PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Videogames Thread // EA Tennis Xbox360/PS3 version confirmed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

stevos
Jul 18th, 2008, 06:32 AM
It's true.

Who all uses the right stick to serve? I don't.

And is everyone using the LB button (on xbox). The one that lets you sprint back to the middle of the court? I haven't been using it and I feel like it's hurting me.

Anyway I beat Caroline Wozniacki 6-1 on normal with my Serena. I guess that means....nothing? LOL Finally started to actually break serves. :unsure:

starin
Jul 18th, 2008, 07:48 AM
It's true.

Who all uses the right stick to serve? I don't.

And is everyone using the LB button (on xbox). The one that lets you sprint back to the middle of the court? I haven't been using it and I feel like it's hurting me.

Anyway I beat Caroline Wozniacki 6-1 on normal with my Serena. I guess that means....nothing? LOL Finally started to actually break serves. :unsure:

I use it a lot but i think too much cuz once you get going in one direction you can't change directions and people like to hit behind you a lot.

I use the right stick all the time but i'm always hittnig slice serves. if you're not using the right stick then are u hitting risk serves?

stevos
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I use it a lot but i think too much cuz once you get going in one direction you can't change directions and people like to hit behind you a lot.

I use the right stick all the time but i'm always hittnig slice serves. if you're not using the right stick then are u hitting risk serves?

Yeah I basically only hit risk serves. Even on my second serves.
And yes once I started using the LB thing I noticed the other player being able to hit behind me much easier.

tdot.
Jul 18th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Anybody create Djokovic yet?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the cheat!
btw when you're putting it back to what it was go back as far as you can THEN press O. I got like 3000 xp when I maxed out at 70.
Now I've started my career and I'm in Atlanta Challenger right now.
Anyone know how to edit your player's info. Mine has January 1st,1988 and I obviously want to fix it

50Sense
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:32 AM
Just got my 360 and game today!!!

No Name Face
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:39 AM
yay i got another add. if anyone wants to play a full match, hit me up on live. syystemofaden, i haven't said it enough ;)

its so hard to keep a top 200 ranking, you have to play every second

V-MAC
Jul 19th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah I try not to rely on using lb button too much as not only does it increase your opponent's chance of playing behind you, it also sucks up your stamina.

It does seem that not may play the womens' tournaments on xbox live. I was trying for ages today to get a match at any tournament and it was really hard to find any one :o How can you improve your rank if there is no one to play?! :lol:

stevos
Jul 19th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Once my xbox live is going we're playing Dennis.
I can't wait to play you guys. :hearts:
I'll probably get pwned though. That's why I must practice practice practice.

So Disrespectful
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I got sick of Marion, so I gave her a makeover. :lol: I am currently at world number 37.

I'm KillingEva if anyone would like to add me.

V-MAC
Jul 20th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Ok so people have been asking why so few play the womens' tour. Well here is my take on it....the women play completely differant to the men. I mean they seem to be way less developed or something and as result play really sluggishly. I can stand for this as I have created both a male and female character with more or less the same attributes, but my female character responds way more slowly than my male character does!!? I don't understand why this is the case but it is the reason why I spend a lot more time playing with my male character than the female.

Ntour
Jul 20th, 2008, 04:32 AM
^^yeah i know, the women don't play as smooth as the men

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 20th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I finally made a male player that I can try to resemble my face and he's way better than my female player even though it's both 70 and he has less on his powerful shot than the woman (81 to 84)

V-MAC
Jul 20th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I finally made a male player that I can try to resemble my face and he's way better than my female player even though it's both 70 and he has less on his powerful shot than the woman (81 to 84)

Again, this shows up how the women seem to play way below par compared to the men. Strange how the game developers messed this up:o

schorsch
Jul 21st, 2008, 03:46 AM
Uhm, does anyone know when downloadable content will be available for ps3?

No Name Face
Jul 21st, 2008, 04:08 AM
i only have a guy (me) but i'll create a girl soon.

ugh i'm at 149 in the world right now...my highest win ever was 47 in the world, but most top 100 players that i've faced have whipped my ass. i think i need to incorporate more risk shots into my game.

hectopascal
Jul 21st, 2008, 05:55 AM
I've just bought Topspin 3 from JB and can't wait to get into it except I have to finish some assignments first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! "WOOT"!!!!!!!!!!!!

50Sense
Jul 21st, 2008, 06:50 AM
So I decided to play my first online ranked match tonight, although my player is only 50. I drew a 70 rated player and lost the first eight points at which time whoever was on the other side decided that it wasn't worth playing some pathetic newcomer :lol:. He quit the match and got the 100 XP. Oh well.

Oh well, that just motivates me to work harder!

50Sense
Jul 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM
I gotta say, its kind of disheartening to spend hours (upon hours) to build a player and then go online and get wiped off the court by someone who uses nothing but risk shots. Is that really the spirit of the game?

Craigy
Jul 21st, 2008, 07:53 PM
I played my first online match last week with the Serena I created. The person I played against was Borg. I won 3-4 4-3 12-10. :lol:

V-MAC
Jul 21st, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'm currently ranked #80 (or at least I was yesterday) :)

Havok
Jul 21st, 2008, 08:44 PM
I can never find any matches on the WT Tour on the PS3. Even when I try with the men!:sad:

However, there are many raned players so it's not like nobody is playing this game.:lol:

Brooks.
Jul 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
I played my first online match last week with the Serena I created. The person I played against was Borg. I won 3-4 4-3 12-10. :lol:

does your Serena look like her? was it hard to create?

toxina90
Jul 21st, 2008, 09:58 PM
Hi are you guys talking about Topspin 3 online?

I have it for PS3 and last time I checked I was No.1, but it is quite annoying because I have been beaten 4 times this season without stepping on court, because of lost connection or whatever, its just so annoying losing that way.

Also I see lots of people talking about 'power shots', I never use them because I'm afraid of errors, and I've made it to number 1 so you don't really need to use risk shots.

LDF
Jul 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm getting TS3 at last today :banana:

M.S.F
Jul 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Hello :wavey:

I will bought Top Spin 3 for PS3

But when i watch the trailers i felt that the game is very slowly

So does the game really that very slowly ?

Pebbles
Jul 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hey MSF, really, the speed the game is played at depends on the difficulty level and the person playing in those demo's. Remember that the demo's were played by gamers who picked up the game for a few hours and didn't master it yet. As soon as you get used to it and get going, it is a very realistic pace ;]

M.S.F
Jul 24th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Hey MSF, really, the speed the game is played at depends on the difficulty level and the person playing in those demo's. Remember that the demo's were played by gamers who picked up the game for a few hours and didn't master it yet. As soon as you get used to it and get going, it is a very realistic pace ;]

Thanks, I will bought it :D

Pebbles
Jul 24th, 2008, 06:46 PM
You're welcome! :) You'll love it :D

LDF
Jul 24th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I just got beaten 6-1 6-3 by Seles on very hard mode :spit:

Craigy
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:20 PM
does your Serena look like her? was it hard to create?

I'm really not that good at making them look like the player but you can create in a lot more detail now. I think the more you use it the easier it gets to make the player look similar. You just have to take your time with it I guess.

Adal
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:29 PM
My Serena :bigcry:
http://i35.tinypic.com/307nhpg.png

Mikey.
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:33 PM

omg :bigcry:

starin
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM

it's IndianRena.

LDF
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Adal :spit: :p

Nikkiri
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:42 PM

:crying2:

Adal
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM
My Serena looks amazing :bigcry: Y'all are just jealous :(

M.S.F
Jul 24th, 2008, 08:52 PM
it's IndianRena.

;) :lol:

LDF
Jul 25th, 2008, 01:02 PM
BOO.

Svetlana Kuznetsova [VERY HARD MODE] def. Maria Sharapova [me] 6-4 5-7 7-6(1)

I came back from 4-6 *0-3 for nothing :lol:

The third set was very close but in the tiebreak she just started hitting risk shots on EVERY ball, so I had no chance :shrug:

Not bad I suppose, considering I only got this yesterday.

Medina
Jul 25th, 2008, 01:18 PM
i really am not enjoying top spin 3 on xbox 360 :sad:

eugreene2
Jul 25th, 2008, 01:54 PM

why not? Are you losing or you just dont like the game?

Adal
Jul 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
How long have you been playing it?

LDF
Jul 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Hmm. Wood court + player with 100 in power, FH and BH = defeat.

Lolz.

The Dawntreader
Jul 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I loved the orginal topspin, but it's all gone downhill since in terms of the controls especially. Not the same fluidity as on the first game, and it breaks your thumb trying to hit a hard safe shot:o

I've yet to buy TP3, but having seen clips of it, it looks really clunky and laborious. Would i be right in saying this? :shrug:

Pebbles
Jul 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM
No, not at all! :) I think how much it takes to hit the ball hard depends on the power level of your player, and all the other aspects that effect the game in real life. This is by far the most realistic tennis game once you become decent at it. The learning curve is very detailed and this is perhaps lacking some of the added touches from the Career Mode in TS2, but the game is far better overall :D

The Dawntreader
Jul 25th, 2008, 02:59 PM
No, not at all! :) I think how much it takes to hit the ball hard depends on the power level of your player, and all the other aspects that effect the game in real life. This is by far the most realistic tennis game once you become decent at it. The learning curve is very detailed and this is perhaps lacking some of the added touches from the Career Mode in TS2, but the game is far better overall :D

Oh right, well that report has been most encouraging:D

I just have really bad memories of TS2:o:lol:

Pebbles
Jul 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM
:lol: Me too! But this one is far better, the controls are more responsive and it is not surprising to hit realistic errors, the opponents do too :p

The Dawntreader
Jul 25th, 2008, 03:21 PM
:lol: Me too! But this one is far better, the controls are more responsive and it is not surprising to hit realistic errors, the opponents do too :p

Thank god!:lol:

I'm so going to buy this game:lol:

Pebbles
Jul 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM
:D Be sure to let us know how you find it! ;) Glad to help :p

The Dawntreader
Jul 25th, 2008, 03:24 PM
:D Be sure to let us know how you find it! ;) Glad to help :p

Yeah, i'll report on all my losses:lol:

Thanks for the help Pebbles:D

So Disrespectful
Jul 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM
The most annoying thing happened to me on live. I was playing the number 14 I think, and had about 4 set points. I'd also saved at least 3, but on the last set point against me, the game lagged while i was hitting an easy shot into the open court, causing it to fly long.

