PDA

View Full Version : Vakulenko applies for SPANISH citizenship!

Alvarillo
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM
MARCA, the most important sport newspaper in Spain has announce that Julia Vakulenko (World Nº 41), born in Ukraine is applying to get the spanish citizenship.
Julia has lived a lot of years in Barcelona, has competed in spanish national championships by team and who knows, maybe one day can play for the spanish fed cup team. :)

Fired
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
That's great news :D

TTomek
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:07 PM
yey :D

Mina Vagante
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Oh dios mio:)

La amo:hearts:

Becool
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
does she speak spanish? hehe

*Jean*
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I don't think she will do it.

spiceboy
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:10 PM
does she speak spanish? hehe

She speaks perfect Spanish ;)

Just Do It
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Julia used to play for Serbia many years ago as well.

joão.
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Good, i guess?

Cp6uja
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Julia used to play for Serbia many years ago as well.Her former stepfather is from Montenegro and when she younger she lives in Belgrade several years (junior national champion couple times). With her like back-up player Serbian FED CUP team will qualify in WG1 without problems when Dokic started to play for us or when only one of Ana/JJ played and Serbia will reach probably atleast one final in last 2-3 seasons.

But our tennis association before clash of former Serbian regime (in 2000) dont doing anything to help young talents and Julia is not exception and she and her mother simple use first good offer and chance to escape from here at other place (to Spain) b/c extremly bad conditions in that time.

But she will be also very helpfull now to Spanish FED CUP team. With her, Spain will be one of 10 countries with 2 TOP50 players (Medina and Vakulenko), together with one of best current "national" doubles teams (Medina-Pascual).

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:12 PM
She has a very convoluted and interesting story, doesn't she?

C.MARTINEZ
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Vakulenko :kiss::kiss::kiss:

spiceboy
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:15 PM

She used to be a religious freak :tape:

Thankfully it's over...her spiritual guru is still bitter with her, though :lol:

drake3781
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:18 PM
She used to be a religious freak :tape:

Thankfully it's over...her spiritual guru is still bitter with her, though :lol:

Yeah, I know about that and in fact, I'm the one who found his creepy blog entry about her and posted it here.

I am keeping an eye on him, now. ;)

Warrior
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
She was never my favorite, but still this is bad news for Ukrainian Fed Cup team.

Europe rocks
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Whatever nation she plays for, I just hope Julia can come back soon and get back to doing what she does best :D

Shvedbarilescu
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM
She was never my favorite, but still this is bad news for Ukrainian Fed Cup team.

It's not really bad news for the Ukrainian Fed Cup team as she has never played Fed Cup for Ukraine so they won't actually miss her. It probably works best for Ukraine to go with the Bondarenkos for their team anyway. :)

But it would definately be good news for the Spanish team were Julia to become part of their set up. And as Julia is substantially better on faster surfaces than anyone else on the Spanish team she will also be a huge asset in away ties.

Wannabeknowitall
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Let's just hope that Spain has learned it's lesson from denying Kuznetsova citizenship and will allow Vakulenko Spanish citizentry.

stefi62
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Let's just hope that Spain has learned it's lesson from denying Kuznetsova citizenship and will allow Vakulenko Spanish citizentry.

WHat do you mean? Kuzzy has been denied Spanish citizenship? By whom? the federation or the spanish authorities?

Alvarillo
Apr 18th, 2008, 12:39 AM

Sveta never applied for our citizenship ... so impossible to deny it ;)
Sanchez-Vicario suggested the former president of the spanish federation that with a good offer maybe (at that time) a russian talent could get it and play for Spain, but she never said she wanted to do it and finally nothing happened.
In several interviews she has said that she is russian, and doesn't want to play for another country ;)

Medina
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:48 AM
welcome :kiss:

Vefci Y
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I just want to know what time can she be back:rolleyes:

Pasta-Na
Apr 18th, 2008, 06:09 AM
y not australia? :p

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Julia used to play for Serbia many years ago as well.
Jelena Dokic syndrome? :help:
BTW what's the point of changing you nationality when you didn't play for ages? :o

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM
i still remember she had sex with a teenager :scared:

stefi62
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:01 AM
i still remember she had sex with a teenager :scared:

She was 20, he was 19, grow up! :rolleyes:

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:37 AM
She was 20, he was 19, grow up! :rolleyes:
she was 20+ when she was with that coach, stefool62 :rolleyes:

stefi62
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:42 AM
she was 20+ when she was with that coach, stefool62 :rolleyes:

Whatever, she was 20 or 21, she was an adult. And so was he. Therefore that is their business. By bringing it as " she slept with a teenager", you obviously look for polemics.
What's your point anyway? :confused:

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Whatever, she was 20 or 21, she was an adult. And so was he. Therefore that is their business. By bringing it as " she slept with a teenager", you obviously look for polemics.
What's your point anyway? :confused:
according to drake3781, i tried to point out that this is one of the interesting story. actually it's you who looked for polemics :shrug:

*Jean*
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Steph, réponds pas il est pas tranquille ce Szavaysova :D

Vefci Y
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know what is injured now? And don`t talk about the boring questions:rolleyes:

Slumpsova
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Steph, réponds pas il est pas tranquille ce Szavaysova :D
hey there is a site name wtaworld.fr somewhere. mind to check it out?

toxina90
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:49 AM
MARCA, the most important sport newspaper in Spain has announce that Julia Vakulenko (World Nº 41), born in Ukraine is applying to get the spanish citizenship.
Julia has lived a lot of years in Barcelona, has competed in spanish national championships by team and who knows, maybe one day can play for the spanish fed cup team. :)

I don't really care, I just want her back playing...

*Jean*
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
hey there is a site name wtaworld.fr somewhere. mind to check it out?

I don't like it :)

Alvarillo
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
Julia Vakulenko today in MARCA
"I hope to be ready for Roland Garros"
"I'm so happy about defending Spain in a near future and be part of the sanish fed cup team"
"It's been a tough decission but i've been living 10 yars in barcelona and my family lives here"
"I hope i can improve spanish women's tennis level"
"I have a good relationships with most of the spanish players"

so Bienvenida Julia ;)

IVI
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:40 AM
Julieta :bounce: :bounce:

oliverbecken
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Welcome JULIA!!!!!!! :hearts:

StephenUK
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Does that mean that the WTA guide will be recommending her pronunication as Hoolia Bakulenko? LOL

cellophane
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
LOL at Hoolia Bakulenko

Vefci Y
Apr 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
Spain...Are the Ukrainian fans of Julia still love her?...

ay19
Apr 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Well actually I don't give a @#$$ wich country she represents, she could be playing for Mars for that matter..as long as she comes back and tries to keep injury free I'm happy! I do hope she has some stability in her life besides tennis, so she can fully focus on becoming the best player she can be, and without injury she could be top 20 at least imo!

C.MARTINEZ
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
!!Juliaa bienvenida!!

!!!Te vamos a cuidar mucho!!! :kiss::kiss:

New_balls_please
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Spain...
Are the Ukrainian fans of Julia still love her?...

What´s wrong with Spain? :confused:

and yes they are.

Vefci Y
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:10 PM
What´s wrong with Spain? :confused:

and yes they are.

No wrong:D
Well actually I don't give a @#$$ wich country she represents, she could be playing for Mars for that matter..as long as she comes back and tries to keep injury free I'm happy! I do hope she has some stability in her life besides tennis, so she can fully focus on becoming the best player she can be, and without injury she could be top 20 at least imo!
Yes,but she has too many injury,and I `m very afraid that she will miss Clay season:help:

patricktav2003
Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:45 AM
great for julia!! i think that she lives there a lot and like it!! she can choose what she want!! very kind!! i remeber in quebec city!! i remember that they were talikng about her and Arantxa para playing in the same academy when younger!! spanish player know her a lot!!

stefi62
Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
All I want is Julia to do as she wishes. And that she comes back soon oncourt, she'll have a phenomenal come back I'm sure!

Backhand_stille
Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Vakulenko back to Serbia, please! We need you... :kiss: