PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Videogames Thread // EA Tennis Xbox360/PS3 version confirmed

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

pierce85
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:04 AM
sorry guys but i just recently bought both TOPSPIN 3 AND VIRTUA TENNIS3 for ps3 and i find topspin to be really inferior in comparison to virtua tennis.of course topspin has some very cool caracteristics(player creator,cool tournaments) but it has really bad graphics(players do not resemble the real ones,whereas in virtua tennis they seem very much alike) and a very hard gameplay.virtua tennis is top fun imo,if only it had the real tournies

Ntour
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I want to see a gameplay vid of women playing

if anyone saw the vids on youtube the person who was controlling the P1 sucked :tape:

here is SELES v. SHARAPOVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Ql5rdZgNw

and some created players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qNCgUWUreU

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I just played the most insanely fun exhibition match on Very Hard. I picked Sharapova and played against Seles. In the first set, I was overwhelmed pretty much and was broken twice to go down 3-6. I had chances to hold in both the service games that I lost and had 2 break points in one game that I didn't convert, so I knew I could stick with her.

The second set is when it got really interesting. I knew I needed to start to hit harder and take more chances, but I needed to cut the errors down slightly cause I made some key ones in the first set. I did exactly that, and we were neck and neck. Neither of us gave an inch, in fact, I didn't have a breakpoint throughout the entire set. We were on serve to 4-5, and she had 2 match points on me at 15-40 but I held them off, one I was a bit lucky cause she made a mistake, and one I hit a winner down the line. Squeeked out of that game and managed to send it to a tiebreak. This is when it got realllly crazy. I got a mini break to go up 3-1, which she immediately got back. After that, it went with serve for a while. I missed a handful of set points, she missed a few more match points. Such intense rallies, it was amazing. Then I got a mini break to go up 9-8 and I was like "YES! Got it" but I lost the next point after she slammed a winner down the line, was nothing I could do. I was going crazy, seriously. Then it kept going with serve until 13-13, got a mini break off a return winner, just took a crack at it and it worked, and I closed out the set after a big serve. Second set Sharapova 7-6(13) :D.

Now the third set. :sobbing: She started serving and right off the bat I had 0-40, 3 break points. I was like "okay maybe I can grab control of this match now"... but I FUCKED UPPPP so badly on the first break point, made such a dumb error, and then she saved the next 2 with winners and I imploded. That was my chance and I fucked it up LOL. Anyway it went with serve 'til 3-2 her, then she broke me for 4-2 after a very long deuce-ad game. Then I was determined to break back, went up 0-30 on her service game, but again couldn't close out the deal, lost another deuce-ad battle. Then we each held once more, and that sealed my fate.

Seles (COM) def. Sharapova (1P) 6-3 6-7(13) 6-3 :sad: The telling stat of the match was break point conversions - she was 3/8 while I was 0/5. Sigh.

But seriously, it was sooooo much fun and so intense. This game is amazing, I love it. If you pick the proper matchups, it's very challenging, and it won't change even if you master the game. Topspin 3 is a smash hit, ladies and gents. If SCT3 comes anywhere close to this I'll be satisfied.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Wow, I didn't realize I wrote so much. :o Man, that was fun. :p

Havok
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Seles and Sharapova, two ladies I can't stand playing against. They drive me crazy. Played an exho Seles (me) vs Sharapova (CPU), lost the first set in a tie-break and then proceeded to quit the game because she got me pissed.:haha:

Best tennis game ever. Even though the fact that they seemed to have looked over many little things in the game (which imo is key in replay value), this game still rocks because it's so damn realistic. Plus it actually takes a while if you want to really master the game. I've yet to get a hand of the risk shots, mainly because I'm afraid of hitting 47292383 errors and losing matches.:o

Ryan
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:27 AM
I need to play more exos. :lol: I don't play a ton right now because im working so much every day but im pretty much always in career. WTD - sounds like an epic match. :cool: The only thing that I don't really like about this game is sometimes I feel it makes you miss on purpose. Sometimes when I have two or three breakpoints I hit an easy EASY shot into the net - you can say I mistimed it or something, but the number of times it happens is ridiculous and I don't think I'm doing anything "wrong" on those returns. :shrug: Not a big thing, just makes me have to work harder!

stevos
Jun 30th, 2008, 04:33 AM
This is the best tennis game ever, and I have no idea how they could have made it better! (Besides the Williams sisters and a couple little touchups with movements).

Honestly, I am so so so pleased with the people behind Top Spin 3, I wanted exactly this, a realistic tennis game. I feel like I am part of this "tour" or whatever, I don't know. Well I've only done exhibitions (I only had like an hour and I played out all the tutorials).
This game is so challenging! I will have to work at it to master timing, I'm just so used to Top Spin 2, anyone finding that shift kind of difficult? I'll get it soon I'm sure though.
Replays! LOL can't believe they left them out of the last game, but yeah it's great to have them.

I got pwned on easy mode against Vaidisova, using Sharapova. But I'll get the hang of it. Like Naldo said earlier, the winners are so rewarding, and the points resemble how a real tennis point would happen.
I'm ecstatic.

Dave, that sounds like such an epic match. :sobbing: Yay. That's what makes games so fun, to have those ones, awesome. And I'm glad you're still challenged! Give me time before we go live together, I need to catch up big time.

I think I'll create a Venus or Serena.

stevos
Jun 30th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I'm just posting all the gamertags in one post so when I get my TV at my house where I have teh intrnt I can add you guys.
Dennis, you're going to get pwned once I'm peak. Watch it.

add me! syystemofaden. we'll play!

I'm KillingEva btw. :D

my gamertag : Lermin1981
my faves : Seles/Wozniacki (I didn't create my own player so I only play on exhibition match)

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 30th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Just played another doozy, Blake (me) def. Federer 6-2 4-6 6-2... really shouldn't have lost that second set, couldn't convert like 5 bp's early and I was a retard in the game I got broken. Anyway, I'm surprised Federer wasn't that tough a matchup, I mean it was hard, but I always felt in control, and I was in the vast majority of his service games. That's more than I can say about the Seles match. :p Seles is definitely the hardest opponent for me right now, I'll keep experimenting though.

Seles and Sharapova, two ladies I can't stand playing against. They drive me crazy. Played an exho Seles (me) vs Sharapova (CPU), lost the first set in a tie-break and then proceeded to quit the game because she got me pissed.:haha:

Best tennis game ever. Even though the fact that they seemed to have looked over many little things in the game (which imo is key in replay value), this game still rocks because it's so damn realistic. Plus it actually takes a while if you want to really master the game. I've yet to get a hand of the risk shots, mainly because I'm afraid of hitting 47292383 errors and losing matches.:o
LOL @ getting pissed. Sharapova isn't a tough matchup for me personally, but HATES playing Seles. She hits crazy hard and hits these acute angles and paints lines, just like the real Seles. They did a really awesome job with her. Sharapova is too slow in this game, that's part of the reason I couldn't squeek out that match I played with her earlier.

If we're nitpicking - I have to say that the crowd reaction and noise between points is a disappointment for me overall. Like sometimes you'll play this loooong point and blast a winner, and they'll barely acknowledge it and it just takes some energy away from the matches, if they added that element it would make it that much more intense IMO. But still, I'm not complaining. Positives > Negatives.

]The only thing that I don't really like about this game is sometimes I feel it makes you miss on purpose. Sometimes when I have two or three breakpoints I hit an easy EASY shot into the net - you can say I mistimed it or something, but the number of times it happens is ridiculous and I don't think I'm doing anything "wrong" on those returns. :shrug: Not a big thing, just makes me have to work harder!
I know what you mean. :lol: Part of why I like that though is it's realistic. Sometimes you're just gonna miss a shot for no valid reason, it's just an error basically, real tennis players do it too. The truth is when you make those errors there's subtle things going wrong either with your position or your timing, it's just hard to pinpoint it at times. It'll happen less and less as you get better, trust me.

Dave, that sounds like such an epic match. :sobbing: Yay. That's what makes games so fun, to have those ones, awesome. And I'm glad you're still challenged! Give me time before we go live together, I need to catch up big time.
Yeah I'll need another little bit too, I need to make sure I actually have the XBox Live 6 months free thing that I've never used, I don't even know where it is (or what it is :weirdo: :o). And I still need to buy the wireless adapter. Maybe I'll look into it tomorrow after work, it's just so tempting to go and play instead! :lol:

gorecki
Jun 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM
here is SELES v. SHARAPOVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Ql5rdZgNw

and some created players

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qNCgUWUreU
that 2nd clip has to the one of the most realistic tennis game i have ever seen! :worship:
i'd totally believe that was a real WTA match!!! :lol:

where the game rewards you for positioning your player and hitting at the right moment! and not magically return a shot when the ball seems way out of reach by button mashing! *coughVTcough*

i'd have to find a way to get this game and a X360 soon :sobbing:

Maryamator
Jun 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM
i just played online and beat someone 6-1 with rafa nadal:woohoo:

So Disrespectful
Jun 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I find it funny that they needed another marketable female player and figured nobody knew Wozniacki, so they made her the perfect barbie doll type. :tape: :lol:

Maryamator
Jun 30th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I find it funny that they needed another marketable female player and figured nobody knew Wozniacki, so they made her the perfect barbie doll type. :tape: :lol:

I'm suprised there's no serena, venus, ivanovic, jankovic.:p

Tipp
Jun 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM
:woohoo: Just got my first pay cheque at my new job today! First thing I'm doing when I get off work is picking TS3 up. I have a PS3 and my PSN ID is cathalc. Feel free to add me, everyone. I won't be online for a few days, though, til I get the hang of things. Don't want to embarrass myself too much. :lol:

Ryan
Jun 30th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have a preferred "angle" to play their matches at? I like changing it up every couple games and I think almost all of them make the tennis look really realistic. The "TV Far" and "TV Close" angles are my favorite because they look like real TV shots. I'm working all day so wont get to play it until tonight so ill try and be patient. :lol:

Andrew Laeddis
Jun 30th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I maxed out my character pretty quickly by playing on very easy mode. (so i could play online) After I finished I played exhibition matches on normal against most of the female pros. I destroyed Mauresmo 6/1,6/0, Kuznetsova 6/2,6/2, Vaidisova 6/1,6/1 (the only player to df on match point :lol:). I beat Sharapova 6/3,7/6. That second shoulda been 6/4 but I had a Venus momentary mental lapse and lost an early break then broke again to serve it out at 6/5 but got broekn back for a second time. Fortunately I won the tiebebreak 7/4 which I usually suck at. I lost to Seles who should not be that fast when she has less than 70 points in speed. I've also never seen Seles slice that much and that well. I won the first set 6/3. I had 15-40 in her first service game in the second set and 30-40 on her third service game in the second set and I wasted all of my bp chances. I know this is just a game but i got so pissed especially considering that some of the shots Seles hit look humanly impossible. I lost the second set 6/3 and started tanking games. I got broken early in the second set and once I started to make an effort again I couldnt get the break back and Seles won 3/6,6/3,6/4. I played Henin and won the first set 6/4, got destroyed in the secod set 6/2, lead 4-3 in the third and had a break point to go up 5-3 but somehow I hit a massive backhand down the line (with a 90 in bh and 80 in power) Henin barley gets to the shot, manages to hit a forehand even harder than my perfectly timed and full powered backhand ( which should be impossible considering her fh and power stats and my bh and power stats). Her shot somehow forces me to hit a bh error from behind the baseline. She holds and I get so pissed off that I lose the next two games easily. Henin wins 4/6,6/2,6/4. I swear in that match I got about about 3 or 4 close line calls that had me looking on the zoom view trying to see if Sandra de Jenkin was in the chair. :lol:

I struggle against players who get a ton of balls back (Seles, Henin, Murray, etc.) I still feel like I suck at this game (even though I can beat 95% of players on normal mode) but i definitely suck less that I did when I got the game n the 24th.

nniels
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Sharapova def. Seles 63 64 on Very Hard :woohoo: Somehow I did it, I got beaten in straight sets every single time! Converted 3 of 13 bp's, how crazy is that? I made 48 winners (Seles 52), I made 6 errors and Seles 27, :lol:

Oh and I prefer the TV Far angle, love that one :)

darkangel23
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Doesn't anyone have the feeling that the game is very slow there?! Or is it only because I have the Nintendo Wii version?! And I read that Monica Seles should be available but I didn't find her :sad:

Mikey.
Jun 30th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Doesn't anyone have the feeling that the game is very slow there?! Or is it only because I have the Nintendo Wii version?! And I read that Monica Seles should be available but I didn't find her :sad:

Yes I have it on Wii as well and it is very slow. I don't really like it :bigcry: I want to get the xbox version.

starin
Jun 30th, 2008, 05:05 PM
i got to number 1 playing normal pretty easily. I still feel like I suck though. I think normal is too easy.

I can't get the risk serve working well though. I played a guy online and he pwned me w/ his risk serves in the corners. Risk shots are really hard to use as well. i don't really understand the timing for them yet.

Pebbles
Jun 30th, 2008, 05:09 PM
You know, apart from the fact we can have a much broader range of clothing and rackets, IMO, TS2 had a much more realistic world tour. I hate the fact you can change difficulty levels, why not make bigger tournaments harder to win just like in real life? :(

starin
Jun 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
You know, apart from the fact we can have a much broader range of clothing and rackets, IMO, TS2 had a much more realistic world tour. I hate the fact you can change difficulty levels, why not make bigger tournaments harder to win just like in real life? :(

well i like that you can miss and you have to be mentally paying attention to win. Like sometimes I'm hitting great risk serves after risk serve and sometimes the ball is hitting me in the head. Same for groundstrokes, when you time it well the regular groundstrokes can be hit very hard or if you're late it just pops the ball up. So its like you have to be mentally ready.

Wiggly
Jul 1st, 2008, 01:45 AM
How do you hit the ball? I've played for one hour on Very Easy and won TWO freaking pts.

I don't understand the game at all. It's embarassing. When I'm lucky enough to hit the ball, it's going to be the biggest moonball ever.

PLEASE HELP ME. :lol:

Ryan
Jul 1st, 2008, 02:24 AM
How do you hit the ball? I've played for one hour on Very Easy and won TWO freaking pts.

I don't understand the game at all. It's embarassing. When I'm lucky enough to hit the ball, it's going to be the biggest moonball ever.

PLEASE HELP ME. :lol:

Instead of pressing the button AS the ball comes into your racket, you need to press the button (A, B, X, Y) as your opponent hits it - then direct your player towards the ball with the left analog while holding the button you want. When you're "in position" or where you want to be to hit the ball, you have to wait for it to bounce on your side of the court once, and then release soon after. Basically think that you have to release the button in time to let your racket swing towards the ball - too early or too late and you mis hit it or miss it completely. Hope that helps.

Wiggly
Jul 1st, 2008, 02:29 AM
Instead of pressing the button AS the ball comes into your racket, you need to press the button (A, B, X, Y) as your opponent hits it - then direct your player towards the ball with the left analog while holding the button you want. When you're "in position" or where you want to be to hit the ball, you have to wait for it to bounce on your side of the court once, and then release soon after. Basically think that you have to release the button in time to let your racket swing towards the ball - too early or too late and you mis hit it or miss it completely. Hope that helps.

Sure. Thank you so much! I've just hit my first winner. :lol:

V-MAC
Jul 1st, 2008, 03:57 AM
The career mode is a little too long and I get bored once I hit the pro tour level. I wish there was a quicker way to level up my players.

btw, I just created a new player and by pure chance he ended up looking the spitting image of Fernando Verdasco :lol: I had to name him that but I made him play right-handed by mistake :o

AcesHigh
Jul 1st, 2008, 04:42 AM
Is it even worth waiting for SCT3? Looks like it sucks :( and Top Spin 3 looks pretty good. I haven't even bought a next gen system but Top Spin 3 looks like a good enough reason to buy an Xbox360.

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:06 AM
I wish there was a quicker way to level up my players.
Make your custom player and set it on very easy in career mode, finish the challenger circuite so that you reach the Juniors. Leave career and take your created player to Tournament Mode, on very easy with one set and 3 games. Play the slams, Sony and Pacific Life. these tournaments are 5 rounds and will give you anywhere from 150 to 200 xp points per match. Thats 800 to 1000 points. :)

Tipp
Jul 1st, 2008, 11:30 AM
I haven't even bought a next gen system but Top Spin 3 looks like a good enough reason to buy an Xbox360.

Or a PS3 :)

I just picked it up yesterday and I love it, but it's so hard! Like many of you I got to Junior level and hit a wall. I played 5 tournaments before I had to go to bed (all of them the "easy" ones) and got knocked out in the first round each time! And this is after I spent the first two hours of the game in the Top Spin school finishing all the lessons.

xr6turbo
Jul 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
I just had an epic match on very hard with Seles(me) vs. Sharapova(com). Seles got whooped in the first set 6-1.. and was down 2-4 in the second, but managed to break back and force a TB which Seles won 7-4 :hearts: The 3rd set went with serve up until 3-3, when Sharapova somewhat ironically served two double faults in a row to go down 15-40 in her service game. The next serve she hit was a puffball that landed in the middle of the box which Seles dispatched for a winner :hearts: Seles held twice more to finally win 1-6 7-6(4) 6-4. :yeah:

I really love this game.. I found myself screaming at the TV numerous times after missing such ridiculous shots. You really have to concentrate in this game or your just going to make errors all the time by hitting the ball late etc. Sometimes you try and go for too much, and make an error.. other times u will find that you are being too safe, and the opponent will just run you around. Such a great game.

I'm going to play my Venus in career mode now. :hearts:

Ksenia.
Jul 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
I just had an epic match on very hard with Seles(me) vs. Sharapova(com). Seles got whooped in the first set 6-1.. and was down 2-4 in the second, but managed to break back and force a TB which Seles won 7-4 :hearts: The 3rd set went with serve up until 3-3, when Sharapova somewhat ironically served two double faults in a row to go down 15-40 in her service game. The next serve she hit was a puffball that landed in the middle of the box which Seles dispatched for a winner :hearts: Seles held twice more to finally win 1-6 7-6(4) 6-4. :yeah:

I really love this game.. I found myself screaming at the TV numerous times after missing such ridiculous shots. You really have to concentrate in this game or your just going to make errors all the time by hitting the ball late etc. Sometimes you try and go for too much, and make an error.. other times u will find that you are being too safe, and the opponent will just run you around. Such a great game.

I'm going to play my Venus in career mode now. :hearts:Sounds so realistic :drool: Damnit a want a PC version:o I don't have enough money to buy a console and the game :sad:

Marcelo.
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM
I have got the game, but i can´t serve hard :( In the school I can't make the stars apear in that box , Can anyone tell me how to do it ?:sad:

Havok
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:30 PM
You press the button correspodning to which type of serve you want to hit. Keep it held the entire time, pick your direction and when the ball reaches its maximum height, you let go of the button/directional pad and wham a 3 star serve!

Marcelo.
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:33 PM
You press the button correspodning to which type of serve you want to hit. Keep it held the entire time, pick your direction and when the ball reaches its maximum height, you let go of the button/directional pad and wham a 3 star serve!

Thank you very much ! :) I'll try :D

F-R-E-A-K
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:39 PM
:sad::sad:

I can't play my XBOX 360 atm. :fiery: It f#cked up for no reason at all when we moved and now I have to get it repaired. :tape: :help:

queperknuckle
Jul 1st, 2008, 10:48 PM
So, I'm at the point now where I've become number one and I need to win 4 grand slams in a row and beat some legendary players. But, my player's XP is maxed out. The biggest question is, if I complete these two objectives, will my player get more XP? Anyone know?

I'm ranked 21 online in mens. I want to make a player who has 90 on volleys, but I don't think a guy like this can win unless his speed is at least 85 and his serve at least 70. That doesn't leave much for. His stamina would have to be at least 60. I think this is the next player I'll create, a serve volley machine!

So Disrespectful
Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:29 AM
World Tour mode on Xbox live just stopped working for me today. The unranked matches are fine, it's just the ranked matches that won't load.

And just a bit about the gameplay, I don't understand how I can compete in the career mode and land 100% strong first serves in, then as soon as I take it to live with the exact same technique, they all go long or wide.

No Name Face
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:59 AM
I love Top Spin 3. It's what I do after work. Haven't even started GTA 4. I tried the tour with my character's stats at 58. Won one match 3-0, 3-0...lost the next 3-0, 3-0 (but i had chances in that one, it's just hard to win against a guy with maxed stats when you don't have 'em). So I'm going to finish maxing out my character and then doing the damn thing. Very excited. I may not even get Smash Court...esp if it's like Virtua Tennis. ick.

V-MAC
Jul 2nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
Make your custom player and set it on very easy in career mode, finish the challenger circuite so that you reach the Juniors. Leave career and take your created player to Tournament Mode, on very easy with one set and 3 games. Play the slams, Sony and Pacific Life. these tournaments are 5 rounds and will give you anywhere from 150 to 200 xp points per match. Thats 800 to 1000 points. :)

Cheers for that tip. I'll give it a try ;)

Sander.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 06:20 AM
It's a beautiful game, but somethimes not realistic. No Serbians, No Williams:drool:

So Disrespectful
Jul 2nd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Turns out that my user profile was corrupt from a power outage. :o

Now I have to start from scratch to build up my character, which means no more maxed out Daniela. I'm using a new JCF, but I think this one looks more authentic. My new gamertag is KillingEve (instead of KillingEva) :lol:

Josh.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Since this thread is huge, and I am lazy and don't want to look through the entire thread; Since Seles is in TP3, can you create a player with double handed strokes?

So Disrespectful
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:25 AM
Since this thread is huge, and I am lazy and don't want to look through the entire thread; Since Seles is in TP3, can you create a player with double handed strokes?

Yes, you can create a female player with a double handed forehand. There is an oversight with the animations though, and your character (including Seles), only actually hits a two handed stroke 60% of the time.

Josh.
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:31 AM
Yes, you can create a female player with a double handed forehand. There is an oversight with the animations though, and your character (including Seles), only actually hits a two handed stroke 60% of the time.

Still :hearts: Wish that was in every game :lol:

Thanks.

Ryan
Jul 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Ok, I have a question to make sure I'm doing things right. My created Hingis is IMO pretty damn realistic, and I like to use volleys, slices and dropshots pretty frequently during points. BUT I find that my dropshots are always into the net or up near the service line...does anyone have advise on how to properly hit a GOOD dropshot, or is it just chance? I usually hold Y down and pull back on the right trigger until the ball comes towards me but I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to go.

Also, for volleys. In the School it ways you just tap the button you want to hit a volley - which I do and works most of the time. My Hingis has a "70" on volley and I've got pretty good instincts at net, but sometimes I just shank an easy volley - is there a better way to hit volleys or am I just being too picky? And when your opponent hits a lob that I think I should be able to hit, my player definitely just watches it sail by. Is there some way to get these, like holding left bumper to run backwards?

V-MAC
Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Drop shots are really tough to pull off for me too. Most of mine end up in the bottom of the net. However, I think it is slightly easier to pull one off if you use the right analogue stick instead of pressing Y. As the ball approaches, push up a little on the right analogue stick and then as you are just about to hit the ball, press down on it. Hope that helps :)

Oneofakind0490
Jul 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
It seems the only time I ever hit a good dropshot is if im inside the baseline. Other wise its by the service line or in the net.

Ntour
Jul 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
I just got this game and it is sooo good, i picked up the controls pretty wuickly however it took a while for the habit of not letting go to die down a bit.

i just played some exhibitions oin normal mode after i finished topspin school

I lost to Sharapova 2-6 1-6
Sveta 3-6 0-6
then i played Momo and won 3-6 6-4 7-6(4) after being 5-1 up in the third :o

its so much fun and realistic too

50Sense
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:57 PM
A few questions for those of you who have the game and are willing to share:

1. In creating a player, is it true that you can actually choose swing animations for groundstrokes?
2. How many service motions can you choose from?
3. Is there a wide array of clothing choices?
4. How realistic is the winner/error ratio? Do most points tend to end on winners or errors?

I'm sure some of these questions have already been answered, but I'd appreciate any help! I hope to be getting my console and game in about two weeks time. Until then, I play the game through all of you! :lol:

A_S
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
anyone know how to change the difficulty on the Wii, i am only playing exhibition so far. Also each surface seems the same?

Ryan
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
A few questions for those of you who have the game and are willing to share:

1. In creating a player, is it true that you can actually choose swing animations for groundstrokes?
2. How many service motions can you choose from?
3. Is there a wide array of clothing choices?
4. How realistic is the winner/error ratio? Do most points tend to end on winners or errors?

I'm sure some of these questions have already been answered, but I'd appreciate any help! I hope to be getting my console and game in about two weeks time. Until then, I play the game through all of you! :lol:

1. Yup. There are about 4-5 swing animations for forehand, backhand, and serve to choose from. You can go anywhere from as extreme as Nadal to a continental grip. On the women's side you can create a 2-fisted forehand.

2. I think there are like 6 service motions to pick from, most pretty similar though.

3. Yup. There's a Nike, Adidas, Yonex, Ellesse and Babalot stores in the "Mall" plus a Global Store with all the stuff in it plus some extras in it I think. Then there's a racket and shoe store plus a hair salon and barber shop, and a "Locker Room" where you sort through everything you bought.

