PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams vs Maria Sharapova Charleston QF

daniel122292
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Maria vs Serena in what should be the final. Who wins?

VishaalMaria
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Serena Williams. She's more mentally tougher.

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM

How is it like the final? Schnyder, Dementieva and Jankovic are more than capable of beating the winner of tomorrow's match.

Russianboy
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Maria Sharapova. She will kill Serena Williams.

Sharakim
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
It might not be easy, but Maria will win.

Poova
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Maria in 2 tight sets. :angel:

-NAJ-
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Maria in 3 .
Go maria!

Emina.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Good luck to the underdog! make me proud :worship:

-

Costanza
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Queen Serena!!!

Expat
my 2nd and 3rd faves
:help:
at least its not a slam so whoever wins doesnt matter
but serena better not lose at any slams again

safinforlife
Serena duh?

starin
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:59 PM
I think Serena is going to fall into the same trap that Henin did when she played Serena in Miami.
Specifically she might come in a little too overconfident and expect to play as well as she did the last 2 times she played Pova and she'll expect Sharapova to play on the same (specifically serve) level as last time. Added to this Serena isn't and hasn't been playing her best tennis while Sharapova is closer to her best and has more confidence coming in.

Pova in 2 or 3 depeding on how that fall affected Serena.

And this is far from the forgone final. Jankovic, Dementieva, etc could beat either of these two on clay. Shame it's a QF though.

zayos_10
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Maria.

btw, does anyone know if there is a live stream for this match?

Serenidad.
Maria really should have just lost to Perebiynis to avoid another obliteration.

Serena, in a more dominant display than the racquet in the 2008 Miami Final. :scared:

Bruno71
From what I've seen so far of both of them, I'd say Maria in 3. That is, if she can find a way to mentally hang with Serena, which I suppose has a lot to do with her own serve. This will not be the most graceful clay court match.

VishaalMaria
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I think Serena is going to fall into the same trap that Henin did when she played Serena in Miami.
Specifically she might come in a little too overconfident and expect to play as well as she did the last 2 times she played Pova and she'll expect Sharapova to play on the same (specifically serve) level as last time.

So negative all the time. If either of the Williams sisters adopted your mentality then God help them.

In The Zone
Serena in 2. She got her clay court blood pumping from Gisela and Kata. She is going to seeing red when playing Maria. :D

AcesHigh
Specifically she might come in a little too overconfident and expect to play as well as she did the last 2 times she played Pova and she'll expect Sharapova to play on the same (specifically serve) level as last time.

If anything THIS will not be it. Ever since Wimbledon 2004, Serena will NOT underestimate Maria. She might play like crap or just get outplayed, but she won't be overconfident.

Anyway, Serena in 3 :)

Slampova
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Maria in 3 hopefully!

AcesHigh
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
So negative all the time. If either of the Williams sisters adopted your mentality then God help them.

:lol: seriously, it reminds me of the Debbie Downer skit from SNL

starin
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM

:nerner:

VishaalMaria
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:05 PM

Seriously though. I've never met or seen anyone be so negative in my life. Have you? I've refrained all this time from quoting that user but this is going into troll-ish behaviour. :P:P:P:P:P

champion88
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Serena - maybe in 3, but she will be very fired up to beat Masha again and she will bring it!

AcesHigh
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Seriously though. I've never met or seen anyone be so negative in my life. Have you? I've refrained all this time from quoting that user but this is going into troll-ish behaviour. :P:P:P:P:P

:lol: it's fine. Some fans are just more worrisome than others. I've had times when I was so negative about Venus, but it's not easy being a fan. Some of us have a lot of optimism and others have a lot of pessimism. If you think it's annoying, just point it out.

vadin124
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Maria will win this one...6-4 2-6 6-3...something like that!

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM

I know :lol:

Serena isn't an idiot, she knows her shots aren't going to magically come just cos it's Pova.

She's not turned up for a match against Maria once, she won't make that mistake again. Serena will pick up her game slightly from today and nip Maria in two. Won't be a beatdown obviously.

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:10 PM
This match will be a battle of wills and to be honest and this is not a biased opinion Serena is winning this encounter.....revisit this thread tomorrow.I am absolutely confident in my prediction I am never wrong.

The Daviator
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Serena should win in 2, she does everything better.

beriadan
Maria all the way. I think she will be the "Cow on Ice" who goes from being a nice vegetarian to a bloodthirsty carnivore and devour Serena.

Craig.
This match will be a battle of wills and to be honest and this is not a biased opinion Serena is winning this encounter.....revisit this thread tomorrow.I am absolutely confident in my prediction I am never wrong.

A little overconfident, are we? ;)

Craig.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:12 PM
One of them in 3. Hopefully Maria. :D

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I think if both serve well this could be an excellent, excellent match actually.

I hope it doesn't just degenerate into a break fest though :help:

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:15 PM
A little overconfident, are we? ;)Its the truth man deal with it!:lol:

Craig.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Its the truth man deal with it!:lol:

Umm, I don't know if you were born yesterday, but NO ONE is always right.

Mina Vagante
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Hopefull Serena.

franny
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Serena...she just matches up well against Maria.

Craigy
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM

I wouldn't waste my time with frontier. :o

I really don't have a clue who will win. Good luck, Serena!

faboozadoo15
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:19 PM

:confused: Just because someone is a fan of a player, does that mean they have to pick them to win every poll, every match? That's what it sounds like from you...

VishaalMaria

Quick to judge aren't we?

Good luck to Serena too.

Craig.

Lol. Thanks for the advice. :)

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Umm, I don't know if you were born yesterday, but NO ONE is always right.you can roll it dice it anyway you want,the truth of the matter is there will be a W next to Serena's name....deal with it ,its a forgone conclusion.:p

VishaalMaria
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM
:confused: Just because someone is a fan of a player, does that mean they have to pick them to win every poll, every match? That's what it sounds like from you...

I'm basing that post on countless comments Manatee has made, countless negative comments he has made in the past. But you wouldn't know that because you're not a fan of either Venus or Serena and so you wouldn't have checked out their player forums to see his negativeness. Good day.

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Serena in three :shrug: I'm nervous already.

Craig, I want those pics in your av' and sig'!!!! I'm soo friggin' jealous!

Craig.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
you can roll it dice it anyway you want,the truth of the matter is there will be a W next to Serena's name....deal with it ,its a forgone conclusion.:p

You're funny. :lol: Idiot boy here thinks he can predict the future. The truth of the matter is, she may very well win, but Maria may as well. So stop thinking you're always right and start making the other side of your brain work too. :wavey:

Craigy
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Serena in three :shrug: I'm nervous already.

Craig, I want those pics in your av' and sig'!!!! I'm soo friggin' jealous!

Here you go. ;)

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/1134894238.jpg
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/1134894304.jpg

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Serena in 3 UGLY sets :scared:

maddogz48
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Bring on the ass-kicking performance Serena wil shower down on Sharapova tomorrow. :)
Woohoo!! Serena always comes out firing on all cylinders against Sharapova.

It is now her duty to humilate Sharapova in any way possible and it will be a joy to see.

kwilliams
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I would have said Serena in 2 but after their matches today I think it will be Serena in 3.

Good luck, Serena!

DOUBLEFIST
CRAIG, YOU DA MAN!!!!! :) :) :)

Thanks!!! :yeah:

Stamp Paid
Ugh we should never be forced to watch these two play eachother and rape a clay court. I think Maria will in straights, partly because of Serena tweaking her ankle and respective form up until this point. But Serena hates Masha, so I dunno...

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:35 PM
You're funny. :lol: Idiot boy here thinks he can predict the future. The truth of the matter is, she may very well win, but Maria may as well. So stop thinking you're always right and start making the other side of your brain work too. :wavey:
You can laugh now but tomorrow you wont be laughing.In this regard I am confident with my prediction.I am a fan who believes in my idol,I am faithful no matter what and always believe they will win . I am a fan who believes that Serena has a psychological advantage over pova and she always know how to beat her since 2005.:p

Craig.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM
You can laugh now but tomorrow you wont be laughing.In this regard I am confident with my prediction.I am a fan who believes in my idol,I am faithful no matter what and always believe they will win . I am a fan who believes that Serena has a psychological advantage over pova and she always know how to beat her since 2005.:p

All right. Keep living in your own little world. One thing though, fans don't have to be delusional.

Il Primo!
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I want Maria to win this sooooooo badly.

And peeps: don't expect Serena to cream Maria a la 2007 until retirement (just a reminder).

OK, Serena serves, moves and returns sightly better. But Masha's groundies game is the business. She's much more agressive than Monroe.

Serena can't hate someone she doesn't consider as a helluva strong rival. :angel:

RenaSlam.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Hopefully Serena draws from that 2002 FO run ;)

Take her out, Rena!

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:44 PM
All right. Keep living in your own little world. One thing though, fans don't have to be delusional.you wanted me to say pova will win... loser:p,its so good to be a delusional Serena fan.:bounce::wavey:

young_gunner913
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Serena will destroy Maria. :devil:

carling
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Serena played like sh!t today, but I think she will win it in 3 sets. It's really a tough call because they're both equally good/bad on clay and make a lot of UE's. It will ultimately depend on whose day it happens to be.

Can't wait to see Serena vs Maria on green clay, but I have a feeling it's going to one ugly motherf*cker.

morningglory
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I think Serena will win... Maria's had to play a lot of matches and she might be tired...

nelsondan
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Can somebody cancel a rerun of the obama-Hillary debate or something and make sure this gets televised? Seriously---is it on somewhere?

doni1212
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:50 PM
It's going to be on ESPN 2.

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
...they're both equally good/bad on clay and make a lot of UE's.

Until Maria wins the French, that's simply untrue.

Thkmra
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:06 PM

Ugh!!! he really is a joke as a 'so-called' Serena fan! :(

But watch what he will say, if Serena pulls through!! :rolleyes:

Craig.
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:13 PM
you wanted me to say pova will win... loser:p,its so good to be a delusional Serena fan.:bounce::wavey:

No, I wanted you to get a clue and maybe (I know, this is asking a lot) consider the fact that Maria could win tomorrow. But of course, being the way you are, that is virtually impossible.

Sha_ra_po_va
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:18 PM
For some reason, I think this will be a fairly comfortable win for one of them...I feel Maria will come out in great form and really expose serena's fitness OR serena will come out and expose Maria's shortcomings on clay. I don't see a long, drawn-out affair.:shrug:

selesbooz
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Wasn't Masha supposed to withdraw from this tournment because she was afraid of Serena:confused:
Or lose to AMG in the last round:lol:

Brooks.
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:33 PM
um honestly,

if Serena plays like today (plus if her ankle is an issue which I think she'd withdraw if it was) Maria will win like 6-4 6-3

idk I guess Maria will win

spiritedenergy
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Serena will catch a cold from Jagger and will not be able to wake up from her bed. :weirdo:

Sharapova def. Williams /walkover

Yonexforever
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
If anything THIS will not be it. Ever since Wimbledon 2004, Serena will NOT underestimate Maria. She might play like crap or just get outplayed, but she won't be overconfident.

Anyway, Serena in 3 :)

EXACTLY...EXACTLY....Serena is ALWAYS up n focused when she sees Maria across the net. I thought I was the only who realized she has NEVER forgotten how much she underestimated Maria at Wimbly 04.

DownTheLine21
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Serena in two sets.

spartanfan
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:50 AM
All Serena needs to do is pressure Pova's serve, hit hard and deep to her backhand and make her run.

Andy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:02 AM
Beating Serena would be huge for Masha. I just hope she can play the match of her life and pull something out of the bag here. Good luck Masha.

Hingiswinsthis
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:02 AM
who ever wins this first set will win this match. these two divas know that there is nothing at stake in a QF of a tournament on their worst surface. had this been Roland Garros, then it would be different.

doni1212
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:03 AM
I would like to see a good match with long rallys too, but at the same time I wouldn't be upset if Serena went into the match and handled her buisness, :yeah:

LH2HBH
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Serena Williams. She's more mentally tougher.

are you really from the UK? Bad grammar :lol:

She's more mentally tough.

or

She's mentally tougher.

Not both - sorry couldn't resist.

mankind
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Good luck to the underdog! make me proud :worship:

-

She's not the underdog. She's won 24 out of 25 matches so far this year. Although you can call her an underdog if it makes you feel better after she loses. :shrug:

The most annoying thing right now is that Serena has a sprained ankle. :rolleyes: So of course, if she loses, that will be the excuse that some people might use.

It's still by far one of the most interesting match-ups of the season. I just hope Serena pulls up okay so they're both 100% physically.

homogenius
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:45 AM
It's not on red clay but it'll be interesting to see if the surface changes something in their match-up.Someone has to stop this "she's on a 5 winning streaks on green clay" stuff.I'm rooting for Serena.

Renalicious
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Serena in two sets.

Ryan
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:50 AM
I don't think it will be a blow out for either side, neither player IMO is consistent enough to pummel the other on clay...but with these two you never know.

tennistuff
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:52 AM

Serena owns Maria:worship:

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:56 AM
I think Serena will win... Maria's had to play a lot of matches and she might be tired...
That's a good possibility, but I also think Maria has an ax to grind with Serena. The last time they met was last year in Miami. I think Maria has since regained a good deal of her confidence. I would be surprised if Maria goes down the same way she did last year to Serena either time. I would be more confident of Maria's chances if this were a different surface. Clay just levels everyone. Best of luck to both of them.

Svetlana.
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:57 AM
I believe in Maria :kiss:

Ben.
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:07 AM
I really hope its a good quality match :D I have a feeling Serena will win this encounter, I just get the feeling that she is so motivated to win the title that it might just help her pull over the line.

But I won't be surprised if masha wins, she's been playing some solid tennis lately, and she's motivated to do well too.

danieln1
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Serena will win IF Errorena doesn´t show up, otherwise it will be a tough battle for Serena!

DragonFlame
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Maria vs Serena in what should be the final.

bullshit, give jankovic the credit she deserves.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:34 AM
I feel like this is basically up to Serena. If the ankle isn't a factor she should win because she's shown she can overpower and certainly outmove Maria.

I think Serena knows Maria will be very motivated and hungry, I don't see Serena overlooking that.

We will see, Maria is certainly capable of great tennis and fighting so it isn't a given.

Cakeisgood
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:36 AM

Wow. I...don't even know what to say. It's like you know Serena more then she knows herself.

ARE YOU A WITCH??!?!??!!

spiritedenergy
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Serena will win IF Errorena doesn´t show up, otherwise it will be a tough battle for Serena!

Errorena:scared: terrified remembering the Miami final against Tankovic:tape:

spiritedenergy
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:38 AM
ARE YOU A WITCH??!?!??!!

No, a bitch.

Cakeisgood
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:41 AM
No, a bitch.

:lol:

Tech1
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:42 AM
Good luck, Serena!

hwanmig
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Not a claycourt match I'd pay to watch. Sharapova in straight sets

darrinbaker00
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Not a claycourt match I'd pay to watch. Sharapova in straight sets
Better this than a dead Davis Cup rubber.....

SOA_MC
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Kill her Serena:rocker2:

DimaDinosaur
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:30 AM
is this televised?

Bartosh
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Serena 61 60 or Serena 46 64 64

C'mon Rena! ;)

Mikey B
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:33 AM
looking forward to this match... cant predict who is going to win, hope its just a good quality match, not an error fest! going on their recent matches maria looked more dominant, but as we all know it will be very different when they go on court, nothing is set in stone really.

interestingly both of these girls have only had one loss this year, so maybe there's some extra fire in there to not lose twice this year...

i hope maria can play well, if she just plays her game and doesnt let serena's serve get into her head then i think it should be a close match...

darrinbaker00
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:35 AM
is this televised?
You guys get TV in your padded cells now? I did not know that.

Sharapowerr
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:48 AM
I think/hope Maria will win in two sets, i know she is 2 - 4 in head to head.. but she wasn t confident in 2007.. and she was playing not at her level at all..

frenchie
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Serena is by far a better clay court player
+ the history between them
= 2 easy sets for Serena

Sharapowerr
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:57 AM
I wonder what Serena is going to tell at the press conference if she ll lose.. Something like " I was playing at 30% "

darrinbaker00
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:00 AM
I wonder what Serena is going to tell at the press conference if she ll lose.. Something like " I was playing at 30% "
I wonder what Masha is going to say at her press conference WHEN she loses: "I'm only (insert age here), so there's still plenty of time for me to win this tournament." ;)

Sharapowerr
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I wonder what Masha is going to say at her press conference WHEN she loses: "I'm only (insert age here), so there's still plenty of time for me to win this tournament." ;)

Ok.. you got me.. haha

GracefulVenus
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Clay, Serena in 3

hayleytrotter
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Hopefully Maria. I wouldnt be surprised if Serena won, but it would do wonders for Marias confidence if she did win.

So, go Maria! :)

doni1212
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:40 AM
You guys get TV in your padded cells now? I did not know that.

:haha:

Ok.. you got me.. haha

:lol:

Lolo8
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I think you guys are in for a suprise because I believe that Maria will be a bad match up for Serena on clay. I predict Maria will win 6-3, 6-2. Seriously.:lol: I also wish Serena would stop doing her incredible Hulk impersonations on the court. Whats with the screaming and roaring? She's too old for this.

Viktymise
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Serena is a pretty awful match-up for Sharapova when she's playing well on any surface. It's in her hands.

shirley
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Serena in 3 sets

Destiny
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Good match here

Ummm Serena to win in two, she's gone go for this :devil:

Cat123
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Maria in 2 or Serena in 3. Mostly I'm just hoping it's a great match! Though a Jankovic/Sharapova final would be amazing.

Sam L
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Serena wins 6-2 6-2

Dodoboy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I really don't see this dragging into three.

But whichever way it goes i know i am going to be a nervous wreck on scoreboard :rolls:

Mina Vagante
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I think you guys are in for a suprise because I believe that Maria will be a bad match up for Serena on clay. I predict Maria will win 6-3, 6-2. Seriously.:lol: I also wish Serena would stop doing her incredible Hulk impersonations on the court. Whats with the screaming and roaring? She's too old for this.

She's always done it. Ever since she first started playing on court and It will always be there. I can't imagine Maria ever stopping her grunting :p

Mina Vagante
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I really don't see this dragging into three.

But whichever way it goes i know i am going to be a nervous wreck on scoreboard :rolls:

:lol: Like yesterday !

We can have our own little MSN scoring convo again :p

Dodoboy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:29 AM
:lol: Like yesterday !

We can have our own little MSN scoring convo again :p

:angel:

Of course, but hopefully the score will be rosy or :scared:

Nikkiri
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Serena?

Mina Vagante
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:32 AM
:angel:

Of course, but hopefully the score will be rosy or :scared:

or... You're gunna come to Northampton and cut something off :lol:

Shimizu Amon
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I really believe that Maria is looking forward to this match.
I also believe that she will beat Serena, I'm not sure if it's gonna be in two or three but she will win.
So Maria this is for you:

:bounce:GO MARIA!:bounce:

Dani12
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:47 AM

:lol::tape::help:

Dodoboy.
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
or... You're gunna come to Northampton and cut something off :lol:

Init ;)

jenny161185
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:50 AM
votes are quite even - im going with Serena in 2 I jus think she can expose Sharapovas movement on clay more than any other

Backhand_stille
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Serena in 2 sets!

ElusiveChanteuse
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Either one of them would withdraw.:angel:

Brandon85
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
maria is playing better.

Olórin
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:47 PM
maria is playing better.

She is playing better for her on clay.

In absolute terms they're probably playing about the same, or perhaps Serena has an edge.

Chrisi
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hopefully Serena. But it will be tough!

acetoace
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I think/hope Maria will win in two sets, i know she is 2 - 4 in head to head.. but she wasn t confident in 2007.. and she was playing not at her level at all..

Going by your logic, was Serena playing at her best level in 2004 when she just returned to the tour off of a 1year medical sabbatical? How about the injury Serena sustained while leading 4-0 in the 3rd at the 04 YEC?

That explains why Pova got those 2 wins back then.

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Specifically she might come in a little too overconfident and expect to play as well as she did the last 2 times she played Pova and she'll expect Sharapova to play on the same (specifically serve) level as last time. Added to this Serena isn't and hasn't been playing her best tennis while Sharapova is closer to her best and has more confidence coming in.

And this is far from the forgone final. Jankovic, Dementieva, etc could beat either of these two on clay. Shame it's a QF though.

:weirdo:

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM

I am no one ;)

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Here you go. ;)

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/craig0191/1134894304.jpg

serena monroe :inlove:

BuTtErFrEnA
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:03 PM
serena in 2...

Topspin2
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Maria in 2 :p C'mon!!!

Kipling
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Here you go. ;)

That's a nice picture of her--did you take it?

DA FOREHAND
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM
ON form Maria should mop the court with Serena.
Serena played like dukey dog crap yesterday but scrapped through.

Serena took a pretty heavy fall so who knows how the ankle will respond.

I hope we don't have a match like the ugly mess Venus and Maria staged in Miami last year.

Backhand_stille
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:00 PM
The winner ot that match will be play in final of course with JJ! :D

joão.
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Maria, hopefully.

SAEKeithSerena
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Maria in 2.

Serena is playing like shit and Maria is full of confidence.

acetoace
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:54 PM

5-2 H2H. Show your face now wimp......

young_gunner913
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM
5-2 H2H. Show your face now wimp......

:haha:

acetoace
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I really believe that Maria is looking forward to this match.
I also believe that she will beat Serena, I'm not sure if it's gonna be in two or three but she will win.
So Maria this is for you:

:bounce:GO MARIA!:bounce:

Do u see how stupid u look now?

doni1212
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:01 PM

you can roll it dice it anyway you want,the truth of the matter is there will be a W next to Serena's name....deal with it ,its a forgone conclusion.:p

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

nhissan
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:11 PM
omg frontier :lol:

acetoace
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM

Hmm.....
At least, according to your post, Maria has been playing with confidence having won 08 AO, a tournament in Doha and AI. Despite all that, it is now evident that Maria at her best can't do nada to a Serena playing at 80%. Maria was in form and in full confidence (albeit a false one) going into the match today. Maria should be thankful for those lucky wins in 04.

Maria forgot one thing;..... when u have a fit Serena as your opponent, it's almost certain you are already out of the tournament and your presence on the court with her is nothing but your gamble to see just maybe a miracle can happen to save your almost certain exit.

H2H now stands at 5/2. I said it before and I would say it again, as far as Serena is concerned, Maria is the new Cappy that must be tamed and brought back down to earth.

From here on out, it would take an off day on Serena's part for Maria to stand any chance.

What more, Wimby 08 would be a telling tournament. I'm so praying for a rematch of 04 final. Serena will so wipe Pova's behind with winner upon winner Maria will not know what hit her!!

MrSerenaWilliams
Apr 19th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I was right :woohoo:

Maria in 2.

Serena is playing like shit and Maria is full of confidence.

:unsure:

:hug:

The winner ot that match will be play in final of course with JJ! :D

:unsure:

mankind
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Serena just has to win this title now. Or Cornet. I couldn't stand to see fucking Bepa holding a Tier I...or even Lena D for that matter. :rolleyes:

Sir Stefwhit
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:09 AM
As part of my bad luck superstition I don't enter these kinds of threads until after the match, a nice little side effect of that is the fun in going back and reading how people thought things would unfold.

The award for best prediction goes to:
frontier