PDA

View Full Version : Charleston R3: [5] Serena WILLIAMS def. [12] Katarina SREBOTNIK 4:6 6:4 6:3

vadin124
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
goo Rena :kiss:

gonna get spanked by Masha though

Mina Vagante
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
:)

Destiny
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:55 PM
:woohoo:

Expat
yaya
that was close
kata :o in the last service game

DownTheLine21

I don't know about that. I think Srebotnik would have beaten Sharapova's AI form. Serena was obviously making errors, but Srebotnik was playing very well. She was constantly pressing and hitting the lines when possible.

BigBabeTENNIS
well done serena she hit 125 mph at one stage haha go

Mina Vagante
Tough match but Serena needs it if she's gunna play Maria :)

Becool
tough match!

kata is dangerous on clay

TomTennis
good to get past that one :bounce: Well done Serena.....onto the quater-finals :)

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Nice serving by Kata.

Very scrappy from Serena, if she played like this all the time she'd never win anything. Thankfully she doesn't ;) So you can all lay off predictions for the next match until we know who has the pleasure of facing her :)

doni1212
Good job, Ree!!!

Craigy
well done serena she hit 125 mph at one stage haha go

You fairly changed your tune. :weirdo:

Well done, Serena. Good fighting. :)

Bijoux0021
Great fight from Serena.

dybbuk
She won't get "spanked" by Maria. :lol: She started to move and strike the ball so much better near the end. She can beat Maria playing like she did near the end.

Mynarco
so close , kata :)

Slutati
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Another missed opportunity for Kata.Oh well, nothing new.Still a great fight:yeah:
Congrats, Serena.

Destiny
:banana:

Minotaur
Katarina played a great match. Never seen her playing like this. Great serving. Accurate baseline game close to the lines. Some great returns.

Serena didn't play that good but she fought as usual and won.

Actually very entertaining match.

Bartosh
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Good job Serena :yeah: Now time for Djokovicova :fiery:
Kata :hug:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Not very good from Serena... up the tempo, or she's gone in the next round....

Elwin.
Kata :sad:

G1Player2
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM

:rolleyes:

DownTheLine21
Katarina played a great match. Never seen her playing like this. Great serving. Accurate baseline game close to the lines. Some great returns.

I agree. I was impressed with her strong serving and sharp groundstrokes.

Olórin
:rolleyes:

Oh everyone must be a critic :lol:

Poova
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I don't know about that. I think Srebotnik would have beaten Sharapova's AI form. Serena was obviously making errors, but Srebotnik was playing very well. She was constantly pressing and hitting the lines when possible.
Srebotnik is a mental midget though. :p Always loses in 3 sets to top players, the same would have happened vs. Maria probably.

Sorry Kata fans, but it's true. ;) I do like her though.

starin
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:00 PM
:worship: Serena. She was really really tested. She didn't play that well until the 3rd set. but kudos to her for digging in. THe only troubling thing is that a lot of times after she got the break she started serving like shite. lots of 2nd serves and short 2nd serves

Srebotnik :eek:
She played really well. Served great and was hitting her forehand really well. Her backhand slice was really effective as well. But in the key games and the key moments Serena really lifted her game and hit some spectacular shots.

Srebotnik did not choke at all. She served well in a lot of her games and didn't hit stupid shots to give it away. She made Serena beat her. If she can continue to play like this she should do much better. That forehand and serve were really on today.

kwilliams
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Go Serena, it was good for her to tough out this win. I hope she gets some rest before her match tomorrow. I think it might be another tough one.

Serenidad.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Fight Errorena. We got to continue the pattern :

6-1 6-2
6-1 6-1
..... 6-1 6-0!

Keaka
:haha:

Ivanovic 3 sets
Hantuchova 3 sets
Henin 3 sets
Wozniacki 3 sets
Swavay 3 sets
Serena 3 sets

all this year. won none of those

lost only 2 2 sets matches

Bartosh

You really think Perebiynis will be that dangerous? :confused:

Demska
Kata :sad:

so close yet so far at 6-4 4-4

young_gunner913
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:04 PM

:spit:

Obviously you didn't watch the end of the match.
Great Job Ree. :kiss::hearts:

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:05 PM
:worship: Serena. She was really really tested. She didn't play that well until the 3rd set. but kudos to her for digging in. THe only troubling thing is that a lot of times after she got the break she started serving like shite. lots of 2nd serves and short 2nd serves

She played really well. Served great and was hitting her forehand really well. Her backhand slice was really effective as well. But in the key games and the key moments Serena really lifted her game and hit some spectacular shots.

