" basically means it's an attack on Serena fans. Second of all, you're partly correct. There are many obnoxious posters who don't know when to admit defeat. Thirdly, you have to expect that there's going to be some gloating from every fanbase. That's part of being a tennis fan and having favorites. It's when the gloating gets mean-spirited that's problematic, but you're making it sound like everyone acts that way. And they don't. It's usually just a few select posters.

Thkmra
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:31 AM
OMG Sharapova fans are talking about bad winners.Please get it together!

:lol::lol::lol:

The irony is utterly amazing! :rolleyes:

Good thing EVERYTHING said is documented, and located in the archives...

If this keeps up about 'Bad winners', let's just see what the 'Good
losers' have to say on the subject! :rolleyes:

Because of course they're the epitome of everything gracious, and classy, in the midst of defeat!:tape::help:

Привет
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:35 AM
oh the Reetards.....gotta love to hate them :o Seriously I just think a lot of them are quite young and immature compared to other fan bases so you have to cut them some slack. I thought their smugness after Serena won the opening set today was a little uncalled for alright and even commented on it then in the Live Scoring thread but really I think it was only a handful of fans (probably one 1 or 2 really).Its one thing cheerng on your fav player but you don't have to be rude and disrespectful to the other player and her fans in the process :shrug: Now I'm not a Serena fan hater by any means as I have time for fans like Stefwhit and Dodoboy but I do see where the OP is coming from.
:yeah:

It annoys me when a fan of any player slags off on another player. As other posters have said in this thread, a fan of a winning player has not won anything. Too bad a select few posters don't understand that and have to dance around like they've made some big accomplishment when all they've done is watch a tennis match on tv.

mankind
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Yes MighyMashaFan, try to control the comments and thoughts of an entire tennis board.
People are going to fling shit around from both sides, maybe just get some tougher skin. It's an internet board for Christ's sake, not civilised society.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:43 AM
It's a shame people will only create threads on 'bad winners' when it's their favorites that lose.
Predictable.

If Serena had lost I'm sure there would have been a thread about "sore losers"- and just like this one, I'm sure it wouldn't have been directed at Serena fans ;)

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Thia thread was completely irrelevant. I mean, would you have created this thread if Maria won and the Maria fans were acting obnoxious?

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:48 AM
You're right and I am a Serena fan. The difference between me and some of these REEtards is that Serena is not my life nor my livelihood. I can't stand Sharapova, but honestly, she doesn't deserve this. Plus the scoreline wasn't something worth gloating over. It was a solid match and the better player won. That's all that should be said.

You are NOT a Serena fan.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Predictable.

If Serena had lost I'm sure there would have been a thread about "sore losers"- and just like this one, I'm sure it wouldn't have been directed at Serena fans ;)

very true...

StarDuvallGrant
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:29 AM
MightyMashafan does have a point, however the timing is suspect. There are always going to be a segment of a fan population in any fanbase that come to stand for the whole. It's part laziness of the ones trying to judge and the other part fans who go about their business regardless of the fanship label.

Ben.
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Sadly some posters aren't gonna get the message here, but thats human nature for you though.

homogenius
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:40 AM
OK, while I agree with your opening post, it's getting pretty irritating seeing these types of threads made only when Serena has a big win. There are idiots in every group. Reetards, Mashabators, Justidiots, Jankobitches, etc. The selective criticism is high annoying. All fans have a tendency to be obnoxious when their favorite has a big win. Some are just more obnoxious than others. Stop making threads/posts as if this is only a problem within Serena's fanbase because it's not.

I agree with this

homogenius
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:44 AM
If you don't want to read Reetard gloating posts, you can always look up anything ever posted by lizchris, Denise or Dawn Marie. Guaranteed entertainment. If it's not sheer stupidity, the batshit insanity of the posts will definitely crack you up.

:lol:

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:14 AM
MightyMashafan does have a point, however the timing is suspect. There are always going to be a segment of a fan population in any fanbase that come to stand for the whole. It's part laziness of the ones trying to judge and the other part fans who go about their business regardless of the fanship label.

:clap2:

No Name Face
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:15 AM

Fuck off. You're such a passive-aggressive twat. One second you're all up my ass and then the other times you try to post retarded shit just to get a rise out of me. I'm so sick of you - if you've noticed, I don't start shit with you unless you start with me. The only thing I recall doing was calling you and your other friend out on being all up Denise's ass when she was being meaner than usual, which has been apparent for the latter half of two years.

Anyway, I've been a Serena fan since I was 13 years old, when I watched her win the U.S. Open for the first time. You're absolutely pathetic - I've done nothing ever but defend Serena and root for her. I've always maintained that I was a Serena fan. As for this thread, sure the timing is suspect, but it's something that needs to be said. All you 'super' fans are crazy. The thread poster is actually a really cool guy, so I definitely support him because I agree. That's it. Fuck off, you're back on ignore. :yeah:

Experimentee
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Have you seen all the bad loser threads made by Sharapova fans today?

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Fuck off.

No, you are more than welcomed to put me on ignore though. :shrug: I don't think you're a Serena fan but it's just my opinion of course. Your post said it all and your incessant babble about "Ree-tards" doesn't help your case of being a "Serena" fan either. :rolleyes:

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Have you seen all the bad loser threads made by Sharapova fans today?

Ya know!!! And, to think if she had won today. :eek: Even some of the so called Serena fans are endorsing this thread but a couple of them were never Serena fans to begin with no matter what they say. :lol:

Nikkiri
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:24 AM
While I agree with what you're saying i find it funny you're a sharapova fan they are among the worst. But oh well it's never going to stop. All fan bases have there fair share of immature posters just gotta ignore them.

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Fuck off. You're such a passive-aggressive twat. I'm so sick of you. I've been a Serena fan since I was 13 years old, when I watched her win the U.S. Open for the first time. You're absolutely pathetic - I've done nothing ever but defend Serena and root for her. I've always maintained that I was a Serena fan. As for this thread, sure the timing is suspect, but it's something that needs to be said. All you 'super' fans are crazy. The thread poster is actually a really cool guy, so I definitely support him because I agree. That's it.

No Name Face. The ignore button is your friend. Use it if you hate me so much. I don't believe you are a Serena fan. Never did either. That's why threads like these exist to an extent because of fairweather fans, or shadow fans like you, post in it and stir up unnecessary drama to feed trolls like Demska and cellophake. Serena fan. Please :rolleyes: You don't even post in her forums as many other so called Serena fans don't either. Just had to call it as I see it as I am getting very annoyed with "Serena" fans like yourself and others bashing some of us other Serena fans and labeling us as "Ree-tards" when you guys were never Serena fans to begin with.

-VSR-
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:10 AM
It's a message board, I would never take anything said on here too seriously. If you do, something's wrong there. :lol:

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:17 AM

Why don't you have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up? :wavey:

Pureracket
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:28 AM
why does this only come up when serena wins??because it seems that SErena's the only one who's winning lately.;)

lympyisthebest
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:30 AM
It happens, just don't visit GM for a couple days after your favourites lose, and explore the other wonderful parts of this forum. It's better not reading the trash talk than reading it and get all worked up, pissed off and start a thread trying lecture other people on how to be a good winner.

Diesel
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:34 AM

Im not making a personal attack on Serena fans, Im talking about extreame posters from all fan bases. The reason Im made this post today is because the attacks have been focused on us.

When you make a similar thread if Maria beats Serena and the rabid Maria fans and Serena haters go wild I'll take you seriously.

Brooklyn90
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Some people go over the top some times. When there's bad blood between two players the fans seem to be more vocal in the after results than if the players were friends. I think the almost "Bitch" comment may have made things even more hostile.

harloo
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:42 AM
It happens, just don't visit GM for a couple days after your favourites lose, and explore the other wonderful parts of this forum. It's better not reading the trash talk than reading it and get all worked up, pissed off and start a thread trying lecture other people on how to be a good winner.

:worship::worship:It happens with every fanbase on here. When Serena was losing to Justine last year it was worser. Even when Maria was winning against Serena you saw Maria fans out of control. But it's pointless to lecture someone on how to react on a message board. I just don't understand why fans get upset over how someone posts. I understand that if a top player loses their will be all kinds of threads created about that particular match.

My advice for all those who are offended easily: Step off the board for a few days and come back when it dies down. Otherwise don't fix your mouth and get upset over responses you have no control over.:lol:

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:44 AM
When you make a similar thread if Maria beats Serena and the rabid Maria fans and Serena haters go wild I'll take you seriously.

:lol: Right??!!

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:44 AM
:worship::worship:It happens with every fanbase on here. When Serena was losing to Justine last year it was worser. Even when Maria was winning against Serena you saw Maria fans out of control. But it's pointless to lecture someone on how to react on a message board. I just don't understand why fans get upset over how someone posts. I understand that if a top player loses their will be all kinds of threads created about that particular match.

My advice for all those who are offended easily: Step off the board for a few days and come back when it dies down. Otherwise don't fix your mouth and get upset over responses you have no control over.:lol:

:worship::worship::worship:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:49 AM
This thread is pretty funny. All out war between Serena Fans and Sharapova Fans, and even Serena Fans and Serena Fans in some cases :lol: Good stuff :yeah:

I'm definately not a Serena or Maria Fan - but you Masha Extremists and Ree-Tards certainly keep this board a pretty comedic warzone..

MESSAGE FOR SERENA FANS: The win was far from emphatic. If it were as emphatic as Serena's past 2 wins I could understand your gloating, but Masha was up 5-3 in the first set, and took the second - it could have easily been Sharapova in 2 sets. I don't know why you're all so impressed with Serena after this anyway, clearly Maria has closed the gap between herself and Serena, otherwise Serena would have won with the loss of less than 5 games - as in their last two encounters. This very well may be a signal that Maria is coming up, or Serena is in decline :shrug:

MESSAGE FOR SHARAPOVA FANS: Get over it. Seriously. Every fanbase has trolls, some of which seem so obsessed with a tennis player that they don't even know personally. Serena has them, sure, as does Maria. The ignore button is always there if you dislike what posters have to say, but if your not prepared to use it then there isn't reason for whinging about bad winners - because thats just being a bad loser. Take it with dignity. The match was alot closer then their last two meetings so if I were a Masha fan I'd be inclined to take it as a positive, and would go as far as to say that the gap between Maria and Serena has closed alot.

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:51 AM
This thread is pretty funny. All out war between Serena Fans and Sharapova Fans, and even Serena Fans and Serena Fans in some cases :lol: Good stuff :yeah:

I'm definately not a Serena or Maria Fan - but you Masha Extremists and Ree-Tards certainly keep this board a pretty comedic warzone..

MESSAGE FOR SERENA FANS: The win was far from emphatic. If it were as emphatic as Serena's past 2 wins I could understand your gloating, but Masha was up 5-3 in the first set, and took the second - it could have easily been Sharapova in 2 sets. I don't know why you're all so impressed with Serena after this anyway, clearly Maria has closed the gap between herself and Serena, otherwise Serena would have won with the loss of less than 5 games - as in their last two encounters. This very well may be a signal that Maria is coming up, or Serena is in decline :shrug:

MESSAGE FOR SHARAPOVA FANS: Get over it. Seriously. Every fanbase has trolls, some of which seem so obsessed with a tennis player that they don't even know personally. Serena has them, sure, as does Maria. The ignore button is always there if you dislike what posters have to say, but if your not prepared to use it then there isn't reason for whinging about bad winners - because thats just being a bad loser. Take it with dignity. The match was alot closer then their last two meetings so if I were a Masha fan I'd be inclined to take it as a positive, and would go as far as to say that the gap between Maria and Serena has closed alot.

:weirdo:

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:54 AM

:help: Sounds pretty slanted to me. Please :lol:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:57 AM
If is Serena were just as dominant over Sharapova the win would have been as convincing as their last two meetings. Sharapova is closing the gap, and I predict she will win their next meeting in a close one.

Please use more than one smiley when quoting my post. It just shows that you have very little to say of the topic due to a lack of intelligence.

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:58 AM
:help: Sounds pretty slanted to me. Please :lol:

How so? It's quite clear that the match may have been a 2-set win to Sharapova if Serena hadn't stepped it up in the first. Don't you think?

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:00 AM
If is Serena were just as dominant over Sharapova the win would have been as convincing as their last two meetings. Sharapova is closing the gap, and I predict she will win their next meeting in a close one.

Please use more than one smiley when quoting my post. It just shows that you have very little to say of the topic due to a lack of intelligence.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. :shrug:

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:06 AM
How so? It's quite clear that the match may have been a 2-set win to Sharapova if Serena hadn't stepped it up in the first. Don't you think?

The fact that Serena did win the first set by stepping up her game and turning it around at 5-3 with her blistering returns, amazing ground strokes and extraordinary serves made it very clear that it would not be a two set win to Sharapova. :lol: Quite frankly, I thought it was going to be a two set Serena win, but unfortunately for Serena, Maria upped her level of play in the second set with a crucial service break against Serena with some great returns. That's tennis. Nothing is ever clear in tennis until the last ball is struck. Anything can happen.

They both broke each other twice in the first set, so I'm not understanding why you think it would have been a two-set win for Maria when clearly she lost the first set. She has nothing to hang her head about losing that first set because there was nothing she could do about it. She played her best, but Serena was too much at the end of the first. :shrug: Did you watch the match?

G1Player2
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:12 AM

No fool, it's just that some of your posts was so retarded and biased there was only need for this :weirdo: to sum up what I had to say.

Besides that, Maria is a Top 3 player who has WON a slam this year so of course Serena isn't going to steamroll her in all of their matches especially with this being her first time metting Maria on clay and Serena's frist green clay tournament in awhile and that Sharapova is playing great at the moment. You can't expect Serena to beat Maria in less than 5 games in all of their meeting and when she doesn't, you say the reasoning is because Serena is in decline.

Also, if anything, this loss will hurt more than her lat 2 meeting with Serena because at least Maria and her crew can say that Serena was just playing off the meters and there was nothing Maria could do that day, but, today, Maria played her heart out and gave everything she had yet she still didn't pull out a win. This loss probably stings a little more considering Serena was more off her game yet still pulled out the win so I can't see how you are able to say that this latest meeting means that Sharapova is edging the gap. Hell, Maria was way up in that 1st set and gave up several set points so maybe it could be a mental thing. :shrug:

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:25 AM
No fool, it's just that some of your posts was so retarded and biased there was only need for this :weirdo: to sum up what I had to say.

Besides that, Maria is a Top 3 player who has WON a slam this year so of course Serena isn't going to steamroll her in all of their matches especially with this being her first time metting Maria on clay and Serena's frist green clay tournament in awhile and that Sharapova is playing great at the moment. You can't expect Serena to beat Maria in less than 5 games in all of their meeting and when she doesn't, you say the reasoning is because Serena is in decline.

Also, if anything, this loss will hurt more than her lat 2 meeting with Serena because at least Maria and her crew can say that Serena was just playing off the meters and there was nothing Maria could do that day, but, today, Maria played her heart out and gave everything she had yet she still didn't pull out a win. This loss probably stings a little more considering Serena was more off her game yet still pulled out the win so I can't see how you are able to say that this latest meeting means that Sharapova is edging the gap. Hell, Maria was way up in that 1st set and gave up several set points so maybe it could be a mental thing. :shrug:

While I believe that Serena is in Maria's head right now, I do believe that there was nothing Maria could do at 5-3 in the first set. What can you do when someone is teeing off on your first serves for winners or making you error based on the sheer power of the return and solid groundstrokes? What can you do when someone makes three aces in a row to win a game to even out the match? Maria was not spraying errors. As a matter of fact the differential in her winners to errors ratio was in the positive, so she didn't give anything away. As MaryJo said today, Serena out-hit her, out-aced her, out-ran her and out-played her. :shrug:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:51 AM
The fact that Serena did win the first set by stepping up her game and turning it around at 5-3 with her blistering returns, amazing ground strokes and extraordinary serves made it very clear that it would not be a two set win to Sharapova. :lol: Quite frankly, I thought it was going to be a two set Serena win, but unfortunately for Serena, Maria upped her level of play in the second set with a crucial service break against Serena with some great returns. That's tennis. Nothing is ever clear in tennis until the last ball is struck. Anything can happen.

They both broke each other twice in the first set, so I'm not understanding why you think it would have been a two-set win for Maria when clearly she lost the first set. She has nothing to hang her head about losing that first set because there was nothing she could do about it. She played her best, but Serena was too much at the end of the first. :shrug: Did you watch the match?

What I said was that it very easily could have been a 2 set win to Sharapova if Serena didn't up her level, but Serena did - goodon her for doing so - but if she had played as she did for the first 8 games she would have lost the first set and Maria would have been more likely to win the second. I'm far from disputing that Serena didn't deserve the win, of course she did, I'm just saying that it's a lot closer than people think, and an entirely different outcome could have resulted if not for Serena stepping it up in a few pivotal moments.

I did watch the match, and yes Serena did outplay her at the right time at 3-5 in the first set, so she deserved that first set. By the way Serena actually broke Maria one more time then Maria broke Serena - hence the 7-5 scoreline.

bandabou
Apr 19th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Of course Serena wasn't gonna beat Maria 6-1 6-2 all the time. But this win might be even more satisfying. down 3-5 in the 1st set, saves sp and wins 4 games on the trot: CLUTCH! And gives Maria even MORE to think about. Semi letdown in the 2nd, but even then Maria got the jitters when serving for the set the 1st time around, blowing three straight sp's! and the 3rd? goes to another gear and leaves Maria in the dust.

All in all..a nice performance, but yeah..shouldn't be too hard on Maria.

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:00 AM

Umm :tape: Did you watch the match? Sure Maria played quite well, but Serena was very close to her best, particularly in the third set and final stages of the first.

I doubt it will hurt Maria as much as her other two losses also. Atleast now Maria nows that she can prevail over Serena, but she just needs to step it up at the right times - like Serena does so well.

This match, to me, shows that Maria is definately closing the gap physically and mentally. She'll go into their next encounter with a much different mindset than she did when she went into this one. She'll know that if she's good enough to gain a 5-3 lead in the first set against Serena, and take a second 6-4, than she's not far of taking a win.

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:02 AM
While I believe that Serena is in Maria's head right now, I do believe that there was nothing Maria could do at 5-3 in the first set. What can you do when someone is teeing off on your first serves for winners or making you error based on the sheer power of the return and solid groundstrokes? What can you do when someone makes three aces in a row to win a game to even out the match? Maria was not spraying errors. As a matter of fact the differential in her winners to errors ratio was in the positive, so she didn't give anything away. As MaryJo said today, Serena out-hit her, out-aced her, out-ran her and out-played her. :shrug:

Exactly right :yeah:

I think we know who didn't watch the match aye GPlayer21 :rolleyes:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Of course Serena wasn't gonna beat Maria 6-1 6-2 all the time. But this win might be even more satisfying. down 3-5 in the 1st set, saves sp and wins 4 games on the trot: CLUTCH! And gives Maria even MORE to think about. Semi letdown in the 2nd, but even then Maria got the jitters when serving for the set the 1st time around, blowing three straight sp's! and the 3rd? goes to another gear and leaves Maria in the dust.

All in all..a nice performance, but yeah..shouldn't be too hard on Maria.

I disagree. I think that Maria will be positive considering her past 2 losses were demolitions, and then she comes out, gets a 5-3 lead and SP's in Set 1, and wins the second 6-4 (could have/should have won it easier IMO) against Serena on clay, her least favourite surface. (i know clay is Serena's worst surface..but still) I think she'll believe that if she steps it up like Serena does at the key moments than she could defeat her.

bandabou
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I disagree. I think that Maria will be positive considering her past 2 losses were demolitions, and then she comes out, gets a 5-3 lead and SP's in Set 1, and wins the second 6-4 (could have/should have won it easier IMO) against Serena on clay, her least favourite surface. (i know clay is Serena's worst surface..but still) I think she'll believe that if she steps it up like Serena does at the key moments than she could defeat her.

I guess from Maria's perspective, you can look at it this way too. Still: you GOTTA start stepping it up sometime..since that '05 oz open SF, it's been Serena doing all the stepping up. We'll see how this play out.

Me thinks Serena just is a bad match-up for Maria.

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:25 AM
What I said was that it very easily could have been a 2 set win to Sharapova if Serena didn't up her level, but Serena did - goodon her for doing so - but if she had played as she did for the first 8 games she would have lost the first set and Maria would have been more likely to win the second. I'm far from disputing that Serena didn't deserve the win, of course she did, I'm just saying that it's a lot closer than people think, and an entirely different outcome could have resulted if not for Serena stepping it up in a few pivotal moments.

I did watch the match, and yes Serena did outplay her at the right time at 3-5 in the first set, so she deserved that first set. By the way Serena actually broke Maria one more time then Maria broke Serena - hence the 7-5 scoreline.

What do you mean the first 8 games? It was 0-2, then 2-2, then 3-2, then 3-3, then 3-4, then 3-5. She only lost her serve twice, then Maria lost her serve twice. I think it was pretty even in the first game. They had the same amount of points by the end of the first set. I'm not disputing that it was a close match. I'm disputing the slant you put on it, that Maria was playing levels above Serena and could have won in two sets when the end of the set told a different story. It was a very even set, even though the pendulum (sp?) swung for both players at different times in the set. So, I think we agree on the fact that it was a close set, it just may be the way you said it. Because the way Serena was playing at the beginning of the second set, it looked like she was going to run away with the match, until Maria stepped up her level of play at a pivotal moment when she broke Serena in the third game. Because she almost got broken herself in the second game of the second set.

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I guess from Maria's perspective, you can look at it this way too. Still: you GOTTA start stepping it up sometime..since that '05 oz open SF, it's been Serena doing all the stepping up. We'll see how this play out.

Me thinks Serena just is a bad match-up for Maria.

Yeah I agree, she does have to start stepping it up especially when her opponent does so. Serena could be a bad match up for Maria aswell.

I'm really liking Maria at the moment though I have to admit, particularly her work ethic and commitment - it looks like she's really dedicated to her tennis this year, I never thought she'd be playing these US Clay events (played Charleston only once in '03 before, and never been in Amelia Island before this year) but she says she's commited to a full clay schedule so good on her. I don't class myself as a fan of hers though.

To be completely honest that's why I've never been a fan of Serena. For the most part I don't see her completely dedicated to tennis, which is sad. It's still impressive that she's been so successful, and is one of the greats in my opinion, but I think that if she'd been completely dedicated to tennis all these years she would have so many more Grand Slams and weeks at #1. Everytime she's playing I'd consider to be at the very least in the top 4 players in the world, but she's never ranked as high because she doesn't compete as much as other more-dedicated, but less-talented women.

BTW I think it's great that we can have an indepth discussion about the pro's and con's of players such as Sharapova and Williams without being rude and all that.

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
What do you mean the first 8 games? It was 0-2, then 2-2, then 3-2, then 3-3, then 3-4, then 3-5. She only lost her serve twice, then Maria lost her serve twice. I think it was pretty even in the first game. They had the same amount of points by the end of the first set. I'm not disputing that it was a close match. I'm disputing the slant you put on it, that Maria was playing levels above Serena and could have won in two sets when the end of the set told a different story. It was a very even set, even though the pendulum (sp?) swung for both players at different times in the set. So, I think we agree on the fact that it was a close set, it just may be the way you said it. Because the way Serena was playing at the beginning of the second set, it looked like she was going to run away with the match, until Maria stepped up her level of play at a pivotal moment when she broke Serena in the third game. Because she almost got broken herself in the second game of the second set.

I don't think that Maria was playing levels above Serena, nor did I intend so, but I think until 5-3 in the first set, for the majority, Maria was playing the better tennis slightly, sorry if I worded it conspicuously.

Bartosh
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Yeah but nobody see how many Maria's Fans are idiots. "omg SHE WILL WIN RG!!!" "Oh jesus she win against Bondarenko in 3sets!!Great results!!" :rolleyes:
If Serena win I can be happy (not offending any other players) - it's normal... every player has idiotic fans - not only Serena ;)

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:35 AM

Certainly a huge accomplishment for Pova. Wow, she took a set off of Serena....... How times have changed!!! Wasn't there a time when pova fans used to brag that pova is far superior to Serena and is the best player in the WTA?

If Serena is in decline and still wins convincingly, what does that say of pova who supposedly just won a slam and was on a high horse going into yesterday's match?

Some ppl just talk straight of their ***!!!

Denise4925
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah I agree, she does have to start stepping it up especially when her opponent does so. Serena could be a bad match up for Maria aswell.

I'm really liking Maria at the moment though I have to admit, particularly her work ethic and commitment - it looks like she's really dedicated to her tennis this year, I never thought she'd be playing these US Clay events (played Charleston only once in '03 before, and never been in Amelia Island before this year) but she says she's commited to a full clay schedule so good on her. I don't class myself as a fan of hers though.

To be completely honest that's why I've never been a fan of Serena. For the most part I don't see her completely dedicated to tennis, which is sad. It's still impressive that she's been so successful, and is one of the greats in my opinion, but I think that if she'd been completely dedicated to tennis all these years she would have so many more Grand Slams and weeks at #1. Everytime she's playing I'd consider to be at the very least in the top 4 players in the world, but she's never ranked as high because she doesn't compete as much as other more-dedicated, but less-talented women.

BTW I think it's great that we can have an indepth discussion about the pro's and con's of players such as Sharapova and Williams without being rude and all that.

Yeah, but in defense of Serena, there were a lot of things going on in her personal life, i.e. tragedies and untimely injuries resulting from that knee surgery she had. Yes, she stepped out on the red carpet and parties and what have you, but I look at that as a reaction to depression and grief. I know it doesn't sound like that's the way a person should react, but people handle grief differently. When you're grieving, sometimes you just don't feel like working and just want to do things to take your mind off of your grief and work is not always something you can concentrate on at a time like that. Her fitness was affected by this and led to more injuries and weight gain. A vicious cycle. Hopefully, this year will be her comeback. As a fan, I certainly hope so. But, I think the dedication is definitely there, otherwise she could just retire. She certainly doesn't need the money.

Oh and I agree about having a peaceful discussion. It's very refreshing.

SOA_MC
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Bad winners see Sharapova fans January 08 to April 08

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Certainly a huge accomplishment for Pova. Wow, she took a set off of Serena....... How times have changed!!! Wasn't there a time when pova fans used to brag that pova is far superior to Serena and is the best player in the WTA?

If Serena is in decline and still wins convincingly, what does that say of pova who supposedly just won a slam and was on a high horse going into yesterday's match?

Some ppl just talk straight of their ***!!!

The win was far from convincing, did you see the match - or even the scoreline? I'm sure their were MaSha fans saying that, just as there are Serena fans saying Serena is far superior to MaSha and is the best player in the WTA - it's just how this board works.

What do you mean she "supposedly just won a slam"? She did win the AO didn't she? 'Supposedly' hints that you doubt it happened..

I don't think Maria was on a 'high horse' either. She had been completely anhihilated in their last two meetings so I doubt she would be particularly over confident, quite the opposite actually.

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah, but in defense of Serena, there were a lot of things going on in her personal life, i.e. tragedies and untimely injuries resulting from that knee surgery she had. Yes, she stepped out on the red carpet and parties and what have you, but I look at that as a reaction to depression and grief. I know it doesn't sound like that's the way a person should react, but people handle grief differently. When you're grieving, sometimes you just don't feel like working and just want to do things to take your mind off of your grief and work is not always something you can concentrate on at a time like that. Her fitness was affected by this and led to more injuries and weight gain. A vicious cycle. Hopefully, this year will be her comeback. As a fan, I certainly hope so. But, I think the dedication is definitely there, otherwise she could just retire. She certainly doesn't need the money.

Oh and I agree about having a peaceful discussion. It's very refreshing.

That's true. I completely forgot about the whole Yetunde thing. It would have been very hard - for both sisters - and would have affected not only her tennis, but her entire lifestyle for a large amount of time. But yes this year could be her comeback to dedication and quite possibly to #1 - she's had very good results and seems like she's playing an acceptable amount of tournaments. I'd like to see a few more but that's up to her and what she thinks is best I suppose :)

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:04 AM
The win was far from convincing, did you see the match - or even the scoreline? I'm sure their were MaSha fans saying that, just as there are Serena fans saying Serena is far superior to MaSha and is the best player in the WTA - it's just how this board works.

What do you mean she "supposedly just won a slam"? She did win the AO didn't she? 'Supposedly' hints that you doubt it happened..

I don't think Maria was on a 'high horse' either. She had been completely anhihilated in their last two meetings so I doubt she would be particularly over confident, quite the opposite actually.

I did watch the match and Serena won convincingly and ending it with a 6-1 in the third. Maria puting up a fight does not translate to the match being on her racket. The match turned out exactly as I expected it to. If I were pova, I'll put up a fight too considering the lopsided last 2 matches between them.

FYI, a match is not won in the middle of the game until it's over. I mean, what is the glory in losing but then asserting "a player played great only for a quarter of the match? Well, playing to win is what counts and Serena did just that convincingly!! Get the drift?....

All said and done, slice it whichever way you like, there is no doubt Serena won this CONVINCINGLY and Maria knows it too!!!:bounce:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I did watch the match and Serena won convincingly and ending it with a 6-1 in the third. Maria puting up a fight does not translate to the match being on her racket. The match turned out exactly as I expected it to. If I were pova, I'll put up a fight too considering the lopsided last 2 matches between them.

FYI, a match is not won in the middle of the game until it's over. I mean, what is the glory in losing but then asserting "a player played great only for a quarter of the match? Well, playing to win is what counts and Serena did just that convincingly!! Get the drift?....

All said and done, slice it whichever way you like, there is no doubt Serena won this CONVINCINGLY and Maria knows it too!!!:bounce:

What are you on? Serena certainly won the third set convincingly, thats inarguable. But the match was close for the most part, and I don't think 'convincing' is a way to describe, I don't think you could call any 3-set match in womens tennis convincing.

Are you saying that in their previous 2 meetings Maria didn't put up a fight, so she did this time? I don't understand what you're trying to say. I'm sure Maria fought in their last 2 meetings prior to this aswell - but she was just absolutely flogged by Serena

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
What are you on? Serena certainly won the third set convincingly, thats inarguable. But the match was close for the most part, and I don't think 'convincing' is a way to describe, I don't think you could call any 3-set match in womens tennis convincing.