Pebbles
Jul 25th, 2008, 03:28 PM
The most annoying thing happened to me on live. I was playing the number 14 I think, and had about 4 set points. I'd also saved at least 3, but on the last set point against me, the game lagged while i was hitting an easy shot into the open court, causing it to fly long.
Grr! Sorry to hear that :fiery:

Pebbles
Jul 25th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, i'll report on all my losses:lol:

Thanks for the help Pebbles:D
:lol: I'm sure you'll do fine :D No problem :bounce:

V-MAC
Jul 25th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I trashed the world #11 on Live yesterday but immediately went into a slump after it. I think he cursed me :o :lol:

LDF
Jul 25th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I've lost about 4 matches in a row now, all to players with 90 or more in FH/BH/power.

Perhaps I need to do the same then :shrug:

V-MAC
Jul 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
It is the people who have all that PLUS at least 70 for serve that kills me. I don't mind ballbashers so much but if they are also really fast and with a good serve, they are almost unbeatable...well for me at least.

queperknuckle
Jul 25th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Anyone have tips on how to place the return of serve. My player has a 90 for return of serve, but even when going up against one of those players with a 35 serve and like 100 on forehand and backhand, I can't get them out of position on the return. That's not realistic at all! Anyone have return serve tips?

So Disrespectful
Jul 26th, 2008, 03:16 AM
People are starting to cheat now. When they see that they're losing, they disconnect their opponent. Stonewitu, I think that's his name, is a bit suspicious being so highly ranked, sucking so much and then me "losing my connection" up 3-0 2-0 30-0.

Medina
Jul 26th, 2008, 07:00 AM
why not? Are you losing or you just dont like the game?

How long have you been playing it?

i find it very difficult :sad:

dynamoRockstarr
Jul 26th, 2008, 08:08 AM
People are starting to cheat now. When they see that they're losing, they disconnect their opponent. Stonewitu, I think that's his name, is a bit suspicious being so highly ranked, sucking so much and then me "losing my connection" up 3-0 2-0 30-0.

oh wow! he got u too? i played him earlier this week.

Pebbles
Jul 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM
i find it very difficult :sad:
Take it slowly, go to the school training and keep on trying :) It really helped me :lick:

LDF
Jul 26th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I've cracked serving but I can't return :help:

Havok
Jul 27th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Anybody have tips on defeating these fuckers who have n00b stats of 100 on forehand/backhand/power? I've not only come across them online, but also getting thrashed on ITST. Not really fun playing on a tour when you get these players in the 1r and make a swift exit.:lol:

So Disrespectful
Jul 27th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Anybody have tips on defeating these fuckers who have n00b stats of 100 on forehand/backhand/power? I've not only come across them online, but also getting thrashed on ITST. Not really fun playing on a tour when you get these players in the 1r and make a swift exit.:lol:

If you have a good serve, get them out wide on the deuce court with a slice serve, then you should be able to put the next shot away into the open court. I rarely lose my service games anymore, and my Bartoli only has 58 for serve. Then depending on the player, it might be more effective to use a normal flat return down the line, but in some cases you just have to take your chance using both triggers (which I find has more of a chance of landing in than by just using the R trigger).

V-MAC
Jul 27th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Yep I experienced the worst cheater earlier on tonight. I forget his name but he was spanish and ranked around #41in the world. I was leading 3-1 3-2 40-15 when he decided to freeze the game on my match points and in the process, disconnecting me from the game so I got granted a loss. I was so infuriated after the match as with his rank, he is supposedly a top ranled player and he uses such cheap cheating tactics to win when he is on the brink of defeat. I sent him a little message after the match branding him a loser but he didn't respond :rolleyes:

starin
Jul 27th, 2008, 06:09 AM
i'm getting tired of this game well at least the online matches.
i hate risk , i suck at it and i don't want to "practice" it. but u can't win online unless you use it, especially on serve and now return. Kinda reminds me of those old school fighting games like street fighter where there were always guys who memorized those moves like up, kick, down punch, half circle back, up, up , down , down kick, punch, half circle up, kick, down, up down, punch. lol. It's like hey that's awesome but i ain't going to practice tryign to hit those moves. lame....goood thing in career mode you absolutely don't need risk serve or return to beat the computer on hard.

tennisvideos
Jul 27th, 2008, 09:49 AM
As a long time tennis gamer fan (since Pong) I have to say I love TS3. I only play Career mode and exhibitions and don't bother with online as I can't stand the carry on. But the gameplay is just fantastic, and very authentic IMO. I love that you can make errors easily if you don't time your shots well. And I love the feeling you get when you do time it well.

An interesting test will be next week when my good friend arrives so he can try it out and we can play some exhibition matches.

I guess the only frustration I have is the lack of responsiveness to quick fire volley exchanges in doubles. But I tend to mainly play singles so it's not a huge issue.

LDF
Jul 27th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Ugh, most infuriating online loss yet :fiery:

I cruised through the first set 3-0, but dropped the next set by the same scoreline and quickly found myself 2-0 down in the decider. I held to love, and then saved at least 5 match points in the game afterwards to level it. We then went to a tiebreak; I came back from *1-6 down to make it 6-6, finally had a match point of my own at 7-6*, and then lost it 9-7. :o

Pebbles
Jul 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Yep I experienced the worst cheater earlier on tonight. I forget his name but he was spanish and ranked around #41in the world. I was leading 3-1 3-2 40-15 when he decided to freeze the game on my match points and in the process, disconnecting me from the game so I got granted a loss. I was so infuriated after the match as with his rank, he is supposedly a top ranled player and he uses such cheap cheating tactics to win when he is on the brink of defeat. I sent him a little message after the match branding him a loser but he didn't respond :rolleyes:
Wow, that's pathetic! I'm so sorry to hear that :( It is really stupid that people find the need to cheat, is there no way to report him? If I was you, each time you play somebody, jot down their Gamer Name, and if they cheat, contact XB Live, it's disgusting.

stevos
Jul 27th, 2008, 10:29 PM
ST3V05 is my gamertag
add me friends!

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 27th, 2008, 10:52 PM
There's nothing worst than losing a match online 3-1,3-4,5-8 when you won more points on serve than your opponent in both the 1st and 2nd set and won at least 75% of all rallies but your opponent was able to serve out wide on the line in on all the big points and hang on to their serve. In the tiebreak and super tiebreak I got so annoyed that I played 3 stupid points and made 3 errors on my service points and lost to this female Roddick impersonator.

50Sense
Jul 27th, 2008, 11:28 PM
LOl looks like the honeymoon is over for most of us, at least when it comes to online matches

Oneofakind0490
Jul 31st, 2008, 12:11 AM
I finally played my first created person online tonight. It wasn't a 100 for the 3 but was 90 for each so I'm sure hes making his way to 100. I lost 1-3 1-3 2-4 0-3 lol. It was hard and I was getting annoyed when he would moon ball me. If you want a challenge why make your player so tough then?

No Name Face
Jul 31st, 2008, 12:14 AM
I trashed the world #11 on Live yesterday but immediately went into a slump after it. I think he cursed me :o :lol:

haha :lol:
i've defeated the world #3 twice and i went into a slump too! i'm actually surprised you thrashed me when we played, but i think you're a bad matchup for me. but don't worry, i'm working on some tactics so i can at least make it closer next time.

---------

i created a lady character and made it to the 2nd round in her first ITST tour. I lost that round to the #12 seed 7-6(6), 3-6, 4-6. Probably the best match I played even though I lost. The women suck compared to the men but I'm getting the timing better.

Again, anyone can add me to their friends list if they want. :p

Orbis
Jul 31st, 2008, 12:16 AM
I got this game recently and I'm really impressed. I thought I'd be so good at it because I was really good at Top Spin 1 but I played a match on normal and got killed 6-0 6-0. Heh, getting better at it now though and does anyone have any tips on returning serve? I can only seem to hit back weak moonballs, which my opponent usually smacks to the other side for an easy winner.

dynamoRockstarr
Jul 31st, 2008, 12:37 AM
I got this game recently and I'm really impressed. I thought I'd be so good at it because I was really good at Top Spin 1 but I played a match on normal and got killed 6-0 6-0. Heh, getting better at it now though and does anyone have any tips on returning serve? I can only seem to hit back weak moonballs, which my opponent usually smacks to the other side for an easy winner.

what i do is when ur opponent is starting their service motion, hold the button down and once the ball bounces in the service box, release the button. my character has a 71 for returns and i like to return down the line or deep in the middle of the court.

50Sense
Jul 31st, 2008, 01:35 AM
I'm starting to gain some steam online, with a 20-14 record and two wins over #14. I was up 4-0 in the Super Tiebreak against the world #16 but I choked with two risk shots when I should have just gone for a safe, flat ball. Oh well. When the rankings are re-set, I switch to a new player so I'm excited.

V-MAC
Jul 31st, 2008, 02:16 AM
haha :lol:
i've defeated the world #3 twice and i went into a slump too! i'm actually surprised you thrashed me when we played, but i think you're a bad matchup for me. but don't worry, i'm working on some tactics so i can at least make it closer next time.

---------

i created a lady character and made it to the 2nd round in her first ITST tour. I lost that round to the #12 seed 7-6(6), 3-6, 4-6. Probably the best match I played even though I lost. The women suck compared to the men but I'm getting the timing better.

Again, anyone can add me to their friends list if they want. :p

tell me about it :lol: I'm absolutely useless with my female character so far. I'm embarrassed to have given her the name "V Williams" :o Gonna have to change that till I get a bit better.

I enjoyed that match we played. I think I surprise a lot of gamers with my male player as he's differant to a lot of what else is out there. No real power as such, just good returns and speed :cool:

Havok
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:16 AM
On the ITST Tour I'm way better with the females then the males.:o

I still can't return for shit and it's really hurting me. I also can't seem to serve at a really high level either. Usually in tennis games I own at serving, but I can't seem to paint the lines and go for big serves in this game it's so frustrating. Lost a R16 match 6-3, 6-4 being broken once per set right smack at the end of each set (while serving at 4-3* and again at 4-4*).

