PDA

View Full Version : Next time, Maria will send Serena Home

Vaidisova Ruled
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Just Saying

In The Zone
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Do you mean Maria will pay for Serena's plane ticket home in a final after Serena mauls her? If so, then yes.

If all other possibilities then no.

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Bitter much? :wavey: This could have been a post in a thread instead of having to make it a thread.

dearplastic
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:00 PM
It's okay, we all go through the various defense mechanisms when our faves lose.

Mikey.
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Well today was a big improvement from her last 2 encounters with Serena. So lets not say it is impossible that Maria will win next time. Maria did have her chances to get that 1st set and if she did it may have been a very different result. But today was Serena's day. Serena was the better player in the end. Maybe it will be Maria's next time... maybe it wont. Who knows :shrug:

Destiny
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:29 PM
No one knows :p

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
honey just don't give our little Nicky a bad name from your clueless prediction :)

Tennisstar86
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Is She gonna break Serena legs? If not then....i dont think so.....

Marco Fernandes
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
It was Maria's fault... She could have won that first set when she had a set point and she didn't take her chances... Serena only started to play good in the 3rd set... so don't start to say Serena owned Maria, etc, because if you have watched that match you can see it was Maria losing that match and not Serena winning it, if you understand what i mean...

Tennisstar86
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:36 PM
It was Maria's fault... She could have won that first set when she had a set point and she didn't take her chances... Serena only started to play good in the 3rd set... so don't start to say Serena owned Maria, etc, because if you have watched that match you can see it was Maria losing that match and not Serena winning it, if you understand what i mean...

WRONG.... lol ITs just like With Federer..... he can be troubled with someone. That person has their chances, he battles back finds his form and then bam the match is over before you know it (its what happened to Nadal last year at Wimbledon)

I mean Maria had her chances, but Serena clearly wasnt playing her best (as she showed in set three) This was an example of Serena has another gear that Sharapova just doesnt have....

Marco Fernandes
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:40 PM
WRONG.... lol ITs just like With Federer..... he can be troubled with someone. That person has their chances, he battles back finds his form and then bam the match is over before you know it (its what happened to Nadal last year at Wimbledon)

I mean Maria had her chances, but Serena clearly wasnt playing her best (as she showed in set three) This was an example of Serena has another gear that Sharapova just doesnt have....

:rolleyes:

In The Zone
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:46 PM
How exactly do you "take your chances" when your opponent serves a bullet as an ace on set point in the first?

Maria could have won the first but Serena came up with the goods. Nothing Maria could have done.

tennnisfannn
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Well today was a big improvement from her last 2 encounters with Serena. So lets not say it is impossible that Maria will win next time. Maria did have her chances to get that 1st set and if she did it may have been a very different result. But today was Serena's day. Serena was the better player in the end. Maybe it will be Maria's next time... maybe it wont. Who knows :shrug:
Not necessarily, when champs lse the first set they fight tooth and nail for the second. Serena might have kicked in full gear for the second, this is not a foregone conclusion.

Tennisstar86
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM
How exactly do you "take your chances" when your opponent serves a bullet as an ace on set point in the first?

Maria could have won the first but Serena came up with the goods. Nothing Maria could have done.

exactly... Maria got the set point and Serena served 3 big bombs down the tee... 2 which were aces.. 1 Sharapova barely got her racquet on, Then Serena hit 4 straight penatrating returns... Sharapova had her chances, Serena just took the away...

Jasmin
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
:lol: I guess people have an impulse to make themselves feel better.

Really who knows. I don't really get prediction threads.

acetoace
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:52 PM

No, I do not understand what you mean. Fact is, the game was never on Maria's racket. it was on Serena's and she won as she should.

beriadan
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Okay, all this talk of Serena stepping it up in the third set is ridiculous, because clearly Maria choked. Anyways, even though I am a Maria fan, I think threads like these are ridiculous. Every time Serena beats Maria, it's the same old "next time Maria will blow Serena of the court", and guess what, it's kind of the other way around every they've met in the last three years.

die_wahrheit
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:25 PM
It was Maria's fault... She could have won that first set when she had a set point and she didn't take her chances...
She had no chance.
Williams wouldn't lose the 2nd set, if she had not won the first.
Sharapavoa had no chance and that's a good thing to know.

The Daviator
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM
It's okay, we all go through the various defense mechanisms when our faves lose.

Truth.

Okay, all this talk of Serena stepping it up in the third set is ridiculous, because clearly Maria choked. Anyways, even though I am a Maria fan, I think threads like these are ridiculous. Every time Serena beats Maria, it's the same old "next time Maria will blow Serena of the court", and guess what, it's kind of the other way around every they've met in the last three years.

You can't choke if you never get a lead :o

Olórin
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
The match has been on Serena's racquet 6 of the seven times they have played. :)

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
The match has been on Serena's racquet 6 of the seven times they have played. :)

But she lost twice, almost three times.:lol::lol:

Slutati
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM
There won't be a next time.Maria's too scared to play her again.

kwilliams
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
She would bloody want to, she hasn't beaten her since 2004 and has now lost four matches against her in a row. Every player has their achilles heal, Henin has Venus and Serena seems to be Sharapova's achilles heal. So yeah she might beat her next time but she might not.

frontier
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:50 PM
for four years Maria has failed to beat Serena and she claims to be young and still fresh she looked like an old woman out there today.Tennis is a mental game if you win more over a player you have a pychological advantage,and Serena has built a penthouse in Maria's head so much for the media counting all pova's wins....hyping her,today she came crushing down to earth.I dont see Maria beating Serena anytime soon:p

Douce
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Stop the madness!! Truth is Serena is the better player, sure Maria had her chances...same could be said of Serena, she had her chances that she missed. We could go back and forth about chances all day, but it means crap. Look at the amount of break chances Serena missed, same goes for Maria. Maria lost, so what move on and improve your game!! Game was never on Maria's racquet, commentators knew this and so did Maria..."Just believe in yourself". Off to Oz to see the Wiz with Justine, both of you girls need some courage/belief.

mykarma
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Do you mean Maria will pay for Serena's plane ticket home in a final after Serena mauls her? If so, then yes.

:haha:

Olórin
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:22 PM
But she lost twice, almost three times.:lol::lol:

Yeah she made like 50 UEs and still won :shrug: And lost the other time because she was injured and couldn't serve properly :shrug:

Mashafaaaaan
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah she made like 50 UEs and still won :shrug: And lost the other time because she was injured and couldn't serve properly :shrug:

Yeah, and during Wimbledon 2004 she was tired:lol::lol::lol:

pov
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:44 PM

First - all congrats to Serena Williams on a good win.

That said the above analysis is both strange and faulty. Someone could say "Sharapova clearly wasn't playing her best (as she showed in set 2)" Also, if one watched the match and analyzed the stats, it's clear that Sharapova dropped gears in the third set. After she lost serve in the first game, her serving became even more inconsistent and then she fell apart. Her UEs went way up.

Williams level of play was about the same as it was in the first set.
Williams won the match by remaining calm, focused and just playing her game.

Kunal
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:52 PM
hahaha.....anything that rocks ur boat.

Alex72
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:57 PM
If Maria is to win this encounter, the best shot is in two sets, and she was not far from putting herself in that position today. It`s difficult for anyone to deal with Serena`s monster serves for three long sets. It`s eventually going to take it`s toll.

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:15 AM
you're ridiculous. you wish :)

ewbangkok
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:40 AM
both maria and serena fan need peace lol

Russianboy
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:45 AM
She had no chance.
Williams wouldn't lose the 2nd set, if she had not won the first.
Sharapavoa had no chance and that's a good thing to know.

LMAO :lol:

u think too much wannabe pocahontas :wavey:

cnelson575
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:02 AM
You guys are not going to tell me that Sharapova does not have a higher gear than what she played today. Please. Neither one played there best. The 3rd set is usually about endurance, Serena has better endurance.

cnelson575
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:05 AM
Williams won and congrats to her, but Williams fans sour me when they act like she wiped the floor of Sharapova which she did not period. Especially when in the first 2 sets Maria was up both time 5-3 5-2. Serena was a great fighter when she was down and Maria did have some major chokes. I think Maria just was deflated and Serena took control.

tennistuff
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:11 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:21 AM
...if you have watched that match you can see it was Maria losing that match and not Serena winning it, if you understand what i mean...

:lol: Oh..., really? Well, I DO understand what you mean (though I don't agree), and next time you hear a Williams' fan say it, you'll do well to just nod your head.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:57 AM
so where is the "sore losers thread- this is not directed towards masha fans?"

homogenius
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Just Saying

Who's packing right now ? Just asking.

PatrickRyan
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:06 AM

:haha:

qc_aneres
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Not necessarily, when champs lse the first set they fight tooth and nail for the second. Serena might have kicked in full gear for the second, this is not a foregone conclusion.

:lol: i agree with u