PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Videogames Thread // EA Tennis Xbox360/PS3 version confirmed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Renalicious
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
I just got SCT3 on the Xbox360. It's a bit dodgy...is it supposed to be like this?

John.
Jan 23rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
I love TS3 - I just can't figure out the risk shots though

Pebbles
Jan 23rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
I just got SCT3 on the Xbox360. It's a bit dodgy...is it supposed to be like this?
I love SCT3, it's fun! Well, what do you mean is dodgy? Maybe you've picked the wrong settings? :)

Renalicious
Jan 23rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
The graphics are really, really bad and if change directions during a shot your player ends up not hitting at all... :unsure:

Pebbles
Jan 24th, 2009, 12:12 AM
The graphics are really, really bad and if change directions during a shot your player ends up not hitting at all... :unsure:
Yeah, the graphics are nothing amazing. It took me a while to get used to the control system, I think it does for many. Keep going with it, and when you master it, the game is lots of fun :)

junglemaster
Apr 1st, 2009, 05:19 AM
They have some of these great games on Amazon i love it! http://photosnag.com/img/2269/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

V-MAC
Apr 2nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Here is a video for Virtua Tennis 2009 which is released next month. Some nice chunks of gameplay in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03RqhxovdAw

I dunno about ye guys but I'm not really impressed by what I see. I mean they seem to have done a "copy and paste" job on Venus and Nadal from VT3 which seems lazy as hell to me. Could have at least updated their looks:(

Havok
Apr 6th, 2009, 01:05 AM
New gameplay video for Grand Slam Tennis 10 (EA Tennis).

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14275416/ea-sports-tennis/videos/grandslamtennis_trl_wii_040109.html

Looks sweet as hell! Plus they use real grunts f they can, and good generic grunts if the pros normally don't grunt (see Roddick/Federer). Nicely done by EA, looks realistic and made to fit the Wii perfectly. Can't wait for new screenshots/vdeos for the 360/PS3 version!:drool:

V-MAC
Apr 6th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Yeah good job with the grunts. The courts look good too for the wii. I expect the Xbox/PS3 version to look amazing:)

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 6th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Just hearing about this game now :eek: The player models look cartoonish and awkward to me, are they gonna be different for PS3/360? And is there a full roster available yet?

The gameplay itself looks and sounds promising. :) EA always does well with sports games.

dynamoRockstarr
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Alright, i really cannot wait for this game. If that's how the courts look for the Wii...

VT2009...will it still have those stipid dumb rallys that can last about 100 strokes and dives that drive me crazy???

~Eclipsed~
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Damn this game looks good. I hardly ever play video games anymore, but since my parents got me a Wii for Christmas i'm definitely gonna buy this game. This might be a dumb question, but do i need to buy one of those rackets or can I use just my controller?

Havok
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Damn this game looks good. I hardly ever play video games anymore, but since my parents got me a Wii for Christmas i'm definitely gonna buy this game. This might be a dumb question, but do i need to buy one of those rackets or can I use just my controller?
You can ue your regular remote, but I strongly suggest getting the new motion plus controller for your Wii. This is one of the first games which was made specifically for this new peripheral

Havok
Apr 6th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Just hearing about this game now :eek: The player models look cartoonish and awkward to me, are they gonna be different for PS3/360? And is there a full roster available yet?

The gameplay itself looks and sounds promising. :) EA always does well with sports games.
PS3/360 version won't be cartoonish like the Wii version.

The roster is currently a little sparse, but I would expect to see maybe 10 in each department. Known roster for the game is;
ATP (4)
Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Roddick

WTA (4)
Serena
Venus
Sharapova
Ivanovic

LEGENDS (5)
Borg
MCEnroe
Sampras
Becker
Edberg

akosiirwyn
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I like the inclusion of the outside courts in EA's game, it gives the game a more realistic feel to me :D

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
PS3/360 version won't be cartoonish like the Wii version.

The roster is currently a little sparse, but I would expect to see maybe 10 in each department. Known roster for the game is;
ATP (4)
Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Roddick

WTA (4)
Serena
Venus
Sharapova
Ivanovic

LEGENDS (5)
Borg
MCEnroe
Sampras
Becker
Edberg
Merci :D

manutoo
Apr 6th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Tennis Elbow 2009 ;)

www.managames.com

best Tennis game on computer out there :D

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 6th, 2009, 07:09 PM

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14275416/ea-sports-tennis/videos/grandslamtennis_trl_wii_040109.html

Looks sweet as hell! Plus they use real grunts f they can, and good generic grunts if the pros normally don't grunt (see Roddick/Federer). Nicely done by EA, looks realistic and made to fit the Wii perfectly. Can't wait for new screenshots/vdeos for the 360/PS3 version!:drool:

Wow, Serena vs. Sharapova sounded so realistic. Also, the fact that Serena didn't lose a point to Serena or Ivanovic was very realistic too :angel: This game should be so good. I need to get a Wii.

Shafanovic.
Apr 10th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Can't wait.

CanIGetAWhat
Apr 10th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Wow, Serena vs. Sharapova sounded so realistic. Also, the fact that Serena didn't lose a point to Serena or Ivanovic was very realistic too :angel: This game should be so good. I need to get a Wii.Serena obviously has to practice harder if she wants to beat herself. :rolleyes:

Shafanovic.
Apr 10th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Haha :lol:

I read somewhere that they're shipping June 5th. Is that true?

Or is it The Sims 3?

Renalicious
Apr 11th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Wait, are the Wii,360 and PS3 editions released at the same time? The Wii version looks awkward. :unsure:

Renalicious
Apr 11th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Here is a video for Virtua Tennis 2009 which is released next month. Some nice chunks of gameplay in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03RqhxovdAw

I dunno about ye guys but I'm not really impressed by what I see. I mean they seem to have done a "copy and paste" job on Venus and Nadal from VT3 which seems lazy as hell to me. Could have at least updated their looks:(

It just looks exactly the same to me as VT3. The only thing I'm excited for are the new outfits. :lol: But saying this, I'll still probably still buy it. :p

Havok
Apr 11th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Wii version is shipping out in June. 360/PS3 I believe is slated for a Q3 or Q4 release this year. Wii is cartoonish, 360/PS3 will be realistic graphics.

Renalicious
Apr 11th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Sigh. Guess I'll have to buy the Wii Version first then.

~{X}~
Apr 11th, 2009, 04:37 AM
I think I read somewhere the 360/PS3 version comes out Dec. 30th.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 11th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Serena obviously has to practice harder if she wants to beat herself. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I meant Serena didn't lose a point to Sharapova and Ivanovic :ras:

Havok
Apr 20th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Nishikori, Stich and Tsonga are now confirmed for the game. There is also a new video of gameplay and they really did use everyone's true grunts. Case in point Serena/Sharapova in previous videos and Nadal in this video!http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14275416/ea-sports-tennis/videos/grandslamt_trl_cover_041309.html

360/PS3 version will be coming out Q4 this year and will have realistic graphics ala Fight Night Round 4. If anybody has seen the graphics for that video game, it honestly looks like you are watching an actual boxing match it's VERY scary!:scared: There will be many courts per tournament so we will not be stuck on the same court every time we play certain events.

Henman and Navratilova are rumoured to be in the game as well. http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2064/gst4.jpg

http://media.cnetnetworks.fr/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/09/17/ME0001091765_2.jpg
http://media.cnetnetworks.fr/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/09/17/ME0001091768_2.jpg
http://media.cnetnetworks.fr/gamekult-com/images/photos/00/01/09/17/ME0001091769_2.jpg

~Eclipsed~
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:07 AM
I can't wait till this game comes out! The graphics look awesome. :hearts:

dybbuk
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Kei and Jo. :inlove: Yay. Plus Ana and Maria, I can't wait for this.

Andy.
Apr 20th, 2009, 03:41 AM
I can't wait till this game comes out! The graphics look awesome. :hearts:
Awesome :confused: IMO they look antiquated and for little kids not a serious tennis game.

Havok
Apr 20th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Awesome :confused: IMO they look antiquated and for little kids not a serious tennis game.
That's only for the Wii version. The Wii can't handle the type of graphics the PS3/360 can dish out. Hence they went with what makes the Wii so popular, with a more stylish/cartoonish type of graphics like Mario/Super Smash Bros/Zelda/etc.

The game which is to be made for the 360/PS3 will have realistic graphics similar to EA's Fight Night Round 4. Here's a video for that game so you can see just how real it will be. FYI this video is actual gameplay! http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14252467/fight-night-round-4/videos/fightnight4_trl_physics_040609.html

~{X}~
Apr 20th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I cannot wait for the EA Game to come out in December for Xbox, with the graphics announced to be similar to Fight Night, its going to look amazing!

I also love that we are going to have more courts per tournament then just 1! I have always wanted that. If your lower ranked, start out on the smaller courts and move up!

I hope the rankings and tour mode are amazing as well! It may be the best tennis game! :D

Andy.
Apr 20th, 2009, 07:49 AM
The game which is to be made for the 360/PS3 will have realistic graphics similar to EA's Fight Night Round 4. Here's a video for that game so you can see just how real it will be. FYI this video is actual gameplay! http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14252467/fight-night-round-4/videos/fightnight4_trl_physics_040609.html
WOW if its anything like that it will be amazing :eek:

Shafanovic.
Apr 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I just want it now!

Adal
Apr 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
EA Tennis roster announced.Male:
Roger Federer (SUI) - Want to own the court like Federer does? You can play as the man who has dominated like no one else over a 4-5 year period. Since winning his first Grand Slam title in 2003 at Wimbledon, the Swiss master has won a dozen more, bringing up just one shy of Sampras’ all-time record. He was the number one in the world for a record 237 consecutive weeks.
Rafael Nadal (ESP) - Fist pump your way to French Open dominance just like current world number one Nadal. He broke through at the French Open, winning four straight titles since 2005. But he has also taken his success to Wimbledon and the Australian Open. Last year he cemented his position in tennis history winning Olympic gold in Beijing.
Novak Djokovic (SRB) - Dangerous on all surfaces, Djokovic is a perfect addition to the player line-up for Grand Slam Tennis. Just like on the ATP World Tour, he’ll be eager to mix up with Federer, Nadal and the other top guys. Djokovic became the first Serbian player to win a Grand Slam title and he did it at the age of just 20.
Andy Roddick (USA) - If you’ve got a wicked forehand and devastating serve, play as Roddick in Grand Slam Tennis. Roddick won the 2003 U.S. Open and finished the year number one in the world. Since his breakthrough win, he made two Wimbledon finals and returned to the U.S. Open finals in 2006.
Andy Murray (GBR) – With Federer, Nadal and Djokovic already confirmed for Grand Slam Tennis, we round out the current “Big 4” with rising star Andy Murray. With a game that exclusively features Wimbledon, Murray is an ideal fit as he’s sure to electrify the home crowds.
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) - Not just one of the rising stars in the sport with a huge game, Tsonga is a character with an exuberant personality. Last year he broke through with a finals appearance at the Australian Open.
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) – Play as the fiery Aussie and fist pump your way to a Wimbledon and U.S. Open title as Hewitt did. If the competitive, counter punching style appeals to you, the former world number one is in-game pro for you.
Kei Nishikori (JPN) – The teenager Nishikori has celebrity status in Japan and has already been touted as a future top-5 player by Radael Nadal. Last year he received the "Newcomer of the Year" award, which was voted on by all the players on the ATP Tour.
Pat Cash (AUS) – The Aussie who made the checkered sweatband famous is pulling double duty in Grand Slam Tennis, appearing as not just a player but as a commentator as well. Now you can relive Cash’s Wimbledon triumph from 1987 in the game.
Michael Stich (GER) – The late 80s and early 90s were a great time for German tennis and part of that was thanks to 1991 Wimbledon champion Michael Stich. Perhaps he is best known for teaming up with John McEnroe and winning the 1992 Wimbledon doubles title in a marathon 5-set match that lasted five hours.
John McEnroe (USA) - Exclusive to EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis, Johnny Mac is arguably the most recognizable tennis figure in the world. Winner of seven Grand Slam titles, including three Wimbledon titles, he has hosted his own talk show and published an autobiography which was a NY Times #1 best-seller and a London Times #1 best-seller. He remains heavily involved in tennis as a commentator for the Grand Slams and a player on seniors tennis tours. This is the only video game in which you can play as vintage McEnroe from his glory years with the sweatband and signature 1980s big hair.
Bjorn Borg (SWE) - For the first time in a video game, replay the classic 1980 Wimbledon final with Borg and McEnroe. Perhaps no player was able to dominate the French Open and Wimbledon simultaneously like the stoic Swede. From 1974 to 1981, Borg ruled Roland Garros with six straight championships. During the same time he also claimed five straight Wimbledon titles, culminating with the epic 1980 final. "It feels good that EA SPORTS is launching a tennis game, and of course I’m glad that Wimbledon is in it, considering my success there. I hope the game can play a part in growing the sport and that it at the same time is an opportunity for my generation to reach the younger players." - Bjorn Borg.
Michael Stich (GER) – The late 80s and early 90s were a great time for German tennis and part of that was thanks to 1991 Wimbledon champion Michael Stich. Perhaps he is best known for teaming up with John McEnroe and winning the 1992 Wimbledon doubles title in a marathon 5-set match that lasted five hours.
Pete Sampras (USA) - Replicate Pistol Pete’s serve in Grand Slam Tennis, the very serve he used to make Wimbledon his personal playground during the 90s, winning 7 titles in all. No man in tennis history has won more Grand Slam titles than Sampras, who owns the all-time record with 14. In all he retired with 64 total titles and raked in a staggering $43.3-million in prize money.
Stefan Edberg (SWE) - Can you embody class and grace in Grand Slam Tennis like Stefan Edberg did? He treated fans to six Grand Slam titles and ascended to number one in the world in August 1990, becoming one of the only players to hold the number one ranking in both singles and doubles. Edberg retired in 1996 with 42 total titles.
Boris Becker (GER) - Check out Becker in the game with his classic serve & volley game and signature dives at Wimbledon. "Boom Boom" exploded to tennis prominence with his stunning Wimbledon victory in 1985 as an unseeded 17-year old. Becker successfully defended his title the next year and quickly became a household name.

Female:
Serena Williams (USA) - The ladies are headlined by Serena Williams, who appears on the North American cover along with McEnroe and Federer. Serena becomes the first woman to appear on the cover of an EA SPORTS simulation product. With a solid all-around game and a personality and style all her own, she’ll be a popular figure in this game for the women and men.
Maria Sharapova (RUS) - Grand Slam Tennis won’t be short in style and personality with Maria Sharapova also representing the women in this game. The Russian is 3-time Grand Slam champion and former world number one.
Venus Williams (USA) – Can you dominate on the grass of Centre Court like 5-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams? She joins her sister Serena in the all-star player line-up for EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis. Venus has also won a pair of U.S. Open titles.
Ana Ivanovic (SRB) - Compatriot Novak Djokovic isn’t theonly Serbian star featured in Grand Slam Tennis. Last year Ivanovic won her first Grand Slam title at the French Open and rose to number one in the world.
Justine Henin (BEL) – One of the greatest player of her generation retired early and still in her prime but you can play as or against the Belgian in Grand Slam Tennis. Dominate at Roland Garros just as Henin did, winning four straight titles on the clay in Paris.
Lindsay Davenport (USA) – Can you strike the ball as crisply and cleanly as 3-time Grand Slam champion Davenport? Known as one of the best and purest ball strikers in tennis history, the American, finished number one in the world for four years and earned more than $22-million in prize money.
Chris Evert (USA) – America’s tennis darling in the 70s and 80s is another headlining legend in Grand Slam Tennis. Would you take up the challenge to replicate her mind-boggling 125 match winning streak on clay? It spanned almost 6 years from 1973 to 1979. Evert retired in 1989 with 18 Grand Slam titles.
Martina Navratilova (USA) – Replay a classic tennis rivalry with Navratilova versus Evert. The two met 77 times in their careers, making up one of the most epic rivalries in tennis history. Navratilova retired from singles competition in 1994 but played doubles into her 50s! Like Evert, she holds 18 Grand Slam titles and a record nine from Wimbledon.