I'm also pretty shitty in regards to being able to chase down balls and do something when they smack balls into corners my player dissapears off the screen.:haha: Practice makes perfect, though. Still need to work on my risk shots to improve my game.

No Name Face
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:28 AM
there's a lot i can improve upon. what's making me happy is that at least i'm making it out of the first round in mens and womens singles on ITST. my live ranking is about 105, a great increase from last season's rank of 580 :cool:

Oneofakind0490
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:29 AM
I have yet to play a match on ITST tour and in the sf of one tourney and 2nd round in another:tape:
Im probably gonna get crushed in my sf :lol:

Ciarán
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:39 AM
So glad to find a thread like this!! TS3 sucks online, cant wait for SCT3 :D:D

Havok
Jul 31st, 2008, 04:40 AM
I have yet to play a match on ITST tour and in the sf of one tourney and 2nd round in another:tape:
Im probably gonna get crushed in my sf :lol:

:haha: Yeah that happens a bunch. You get some retards who don't even respond to PMs you send them to schedule a time/date for your match! It aggravates me. As soon as draws are up, I'm sending out mass PMs giving my availabilities as so I don't forget to play my match. So match walkovers/no match so far on the ITST Tour. Not sure if it's the same for the 360 tour, but the PS3 Tour sees it's fair share of walkovers.:lol:

50Sense
Jul 31st, 2008, 07:59 AM
Some guy (or girl) had the nerve to create Serena and then be a wide serve cheeser. I beat him in two tiebreaks and then when we drew each other again, he disconnected and got the victory.

Oneofakind0490
Jul 31st, 2008, 09:19 PM
So why does the ps3 version not have invite a friend option? My opponent and I have spent the last hour trying to connect and we cant. Both our games try and freeze up. Its so annoying.

Paul.
Aug 5th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I've never had a tennis game before but I've just played the TS3 demo and it seems pretty good :shrug:

The only thing is, you have to be Federer playing Nadal in a tiebreak, and after doing some training, I beat him easily every time :lol: So boring..

So I was wondering, which is the best tennis series? Topspin, Smash Court or that other one that begins with a V?

V-MAC
Aug 6th, 2008, 12:53 AM
What is everyone's career high rank in World Tour online mode? With male player I peaked at #19 and female player got to #11. It is almost impossible to find any one online to play at the female world tour tournaments

Havok
Aug 6th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I really don't bother playing the online tour to be honest :o. I would like to play in a tour where we play best of 3 sets, 6 games per set not 3 games.:weirdo:

Anyways I'm becoming a much better player on the ITST Tour. Into my first semis on the women's tour at a Tier I event. I've mastered the serve of the women and I can hit my serves right on the corner lines. The men, on the other hand, I haven't mastered. Just lost another 1r match 6-4, 6-2 but it was against the top seed and #1 ranked player so it's not too bad. He had n00b stats (100 on fh, bh, power and serve) so all things considering I'm getting closer to learning how to beat these cheeseballers.

dynamoRockstarr
Aug 6th, 2008, 06:17 AM
my first female character got as high as 97 online. my current(second) character got as high as #31, but somehow there's no one online and i have a Aussie Open semi 2 play, a miami and IW final 2 play also but no one's there!!! the highest ranked female player i defeated was the #9 player(i won 10-3 n the super-tiebreak) - but it was in a quick match and i didnt get many points.

my male character is at a 63 overall and is #334 with 4 titles(the one match challenges). somehow i magically won those. got blasted n the FO final to the #11 player.

2 Naldo, its the opposite with me. I can serve into the corners easier with my male character than the female.
What bothers me is that my female character has a 40 for volley and its so easier to volley with her than the male which if very difficult and he has a 39 for volley.

eugreene2
Aug 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
One day I'll be brave enough to get online ... lol

But in career mode, I've won the US Open on normal already ... bout to bump up to hard level now.

I love making errors ... as funny as that sounds, that makes this feel like a real game.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 7th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I finished my first season as Sarah Fort(CAN) at career juniors and finished ranked 9th. I won 3 low tier titles and made 2 high tier finals. I can't beat Lo from Senegal!

Havok
Aug 19th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Ugh I lost such a heartbreaker on the ITST Tour. I was playing vs a power hoarder (95 on forehand, backhand, power and serve), while I had 90 on forehand and speed, while I had 70's in everything else (except for volley, which stayed at 30). We were both holding serve comfortably and I was able to win the 1st set in a tie-break 7-6(5). Second set pretty much follows the 1st set, up until I was serving at 7-6, *5-5 and then I threw in a service game that would put Dementieva to shame!:o

Anyways I lose the second set 5-7 so we battle in the 3rd set, I saved a few break points and we eventually go to a final set tie-breaker. A huge return from me and a mistake from my opponent and I was up 6-3 with my opponent to serve the next two points. Me figuring I had the win in the bag, I hit two nasty risk return errors, then hit the most powder puff ball imaginable right in the middle of the net. There went my 3 mps :sad:. Was able to save a mp of my own with a massive risk return winner, but eventually lost 6-7(5), 7-5, 7-6(7). Ugh was so close to finally toppling a player with these stupid n00b stats, but at least now I know I can do it. Mind you he wasn't an elite n00b stats player, but still.:p

V-MAC
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:27 AM
ouch....always tough to get over those loses where you've had match points. ITST is changing its rules from next week where you have to have 40-90 on all skill attributes. It will be interesting to see how this works. I guess 40 will become the new 30 for stamina and volley :lol: It really bugs me that some people have only 30 for stamina in this game (always the power monkeys) as it is so unrealistic. A lot of these have been allowed to play on ITST too :mad:

darkchild
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:58 AM
The power monkeys don't bother me at all, it just shows that they don't know the game at all.
What I hate is that some people risk slice return inside the baseline all the time, the balls come back before you finish your service motions. I feel stupid chasing around.

Havok
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I know, I really don't like those power monkeys who seem to be everywhere. It makes the tour so boring and uninteresting. Though at least with 40-90 skills we won't be getting blasted off the court 6-0 6-0.:lol: At least the tour is moving in the right direction.

I forgot how much I love this game!:hearts: I haven't played it in a while because I've been busy at work/have been knocked around by these power monkeys 6-0 6-0 lately so I don't count those as matches.:o

Havok
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:01 AM
The power monkeys don't bother me at all, it just shows that they don't know the game at all.
What I hate is that some people risk slice return inside the baseline all the time, the balls come back before you finish your service motions. I feel stupid chasing around.
I've heard about that tactic but have yet to face it. Sound to be quite annoying, to say the least.:tape:

darkchild
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I've heard about that tactic but have yet to face it. Sound to be quite annoying, to say the least.:tape:

Trust me, you have to see it so you can feel it.:tape:
The balls stay so low and so close to the net, and the angle is extremely sharp.
If you somehow manage to scoop it up, your opponent could easily put it away.
But most times, I would just hit a wide error, either into the net or way out...

tdot.
Aug 19th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Anyone getting SCT3 tomorrow?

V-MAC
Aug 19th, 2008, 04:06 AM

Oh there are two types of power monkeys ;)

First you have the n00bs who are easy to deal with. I don't mind them so much as they clearly don't understand tennis too much and how the game worksso you can generally pick this type off quite easily. There stats are usually 100 for power/forehand/backhand but with a dodgy serve that you can break at will.

However, the worst type are those power monkeys who also happen to be ranked pretty high. What makes these guys so annoying to play against is that they are obviously decent players and understand tennis, yet they choose to be cowards and hide behind n00b stats to cheat their way to easy wins:rolleyes:This type has stats like 30 on stamina/serve/volley and 90-100 for speed/power/forehand/backhand. It just really annoys me that stamina isn't as effective as it should be in this game. Basically, if you have a lot of power, you can hit through it from what I have seen :mad:

Ok rant over :lol: I do take this game too seriously

V-MAC
Aug 19th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I don't think SCT3 is out here until Friday or possibly the end of the month. The reviews haven't been great forit so far - average of 6.5 out of 10 which seems pretty poor.

darkchild
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Oh there are two types of power monkeys ;)

First you have the n00bs who are easy to deal with. I don't mind them so much as they clearly don't understand tennis too much and how the game worksso you can generally pick this type off quite easily. There stats are usually 100 for power/forehand/backhand but with a dodgy serve that you can break at will.

However, the worst type are those power monkeys who also happen to be ranked pretty high. What makes these guys so annoying to play against is that they are obviously decent players and understand tennis, yet they choose to be cowards and hide behind n00b stats to cheat their way to easy wins:rolleyes:This type has stats like 30 on stamina/serve/volley and 90-100 for speed/power/forehand/backhand. It just really annoys me that stamina isn't as effective as it should be in this game. Basically, if you have a lot of power, you can hit through it from what I have seen :mad:

Ok rant over :lol: I do take this game too seriously

For the 30 speed ones, just play a lot short-angle crosscourts with them, they will pay for their slowness.
But i agree, the setting for stamina is off, they can pound all day long without errors even the meter beats faster than I blink.

Adal
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Oh SCT3 :inlove:
I hope to get it by the end of August.

Renalicious
Aug 19th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I'm pro #1 in TS3 :woohoo: Hadn't played in a month, beat JuJu in a three set thriller of the Australian Open final (my first pro tourney) to become #1 :hearts:

tdot.
Aug 19th, 2008, 11:32 PM
My local EB Games said SCT3 is sold out and they won't be getting anymore shipments until thursday:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

schorsch
Aug 20th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Trust me, you have to see it so you can feel it.:tape:
The balls stay so low and so close to the net, and the angle is extremely sharp.
If you somehow manage to scoop it up, your opponent could easily put it away.
But most times, I would just hit a wide error, either into the net or way out...

omg, i hate those players lol. i know what you mean :rolleyes:

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 20th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I wont have SCT3 until Thursday.

V-MAC
Aug 20th, 2008, 03:50 AM
IGN gave SCT3 a damning review, only giving it a score of 4.9 out of 10 :o It said that is almost identical to the version that was released on the psp last year which is fine for a handheld game but for something like the 360, you'd expect a lot more.

Havok
Aug 20th, 2008, 03:56 AM
My local EB Games said SCT3 is sold out and they won't be getting anymore shipments until thursday:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
How many did they odrer, 3?:o

Anyways to those who already have TS3 for your 360, expect to be sorely dissapointed by SCT3. Doesn't even come close to what Top Spin 3 is able to give us. The 360 looks like a port from the PSP game, and if ING gave it shit reviews, then it's probably shit. I trust IGN the most in terms of game reviews.

V-MAC
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:01 AM
yeah think I'll be waiting for Virtua Tennis 4 :)

tdot.
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:28 AM
How do you embed youtube videos:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ16T68OQqE&fmt=

Anyway, I find it hard to believe that SCT3 is really that bad. Its looks alright from this video.

dybbuk
Aug 20th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Trying to decide if I should get Smash Court Tennis 3 or Top Spin 3. I can't get both right now. :( Top Spin has better reviews, but Smash Court Tennis has Ana. :awww:

Sharapowerr
Aug 20th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I have top spin 3 for a week now on my PS3, i m 10 th in the juniors , but i can t serve with effects or win any hard tournaments.:(

Legend1
Aug 20th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Top spin is a good game had it about a month now.

Im currently number one on the pro tour.
Had to play Sharapova in the opening match of AO mangaged to beat her eventually! The won in the final against Kuznetsova.

I played the next tournament after that, cant remember what that was tho, and won.

Next tournament i beat Amelie in 3-0 3-0 to set up a final with Sharapova. Not played that yet but i hate playing her!

eugreene2
Aug 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I didn't know Smash Court was out ... I need to get this game. Calling EB now

eugreene2
Aug 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
THe guy who wrote the IGN review must be one of those ball bashers online with TS3. From my recollection, most people on here enjoyed the PSP version but this guy makes it sound like the PSP version was garbage.

He's saying all NAMCO did was take the PSP version and copy it for 360. That's very interesting. His review is totally different from the hands on review I read last month from another company. What's really going on???

HANDS ON PREVIEW

No one likes riding in the middle of a car's backseat area. You're sandwiched in, crushed from one side and into the other regardless of which way the driver has to turn, and worst of all, the position is often associated with a derogatory term for the female dog.

If you're cunning, though, the role of middle-backseat passenger can be used to harness the strengths of both your fellow rear passengers for your own good. Forge a temporary alliance during one turn so that you and one passenger crush the other against his door. Then, on an opposite turn, revoke the ceasefire and cause much harm to your former ally.

Namco Bandai's Smash Court Tennis 3 makes similar use of its middle position against its two primary competitors, SEGA's Virtua Tennis 3 and 2K Sports's Top Spin 3. "You've got Virtua Tennis at the arcade end of the spectrum, and you've got Top Spin at the Simulation end," explained Smash Court Tennis 3 producer David Geudelekian during a recent preview event. "Smash Court Tennis very intelligently tows the middle ground. You can jump right into the game and [within] 30 seconds, you can play an arcade-style match: lots of powerups, sensitive aim. But there's also a really deep experience if you want more of a simulation."

One manifestation of Smash Court Tennis 3's delicate balance between arcade and simulation is character customization. At first, the choices are purely aesthetic, and no different from what players would expect of any sports avatar creator. "You choose male or female, choose from all possible countries, choose a name - and then it gets crazy," said Geudelekian. " You've got height and weight, which will affect starting speed and power; hip, thigh, calves... you create a character that is completely yours, and everything carries into Xbox Live play."

Initial customization is vital, as your base stats are used to determine your starting attributes, which subsequently factor in to the skills you'll be able to access later on. Characters are divided into class-like groups such as baseline, all-around, servers and volley-ers, left- and right-handed players, and more.

Careful, precise, and positively anal statistics are used to inform players as to whether their careful tweaking, planning, and balancing of all attributes has paid off. "The game keeps track of a hell of a lot of statistics," said Geudelekian. "Serving and returning [graphs] track every area where you hit the ball, your velocity .... You start to learn more about your virtual self, you can see how you develop. I've tried making my character stronger in his legs and biceps, making him a little bit heavier. His power shot up, but his foot work went down."

When compared to stats such as footwork and serving, choosing an appropriate attitude for your avatar may seem innocuous, but is actually pivotal to your character's financial success. "You can go emotional, normal, or calm," explained Geudelekian. "In the single-player mode, you'll have sponsors that might become interested in you. But if you start slamming your racket down left and right, you could lose your sponsors."

Pro Tour mode, the single-player path mentioned by Geudelekian, is a full-featured experience designed to help your custom character perfect the skills you deem most vital. In keeping with Smash Court Tennis 3's theme of holding the middle ground between arcade and simulation, Pro Tour provides several different ways for players to find success regardless of play style.

"Pro Tour mode [uses] a ledger to plan out all four years of your character's pro career," said Geudelekian. "You've got stamina, and depending on the events you participate in and how much you train, your stamina drains. You can go through this guy's career and plan everything out year by year. With one character I progressed very linearly - play every challenge, build up all of his stats. With another character, I committed the first two years of his career to training and had a ton of points to assign. So I had a quick route, but I also had a slow-paced route where I could build up all of my skills."

Of course, spending 30 seconds, minutes, or hours creating the perfect custom character is only one option; 16 others exist in the form of licensed tennis pros, eight apiece per gender. Maria Sharapova, Roger Federer, and other star athletes will be at your beck and call to compete across 16 stadiums, though these virtual tennis playgrounds are of the unlicensed persuasion.

David Geudelekian doesn't see that as a detracting point, though. "What we make up for in licensed courts we make up for with artistic license. One stadium looks a lot like the [setting for the] U.S. Open. Other settings are really out there and probably couldn't exist, but that's the fun of having an open license."

Case in point: the Sky Court, a circular stadium attached via three separate bridges to the tops of three skyscrapers arranged in pyramid formation. Again favoring the "just right" approach, players can jump right into a game after choosing custom or licensed characters and an arena, or spend time adjusting their playing field conditions. "There are real-time clouds moving around, and you can choose the time of day," said Geudelekian. "As you're playing, shadows will move in. You can play from dusk to dawn if you want to."

After challenging us to a match, Geudelekian proceeded to call our manhood into question: would we prefer to play on the ground with all the other kiddies, or would we throw caution to the wind and ascend to the Sky Court, arena of the gods? Deeming solid ground for mere mortals, we ascended to the heavens and readied ourselves for competition.

Smash Court Tennis 3 controls much like any other tennis game, so there shouldn't be too great of a learning curve for virtual veterans or newbies. Holding RT boosts your speed, and each face button is mapped to a different type of strike. We received the first opportunity to serve, which was accomplished as expected: press A to toss the ball into the air and, at its peak, press A to send it sailing over the net.

That's the quick and simple way to serve. Additional oomph can be added or subtracted from the serve by pressing the left analog stick toward or away from your opponent. Careful, though: too little speed and power won't carry the ball all the way across, but too much will send it out of bounds and, in the case of Sky Court, over the side and down, down, down to the busy streets below.

We played with a licensed tennis star, one whose stats would theoretically be more than a match for Geudelekian's custom athlete. Theoretically. In actuality, our superstar fell to Geudelekian's, though only just barely. "I like to create a swath of characters," said Geudelekian, whose avatar specialized in up-close-and-personal play, ideal for one-on-one match-ups.

Despite our humiliating defeat, Geudelekian's point was realized: no matter how deep you want your video game tennis experience to be, Smash Court Tennis 3 can make it happen. Even better, it will happen for only $39.95 when it arrives on Xbox 360 August 19TH.

JAMESYBABY!
Aug 20th, 2008, 04:16 PM
can u get smash court tennis on ps2????

SV_Fan
Aug 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
sct3 doesnt look badat all.

Ryan
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:10 PM
I'll probably get SCT3 when it comes out, but Topspin 3 will always be my favorite tennis game. :cool:

darkchild
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:29 PM
If SCT3 is the same as the PSP version, then I am gonna get it in Christmas.
It is not bad, it is just not worthy 60 bucks.
On the other hand, TS3 is in a league of its own.

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Based on this clip I dont see how this game could be a 4.9.
BQ16T68OQqE&fmt=

tdot.
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Based on this clip I dont see how this game could be a 4.9.
BQ16T68OQqE&fmt=

Yeah, I agree. Also, I just called EB Games and they just got some copies in so i'll be getting it today!!! Lol can't wait to play!

eugreene2
Aug 20th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I enjoyed that clip. Doesn't look like a 4.9 game to me either. I just picked a copy up from EBgames. Only $39

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 20th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Just lost to someone with 90 for grounstrokes and 100 power 6-0 6-0 :rolleyes:

eugreene2
Aug 20th, 2008, 09:35 PM
The Smash Court T3 career mode is way better than Top Spin 3. Plus I love the challenge system. On the women's side, with Henin, Amelie, Sharapova, Hingis and Ana - if they could have replaced krajicek with a Williams, it would be perfect.

On the men's side, it's great to have Nadal & Fed.

I'm gonna try to play for 3 hrs and give impressions.

V-MAC
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM
cheers. I'll look forward to getting a tennis fan's opinion of the game :)

Havok
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:22 AM
If SCT3 was like $29.99 it's worth it. Other than that why bother when there's Top SPin 3 which is honestly lightyears ahead of any tennis game made. Period.

V-MAC
Aug 21st, 2008, 04:30 AM
The selling factor for me is online play. I mean I heard in the xbox forums that there are only 7 people on the online leaderboard :o I know its only just come out but still......7 people. If it is under 50 euros over here though I guess I'll buy it as I'm a sucker for tennis games. I even bought Outlaw Tennis for the old xbox a few years ago :lol:

Renalicious
Aug 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Can someone please post the character lineup for SCT3?

chadman569
Aug 21st, 2008, 03:38 PM
Men: Federer, Nadal, Nalbandian, Blake, Berdych, Monfils, Lopez, Seppi
Women: Henin, Ivanovic, Mauresmo, Vaidisova, Hingis, Sharapova, Mirza, Krajicek

I think that is everybody.

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM
Based on the videos I have seen I think fans of SCT2 will enjoy SCT3

SV_Fan
Aug 21st, 2008, 08:27 PM
On TS3 what grunts do you guys choose to make ur chacters look/ sound like Vee or Ree. Can someone please help me create a Serena or Venus?

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 21st, 2008, 09:04 PM
On TS3 what grunts do you guys choose to make ur chacters look/ sound like Vee or Ree. Can someone please help me create a Serena or Venus?

none of them sound like Serena or Venus.

tdot.
Aug 21st, 2008, 11:26 PM
SCT3 doesn't deserve that 4.9 rating from IGN. I'm actually enjoying this game a lot more than Top Spin 3.

Havok
Aug 22nd, 2008, 12:53 AM
SCT3 doesn't deserve that 4.9 rating from IGN. I'm actually enjoying this game a lot more than Top Spin 3.
Wow.

I have to say, though, it wasn't too long ago that tennis games weren't coming out as often as they do now. I'm liking the fact that about every year to year and a half there seems to be a new tennis game coming out.:yeah:

I can't wait for the next batch to come, hopefully they will listen to us and have an insane roster and more additional things (clothes, sponsors, rackets, etc) to give the games more re playability).

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 22nd, 2008, 02:31 AM
Naldo r u a huge power player? Im tired of losing 60 60 to people with 100 power and 90 for groundstrokes

tdot.
Aug 22nd, 2008, 05:14 AM
I just won my first Grand Slam in SCT3 ranked 159 in the world :lol:

Renalicious
Aug 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
I wanna get SCT3. TS3 IMO gets boring easy....:sad: I even like TS2 better. It was more classic to me. And plus Venus was in it lol. Why can't they put a WS in games these days? :shrug:

Adal
Aug 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
Can't wait till I get SCT3 :)
But yeah, reviews are mostly bad for this game :(

tae04
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:54 PM
I got TS3 yesterday for XBOX360, I like it so far. I don't understand how to hit the risk shots. Someone help lol.

stevos
Aug 22nd, 2008, 11:07 PM
The Smash Court T3 career mode is way better than Top Spin 3. Plus I love the challenge system. On the women's side, with Henin, Amelie, Sharapova, Hingis and Ana - if they could have replaced krajicek with a Williams, it would be perfect.

On the men's side, it's great to have Nadal & Fed.

I'm gonna try to play for 3 hrs and give impressions.

Sooo, how did it go?
Doesn't look as good as TS3 from that video, but not bad definitely.
I got TS3 yesterday for XBOX360, I like it so far. I don't understand how to hit the risk shots. Someone help lol.

TS3 takes a lot of practice, don't worry about risk shots yet. Just try and get used to hitting hard first.

Havok
Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:27 AM
Naldo r u a huge power player? Im tired of losing 60 60 to people with 100 power and 90 for groundstrokes

Not really. My usual stats for big hitters are as follows:

Forehand: 80
Backhand: 80
Serve: 60
Return: 80
Volley: 40
Power: 90
Speed: 70
Stamina: 60

My stats for speedier/lightweight hitters are:

Forehand: 70-90 (all depending on what their "big" weapons is)
Backhand: 70-90 (see above)
Return: 70
Power: 70-80
Speed: 90
Stamina: 70

I have to say, though, that I've mastered the serving technique with the ladies. Serve 'C' is the one to pick, holding L+R and pressing/holding the direction as soon as your player throws the ball up. You'll be painting the lines at will and driving your opponents nuts with slice serves both out wide and nasty curved served while on the ad side.:devil:

Havok
Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:30 AM
SCT3 career mode is identical to SCT2's, just that you pick a "rival" when you start out (from the 8 pros in the game) and you sort of are compared to said rival. That's how it was for the PSP game, I'm sure it's still true for the 360 version. Ranking points and the schedule are more lifelike in the Smash Court games, that's for sure, but Top Spin really upped the tour mode this time around and looks somewhat realistic.:)

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM

I have to say, though, that I've mastered the serving technique with the ladies. is the one to pick, holding L+R and pressing/holding the direction as soon as your player throws the ball up. You'll be painting the lines at will and driving your opponents nuts with slice serves both out wide and nasty curved served while on the ad side.:devil:

Thats exactly what I do.I love the Serve 'C' using LT+RT. I rarely miss a first serve and I win about 97% of my services games.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:09 AM
Sarah Fort(Canada)
Forehand: 69
Backhand: 90
Serve: 86
Return: 55
Volley: 50
Power: 77
Speed: 66
Stamina: 67

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:09 AM
I got SCT3 today and I'm really enjoying it.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:10 AM
What's 'C' on my controller?

Ryan
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:17 AM

I have to say, though, that I've mastered the serving technique with the ladies. Serve 'C' is the one to pick, holding L+R and pressing/holding the direction as soon as your player throws the ball up. You'll be painting the lines at will and driving your opponents nuts with slice serves both out wide and nasty curved served while on the ad side.:devil:

The second one is similar to my Hingis, except FH, Serve and Power were in the 50's and Volley, and Stamina were abit higher.

V-MAC
Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
Is any one else still suffering badly from the disconnect glitch in TS3? It happened to me twice today in slams in the world tour. The first match it happened I had just won a tight first set when my opponent decided to quit, yet I was given the loss for it :mad: I can't believe there hasn't been a patch released to fix this yet.

Temporary0369
Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:19 AM
Don't lie Naldo, you're a total power player ;).

Havok
Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
Don't lie Naldo, you're a total power player ;).
I am a power player, but I don't have the n00B stats of 90s in forehand/backhand/power/serve.:p I at least have normal stats and don't risk shots besides serve and the occasional return.;)

KMS, we're talking about the C serve when you're creating your character. There are 4 options for the females, and serve C is the easiest to time risk (both L and R) serves. Haven't mastered a serve with the men's, however.

VMAC I don't really play world tour, so that hasn't happened to me yet. However I was awarded 4 straight wins when my opponent and I failed to connect to play a match.:weirdo:

I also can't believe a patch wasn't made in order to invite a friend to play a match for the PS3. You need to fight it out with everyone else looking for an online match if you want to play a certain gamer. It's really frustrating!

So Disrespectful
Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:34 AM
When serving with a female character, you can just hold down the triggers the entire time and it will always go in. :lol: I never lose serve, even if I give my character less than 60 on service stats.

Different story with men though :tape:

aNYthing
Aug 23rd, 2008, 04:30 AM
So I got SCT3 yesterday but haven't been able to play it as much as I want. But in the time I did play I am already enjoying it a bit more than TS3. I am playing on very hard already, but because there doesn't appear to be anything "cheap" about the game, I am not frustrated when I lose. I actually really like the way this plays, its a bit closer to TS2 in feel. But it still has some elements from SCT2. It's a heck of a lot easier to pick up and play than TS3, but it's not as innovative with their game play. They actually have a similar system to TS3 where you hold the button and then release to hit the shot, but it's not as harsh. You will not randomly just miss the ball at times, it's a bit more forgiving. The only down side to that though is that there are not as many errors as TS3 (there still are errors, but just not as many). I am also sure that when people actually realize the game is out, they will buy it and play it online. But for me, the only reason I knew this game was out was because I was in the mall and randomly popped into EB games and bought it.

aNYthing
Aug 23rd, 2008, 04:31 AM
btw, sorry that post sounds choppy. :lol: I was in a rush while writing...more to come tomorrow!

Havok
Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:05 AM
So i got my first taste of this ultimate cheese play online; the slice return shot close to the service box. My opponent didn't risk return them, but even if they don't you are put in a nasty position that you give them a cheeseball they can do whatsoever with. It was the QF of the ITST Olympics tournament. I was down a set (6-4) with a lovely df at setpoint down :weirdo:, and was leading *6-3 in the second set tie-break when the cheese shot happened twice in a row for my opponent to pull back on serve 6-5*. Ended up losing 6-4, 7-6(6). Called him out on it, but the prick said it was just luck.:rolleyes:

Temporary0369
Aug 23rd, 2008, 06:38 AM
So i got my first taste of this ultimate cheese play online; the slice return shot close to the service box. My opponent didn't risk return them, but even if they don't you are put in a nasty position that you give them a cheeseball they can do whatsoever with. It was the QF of the ITST Olympics tournament. I was down a set (6-4) with a lovely df at setpoint down :weirdo:, and was leading *6-3 in the second set tie-break when the cheese shot happened twice in a row for my opponent to pull back on serve 6-5*. Ended up losing 6-4, 7-6(6). Called him out on it, but the prick said it was just luck.:rolleyes:

Was it FreakSports? Because that guy is kind of a complete hack. I just retired from our match which I suppose is poor sportsmanship but it was very stupid. Sorry to call a name out but... that's why I hate the tour sometimes. They should just ban some members. Don't join a tour trying to simulate tennis if you're going to play like that. Rawr.

Havok
Aug 23rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
Was it FreakSports? Because that guy is kind of a complete hack. I just retired from our match which I suppose is poor sportsmanship but it was very stupid. Sorry to call a name out but... that's why I hate the tour sometimes. They should just ban some members. Don't join a tour trying to simulate tennis if you're going to play like that. Rawr.
:haha: You nailed it!:haha:

Pebbles
Aug 23rd, 2008, 12:50 PM
When is SCT3 out, is anyone getting it? :)

darkchild
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:12 PM
:haha: You nailed it!:haha:

There is a poll about if the risk slice return inside baseline is cheesy. (ITST)
I cannot believe some of them said no,:rolleyes: the reasoning is that they cannot do anything when you serve and they get broken left and right.
But nothing compares to this FreakSports guy, luck?:tape:

V-MAC
Aug 23rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Oh don't get me started on ITST :lol: I'm really pissed off with that at the moment. Most of the top ranked players in the 360 tour have cheese stats (30 for stamina? :o) and are allowed to get away with it. So much for trying to make the tour as realistic as possible :(

SV_Fan
Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
So how would u guys rate SCT3.

I had SCT 2. But I never understood the rival thing. Can someone explain the point of it?

Andrew Laeddis
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:03 PM
So how would u guys rate SCT3.

I had SCT 2. But I never understood the rival thing. Can someone explain the point of it?

I would rate TS3 a 8.7/10 and SCT3 8.4/10

The more I play SCT3 the more I like it.

Pebbles
Aug 23rd, 2008, 11:37 PM
I would rate TS3 a 8.7/10 and SCT3 8.4/10

The more I play SCT3 the more I like it.
You have it?! How do you find it? How is the career mode :wavey:

50Sense
Aug 24th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I'm really enjoying SCT3. I especially like that you can now choose how long your matches in career mode are. I also like the swing animations of the pro players more than TS3 (it seems a bit more accurate). Like someone previously mentioned, the timing system is much more forgivign that TS3, but hitting a winner in this game doesn't feel as rewarding as TS3.

The courts, although not nearly as many as TS3 are nicely designed and have MUCH better atmosphere than TS3.

The career mode is quite similar to SCT2. However it is a bit odd to me that the pro players aren't ranked higher (in my current career, only Hingis, Mauresmo and Henin are ranked and I've only played one of them in a year and a half). But overall, great game.

tennisvideos
Aug 24th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I'm really enjoying SCT3. I especially like that you can now choose how long your matches in career mode are. I also like the swing animations of the pro players more than TS3 (it seems a bit more accurate). Like someone previously mentioned, the timing system is much more forgivign that TS3, but hitting a winner in this game doesn't feel as rewarding as TS3.

The courts, although not nearly as many as TS3 are nicely designed and have MUCH better atmosphere than TS3.

The career mode is quite similar to SCT2. However it is a bit odd to me that the pro players aren't ranked higher (in my current career, only Hingis, Mauresmo and Henin are ranked and I've only played one of them in a year and a half). But overall, great game.

Thanks for the report. I have SCT3 on the PSP and I did love it and am looking forward to getting it on xbox 360. It comes out in Australia in about 2 weeks. I also love TS3 so it will be interesting to compare the two games. :)

Renalicious
Aug 24th, 2008, 10:14 AM
So here's the deal guys.

A while ago I had Top Spin 2 and Virtua Tennis 3. Sadly, I lost ALL my games because my whole suitcase got stolen. Since then, I bought Top Spin 3 but it has fallen short of my expectations...

Now, if I were to get another tennis game, what would it be? Top Spin 2 (which is CLASSIC imo, 10/10), Virtua Tennis 3 (also really good) or Smash Court Tennis 3?

MakarovaFan
Aug 24th, 2008, 06:43 PM
So here's the deal guys.

A while ago I had Top Spin 2 and Virtua Tennis 3. Sadly, I lost ALL my games because my whole suitcase got stolen. Since then, I bought Top Spin 3 but it has fallen short of my expectations...

Now, if I were to get another tennis game, what would it be? Top Spin 2 (which is CLASSIC imo, 10/10), Virtua Tennis 3 (also really good) or Smash Court Tennis 3?
Honestly,and i may be alone here BUT i feel like the new XBOX 360 version of Smash feels alot more like an evolution of SMC 2 than a reworking of the psp version. Basically i feel like this one plays how a true sequel to Smash 2 would play,other than the sometimes "slidy" players,this feels a lot like Smash 2

Pebbles
Aug 24th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! :D

dybbuk
Aug 28th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Well I got SCT3 today, I can't compare it to TS3 like some other people, but I love it so far. It took me a little bit to get used to releasing the button and moving, but it only took a couple of matches. The IGN reviewer was saying it's hard to move, but he either is just rather bad or didn't try hard enough to get better at it. I've played maybe 5 matches so far, and movement isn't a problem anymore. Then I like that the slowness of the game in general, it's part of it's charm I think.

The only thing I really don't like is the serving, which is either horribly clumsy or I'm just really bad at it.

V-MAC
Sep 2nd, 2008, 02:55 AM
I'm currently ranked #1 in the World Tour on Xbox Live :bounce: :aparty: Granted that I had to sell my soul and create a power monkey to have a chance of claiming it :o :bolt:

Cakeisgood
Sep 2nd, 2008, 03:12 AM
SCT3 on the PSP is soooooooooooo easy. Never lost a match in career. It's fun, but gets boring after a while.

Sharapowerr
Sep 2nd, 2008, 06:24 AM
TS3 on the ps3 is really cool , i played yesterday online for a few hours, but keep losing mostly , the career mode on ts3 is also nice, imo better then SCT3.

Nikkiri
Sep 2nd, 2008, 06:30 AM
Well I got SCT3 today, I can't compare it to TS3 like some other people, but I love it so far. It took me a little bit to get used to releasing the button and moving, but it only took a couple of matches. The IGN reviewer was saying it's hard to move, but he either is just rather bad or didn't try hard enough to get better at it. I've played maybe 5 matches so far, and movement isn't a problem anymore. Then I like that the slowness of the game in general, it's part of it's charm I think.

The only thing I really don't like is the serving, which is either horribly clumsy or I'm just really bad at it.

You're just really bad at it *giggle ohmy.

sebbe
Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:16 PM
SCT3 is just too easy!....

tennisvideos
Sep 6th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I quite like SCT3 - there are quite a few similarities to TS3 in terms of gameplay (holding the button to power up and releasing at the right time to maximise the power and angle). Hingis looks fantastic. :)

I think I like the gameplay of TS3 a little more but SCT3 is easier for non-gamers to pick up and join in multi-player fun, so I will be playing this one more with my friends.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 6th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I finally made it into Pros by winning Casablanca :) I finished #2. I tried to get Pro for like 4 seasons.
Should I play lower tier tournaments to start my first season off or go right to the top?

AcesHigh
Sep 7th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I decided to cave in and buy an Xbox 360 in the near future. TS3 looks better and has gotten much better reviews.. are they right?

Also, what do you need for Xbox Live? Just an ethernet jack? I'm in a college dorm so hoping I can just play it here.

V-MAC
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:02 AM
TS3 is better over all, how ever, SCT3 has the better career mode. I would recommend buying both games though if you can, especially as SCT3 is retailing at a cheap price.

Havok
Sep 7th, 2008, 02:09 AM
I finally made it into Pros by winning Casablanca :) I finished #2. I tried to get Pro for like 4 seasons.
Should I play lower tier tournaments to start my first season off or go right to the top?
That depends. Have you used the 5 minute cheat and maxed out your player at overall 70? If you have, might as well play all the big events. If not, stick with lower events because you will get mauled by the real pros.:lol:

Made it to the finals of the USO on the ITST Tour (Women). Should bump be back to #2 in the world, hopefully I can clinch the title. Now that they switched to 40-9- characters, I've been actually winning mens matches on a consistent basis rather than getting destroyed.:haha:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 7th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Ya I got the cheat. It's an adjustment to the pace

KoOlMaNsEaN
Sep 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I can hardly win games/matches in the pros

darkchild
Sep 12th, 2008, 11:38 PM

Go back to top spin school!

Temporary0369
Sep 13th, 2008, 12:57 AM

I would play on very hard and only play the "hard" tournaments. Also don't use the cheat to max your character out. Once you can win matches with a 30 level character everything else is cake. Just think about your points, if you like to hit backhands dtl to finish off a point, serve accordingly and stretch your opponent until you have an opening. If you like to finish off at the net be patient and as soon as you get a short ball, charge. Also make sure that you're timing your shots right and also focusing on being in the right position. Press the analogue stick up fairly hard if you want to put the ball away. I would also try to be as aggressive as possible because the AI (unless you're playing against Kuznetsova :help:) doesn't make many errors at all. I don't know, that's how I learned.

V-MAC
Sep 13th, 2008, 01:36 AM
I've basically tossed aside SCT3 after only 4 days of playing it. Just doesn't have lasting appeal :shrug: Not to mention the fact that it ruined my timing when I started to play TS3 again for my ITST matches :lol: I got triple bagled last week :o

Renalicious
Sep 13th, 2008, 06:24 AM
I'm so sick of TS3, it's so damn annoying. I'm good at it, but it's just so EURGH. So I bought Top Spin 2 and I love it so much more. :inlove: I guess I like fun more than seriousness...don't you think on Top Spin 3, it's not fun when you verse someone on very hard mode because you get all these annoying errors? You still beat them, like 4-3, 3-4, 4-3, 3-4, 4-3 or something, but it's still hell annoying. Hard mode is ok...but it's annoying when you have to play so many matches. Normal is way too easy. They should have like Normal-Hard mode or something. I wanna win, but I also want it to be a challenge without it being hassling.

Pebbles
Sep 24th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I got SCT3 yesterday, but it is so hard to get the player look how you want :(

Szczecin
Sep 24th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I would play on very hard and only play the "hard" tournaments. Also don't use the cheat to max your character out. Once you can win matches with a 30 level character everything else is cake. Just think about your points, if you like to hit backhands dtl to finish off a point, serve accordingly and stretch your opponent until you have an opening. If you like to finish off at the net be patient and as soon as you get a short ball, charge. Also make sure that you're timing your shots right and also focusing on being in the right position. Press the analogue stick up fairly hard if you want to put the ball away. I would also try to be as aggressive as possible because the AI (unless you're playing against Kuznetsova :help:) doesn't make many errors at all. I don't know, that's how I learned.

Lol, what is the go with that ? :lol:

She was the first I played when I went from Pro to Legend and she hit two scorching winners in the first two points... I was like, whoa this is gonna be tough... :help:

Then it was ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR !!!! 3-0 3-0 :haha:

Andrew Laeddis
Sep 24th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I like SCT3 more because I'm better at it. I need to start playing online more to get my ranking up though because people who play alot even if they only win half of their matches get rewarded with points. Ive won 90 percent of my matches and I'm not even in the top 50 because Ive only played between 40 and 50 matches.

Renalicious
Oct 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM
OMG Does anyone play Xbox Live? I tried it with Top Spin 2 and Virtua Tennis 3 and THEY BOTH LAG LIKE HELL. Top Spin 2 well, I have on words...it takes about 5 seconds to hit the ball and impossible to move around without it freezing every (literally) 2 seconds. Just nasty. Virtua Tennis 3 is better but the opponent's ball freezes for 2 seconds when I hit it and they can hit the ball. It like, stops in time. And also whenever I get close to winning a point it calls out 'let, 1st service' even though im 10 strokes in the rally. :o

Is it just my connection? :mad:

Pebbles
Oct 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Ugh, SCT3 irritates me no end. The way in which the career mode is set out is so cramped and confusing-the player edit mode is also really hard. I have stopped playing it for the time being.

Renalicious
Oct 8th, 2008, 04:52 AM
So I shouldn't get SCT3? TS3 is also annoying. I like TS2 the best lmao.

Cakeisgood
Oct 8th, 2008, 05:21 AM
SCT3 is just too easy!....

I could beat the entire game blindfolded.

Pebbles
Oct 8th, 2008, 09:28 AM
So I shouldn't get SCT3? TS3 is also annoying. I like TS2 the best lmao.
It's totally up to you. There are a few things that are really great, and other not so great. But it is fun to play, and the tennis is pretty realistic, even if the graphics are not as good as TS3 :)

Renalicious
Oct 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Eh, none of the games really do it for me.

We should make our own. :mad:

Andrew Laeddis
Oct 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
OMG Does anyone play Xbox Live? I tried it with Top Spin 2 and Virtua Tennis 3 and THEY BOTH LAG LIKE HELL. Top Spin 2 well, I have on words...it takes about 5 seconds to hit the ball and impossible to move around without it freezing every (literally) 2 seconds. Just nasty. Virtua Tennis 3 is better but the opponent's ball freezes for 2 seconds when I hit it and they can hit the ball. It like, stops in time. And also whenever I get close to winning a point it calls out 'let, 1st service' even though im 10 strokes in the rally. :o

Is it just my connection? :mad:

For me it depends on who I play. Whenever I play someone from Australian or Italy the lag is unbearable. The let thing in VT3 is really annoying which is why I stopped playing it online.

John.
Nov 20th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Finally got both games - Much prefer TS3 - SCT3 was a bit too easy and got kind of boring.

Some of the online players are :o - It's impossible to get the ball back against some of them

Renalicious
Nov 20th, 2008, 02:42 PM
TS3 is okay when you're playing alone. :lol: On live it's pretty laggy and when you're playing with someone, he/she will probably choose Federer all the time. :o And I always wanna play with my Hantuchova, Serena or Jankovic lol. :lol:

V-MAC
Nov 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Do ye guys not play ITST for Topspin 3? Ye are probably better off, it is seriously addictive :lol: Thank God the off season is upon us so I can get a break. First season playing it and I managed to qualify for the womens' SEC but went 1-2 and finished 3rd in my group :(

Ciarán
Nov 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM
World No.55 in VT3 :cool:

John.
Nov 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Do ye guys not play ITST for Topspin 3? Ye are probably better off, it is seriously addictive :lol: Thank God the off season is upon us so I can get a break. First season playing it and I managed to qualify for the womens' SEC but went 1-2 and finished 3rd in my group :(

Sorry for being dim, but what is ITST? :confused:

V-MAC
Nov 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
World No.55 in VT3 :cool:

In online mode? That is really impressive considering how hard it is to get a good rank in that game online. I tried for months and could only peak at 150 in the mens'. I never bothered with the womens' game in VT3. How ever, I think I'm ready to have a another go at it:)

V-MAC
Nov 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Sorry for being dim, but what is ITST? :confused:

InterTopspinTour

Check out www.intertopspintour.net for more info if you wish;)

John.
Nov 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM
InterTopspinTour

Check out www.intertopspintour.net for more info if you wish;)

Ciarán
Nov 20th, 2008, 07:33 PM
In online mode? That is really impressive considering how hard it is to get a good rank in that game online. I tried for months and could only peak at 150 in the mens'. I never bothered with the womens' game in VT3. How ever, I think I'm ready to have a another go at it:)

In womans :tape:
I won 70 matches in a row, it got me up to 55 :D
My highest in mens is 400.
Whats your gamertag?

dynamoRockstarr
Nov 20th, 2008, 08:38 PM
whats up with the online play 4 TS3? seems like every time i go there, no one's online. its crazy.
as for VT3, i've completely ignored it since i have TS3, but i think i will be going back to playing it. and it has Vee.

has anyone played against a Venus character on TS3 online???? I made her but i know i can made a better one. her speed is 90 but it seems so slow at times when i play online.

Ciarán
Nov 20th, 2008, 09:40 PM
whats up with the online play 4 TS3? seems like every time i go there, no one's online. its crazy.
as for VT3, i've completely ignored it since i have TS3, but i think i will be going back to playing it. and it has Vee.

has anyone played against a Venus character on TS3 online???? I made her but i know i can made a better one. her speed is 90 but it seems so slow at times when i play online.

Hardly anyone plays womens on VT3 anymore. But I always get an opponent straight away in mens :shrug:. As for TS3 the only way to win is 100 power which is pathetic and takes all fun out of the game.

Andrew Laeddis
Nov 20th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Hardly anyone plays womens on VT3 anymore. But I always get an opponent straight away in mens :shrug:. As for TS3 the only way to win is 100 power which is pathetic and takes all fun out of the game.

I have a 90 in power and I win a lot of womens matches online for ts3. The problem is nowadays its hard to find opponents whenever I'm online. I'm pretty bad when it comes to mens matches. I'm starting to serve better with my male player though. My female player has a great serve. I hardly get broken playing with her so even if my opponent is a little better in the set I cant steal it in the tiebreak. I like to risk return from inside the baseline so my return is kinda like Venus. I miss some when I get it in I can take control of the point.

iPatty
Nov 20th, 2008, 10:09 PM
My gamertag is tennismastaa, so you guys add me.

Ciarán
Nov 20th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I have a 90 in power and I win a lot of womens matches online for ts3. The problem is nowadays its hard to find opponents whenever I'm online. I'm pretty bad when it comes to mens matches. I'm starting to serve better with my male player though. My female player has a great serve. I hardly get broken playing with her so even if my opponent is a little better in the set I cant steal it in the tiebreak. I like to risk return from inside the baseline so my return is kinda like Venus. I miss some when I get it in I can take control of the point.

Yah on mens you need like 100 power, but I have an awesome womans character and I cannot use her :sobbing:

V-MAC
Nov 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM

:lol: I think there is a glitch with the womens' serve in this game. It doesn't matter how tired you are, you can still always get a risk 1st serve in play. It will be slower but still.The mens' is tougher on the serve. Saying that, the women don't move as well as the men. My female characters always seem so sluggish and late to the ball :(

As for power, it is key for the women so yes you need at least 90 to compete. As for the men, I have only 75 power and I was ranked #2 so you don't need a lot of power at all :)

darkchild
Nov 21st, 2008, 08:04 PM
I qualified for the YEC as the 7th seed in the ITST tour, lost my 1st match to No.2 in 3 sets and won the next two.
Now I am in the semi and I am gonna pull a Venus!

Brett.
Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:42 AM
I am totally in love with SCT3 game :D

Golovinjured.
Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Has there been any downloadable content for TS3?

Sharapowerr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:24 AM
No, but there has been an update yesterday for the PS 3 version ... it hasn t changed things , i loose a lot online because some people have power/service 100 and than it s allready a miracle if i can return that well.. that s the difficlutiest thing for me to return if i do risk returns they are allmost all the time out or in the net and the normal return it s too simple ... so i loose a lot of points on that..

ilovethewilliams
Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
I've been playing TS3 for PS3 since it came out and I almost never find any female to play online so I basically ignore the females. As for the men, I agree it's so much cheating going on with the 100% serve and return that it's crazy to beat those players. Right now I'm ranked 91 in men but I can never beat a top 20 player because they have these amazing cheating serves and returns that most of the time I just retire than playing them. I like playing players in the 100-300 rank as we always end up having 30+ mins 3 set matches with long rallies. OH, let me go see if anyone online now to play a game.

online game tag blufetish

dynamoRockstarr
Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
yeah. when i play online my female character moves so much slower (90 speed) and my male character moves so much better and he's at 80 for speed.

After my first character got as high as #85 in womens when TS3 first came out, i caught on quick and made another character with an 80 for return. But now, its like a ghost town there.

My first character was pretty much all around with 70-bh/fh 67-volley 70-speed, 76-power, 70-return can't remember the other stats - i was kind of glad to reach 85th.

how's the online play for SCT3 for XBOX360???

anyone who wants to add me, gamertag is DMG100 for XBOXLive

gredin
Dec 21st, 2008, 11:04 AM
Has there been any downloadable content for TS3?

it seems the downloadable content has been cancelled :( it's a pity :(

anyway I'm desesperate to find someone on SCT3. If someone's interested my GT (360) is : Lermin1981

Miss Amor
Dec 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
No one plays VT3 :(

Sharapowerr
Dec 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
No one plays VT3 :(

Because Top Spin 3 , is better;)

Miss Amor
Dec 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Because Top Spin 3 , is better;)
I finished playing that one ..maybe I should get it again :sad:

Adal
Dec 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
EA Tennis to be released in late 2009 :dance:

fufuqifuqishahah
Dec 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
o my ea sports tennis will be for the wii as well as 360/Ps3

this is either going to be really crappy or really great for us tennis fans/players!

http://www.easports.com/tennis/

---

I still don't think any tennis game has even come close to capturing the drama of real tennis which is unfortunate. Not enough randomness to allow for seemingly phenomenal shots, crowds are still too polite, realistic grunts and effort are not really evident in the players themselves.

Sharapowerr
Dec 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I m now ranked 38 in the world in TS 3 on PS 3...

V-MAC
Dec 21st, 2008, 06:27 PM
I was ranked #1 in World Tour mode on the Xbox 360. And I didn't have to cheese to get there :angel:

~{X}~
Dec 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM
Bout time EA Games made a Tennis game! I'm excited! :bounce:

Привет
Dec 21st, 2008, 10:50 PM
I don't currently have any of the consoles this EA Tennis is meant to be coming out on, but by the end of next year, who knows, I might. :D

I hope this will be a bit more realistic then other tennis games. My favourite tennis game of all time is Smash Court 2, but even that was terribly unrealistic. No one ever hit an error. :shrug: The computer characters NEVER miss a first serve, every once in awhile they hit a let. I want a tennis game that is not insanely difficult to play (like Topspin on PS2) but that is still realistic enough that I know that I and the AI will be prone to hitting an unforced error every now and again.

Aaron.
Dec 22nd, 2008, 03:55 AM
Late 2009? too long :sad:

eugreene2
Dec 22nd, 2008, 04:20 AM
I don't currently have any of the consoles this EA Tennis is meant to be coming out on, but by the end of next year, who knows, I might. :D

I hope this will be a bit more realistic then other tennis games. My favourite tennis game of all time is Smash Court 2, but even that was terribly unrealistic. No one ever hit an error. :shrug: The computer characters NEVER miss a first serve, every once in awhile they hit a let. I want a tennis game that is not insanely difficult to play (like Topspin on PS2) but that is still realistic enough that I know that I and the AI will be prone to hitting an unforced error every now and again.

There are unforced errors in Top Spin 3. If you are in the wrong positioning, you can definitely hit some errors. The AI hit errors too - in fact, sometimes I play like that pusher, Jankovic - I get everything back & wait on the error from the AI. :lol:

Sharapowerr
Dec 22nd, 2008, 05:43 AM
When you play online and some have service 100, power 100 it s allmost not possible to return good ...

Fired
Dec 22nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
When you play online and some have service 100, power 100 it s allmost not possible to return good ...Try slicing the backhand, it always works for me.

Andy.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:13 AM
OK I have a question regarding Top Spin 3. I have only recently got the game and have created a few players and wanted to play them against each other. I went into exhibition mode and selected one of my created players but then when I went to select my second player it didnt give me the option of using one of my created players. Does that mean in TS3 you cant use 2 created players against each other? I hope that this is not true because that would be a big dissapointment.

So Disrespectful
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
OK I have a question regarding Top Spin 3. I have only recently got the game and have created a few players and wanted to play them against each other. I went into exhibition mode and selected one of my created players but then when I went to select my second player it didnt give me the option of using one of my created players. Does that mean in TS3 you cant use 2 created players against each other? I hope that this is not true because that would be a big dissapointment.

Guilty. :sad:

Andy.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Guilty. :sad:
WOW that is rubbish I cant believe they would get rid of that feature. Thats a big dissapointment I guess I will give up with the player creation then :o

So Disrespectful
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:49 AM
WOW that is rubbish I cant believe they would get rid of that feature. Thats a big dissapointment I guess I will give up with the player creation then :o

Tell me about it. Another annoying feature is only being allowed four players per user account. I've made about 5 accounts just so I can create more players. I'm getting sick of exhibitions against Seles and Sharapova, and the others suck so much that it's not worth it.

Andy.
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:53 AM
What about Virtual Tennis 3 and Smash Court Tennis 3?

Maria Croft
Jan 4th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I only just bought TS3 yesterday, I was gonna buy it like 6 months ago but I really wasn't feeling tennis then :lol:

I have to say I'm really enjoying it so far, the controls are great, it's all about your position on the court, only think that I don't like right now is that I haven't won a single match in Junior in a hard tournament, I can win the easy one's but not the hard ones, which is ridiculous since we are all supposed to be junior players, then how come they have stats in their 70's lol

Maria Croft
Jan 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
What about Virtual Tennis 3 and Smash Court Tennis 3?

You don't wanna buy VT3, it has the worst arcade like controls you could imagine for a game, you only play against the licensed players in the tour mode (there are like 6 of them and your career goes on for 10 years, do the match lol) and if you don't hit one ball right you lose the point or have to stay in a rally for one hour to try and win it.

Pebbles
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I can't wait for the EA Tennis game! I hope it's very realistic :D I can imagine all the licensed players and sponsors :drool: Really hope it feels more like real tennis than TS3.

Maria Croft
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I really struggled all through the juniors, never winning much in the Hard tournaments.
There was just one more months, and I was Ranked number 4, you need to be in the top 3 to become a pro. The only way to still get through was to win a Hard tournament AND hope that the opponent ranked number 3 wouldn’t get past the quarter finale.

I draw her in the QF and was able to take care of that myself lol, than as a miracle finally won my first Hard tournament and ended the year being ranked number 2 :)

The pro tour is going much easier for me, I’m actually able to compete from the very first second, just started my second pro year and I’m really starting to dominate now :lol:

I must say, TS3 is a great game!

2Black
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I really struggled all through the juniors, never winning much in the Hard tournaments.
There was just one more months, and I was Ranked number 4, you need to be in the top 3 to become a pro. The only way to still get through was to win a Hard tournament AND hope that the opponent ranked number 3 wouldn’t get past the quarter finale.

I draw her in the QF and was able to take care of that myself lol, than as a miracle finally won my first Hard tournament and ended the year being ranked number 2 :)

The pro tour is going much easier for me, I’m actually able to compete from the very first second, just started my second pro year and I’m really starting to dominate now :lol:

I must say, TS3 is a great game!

I just got TS3 for PS3 for Christmas. I LOVE it but I don't understand why you struggled so much in the juniors. After starting 1-2, I didnt lose again - 25 match winning streak. lol

Now I'm in the pros and like a dummy, I got arrogant based on my record in the juniors & entered the Aussie Open. Federer KILLED me in straights. Then Blake beat me at the Pacific Open. But now I'm starting to find my groove. I've beaten Blake & Roddick. I'm in the Hamburg tournament - most likely road to title requires me beating Haas, Nalbandian, Nadal & Federer - and I'm playing on the hardest level. This should be fun.

2Black
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Regarding EA Tennis - I wish I could talk to these people. If they can't get the following players, then there's no need to make another game.

MEN - Fed, Nadal, Novak, Murray, Roddick, Blake, Tsonga, Davydenko

WOMEN - Jelena, Ana, Serena, Venus, Elena, Maria, Safina, Kutznetsova

That's 16 players ... I know it's hard to sign players individually so I'll leave it there BUT those HAVE to be signed or it's just another game.

Because EA never gets a game right on the 1st go round, I'm not gonna even ask for a legends section.

V-MAC
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
:lol: Ye guys should play online. Some of the guys playing there are unreal with some of the shots they can come up with.

DA FOREHAND
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I have TP3 for Wii...Mad they don't have any lefthanded players

DA FOREHAND
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I have TP3 for Wii...Mad they don't have any lefthanded players

Havok
Jan 7th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I, for one, am very excited about the EA Tennis game. I mean look at what they did with their NHL franchise. The game is ridiculously realistic and it really does feel as though you are playing in the actual AHL/NHL schedule. You create your player, start off in the farm teams, get called up if you are playing well/NHL player gets hurt and start off on the 4th line. Bust your ass to stay on the team and slowly you move up starting lines. Don't play like a superstar on the first two lines and you get demoted back to lines 3 and 4 in a heartbeat.

I think it will take some time for EA to get the tennis game right, but if I had to bank on something it would be that they will make it as realistic as possible; ie. real schedules, real clothes/equipment, real rankings etc. I just really hope they invest in their Tennis game as they do for NHL/NFL/NBA/PGA etc that is release a new one every year. Mind you that will not be needed for a Tennis game, but every 18 months would be a good amount of time to freshen things up. Plus they actually WORK on creating and fine tuning their games so that they are the absolute best and most realistic sports game there is. They have clearly achieved that with NHL 09 so here's to them sticking with it and maybe we will end up with the best Tennis game ever!:hearts:

dynamoRockstarr
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I got smash court tennis 3 on christmas and an sooo in love with it. My first character's career was difficult. Three years I got to level 66 and finally started winning GS. My ranking went from 130 to 80th. Then I made another career and since most of the items were unlocked, I got the best racquet and shoes and any xtras that add power. But now I think I shouldn't have done that becuz I've won every tournament I entered. As with ts3 I made the finals of australia and won - instantly went to #1. I hated that simply bcuz the challenge wuznt there. It was on hard difficulty also.

dynamoRockstarr
Jan 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I got smash court tennis 3 on christmas and an sooo in love with it. My first character's career was difficult. Three years I got to level 66 and finally started winning GS. My ranking went from 130 to 80th. Then I made another career and since most of the items were unlocked, I got the best racquet and shoes and any xtras that add power. But now I think I shouldn't have done that becuz I've won every tournament I entered. As with ts3 I made the finals of australia and won - instantly went to #1. I hated that simply bcuz the challenge wuznt there. It was on hard difficulty also.

Andrew Laeddis
Jan 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM

I like SCT3 too but I can never find matches online.

2Black
Jan 9th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I, for one, am very excited about the EA Tennis game. I mean look at what they did with their NHL franchise. The game is ridiculously realistic and it really does feel as though you are playing in the actual AHL/NHL schedule. You create your player, start off in the farm teams, get called up if you are playing well/NHL player gets hurt and start off on the 4th line. Bust your ass to stay on the team and slowly you move up starting lines. Don't play like a superstar on the first two lines and you get demoted back to lines 3 and 4 in a heartbeat.

I think it will take some time for EA to get the tennis game right, but if I had to bank on something it would be that they will make it as realistic as possible; ie. real schedules, real clothes/equipment, real rankings etc. I just really hope they invest in their Tennis game as they do for NHL/NFL/NBA/PGA etc that is release a new one every year. Mind you that will not be needed for a Tennis game, but every 18 months would be a good amount of time to freshen things up. Plus they actually WORK on creating and fine tuning their games so that they are the absolute best and most realistic sports game there is. They have clearly achieved that with NHL 09 so here's to them sticking with it and maybe we will end up with the best Tennis game ever!:hearts:

Let's hope this is the case. The one thing that holds tennis back is that each player must be signed individually. But I would love a real schedule with injuries & atleast the top 20 from both men & women. Real crowd interaction etc.

fufuqifuqishahah
Jan 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM
hey guys!

Try Tennis Elbow 2009, made by the same people who did that Tennis manager game that everyone was playing in the offseason.

It was ranked 2nd best sports indie game of 2008 by Game Tunnel: http://www.gametunnel.com/articles.php?id=724

There are some bugs they need to work out but give it a try ;).

http://www.managames.com/tennis

Havok
Jan 10th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Regarding EA Tennis - I wish I could talk to these people. If they can't get the following players, then there's no need to make another game.

MEN - Fed, Nadal, Novak, Murray, Roddick, Blake, Tsonga, Davydenko

WOMEN - Jelena, Ana, Serena, Venus, Elena, Maria, Safina, Kutznetsova

That's 16 players ... I know it's hard to sign players individually so I'll leave it there BUT those HAVE to be signed or it's just another game.

Because EA never gets a game right on the 1st go round, I'm not gonna even ask for a legends section.

In the only report currently out for the game, it has been mentioned that we will also be able to play with past players as well!:banana: