PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Videogames Thread // EA Tennis Xbox360/PS3 version confirmed

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Yaaaaaay :bounce:

Images - http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/949/949654/imgs_1.html
Videos - http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/949/949654/vids_1.html

Fired
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
gosh, this game has been delayed sooooo many times... :tape:

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Yeah :sad: I hope they will add some more players *but I doubt it*

tennisvideos
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Well it looks fantastic and the gameplay and AI sounds deep and with lots of variety. I hope it hasn't been delayed again in Australia - all the sites here still say 23rd May with one saying 30th May.

joão.
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I didn't know Wozniacki was in this game. O__O

Aaron.
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:37 PM
:weirdo: I watched the Top spin 3 review on gamespot.com and The developer said Late May? So its delayed again?

BS :rolleyes:

DownTheLine21
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:40 PM
It's too bad that they couldn't include the Serbians or Williams.

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
:weirdo: I watched the Top spin 3 review on gamespot.com and The developer said Late May? So its delayed again?

BS :rolleyes:
Yeah :sad:
http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169218

Adal
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
New preview and screenshots: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/867/867699p1.html

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/867/867699/top-spin-3-20080418093428560_640w.jpg
Looks like someone's going to die just after the 5th game :scared:

tennisvideos
Apr 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM

Very true ... but the good news is you can create them and play the world tour with your player of choice. And that is always a lot of fun. :)

.:sk:.
Apr 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know if TS3 will be for PC too???

BHAMACE
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Alright... here's my BIG question... if anyone knows, speak up.

My favorite part of the game is making my own players! As many of you I'm sure agree.

My main frustration with the last Top Spin, was the fact that I couldn't add 2 of my created players together to make a kick butt doubles team! Such as the Bryans!

I'm hoping this is doable in the new version! Anyone read if that's the case?

Kampi
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:10 PM

Oh yes....I could not agree more.:sad::rolleyes: Maybe later as download content, but this is highly doubtable I'm afraid.

Kampi
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know if TS3 will be for PC too???

Afaik it will come out on pc, too. But much later than the console versions. The pc-games market seems to be in a downfall. Not much coming out and the main focus is more and more on the nextgen consoles. Thank god I have a strong pc and both nextgen consoles. Otherwise I would be in agony city.

Princess Fiona
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I have one of the "Top Spin" games for the Nintendo DS (I think it's the second game - I came across it by accident in a sale section of a store) and I really enjoyed playing it. I can remember some of the older tennis games ("Super Tennis" for the Nintendo is one of the best games EVERRRR... ;) Then there's "Jimmy Connors Tennis" and then the GameBoy games, and, etc... ).

Thanks for the information about this game, and I love the pictures too. It looks absolutely fantastic - I love all the attention to detail. I really want to play it, nowwww... (I know, I have to wait... ;) )

V-MAC
Apr 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM
what a surprise it won't be released at the end of May then :lol: Trying to cash in on the Wimbly market I see with that new release date. Its not a good sign that a game keeps on getting its release date pushed back so I wouldn't hold my expectations for for Topspin 3

tennisvideos
Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:24 AM
Here's a good preview from an Aussie games reviewer that attended Miami. The article is called Top Spin 3, Miami and Beyond (not the top link which is a brief preview):
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/html/2616288

Lilowannabe
Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
what a surprise it won't be released at the end of May then :lol: Trying to cash in on the Wimbly market I see with that new release date. Its not a good sign that a game keeps on getting its release date pushed back so I wouldn't hold my expectations for for Topspin 3 The game WILL be released at the end of may. 19TH May in the US, 23RD in Europe and Australia. I quess the person who started the thread got the wrong date. The game will be out end of may.

Robshots
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Is there a PS2 release?

gredin
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:05 AM
there's still a hope of playing a Williams' sister or the Serbians after the release :

Yeah, we have supported downloadable content from the start. We will be looking to add new things post-release, such as additional players, equipment, new clothing, and things like that. We're definitely looking long-term--things that will extend the life cycle of the game.

Adal
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
The game WILL be released at the end of may. 19TH May in the US, 23RD in Europe and Australia. I quess the person who started the thread got the wrong date. The game will be out end of may.
The game is delayed until 23rd of June and it's official. Sorry, but it's the truth :(

And there WON'T be a PS2 release.

tennisvideos
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
The game is delayed until 23rd of June and it's official. Sorry, but it's the truth :(

Is the delay in every country as all sites in Australia still show 23rd May as the release date?

Avid Merrion
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
ooh, Top Spin 3 will be available on the Wii too! :drool: *pre orders* :lol:

it's showing on the Game UK website just now as the release date being 23 May as well....

eugreene2
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
The delays actually make me hopeful - frustrated but hopeful! I'm hoping they are listening to some of the stuff people like us are saying. I would love for 1 of the Serbians or Williams to be in BUT I get my greatest excitement when I whoop Sharapova and Justine so as long as they're in, my created player will be ready. lolol

Mikey.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Is it true there will be challenges in either SCT3 or TS3? If there is that would be sooooo cool!!! :hearts: Me and my friend ware always shouting "THAT WAS SOOO IN?!!!" when we play SCT2. :lol:

Adal
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Is it true there will be challenges in either SCT3 or TS3? If there is that would be sooooo cool!!! :hearts: Me and my friend ware always shouting "THAT WAS SOOO IN?!!!" when we play SCT2. :lol:
There will be challenges in SCT3 ;)

Mikey.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
There will be challenges in SCT3 ;)

Cool thanks. :) Does SCT3 come out on both PS3 and Xbox360?

Adal
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
Cool thanks. :) Does SCT3 come out on both PS3 and Xbox360?
Xbox360 only

Mikey.
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Xbox360 only

Ok. Thanks :) *buys xbox 360*

eugreene2
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Ivanovic is in SCT3

tennisvideos
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Xbox360 only

Hi Adal

Is there any news on the release date for SCT3 on xbox 360? I have it on PSP and love it. But I haven't heard anything about the xbox release for ages.

Adal
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hi Adal

Is there any news on the release date for SCT3 on xbox 360? I have it on PSP and love it. But I haven't heard anything about the xbox release for ages.
It will be released June 27, 2008 for Xbox360 ;)

tennisvideos
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:22 PM

Thanks - I guess that is not too long to wait. Shame they are both coming out around the same time ... but it should be good to have choices and I like both the Top Spin and the SCT series so this should be great. SCT3 is one of my favourite tennis games yet so I look forward to it on the larger console. And the gameplay in TS3 sounds incredible - so that is going to be exciting. :)

Where do you get all your info from? Do you work in the games industry?

Adal
Apr 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Where do you get all your info from? Do you work in the games industry?

No.. I'm just a fan of tennis videogames, so I know a lot about them :D

Lilowannabe
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM

On every british, american and australian site the game is slated to be released on the 23rd/19th of may. Dont know where you have got your information buts its wrong!! There has been no information on a delay and your the only person who has heard of a delay to my knowledge, so where have you heard this??

Adal
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:21 PM
On every british, american and australian site the game is slated to be released on the 23rd/19th of may. Dont know where you have got your information buts its wrong!! There has been no information on a delay and your the only person who has heard of a delay to my knowledge, so where have you heard this??
2ksports.com/forums/ check there.. One of the workers of the game posted there that game is delayed and news already started appearing on some websites, just not all.

Lilowannabe
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
2ksports.com/forums/ check there.. One of the workers of the game posted there that game is delayed and news already started appearing on some websites, just not all.
Thanks. Ive seen on several websites now that the game has been delayed in the US til the 23rd June, but that it is still scheduled for a 23rd May release in AU, and Europe. I really hope it hasnt been delayed!!!!

V-MAC
Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
SCT 3 is being released a week after Topspin 3 then?? wow a lot of tennis to be played this summer :rocker:

MakarovaFan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
Where'd you get this date from???

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:27 AM
I have one of the "Top Spin" games for the Nintendo DS (I think it's the second game - I came across it by accident in a sale section of a store) and I really enjoyed playing it. I can remember some of the older tennis games ("Super Tennis" for the Nintendo is one of the best games EVERRRR... ;) Then there's "Jimmy Connors Tennis" and then the GameBoy games, and, etc... ).

Thanks for the information about this game, and I love the pictures too. It looks absolutely fantastic - I love all the attention to detail. I really want to play it, nowwww... (I know, I have to wait... ;) )

pfft

Nothing beats Jennifer Capriati's Tennis on the Megadrive (or Genesis for the Americans ;) ) :rocker:

MakarovaFan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:43 AM
pfft

Nothing beats Jennifer Capriati's Tennis on the Megadrive (or Genesis for the Americans ;) ) :rocker:
OMG yes,Shepard was my fave player!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:10 AM
OMG yes,Shepard was my fave player!!

I can only play as Sellers. I set myself the challenge of playing against Klubb and always hitting to her forehand :lol:

MakarovaFan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:22 AM
Omg,can you do me a favor and list all the players.....geez that game brings memories(too bad i cant find my genesis)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:47 AM
Omg,can you do me a favor and list all the players.....geez that game brings memories(too bad i cant find my genesis)

I had to open up my MegaDrive emulator just for this :p :lol:

Capriati, Sellers, Klubb, Sapatie, Martiloa, Alanches, Melandis, Garolyn, M. Malova, K. Malova, Shepard and Saimat.

MakarovaFan
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:23 PM
I had to open up my MegaDrive emulator just for this :p :lol:

Capriati, Sellers, Klubb, Sapatie, Martiloa, Alanches, Melandis, Garolyn, M. Malova, K. Malova, Shepard and Saimat.
Thanks:worship:.....so we have,Capriati,Seles,Graf,Sabatini,Navratilova,Sanc hez,??(Martinez?!),Garrison-Jackson,M(maggie/manuela)Maleeva,Kat Maleeva,??,Date??

toxina90
Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
:mad: Why on earth has it been delayed another month? I was looking forward to playing it in May:mad:

They most likely don't have enough time to add the elaborate list of players most fans want on the roster, so the only other reason I can think of with a June release is to compete with the likes of Metal Gear 4, which, although I am looking forward to Topspin 3 more, I know it doesn't have a chance against the likes of Metal Gear.

Tennisation
Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:57 PM
If they're gonna delay this shit again, please get rid of Maria's ugly french turquoise outfit to this year's french outfit, it will be so much better.

V-MAC
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Virtua Tennis 4 ended up being released before Topspin 3 :o

hellas719
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I think that they should make a tennis video game with full ATP and WTA calendars. They should also include every player in the top 150. It will happen, but when?

Slutiana
Apr 23rd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Its all about Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis. :worship:

tennisvideos
Apr 24th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I think that they should make a tennis video game with full ATP and WTA calendars. They should also include every player in the top 150. It will happen, but when?
You could say this already happened in Europe & Australia with the old WTA Tennis Game - PAL version on PS2 (not to be confused with the horrid WTA Tennis game which had Jelena Dokic on the cover that was also released in USA and Europe). It had all the main top WTA tennis stars and then a whole bunch of others to make about 120 players on the tour - plus virtually the full tournament calendar. It was a great tour I must say.
But it would be great as you say, to have a Next Gen game with the full stable of stars from both tours.

martinahfan
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
yessss martina hingis is in the game again ( smash court tennis 3 ) :
Nous en étions sans nouvelles depuis un certain moment, mais Smash Court Tennis 3 refait surface pour nous offrir quelques images et une date de sortie.

En effet, Namco Bandai dévoile que le concurrent direct de Top Spin 3 dans le combat pour être le titre de référence en matière de simulation de tennis sortira cet été. Dans la foulée l'éditeur nous lâche quelques images qui raviront, entre autres, les fans de Martina Hingis.Le soft est prévu pour le 27 juin, très peu de temps après son homologue Top Spin 3, sur Xbox 360. Coup droit gagnant ? La bataille va être rude.

tennisvideos
Apr 24th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Yes I am very excited to have SCT3 coming to xbox 360 as well as TopSpin 3! SCT3 is my favourite of the tennis games so it will be great to have it on the big screen with xbox 360. It is a bit slower than most but it makes up for that with a very deep world tour and quite good gameplay in terms of depth. Definately much more sim than the Virtua Tennis Series.

V-MAC
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:25 PM
don't diss VT. Have you played it online? It is like a completely differant game with a thriving online community. Topspin doesn't have that.;)

tennisvideos
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:21 PM
don't diss VT. Have you played it online? It is like a completely differant game with a thriving online community. Topspin doesn't have that.;)

Chill - I didn't diss VT I just said SCT3 was more of a simulation (SIM) than VT - and that is a fact. VT proudly proclaims itself as an Arcade style game and there is a place for both.

Adal
Apr 24th, 2008, 02:26 PM
You probably weren't there for the good old TS1 days.

gredin
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
sad news for the american gamers : Atari Announces Upcoming North American Release of NAMCO BANDAI Games’ Latest Star-packed Tennis Smash, Coming August 2008

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/16325/Smash-Court-Tennis-3-Coming-Stateside/

I'm happy to live in Europe :cool:

DOUBLEFIST
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Hey, can you play this online? Any way to start up a WTA World Tourney. Time to put all that trash talkin' where your WTA World credits are. :hehehe:

Golovinjured.
Apr 25th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Does anyone kno whose in TS3? I hated TS2 - so bad compared to TS1 :hearts: Seriously the best game I've ever played - apart from Mario Bros. (the first one) Yeah so who's in TS3?

tennisvideos
Apr 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Does anyone kno whose in TS3? I hated TS2 - so bad compared to TS1 :hearts: Seriously the best game I've ever played - apart from Mario Bros. (the first one) Yeah so who's in TS3?

Yes you are right, the first Mario Tennis was fantastic. The 2nd one is great for doubles with 4 friends playing but you can't control the depth of shot as well in singles as you could in the first game.

I don't mind TS2 at all, but I can't remember TS1 now as I haven't played it in years.

gredin
Apr 26th, 2008, 08:00 AM

in TS3 : Henin, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo, Vaidisova, Wozniacki + Seles

In Smash court 3: Henin, Sharapova, Hingis, Ivanovic, Mauresmo, Vaidisova, Mirza, Krajicek.

Maria Croft
Apr 26th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I will probably buy both games :D

harloo
Apr 26th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Yes I am very excited to have SCT3 coming to xbox 360 as well as TopSpin 3! SCT3 is my favourite of the tennis games so it will be great to have it on the big screen with xbox 360. It is a bit slower than most but it makes up for that with a very deep world tour and quite good gameplay in terms of depth. Definately much more sim than the Virtua Tennis Series.

Do you know if SCT3 is coming to PS3 in the future? I love the PSP version and don't even get tired of it. :eek: I'm a bit sick of VT3 already.:tape:

So Disrespectful
Apr 26th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Do you know if SCT3 is coming to PS3 in the future? I love the PSP version and don't even get tired of it. :eek: I'm a bit sick of VT3 already.:tape:

But SCT3 is so easy!

tennisvideos
Apr 26th, 2008, 03:02 PM

I read on the internet today that it isn't going to be released on the PS3 at this stage, only on xbox 360. Not sure why. I love it too :)

tennisvideos
Apr 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM
But SCT3 is so easy!

That depends ... I still have lots of great battles with some players in tour and exhibition mode.
Also, if you play against a real life friend then it is fascinating and a real battle. That is how I love it - when you get your friends together in multiplayer mode. That is what excites me the most about all tennis games.

Plus we don't know how this will translate in xbox 360. I just hope they make the doubles tougher because it was super easy to play.

V-MAC
Apr 26th, 2008, 03:54 PM
You probably weren't there for the good old TS1 days.

Yep I remember the original Topspin and it was brilliant. One of my fav tennis games. Shame they messed up Topspin 2 so badly though, it was like they took a few steps backwards:(

Adal
Apr 26th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Yep I remember the original Topspin and it was brilliant. One of my fav tennis games. Shame they messed up Topspin 2 so badly though, it was like they took a few steps backwards:(
TS1 was the best online experience. No other game really came close and that's a shame :( I hope TS3 and SCT3 will do it.

CanIGetAWhat
Apr 28th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Ooh, Top Spin 3 for Wii. :hearts:

It would have been nice to have the Williams sisters and the Serbians.

Ryan
Apr 28th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I'm pumped for both TS3 and SC3. I've never played the SC series, where does the gameplay fall in relation to TS and VT? I'm SICK of VT3 now, the gameplay is so boring because no one hits it out. :o

Cheeseburger
Apr 28th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I’ve played TS2 on XBOX 360 and the computer cheats, yes it cheats! Sometimes when my player is ready to receive serve, she looks behind her, what for? I don’t know!
I’m sick and tired of telling her not to do this and why the hell does she keep trying to run to the net after serving, what’s that all about?

Oh! And another thing, my player does the worst diving to try and return serve, like it’s only a 78kmp serve and she falls over when attempting to return.

She’s called Anna Romanova, anyone heard of her?

WhatTheDeuce
May 2nd, 2008, 07:37 PM
Smash Court 3 hits stores in August, not June. (according to Gamespot.com)

Adal
May 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Seems to be the North America release :)

Elwin.
May 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM

omg :o

Elwin.
May 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Seems to be the North America release :)

Thank god :D

Adal
May 2nd, 2008, 07:52 PM
Some interesting facts about SCT3 :):
he game has a variety of attitudes for different situations (winning point, ball called out, etc.) from which you can choose with the four face buttons. Did that feature already exist in the PSP version?
Anyways, take a good look, TS developers. Instead of taking that feature further, you got rid of it.

The player animations aren't very fluid, but it remains to be seen if TS 3 can do any better.

The game might be slower than TS 2, so nothing for VT 3 fans.

Negative: The scoreboard which appears before serve is way too big.

Attitudes after a point
--> On the right: Y = Touch (probably your doubles partner), B = Taunt, A = Calm, X = Happy
--> On the left: Y = Talk under doubles partners, B = Furious, A = Calm, X = Sad
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6850/outballzg6.jpg

Attitudes after a close ball was called out
--> Y = Complain, A = Calm, X = Sad
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5990/closeballoutye0.jpg

Scoreboard
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4244/sbgt5.jpg

Normal ingame pic
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/8420/normalingameml7.jpg

WhatTheDeuce
May 2nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
So much more excited for Smash Court than Topspin...

I'll buy both though.

Adal
May 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
So much more excited for Smash Court than Topspin...

I'll buy both though.

I'm kinda more excited about SCT3 too
Mostly because the lack of information about TS3 and lazy developers.

eugreene2
May 2nd, 2008, 08:04 PM
These are the most delayed games in history ... another failure of the WTA and ATP ... video games, which may be the best way to promote your sport, and neither association has a game that includes all players. Why - because there isn't a union so companies have to try and sign players individually. SAD!!!

Adal
May 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
These are the most delayed games in history ... another failure of the WTA and ATP ... video games, which may be the best way to promote your sport, and neither association has a game that includes all players. Why - because there isn't a union so companies have to try and sign players individually. SAD!!!
Yeah that sucks :(

tennisvideos
May 3rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
Some interesting facts about SCT3 :):
he game has a variety of attitudes for different situations (winning point, ball called out, etc.) from which you can choose with the four face buttons. Did that feature already exist in the PSP version?
Anyways, take a good look, TS developers. Instead of taking that feature further, you got rid of it.

The player animations aren't very fluid, but it remains to be seen if TS 3 can do any better.

The game might be slower than TS 2, so nothing for VT 3 fans.

Negative: The scoreboard which appears before serve is way too big.

The attitudes were not included on the PSP so this is a new addition to SCT3, a fun feature when your playing with friends!

The game is definitely slower than most, but it gives you more opportunity to explore the shot options and I actually enjoyed it. I just hope they make the doubles more difficult because it was way too easy in PSP version and no challenge at all.

V-MAC
May 3rd, 2008, 03:02 AM
SCT almost has an old school charm to it which is refreshing when compared to all the gloss of VT and Topspin

gredin
May 3rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
a bit old video which shows some gameplay (http://www.jeuxvideo.tv/video/smash-court-tennis-3.html#view:44162)

jamesuk
May 3rd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the link

It seems pretty similar to the last games of the series, the characters look pretty slow and lumbering. That was what spoiled SCT2 for me, the fact that it was so hard to play a consistent serve and volley game against a good opponent.

Anyway Ive been thinking about what I´d like from these games, and since I have officialy given up for for any WII TENNIS 2 type game to ever come out, here is what Id like for these 2 games!:

A lob shot which works in the same way as either SUPER TENNIS or TOP SPIN

A slice shot which is actually useful (rare in tennis games) as in SUPER TENNIS

A timing system which determines placement such as DREAM MATCH TENNIS

A risk shot system where hard shots can go out if not done well like SMASH COURT 2

A drop shot system like the one in TOP SPIN 1

A serve system like SUPER TENNIS

Use of players real grunts as in WTA TOUR TENNIS GC PAL

Be able to hit crosscourt winners from way back outside the tramlines like SUPER TENNIS!

Players that have very distinct playing styles like TOP RANK TENNIS Gameboy

Less focus on amazing animations and more focus on ball physics!!!

Amazing and wacky powermoves that interrupt gameplay, insultlingly pathetic motion "controls" that distance rather than connect you more to the game, a game with plenty of glitches, a non existent difficulty level, players that float instead of running, a game where making an error is highly difficult, where topsin shots and slice seem to have the very same function, and just a general feeling of being ripped off, just like SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS!!!

sebbe
May 3rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know if these games will be released for Pc?

zakketiello
May 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
A very long gameply video of Smash court 3 for xbox 360:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ16T68OQqE

Seems much better then psp version :drool::drool::drool:

mal
May 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
Does anyone know if there is a tennis component for the SEGA Olympic game?
http://www.olympicvideogames.com/teaser/us/

aussie_fan
May 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know if there is a tennis component for the SEGA Olympic game?
http://www.olympicvideogames.com/teaser/us/

i would highly doubt it, sounds like a decent list of events this time though with over 35 events, could be interesting.

tennisvideos
May 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the link

It seems pretty similar to the last games of the series, the characters look pretty slow and lumbering. That was what spoiled SCT2 for me, the fact that it was so hard to play a consistent serve and volley game against a good opponent.

Anyway Ive been thinking about what I´d like from these games, and since I have officialy given up for for any WII TENNIS 2 type game to ever come out, here is what Id like for these 2 games!:

A lob shot which works in the same way as either SUPER TENNIS or TOP SPIN

A slice shot which is actually useful (rare in tennis games) as in SUPER TENNIS

A timing system which determines placement such as DREAM MATCH TENNIS

A risk shot system where hard shots can go out if not done well like SMASH COURT 2

A drop shot system like the one in TOP SPIN 1

A serve system like SUPER TENNIS

Use of players real grunts as in WTA TOUR TENNIS GC PAL

Be able to hit crosscourt winners from way back outside the tramlines like SUPER TENNIS!

Players that have very distinct playing styles like TOP RANK TENNIS Gameboy

Less focus on amazing animations and more focus on ball physics!!!

Amazing and wacky powermoves that interrupt gameplay, insultlingly pathetic motion "controls" that distance rather than connect you more to the game, a game with plenty of glitches, a non existent difficulty level, players that float instead of running, a game where making an error is highly difficult, where topsin shots and slice seem to have the very same function, and just a general feeling of being ripped off, just like SEGA SUPERSTARS TENNIS!!!

SCT3 does have a pretty good drop shot and lob and I have the odd passing shot with the slice . It also has a risky flat shot - and you have to be in position to time your shot well. So there are aspects you have asked for that are incorporated in the PSP version so I imagine it will be similar in xbox 360. :)

jamesuk
May 3rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
With the slice shot I prefer it to be a shot which can get you out of trouble when you are pushed wide. Most games when you are wide only let you stab at the ball which makes for an easy put away for the rival. In Super Tennis for example, though, you could be wayyyyyy out of court but hit a great, LOW slice that makes for a tricky volley, and also gives you time to get back into a point. Also, in that game the slice is great as a simple rallying tool, it can really form part of your gamestyle.

ilovethewilliams
May 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
what is everyone taking about smach court tennis 3. That game is out now, just not for the PS3. I know TSP 3 should have been released May 19 or 23 but it's delayed another month. It better comes out b4 Street Fighter 4 or else i wil have to put off buying that game.

Adal
May 3rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
SCT3 is released on PSP already, but you can't compare PSP to XBOX360 and PS3

V-MAC
May 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Pathetic, the Topspin 3 website still has "Full site coming soon" up :(

eugreene2
May 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
I use the slice in Top Spin 2 ... esp to get me out of trouble. My slice is vicious LOL

Adal
May 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Everyone should watch this videos (from SCT3):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9B5O3G4Z
(I wasn't the one who uploaded it)

It shows some of a doubles match + minigames.
I'm just surprised how realistic this games is. It has Masha's real grunts and commons at her opponents :hearts:

littlemermaid
May 3rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Video looks good. Gameplay looks better than Top Spin 3 so far.

Only problem is Sharapova's hair!! It's way too long and looks like a sausage!! haha!

harloo
May 3rd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Anybody playing Dream Match Tennis? I downloaded it and this has to be the best tennis game I've ever played for PC. It seems so precise in regards to how they actually play on tour. The only thing I can't figure out is the first serve and when to go for drop shots. I'm on easy and it's seems hard. I can only imagine how it is on Hard or Insane.:eek:

Has anyone pre-ordered Topspin 3 yet? My only hope is they get rid of the special power shots because it's unrealistic. I much prefer tennis games thant require an all around game because the wham bam simulations like VT3 are starting to bore me.:)

Adal
May 3rd, 2008, 08:20 PM
Video looks good. Gameplay looks better than Top Spin 3 so far.

Only problem is Sharapova's hair!! It's way too long and looks like a sausage!! haha!
Agreed on the gameplay

Yeah. Both Sharapova's and Vaidisova's hair look awful. I hope they will have it fixed by the time of release. It's actually the Japanese version, which was released at the end of 2007

Adal
May 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Anybody playing Dream Match Tennis? I downloaded it and this has to be the best tennis game I've ever played for PC. It seems so precise in regards to how they actually play on tour. The only thing I can't figure out is the first serve and when to go for drop shots. I'm on easy and it's seems hard. I can only imagine how it is on Hard or Insane.:eek:

Has anyone pre-ordered Topspin 3 yet? My only hope is they get rid of the special power shots because it's unrealistic. I much prefer tennis games thant require an all around game because the wham bam simulations like VT3 are starting to bore me.:)
Gameplay of DMT is without a doubt the most realistic one today. I just wish the game would be taken to a next level (graphically wise especially)

I think they will be no power shots in TopSpin3. Gameplay would be totally different from previous series.

Dav.
May 3rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
I heard that Tatiana is going to be included on the game from a few sources (that I wish I could find). Anyone else heard this?

Adal
May 3rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
I heard that Tatiana is going to be included on the game from a few sources (that I wish I could find). Anyone else heard this?
She's not gonna be in any of these games :sad:

Dav.
May 3rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Aw, that sucks. Then what was with that false rumour?

Adal
May 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Aw, that sucks. Then what was with that false rumour?
There were many false rumours with TS3 roster before it was officially reported.

Dav.
May 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, that's true. It's too bad there can't be one official game for the WTA, like the MLB, NFL, and NBA games in America.

Adal
May 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that's true. It's too bad there can't be one official game for the WTA, like the MLB, NFL, and NBA games in America.
Yeah I wish there was a complete game. Because to get satisfaction from playing a tennis videogame I have to play 2 or 3 different ones, because in all there's something missing what the other game has.

eugreene2
May 3rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
Yo, that long video for SCT3 left a few questions - for 1, why are they still doing the 3-2 sets. You can't win a set by 1 unless it's a tie-break - dumber than dumb lol

toxina90
May 3rd, 2008, 09:46 PM
what is everyone taking about smach court tennis 3. That game is out now, just not for the PS3. I know TSP 3 should have been released May 19 or 23 but it's delayed another month. It better comes out b4 Street Fighter 4 or else i wil have to put off buying that game.

I'm not sure about US but in UK I think TS is being released this month. It was stated for a while, then a rdelay rumour appeared and gamespot etc. scheduled it for June, not its back to May so fingers crossed...

Lilowannabe
May 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure about US but in UK I think TS is being released this month. It was stated for a while, then a rdelay rumour appeared and gamespot etc. scheduled it for June, not its back to May so fingers crossed... This is what Ive heard too. Almost all uk game sites, and online videogame shops have TS3 scheduled for release on the 23rd May in Europe and Australia, but in June in the US. Im not 100% on this but i hope so. Im assuming that there most be a different developement teams for the US and Europe
and Australia.

KoOlMaNsEaN
May 3rd, 2008, 11:32 PM
I have some questions. Do you have to hit everything off the bounce? And can you play the sets in 6 game mode?

WhatTheDeuce
May 4th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I think they will be no power shots in TopSpin3. Gameplay would be totally different from previous series.
I hope that's true. :) I'd be more excited about it then.

toxina90
May 4th, 2008, 01:49 PM
This is what Ive heard too. Almost all uk game sites, and online videogame shops have TS3 scheduled for release on the 23rd May in Europe and Australia, but in June in the US. Im not 100% on this but i hope so. Im assuming that there most be a different developement teams for the US and Europe
and Australia.

Yeah fingers crossed, this may sound selfish but it would be very convenient for me if its released this month, as I'd be able to play on it in my half term holiday and study leave (around my exam revision ofcourse)...:lol:

Adal
May 5th, 2008, 02:42 PM
OXM (Official Xbox360 Magazine) gives TS3 9/10

The full OXM review ...

"Tennis games have come a long way since Pong, but the last major landmark was Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast; games since then have just refined the concepts it debuted. Not this time, though- the fantastic Top Spin 3 is the next evolutionary step.

But at first, Top Spin 3 will **** you off. It sure didn't click with us during our brief hands-on time for our preview in last month's issue, but with the benefit of some 20/20 hindsight, we can assure you that it's just because Top Spin 3 masterfully turns tennis controls on their head. By focusing not on charging up but on getting your player into position and releasing your swing at the right moment, the control is loads more realistic, and it also requires more skill and finesse. Fortunately, the game helps you out with a great school more that runs you through every detail in 30-plus essential lessons.

It's definitely THAT tricky at first-for the first hour or so, you'll stare in disbelief as your ingrained charge-up-the-shot reflexes send easy balls zipping past you. But once you get in the groove and unleash your first he's-so-dead rocket, you'll start to appreciate how awesome the controls make the gameplay. Even doubles play or rushing the net feels different and harder in a good way, requiring mastery of their own respective timing and patterns.

See, there's no perfect arcade tennis here- you WILL crank the ball into the net on a regular basis, and if your positioning is off, the ball WILL comically bounce off your face. But rather than just shrugging off a bad dice roll on your charged-up shot, you'll learn to see that you swung too early, got too close to the ball, or misread the spin. All of this boils down to gameplay that is slower-paced, more realistic and lightyears more satisfying than Top Spin 2's, or anything with "Virtua" in it's name.

Top Spin 3 puts all this to fine use in terrific career and online modes, and gorgeous graphics and animations give you plenty of pretty to gawk at no matter where you play. While the career is the standard noob-to-god path, the structure isn't . You start out playing on a local playground, move up to more formal leagues at local colleges, and eventually earn an invite to the junior tour. Put in a good year there, and you can get invited to the pros and beyond. Challenge is everywhere you turn-at first, your rookie can barely hit the ball, so you have to hack out a win from the mess of his "skills." Then when you first make the juniors, everyone is so much better that it's almost daunting. But scratch out some XP here and there while studying your opponents' patterns, and your rank will climb in no time. Hey, if you want to pretend you can beat Federer with your pinkie, you can always go play an exhibition match on Easy.

On the online side, Top Spin 3 sadly fails to provide four-player doubles form four 360s, but the game takes the sting out of the disappointment with its nifty World Tour mode. Here you can enter a set of tournaments, and matchmaking puts you against an opponent who's reached the same round as you(quarters, semis, etc.). If you lose, you can't re-enter for two weeks-though you can play in ever-present one-off games-which puts actual meaning into the scrapping for leaderboard position.

Top Spin 3 might seem like it's testing your tolerance for sucking at a game. But there's no tilting at windmills-abundant gameplay riches and rewards are here, just waiting for you to mine them, and they make your inevitable triumph that much sweeter."

mal
May 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I'm only interested in one thing really.
Will it run in the Netscape browser window, and will it run on the Microsoft Vista platform? O.K. Maybe that's two things..

http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatutors/primer2.shtml
http://www.sun.com/suntrademarks/index.jsp
http://www.sun.com/lawsuit/summary.html

Adal
May 5th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm only interested in one thing really.
Will it run in the Netscape browser window, and will it run on the Microsoft Vista platform? O.K. Maybe that's two things..

http://www.javascriptkit.com/javatutors/primer2.shtml
http://www.sun.com/suntrademarks/index.jsp
http://www.sun.com/lawsuit/summary.html
These games won't be released on PC

mal
May 5th, 2008, 03:23 PM
These games won't be released on PC

Whoa! :bolt::kiss::worship:

toxina90
May 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM

The full OXM review ...

"Tennis games have come a long way since Pong, but the last major landmark was Virtua Tennis on Dreamcast; games since then have just refined the concepts it debuted. Not this time, though- the fantastic Top Spin 3 is the next evolutionary step.

But at first, Top Spin 3 will **** you off. It sure didn't click with us during our brief hands-on time for our preview in last month's issue, but with the benefit of some 20/20 hindsight, we can assure you that it's just because Top Spin 3 masterfully turns tennis controls on their head. By focusing not on charging up but on getting your player into position and releasing your swing at the right moment, the control is loads more realistic, and it also requires more skill and finesse. Fortunately, the game helps you out with a great school more that runs you through every detail in 30-plus essential lessons.

It's definitely THAT tricky at first-for the first hour or so, you'll stare in disbelief as your ingrained charge-up-the-shot reflexes send easy balls zipping past you. But once you get in the groove and unleash your first he's-so-dead rocket, you'll start to appreciate how awesome the controls make the gameplay. Even doubles play or rushing the net feels different and harder in a good way, requiring mastery of their own respective timing and patterns.

See, there's no perfect arcade tennis here- you WILL crank the ball into the net on a regular basis, and if your positioning is off, the ball WILL comically bounce off your face. But rather than just shrugging off a bad dice roll on your charged-up shot, you'll learn to see that you swung too early, got too close to the ball, or misread the spin. All of this boils down to gameplay that is slower-paced, more realistic and lightyears more satisfying than Top Spin 2's, or anything with "Virtua" in it's name.

Top Spin 3 puts all this to fine use in terrific career and online modes, and gorgeous graphics and animations give you plenty of pretty to gawk at no matter where you play. While the career is the standard noob-to-god path, the structure isn't . You start out playing on a local playground, move up to more formal leagues at local colleges, and eventually earn an invite to the junior tour. Put in a good year there, and you can get invited to the pros and beyond. Challenge is everywhere you turn-at first, your rookie can barely hit the ball, so you have to hack out a win from the mess of his "skills." Then when you first make the juniors, everyone is so much better that it's almost daunting. But scratch out some XP here and there while studying your opponents' patterns, and your rank will climb in no time. Hey, if you want to pretend you can beat Federer with your pinkie, you can always go play an exhibition match on Easy.

On the online side, Top Spin 3 sadly fails to provide four-player doubles form four 360s, but the game takes the sting out of the disappointment with its nifty World Tour mode. Here you can enter a set of tournaments, and matchmaking puts you against an opponent who's reached the same round as you(quarters, semis, etc.). If you lose, you can't re-enter for two weeks-though you can play in ever-present one-off games-which puts actual meaning into the scrapping for leaderboard position.

Top Spin 3 might seem like it's testing your tolerance for sucking at a game. But there's no tilting at windmills-abundant gameplay riches and rewards are here, just waiting for you to mine them, and they make your inevitable triumph that much sweeter."

:hearts: If this review is anything to go by I can't wait! The career mode sounds like I would have wanted it, structured and challenging! Sounds brilliant.

WhatTheDeuce
May 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Wow, that Topspin 3 review sounds AMAZING, it sounds like they totally revamped the gameplay.

Now I'm really excited for both. :banana:

Maria Croft
May 5th, 2008, 07:35 PM

The full OXM review ...

Sounds just like the gameplay I want :D

Ryan
May 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'm totally stoked for this game now, the gameplay sounds WIIIIICKED.

aussie_fan
May 6th, 2008, 04:37 AM
That top spin review sound awesome, just hope they haven't dumbed it down for wii like they usually do.

tennisvideos
May 6th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Great review and it sounds deep and challenging which is what serious tennis gamers are after :):worship:

s_j
May 6th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Woohoo! I've just preordered both of the two tennis games! Cannot wait!

Adal
May 6th, 2008, 11:42 AM
NEW PREVIEW FROM GAMESPORT + NEW SCREENSHOTS!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/topspin3/news.html?sid=6190386&tag=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Monica Seles looks so realistic :)

tennisvideos
May 6th, 2008, 12:09 PM
NEW PREVIEW FROM GAMESPORT + NEW SCREENSHOTS!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/topspin3/news.html?sid=6190386&tag=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Monica Seles looks so realistic :)

She looks great in that pic, and so does Borg! I can't wait to play as both of those in exhibition mode :)

Adal
May 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
All screenshots look amazing. Too bad Wimbledon won't be in the game.

Jogi
May 6th, 2008, 12:34 PM
damn, I didn't want to get too excited about Topspin3, but wow, those screenshots look amazing and the gameplay seems to be challenging, can't wait

WhatTheDeuce
May 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I'm not that impressed with the player models actually. :unsure: The ones during play look mostly good, but the player selection screen ones look just ok, nothing spectacular. As long as the gameplay is amazing I can forgive them though.

mal
May 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Is Fish in it?
I want to see him beat Roddick.

gredin
May 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I'm not that impressed with the player models actually. :unsure: The ones during play look mostly good, but the player selection screen ones look just ok, nothing spectacular. As long as the gameplay is amazing I can forgive them though.

PAM developpement isn't really renowned for its capacity to modelize perfectly the players (except Kournikova in the first one). Maybe in HD they'll look very good :)

to mal : there's no Fish but you can create him ;)

tennisvideos
May 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Here is another positive preview from an Australian game site. :)
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=11092&rss=1&title=Top+Spin+3+Preview

blackcrave
May 6th, 2008, 02:25 PM
yey can't wait for the new game.. hoping for psp too

V-MAC
May 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Same here. You'd think they could have gotten a little more realistic likeness at least :shrug:

adeegee
May 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Virtua Tennis 3 on the PS3 is great (apart from minor flaws like the diving), but the biggest problem is the lack of online play.

The fact Top Spin 3 will have online play makes it worth buying alone, even if it's not as good as VT3.

littlemermaid
May 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Do we think that there will be more than one outfit to chose from? Like the previous games?

starin
May 6th, 2008, 10:21 PM
:bounce: sounds great and i'm glad they made the gameplay more realistic and difficult cuz Virtua Tennis and TS1 were ridiculously easy.

Havok
May 6th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Do we think that there will be more than one outfit to chose from? Like the previous games?
Judging by the new pictures, there are at least 2 different outfits. Roddick has his regular white and black/grey lacoste polo, and the new photos show him playing in a Lacoste warm-up jacket.

Hopefully they have more than 2, however. Smash Court was great with outfits; they had 4 which players usually have each year for the different surfaces/slams.

Natash.
May 6th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Omg sounds amazing. :hearts: Now I can make the perfect ball basher. :drool:

tennisvideos
May 7th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I forgot to add the link in my previous post ...
Here is another positive preview from an Australian game site. :)
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=11092&rss=1&title=Top+Spin+3+Preview

~{X}~
May 7th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Did I hear someone say no Wimbledon!? How can they have no Wimbledon!? :eek:

V-MAC
May 7th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Virtua Tennis 3 on the PS3 is great (apart from minor flaws like the diving), but the biggest problem is the lack of online play.
The fact Top Spin 3 will have online play makes it worth buying alone, even if it's not as good as VT3.

Which is why you should have bought an Xbox 360 over the ps3:p

Dave.
May 7th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Is Smash Court 3 coming out on PS2?

Kampi
May 7th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Did I hear someone say no Wimbledon!? How can they have no Wimbledon!? :eek:

Speaking of Top Spin 3, I'm pretty sure Wimbledon will be a part of it.;)

DokicForever
May 7th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I can't wait for this game :)

kittyking
May 7th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Is Smash Court 3 coming out on PS2?

Hope so :scared:

Avid Merrion
May 7th, 2008, 10:52 AM
This is what Ive heard too. Almost all uk game sites, and online videogame shops have TS3 scheduled for release on the 23rd May in Europe and Australia, but in June in the US. Im not 100% on this but i hope so. Im assuming that there most be a different developement teams for the US and Europe
and Australia.

i pre-ordered TS3 from GAME (UK) and received an email from them this morning saying the release date has been pushed from 23 May to 20 June :( looks like we'll have to be a bit more patient....

Adal
May 7th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Speaking of Top Spin 3, I'm pretty sure Wimbledon will be a part of it.;)
It won't have Wimbledon :sad:

mal
May 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM
PAM developpement isn't really renowned for its capacity to modelize perfectly the players (except Kournikova in the first one). Maybe in HD they'll look very good :)

to mal : there's no Fish but you can create him ;)

The more realistic they look, the more it slows the game. I can't see too much realism being practical if it comes from Microsoft. Better stick with Play Station.

No if there is no fish, I don't want it.

eugreene2
May 7th, 2008, 12:44 PM
It won't have Wimbledon :sad:

They'll just call it the England Championships or some other pseudo name ... so no big deal

Adal
May 7th, 2008, 12:47 PM
They'll just call it the England Championships or some other pseudo name ... so no big deal
It won't even be England Championships... Just another grass court in another country :(

eugreene2
May 7th, 2008, 12:53 PM
It won't even be England Championships... Just another grass court in another country :(

Oh did they say that ... Is Wimbledon barring them from even using a pseudo name. That's what all the other games who didn't have the license did. Like Top Spin 2 called Roland Garros - The Paris Championships

aussie_fan
May 7th, 2008, 04:29 PM
they would call it something like the english championship or something, most games are like that.

mal
May 8th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Hope so :scared:

Play Station (Sony) have a deal with the chip manufacturers over the speed which their processors can run (they're Japanese after all), something to do with software rights. My deal is with Samsung (Gaming, Yellow Section), and concerns the rights to Doskey, which is the software which sets the number of macros which can run on the Vista platform, (6 or 7).Don't ask me the details, but I know Playstation are using it on their racing cars game which is very fast. It only remains to be seen whether Netscape and the internet providers can get the same speed in interactive games over the net. If not you'll just have to shell out for an xbox.

V-MAC
May 8th, 2008, 01:10 AM
i pre-ordered TS3 from GAME (UK) and received an email from them this morning saying the release date has been pushed from 23 May to 20 June :( looks like we'll have to be a bit more patient....

What a coincidence it has been delayed till Wimbledon time:rolleyes: Like I said before, a shameless cash in by the game developers to get the casual fan who will be caught up in Wimbly fever to go out and buy their game. Everyone should boycott it and just buy Smash Court Tennis 3 instead:D

tennisvideos
May 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Some more previews and videos:

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/871/871909p1.html

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/top-spin-3/871971p1.html

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1959/Top-Spin-3/p1/

tennisvideos
May 13th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Another new SCT3 preview:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/Smash_Court_Tennis_3_-_Hands_On_13206.htm

Havok
May 17th, 2008, 06:07 AM
Dunno if people have seen the new vids that were posted: http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/949/949655/vids_1.html

Gives us a better look at how real Top Spin has become. I'm getting really anxious for it now :banana:.

**For those who have an EBGames/GameStop near by, just a little heads up. Mine had a May 17-19 exclusive offer where if you trade in any 3 games with a trade back value of at least $8.00, you were able to purchase a new release on any system as well as purchase a "soon to be release" game as well. If you trade in 3 games at the bare minimum ($8.00 each, so that's a trade back of $24.00) you can buy an advanced copy of Top Spin 3! They simply bump up your trade backs to cover the full price of the game; I think it was $59.99 if I'm not mistaken. I didn't even know about it I went in to trade a bunch of games I don't play anymore to get a discount on Rock Band for the PS3 and I came out of there not only with Rock Band but also a pre-purchased Top Spin 3 game to boot!:banana: Now all I have to do is wait for my phone call after the game has been released. I urge anybody to go out there and get informed because this offer is a steal you can virtually buy a $60.00 + game for trading back 3 games of an $8.00 value each!**

tennisvideos
Jun 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Latest preview ...

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/top_spin_3/preview-991.html

Hurry up and get released!!!!!!!! And Smash Court Tennis 3 as well!!!!!

Adal
Jun 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
TS3 video preview (looks amazing):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34803.html

tennisvideos
Jun 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
TS3 video preview (looks amazing):
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34803.html

Yes it looks fantastic! How exciting ... I think this will be a very challenging game in terms of gameplay and I can't wait to play the world tour. I just have to work out who I am going to create for the world tour. :)

TooBlack
Jun 5th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Just 2 weeks now ... Can't Wait

iheartjelenaj
Jun 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know the full line-up of players featured in this game?

tennisvideos
Jun 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know the full line-up of players featured in this game?

The official site is now up and running and it features the full player roster etc:

http://www.topspin3thegame.com

Renalicious
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:01 PM
What's the SCT lineup?

iheartjelenaj
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:04 PM

could've had a better line-up tho. Philippoussis? Really? :rolleyes:
no Serbs. no Williamses. could've had way more women.

tennisvideos
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
What's the SCT lineup?

* Roger Federer - All-Rounder
* Rafael Nadal - Counter Shots
* David Nalbandian - All-Round
* James Blake - Hard Hitter
* Tomas Berdych - Big Server
* Gael Monfils - Baseline Player
* Feliciano Lopez - Serve and Volley
* Andreas Seppi - Baseline Player

* Amelie Mauresmo - All-Round
* Justine Henin - Powerful Backhand
* Maria Sharapova - Hard Hitter
* Nicole Vaidisova - Baseline Player
* Martina Hingis - All-Rounder
* Ana Ivanović - Big Server
* Sania Mirza - Hard Hitter
* Michaella Krajicek - All-Round

iheartjelenaj
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Hmm... I didn't see some of those players on the website. Oh well. Thanks, tennisvideos.

tennisvideos
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hmm... I didn't see some of those players on the website. Oh well. Thanks, tennisvideos.

No, that last list was the line up for Smash Court Tennis 3 which is coming out on xbox 360 in early July. Sorry for the confusion, I was just replying to someone else's question.

iheartjelenaj
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Oh! I didn't realize there were two different games. Ok, so it's Smash Court Tennis 3 and TopSpin3. Hope they're fun to play.

TooBlack
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Both of those games look great except for the rosters. It must be really hard to land Jankovic and Serena. Talk about Diva! LOL

iheartjelenaj
Jun 5th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I thought they weren't in the games

TooBlack
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I thought they weren't in the games

EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

Tipp
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that's what he means - Jankovic and Serena have never appeared in a tennis video game, so they must have some serious demands/high fees or something.

Monfils, on the other hand, must be giving his name and image away for nothing. I can't understand why else every videogame would bother to have him on their roster. (Although, if a miracle happens and he beats Fed tomorrow and makes the final it may turn out they got him for a bargain price :P )

Philippoussis is by far the biggest joke in either line up. I thought he had retired.

iheartjelenaj
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
OOOOHHH..... *shakes head* :lol:

Erika_Angel
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I was actually going to get my partner to buy this, because I enjoy playing tennis on the wii sports, but the wii version of this game looks like shit! eek! It looks like a totally different game from the videos you've all posted of the playstation version.

Adal
Jun 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Serena appeared in SCTPT2 back in 2004 ;) But never since :(

joaco
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:32 PM
is it out for PC??

Adal
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:33 PM
is it out for PC??
These 2 games won't be out for PC.

Havok
Jun 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM
The biggest thing that will piss me off concerning Top Spin 3 is that the flat shot is still being made as a safer shot compared to the topspin shot :weirdo:.

Renalicious
Jun 6th, 2008, 01:27 PM
* Roger Federer - All-Rounder
* Rafael Nadal - Counter Shots
* David Nalbandian - All-Round
* James Blake - Hard Hitter
* Tomas Berdych - Big Server
* Gael Monfils - Baseline Player
* Feliciano Lopez - Serve and Volley
* Andreas Seppi - Baseline Player

* Amelie Mauresmo - All-Round
* Justine Henin - Powerful Backhand
* Maria Sharapova - Hard Hitter
* Nicole Vaidisova - Baseline Player
* Martina Hingis - All-Rounder
* Ana Ivanović - Big Server
* Sania Mirza - Hard Hitter
* Michaella Krajicek - All-Round

Omg such a poor line up! 2 retired players for the women's side, 3 majorly slumping and not 'cool' to play with. Mirza...good for the Indians I guess. Only Maria and Ana have some appeal. But Big Server for Ana? :rolls:

BartoliBabes
Jun 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
looks like monica is hitting single-handed 4hand from official site on her player bio clip?

tennisvideos
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
looks like monica is hitting single-handed 4hand from official site on her player bio clip?

yes - i hope it was just because she was on the stretch! :eek:

Adal
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
yes - i hope it was just because she was on the stretch! :eek:
I saw her on a video. She hit two-handed forehand ;)

BartoliBabes
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:20 PM

i hope so

Havok
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Omg such a poor line up! 2 retired players for the women's side, 3 majorly slumping and not 'cool' to play with. Mirza...good for the Indians I guess. Only Maria and Ana have some appeal. But Big Server for Ana? :rolls:

Yup. People have been bashing Top Spin 3's line up but Smash Court 3 has probably the worst line up for a tennis game when they moved from 2D to 3D games.:o

Sure they could have added some better players for Top Spin 3 (Williams x2, Serbs x2, Djokovic, etc) but I can definitely see myself playing with almost all of the players in that roster. As for Smash Court I think I played with the same 3-5 players for the two weeks I had the game before I got sick of it and returned it.:lol:

Adal
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
New players are gonna be available for download after the release.
And we will choose which ones we want by the poll
;)

Renalicious
Jun 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
The TS3 is pretty bad but good compared to the SCT3 one. Wozniacki will be interesting.

toxina90
Jun 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Do you think on create a player you could choose to be double handed both sides? I don't think I've seen it in a tennis game before

TooBlack
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yea, I wrote TS3 about their lineup months ago. They sent me some standard reply and then ignored by 2nd email. LOL

But the other thing is that - when I finally get to talk to Serena in 2 weeks, I'm going to remind her how she needs to get into a video game for her fans.

Adal
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Do you think on create a player you could choose to be double handed both sides? I don't think I've seen it in a tennis game before
I'm not sure about that. We're yet to know that ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
This is really exciting.

Topspin release on June 24
When's SC3 again?

Adal
Jun 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM
This is really exciting.

Topspin release on June 24
When's SC3 again?

I heard SCT3 was pushed back to July 3rd. At least in Germany.

MakarovaFan
Jun 6th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Yup. People have been bashing Top Spin 3's line up but Smash Court 3 has probably the worst line up for a tennis game when they moved from 2D to 3D games.:o

Sure they could have added some better players for Top Spin 3 (Williams x2, Serbs x2, Djokovic, etc) but I can definitely see myself playing with almost all of the players in that roster. As for Smash Court I think I played with the same 3-5 players for the two weeks I had the game before I got sick of it and returned it.:lol:
Are you serious,remember this is just a port of the psp version WHICH CAME OUT LAST YEAR!!!And at that time 6 of the 8 were TOP 10!!!!!!!So that was a very good roster...........and the smash court before this had Justine,Kim,Serena,Lindsay,Amelie,Jennifer,Anna K and Daniela!1

Havok
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Are you serious,remember this is just a port of the psp version WHICH CAME OUT LAST YEAR!!!And at that time 6 of the 8 were TOP 10!!!!!!!So that was a very good roster...........and the smash court before this had Justine,Kim,Serena,Lindsay,Amelie,Jennifer,Anna K and Daniela!1
I'm talking about the roster as a WHOLE not just the WTA. For Smash Court 3 the girls were fine. They could have done without Krajicek and could have replaced Mirza with a better "up and comer" but they were half decent choices. On the men's side, however, once you throw in a player like SEPPI, it simply goes down the toilet.

The only sub-par name for Top Spin 3 is Wozniacki, and she is a hell of an up and coming player; to a certain extent Philippoussis as well. That's it. Smach Court has Mirza, Krajicek, Seppi, and Lopez. Both line-ups are decent, but Smash Court doesn't compare to Top Spin imo has the superior roster, plus add on the fact that they have 3 legends (Borg, Seles, Becker) and they have a total of 20 players as opposed to 16.

Plus Top Spin will have tons of downloadable content (clothes, players, racquets, etc.) while I highly doubt Smash Court will have any of this.

Cakeisgood
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Has anybody heard the Sharapova grunts in TS3? THEY'RE AWFUL.

Chance
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Is top spin on Wii?

Adal
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Is top spin on Wii?
Yes ;)

Maryamator
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
will it come out on PS3 as well?

Adal
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
will it come out on PS3 as well?
Yep. Xbox360, PS3 & Nintendo Wii and DS.

Deck
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Will TS3 be released for PC as well in June?

And did they get rid of this TS2-issue that the game won't run properly even with some rather new and fast graphic cards?

Adal
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Will TS3 be released for PC as well in June?

And did they get rid of this TS2-issue that the game won't run properly even with some rather new and fast graphic cards?
It won't be out on PC :( Unfortunately.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Adal, can u say me where did u watch that video of Seles in Top Spin 3? I want to watch it :bounce:

Ksenia.
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
at all?

Adal
Adal, can u say me where did u watch that video of Seles in Top Spin 3? I want to watch it :bounce:
It's only a small part of a preview video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CUIrmifcAqQ

BartoliBabes
the perfect player roster should include the top10,
maria sharapova
ana ivanovic
jelena jankovic
svetlana kuznetsova
serena williams
anna chakvetadze
venus williams
elena dementieva
marion bartoli
daniela hantuchova
& perhaps a few up & coming players like azarenka or cornet or seasoned veterans like schnyder, mauresmo or davenport too.
i suggest the wta create their own game, but this time go ALL OUT and give the fans some choices unlike topspin or smash court. AGREE?
and they should also make it like a requirement (like the interviews and photo-shoots), so players would have to go through the stop-motion animation so they play individually and realistically and then record actual maria sharapova screams and williams' grunts from their matches. everything down to a t (with a full tour of ACTUAL tournaments too) and none of this venus williams playin two-handed both sides and mauresmo with a two-handed bhand, which is what happened in vt world tour for the psp. can you imagine the cover, SONY ERICSSON WTA TOUR TENNIS 2009 with the top 10 purposely posing for the game, everyone looking amazing! this would be a success!:):)

Adal
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:50 AM
at all?
So far there are no plans for that.

Erika_Angel
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM
You seem to be an expect Adal :p So question: Is it true you can't make your own player for the wii version, and that the circuit (or whatever it is called ... the real life thingo where you play and get your player up the rankings) will not be as in depth as the other versions/videos I've seen? Thanks :)

Ksenia.
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:57 AM
So far there are no plans for that.that suck big time:tape:

Adal
Jun 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
You seem to be an expect Adal :p So question: Is it true you can't make your own player for the wii version, and that the circuit (or whatever it is called ... the real life thingo where you play and get your player up the rankings) will not be as in depth as the other versions/videos I've seen? Thanks :)
I really don't know much about Wii version.
I only know that there will be exclusive minigames for Wii version.
You may also want to visit that site to look at the Wii trailer:
http://www.topspin3thegame.com/US/microsite/index.php?site=us

Adal
Jun 7th, 2008, 12:04 PM
that suck big time:tape:
It does. Good thing I own xbox360

Polikarpov
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I don't like the animation and movements of Top Spin 3's characters, especially the their strokes, because they aren't smooth and aren't similar to the real life counterpart. Virtua Tennis has better animation IMO but, I hate its gameplay which involves diving from all corners of the court and not hitting a single unforced error.

tennisvideos
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:22 PM
the perfect player roster should include the top10,
maria sharapova
ana ivanovic
jelena jankovic
svetlana kuznetsova
serena williams
anna chakvetadze
venus williams
elena dementieva
marion bartoli
daniela hantuchova
& perhaps a few up & coming players like azarenka or cornet or seasoned veterans like schnyder, mauresmo or davenport too.
i suggest the wta create their own game, but this time go ALL OUT and give the fans some choices unlike topspin or smash court. AGREE?
and they should also make it like a requirement (like the interviews and photo-shoots), so players would have to go through the stop-motion animation so they play individually and realistically and then record actual maria sharapova screams and williams' grunts from their matches. everything down to a t (with a full tour of ACTUAL tournaments too) and none of this venus williams playin two-handed both sides and mauresmo with a two-handed bhand, which is what happened in vt world tour for the psp. can you imagine the cover, SONY ERICSSON WTA TOUR TENNIS 2009 with the top 10 purposely posing for the game, everyone looking amazing! this would be a success!:):)

Yes now wouldn't that be great! Mind you, they almost had this several years back with WTA Tennis (PAL) on the PS2. It had the best world tour of any tennis game I have ever played and a wonderful player roster that included Seles, Henin, Hingis, Venus, Clijsters, Sanchez, Pierce etc and even unlockable legends like Navratilova and Graf. The only thing was that the graphics were more cartoon like and the AI could be somewhat repetitive (unless you were playing Cara Black or one or two othes). But it was a fantastic tour and game IMO.

Still, as you say, a new game with most of the top players and next gen graphics, and a realistic world tour would be fantastic! :)

Shafanovic.
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Which version is better to get, Wii or PS3. I'm definitely getting it but I don"t know which one.

If it's on Wii, do you play it like you play tennis on Wii Sports?

TooBlack
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Which version is better to get, Wii or PS3. I'm definitely getting it but I don"t know which one.

I would tell you to get XBOX360 and buy TS3 and SCT3 ... best of both worlds

MakarovaFan
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I'm talking about the roster as a WHOLE not just the WTA. For Smash Court 3 the girls were fine. They could have done without Krajicek and could have replaced Mirza with a better "up and comer" but they were half decent choices. On the men's side, however, once you throw in a player like SEPPI, it simply goes down the toilet.

The only sub-par name for Top Spin 3 is Wozniacki, and she is a hell of an up and coming player; to a certain extent Philippoussis as well. That's it. Smach Court has Mirza, Krajicek, Seppi, and Lopez. Both line-ups are decent, but Smash Court doesn't compare to Top Spin imo has the superior roster, plus add on the fact that they have 3 legends (Borg, Seles, Becker) and they have a total of 20 players as opposed to 16.

Plus Top Spin will have tons of downloadable content (clothes, players, racquets, etc.) while I highly doubt Smash Court will have any of this.
I disagree because of the simple fact of there are 20 pros yet only 6....SIX women(7 if you count the legend);therefore the roster immeadeately sucks.Even more when of the 6 one retired,2 are in MAJOR slumps and a 4th is a newcomer!!!!!!!!,and unlike smash copurt this doesnt have the excuse for having an outdated roster

Deck
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:27 AM

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww..

That sucks big style.

cheo23
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Topspin 3 SUCKS!!! Only SIX players available :o

tennisvideos
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM
For those that think it sucks there is a simple solution. Don't buy it. But why bother try and ruin other people's anticipation. Personally I don't care so much about the roster as the gameplay and world tour options. These factors mean more to me.

Maryamator
Jun 8th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Yep. Xbox360, PS3 & Nintendo Wii and DS.

Awesome. thank you:wavey:

Ryan
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah get over the lame roster, creating your own player is better anyway. :shrug:

Havok
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Exactly. The more players that are missing, the funner t will be creating all those that are missing. Plus I'm sure we can create them closer to the real thing that the game makers can.

Also people need to get the fuck over the fact that out of the 20 playable characters in Top Spin 3, there are 7 females. It's not a WTA game, it's a TENNIS and they could have easily made the roster all males.

Havok
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I disagree because of the simple fact of there are 20 pros yet only 6....SIX women(7 if you count the legend);therefore the roster immeadeately sucks.Even more when of the 6 one retired,2 are in MAJOR slumps and a 4th is a newcomer!!!!!!!!,and unlike smash copurt this doesnt have the excuse for having an outdated roster

Let me retierate once again. Top Spin 3 will have downloadable content for its game. Get back to me when this happens and Top Spin's roster will have grown and you still have those recycled Smash Court characters from a PSP PORT that was released summer 2007

Havok
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM

PS3 easily. Nadal is a PS3 only character, plus graphics automatically look better on the PS3/XBOX360 version of games anyways. PLus I'm not sure if the Wii will have online play.

Even if it does, a PS3 version is a no brainer imo.

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Speaking of rosters, I thought SCT3's roster kind of sucked. Seppi, Kraijeck, Berdych, Lopez? I mean they could have least gotten a few players with a bit more notoriety. But I also understand what Naldo is saying here. Gameplay is more important than the roster of any game.

I'm playing Dream Match Tennis now and even though the graphics are horrific, the game play is very realistic. They really need to make a game for the PS3 like this one. It's awesome.:worship:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
They should do what they did in the TMS 2003 game.

I remember in the demo you got to choose what time you played your match. You could choose to play Indian Wells in the morning, afternoon and at night.

It would be great if the did it in these games. You could play the US Open at night :hearts:

(I haven't read through this thread, so I don't know if it has been addressed that it is possible to do that in these games)

MakarovaFan
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Let me retierate once again. Top Spin 3 will have downloadable content for its game. Get back to me when this happens and Top Spin's roster will have grown and you still have those recycled Smash Court characters from a PSP PORT that was released summer 2007
First of all we are talking about THE game itself,not some future questionable feature to download players IN THE FUTURE.......As it stands the roster is ships with is the roster that counts,and it is a sucky roster.

MakarovaFan
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Exactly. The more players that are missing, the funner t will be creating all those that are missing. Plus I'm sure we can create them closer to the real thing that the game makers can.

Also people need to get the fuck over the fact that out of the 20 playable characters in Top Spin 3, there are 7 females. It's not a WTA game, it's a TENNIS and they could have easily made the roster all males.
Um excuse me....if a game has 20 pros but only 7 women,why cant we be upset.Yea it isnt a wta game,but it sure as hell isnt an ATP tour game either,so your point made NO sense(so by having an even number of women that would make it a WTA game?????).And fyi,the last topspin was split down the middle 12/12 and before that 8/8 so there is no excuse for a 13/7 ratio this time around.Hell women have worked hard and long to be even with the men in this sport,so why do they get twice as many characters

tennisvideos
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Um excuse me....if a game has 20 pros but only 7 women,why cant we be upset.

You are right, you are entitled to be upset and to express that.

I have traditionally always been more of a WTA fan so it is a little dissapointing for me to have a smaller female roster, but as others have said, it will be fun to create my own players. As long as there are lots of opponents in the World Tour (I don't care if they are no names) then I will be very happy.

I am still very excited about both of these games.

Ntour
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:57 AM
its gonna be fun to create all the players that are missing, just as long as you can play custom tournaments with all the created ones like in TS1

the player creation is really in depth so you could spend like 3 hours creating the perfect looking Ana Ivanovic

aussie_fan
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:00 AM
I'm hoping the world tour will be good for TS3, not many tennis games have got the career mode right at all.

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I'm hoping the world tour will be good for TS3, not many tennis games have got the career mode right at all.

right! exactly wut i wuz thinking. i really didnt like the career mode for TS2, especially the calendar. the years as pro should be longer, 10 years IMO. 5yrs goes by fast.

Sammy 4 eva!!!
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:06 AM
What consoles is Smash Court Tennis three availiable on?

Adal
Jun 9th, 2008, 09:49 AM
What consoles is Smash Court Tennis three availiable on?
It's already out on PSP, will be released on Xbox360 later this summer (4th July)

xr6turbo
Jun 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
It's already out on PSP, will be released on Xbox360 later this summer (4th July)
I wish they would release it on PS3 too.. Seeing as its already on PSP. :o

TooBlack
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
These are all good questions. i wish we could find out more info from them like...

how long is the career mode (5 yrs was def too short)
can I create a player and add him/her to the tour without having to play as them
will all the players wear white at wimbledon (TS2 was funny - I would change my players attire come Wimbledon time only to play Federer in Red/Black)

V-MAC
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I'm getting rather excited about the release date now :o I've pretty much given up on VT3 as I feel I've peaked in that game already (#156 online ranking, I failed in my bid to crack top 100 :sad: ) so I'm looking to start fresh on Topspin 3

Tennisation
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:49 PM
It's already out on PSP, will be released on Xbox360 later this summer (4th July)Smash Court 3 pushed back again for the millionth time to August:o
Top Spin 3 on schedule for June 23rd release, hopefully that will stay true:rolleyes:

tennisvideos
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:18 AM

Naldo, SCT3 is not a PSP port like you say. If it was it would have been released 6 months ago. In a way I wished it was as I love the gameplay and AI mechanics of the PSP version.

Anyway, here is confirmation that many of the mechanics have been rebuilt from the ground up:

http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm

Shafanovic.
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Top Spin 3 comes out on the 20th of June!! So we get it 3 days early

V-MAC
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Yep we'll have the game a few days before our American friends ;)

Shafanovic.
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:53 AM
You're in Australia?

:banana: Anyway

Aaron.
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Top spin 3 :drool: I want you :sad:

tennisvideos
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Top Spin 3 comes out on the 20th of June!! So we get it 3 days early

I've just seen 27th June on a number of sites in Australia. Just when we thought it was within grasp. :tape:

Shafanovic.
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:11 AM
I've just seen 27th June on a number of sites in Australia. Just when we thought it was within grasp. :tape:

STOP DELAYING IT!!!!

I was gonna get in in May and then I saw it's coming on 20th June and now they're delaying it another week!!!

Havok
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Naldo, SCT3 is not a PSP port like you say. If it was it would have been released 6 months ago. In a way I wished it was as I love the gameplay and AI mechanics of the PSP version.

Anyway, here is confirmation that many of the mechanics have been rebuilt from the ground up:

http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm
:o

Very bizzare that they aren't simply porting it since the game already exists. So they are re-building the game, yet they don't want to change it up one bit? At least swap some really awkward players they've included in the game?:shrug:

jbeacinu
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:28 AM
what players are on smash court tennis 3? is it the same players that are on the psp?

starin
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:30 AM
the online play for Top Spin 3 sounds very exciting. I just hope it's free. Anyone know if it's free on PS3??
And i love that they are using the Tiger Woods player creation program. I can finally make my morbidly obese tennis player :hearts:

on Amazon.com the release date is listed as June 23.

tennisvideos
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:36 AM
what players are on smash court tennis 3? is it the same players that are on the psp?

Yes same roster apparently ... shame they didn't add a few more while they were rebuilding it.

Renalicious
Jun 14th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Um excuse me....if a game has 20 pros but only 7 women,why cant we be upset.Yea it isnt a wta game,but it sure as hell isnt an ATP tour game either,so your point made NO sense(so by having an even number of women that would make it a WTA game?????).And fyi,the last topspin was split down the middle 12/12 and before that 8/8 so there is no excuse for a 13/7 ratio this time around.Hell women have worked hard and long to be even with the men in this sport,so why do they get twice as many characters

Isn't her name Ekaterina Makarova, not Elena? :confused: :help:

Bezz
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
The only thing they need to do to make the newer tennis games better is to improve the career mode. After playing WTA tour tennis (PAL) version i found i didnt even care about the graphics so much because the career mode was 10 years long had 50 or so tournaments. The rate at which skills were improved was much slower aswel..so yu couldn't beat all the best players after the 1st year like yu can in the other games.

Adal
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Only 7 more days :bounce: