PDA

View Full Version : KATARINA SREBOTNIK!! American TV usually shows American players

aguy9797
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
no wonder, I have never really saw Katarina playing. I really like this girl, nice court coverage, footwork, and strokes....pity this old ESPN a**hole keeps on claiming she is from Slovakia, oh well...typical American ignorance :(

Keaka
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:51 PM
But only if she had the mentality :awww:

Demska
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM

yup :sad:

SloKid
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Yes, that part is utterly pathetic. :o

aguy9797
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
she put a nice fight today, hit hard and clean, stayed agressive, nice job, seems clay must be her best surface

DownTheLine21
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Katarina rarely goes very deep in many of these tournaments as well, which is also a factor. Television coverage doesn't usually begin until the QF stage.

Destiny
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Needs to get her mind set right

She could be a pusher and winner:hug:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:07 PM
They showed her in 2005 at this same tournament.
She had a chance to win that match against Dementieva and she didn't have the belief to pull it out.

jamatthews
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:11 PM
she put a nice fight today, hit hard and clean, stayed agressive, nice job, seems clay must be her best surface

It's probably her worst surface. Grass is her best. She really is at her best when she's being aggresive with the forehand and attacking the net.

When she crushed Mauresmo at Zurich. :eek: :drool:

Volcana
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:15 PM
no wonder, I have never really saw Katarina playing. I really like this girl, nice court coverage, footwork, and strokes....pity this old ESPN a**hole keeps on claiming she is from Slovakia, oh well...typical American ignorance :('this old ESPN a**hole has a name . It's Cliff Drysdale, and he was a top player in the 60's. He's also from South Africa.

Typical ignorance on your part.

justine schnyder
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Agree :sad:

Keaka
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:18 PM
'this old ESPN a**hole has a name . It's Cliff Drysdale, and he was a top player in the 60's. He's also from South Africa.

Well, I'm sure Slovenia-Slovakia is a bigger ignorance then being sarcastic

harloo
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Katarina rarely goes very deep in many of these tournaments as well, which is also a factor. Television coverage doesn't usually begin until the QF stage.

Right, but I can't understand how any real tennis fan hasn't seen her play. She's been around for years featured in many matches against top players on American television so the OP needs to do some research. She played well today, it was no surprise considering the surface.;)

Infiniti2001
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM
They showed her in 2005 at this same tournament.
She had a chance to win that match against Dementieva and she didn't have the belief to pull it out.

She was also shown at 2003 Wimbledon against Venus in the rd 64.

starin
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM
ummm no American TV shows the stars. You don't see them showing Mardy Fish over Roger Federer or Nadal or safin,etc.

Just like I almost never see craybas, and she's been playing for years.

Freakan
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
It's probably her worst surface. Grass is her best. She really is at her best when she's being aggresive with the forehand and attacking the net.

she's 80-62 on clay and 16-20 on grass.

aguy9797
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:26 PM
'this old ESPN a**hole has a name . It's Cliff Drysdale, and he was a top player in the 60's. He's also from South Africa.

Right, right, so you are saying Slovakia, Slovenia are small countries so...who cares? NIce atittude

aguy9797
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Right, but I can't understand how any real tennis fan hasn't seen her play. She's been around for years featured in many matches against top players on American television so the OP needs to do some research. She played well today, it was no surprise considering the surface.;)

I am glad we have around 'real fans' like yourself, maybe the wisdom will rub off :rolleyes:

jamatthews
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:29 PM

Oh. :o

Well I still think her game suits Grass better. I'm just completely wrong.

aguy9797
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM
ummm no American TV shows the stars. You don't see them showing Mardy Fish over Roger Federer or Nadal or safin,etc.

Just like I almost never see craybas, and she's been playing for years.

Sharapova is playing right now, are they showing her match?;)

SloKid
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:36 PM
She can play on any surface really and with so few tourneys on grass it often depends on the draw. She grew up on clay though, but her playing style does suit the faster surface quite well.

Kunal
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM
duh

harloo
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I am glad we have around 'real fans' like yourself, maybe the wisdom will rub off :rolleyes:

:haha:You're the one who came in here acting like you've never heard of Srebotnik before. Television coverage centers around top players whether American or non-American. I don't know why you created this ignorant thread? :tape::lol:

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:21 PM

She's an all surface all court player.

There is no "weak surface" for her.

OsloErik
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM
She's an all surface all court player.

There is no "weak surface" for her.

And unfortunately by the same token she's not particularly great at any one surface either. Terrific at net, though.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM
And unfortunately by the same token she's not particularly great at any one surface either. Terrific at net, though.

That's fine.
Say what you want. I'm still mad at the bitch for not attempting to play the Olympics which would help someone like Cliff Dysdale know the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia.

tennismaster8820
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Yeah that was amazing match from Katarina! :worship:
If only she would play close to that level more often! :sad:

Dave.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Kata is a great player on all surfaces. I'll never forget that match at the US Open when she had mp's on Lindsay. She's a twice French Open mixed champion so she can play on the clay too. She has a good attacking game and can play well from the baseline aswell (that forehand is huge). That is why she is half of the 2nd best doubles team in the world.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Kata is a great player on all surfaces. I'll never forget that match at the US Open when she had mp's on Lindsay.

I was at that match and you can tell even then Srebotnik did not have the belief to close it out.

That didn't mean I wasn't scared as all hell for Lindsay because there were rumors that it could have been her last US Open and I didn't want her to go out like that losing to Srebotnik.

Lindsay just kept the pressure on Srebotnik and she gave her that match.
And I was sad for Katarina for half a second and then it was :woohoo: Lindsay.

Wtrain
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Right, right, so you are saying Slovakia, Slovenia are small countries so...who cares? NIce atittude

ummm..... I think the poster is saying you're the ignorant one for assuming cliff drysdale was displaying "typical american ignorance" when in actuality hes south african.

Dave.
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I was at that match and you can tell even then Srebotnik did not have the belief to close it out.

That didn't mean I wasn't scared as all hell for Lindsay because there were rumors that it could have been her last US Open and I didn't want her to go out like that losing to Srebotnik.

Lindsay just kept the pressure on Srebotnik and she gave her that match.
And I was sad for Katarina for half a second and then it was :woohoo: Lindsay.

Oh, so you were part of that great crowd that Lindsay actually said helped her get through the match? You should be proud of yourself. From what I remember, she was very thankful for the support she got that day. ;)

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Oh, so you were part of that great crowd that Lindsay actually said helped her get through the match? You should be proud of yourself. From what I remember, she was very thankful for the support she got that day. ;)

They were a good crowd until I got there (I was a bit late).

I was going to be as loud as i could to make sure she got that we wanted to see more of her at that slam.

Hints here and there. Come on Lindsay!!! FIRST SERVE!!!

FIGHT LINDSAY FIGHT!!! KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!!!

That's one thing about Lindsay, if she gets the support, she'll go 120% and give it her all even when she isn't playing well.
That's how she won Amelia Island twice.

-VSR-
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:19 AM
no wonder, I have never really saw Katarina playing. I really like this girl, nice court coverage, footwork, and strokes....pity this old ESPN a**hole keeps on claiming she is from Slovakia, oh well...typical American ignorance :(

"American ignorance"... your flag is USA. :spit:

cheo23
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Gosh I find CLIFF so ANNOYING, asking so many STUPID questions to Mary Joe and I just wish he would Get it Together!!!!!

aguy9797
May 30th, 2008, 11:08 AM
haha...I saw it coming ;) Kata has what it takes toplay great tennis

gmokb
May 30th, 2008, 11:15 AM
haha...I saw it coming ;) Kata has what it takes toplay great tennis

Oh shut the hell up:fiery:

aguy9797
May 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM
go and get a life, there is more to tennis than just seeeing Serena win