Srebotnik did not choke at all. She served well in a lot of her games and didn't hit stupid shots to give it away. She made Serena beat her. If she can continue to play like this she should do much better. That forehand and serve were really on today.

Players always tend to play better than normal against the likes of Serena or Justine though. I think for many it's the honour of playing such a legend makes them play out of their skin. Guarantee she won't play that well in her next match. Hope she proves me wrong.

starin
Srebotnik is a mental midget though. :p Always loses in 3 sets to top players, the same would have happened vs. Maria probably.

Sorry Kata fans, but it's true. ;) I do like her though.

iono i don't think she really choked at all. I expected her to wilt in the 3rd set after Serena hitting some great shot to win teh 2nd set. But she served really well and was hitting her forehand great. i was really impressed w/ Srebotnik today she was really tough out there.

LindsayRulz
Not her best win, but a win is a win, onto the QF! :)

Russianboy
Fight Errorena. We got to continue the pattern :

6-1 6-2
6-1 6-1
..... 6-1 6-0!

im so gonna bump this thread :lol:

beriadan
Maybe Serena will be sore tomorrow from that fall she took.

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:06 PM

:haha:

I love that people are just assuming Masha's through. She 90% will be, but still, we've seen time and again that anything can happen.

Mina Vagante
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM

:p:lol:

Olórin

Maybe Serena won't be sore tomorrow from that fall she took.

Keaka

50 % it was Srebotnik choking. And 50 % Serena lifting her game imo. Cause Srebotnik always chokes, you could see it on the LS. Shoulda win those 15 0 and 30 0 games. She chokes in these matches, otherwise she'd beat Wozniacki and Szavay

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:08 PM
:woohoo:

Little scared from the first to the second but didn;t doubt it in the third!

Great Serving from both girls!

11 aces Serena :dance: and all in great moments.

Now for Sharapova :drool:

Craigy
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:09 PM

Maybe you will stop with negative posts regarding Serena tomorrow.

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:09 PM

LOVE IT!

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:10 PM
50 % it was Srebotnik choking. And 50 % Serena lifting her game imo. Cause Srebotnik always chokes, you could see it on the LS. Shoulda win those 15 0 and 30 0 games. She chokes in these matches, otherwise she'd beat Wozniacki and Szavay

Serena choked in the first and second sets when she should have consolidated the breaks to up 4-1. Imo that cancelled out any choking from Kata.

Thkmra
:bounce::bounce: Yeah Serena!!! :)

Even though Serena clearly wasn't at her best, especially in the 1st
set, with the amount of UE's, and movement diffuculties. In general

I think she played well, espaecially dureing the later stages of the match!!

Srebotnik :sad: Well played match, U def made Serena earn it!!

And those 2 dropshots by Serena at at 4-4, and that 125mph serve in the 3rd, were :eek: Good luck
tomarrow against Pova!:devil:

kadirelf
Great match Serena Good Luck QF

G1Player2
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM

:lol: You know!! Btw, Craig how old are you? :p

azmad_88
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM
congrats serena

G1Player2
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Serena choked in the first and second sets when she should have consolidated the breaks to up 4-1. Imo that cancelled out any choking from Kata.

Yep

justine schnyder
So close Kata :hug:

She really gives close matches against the highest ranked players.. Keep it up!

Cator
Great match from both players. Serena played well in the last set.

I'm very excited of the potential Serena vs. Maria on clay-- I think either can win. It will be fun to watch considering it's not their favorite surface. Fans of both camps should be happy.

Keaka
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Serena chokes?

How can that cancel choking of Srebotnik in the third set I don't understand. :shrug:

They both choked, but the important part is that Srebotnik choked in important moments.

bandabou
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM
congrats babygirl. A win is a win!

beriadan
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:15 PM

She's my 3rd fave player behind Maria and Venus. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up. I don't exactly go spamming the board with Serena-hate.

Olórin
Serena chokes?

How can that cancel choking of Srebotnik in the third set I don't understand. :shrug:

They both choked, but the important part is that Srebotnik choked in important moments.

4-1 those sets would have been over. Could have been a two set match. My point was that the couldas wouldas and shouldas were just as prevalent either way.

bandabou
Serena chokes?

Oh cry me a river...:sad: :bigcry::sobbing::crying2::hysteric:

SV_Fan
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Did someone record. Can someone post on veoh, youtube or dailymotion?

Thkmra
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:17 PM

Actually she showed similar form, in her match against Henin in Dubai

That match was :eek:....She may have even played better in that one!

She ended up losing though :sad:

HenryMag.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Kata :sad: nice match anyway :hug:

VishaalMaria
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Serena chokes?

Eurgghh....And?

This was a tight three set match. You can't play perfect tennis throughout, you're bound to make silly mistakes and let some nerves get to you. I don't think Srebotnik could have done much more, she was playing really well, she kept pushing Serena, she took the majority of her chances, but Serena came out on top in the end. You name me a three set win, where, someone arguably didn't "choke". I think it's all subjective. End of.

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Katerina was amazing in the first set. If only she could keep that level up and have no mercy, she could have pulled out a win. It's just so tough to do that against a player as mentally tough as Serena when Katerina doesn't tend to get through the matches with the top players that well. Congrats to Serena. She had to earn it and I'm really happy about that. It was some of the best prep she could have coming in to the quarters.

Keaka
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Oh cry me a river...:sad: :bigcry::sobbing::crying2::hysteric:

:haha: :spit:

I don't really care anymore, I'm TALKING here.

Mama´sBoy
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Good stuff Rena ;)

CR3WLFC
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:23 PM
were did you all watch the match!!!!!!!!

can someone tell me ?

good win for serena

Keaka
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Why do people think I'm attacking anyone. I'm talking generally, she should have won atleast 1/6 3 set matches. I'm just saying I'm not attacking anyone. And I don't care, I have more important things in my life. But as this is forum, I'm posting my opinion here.

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM
A win is win ,get a massage rest up for tomorrow.I have noticed that no matter how good she plays she is always criticized for not playing good enough to satisfy some posters.She won and she is moving on to her next match,which she has a possibility of winning.:bounce:

dybbuk
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM
were did you all watch the match!!!!!!!!

can someone tell me ?

good win for serena

ESPN 2

Bartosh
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080417/capt.68a91fef76af47278ef2011d09687266.charleston_t ennis_scak109.jpg

Serena Williams makes a return during her 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 victory over Katarina Srebotnik, of Slovenia, during the third round of the Family Circle Cup tennis tournament, in Charleston, S.C. on Thursday, April 17, 2008.
(AP Photo/Alice Keeney)

Kim's_fan_4ever
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Good effort Katarina :hug:

Keaka
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Eurgghh....And?

This was a tight three set match. You can't play perfect tennis throughout, you're bound to make silly mistakes and let some nerves get to you. I don't think Srebotnik could have done much more, she was playing really well, she kept pushing Serena, she took the majority of her chances, but Serena came out on top in the end. You name me a three set win, where, someone arguably didn't "choke". I think it's all subjective. End of.

Yeah yeah, ok. I may be wrong I only watched livescore and even that only half of the time.

But not to take anything away from Serena, congrats :D

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Serena looks good, and a 11 match winning streak right?

The Daviator
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Well done Serena, good luck next round :D

Destiny
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Kata :hug:

Craigy
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Serena looks good, and a 11 match winning streak right?

I thought it was 12.

Wtrain
Overall not a good match for serena but she picked her game up and fought at the end.
Her fall scared the hell out of me though! :lol:

pov
I don't know about that. I think Srebotnik would have beaten Sharapova's AI form.
I think not even nearly. At least not the form Sharapova maintained after the first QF set.

morningglory
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM
:bounce:

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, it is 12! :woohoo:

Keep going :hearts:

Mina Vagante
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I thought it was 12.

Yeah it's 12

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
OMG! Looking at the rest of the girls the other seeds have to face Serena probably had the hardest!

I mean Jelena had Stevenson and Rodionova.
Maria - Tatiana and Mattek

And Serena gets DULKO and STRETBOTNIK 2 very dangerous players on the surface, quite funny actually.

Pureracket
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:39 PM
OMG! Looking at the rest of the girls the other seeds have to face Serena probably had the hardest!

I mean Jelena had Stevenson and Rodionova.
Maria - Tatiana and Mattek

And Serena gets DULKO and STRETBOTNIK 2 very dangerous players on the surface, quite funny actually.She needs to go on and get that ranking up.

Europe rocks
Kata :tears: Really had a chance here

Dodoboy.
She needs to go on and get that ranking up.

She was 5th seed that is reasonable i guess :shrug:

Pureracket
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:42 PM
She was 5th seed that is reasonable i guess :shrug:Yeah, but she's going to get higher. I don't know how rankings work, but I hope she can get top 5 by FO.

Helen Lawson
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM
The faster you guys learn it takes more than a nasty spill to stop Serena, the better off you'll be!!!

Kunal
wtf why so tough for her??

Costanza
:worship:
Now,to the semifinal!!!

joeygoal
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
She can reach number 6 if she wins this tournament.

Expat
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, but she's going to get higher. I don't know how rankings work, but I hope she can get top 5 by FO.

very improbable
shes playing just 2 events including charleston pre FO
theres no way she can be no 5 even without losing a match
she can be in top 5 post FO
but she is already defending quarters there

hotandspicey
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Damn! What an up and down emotional match. :lol: First two sets were nerve racking, but last one was to die for. those shots from Rena. wow :eek: she really upped her level then, showing true grit and determination. wtg Ree. :bounce:
That fall :scared:

Fretchap
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM
God fighting Ree :)

starin
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Some extra match notes:

I hate wathcing Charleston on TV. Can barely see the court....it's too bright.

And with her new hairstyle Serena looks like a bobblehead from behind. A sexy one at that. :hearts:

dybbuk
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Some extra match notes:

I hate wathcing Charleston on TV. Can barely see the court....it's too bright.

And with her new hairstyle Serena looks like a bobblehead from behind. A sexy one at that. :hearts:

I hate the Charleston court. AI's is so much prettier. :hearts:

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah, but she's going to get higher. I don't know how rankings work, but I hope she can get top 5 by FO.

The only way that happens is if she doesn't lose a match until then and Jankovic doesn't win won. :lol:

WAIT! Serena fell?

*Jool*
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I'm glad it was a good match :)
nice fight, girls !

Bartosh
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:58 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080417/capt.10bd63b3609d43b8a83931d839f8320b.charleston_t ennis_scak111.jpg
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080417/capt.1102f4c0840246108aae204b88e89591.charleston_t ennis_scak113.jpghttp://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080417/capt.5a4104c9663d40c284c3b15e97afb5e9.charleston_t ennis_scak112.jpghttp://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080417/capt.1102f4c0840246108aae204b88e89591.charleston_t ennis_scak113.jpg

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:01 PM
WAIT! Serena fell?
On her ass. It was a thud. She almost twisted something, but she fell the right way on her toosh. Good for her. Hope she's now comfortable with the clay again.

beriadan
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM
On her ass. It was a thud. She almost twisted something, but she fell the right way on her toosh. Good for her. Hope she's now comfortable with the clay again.

Yeah, she almost twisted her ankle, but luckily she taped both her ankles before the match, so she's okay, but she said that she may be sore tomorrow, because her adrenaline rush during the match may have been masking the pain.

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:08 PM
very improbable
shes playing just 2 events including charleston pre FO
theres no way she can be no 5 even without losing a match
she can be in top 5 post FO
but she is already defending quarters there

She is scheduled to play Berlin.

IceSkaTennisFan
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
No.5 just isn't in Serena's reach right now. She's about 1400 points away from No.5. Again, Serena's shown in the past and will continue to show that her ranking doesn't really matter. It's just a goal of hers, but she'll win one way or another. I'd be a bit more concerned for Serena if she does get to no.1 again - what would keep her playing then other than retaining the ranking, but one thing at a time.

*W*
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:16 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080417/capt.935fc73a4eb54711a71ebf3c51348023.charleston_t ennis_scak114.jpg

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:17 PM
No.5 just isn't in Serena's reach right now. She's about 1400 points away from No.5. Again, Serena's shown in the past and will continue to show that her ranking doesn't really matter. It's just a goal of hers, but she'll win one way or another. I'd be a bit more concerned for Serena if she does get to no.1 again - what would keep her playing then other than retaining the ranking, but one thing at a time.

Agreed she needs to win a slam to be able to stay in the top 5.

Dodoboy.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I hope she is alright tommorow. :scared:

Lucyxx
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Katarina hit deep, clean winners in pressure situations.

Serena served well in third set and end of second. Always fought.

Katarina fun to watch.

CrossCourt~Rally
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Thats 2 wins in a row against 2 very good clay courters. I am looking forward to the QF vs Maria :cool:.

Stamp Paid
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I wish she would give up on this green clay madness. Nothing good ever came out of Charleston for her.

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:28 PM
She will be fine,this match has given her enough practice to play the last three rds.I think Common's loving is good for her ,since she hooked up with him her results have been good and she is more commited to her career.Good luck in your next match baby!

-VSR-
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM
That fall scared me so much. Another injury would have been too much for her. Good thing she's got that extra padding on her butt, could've hurt a lot worse! :lol: :hug:

In The Zone
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I thought it was 12.

It is. 4 from Bangalore. 6 from Miami. Now 2 in Charleston. It'll be 15 after Charleston. :drool:

In The Zone
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I am not worried about Sharapova. Serena goes into a new gear when facing her. The SF, I'm nervous for -- Serena may have a let down. Should be fun!

LightWarrior
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Din't see the match. So Serena fell ?? At what stage of the match ? Did she hurt her ankle ?

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Din't see the match. So Serena fell ?? At what stage of the match ? Did she hurt her ankle ?

Apparently it might be slightly sore. I doubt it's anything serious though. She'll put it on ice tonight and be fine for tomorrow.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Congrats Serena :hug:

Good luck in the next round. Beat Sharapova!

-VSR-
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:24 PM
She feel at 4-4 Ad Serena rushing to a drop shot and almost went over on her ankle but the tape prevented it and then took a hard fall on the bum. :lol:

Yeah that first set could have been Serena's because that was break point for her too. Anywho, she seemed fine throughout the match but was a little shook up. Apparently she muttered to herself after the fall "give me a break" regarding almost another injury. I'm glad she didn't roll the ankle, what a setback that would have been. :hug:

Derek.
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Srebotnik always comes so close to beating top players.
She can't close out a match against them though.

Well done, Serena! :yeah:

Good luck in the next round! :)

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Apparently ...She'll put it on ice tonight and be fine for tomorrow.

we hope. These things tend to be more sore the following day. Keep your fingers crossed.

RenaSlam.
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:40 PM
:worship:

Go Serena! Take the title!

Brooks.
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Katarina played better the whole match until the last two games :tape:

Serena just looked like she didn't care for most of that first set, but she was able to come through.

She will have to step it up though if she wants any chance against Sharapova.

and that fall was scary! I hope she's alright!

NightShift
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Good win for Serena. I wish her well for tomorrow.

esquímaux
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Wow, Serena dropped a set to Dr. Robotnik :confused:

crazillo
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:35 AM
Kata, another close loss to a top player... :sad:

F-R-E-A-K
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Serena :D :hearts:

Kata :awww:

Renalicious
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Nice work Rena! :inlove:

hacberto
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Great job Serena bring out your best stuff tomorrow against Maria
Good Luck I'll pray for you tonight

winone23
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Great fight Serena! I wish I would have seen the match.

Pleasantville
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:53 AM
A close win by SW! I'm glad she made it through. Likely another tough match tomorrow though :unsure:

Hardiansf
Apr 18th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Good luck for tomorrow Rena, bring your best!

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Serena Williams def. Maria Sharapova 61 61 :dance:

bandabou
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Katarina played better the whole match until the last two games :tape:

Serena just looked like she didn't care for most of that first set, but she was able to come through.

She will have to step it up though if she wants any chance against Sharapova.

and that fall was scary! I hope she's alright!

Sure....4-6 6-4 6-3 against 12th seed Srebotnik or 7-5!! 6-2 against unseeded peribinys? Hmm..not much difference imo

dya74
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:10 AM
she has lost too much energy in this match, i hope there enough left to blow sharapova away

Chance
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:36 AM
isn't anyone concerned that Serena twisted her ankle?????
Sounds like an interesting match, glad to see Serena get through!

Wilson_07
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:01 PM
isn't anyone concerned that Serena twisted her ankle?????
Sounds like an interesting match, glad to see Serena get through!

she fell in the first set of her match against srebotnik, so i don't think it can be too serious :shrug:

Dorcas Monjimbo
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I think Katarina is a tough clay player. Serena woke up at the end of the match and was able to win. I think the three set win was good for her and if she raises her game, then Maria should be ready for another wallop.

Wilson_07
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I think Katarina is a tough clay player. Serena woke up at the end of the match and was able to win. I think the three set win was good for her and if she raises her game, then Maria should be ready for another wallop.

i don't think it will be as one-sided as their last two matches...i think serena could beat maria on hardcourt or grass, but i'm still a bit worried about that on clay...we'll see...still an exciting match

vettipooh
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:38 PM
That fall was quite scary. However she persevered and kept fighting to win the match. :awww: Hope there's no soreness on that ankle today. Well done Rena! :yeah: Kata tried her best, but Serena was just too good in the end. I don't think either Sharapova or Serena are going to blow the other away. Hoping for a solid competitive match..3 sets at least.