Are you saying that in their previous 2 meetings Maria didn't put up a fight, so she did this time? I don't understand what you're trying to say. I'm sure Maria fought in their last 2 meetings prior to this aswell - but she was just absolutely flogged by Serena

Look, I'm not in the mood for petty arguement. Fact is, Pova lost and Serena won. U need to move on. Believe it or not, 10yrs from now, the fact would still remain pova lost and Serena won. So, what is your point?

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Look, I'm not in the mood for petty arguement. Fact is, Pova lost and Serena won. U need to move on. Believe it or not, 10yrs from now, the fact would still remain pova lost and Serena won. So, what is your point?

What do you mean? I just don't understand the point of replying if you have something that pointless to say. I am not a Serena fan, nor a Sharapova fan - so i'm not denying or implying anything. Of course Serena won - that is blatantly obvious to everybody on this board. But I'm not sure that it will remain so in 10 years time.

What if a scientist from Liechtenstein develops a time machine? Then Maria, after discovering a super-growth hormone in the future that is undetectable to drug tests, uses the machine to go back to yesterday and defeat Serena?

Note sarcasm.

bandabou
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Hmm...Serena already showed what she could do when totally focused: 2002-2003. We shouldn't expect that same type of focus again, because she isn't that Serena anymore. Besides, then she WOULDN'T be Serena.

That's what makes her so appealing: she can drop all the way to outside of the top 100, and then before she knows she's bageling the no.1 player and winning big titles again.

Still..it's nice to see Serena playing this well again. Hopefully she can stay HEALTHY and then everything will play out.

cheo23
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Serena will always UP her game whenever she plays Maria!!! The gap will always be there and it won't narrow baby!!!

Destiny
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM
:)

SharapovaFan16
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Serena will always UP her game whenever she plays Maria!!! The gap will always be there and it won't narrow baby!!!

Because Maria has never beaten Serena before riiiight. :rolleyes: Where was that gap when Maria won Wimbledon at 17? Guess that was just a fluke rite?

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Why do people have to argue so much? Whats the point?! Serena beat Maria yesterday. That's it. Get over it.

Maybe next time Maria will win, or Serena could win again. Does it really matter now? The match is over :rolleyes:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Hmm...Serena already showed what she could do when totally focused: 2002-2003. We shouldn't expect that same type of focus again, because she isn't that Serena anymore. Besides, then she WOULDN'T be Serena.

That's what makes her so appealing: she can drop all the way to outside of the top 100, and then before she knows she's bageling the no.1 player and winning big titles again.

Still..it's nice to see Serena playing this well again. Hopefully she can stay HEALTHY and then everything will play out.

It's definately good to see her playing so well and it really shows how dominant she is when she comes out of nowhere, with no matchplay, and is legendary almost immediately.

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Why do people have to argue so much? Whats the point?! Serena beat Maria yesterday. That's it. Get over it.

Maybe next time Maria will win, or Serena could win again. Does it really matter now? The match is over :rolleyes:

Yes! Thank you! I don't think any other match-up would be getting this ridiculous aftermath. Serena won... yay! OK?! It's finished. Maybe Maria will beat Serena next time...yay! Remember, it was a close match in which Maria had set points in the first set too! Some posters are just so childish. Unlike this mature poster here ^

SharapovaFan16
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I honestly think their should be some kind of test before people are accepted as WTA Members. The ignorance here is ridiculous and is down right embarassing to this message board.

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Yes! Thank you! I don't think any other match-up would be getting this ridiculous aftermath. Serena won... yay! OK?! It's finished. Maybe Maria will beat Serena next time...yay! Remember, it was a close match in which Maria had set points in the first set too! Some posters are just so childish. Unlike this mature poster here ^

Yup it'll only happen when Serena and Maria play. If Serena didnt serve that bomb on set point in the first set, Maria could have won this 6-4 6-4. But she did and thats how Serena won in three. I don't see why people are living in the past. It was a good match and there had to be one winner. The thing is- every time they play each other, we'll also get this arguing. Why can't people just be like ' Well Done Serena-Good effort Maria'. Would really make this place so much nicer.

It's in the past- why can't people just watch the Semi-finals now? Instead if arugeing :o

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:11 AM
That's true.

There's no need for petty stabs at either player or their fans. Both played well in a good match, and Serena won this time, congrats to her.

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I honestly think their should be some kind of test before people are accepted as WTA Members. The ignorance here is ridiculous and is down right embarassing to this message board.

I honestly don't think Maria fans would have reacted in the same way if she had beaten Serena... well, I wouldn't have reacted that way anyway. It's just a poor representation on WTAWorld and a big letdown.

SharapovaFan16
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I honestly don't think Maria fans would have reacted in the same way if she had beaten Serena... well, I wouldn't have reacted that way anyway. It's just a poor representation on WTAWorld and a big letdown.

Same way here. Sure during the match I was rooting for Maria to destroy Serena, but once it was all said and done had to give Williams her props. She was the better player.

A lot of people on this forum have a lot of problems giving props to someone who isn't their fave. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Serena fan by any means, but I'll give her props when she deserves it. Today she earned it.

First non GS tennis match I've enjoyed watching in some time.

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Same way here. Sure during the match I was rooting for Maria to destroy Serena, but once it was all said and done had to give Williams her props. She was the better player.

A lot of people on this forum have a lot of problems giving props to someone who isn't their fave. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a Serena fan by any means, but I'll give her props when she deserves it. Today she earned it.

I know, We should just be happy it was such a close and high quality match between this two megastars of tennis. :D

SharapovaFan16
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I know, We should just be happy it was such a close and high quality match between this two megastars of tennis. :D

Exactly! People keep asking what women's tennis needs. This is it! The two best females in the game both on and off the court going at it. Not as enemies, not as a bitter rivalry, but as respected opponents on each side of the net.

s_j
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Well it's nice to know 3 Maria/Serena fans can get on! :lol: Well done guys. You've shown true character and maturity.

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah it's great to see, I'd also like to congratulate Denise4925 and bandabou for being 2 of the best Serena fans I've found on here. It's good that some people can talk about a match constructively without resorting to name calling and player bashing. :yeah:

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
What do you mean? I just don't understand the point of replying if you have something that pointless to say. I am not a Serena fan, nor a Sharapova fan - so i'm not denying or implying anything. Of course Serena won - that is blatantly obvious to everybody on this board. But I'm not sure that it will remain so in 10 years time.

What if a scientist from Liechtenstein develops a time machine? Then Maria, after discovering a super-growth hormone in the future that is undetectable to drug tests, uses the machine to go back to yesterday and defeat Serena?

Note sarcasm.

Err, but u replied anyway, didn't u? I guess my reply wasn't pointless after all!! Dude, can u comprehend anything? Did u say it was obvious to everyone Serena won the match yesterday?

Wow, if it was that obvious (which is correct & with almost everyone knowing for fact Serena won convincingly), then what is the essence in you bringing up some asinine argument by implying Pova played better and could have won; when it was clear the match was never on her racket to win?

Yes, pova sure put up a fight as she should; the indisputable fact remains her effort wasn't enough to sway the match in her favor. That's the story line as it went down.

Just as u think pova didn't play at her best, same goes for Serena. Had Serena played at a much higher level, I wonder what would have become of Maria. A fit, focused and in form Serena is too much a formidable opponent to any player on the women's tour. That said, if both played at their best form, Maria would still go dowm regardless. I don't go by hype; I go by what transpires on the tennis court.

Like I said before, pova lost & Serena won. Deal with it; and if u can't, I don't give a flying F**K!!

SharapovaFan16
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Err, but u replied anyway, didn't u? I guess my reply wasn't pointless after all!! Dude, can u comprehend anything? Did u say it was obvious to everyone Serena won the match yesterday?

Wow, if it was that obvious (which is correct & with almost everyone knowing for fact Serena won convincingly), then what is the essence in you bringing up some asinine argument by implying Pova played better and could have won; when it was clear the match was never on her racket to win?

Yes, pova sure put up a fight as she should; the indisputable fact remains her effort wasn't enough to sway the match in her favor. That's the story line as it went down.

Just as u think pova didn't play at her best, same goes for Serena. Had Serena played at a much higher level, I wonder what would have become of Maria. A fit, focused and in form Serena is too much a formidable opponent to any player on the women's tour. That said, if both played at their best form, Maria would still go dowm regardless. I don't go by hype; I go by what transpires on the tennis court.

Like I said before, pova lost & Serena won. Deal with it; and if u can't, I don't give a flying F**K!!

Just so you know you make absolutely no sense and everyone on this forum is laughing at you. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another joke of a member on WTAWorl. :wavey: That's me waving bye bye to your credibility just like the majority of the members here. I'll give you one more for good measure. :wavey:

PS Serena didn't win in convincing fashion. You are the only tennis fan on earth who believes that. Stay on your planet, we don't need weirdos like you.

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Just so you know you make absolutely no sense and everyone on this forum is laughing at you. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another joke of a member on WTAWorl. :wavey: That's me waving bye bye to your credibility just like the majority of the members here. I'll give you one more for good measure. :wavey:

PS Serena didn't win in convincing fashion. You are the only tennis fan on earth who believes that. Stay on your planet, we don't need weirdos like you.

Sore loser...... enjoy your loss!!

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:51 AM

Thank you so much. I just don't know what to say back to something like that :tape:

WTAWorld needs to implement a mental intelligence test before users are allowed to join to eradicate this breed of :silly: users. Might help on cutting down those database errors aswell :lol:

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Sore loser...... enjoy your loss!!

You are a sad, strange, little human being.

I use the term 'human being' very loosely.

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Thank you so much. I just don't know what to say back to something like that :tape:

WTAWorld needs to implement a mental intelligence test before users are allowed to join to eradicate this breed of :silly: users. Might help on cutting down those database errors aswell :lol:

Oh, cry me a river......

Wizzy Maryfan
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Hope you xrite the same type of message to Sharapova when she played against Anna-Lena Groenefeld in Moscow ;)

Anyway, there are lots of idiots, not only Serena fans, not only against Sharapova ...
Be clever enought to get through.

Personnaly, i'm happy serena won, but Masha is one of my favorite player too :bounce:
And i really don't care about what people here can say or thing about my favorites.
Don't be mad, don't play their game ... or you'll be part of them so soon.

Mina Vagante
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Well it's nice to know 3 Maria/Serena fans can get on! :lol: Well done guys. You've shown true character and maturity.

Yeah it's great to see, I'd also like to congratulate Denise4925 and bandabou for being 2 of the best Serena fans I've found on here. It's good that some people can talk about a match constructively without resorting to name calling and player bashing. :yeah:

:lol: We must stick together and make WTAworld a nice place to be. :)

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:02 AM
You are a sad, strange, little human being.

I use the term 'human being' very loosely.

Name calling is the only option u can resort to having failed to profer logical and intelligent response. I can deal with that. Now wimp, go back to your hole!!

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Name calling is the only option u can resort to having failed to profer logical and intelligent response. I can deal with that. Now wimp, go back to your hole!!

Every post you have left in this thread has made completely no sense, ask any other person here on WTAworld and they will tell you I'm sure. I don't know what else to say to let you know that you and your unintelligent responses have no reason. They are simply a waste of your time, and this websites space.

Learn some new words, watch some tennis and open up your mind the slightest bit and you may get a little bit of respect on this board, and people may want to hear from you.

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Every post you have left in this thread has made completely no sense, ask any other person here on WTAworld and they will tell you I'm sure. I don't know what else to say to let you know that you and your unintelligent responses have no reason. They are simply a waste of your time, and this websites space.

Learn some new words, watch some tennis and open up your mind the slightest bit and you may get a little bit of respect on this board, and people may want to hear from you.

Whatever..... Like I came here to earn your unsolicited respect, right? Your stupidity has no limit. Ppl like You do not have any standing to validate anyone. I mean, going by the stuff you posted in this thread, I wonder what moral authority you stand on.

Really, wonders will never end!!

You may want to take a cue from this:

"I am Envy. I cannot read and therefore wish all books burned."
-Christopher Marlowe

"Some people have a gift for stupidity, an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic"
-David Gemmell

Golovinjured.
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Whatever..... Like I came here to earn your unsolicited respect, right? Your stupidity has no limit. Ppl like You do not have any standing to validate anyone. I mean, going by the stuff you posted in this thread, I wonder what moral authority you stand on.

Really, wonders will never end!!

You may want to take a cue from this:

"I am Envy. I cannot read and therefore wish all books burned."
-Christopher Marlowe

"Some people have a gift for stupidity, an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic"
-David Gemmell

They are some intelligent quotes. I like the first, the second not so much, it almost pinpoints you to a tee. I'll set you to ignore now, I really don't think I can read another of your inferior posts, let alone feel obligated to reply to one.

acetoace
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
They are some intelligent quotes. I like the first, the second not so much, it almost pinpoints you to a tee. I'll set you to ignore now, I really don't think I can read another of your inferior posts, let alone feel obligated to reply to one.

Fool, contrary to your boast, u just replied to it again!! Of course, NOT LIKE U HAVE ANY SENSE TO MAKE. Didn't u figure u could bully anyone on this board? 'Guess u ran into the wrong one, didn't ya?

Il Primo!
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Who are you to judge who is a Serena's fan or not? Are you related to Serena by any way, does something make you believe you're legitimate to estimate who is fan of whom on this board?:)

You're dumber by the second. Just stop your hot mess-ish trick, you're NOT the business. You're the kind of fan who make people dislike Reeree.

Seriously, just put your ass down somewhere, you're a mess.

OK, the timing is not perfect, but the OP is sort of right. And no need to bash him, he's one of the most respectful out there and never starts any fuss or drama. :rolleyes:

jfaithfully
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM
In all honesty the match was topsy tervy, Sharavpoa had chances to win the first set, Serena was out played in the 2nd set, too many errors not playing the right shots at the right time, forcing her play so there for Sharapova up her game and took all the unforced errors that Serena was giving her, that is the nature of the gamethe 3rd set, M.Joyce came on and that did not do sharapova any favours because she couldn't turn his advice inton attacking play.
Sharapova, who won only nine of 35 points in a final set during which Williams made only one unforced error, lost to the American for the fifth time in seven career matches. Williams, seeded fifth, blasted 11 aces and successfully landed 65 percent of her first serves during the two-hour, 30-minute affair to set up a clash with France's unseeded Alize Cornet who upset 10th seed Agnes Szavay of Hungary.

kwilliams
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:31 PM

I kinda have to agree with this. I know it's not fun to have your favourite bashed but there are a couple of these threads (asking for reason) knocking about now and you don't see that when Serena is being torn to shreds. A lot of people talk crap, just ignore it. YOU know and believe how good Sharapova is so who cares what the haters think? Unfortunately they will always be around.

Read what the Serena fans have to say not the Sharapova haters masquerading as Serena, Venus or Ivanovic (etc.) fans.

The same goes for when Sharapova wins, don't listen to the Henin, Jankovic or Kuznetsova (etc.) haters. Just pay attention to the Sharapova fans.

Some posters are all about backing their player and some just piggyback players for the opportunity to lash out at another player.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:33 PM
because it seems that SErena's the only one who's winning lately.;)

oh excellent point...:devil:

Aaron.
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Seriously last year Justards were MOST ANNOYING OF ALL now where are they? Serena is doing good this year and some fans get called bad winners I love how this forum works

Anyways my point is no one made a thread about Bad Winners last year when Justine idiots where all over the place

Slutiana
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Get over it. Some people are idiots no matter where you go. If you have a life outside of WTAWorld, I don't see the reason why you can't get over it. Just look at the Masha fans when she won the AO. Or the Justine fans when she beat both Williamses. Some people are just like that. That's life.

Oh and this is an attack on Serena fans. :o

P.s. And as long as people don't start insulting players saying 'Maria is some stupid little white girl' or 'Serena is a fat monkey' then I don't see the need to make a thread about it.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:03 PM
its like when maria won two matches in AI and was hailed as the next coming of Graf by goldenlox LOL...goldenlox posts some ridiculous things when maria or any russian wins and takes away from everything serena accomplishes....some other posers (not a type i mean posers) are that way...i like mightymashafan and have nothing against him(her) but this sort of thing went on last year when jh beat serena in the GS especially when she beat serena and venus...and then don't forget all the retirement threads for venus...and all the fat jokes about serena...and less we forget the Golden Slam thread after masha won the AO...the timing could be better on this thread but if you check an identical thread was made when serena beat jh in miami telling rena fans to cool down...i want to see these sort of cool down threads when some in their fan group are doing the same after a big win...we will see how it goes after Berlin-Rome-RG

SharapovaFan16
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
its like when maria won two matches in AI and was hailed as the next coming of Graf by goldenlox LOL...goldenlox posts some ridiculous things when maria or any russian wins and takes away from everything serena accomplishes....some other posers (not a type i mean posers) are that way...i like mightymashafan and have nothing against him(her) but this sort of thing went on last year when jh beat serena in the GS especially when she beat serena and venus...and then don't forget all the retirement threads for venus...and all the fat jokes about serena...and less we forget the Golden Slam thread after masha won the AO...the timing could be better on this thread but if you check an identical thread was made when serena beat jh in miami telling rena fans to cool down...i want to see these sort of cool down threads when some in their fan group are doing the same after a big win...we will see how it goes after Berlin-Rome-RG

Paragraphs please.

OsloErik
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:55 AM

I think that makes HIM the bad loser, not the player. Just a critique.

OsloErik
Apr 21st, 2008, 09:56 AM
Seriously last year Justards were MOST ANNOYING OF ALL now where are they? Serena is doing good this year and some fans get called bad winners I love how this forum works

Anyways my point is no one made a thread about Bad Winners last year when Justine idiots where all over the place

Good call, the victory laps about her US Open Serena-Venus back-to-back lasted until roughly the quarterfinals of the Australian Open. This thread is either unnecessary or ill-timed.

fawnrc
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM

Never better advice, this is what I do. And don't visit GM for a few days if the one you "love to hate" wins.

fawnrc
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Good call, the victory laps about her US Open Serena-Venus back-to-back lasted until roughly the quarterfinals of the Australian Open. This thread is either unnecessary or ill-timed.

OMG, it lasted till the q-finals of the AO. That tells you just how long I stayed away.

fawnrc
Apr 21st, 2008, 12:48 PM

OMG. Now this is funny.:lol: