PDA

View Full Version : Transcript for the on-court exchange between Masha and Michael

beriadan
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I'm sad that Maria got beaten, but did you guys notice when Michael came on court to talk to Maria, he said, "You have to believe that you can beat this b---girl". And then laughed about his near slip up. It's kind of tacky when he knows he's being miked.

dearplastic
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:02 PM
It's just tennis talk. Serena does it too. Most of the players think it, if they aren't saying it.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Here's the first exchanged between Michael and Masha:

Michael: ...(missed the first part) You keep serving to the same place every time. She's not an idiot, but you've got to believe. Two things, on this side here look (pointing to the court,) your toss is going way up front all the time.

Masha: You can see that from way up there?

Michael: Yes!

Masha: Really?

Michael: Well, that's why you're missing the serve all the time, it's going too far in front. And second of all you, I mean the girl got completely lucky. You served a good game at 5-4, she got lucky and you're acting like, she's calm as can be, and you're acting like you're a maniac. You're trying to stay focused, but your mind, you've got to believe that you can beat her and hang tough and quit worrying about what she's doing all the time. You've got to worry about your side of the court and that's it.

----------------
Transcript from the second on-court exchange between Michael Joyce and Masha:

Michael: Your whole attitude changed.

Masha: Well, because at 40-Love I couldn't put a serve in.

Michael: So you're going to let it bother you for two games? Listen, I'm just telling you one thing, you've got to take care of your side of the court, that's it. You do your stuff and hang tough. You stay mentally tough, you never let anything bother you, you never get frustrated, and that's it. And you keep going up to you serve like you did this last game. She's going to hit great returns, big deal, let her hit it. Don't worry, you're going to hit great returns too. Ok?

Masha: OK

Michael: You just be tough and that's it and you got to believe you're going to beat this b-uhh girl. OK?

Mahsa: (laughter)

Michael: (laughter) I almost slipped up there, huh?

Masha: (laughter)

MisterMan
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:05 PM
He then said "i almost slipped up" and Maria laughed - showing us the lovely view of the chewed banana in her mouth.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I'll try to get the transcript from their first exchange too...

LeRoy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
The "BITCH" trampled the "COW". Go figure !! :awww:

doni1212
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for that again. Michael was scared as hell because he knew Ree was going to win that match, :lol:

spiritedenergy
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:08 PM
He then said "i almost slipped up" and Maria laughed - showing us the lovely view of the chewed banana in her mouth.

:tape: What a lovely couple these two:help:

bellascarlett
:lol: I loved Maria's reaction...

Destiny
:haha: At nearly calling her a bitch

:fiery:

Elwin.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:09 PM
:lol:

LightWarrior
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:10 PM
That's it? What a great tactician he is.

lympyisthebest
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Serena had the last laugh at the end of this match.

In The Zone
I'd rather be a bitch than a loser.

P3
That's unacceptable behavior, especially knowing that you have the mic on you.

Lolo8
No he almost called her a N*gg*R. He should be ashamed of himself disrespecting a person like Serena. He looked like fool and a jerk out there talking all the trash. It still didn't work. Serena didn't need a coach to come out and tell her what to do. What a chump.:o

Mina Vagante
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
He knows nothing :o

scoobsuk
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Wow I'm shocked cos I thought Michael Joyce was a saint and all the players grew up in convents.

spiritedenergy
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:14 PM

exactly... what the hell is he telling her? She's not 2 years old :tape:

Serenidad.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Serena hit her shots like Joyce said. Sadly, for Anotherova it WAS a big deal and she got her ass back on a plane to Florida.

Bijoux0021
Yeah, I heard when Michael almost called Serena a "bitch."

young_gunner913
No he almost called her a N*gg*R. He should be ashamed of himself disrespecting a person like Serena. He looked like fool and a jerk out there talking all the trash. It still didn't work. Serena didn't need a coach to come out and tell her what to do. What a chump.:o

No he did not. I don't like that guy at all, I think he's a complete idiot but the first letter was definently a B not an N.

ghost world
Well, Serena is the HBIC...........:devil:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:16 PM
She shouldn't have laughed.
She should have been thinking this bitch is not going to beat me on the day before my b-day (in part of the world).

Because when Serena is focused, she thinks all her opponents are bitches.
They're in the way of her titles. :lol:

Sharapova better man up.

justine schnyder
:tape:

homogenius
Serena does that all the time.Not a big deal.

Bijoux0021
EXACTLY!

2moretogo
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:17 PM

:lol: That's why he's her "hitting partner" and not her "coach." Or was the changed after AO, after the Yuri debacle?

frenchie
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Well Serena had the last word!!

She can call Serena a bitch but the fact is
Maria is Serena's bitch!!!

DOUBLEFIST
To me, though, the near slip is a non-issue. It's the heat of battle!

I know I've called opponents in every sport out of their name at one time or another. It's the passion. Joyce (who I think is an idiot) doesn't have to be polite to Serena or even respect her. He gets paid to be a biased, partisan hater! :lol: That's what his charge needs. Hell, it would seem that Joyce thinks Maria is respectin' Serena far too much as it is.

Anyway, I heard and it was a non-issue to me.

Wannabeknowitall

This is oddly my theory on Hillary. :lol:

pigam
I hope (some) serena fans will not make a big deal out of this...

Serena has a little history of "bitch calling" herself... ;)

Lolo8
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I don't care what he called her. This asshole had no right to disrespect Serena in the manner that he did. Serena isn't just some girl off the street. I guess he thought all his mindless ranting would break Serena. Serena out coached this clown.

bellascarlett
Some seem to not live in reality. Are people really that clueless? This is sport. And, Serena has actually said bitch on court. Geez.

The Daviator
And then the bitch handed her a breadstick :lol: :lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:21 PM

Matter of fact she did it today. Hell, Serena calls her own SISTER a bitch in the heat of battle.

pigam
besides, maybe he wanted to say "beautiful lady"...
any other suggestions?
I mean, a lot of words start with the letter "b", right?

Tennisstar86
No he did not. I don't like that guy at all, I think he's a complete idiot but the first letter was definently a B not an N.

yeah he def started to say B... but yeah hes an idiot she needs a new coach... He couneded like he had no idea what he was gonna tell her when he was talkin to her.... studdering and such... some of the worse on court coaching ive seen so far....

young_gunner913
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I don't care what he called her. This asshole had no right to disrespect Serena in the manner that he did. Serena isn't just some girl off the street. I guess he thought all his mindless ranting would break Serena. Serena out coached this clown.

He was just trying to pump Maria up so she wont fire him after she lost. :lol:

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:22 PM
i want to see the clip!!!:hearts: :spit:

2moretogo
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM

I think everyone is taking a tongue and cheek attitude about it, no one is calling for Micheal Joyce to be fined or anything.

Rocketta
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I just wonder why he agrees to be mic'ed ? he doesn't say anything? :lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Hell, if I was Maria's coach, I'd be callin' Serena a bitch too! :lol: I probably would have been too stupid to not cut myself off! :haha:

Black Mamba.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
This guy Lol

nhissan
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM

call down

and by he way everyone deserves respect even "some girl off the street" keep this in mind

Black Mamba.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I just wonder why he agrees to be mic'ed ? he doesn't say anything? :lol:

Mics and Pro Sports don't work. I remember when the NBA forced players to wear mics they had to filter out all the negative stuff before they aired it.

Rocketta
and I don't think most rational people think anything of it or that maria is somehow responsible? :scratch:

It was funny! All I thought was, Dag if he had let that slip it would've been hell on WTAWorld. :haha:

selesbooz

Pot. met Kettle. So going down to his level is going to make him look bad:confused:

2moretogo
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Lolo8, simmer down this was not that serious. (lmao)

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I updated it and added the first exchange as well...

Slutiana
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM
It's too late to be thinking about slip-ups. Doesn't "Psycho" and "Jack Rabbit" ring a bell? :p

Direwolf
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
did Serena call a coach?

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
BTW, I totally agree that it's soooo not a big deal- even if he had full out called her a bitch without catching himself it still wouldn't have been a big deal. It's just funny as hell and really interesting to hear- I love on court coaching.

In the first exchange (which I added,) I think Michael actually said too much. He revealed way too much about Masha's mental instability. You've got to keep things like that private cuz if an opponent knows for sure that they've got you mentally then it only makes that mental hold harder to break.

Mikey B
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:36 PM
That's unacceptable behavior, especially knowing that you have the mic on you.

i think its unacceptable that the exchanges are listened to in the first place... get rid of the whole coaches on court thing i say!!

but funny exchange non the less..

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM
and the worst part is Maria had the nerves too laugh about that instead of showing him some class :help:
what a great teammate :o

harloo
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:44 PM
What do you expect? The guy's advice to Maria was pointless, he kept telling her to watch the ball toss which just confused her even more. If Richard Williams did some shit like this the whole tennis world would halt. I understand these little comments from players especially in the heat of the battle but coaches should just do their job and coach the players. In my opinion his tone didn't help Maria, he wasn't positive at all. He nearly ripped her apart every time he got a chance. She was playing well besides the few problems with the toss. What was his purpose?:rolleyes:

acetoace
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
People, don't be mad at what the clueles coach said about Serena. Sad to see that name calling is the only option he had to resort to when his player ran out of ideas on how to compete with the best player on tour.

matty
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Gosh after hearing this, I see that maria is just as vulnerable as anyone. But probably just when she's playing Serena, because she hasn't beaten her for quite some time.

mapaliey
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
serena...u rocks....take the title....

Cp6uja
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit

Michael:You keep Serving to the same place every time. She's not an idiot, but you've got to
believe. Two things, on this side here look (pointing to the court,) your toss is going way up front all the time.

I can't belive that nobody here not read between the lines!?
This is my biggest disappointment in WTAW ever!

Destiny
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:50 PM
BTW, I totally agree that it's soooo not a big deal- even if he had full out called her a bitch without catching himself it still wouldn't have been a big deal. It's just funny as hell and really interesting to hear- I love on court coaching.

In the first exchange (which I added,) I think Michael actually said too much. He revealed way too much about Masha's mental instability. You've got to keep things like that private cuz if an opponent knows for sure that they've got you mentally then it only makes that mental hold harder to break.

:worship::worship::worship::)

bandabou
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Oh...and then right after that last talk, Maria wins just ONE more game and just 9 points total?! Thanks Michael! :lol:

doni1212
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I can't belive that nobody here not read between the lines!? This is my biggest disappointment in WTAW ever!

matty
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Hopefully someone will put this on youtube!

dearplastic
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:54 PM

Michael:You keep Serving to the same place every time. She's not an idiot, but you've got to
believe. Two things, on this side here look (pointing to the court,) your toss is going way up front all the time.

I can't belive that nobody here not read between the lines!?
This is my biggest disappointment in WTAW ever!

:lol: Excellent decoding.

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM

:haha:

Jasmin
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Well I guess it takes one...

Anyway I'm sure that's what they call Serena all the time and more. Pathetic.

When Serena is off there's a competition going on but when she's on it's over and having belief is all it is if the other person is just a better player.

Bijoux0021
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:04 PM
It's interesting that the WTA's CEO, Larry Scott, decided to have the on-court-coaching rule put in place so that their "IT" girl, Maria Sharapova and her coaches, can legally cheat during matches.

They were already cheating on court regardless of the illegal coaching rule, so he decided why not make on-court-coaching legal in order to give Sharapova in advantage? :o

Optima
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I find it funny the Williams fans are hating on Michael for almost calling Serena a bitch. When Serena does it to Justine it's fine, but when it's thrown back, chaos is thrown around and it's all HAFHDAHUAAHHHGUAHHHBITCH!

Bijoux0021
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:10 PM
People, don't be mad at what the clueles coach said about Serena. Sad to see that name calling is the only option he had to resort to when his player ran out of ideas on how to compete with the best player on tour.
:worship::worship:

Jasmin
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I'm sure Justine has called Serena and Venus a bitch.

Mina Vagante
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Serena is sooooo in Maria's head :p

jfaithfully
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:17 PM
If Serena gets wind of almost being called a btch by camp Maria, you will see Serena own Sharapova and give her the same stares she gave Maria when she whooped her 6-1 6-1 at miami and 6-1, 6-2 at Aus Open, Maria dont know whats coming

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I find it funny the Williams fans are hating on Michael for almost calling Serena a bitch. When Serena does it to Justine it's fine, but when it's thrown back, chaos is thrown around and it's all HAFHDAHUAAHHHGUAHHHBITCH!
Sure, a couple of people had problems with it, but by a large majority the Serena fans have said it's no big deal. Why don't U go back and actually read the thread before you make such comments. Most Serena fans, like myself, think it's funny- nothing more, nothing less

Masha fans should be the ones distressed from this interview. It was very revealing in a bad way, with regards to mental issues Masha apparently has with Serena.

Michael didn't put his foot in his mouth almost calling Serena a bitch, he did it by letting the world know Maria isn't as mentally solid as we used to think. :tape:

Dawn Marie
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Nice match. Serena is just a great playe and came through in the clutch. Her natural born athletic skills helped her in the match. She is born with it. Her shotmaking was beautiful and she worked the entire court.

I love it when Serena and Venus beat the "IT" girl. It made my day.:)

Derek.
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM
He would. :o

harloo
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:29 PM
If Serena gets wind of almost being called a btch by camp Maria, you will see Serena own Sharapova and give her the same stares she gave Maria when she whooped her 6-1 6-1 at miami and 6-1, 6-2 at Aus Open, Maria dont know whats coming

:haha::haha:I hope she hears about it.:lol:

Bijoux0021
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Good point! I thought of the same thing. Maria better pray that Serena doesn't know about this, because that's when Serena is most dangerous at destroying and embarrassing her opponents.

kwilliams
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:33 PM
He's lucky Serena didn't hear him!

goldlion
Serena even calls her opponents 'bitch' during the Australian Open this year.

And SHE WAS FINED BECAUSE OF SAYING FOUL LANGUAGE.

What about that? So Serena has the right to call others bitches while she doesn't deserve to be called so?

Get your feet on the earth.

This is the coaching and not supposed to be heard or watched.

I don't like this rule at all cos it weakens players' independence.

Jasmin
I truly hope Serena hears about it.

Savior
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Holy crap. Settle down. Everybody's clutching their pearls over nothing just because they want to be OUTRAGED!! about something.

God forbid any of you guys who are all fired up about this ever hear what a basketball or football coach says to his/hear team during halftime. You'd have a friggin' coronary. It's just how a coach fires up his player. Happens in every sport.

Mrs. Peel
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:36 PM
The coaching and mic bullshit needs to stop. Its useless. We all know now that Maria is intimidated by Serena :p As if she wanted the world to know that! Thanks, coach :rolleyes:

Mrs. Peel
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Oh, Serena will find out :lol: and Serena won't forget!

Bounty Hunter
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:40 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

harloo
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Serena even calls her opponents 'bitch' during the Australian Open this year.

And SHE WAS FINED BECAUSE OF SAYING FOUL LANGUAGE.

What about that? So Serena has the right to call others bitches while she doesn't deserve to be called so?

Get your feet on the earth.

This is the coaching and not supposed to be heard or watched.

I don't like this rule at all cos it weakens players' independence.

I don't have a problem with players cursing or screaming in the heat of the moment because it makes for good matches. However, I have a problem when ANY coach nearly calls someone a bitch during an on court coaching session. I wouldn't co-sign that regardless of what coach did it either. I don't necessarily have a problem with Maria because she didn't do anything but laugh. ;)

Bounty Hunter
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:41 PM

I know. I thought the same thing. :help:

frenchie
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:44 PM
We need a video

2moretogo
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Sure, a couple of people had problems with it, but by a large majority the Serena fans have said it's no big deal. Why don't U go back and actually read the thread before you make such comments. Most Serena fans, like myself, think it's funny- nothing more, nothing less

Masha fans should be the ones distressed from this interview. It was very revealing in a bad way, with regards to mental issues Masha apparently has with Serena.

Michael didn't put his foot in his mouth almost calling Serena a bitch, he did it by letting the world know Maria isn't as mentally solid as we used to think. :tape:

Exactly. :kiss:

Bounty Hunter
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Michael: Well, that's why you're missing the serve all the time, it's going too far in front. And second of all you, I mean the girl got completely lucky. You served a good game at 5-4, she got lucky and you're acting like, she's calm as can be, and you're acting like you're a maniac. You're trying to stay focused, but your mind, you've got to believe that you can beat her and hang tough and quit worrying about what she's doing all the time. You've got to worry about your side of the court and that's it.

:eek::eek: He sure revealed a lot ... :help:

Maria should fire him ... :lol::lol: He's no help ............

Stamp Paid
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM
lmao he belongs on the Obama campaign. "Believe! Hope! Faith!"

TomTennis
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Serena def. Micheal Joyce 7-5 4-6 6-1 :worship: :worship:

jfaithfully
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I don't mind that he almost called her a btch but i just think you shouldn't get court doing it on national TV i'm sure a lot of camps call players names but don't let them find out that what you call them. It is tacky, you should let your tennis do the name calling not your mouth.

Coaching is fine if you are sure of your game and can take instruction well, bascially Maria could not turn the instructions give to her into a winning formula instead she tried too hard by forcing the play and got whooped.

Bounty Hunter
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Serena def. Micheal Joyce 7-5 4-6 6-1 :worship: :worship:

:lol::lol::lol:

pov
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:10 PM
You know, saying "bitch" can come from a lot of different motivations. If it was men's tennis he would have almost said "m--therf**cker" It's common slang, not that big a deal - except to those who want to make something out of everything.

ImaVeggie
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Michael Joyce did not utter one single syllable after "You can beat this". He stopped himself before one other sound was said.

I taped it on my DVR and listened with the volume all the way up and heard nothing. I am not trying to defend him, simply defending the truth. He probably was going to say bitch.

I will try to get it up on YouTube. I have a hard time with this in the past. Anyone have any tips? I have a Mac. DVR to DVD then rip to my computer.

Denise4925
:lol: I loved Maria's reaction...

You would. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Serena had the last laugh at the end of this match.

True that!

pov
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM
lmao he belongs on the Obama campaign. "Believe! Hope! Faith!"

That's quite a compliment. A great place to be. Serena Williams has some good quotes on those qualities.

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Well Serena had the last word!!

She can call Serena a bitch but the fact is
Maria is Serena's bitch!!!

:spit: :lol: :worship::worship::worship:

jacobruiz
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Michael Joyce did not utter one single syllable after "You can beat this". He stopped himself before one other sound was said.

I taped it on my DVR and listened with the volume all the way up and heard nothing. I am not trying to defend him, simply defending the truth. He probably was going to say bitch.

I will try to get it up on YouTube. I have a hard time with this in the past. Anyone have any tips? I have a Mac. DVR to DVD then rip to my computer.

That's how I heard it, too. But why let the truth get in the way ?:shrug:

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Some seem to not live in reality. Are people really that clueless? This is sport. And, Serena has actually said bitch on court. Geez.

Well, maybe Maria should have called her a bitch herself on court... on second thought, that probably would have been worse for her. :lol:

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM

If you tapped it then you also heard him say, "I almost slipped there"- so of course he almost called her a bitch... duh! If you're not sure he almost called her a bitch then what do you think he meant by saying he almost slipped up?

Like I said, it's no big deal and quite hilarious, but don't try to tell us he didn't almost say what he basically admits to almost saying.

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:21 PM
any other suggestions?

Maybe he was about to say "better player". :shrug: :p

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Hell, if I was Maria's coach, I'd be callin' Serena a bitch too! :lol: I probably would have been too stupid to not cut myself off! :haha:

Me too. :haha: It's obvious though, it ain't the first time they used "bitch" as a reference for Serena. :lol: I don't blame them though, after the last four matches.:tape:

frenchie
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:25 PM

:lol::lol::worship:

Jasmin
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:26 PM
It's obvious though, it ain't the first time they used "bitch" as a reference for Serena

Yeah that's pretty obvious and I'm sure others have. I'm sure they have called Serena worst.

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:26 PM

Yeah, I agree. That revealed a lot about Maria's mental state on court. Especially when she's getting beaten. And, it revealed that she's a tad intimidated by Serena.

ETA: The commentators even said that he talked to her like she was a little girl, letting her have it each time.

starin
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:27 PM
any other suggestions?

:lol: I'm sure he meant beautiful black nubian warrior princes Serena Monroe Williams.

but anyhoo it's not a big deal like people have said Serena calls other players b*tch on court too....including big sis Venus

And the way it's worded makes it sound like not a personal insult to Serena but just like lets "beat this b*tch" and go home like a general insult against whoever your opponent might be to pump yourself up. I do it all the time. a constant stream of profanities when I'm losing or if I hit a good shot and i don't swear in my day to day life.

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:30 PM

That's right, b uh girl!! :p

ImaVeggie
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM
If you tapped it then you also heard him say, "I almost slipped there"- so of course he almost called her a bitch... duh! If you're not sure he almost called her a bitch then what do you think he meant by saying he almost slipped up?

Like I said, it's no big deal and quite hilarious, but don't try to tell us he didn't almost say what he basically admits to almost saying.

I wrote that he probably was going to say bitch. My point was that he did not utter "b" before he stopped himself.

Denise4925
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Here they go pissin' on our leg and telling us it's raining. :lol:

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:41 PM
jacobruiz I think I found that "truth" you were in search of. Remember, the truth shall set you free.

There honestly shouldn't be any bitterness. I really do think both players played their hearts out and ended up bringing the best out of one another. Michael was just trying to pump Masha up and keep her believing in herself and her game. I agree with the person who said it was all in the heat of the moment.

Trust me, Serena fans aren't tripping on this- right now we're still on a natural high. But let's be real, if he's going to say the things he's said, then you know without question and with no doubts, we're going to all talk about it. It adds to the drama of their rivalry.

Imagine the reaction of Richard saying that to Serena! To this day we're still talking about him calling Spirlea a Tall White Turkey... :lol: If Richard said the same exact thing to Serena there would be a good 15 threads on it- and the media would have also picked up on it as well.

jacobruiz
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Maybe he was going to say "fatass", for example. Why "bitch" necessarily?

Kunal
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:55 PM
woah...nothin inspiring there whatsoever

ImaVeggie
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I uploaded it to YouTube. Volume needs to be way up; video quality sucks.

7AbHORt-_N4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbHORt-_N4

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Maybe he's gonna say : you can beat this guy:lol::lol:no seriously he didn't say bitch, you hear what you want to hear:rolleyes:

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:18 AM
We all know for a fact he did not say BITCH... he paused, collected himself and then said girl. Who's arguing that he didn't say girl, NO ONE!!!!!

He then went on to say, "I almost slipped". So it's pretty obvious what he was going to say- but hey, think what you want to think, but ask yourself if it was going to be something innocent why would he say, "I almost slipped"????

Thanks for posting that, btw!

vettipooh
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:32 AM
:lol: It's all good! Michael Joyce is :tape: He should know Serena is going to hear about this and he's just given her more reason to kick Maria's ass the next time they meet.

Russianboy
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:42 AM

maria won more than serena this year

ImaVeggie
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:42 AM
We all know for a fact he did not say BITCH... he paused, collected himself and then said girl. Who's arguing that he didn't say girl, NO ONE!!!!!

He then went on to say, "I almost slipped". So it's pretty obvious what he was going to say- but hey, think what you want to think, but ask yourself if it was going to be something innocent why would he say, "I almost slipped"????

Thanks for posting that, btw!

Some people were claiming that he said "b". My point in posting the video was to show that he didn't. Again, for the record, I think he was going to say bitch; he just didn't say "you can beat this b" and then stop.

mentos
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:47 AM
This is a non-issue.
But, alas, if your'e not talking about Serena, you're not talking!
The WTA better hope this...doesn't get distracted again or retire before a legitamate suitable heir arrives on the scene.

aussie_fan
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
one of the many reasons this stupid on-court coaching rule should be gotten rid of.

The Dawntreader
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Bet Serena is fuming, only Serena delivers the word bitch:eek:

She is so gonna kick extra ass in their next meeting:lol:

SharapovaFan16
Apr 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
On court coaching should be allowed. It adds an extra element to the game and adds to the quality of tennis. I think it is funny how some of you complain about the quality of tennis matches but are against coaching? It would only improve quality you dumb fucks!

By the way this whole bitch thing is overblown. Just the WTAWorld memebers looking for something to troll on yet again. Seriously what else is new?

roooobert
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM
hahahaha, that was really funny!:lol:

CR3WLFC
Apr 19th, 2008, 11:13 AM

what do you think that he is gonna unload tatics on her

SV_Fan
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:41 PM
INteresting

-VSR-
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Bitches rule! :cool:

Jakarta
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:13 PM
You can beat that Babushka

Sally Struthers
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:20 PM
eh.. big deal. Serena calls people bitch or "fucking bitch" all the time in her matches. Even Venus :lol:

Destiny
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Venus when don't remember hearing about that

Renalicious
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Here is the transcript for after the match...

MICHAEL AND MARIA: Ohhh nooo! We lost to the bitch. :sad:

SERENA, VENUS, RICHARD, ISHA, LYNDREA, ORACENE, YETUNDE FROM ABOVE: :devil:

Dodoboy.
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:30 PM
According to my sources Isha spat on Michael :tape:

MisterMan
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:13 PM
A few years back when Serena was almost pegged with ball, she said on court "that bitch tried to hit me?" Who was she playing ? I forget.

joćo.
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Michael: ... Two things, on this side here look (pointing to the court,) your toss is going way up front all the time.

Masha: You can see that from way up there?

Michael: Yes!

Masha: Really?

Cp6uja
Apr 19th, 2008, 07:51 PM
BOMBSHELL: Maria will fire her coach Michael Joyce because way how he speak about her rival Serena Williams yesterday in Charleston quarterfinal!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Transcript of Part of Michael statement about Serena which Maria not approve:
Michael Joyce yesterday about Serena:
...She's not an idiot...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:20 PM
one of the many reasons this stupid on-court coaching rule should be gotten rid of.

Agreed. I used to be a big fan of on court coaching, but after listening to some of the inane babble from the coaches, I think it does the PLAYERS a disservice.

Joyce made Maria look like an un-confident, weak willed child.

I say let the players figure it out. They'll be better for it.

Serenita
Apr 19th, 2008, 09:28 PM
A few years back when Serena was almost pegged with ball, she said on court "that bitch tried to hit me?" Who was she playing ? I forget.

Wasn't that at AO few years back, against a French woman?

homogenius
Apr 20th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Wasn't that at AO few years back, against a French woman?

It could be her first round against Loit (great match btw).

drake3781
Apr 20th, 2008, 04:54 AM
I still can't believe they allowed on court coaching, and now this... it is miked for TV broadcasting?!? :weirdo:

Brooklyn90
Apr 20th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Anyone have video?