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/story-10707-Grand-Slam-Tennis-Complete-Players-List-.html

2Black
Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
OMG, if that's official, EA has done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST LIST EVER!!!

Wait, where's Stitch & Tsonga lol

Ciarán
Apr 23rd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Kei :hearts:

Renalicious
Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Great list. :)

The only issue I have with is it that Safina (Current #1) is missing and also Jankovic is missing...but other than that...it's the best list so far! Oh and also some more women would be nice. But I'm glad they included Justine and Lindsay who are *sort of* active players. (though retired, they do not fall into the same catagory as Nav or Evert)

Christinawww
Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
I would have prefered some more female players. They have the established in the men's side but also the young and promising players. I would have liked some of the up and comers in the women's roosters as well

2Black
Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Once this comes out on PS3, I may play for days ... assuming gameplay isn't a total disaster. That list is sick!!! I am suprised they didn't select Jankovic. They could have advertised her as - see if you can defeat the weakest #1 in women's tennis history or will you be the one to dethrone her & wear the crown yourself. LOL

Golovinjured.
Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
Boo. No Hingis, Golovin, Dokic, Kournikova.

FAIL.

Shafanovic.
Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
I Want It!

Mikey B
Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
great list.. but 4 active women only!!! compared to double that on the men's side... not surprised, but still a little disappointed. nice including the legends... cant wait to play!!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Since when were these players considered legends:

Pat Cash
Michael Stich

MakarovaFan
Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:48 PM
Im sorry but that list is a joke,not based on star quality but 16 men yet 8 women...they went all out on for the men,are the women not equal? We get four,4! active women,zero for future-upcoming champs and essentially just 2 legends(seriously justine and lindsay havnt even been gone a year yet!) I mean sure if there were only 8 men and 8 women you probably couldnt get a better list,but for the men to be approaching 20 yet women barely get 8!?

Andrew Laeddis
Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:10 PM
I wanted Safina

eck
Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
I'm getting it :angel:

duhcity
Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
I know I should've waited for the EA Tennis game (gonna buy it anyway), but I couldnt resist.
Saw Top Spin 3 for the Wii at my local gamestop for 9.99. I've heard that it sucks but I couldn't not buy it when it was just a year ago 50ish dollars.

spiritedenergy
Apr 23rd, 2009, 11:14 PM

No Ajdes for Ana?:p

I love how Serena trashes everyone:lol: Will this game be available for PC? I have no idea what WII, 360 etc. are:angel:

Havok
Apr 24th, 2009, 12:41 AM
WOW that's just a huge slap in the face to the WTA Tour. Apart from the fact that there are 478439283 men in the game and like 5 women, the list is amazing!

Get rid of Hewitt, Cash and Stich and add Seles, Graf, Hingis, Jankovic and Safina! The disparity between the amount of men and women in this game is disgusting.:o

manutoo
Apr 24th, 2009, 12:45 AM
It's not EA's fault :shrug: They know the women wont make them money.

DragonFlame
Apr 24th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Aaahhhh justine is in it. Thank you. :worship: So gonna buy this game.

Renalicious
Apr 24th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Despite the little number of Women in the game, THIS IS STILL THE BEST WOMEN'S LIST A GAME HAS PRODUCED!!!

I mean, we have SERENA in a game! First time since like 2001 lol. :weirdo:

On top of that, Venus, Maria, Ana, Justine and Lindsay are all in the game and they are all recent slam champions. Literally, all the women are slam champions actually.

But like I said, Jankovic and Safina would be nice.

When does the game come out anyway?

mne22
Apr 24th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Great list. :)

The only issue I have with is it that Safina (Current #1) is missing and also Jankovic is missing...but other than that...it's the best list so far! Oh and also some more women would be nice. But I'm glad they included Justine and Lindsay who are *sort of* active players. (though retired, they do not fall into the same catagory as Nav or Evert)

Once this comes out on PS3, I may play for days ... assuming gameplay isn't a total disaster. That list is sick!!! I am suprised they didn't select Jankovic. They could have advertised her as - see if you can defeat the weakest #1 in women's tennis history or will you be the one to dethrone her & wear the crown yourself. LOL

Jankovic is not a true champion. No slam. Place holder. Bridesmaid.

Boo. No Hingis. FAIL.

:sobbing:

Dave.
Apr 24th, 2009, 03:52 AM
I would have prefered some more female players. They have the established in the men's side but also the young and promising players. I would have liked some of the up and comers in the women's roosters as well

Who did you have in mind? :angel: :p

Despite the little number of Women in the game, THIS IS STILL THE BEST WOMEN'S LIST A GAME HAS PRODUCED!!!

I mean, we have SERENA in a game! First time since like 2001 lol. :weirdo:

On top of that, Venus, Maria, Ana, Justine and Lindsay are all in the game and they are all recent slam champions. Literally, all the women are slam champions actually.

But like I said, Jankovic and Safina would be nice.

When does the game come out anyway?

Serena is in SCT2 which I think was 2003 or 2004. That had her, Henin/Clijsters/Mauresmo/Davenport/Capriati/Hantuchova/Kournikova which IMO is the best women's lineup any game has had. The only one they surprisingly left out was Venus.

I like this lineup even though there could be more of them. I will have to get it now that Lindsay's in it. :bounce:

tennisvideos
Apr 24th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Love the roster. It will be great to finally have a tennis game where you can play legends against other legends.

The future looks bright, imagine when they add players such as Goolagong, Graf, Seles, Court, Bueno and Durr to the mix!!!

As for best womens roster ever, I don't think so. The PAL WTA Tour game had most of the top 50 players in it, and as you can see by the massive thread that is still going that it is definately one of the most popular tennis games ever, esp the great realistic world tour it had. It has Serena, Venus, Justine, Lindsay, Monica, Capriati, Graf, Navratilova, Sanchez etc. And all very faithful to their styles.

Still, I love this roster and will enjoy playing the mens and womens if the gameplay is good. Hopeful of a good world tour as well. :)

eugreene2
Apr 24th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Love the roster. It will be great to finally have a tennis game where you can play legends against other legends.

The future looks bright, imagine when they add players such as Goolagong, Graf, Seles, Court, Bueno and Durr to the mix!!!

As for best womens roster ever, I don't think so. The PAL WTA Tour game had most of the top 50 players in it, and as you can see by the massive thread that is still going that it is definately one of the most popular tennis games ever, esp the great realistic world tour it had. It has Serena, Venus, Justine, Lindsay, Monica, Capriati, Graf, Navratilova, Sanchez etc. And all very faithful to their styles.

Still, I love this roster and will enjoy playing the mens and womens if the gameplay is good. Hopeful of a good world tour as well. :)

But that game wasnt available to USA

tennisvideos
Apr 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM
But that game wasnt available to USA

I know that ... but there are still 100s of countries (with millions of people) where it was available so lots of people still got to play it. And I know of a number of people in the USA who did get converters added to their PS2 especially so they could play this game.

Anyway, back on topic, I am VERY HAPPY with the roster in this game. I have a wii, xbox 360 and the PS3 so I am looking forward to the two main versions of the game. I also love the look of the graphics for the wii. I think the characters look very cute.

MakarovaFan
Apr 24th, 2009, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Dave.;15480356]Who did you have in mind? :angel: :p

Easy Azarenka,Wozniacki,Safina(yet to win a slam and she's young so she counts)Jankovic......I mean the men got Murray,Tsonga and Nishikori(!!) for future stars

Adal
Apr 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
PS3 And 360 Grand Slam Tennis Details

Executive producer and vice president of EA Sports, David McCarthy, has told IncGamers consoles gamers can expect a Grand Slam Tennis title soon.

In an interview with IncGamers promoting the Wii title, McCarthy said that a Grand Slam Tennis Title for the 360 and PS3 "are in the works".

"You're going to see a title with very deep online functionality in it, you're going to have stunning visuals and levels of realism in it."

And the control mechanic is going to be hauled for the next generation title.

"You're going to see a different control mechanic which is really well suited for the platforms and really plays up the intricacies of the sport, plus you'll see some modes which you'll only find on the Xbox and PS3."

McCarthy says we can expect to see the 360 and PS3 title out before the end of the year, but the focus is on the launch of the Wii title.

We'll have our hands-on preview of the title soon, as well as the full interview, so make sure you keep checking back for more information.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/16126/PS3-And-360-Grand-Slam-Tennis-Details

Ciarán
Apr 28th, 2009, 05:36 PM
:clap2:

Christinawww
Apr 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Who did you have in mind? :angel: :p

Easy Azarenka,Wozniacki,Safina(yet to win a slam and she's young so she counts)Jankovic......I mean the men got Murray,Tsonga and Nishikori(!!) for future stars

yup. If the men gets Nishikori, then the women should get Caro. Like always the game has way more male players than female players, and not really any of my faves.

2Black
Apr 28th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Great thinking EA ... the Japanese guy will help sell the title. Are the chinese girls allowed to be in games ... Jet Li would help sell it on the women's side

Havok
Apr 29th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I can't wait to see the first pictures of EA's Grand Slam Tennis on the 360/PS3. I bet the graphics will be :drool::drool:.

Shafanovic.
Jun 7th, 2009, 12:42 AM
For the Australians.

on the EB games website, it says that EA tennis on Wii and the Motion plus is out on Tuesday the 9th. Which means. 2 days from now.

Although they're releasing a bundle on the 18th. =="

Here (http://www.ebgames.com.au/wii/product.cfm?id=14295&refer=smallhero)

tennisvideos
Jun 7th, 2009, 12:32 PM
For the Australians.

on the EB games website, it says that EA tennis on Wii and the Motion plus is out on Tuesday the 9th. Which means. 2 days from now.

Although they're releasing a bundle on the 18th. =="

Here (http://www.ebgames.com.au/wii/product.cfm?id=14295&refer=smallhero)

Yes I am very excited about this game and will be heading in just before lunch on Tuesday to the local EB Games shop. :) I also can't wait for the 360 and PS3 release later this year :)

youizahoe
Jun 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
In europe it'll come out on 12th of june... Wii motion plus adapter + EA tennis = retail price of €59.

Shafanovic.
Jun 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM
My friend told me that he called EB games and they said that it's supposed to be released today but was delayed because it's public holiday :(

The 2nd Law
Jun 8th, 2009, 12:32 PM
So would you guys reccomend this game over Virtua Tennis 09?

tennisvideos
Jun 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
So would you guys reccomend this game over Virtua Tennis 09?

Well I am much more excited about this game than VT 2009. I have never been a fan of the VT serires, much preferring the Smash Court tennis and Top Spin editions as they have been more challenging and realistic IMO. I can't wait for this one (tomorrow yeah!) and also the xbox 360 and PS3 versions later in the year! :bounce:

I love the look of this Wii version, and all the wonderful legends in the game, esp Evert & Navratilova as well as Borg & McEnroe etc. :worship:

The 2nd Law
Jun 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Well I am much more excited about this game than VT 2009. I have never been a fan of the VT serires, much preferring the Smash Court tennis and Top Spin editions as they have been more challenging and realistic IMO. I can't wait for this one (tomorrow yeah!) and also the xbox 360 and PS3 versions later in the year! :bounce:

I love the look of this Wii version, and all the wonderful legends in the game, esp Evert & Navratilova as well as Borg & McEnroe etc. :worship:

Well, thanks to this thread, I am sold!
And it's out tommorow, perfect :drool:

Renalicious
Jun 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
:drool: Can't wait.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 8th, 2009, 07:43 PM
When does this come out in North America again?

2Black
Jun 8th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Meanwhile, I wait 6 more months for the PS3 version. I really hope they do it right ... The US has never gotten a seriously great tennis video game.

Havok
Jun 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I think the PS3/360 version will be bigger AND better. The capabilities on either machine far outweigh that of the Wii so get ready for an entirely new EA Grand Slam tennis game!:drool: Can't wait for the first news and videos/photos of the next gen version.:banana:

duhcity
Jun 9th, 2009, 10:12 PM
I think the PS3/360 version will be bigger AND better. The capabilities on either machine far outweigh that of the Wii so get ready for an entirely new EA Grand Slam tennis game!:drool: Can't wait for the first news and videos/photos of the next gen version.:banana:

But there are already several decent tennis games on those systems, with amazing graphics.
Grand Slam tennis only is huge for the Wii because it's the first decent looking tennis game for the wii, after the hot mess of top spin 3.

So anyway, I stopped by Gamestop today to buy some Nintendo DS games. Lo and Behold, I saw Virtua Tennis for the GBA at a low price of 2.99, so I very quickly snatched that up. Anyone ever play it?

I would be playing that now, but while I was there the guy put up Grand Slam Tennis, which I did not know came out today.
Had to buy that too, and decided to add a Wii Motion Plus.

Total: 81 dollars. Gonna go play now and see if it was worth it.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I DL'd Rafa Nadal Tennis last night for my iphone for 99 cents :eek:. I havn't played it much yet, but i was wondering what other posters opinions were of the game ?? :D:bounce:

eugreene2
Jun 9th, 2009, 10:58 PM
EA Grand Slam Tennis (New Gen) cant get here fast enough.

tennisvideos
Jun 9th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I picked up EA GST yesterday and had a game with one of my friends last night. We tried it without motion plus to start with and it was fun. But after he left I decided to try out motion plus and I enjoyed it more. Plus then I decided to use the numchuk as well for controlling my player and it was even better. I think it will take quite a while to really get used to it but I love the fact that it will be challenging. I only played a little as it was late. I created a player (Francoise Durr) and took on Chris Evert on easy and I lost LOL. So I know this will be a challenging game I will enjoy as time goes by.

That's all I can comment on at the moment as too busy to play again at the moment. But I love the cute cartoony graphics and I love that you have to swing and you can make lots of errors if you don't time the ball right! :)

Ciarán
Jun 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Cool :D
Thanks for info :hug:

Ciarán
Jun 9th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Cool :D
Thanks for info :hug:

Havok
Jun 9th, 2009, 11:45 PM
But there are already several decent tennis games on those systems, with amazing graphics.
Grand Slam tennis only is huge for the Wii because it's the first decent looking tennis game for the wii, after the hot mess of top spin 3.

So anyway, I stopped by Gamestop today to buy some Nintendo DS games. Lo and Behold, I saw Virtua Tennis for the GBA at a low price of 2.99, so I very quickly snatched that up. Anyone ever play it?

I would be playing that now, but while I was there the guy put up Grand Slam Tennis, which I did not know came out today.
Had to buy that too, and decided to add a Wii Motion Plus.

Total: 81 dollars. Gonna go play now and see if it was worth it.

Please take a look at the graphics EA has created for Fight Night Round 4. They have said that the graphics for GST on PS3/360 will be akin to that video game. Some od the best graphics I have ever seen for a sports video game!

duhcity
Jun 10th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Please take a look at the graphics EA has created for Fight Night Round 4. They have said that the graphics for GST on PS3/360 will be akin to that video game. Some od the best graphics I have ever seen for a sports video game!

To be honest though, i'd prefer decent gameplay over great graphics. EA usually makes good games, but im just saying that GST for the Wii is a bigger deal because it's pretty much the only good tennis game.

Anyway, so played a little bit of GST.
Holy Shit. It is hard. I'm not loving MotionPlus so far. Maybe it's not as good as everyone thought it was, or maybe it's because I apparently move my hands around a lot during gameplay without realizing it.

It's pretty hard, and i'm struggling on easy. I find it pretty hard to do a flat shot, and the backhand is a little awkward also.

I also hate that if I flick my arm just a little while im running to a ball, the game will recognize that as my shot attempt

ETA: I love the game. my review sounds a little negative, but its really quite enjoyable, and is a challenge.

I thought the World Tour kinda sucked, cause theres only the four slams but I realized winning all 4 slams in one year in Hard Mode is going to be a HUGE bitch.

V's a star
Jun 10th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Can anyone give me the lowdown on the best tennis games for 360? Im thinking of finally getting a xbox and sum tennis games.
Virtua tennis 3 looks good??

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2009, 03:32 AM
^^^
All you need is Topspin 3. It is by far the best tennis game available. Virtua Tennis 3 was good fun but VT2009 sucks.

Renalicious
Jun 10th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Can anyone give me the lowdown on the best tennis games for 360? Im thinking of finally getting a xbox and sum tennis games.
Virtua tennis 3 looks good??

My ultimate favorite tennis game is Top Spin 2, and I still regularly play it today. It's the funnest, most fluid and enjoyable tennis game to play out there. I would rate it a 10 out of 10 for pure fun factor.

TS3 is okay but there's wayyyy too many annoying things that happen for me to like it. I rate it a 6/10.

VT3 and the VT series in general is very one-dimensional and can only last you about a month of enjoyment before you realise how boring it is...

Adrian1092
Jun 10th, 2009, 09:06 AM
In VT2009 does playing doubles increase your ranking? Thanks

DragonFlame
Jun 10th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Oewh this game is almost out!!! Can't wait! ^^

Ciarán
Jun 10th, 2009, 10:01 AM
In VT2009 does playing doubles increase your ranking? Thanks

Play doubles & singles it will raise you up intervals of 3, 4 & 5.

lilimi
Jun 10th, 2009, 10:33 AM
i'm not a video games addict I play 2 hours a week maximum, but i love top spin 3 (xbox360).
the game play is a bit difficult in the beginning (you have to think before hitting!) but really interesting!
week points :
-) the practice : there's no little games like in the previous one, just a top spin school (can you train with the player you've created?)
-) there's no coach and mail system like in Top Spin2
-) you don't lift the cup at the end of the tournament.
-) there's no Ana nor Nadal (i think nadal is on PS3 version)
-) sharapova's shrieks sound human :eek::lol:

but concerning the matches, it's a great simulation, and i own sharapova :lol:

thetennistimes
Jun 10th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Im looking forward to playing some of these games. I need Microsoft and Wii to send me some games to review

duhcity
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Sigh
Im such a choker.
I played someone online, and the matches are best of 3 games with tie breaks.
I led 2-0, served for it at 2-1, went down 4-0 in the tiebreak, then when up 6-5 in the tiebreak, before losing it 8-6

Shafanovic.
Jun 11th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Well I played with my sister yesterday.

Me as Masha and her as Ana

I won 6-7(10-12) 6-4 6-4

I'm a fucking choker. Had 6 SPs in that tiebreak. Led 4-0 in the second and 5-1 in the third. But a win is a win.

I played against Venus on grass and won 6-4 2-6 6-4
And against Justine on clay 3-6 6-3 6-1

My elbows hurt after that last match. Every point was literally 20 strokes long. I love how this game is realistic and hard. I played on Medium without the wii motion plus.

eck
Jun 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM
It's hard to beat Justine after all :p
I've been playing doubles though, it's difficult to control

Shafanovic.
Jun 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Far out it is. And they got it right. Like when I played Venus, her forehand made SO much more errors than her backhand which is consistent overall...

:inlove: love the game

Renalicious
Jun 11th, 2009, 01:47 PM
SO hard and everything is surprisingly realistic, like for example the motion of Nadal's forehand and how it lasso's.

eck
Jun 11th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Far out it is. And they got it right. Like when I played Venus, her forehand made SO much more errors than her backhand which is consistent overall...

:inlove: love the game

Is this EA Tennis?
Wii?

youizahoe
Jun 11th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I was on a 3 set roll against ciaran, untill my stupid partner started making mistakes and we lost the match while having MP :o What an epic match :(

Ciarán
Jun 11th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I was on a 3 set roll against ciaran, untill my stupid partner started making mistakes and we lost the match while having MP :o What an epic match :(

That was VT2009 :spit:

Glenn lost after being 6-0, 1-0 up :rolls:

Final score 0-6, 6-1, 7-6(3) :smoke:

Ryan
Jun 11th, 2009, 03:19 PM
That was VT2009 :spit:

Glenn lost after being 6-0, 1-0 up :rolls:

Final score 0-6, 6-1, 7-6(3) :smoke:

:lol: Epicfail Glenn. ;)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM
I saw a video of someone playing as Nadal in EA GST and Nadal was playing with his right hand. Is there a way of changing that in the game options. So even if you're hitting shots right handed the computer character will be playing them left handed.

Havok
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
It depnds on how you hold the wii remote in your hand it will switch to the same hand in the game itself

tennisvideos
Jun 13th, 2009, 11:51 AM
This game is lots of fun (EA Tennis). I just played a Mixed Doubles Borg (me) /Navratilova lost to McEnroe / Evert 2-4. Lots of great rallies and some quick points too. Had it on hard mode. Great fun! I also played as Pat Cash against Stephan Edberg and that was fun too although I got my butt kicked in that. Medium level. My friend is going to buy this game and have practise with it and then challenge me to singles when he is back here in 2 weeks. :)

Ciarán
Jun 13th, 2009, 11:59 AM
I love this game. It's so challenging :hearts:
Only complaint is line calling can be a bit dodgy.

Brandy02
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Top Spin has come a long way and I am looking forward to getting into this new one, well, I know it's already a year old, I'm just a bit slow. Still love playing the old XBox version though with the kids.

Ciarán
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Top Spin has come a long way and I am looking forward to getting into this new one, well, I know it's already a year old, I'm just a bit slow. Still love playing the old XBox version though with the kids.

Top Spin 3 is great. Very challenging :D

Oizo
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:23 PM
This game is lots of fun (EA Tennis). I just played a Mixed Doubles Borg (me) /Navratilova lost to McEnroe / Evert 2-4. Lots of great rallies and some quick points too. Had it on hard mode. Great fun! I also played as Pat Cash against Stephan Edberg and that was fun too although I got my butt kicked in that. Medium level. My friend is going to buy this game and have practise with it and then challenge me to singles when he is back here in 2 weeks. :)

Sounds great Craig :D Is it only for X-Box, right?

Ciarán
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Sounds great Craig :D Is it only for X-Box, right?

Only for Wii ATM.
Xbox & PS3 versions will be released later this year.

Oizo
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Ah great. I will wait until then :yippee:

tennisvideos
Jun 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Ah great. I will wait until then :yippee:

That's right Oizo. It will be coming out on xbox 360 and ps3 in november I think. And I can't wait for the 360 version as I adore this wii version but I have a feeling the versions and tour on the 360 and ps3 will be even better. i love the cute graphics and fun and challenging gameplay.

watchdogfish
Jun 13th, 2009, 01:53 PM
^have you played it with the motion plus accessory?

My copy of GST and the wii motion plus came through the post this morning, can't wait to try it out when I get home :D Top Spin 3 could've been so much better on the wii so hopefully GST will make up for it!

tennisvideos
Jun 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
^have you played it with the motion plus accessory?

My copy of GST and the wii motion plus came through the post this morning, can't wait to try it out when I get home :D Top Spin 3 could've been so much better on the wii so hopefully GST will make up for it!

Yes I play with Motion Plus and the numchuck so I am in total control. I still haven't mastered the down the line shot much - it's so much easier to hit cross court. But doubles is fun too as you can stay back but often you can have great success at the net which is fun.

Renalicious
Jun 13th, 2009, 02:39 PM
How much better is it with the Wii Motionplus? I don't have it and am considering to get one.

tennisvideos
Jun 13th, 2009, 03:35 PM
How much better is it with the Wii Motionplus? I don't have it and am considering to get one.

I will have to try it without the motion plus again tomorrow to make a comparison. I am now getting used to making down the line shots which helps to open up the court when you have your opponent wide on the other side. But you have to time it right so you don't hit late and wide. I have even made a few nice inside out drives down the line that sort of slice wider as it goes. It's fun.

Marionated
Jun 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
This game is so challenging on hard mode compared to top spin 3. I lost 60 60 to Serena :spit: I agree with you about the line calling, Ciaran. This game is quite straining on the arm, but I am enjoying it so far.

Renalicious
Jun 13th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I will have to try it without the motion plus again tomorrow to make a comparison. I am now getting used to making down the line shots which helps to open up the court when you have your opponent wide on the other side. But you have to time it right so you don't hit late and wide. I have even made a few nice inside out drives down the line that sort of slice wider as it goes. It's fun.

Okay. :)

By the sounds of it, using without the Motion+ is easier...I won 6-2 6-4 against Lindsay Davenport and 0-6, 6-3, 6-2 against Chris Evert, both on hard mode.

Shafanovic.
Jun 14th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I broke a Wiimote because I was angry at losing 2-4 to Ree.

duhcity
Jun 14th, 2009, 01:10 AM
I definitely love it with the Motion Plus.

It's a lot easier to hit down the line and inside out shots with it.

The game is a bit simple now that i've gotten used to it. I cant exactly beat down top players, but it's not a challenge to win as it was in the beginning. I find myself slicing a bit too much, but its just the way I play I guess.
I've been turning to mostly online for challenges, but I HATE people disconnecting when they lose, thus me just wasting my time.

Also, the net play is ridiculous. Online, pretty much everyone volleys because its a simple and easy win points. But I LOVE passing and lobbing them

ps+ Lindsay is the best female to use online, as she's the only woman with a gold level skill. It's odd.

Shafanovic.
Jun 14th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I can't play it with the WiiMotion plus everytime I do a take back it swings :weirdo:

duhcity
Jun 14th, 2009, 01:14 AM
dont do a large take back.

Once you get used to it, you can hit flashier winners

Justin SW
Jun 14th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Whenever I play online I only get loosers who have time to spend and dont even know how to play. i end up winning everytime. I think my record is like 22-2 :o . The Hard difficulty level is insane :kiss: Lost to Navratilova 6-0 6-0 :eek:. Anyways love the Wii Motion Plus experience. I think it is so much better for shot precision and accuracy. I'm looking forward to the XBOX version as well with hopefully many courts for slam (just like for the WII) and other as well. Also a complete Carrer Mode. I dont understand why they never have complete career mode on wii :ras:

Justin SW
Jun 14th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I can't play it with the WiiMotion plus everytime I do a take back it swings :weirdo:

Yeah this is all about the wrist. Have a look at the video of the game producer he explains how to it. The video is on the game microsite :)

duhcity
Jun 14th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Whenever I play online I only get loosers who have time to spend and dont even know how to play. i end up winning everytime. I think my record is like 22-2 :o . The Hard difficulty level is insane :kiss: Lost to Navratilova 6-0 6-0 :eek:. Anyways love the Wii Motion Plus experience. I think it is so much better for shot precision and accuracy. I'm looking forward to the XBOX version as well with hopefully many courts for slam (just like for the WII) and other as well. Also a complete Carrer Mode. I dont understand why they never have complete career mode on wii :ras:

It's probably pretty expensive to license all of them, and this is really the first major tennis game that's actually decent, and I don't think they want to take too many risks

Havok
Jun 14th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Extremely tempted to buy a Wii just for this game, but will hold back. I know I won't be playing anything else but this game on the Wii so no use in spending all that money. Virtua Tennis 2009 will just have to keep my tennis fix going until November when the PS3/360 version comes out.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 14th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Smash Court Tennis 3 >>>

~{X}~
Jun 14th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Extremely tempted to buy a Wii just for this game, but will hold back. I know I won't be playing anything else but this game on the Wii so no use in spending all that money. Virtua Tennis 2009 will just have to keep my tennis fix going until November when the PS3/360 version comes out.

You mean December. :)

I think the date is December 30th, so almost January. :lol:

Havok
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Smash Court Tennis 3 >>>

Eww you liked that piece of shit game?? They made the 2nd so much better than the 1st, but their 3rd installment totally went the wrong way imo.:help:

Marionated
Jun 14th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I'll have to buy the motion plus control. It sounds like so much fun.

duhcity
Jun 14th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Beat Serena with Maria on clay 7-5, 2-6, 6-4.

It was a breakfest. 9/10 games in the last set were breaks.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Eww you liked that piece of shit game?? They made the 2nd so much better than the 1st, but their 3rd installment totally went the wrong way imo.:help:
It's fun on exhibition/arcade with the right matchups, I think. It's so similar to the previous ones that it's hard to even say it went a different direction. :unsure: It's still all about timing, they just added the power gauge with how long you hold the button down. :shrug: The rest of it is pretty loyal to the previous versions, with minor changes.

The World Tour/Create a player is crap though, I couldn't get 5 minutes into it without taking a nap. My "blonde" Dokic had salt and pepper hair too, for some reason. Messed up.

eck
Jun 16th, 2009, 05:40 AM
OK so I just got the game...WHEN DO I STOP PRACTISING?

Shafanovic.
Jun 16th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Just press the (+) button and quit :lol:

I was practicing for a bit before realising I need to quit it myself.

eck
Jun 16th, 2009, 05:49 AM
I keep pressing it but it doesn't seem to work :o

Shafanovic.
Jun 16th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Can't help you there. Sorry :sobbing:

eck
Jun 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
:spit: I had to take the battery out the WiiMote just to get the menu :lol:

Thanks anyways :D

Avid Merrion
Jun 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
This game is so challenging on hard mode compared to top spin 3. I lost 60 60 to Serena :spit: I agree with you about the line calling, Ciaran. This game is quite straining on the arm, but I am enjoying it so far.

:lol: tell me about it! i got the game and the Wii Motion Plus yesterday and i can barely move my arm today! :o good fun though :D

Junzilla69
Jun 19th, 2009, 08:23 PM
So when are we gonna have an EA GST tournament up on here?

DragonFlame
Jun 20th, 2009, 01:03 AM
ea grand slam tennis is soooo good. I bought it on wednesday, A-D-D-I-C-T-E-D.

A tip for you guys: the most enjoyable way to play. loads and loads of TOPSPIN.

Try playing with Nadal on clay and hit a topspin ball. :eek: The sound and the strength and accuracy of that stroke is amazing. I was literally screaming at my tv after making topspin winners with nadal.

On hardmode it's rediculously difficult though! I was playing with nadal against henin, so so tough. Henin was hitting backhands down the line like 2 every game. :lol: Such fun.

1 more thing about this game to say why it's so good: the difference of playing style with surfaces. Amazingly done! There's such a big difference.

AO: i feel this is 'normal' play. It's the easiest court to practice on.
RG: The slides for movement are great and topspin balls are literally hitting the ceiling.
W: Topspin is more neutralised, balls hit better through the court and especially slice has a big boost.
UO: the courts are so FAST! 0_0 It's hard to keep up.

Renalicious
Jun 20th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Hard mode is so fun. I've never lost on hard mode but I have done several times on Medium mode, which is weird.

Playing at RG is the hardest, you lose your footing so many times. :lol:

Anyway, how much better is it with the Wii Motion Plus? I'm thinking about getting it.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 20th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I love this game. It's so challenging :hearts:
Only complaint is line calling can be a bit dodgy.

Just like in real Tennis! :lol:;)

canuckfan
Jun 20th, 2009, 02:57 AM
About GST, how is the career mode? Is it only the four grand slams or you can also play small tournaments/challengers?

Havok
Jun 20th, 2009, 04:17 AM
So I bought Virtua Tennis 2009 and what a GARBAGE game. Seeing all those youtube videos of GST is making me fall even more in love with this video game! Reviewers are slagging it because the controls have a very steep learning curve but they are just little bitches who can't overcome some hard times in order to master controls.:p

~{X}~
Jun 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Can't wait for GST to come out on XBOX 360!!!!!

Pebbles
Jun 21st, 2009, 07:55 PM
It's fun on exhibition/arcade with the right matchups, I think. It's so similar to the previous ones that it's hard to even say it went a different direction. :unsure: It's still all about timing, they just added the power gauge with how long you hold the button down. :shrug: The rest of it is pretty loyal to the previous versions, with minor changes.

The World Tour/Create a player is crap though, I couldn't get 5 minutes into it without taking a nap. My "blonde" Dokic had salt and pepper hair too, for some reason. Messed up.
OMG I thought only I had had this hair problem :lol: Apart from that minor glitch, I still love the game.

Renalicious
Jun 22nd, 2009, 02:44 AM
SMC3 is just so ... bland. And it's not fun unless you play it with someone else. :tape:

Adal
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM
'The Williams sisters look absolutely amazing in our game. Exciting to have women pro sports stars in Grand Slam Tennis PS3/X360'

I'm excited!

Pebbles
Jun 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
:sobbing: I can't wait any longer..
Hopefully we'll get some screenshots or a full line-up by the end of next month :)

Ciarán
Jun 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM
^^
Me too :sad:

Pebbles
Jul 1st, 2009, 09:00 PM
According to Amazon, EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis is released on September 25th 2009, but I don't know what to believe :l

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001V7RK4K/ref=s9_simz_gw_s0_p63_t1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=15H2NX89YVCN0B0RXM8M&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
In Grand Slam Tennis for Wii, can I do dropshots, lobs, slices and topspin shots with the Wii Motion Plus? Or is it just normal flat shots?

50Sense
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Bad News :-(

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1010722p1.html

August 4, 2009 - Earlier today in an EA Sports financial call today, Peter Moore let loose the news that Grand Slam Tennis – featuring John McEnroe, Pete Sampras and Bjorn Borg – has been delayed indefinitely. EA Sports has issued the following statement about the delay.

"We're pleased with the product quality and sales for Grand Slam Tennis on Wii and it's been obvious to us that the sport of tennis is best captured in a videogame when leveraging motion control and we are moving development resources from our tennis team to our EA Sports Active franchise. We believe this is a good swap and expect this decision to yield positive results."

So there you have it, it looks like Grand Slam Tennis is being re-worked to jump on the motion control bandwagon. Sound off with your feeling in the comments section.

Havok
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah just read that too. I would much rather play a sports game with a friggin controler and not with motion control. If I want that, I'd go out and purchase a Wii but I don't.

50Sense
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Does Xbox360 already have some sort of motion control system? Either way, I don't want it :-(

yukon145
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:40 AM
noooooooo. i hate Wii graphics and was reall looking forward to it on 360.

Ciarán
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
OMG :o

Renalicious
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:00 PM
NOOOO. :o :o Urgh.

BartoliBabes
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:04 PM
if they do this i'm not buying it:o

wales1994
Aug 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
i don't get it :confused: so it's just going to be the Wii version + graphics but for the PS3? :help:

Fired
Aug 6th, 2009, 06:47 PM
i don't get it :confused: so it's just going to be the Wii version + graphics but for the PS3? :help:As far as I understand the game is not coming out for PS360 anytime soon. EA wants to focus on Wii and it's games.

youizahoe
Aug 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Okay they can't delay it that long, the patent for all courts is just valid for 2 years. But it might end up coming out after project Natal (which will be out in end 2010.

Temporary0369
Aug 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Uhm that quote doesn't sound like they're delaying it to implement motion control onto the PS3 and XBox 360 versions. It sounds like they're scrapping them altogether. They're taking their EA tennis team and reallocating them. That would suggest that they have reprioritized after the dismal Wii sales. It's kind of humorous that they say it's obvious to them that tennis is best captured via motion control when sales for every single tennis franchise seems to suggest otherwise.

Very disappointed. Virtua Tennis is terrible, Top Spin 3 is frustrating because of balance issues, and I'm not buying a 360 for Smash Court. Sigh.

John.
Aug 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Well that's just boohockey :(

toxina90
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:52 PM
:rolleyes: Well I liked Top Spin 3, didn't have the patience for the new Virtua, although I might go back to it, but since my PS3 is now broke it makes no difference, I will end up going back to the best tennis game IMO Smash Court 2 :bounce:

:wavey:

youizahoe
Aug 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Uhm that quote doesn't sound like they're delaying it to implement motion control onto the PS3 and XBox 360 versions. It sounds like they're scrapping them altogether. They're taking their EA tennis team and reallocating them. That would suggest that they have reprioritized after the dismal Wii sales. It's kind of humorous that they say it's obvious to them that tennis is best captured via motion control when sales for every single tennis franchise seems to suggest otherwise.

Very disappointed. Virtua Tennis is terrible, Top Spin 3 is frustrating because of balance issues, and I'm not buying a 360 for Smash Court. Sigh.

Most likely it's delayed for the motion controllers that will come out for xbox and ps3. Why would they scrape it on xbox 360, the biggest console platform there is? If they scraped the wii or ps3 version that would be more logical.

Andy.
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:01 PM
So does this mean we wont be able to play it with a normal controller when it eventually comes out?

youizahoe
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:11 PM
It depends, the delay looks quite hinting at project natal and ps3's roller-motion. If it was a software - game issue/bug/thing, it wouldn't have said indefinitely, they would have said, not finished or like a delay of a few months :)

fnuf7
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I got Wii Grand Slam tennis a couple of weeks ago, loving it so far, though since I've got a hang of hitting the various shots I'm now finding it quite easy even though the setting is on medium...I destroyed Maria the other day 6-0 6-0 :tape:

Havok
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:33 PM

True, but the fact that they moved their GST team to develope other motion controlled games, you have to sense that they are waiting for 360's Natal and PS3's motion controller to ignite the fire again for the 360/PS3 Grand Slam Tennis.

Speaking of this game, my sister wanted the Wii fit, so I now own GST. Yay.:bounce:

Havok
Aug 7th, 2009, 01:39 AM
PLayed a little Grand Slam Tennis, was hitting errors left and right, but loved every minute of it!:drool:

Temporary0369
Aug 7th, 2009, 01:44 AM
True, but the fact that they moved their GST team to develope other motion controlled games, you have to sense that they are waiting for 360's Natal and PS3's motion controller to ignite the fire again for the 360/PS3 Grand Slam Tennis.

Speaking of this game, my sister wanted the Wii fit, so I now own GST. Yay.:bounce:

It's possible. Hopefully I'm wrong. But Grand Slam Tennis was supposed to be a fairly big game and didn't even rank in the top 20 of console sales. The fact that they pulled people off of their EA tennis team to work on something else shortly after seeing the sales for their first tennis effort is suspicious.

Caralenko
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Personally, I have been disappointed with every career mode since Top Spin 2 :sobbing: I miss having a rival, and a fan club, and a sponsor that actually did something. Virtua Tennis has really just become a repition, and Top Spin 3 rocked my socks with its gameplay, but I was a bit disappointed with the career mode.

If you're ever searching for a fully engulfing career mode, you'll love Top Spin 2. If they had kept TS2's career style with TS3's play, you'd have the ultimate game, in my opinion. :p

Andy.
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Personally, I have been disappointed with every career mode since Top Spin 2 :sobbing: I miss having a rival, and a fan club, and a sponsor that actually did something. Virtua Tennis has really just become a repition, and Top Spin 3 rocked my socks with its gameplay, but I was a bit disappointed with the career mode.

If you're ever searching for a fully engulfing career mode, you'll love Top Spin 2. If they had kept TS2's career style with TS3's play, you'd have the ultimate game, in my opinion. :p
Except that you couldnt play against created players or use a created player against another created player.

Caralenko
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Well, that's pretty much always been a problem with the Top Spin games. I was sure there was a hack somewhere in the depths of the internet that allowed you to do it if you had TS2 on PC, but alas I have them all on xbox.

Havok
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:27 AM
It's possible. Hopefully I'm wrong. But Grand Slam Tennis was supposed to be a fairly big game and didn't even rank in the top 20 of console sales. The fact that they pulled people off of their EA tennis team to work on something else shortly after seeing the sales for their first tennis effort is suspicious.
Yup. Though I highly doubt somebody like EA, who has mastered the art of sports videogames, will drop a potential title before trying it out on the 360/PS3. Wii versions of games are, for the most part, "dumbed down" due to the fact that they cannot produce the same graphics quality as their rival consoles.

Daniel K
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:59 AM
It sounds like they're scrapping it all together by that statement. They're taking the people who were producing the game for PS3/360 and moving them to produce other games. If that's true I'm devastated :sad:

Andy.
Aug 7th, 2009, 03:20 AM
OMG I was so looking foreward to that game :sad:

tennisvideos
Aug 7th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I am very disappointed too as I really want to play Grand Slam Tennis with controllers rather than motion plus. I prefer to press buttons myself. I might go back to Smash Court Tennis 3 and Top Spin 3.

dynamoRockstarr
Dec 2nd, 2009, 01:12 AM
I really wanted this game for the XBOX 360 :(

Havok
Dec 2nd, 2009, 01:29 AM
It's still coming out for the 360 & PS3 but was put on hold. There was an article about it on IGN.com but can't find it. Anyways it said that their controls were pretty shit and it's a good thing this game wasn't coming to the market this year because it needed much fixing. Anyways they are trying to apply the same control scheme to this game as they did to their NHL series via using both a anolg sticks. The left one controles movement and ball placement while the right one controls what type of shot being hit; moving it down and straight up was a flat shot, down to up curving the stick counterclockwise produced a topspin shot while counterclockwise produced a slice. That was for right handed players, while the opposite will be used for left handers. They didn't mention much about the "Season" mode but did say you can play other tournaments in addition to the Slams while trying to attain the #1 rank. No word on if these other events are real or fictitious. Also the roster will remain the same as the Wii version, while McEnroe will be joining the commentating booth with Cash for the new version of the game. That's all the info I know of.:shrug:

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 2nd, 2009, 03:35 AM
Commentators in a tennis game :eek: I'll be shocked if they pull that off. :sobbing:

Havok
Dec 2nd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Commentators in a tennis game :eek: I'll be shocked if they pull that off. :sobbing:

Pat Cash does commentary for EA's Grand Slam Tennis already out on the Wii.:shrug:

It's actually a nice touch, though it gets redundant too quickly in that game. Commentary/announcers are amaze in that game though, really does feel like you are there for a Grand Slam match. They really captured that beautifully, in other tennis games the GS events just seem like any other random tournament.:zzz:

dynamoRockstarr
Dec 2nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
Pat Cash does commentary for EA's Grand Slam Tennis already out on the Wii.:shrug:

It's actually a nice touch, though it gets redundant too quickly in that game. Commentary/announcers are amaze in that game though, really does feel like you are there for a Grand Slam match. They really captured that beautifully, in other tennis games the GS events just seem like any other random tournament.:zzz:

thats very true. so the controls may be the two analog sticks?? i dont think thats a good idea, for a tennis game. idk, seems like they are really thinking wayyy out of the box.

WhatTheDeuce
Dec 2nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
I don't count the Wii :o Unless the games are specifically designed for Wii, they just get shittier versions.
It's actually a nice touch, though it gets redundant too quickly in that game.
That's exactly what I expect from the PS3/Xbox versions. Although to be fair, this is the case for any sports game which includes commentating. The hockey guy is epic though. :hearts:

Fantasy Hero
Dec 2nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
is there any news about any new tennis game (PC hopefully) to be released in 2010?

Jippo McScally
Dec 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
There were commentators in Actua Tennis for the PC, and also Game, Net and Match IIRC. But as has already been said, they got irritation pretty quickly. Especially on GN&M, where they seemed pretty obsessed with the "One - Two punch", even if you didn't actually hit a one - two punch....

Havok
Dec 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
thats very true. so the controls may be the two analog sticks?? i dont think thats a good idea, for a tennis game. idk, seems like they are really thinking wayyy out of the box.

EA knows what their clients want, they will also leave the option of simply using the face buttons if people don't want to use the analog sticks. Much like their EA controls.

Havok
Dec 2nd, 2009, 09:15 PM
I don't count the Wii :o Unless the games are specifically designed for Wii, they just get shittier versions.

That's exactly what I expect from the PS3/Xbox versions. Although to be fair, this is the case for any sports game which includes commentating. The hockey guy is epic though. :hearts:
DEATH neither do I in regards to Wii games. Pure shit.:help:

EA sports NHL games!:drool: Best sports video game franchise ever made. Period.

yukon145
Dec 2nd, 2009, 10:48 PM
glad to hear the EA game for 360 may still be coming, I was really excited about it!

50Sense
Dec 21st, 2009, 03:44 AM
Maybe because it's Christmastime, I'm even more bummed about this game being delayed. Any news? Were any images ever released for the 360/PS3 versions?

Vartan
Dec 21st, 2009, 04:24 AM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/883/883573/top-spin-3-20080623025823565_640w.jpg

Havok
Dec 21st, 2009, 04:24 AM
No, images of the next gen version never surfaced.:(

Havok
Dec 21st, 2009, 04:25 AM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/883/883573/top-spin-3-20080623025823565_640w.jpg

Top Spin 3, stick to the game being discussed (EA Grand Slam Tennis).:p

JJandAna4ever
Dec 21st, 2009, 04:58 AM
I used to think Top Spin 3 wasn't so good. But the more I break it down in terms of real tennis, it really is a great sim (if you cap your stat to a maximum 90 and minimum 40). People were complaining that power baseliners were ruining the game, but that's totally accurate of pro tennis today. I can't think of another tennis game where the spins and variations of different shots are as accurate as top spin 3. (Angled topspin shot actually works like angled topspin, flat shots are actually different, slice are attackable but can throw you off rhythm when placed right). A kick serve is actually a kick serve, and a slice serve actually slices.

The only complaint is that there should be a cap on 2nd serve speed, and the kick serve is soo overpowered. It's extremely hard to break (as it should be);. As of right now, no game has a system to punish players for serving a second serve. I wish they would add that win.

Caralenko
Dec 21st, 2009, 05:04 AM

That's Top Spin 3 :smash:

Renalicious
Dec 21st, 2009, 06:31 AM
:smash:

Renalicious
Dec 21st, 2009, 06:32 AM
:smash:

Pebbles
Mar 14th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Still no news on EA Tennis/GST for 360/PS3? :sad: I saw this but doubt it's any confirmation:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=grand+slam+tennis+xbox+360&oq=&ie=UTF-8&cid=12651612523827958635&ei=XPucS8f2Mcq6jAfKpLCzDA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBMQ8wIwAw#ps-sellers

Certinfy
Mar 14th, 2010, 03:13 PM
The game will be released after the PS Move and Natal are released :o

kaychae
Sep 23rd, 2010, 03:14 AM
It's too bad that they couldn't include the Serbians or Williams.

And why is it they can't get serbians or williams in the game?
Does anybody know?

Is Nadal in the game?