PDA

View Full Version : Where have the Henin fans gone??

AcesHigh
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:09 PM
:confused: 6 months ago, Forehand_Volley or whatever his name was was posting an article a day, and they were just a more present force on this board, for better or worse. Can't really seem to find any lately.

Now, it's constantly Sharapova can't play on clay or ridiculous polls like "Who can slide better? Sharapova or Jackie Robinson?" or constant bickering between WS and Sharapova fans or Ivanovic fans and Ivanovic haters/detractors. It seems like things have completely changed or is it just me?

Tennisstar86
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:11 PM
spencer carlos sticks his head in ever now and then....

bwahahahahaha
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Down the toilet. Just like her career.

spiritedenergy
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Down the toilet. Just like her career.

ahahahhhh OMG:tape::help::lol::smash::haha:

I actually wanted to write this exact thread at the beginning of the AO. At that time Henin was still the best player around but you could sense that Sharapova was going to trash her. So the fans started disappearing... (except plantman that sometimes comes back and ninny that has millions of IDs).

I admit I miss them as they are probably the smartest fans around. All you have now is:

Williams fans: bombshell!!!111@@55$$$ Serena just flushed Isha down the toilet!!11144331!!!**

Sharapova fans: OMG Maria just beat the player ranked n.267 7-5 0-6 7-6 (15) in the Micky Mouse Island clay tournament!!! Like OMG Maria is on form and will win the FO!!!!:weirdo:

It's really depressing:tape::lol:

Tennisstar86
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:24 PM

I actually wanted to write this exact thread at the beginning of the AO. At that time Henin was still the best player around but you could sense that Sharapova was going to trash her. So the fans started disappearing... (except plantman that sometimes comes back and ninny that has millions of IDs).

I admit I miss them as they are probably the smartest fans around. All you have now is:

Williams fans: bombshell!!!111@@55$$$ Serena just flashed Isha down the toilet!!11144331!!!**

Sharapova fans: OMG Maria just beat the player ranked n.267 7-5 0-6 7-6 (15) in the Micky Mouse Island clay tournament!!! Like OMG Maria is on form and will win the FO!!!!:weirdo:

Not to mention Ivanovic fans and their ridiculous stats threads centered around Ana and the repeated post about Ana being the next coming of christ.....:rolleyes:

Matt01
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I'm here :lol:

AcesHigh
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Wow.. it's like a warzone here :lol: but the civil Henin fans are here which is good. It makes it A LOT easier to root for her :)

pov
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I think Henin is one of the best players around at the moment. If her hardcore fans only have an interest in tennis when she's playing then they're in the same boat as those fans of the Williams or Maria Sharapova who take it to the nth. Bear in mind that there are very cool fans of just about every player.

Optima
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I'm here. I'll always stick with Justine, through the good and bad times.

tennisbear7
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
They're lurking around, waiting to re-emerge late May when Justine hoists her 5th RG trophy.

P.S> I'm still here.

Conor
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Still here :wavey:

kwilliams
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:52 PM
If she's not playing a lot they probably don't have much to talk about. She has only played like four matches in the last 6 weeks.

Kworb
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I'm here, but there's not much to talk about when she's not playing or playing badly :o

Expat
its like asking where are the williams fans post US open
if shes playing her fans will be around too
its only the williams haters and bandwagoners who have disappeared
not the true justine fans i think

Dave.
They'll be back for the French Open, no doubt. But I do agree with you, things have changed in GM.

This part of the year is always a bit boring. We've had the exciting start in Australia and a few other moments in February/Match, but now I just want to get to the heart of the season (French Open-Wimbledon). That's when things really heat up. Well, for me anyway.

Serenidad.
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM
To be honest the criss-cross on the fence fans just became psuedo-Henin fans in 2007 partially to bash the players they hated.

While, Henin does have a true everlasting fanbase, I think her fan numbers were supplemented by anti-Serena fans that just rode a bandwagon. It's like when someone wins a lot of money.. lot of friends around they come out of nowhere. That person goes broke.. they're back alone.

The Daviator
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:02 AM
A lot of Justine fans stay out of bickering, that's what I notice, I guess they're all in her forum waiting for RG :p

Dan23
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Whats the point in Henin fans bickering and annoying everyone else, when she isnt playing, like fans of other players do? :p They seem to be the most controlled a lot of the time.

DownTheLine21
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Justine isn't playing right now, and they really haven't had anything to cheer about in a while. I'm sure they'll start posting again when the Berlin/Rome/Roland Garros trifecta begins. We'll probably see the "Justine is Over" threads bumped when she wins 2/3 of the above tournaments.

goldenboi356
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:52 AM
i am still here. last few weeks have been crazy for me. it will be better in like a couple of weeks cause I'm graduating. so ready to move on, u know.

Junex
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Ugh...

People dont get it...

of course we are here around the board reading stuff
we may not seem so visible because unlike other fanbase, we don't usually comment about things not involving our fave.

So was there anything to comment when our fave is not playing an event?
None...

Was there any article to post when there was no write up about our fave in the press?
nadah...

At least we are the only fanbase who are only vocal about our fave when she actually produces the results.

I think we are the only fanbase who are living in reality and not in delusion...

but with regards to our presence, 100% we are alive, you can check out the log-in listing, only that we humble ourselves in silence instead of trashing other players just because our fave suck at the moment!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:28 AM
I'm here :wavey:

It's just that I have been appearing less lately due to work.... and the English Premier League :p

cellophane
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:31 AM
:yawn:

homogenius
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Ugh...

So was there anything to comment when our fave is not playing an event?
None...

tennis ?

Ntour
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Im still here too

i read a lot of posts i haven't posted many lately

Junex
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:37 AM
tennis ?

Oh no...
you don't get it do you?

DONGMEI
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:43 AM
A lot of Justine fans stay out of bickering, that's what I notice, I guess they're all in her forum waiting for RG :p

:yeah: finally see someone talking sense.

MCM
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:03 AM
I'm here, and I'll be her fan until the day I die.:) I guess I am in a strange place being a fan of both Justine and Serena, but for now, I am having fun seeing what Serena can produce (and I'm hoping for some great matches between the two of them on the red clay and on grass). I do miss Justine's presence on the courts though (I really wanted to see her play Charleston).

justine schnyder
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Still here, and sticking with Justine :wavey:

DimaDinosaur
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Henin retired for 6 months. So see y'all bitches in 6 months.

hayleytrotter
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Im still here! This part of the year is boring as heck though.
And with Ju out with injury, we dont get too much of a chance to post about her, cause she isnt doing anything!
But when she comes back we will dominate these boards haha.

Go Justine!

Kampi
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:56 AM
:wavey:

fleemke³
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:58 AM
:wave:
still here but if she isn't playing I don't visit GM that often ... and if she loses I don't visit GM at all :p because it's always the same crap :p

thenj
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
why post useless stuff when she isn't playing?

spencercarlos
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:40 AM
spencer carlos sticks his head in ever now and then....
Wow now i am a Henin fan.. go figure :lol:
Maybe i should start having her on my signature... :bounce:

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:42 AM
well, there is nothing left here :lol:

dya74
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'm here

Donatello
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Thank god Henin fans are "smart"...

Sharapova fans (in april): ...How far is Sharapova away from reaching the YEC?? :banghead:

Helaena
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
im here :)

Dodoboy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I'm here :bigwave:

JadeFox
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm still here.:wavey::kiss:

She's probably just resting her knee and looking out for some cute ballboys to hit on.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1qMwmp2O0U

ViennaCalling
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Not to mention Ivanovic fans and their ridiculous stats threads centered around Ana and the repeated post about Ana being the next coming of christ.....:rolleyes:

:rolls: *OWNED*

ViennaCalling
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I'm still here.:wavey::kiss:

She's probably just resting her knee and looking out for some cute ballboys to hit on.:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1qMwmp2O0U

:vomit:

Allez-H
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Still here. I'm with Justine for better and for worse. True fans stick around, glory hunters do not.

Pureracket
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Wow now i am a Henin fan.. go figure :lol:
Maybe i should start having her on my signature... :bounce:Please....you're a Venus troll. That part in your signature is the most you've ever posted about GAbby on this board. You're one of the ankle biters of Ms Venus Ebonee Starr Williams.

Pureracket
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
:confused: 6 months ago, Forehand_Volley or whatever his name was was posting an article a day, and they were just a more present force on this board, for better or worse. Can't really seem to find any lately.

Now, it's constantly Sharapova can't play on clay or ridiculous polls like "Who can slide better? Sharapova or Jackie Robinson?" or constant bickering between WS and Sharapova fans or Ivanovic fans and Ivanovic haters/detractors. It seems like things have completely changed or is it just me?You probably won't be seeing anymore posts from 4Hand volley. :haha:She was banned, but I'm pretty surep plant still talks to her.

flyingmachine
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Re: Where have the Henin fans gone??

JuJu fan here. :p

Matt01
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Pureracket with mutiple posts in an Henin-thread. How exciting :zzz:

:weirdo:

Pureracket
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM

:weirdo:Matt's ability to breathe. How evolutionary.:lol:

eck
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Barbie's chat thread. :angel:

Matt01
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Matt's ability to breathe. How evolutionary.:lol:

Huh? You're posting crap as always. :help:

Olórin
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I miss the article a day from Forehand and I miss Ninny's trolling :sad:

VivalaSeles
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I haven't gone anywhere. I am still here :)

thrust
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:54 PM
This fan is still here. Hopefully Justine will be winning tournaments soon! Looking forward to Serena-Maria today. I think Serena will win. Did anyone see the short highlight they showed of the Charleston final, I think in 03. Justine won, at the net they embraced and Serena bent down to give Justine a near kiss! A month later in Paris, there were no kisses at the net-lol!!

InsideOut.
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:09 PM

Williams fans: bombshell!!!111@@55$$$ Serena just flushed Isha down the toilet!!11144331!!!**

Get your facts straight, she did not. Sharapova has not played anyone out of Top 200 this year. The lowest ranked was Mattek. And that was 6-0 6-0.

Respect her for what she can do, and not what she can't.

Oh and if someone wins 7-5 0-6 7-6(15) I really admire them for the fight. Sheer drama.

spencercarlos
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Please....you're a Venus troll. That part in your signature is the most you've ever posted about GAbby on this board. You're one of the ankle biters of Ms Venus Ebonee Starr Williams.
Venus troll? I would not say even hater.
Actually i enjoyed Venus matches in Miami this year, in fact like to watch her play live.

The ones i hate the mosts are the delusional and boring asses like you.

:wavey:

hayleytrotter
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Thank god Henin fans are "smart"...

Sharapova fans (in april): ...How far is Sharapova away from reaching the YEC?? :banghead:

Hey now! We arent all bad!
I promise I have a brain! :)

Sudtf
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'm here, but there's not much to talk about when she's not playing or playing badly :o

Period :wavey: Allez Juju!

Aaron.
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:19 PM

:weirdo: Just like you in a Serena thread :weirdo:

Pureracket
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Huh? You're posting crap as always. :help:http://www.wtaworld.com/showpost.php?p=12975856&postcount=48

:tape: :haha:

Petersmiler
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm still here. Just very busy so have really only been here to read occasionally.

Not actually sure why though, after reading some of this thread though.