4. I think its really realistic. There are generally more winners than errors, but thats usually because you play some hard fought points to outmaneuver your opponent. There are more service winners if you hit a good serve, but there are IMO a really fair amount of errors (enough to get you frustrated haha) that you hit because your opponent hit a really good shot you just get a racket on or you just mis-time. I played an Exhibition against Henin on Normal had had like 28 winners to 11 errors and Henin had 30 winners to about 19 errors.

queperknuckle
Jul 2nd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Cheers for that tip. I'll give it a try ;)

Actually, you'd prolly get there just as fast on very easy in world tour mode. Because towards the end, you start getting like 500+ point for winning grand slams where as in tournament mode you always get the same amount.

G1Player2
Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
Ok, I have a question to make sure I'm doing things right. My created Hingis is IMO pretty damn realistic, and I like to use volleys, slices and dropshots pretty frequently during points. BUT I find that my dropshots are always into the net or up near the service line...does anyone have advise on how to properly hit a GOOD dropshot, or is it just chance? I usually hold Y down and pull back on the right trigger until the ball comes towards me but I'm not sure if this is how its supposed to go.

Also, for volleys. In the School it ways you just tap the button you want to hit a volley - which I do and works most of the time. My Hingis has a "70" on volley and I've got pretty good instincts at net, but sometimes I just shank an easy volley - is there a better way to hit volleys or am I just being too picky? And when your opponent hits a lob that I think I should be able to hit, my player definitely just watches it sail by. Is there some way to get these, like holding left bumper to run backwards?

I created a Hingis as well and I am having trouble with the dropshot as well. :mad: But, I don't use Y, I use the right analog stick yet I am still having trouble pulling it off. I have tried everything. And, I shank easy volley's as well but i haven't maxed out the stats yet.

Ryan
Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:27 PM
I've been trying the right analog and its working better, I've hit some really good ones but I'm still missing some.

VeeJJ
Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:41 PM
Okay, so how good is this game, should i buy it? what r the pros and cons???

Richie's
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:03 AM
Is Danka playnig there??? Can i download it from Internet???

Pebbles
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:15 AM
Daniella not in this game :)

zvonarevarulz
Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Mine comes tomorrow:bounce:

zvonarevarulz
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM
btw how many rounds are there for slams?

Maryamator
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:14 AM
btw how many rounds are there for slams?

5 i think (someone confirm:p)

No Name Face
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:27 AM
yes 5.
my guy is decked out in yonex and is almost maxed out...can't wait to bring him to the online circuit. add me if you haven't -- syystemofaden. i want to be in the top 30 ranked players on the circuit. after im done with my guy then i have to make a girl

Wiggly
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
The toughest part is the serve/return. :lol:
When you're on the run, it's also very difficult to attack again.

I'm currently struck between Easy and Normal. :o

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:37 AM
Playing my Career as Dokic on Very Hard... won all 4 events I've played, 20-0 record, only lost 1 set in the 4 events. I've basically stopped adding all my EXP points, I got her at 70 on FH, BH & Power, and 40-60 in the other categories. If I go any higher I'll completely stop losing games. :o

I honestly have more fun with this game on exhibition mode with the pros, you can customize the matchup to make it a definite challenge. I've pretty much mastered everyone in Career mode, except I've yet to play Seles. I hope I can at some point, although I don't see her name on the rankings or anything. :unsure:

Once I get XBox Live (should be within the next week), I'll make sure I max out my Dokic before pitting her against other actual players. I know some of the people on there are hardcore. :lol:

No Name Face
Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:59 AM
i need to bump my difficulty to very hard, i started the second pro season after ending the first at #3 and i beat my first two opponents at the AO on hard love and love. i love my character though, i think i'll be able to do some damage online. then i have to build a hot black girl tennis player...i hope the girls tour plays as well as the guys tour. i remember in topspin 1 and 2 the females sucked compared to the guys, so much to the point where i never wanted to play as one.

Alizé Molik
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
on the ps3 version, was anybody else horrified that you loose the points you've won at the start of the year? it kind of makes it pointless..in that all you're doing every year is repeating the same thing, without having to defend your points?! The tour in general is not to my liking, but it's topspin so i'm not shocked.

is smash court coming out on ps3 as well?

DokicForever
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Playing my Career as Dokic on Very Hard... won all 4 events I've played, 20-0 record, only lost 1 set in the 4 events. I've basically stopped adding all my EXP points, I got her at 70 on FH, BH & Power, and 40-60 in the other categories. If I go any higher I'll completely stop losing games. :o

I honestly have more fun with this game on exhibition mode with the pros, you can customize the matchup to make it a definite challenge. I've pretty much mastered everyone in Career mode, except I've yet to play Seles. I hope I can at some point, although I don't see her name on the rankings or anything. :unsure:

Once I get XBox Live (should be within the next week), I'll make sure I max out my Dokic before pitting her against other actual players. I know some of the people on there are hardcore. :lol:

I made Jela too :) lol but i got ps3 so i dont know if we could play each other?

So Disrespectful
Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:48 AM
I keep playing Leona Lewis and D.Licious on Xbox Live :lol:

jochem
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Where the F*CK is Wimbledon?????! I see RG, AO and UO but is Dublin a replacement for Wimbledon!!!! My fave tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xr6turbo
Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Where the F*CK is Wimbledon?????! I see RG, AO and UO but is Dublin a replacement for Wimbledon!!!! My fave tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there is the 'london tennis club' :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
The more I play it, the more I realize how unimpressive the Career mode is in this game. :o Not to mention it takes too damn long to finish tournaments/matches, it took me over an hour to win my last event and I didn't even lose a set. I'm just gonna start adding all my EXP points and fuck it, I just want to max her out already.

Pebbles
Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
It sounds like the WT mode is wayyy to easy. They should have never made the option to change difficulty. I want SCT3 now, SCT2 had a great World Tour mode :rocker2:

Ryan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah career mode drags on and on...I put it on easy just to get all my XP and I've got like 40 points left to spread out, then I'll play tournaments and exhibitions. :D and Online. :D

queperknuckle
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM
i need to bump my difficulty to very hard, i started the second pro season after ending the first at #3 and i beat my first two opponents at the AO on hard love and love. i love my character though, i think i'll be able to do some damage online. then i have to build a hot black girl tennis player...i hope the girls tour plays as well as the guys tour. i remember in topspin 1 and 2 the females sucked compared to the guys, so much to the point where i never wanted to play as one.

Hey. You should play me :) I'm almost done creating my character. My gamertag is ArtistMosi

V-MAC
Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
woohoo I just won my first ITST match at first try. Demolished my opponent 6-0 6-0 :devil:

Havok
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
My Dokic is almost done. Just missing one point to put it to her power to bump it up to 80. Everytime I tried to play a match on the online tour, nobody was there.:o

People usualy play with men, so I'm going to need to work on my Gasquet if I ever want to play on the online tour and see how I rank vs the world.:rolleyes:

I have played a few online matches. Got my ass kicked the first time; Nadal def. Roddick (me) 6-2. Also played another match and won a close one Seles (me) def. Borg 3-2 (9). Should have been 3-1 but whatever.:o Still not used to the pace of online games though.

Smackie
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Been playing the game on Wii, must say that it's kinda boring after 10 or so games. It's easy to start with and it lacks of 'Tour Mode' that I love on other tennis games. Also because of lack to footwork movements, the 'auto-adjustment' takes over and sometime when you are supposed to miss a shot due to the racket being on one side the ball the other, for example, it will switch to the other side automatically so can hardly miss a shot really.

Now am eagarly await the SCT3. Hope it's better.

queperknuckle
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Yeah career mode drags on and on...I put it on easy just to get all my XP and I've got like 40 points left to spread out, then I'll play tournaments and exhibitions. :D and Online. :D

Yeah, but it's important to notice that you get more points on normal than easy. You get the most XP on very hard. This goes for any mode of the game too.

Ryan
Jul 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Yeah, but it's important to notice that you get more points on normal than easy. You get the most XP on very hard. This goes for any mode of the game too.

True, but I can play one big tournament and get over 1000xp points, i dont mind doing it this way.

V-MAC
Jul 6th, 2008, 02:34 AM
I'm now through to my first quarter-final in ITST thanks to a 6-4 6-4 victory :bounce:

Havok
Jul 6th, 2008, 02:56 AM
What's ITST. Is it an online tour for Top Spin , apart from the one built into the game already??

~{X}~
Jul 6th, 2008, 03:58 AM
When you win Slams and stuff, is it the actual replicated Trophies from Real life, like they had in Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2, or completely ugly made up ones as usual with Top Spin? :lol:

Havok
Jul 6th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Haven't played a tournament yet, but in the Tour mode you don't hold up any trophies. Would have been a nice tough, though!

Who knows, maybe you do if you play tournament mode, but I highly doubt it if t doesn't exist for the Tour mode.

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 6th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I'm now through to my first quarter-final in ITST thanks to a 6-4 6-4 victory :bounce:

Congratulations :worship:

Golovinjured.
Jul 6th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Should I buy TS3? I have a few questions...

1. A few of you said you made players (Dokic :p) Can you make it look really like her?
2. Are the controls really touchy - like is it easy to hit it out if you go for too much angle?
3. Who are all the players - male and female?
4. In all, is it more like TS1 or TS2?
5. Can you play mixed doubles/singles?
6. How do the risk shots work in this one - more like TS1 or TS2?

Thanks guys :) I want this game - but after buying TS2 (:o) I'm hesitant..

Ryan
Jul 7th, 2008, 12:44 AM
1. Its easy to make them look like who you want if you're patient - there are plenty of good face and body molds, you just need to take time to work on it. My Ivanovic IMO is STELLAR. :lol:

2. The "controls" aren't too touchy when you aim your shots, its more about touchy positioning - if you aren't in the right spot its easy to hit it out. But yeah, it is possible to overaim your shots and hit it out.

3. Look it up yourself, way too time consuming. :p

4. Hmm, I'd say it takes a bit of both and then something completely new.

5. Yeah.

6. I haven't used them so I dont know. :lol:

V-MAC
Jul 7th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Congratulations :worship:

Thanks ;)

Naldo, ITST is an online tour for Topspin. The tournaments more or less follow the same as the real tours. Check out www.intertopspintour.net if you're interested :)

Golovinjured.
Jul 7th, 2008, 05:04 AM
I found this if anybody wants to make an Ivanovic character. I don't know how spot on it will be :shrug:

http://boards.ign.com/tennis/b6430/166145298/p1/?4

I couldn't find a list of the players though :shrug: I found the following..

Seles, Becker, Borg

Federer, Nadal, Monfils, Philippoussis, Haas, Ancic, Roddick, Berdych, Blake, Nalbandian, Murray

Sharapova, Henin, Wozniacki, Kuznetsova, Mauresmo, Vaidisova

I don't know whether they are on all formats though :shrug: Can anyone confirm whether all these players are in the XBOX 360 version, and whether there are any other noticeable names I've missed? Thanks in advance..

So Disrespectful
Jul 7th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I found this if anybody wants to make an Ivanovic character. I don't know how spot on it will be :shrug:

Seles, Becker, Borg

Federer, Nadal, Monfils, Philippoussis, Haas, Ancic, Roddick, Berdych, Blake, Nalbandian, Murray

I don't know whether they are on all formats though :shrug: Can anyone confirm whether all these players are in the XBOX 360 version, and whether there are any other noticeable names I've missed? Thanks in advance..

Nadal is exclusive to PS3, but other than that the lists are the same.

Ryan
Jul 7th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Seles, Becker, Borg

Anyone who wants an Ivanovic shouldn't do everything the way the guy here has it IMO. For my Ivanovic I made her skin color a 6, dark enough to make her look the way she does in real life. I put her "fat" and "muscle" both at 3 I think, just because if you put muscle up to a 6 I think the players look like they're on roids.

Make up makes them look like hookers haha, but I think I fiddled around a bit with it. The facial features are basically something you have to guess for yourself, but a 1 or 5 on nose is the best and get a slim, rounded chin and jaw and it'll look better. If I had a digital camera I'd take a picture, but I don't. :p

Ryan
Jul 7th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Oh, and I want to make Djokovic next, anyone have any guidelines for making a good one?

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 7th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Oh, and I want to make Djokovic next, anyone have any guidelines for making a good one?
Amazing FH/BH, slightly above average power, above average serve, very fast, poor stamina, below average volley, amazing return.

Ryan
Jul 7th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Amazing FH/BH, slightly above average power, above average serve, very fast, poor stamina, below average volley, amazing return.

Ok thanks. :cool: Does anyone think its worth investing a lot into return points, I'm still not 100% sure what it actually helps you with.

For my Ivanovic I plan on having really high Forehand/Serve, high Power and Speed (maybe a little over-inflated but I want her quick), poor volley, and average stamina and return.

eugreene2
Jul 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM
THis game is hard ... For my female character, she is having all kinds of problems winning a match on normal so I just switched to easy.

My male character, on the other hand, is winning on normal. I can't wait til I gather enough XP points.

Wiggly
Jul 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Berdych is way too easy. His power destroys everyone. :lol:

Havok
Jul 7th, 2008, 07:41 PM

This is how I'll be making my Djokovic.

Forehand-81
Backhand-85
Serve-70
Return-70
Volley-30
Speed-70
Power-83
Stamina-71

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Speed-70
Power-83

Switch those up and you got it. :p

Europe rocks
Jul 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I can't play it until Friday as it's my birthday present :sad:

Havok
Jul 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Switch those up and you got it. :p
Actually I have it at Power=70 and Speed=83 but I'm so dyslexic on the computer I wrote them for the wrong stats.:help::lol:

Havok
Jul 7th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks ;)

Naldo, ITST is an online tour for Topspin. The tournaments more or less follow the same as the real tours. Check out www.intertopspintour.net (http://www.intertopspintour.net) if you're interested :)

Cool thanks.

Became a member of the site and signed myself up for a Men's and Women's tournament that starts this week.:yeah:

I have a PS3, though, so unfortunately we won't be crossing paths on this tour.:(

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Does anyone think its worth investing a lot into return points, I'm still not 100% sure what it actually helps you with.

For my Ivanovic I plan on having really high Forehand/Serve, high Power and Speed (maybe a little over-inflated but I want her quick), poor volley, and average stamina and return.
You need a decent return skill to return the big serves that you will face online, it is nearly impossible to break a good server without it.

technique90
Jul 8th, 2008, 06:37 AM
god this game is difficult...
lol i prefer the first topspin over all

topspin > topspin 2 > topspin 3

Ryan
Jul 8th, 2008, 11:36 AM
You need a decent return skill to return the big serves that you will face online, it is nearly impossible to break a good server without it.

Thanks, I haven't played online yet and in career/exho's i haven't faced a ton of really big serves.

mal
Jul 8th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks, I haven't played online yet and in career/exho's i haven't faced a ton of really big serves.

Who posted that Sharapova match a few days ago?

I've played against her, with about $100,000 on the result, and I won, but I doubt if she will pay. I could take her to court to collect, but don't think I'll bother, as I've already proven my case against her to myself.
She intends to bankrupt me if she can, so that is it. :eek:

eugreene2
Jul 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM
god this game is difficult...

The first top spin wasn't that good at all

I should play some exho - all I've done so far is career mode. It's taking a long time to get XP.

Yesterday, I looked like Roddick at the net - some of the worst volleys known to man. :lol:

Pebbles
Jul 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Anyone know the presets for Kirilenko? :)

Havok
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:00 PM
:confused:god this game is difficult...

Well then you're obviously a fan of arcade-style tennis video games.

Top Spin 3, imo, is easily the best tennis game released to date!

starin
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
How often do you guys use the risk shots?
Cuz I never do, cuz it's too hard for me still. But I've been playing online and sometimes I'll play someone and I can barely return their serves that are going to corners at 130 mph and in the rallies I'm almost always on the defensive cuz the balls are just flying at me. And I realized that some of these guys must be using both risk shots cuz they're hitting the ball really hard, even when I get ahead in the point and am dictating all of a sudden they'll hit a ball really fast into the corner and I lose.

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Maxed out my Dokic today, won all 9 events I've played so far including AO, RG, Wimbledon.

Final stats (560 Total):

Forehand - 75
Backhand - 77
Serve - 73
Return - 85
Volley - 40
Speed - 72
Power - 80
Stamina - 58

Naldo, how did you make yours?

Havok
Jul 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Maxed out my Dokic today, won all 9 events I've played so far including AO, RG, Wimbledon.

Final stats (560 Total):

Forehand - 75
Backhand - 77
Serve - 73
Return - 85
Volley - 40
Speed - 72
Power - 80
Stamina - 58

Naldo, how did you make yours?

Fairly similar. You just gave her a better serve, and I put her with better stamina. Yours is a touch speedier than mine, as well.

Forehand - 75
Backhand - 80
Serve - 65
Return - 72
Volley - 50
Speed - 65
Power - 80
Stamina - 73

zvonarevarulz
Jul 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I wonder when the first dlc will be available.....

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 8th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Fairly similar. You just gave her a better serve, and I put her with better stamina. Yours is a touch speedier than mine, as well.

Forehand - 75
Backhand - 80
Serve - 65
Return - 72
Volley - 50
Speed - 65
Power - 80
Stamina - 73
I wanted to tailor mine to be able to play online, so I thought return + speed would be important.

I still don't understand stamina in this game, I mean you see the heart rate thingy, but it never makes a difference in the actual points. Or if it does, I don't notice it.

Havok
Jul 8th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Stamina comes into play only when your heart rate gets super high as if you're about to have a heart attack!

Your movement is more sluggish and also you are more likely to hit an error for no reason at all. You play big points rather slopily if your heart rate is racing.

I also took online play into consideration when I'm making my stats for players. Sucks though because the stats won't be really true to their real life counterparts, but oh well. Playing online is really fun. Sometimes you play vs noobs and completely wipe the court with them, and other times you get your ass served to you on a silver platter.:lol: I've had both.:o

mal
Jul 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I wanted to tailor mine to be able to play online, so I thought return + speed would be important.

I still don't understand stamina in this game, I mean you see the heart rate thingy, but it never makes a difference in the actual points. Or if it does, I don't notice it.

Where does game fit in the Sony/X Box rivalry?
ie. Sony playstation has first dibs on internet I believe because Microsoft tried to exclude all competition from the internet, failed (hence the injunction I obtained (using teh name Sun which I own in China) in the California courts), was caught and relegated.
Sony I believe has the fastest racing cars game, but hold on Samsung has rights for gaming on the internet too. They own hubs in each city with a population over 20,000. (This is because a Mr Joon bothered to reply to me when I wrote to them about Macros (Terminate and stay resident programs running in upper memory )(and created a job for me in Yellow section) which are limited to only about 7 at any one time because that is what Microsoft who wrote the operating system says is so. I own the rights to Doskey, so Samsung had to talk to me.

ie does it run fast on the internet, even under X-box, or is there a better, faster alternative internet version.

mal
Jul 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Stamina comes into play only when your heart rate gets super high as if you're about to have a heart attack!

Your movement is more sluggish and also you are more likely to hit an error for no reason at all. You play big points rather slopily if your heart rate is racing.

I also took online play into consideration when I'm making my stats for players. Sucks though because the stats won't be really true to their real life counterparts, but oh well. PLaying online is really fun. Sometimes you play vs noobs and completely wipe the court with them, and other times you get your ass served to you on a silver platter.:lol I've had both.:o

Yes that is correct. It is something I remember doing. Also remember programmers are not tennis players. You can build these features into the game, but you really need to go back to the game and build in play. Just tell the programmers what you need.
Stamina obviously needs to be balanced against something else. Maybe total time played in the game, gives you more, or total time played against one player, gives you more. There are a number of options rather than just setting it to high, which is what everyone would choose to do.

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 9th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I don't think stamina belongs in a video game, they are supposed to be fun. We are talking about pro athletes here, and you never see anyone spraying shots repeatedly because they can barely move. What we do see is cramping, but I don't want that in a tennis game either. Just so everyone knows, using LB a lot drains yours stamina because it is a big speed burst.

MakarovaFan
Jul 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I don't think stamina belongs in a video game, they are supposed to be fun. We are talking about pro athletes here, and you never see anyone spraying shots repeatedly because they can barely move. What we do see is cramping, but I don't want that in a tennis game either. Just so everyone knows, using LB a lot drains yours stamina because it is a big speed burst.
Whoa are you talking about the game or real tennis?? Cuz in real tennis you def. see players spray ball after ball,hell some do it first game of a match lol.
And this game is supposed to be REALISTIC,hence them putting into the stamina meter.......if you dont want to use it there is a disable switch!!!

eugreene2
Jul 9th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I love all the categories ... stamina is definitely important. Just at Wimbledon, I saw players whose games got weaker as the match progressed because they were not in shape.

And then on the men's side, Nadal has 100 stamina so he just goes & goes & goes...

Has anyone made a player and gave them a 100 in a category?

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 9th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Whoa are you talking about the game or real tennis?? Cuz in real tennis you def. see players spray ball after ball,hell some do it first game of a match lol.
And this game is supposed to be REALISTIC,hence them putting into the stamina meter.......if you dont want to use it there is a disable switch!!!

I don't know anything about a disable switch, which would not make sense anyway since it is a category. Yes, I am speaking of real tennis. Nadal and Federer could have played a sixth set. Tell me this, what top pro player is going to get as tired as they do in this game playing the best of three sets at three games a set? I can't think of any.

The only thing stamina is doing in this game is sucking up points that we could put somewhere else. I'll go even deeper, if we have say 95 for power and both groundstrokes, why in the heck do we need return? shouldn't we already have it with the above stat. That makes return a wasted stat IMO, and they force you to start off with 30 in every stat. The logical thing to me would be to give us those 240 points to allocate where we like.

Bottom Line: The game is realistic in some ways, but very flawed in others.

V-MAC
Jul 9th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I love all the categories ... stamina is definitely important. Just at Wimbledon, I saw players whose games got weaker as the match progressed because they were not in shape.

And then on the men's side, Nadal has 100 stamina so he just goes & goes & goes...

Has anyone made a player and gave them a 100 in a category?

The power trolls online have 100 for power, backhand and forehand :(

eugreene2
Jul 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I don't know anything about a disable switch, which would not make sense anyway since it is a category. Yes, I am speaking of real tennis. Nadal and Federer could have played a sixth set. Tell me this, what top pro player is going to get as tired as they do in this game playing the best of three sets at three games a set? I can't think of any.

The only thing stamina is doing in this game is sucking up points that we could put somewhere else. I'll go even deeper, if we have say 95 for power and both groundstrokes, why in the heck do we need return? shouldn't we already have it with the above stat. That makes return a wasted stat IMO, and they force you to start off with 30 in every stat. The logical thing to me would be to give us those 240 points to allocate where we like.

Bottom Line: The game is realistic in some ways, but very flawed in others.

Don't quite agree with this. There are real-life cases of players who have power but their return game is weak. There are also players who get tired quickly. Return & Stamina are true to life categories. Just my opinion but I think if a player has stamina on 30 and point after point they are hitting power shots, they should start to tire. The game becomes arcade-ish if you can just sit back & pound ball after ball and run all over the place without being in shape.

stevos
Jul 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Anyone made a Serena?
I'm in the process.
And I think I'll make a Venus too. Don't know who else to make. :(

xr6turbo
Jul 9th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Anyone made a Serena?
I'm in the process.
And I think I'll make a Venus too. Don't know who else to make. :(
i made Venus :)

Aaron.
Jul 9th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I made Serena

keep losing in juniors on normal though :sobbing:

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Don't quite agree with this. There are real-life cases of players who have power but their return game is weak. There are also players who get tired quickly. Return & Stamina are true to life categories. Just my opinion but I think if a player has stamina on 30 and point after point they are hitting power shots, they should start to tire. The game becomes arcade-ish if you can just sit back & pound ball after ball and run all over the place without being in shape.
What power players have a weak return? please name them. What top players get tired quickly? name them as well. Return and stamina are true life categories as you say, but do they belong in a game where your created player will never be as good as the pros? Our overall rating is 70, not 75 like Federer, and as I said 240 points have already been placed for us. We only get 320 points to place where we want, so my point was a high number in power and groundies should automatically give you a good return. In repeating myself I say again, what top pro player is going to get as tired as they do in this game playing the best of three sets, at three games a set? I could see if it was realistic where we are playing the best of three tibreaker six game sets, but we are not.

Aaron.
Jul 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM
i made Venus :) how did you make your Venus? does she actually look like Venus? can you tell me please :p

im bad at player creating

darkchild
Jul 9th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Roddick has a weak return...
I don't think players get tired quickly, but some of them play a more physical-demanding game than others...and when the match go long, these players lose some speed and some power (2002 Aus Open final).

Ryan
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:17 AM
I look at the heart rate monitor as adrenaline pumping too, and over-hitting on big points or something. I like it, because how often do you see players have a long, drawn out point and then shank an easy shot next point because they're still tired? ALL the time.

Josh.
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Ok, so I'm about ___ this close to getting Top Psin 3. Should I? :lol:

Havok
Jul 10th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Hell yes. Do you have to purchase a system, or do you already own one? If you do, it's really a no brainer!

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:54 AM
What power players have a weak return? please name them. What top players get tired quickly? name them as well. Return and stamina are true life categories as you say, but do they belong in a game where your created player will never be as good as the pros? Our overall rating is 70, not 75 like Federer, and as I said 240 points have already been placed for us. We only get 320 points to place where we want, so my point was a high number in power and groundies should automatically give you a good return. In repeating myself I say again, what top pro player is going to get as tired as they do in this game playing the best of three sets, at three games a set? I could see if it was realistic where we are playing the best of three tibreaker six game sets, but we are not.

roddick, vaidisova, johansson, nadal, bolleli. the best returners in the mens game arent even the most powerful.

No Name Face
Jul 10th, 2008, 04:03 AM
My overall rating is a 65, but I won a tournament on xbox live over two 70 players. To think I can still improve....maybe I can get into the top 100 on the rankings! It's hard though because I work full time, so it's not like I have time to really play all that much. :( Plus I still have to start GTA 4

Golovinjured.
Jul 10th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Does anybody know if there will be any downloadable content for TopSpin 3 on XBOX 360? And if there'll be more players etc etc etc I did a bit of searching but didnt find much..

:)

Golovinjured.
Jul 10th, 2008, 08:20 AM
SG: Will there be downloadable content available post-release?

Yeah, we have supported downloadable content from the start. We will be looking to add new things post-release, such as additional players, equipment, new clothing, and things like that. We're definitely looking long-term--things that will extend the life cycle of the game.

http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1483/2k-serves-up-top-spin-3/

:banana:

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 10th, 2008, 08:57 AM
roddick, vaidisova, johansson, nadal, bolleli. the best returners in the mens game arent even the most powerful.

My statement was if you have 95 in power, forehand and backhand in this game, you should already have a good return in the game. My question was, what pro that fits the above stat has a poor return. All of the people you named are not power players. Vaidisova is, but she is coming out of a slump, at her best she punishes serves. Roddick is a big server, he does not have powerful strokes. Players like Agassi, Safin, Davenport, Seles etc fit the above desription, and they all have/had great returns.

Ryan
Jul 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah I can't wait til DLC comes out, I have about 30 000 "points" for the Mall to use on new players haha.

Pebbles
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Do you think I will need XBLIVE to download the downloadable content? :)

stevos
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
My statement was if you have 95 in power, forehand and backhand in this game, you should already have a good return in the game. My question was, what pro that fits the above stat has a poor return. All of the people you named are not power players. Vaidisova is, but she is coming out of a slump, at her best she punishes serves. Roddick is a big server, he does not have powerful strokes. Players like Agassi, Safin, Davenport, Seles etc fit the above desription, and they all have/had great returns.

LMAO
Vaidisova has never been a good returner.
Nadal? He has the ability for huge power. His forehand can obliterate the court. I'd give him a 95 in power and forehand, yet his forehand return is still shitty.

I just think it's cool for the game, because then you get people who are focusing more on return games, and some on service games. It's a good new element.

Golovinjured.
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Do you think I will need XBLIVE to download the downloadable content? :)

I think there's a good chance you will ;)

Pebbles
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I think there's a good chance you will ;)
I though I would have to ;) If the DLC is decent, I will definitely get XBLive. thank you :wavey:

Golovinjured.
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I though I would have to ;) If the DLC is decent, I will definitely get XBLive. thank you :wavey:

Not a problem :) I really want this game :(

But i'm wayyyyyy too poor for it at the moment.. i think i'll have to start working a street corner :haha:

Pebbles
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I am sorry :sad: But when you do save enough money, be sure to get it online and you can save yourself a bit of money :)

Golovinjured.
Jul 10th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I am sorry :sad: But when you do save enough money, be sure to get it online and you can save yourself a bit of money :)

I'll survive for the time being ;)

Yeah, lol, ebay for sure :lol: I wonder how much I could get for my TopSpin 2 :confused: Not that anyone would buy that shitty game :rolleyes:;)

mal
Jul 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM
The power trolls online have 100 for power, backhand and forehand :(

Do any of the players earn more stamina points for choosing to take on nutrients during a break? Maybe they could sneak off to the bathroom and score four or five bananas?

I'm eating those "Minees" little fruit and chocolate flavored creme biscuits called "Global brands which used to be manufactured in the "UAE" and distributed through Australia, but are now manufactured in India, and branded "Chelsea" Global brand.
They have about 600 calories per packet of six.

eugreene2
Jul 10th, 2008, 03:13 PM
LMAO
I just think it's cool for the game, because then you get people who are focusing more on return games, and some on service games. It's a good new element.

This was basically my point as well. I just think it's cool and it's not hurting anything so I don't see the big deal.

F-R-E-A-K
Jul 11th, 2008, 01:08 AM
We got our XBOX back yesterday. :hearts:

Buying Top Spin 3 on the weekend. :angel: :devil:

V-MAC
Jul 11th, 2008, 01:14 AM
My overall rating is a 65, but I won a tournament on xbox live over two 70 players. To think I can still improve....maybe I can get into the top 100 on the rankings! It's hard though because I work full time, so it's not like I have time to really play all that much. :( Plus I still have to start GTA 4

Yeah it is tough to have a decent rank in this game as it rewards those who play the all the time rather than the quality of your wins which is unfair in my opinion. I'm ranked around 480 at the moment with 5 tournament wins. As for beating players with a 70 rating, I've racked up a few wins there too with my player who has a rating of 64 at the moment. It is very satisying to get those types of wins.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 11th, 2008, 02:53 AM
I'm getting top spin 3 tomorrow. How do I play against you guys

Havok
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:00 AM
If you have a 360, you need XBOX LIVE in order to play games online, then need people's gamertags.

If you have PS3, you can play online for free using WiFi. If not, you can also connect to the internet using your cables. Then you also need our PSN tags in order for you to join the right game. The PS3 isn't very forgiving if you want to play vs your friends because there isn't an option to play vs your friend right away. You'll need to go into a lobby and select which game you want and have to be quick to select your friend's game so play him/her.:p

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 11th, 2008, 03:46 AM
I have PS3, I connect the internet cable into the PS3

DaniMasha3
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:49 AM
can you make your own player on wii for topspin3?

~{X}~
Jul 12th, 2008, 02:02 AM
They returned me a NEW XBox 360 today yay! I started playing Top Spin 3 and I created Serena, and wow I played my first match against Vaidasova in exhibition on Easy(Because I need practice) and I won 0-6, 6-4, 6-0! :D I finally got the timing down right in the 3rd set.

So I basically played career mode and right now I'm in April of my first year in the Juniors and I haven't lost a match. I'm moving between Easy and Normal, just till I get a better feel for the game and then can play on harder levels! :D

I also have GTA IV to play which I haven't yet so it should be exciting this weekend :D

Jeff
Jul 12th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Reading this thread makes me want a 360 :o I might break down and buy one within the next few months. I remember how quickly everyone faded away from Topspin for xbox live when 360 came out. Hopefully this one will be around for a while :p Are there any glitches in this game like there were in Topspin? Gosh, all the freezes and glithes in the original Topspin drove me insane. How about xbox live glitches (e.g., the infamous dropshot of death).

Havok
Jul 12th, 2008, 03:58 AM
can you make your own player on wii for topspin3?
No you can't. The Wii version is insanely watered down, unfortunately.:(

WhatTheDeuce
Jul 12th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Am I gonna be able to give my created players more than 560 total EXP skill points, or is that the max? I'm hoping once I hit my second year they'll bump it up or something.

stevos
Jul 12th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Started playing again.
I came so close to beating the #1 player in the world in my Junior tour, but yeah I guess I'll win some of the easy tournaments before trying hard.
Such a rewarding game. :drool:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 12th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I bought it today!!
I tried playing against others but I suck hardcore.
So I'm playing easy with my player(Sara Fort) to get some wut wus it called ___ points so I can improve her skills. I'm grinding out wins in very easy in chicago public courts :p
Any tips? How do I lob or dropshot successfully. I'm having a hard time even with Tennis School.
Plus it wont let me play down the line without it going wide

Golovinjured.
Jul 12th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Fuck it! I'm going to go and buy this mother fucker of a game on Monday ;)

My bank account is getting emptier by the hour :haha:

So Disrespectful
Jul 12th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Fuck it! I'm going to go and buy this mother fucker of a game on Monday ;)

My bank account is getting emptier by the hour :haha:

I have that problem too. I'm a compulsive spender, but it's always in bursts. I'll be so good for like 2 months, then spend everything at once. It's a nasty habit.

hectopascal
Jul 12th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Haha you guys are so lucky!! I'm gonna wait until the end of year holidays til I get my game :sad:

Bikini_Wax
Jul 12th, 2008, 08:16 AM
TopSpin 3 is seriously crap. Topspin 1 is the best game.

Bikini_Wax
Jul 12th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Justine Henin's lips is fucking hilarious.

DaniMasha3
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM
No you can't. The Wii version is insanely watered down, unfortunately.:(

Thanks=D and yeah thats how it seems to be with most of the wii games.

Dav.
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I really wish I had an xbox 360. :sobbing: You're all having so much fun, haha.

I have (the sucky) TS2 and I'm so bad at creating players.

Can someone maybe take a break from their happiness and help me create a Golovin and Ivanovic for TS2 to make the game a little more enjoyable? :p

mal
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Reading this thread makes me want a 360 :o I might break down and buy one within the next few months. I remember how quickly everyone faded away from Topspin for xbox live when 360 came out. Hopefully this one will be around for a while :p Are there any glitches in this game like there were in Topspin? Gosh, all the freezes and glithes in the original Topspin drove me insane. How about xbox live glitches (e.g., the infamous dropshot of death).

Yes it is a bit confusing.
Microsoft started of as a computer company, sort of like Apple,
but they crapped out when they tried to copy the Netscape browser (which is written in JavaScript, like their windows operating system)
but got caught trying to exclude all programmers but their own from the PC market, and ultimately the internet.

Now they are what they always were, a software company, but I have yet to see the proof that they can come up with a decent world beating $50 game for the PC/internet. (some of the graphics in some of the xbox games is good though, if I do say so myself, especially the poppies.

Golovinjured.
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I really wish I had an xbox 360. :sobbing: You're all having so much fun, haha.

I have (the sucky) TS2 and I'm so bad at creating players.

Can someone maybe take a break from their happiness and help me create a Golovin and Ivanovic for TS2 to make the game a little more enjoyable? :p

I'm having the same problem :lol:

I started playing TS2 again last night, even though it sucks, and I made a player (kinda looks a bit like Alona Bondarenko/Wozniacki). I hate that game so much, the angle is so touchy - but I'm stuck with it for the time being.

I looked on the net for help creating real players for TS2, but no luck. I'm gonna have a bit more of a look now though....

Dav.
Jul 12th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I'm having the same problem :lol:

I started playing TS2 again last night, even though it sucks, and I made a player (kinda looks a bit like Alona Bondarenko/Wozniacki). I hate that game so much, the angle is so touchy - but I'm stuck with it for the time being.

I looked on the net for help creating real players for TS2, but no luck. I'm gonna have a bit more of a look now though....

:lol: They make it so confusing, though. I don't even know how to fit the first and last name in at the beginning. It just gives me room for one name and in all caps. How do you change that?

Also, I hate the limited options for hair so they all look the same and it's impossible to sculp their faces (particularly nose), especially when making Golovin. :p

Let me know if you find anything!

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Am I gonna be able to give my created players more than 560 total EXP skill points, or is that the max? I'm hoping once I hit my second year they'll bump it up or something.
560 points with an overall rating of 70 is it. This is why I was speaking earlier about unneeded categories and them already spending the first 240 for you... no one undrestood me.

mal
Jul 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM
:lol:

Also, I hate the limited options for hair so they all look the same and it's impossible to sculp their faces (particularly nose), especially when making Golovin. :p

Let me know if you find anything!

hair is difficult for computers because you have to draw each one and none of them moves together, so it takes a lot of processing time. There are cheats.

Jeff
Jul 13th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Yes it is a bit confusing.
Microsoft started of as a computer company, sort of like Apple,
but they crapped out when they tried to copy the Netscape browser (which is written in JavaScript, like their windows operating system)
but got caught trying to exclude all programmers but their own from the PC market, and ultimately the internet.

Now they are what they always were, a software company, but I have yet to see the proof that they can come up with a decent world beating $50 game for the PC/internet. (some of the graphics in some of the xbox games is good though, if I do say so myself, especially the poppies.

So are you saying that Topspin 3 has glitches like Topsin did? If so, could you please elaborate ;) If not, could someone else please answer my question as to whether Topspin 3 has offline/online glitches like the original Topspin game did.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 13th, 2008, 05:41 AM
It turns out this thread has no answers

mal
Jul 13th, 2008, 05:49 AM
So are you saying that Topspin 3 has glitches like Topsin did? If so, could you please elaborate ;) If not, could someone else please answer my question as to whether Topspin 3 has offline/online glitches like the original Topspin game did.

All th Microsoft programmers, employees, agents retailers are redundant.

There is a core group of a few dozen, I think working for HP, (Hewlet Packard) under a man named Crouse, who work out of San Francisco, (Daly City somewhere but I have no address for them.

About the game itself, I have not played it but I understand all games are able to me modded. Yes it wold (probably) have glitches.
I'd start with the good flight sym games, but wouldn't rate any Microsoft ones in that group as they ae not 'real time'. I would use an F-16 joystick, as it is programmable, and actually does work.

Try Samsung, who do have a working tennis game. (maybe in development.

Ms Tracy Austin
Jul 13th, 2008, 10:04 AM

So far, I don't know of any glitches Jeff. :wavey:

Aaron.
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM
This game is fun I give it 6/10 I think SCT3 will be better

So Disrespectful
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
A big glitch I've noticed; if you stand in close enough receiving a first serve on Xbox Live and half volley it back long, it will occasionally be called a double fault. I've won and lost points this way.

Princess Fiona
Jul 13th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I got Top Spin 3 for the Nintendo DS yesterday, and I've really been enjoying it! :bounce: I've created my character (I chose the service motion that I didn't think would hurt her back too much - awww... ) (I also decided upon a non-grunting character - I've created a non-controversial player... ;) ) and we're playing tournaments. I lost my first match against a Swiss player (Marie something?) but since then I have been winning... (!) (I did have to save match points in one match, and I've no idea how to drop shot... I'm getting through, somehow - perhaps I'm controversial in 'that' way... ;) )

One problem I do have is that I cannot access some of the special items. I've got the outfits (I can access the outfits) but I can't change my hair colour or acquire the new racquets, etc. I've been pressing every button on the DS (I've got my player to turn around - I must be making the poor girl dizzy) but cannot get to these other menus. If anyone at all can help I'll be very grateful... :) (I couldn't find anything in the manual either!) (I love the Mailbox feature - I have such a supportive coach, fans, and sponsor. Let's see if it stays that way... )

thiskidhasit
Jul 13th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Do the different racquets make a difference? I've noticed they are different prices...

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
there's a mailbox feature?
To change stuff after youve created your player u have to earn points by winning matches which act like money to the stores

Jeff
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:44 PM
So far, I don't know of any glitches Jeff. :wavey:

Thank you :wavey:

V-MAC
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:03 AM
woohoo I'm through to the final in ITST :bounce: There's a cash prize of 50/60 euro for the winner, basically to cover the cost of your purchase of Topspin 3,so hopefully I can claim it :)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I'll be on topspin3(ps3) from like 11am-4pm(ny time) from monday-friday this week :D
Pm me if u wanna play me. Im smEE84.
still any tips on how to dropshot?

V-MAC
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I'm on Xbox 360 :(

As for dropshots....well I used to be able to do them when playing against the computer but I can't pull them off online. If you're playing a power player (which is most of the time), you just don't have the time to attempt one. How ever, seeming that almost every one plants themselves at the baseline, it would seem to be a very effective play to use. I'm gonna keep practicing it and see what happens. I still think using the right analog stick is better than pressing Y and pulling back to play them.

stevos
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:32 AM
woohoo I'm through to the final in ITST :bounce: There's a cash prize of 50/60 euro for the winner, basically to cover the cost of your purchase of Topspin 3,so hopefully I can claim it :)

Do you have to pay to join that tour?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:40 AM
No. I just registered for free and have signed up for LA

Havok
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:47 AM
No. I just registered for free and have signed up for LA
I've signed up for the Tour as well. Maybe we'll cross paths. My PSN is Pens if ever you want i add me.;)

gredin
Jul 14th, 2008, 08:21 AM
maybe we could organize a tournament between tennisforum's members?
created players only allowed, in 2 sets (of 6 games), in a specific area (USO for instance). Maybe if there'll a lot of pepole interested, the four first one (in ranked matches) would be exempted of playing in the first round (by receiving a bye).

what do you think about this?

So Disrespectful
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I just had a tight match with the number 5 player, Seles. I took the first set 3-1, dropped the next 2-4 and then fell in a super tie-break. I hit twice as many winners, but didn't return as well as my opponent. My ranking is only around the 100 mark because I don't constantly sit at home playing the game during the day, but I feel like I can compete with most of the players out there. I've got the knack of using dropshots also and they're especially effective when you're dictating play and your opponent expects a deep drive.

The men's tour has much more depth so far though.

No Name Face
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
created players only allowed, in 2 sets (of 6 games), in a specific area (USO for instance). Maybe if there'll a lot of pepole interested, the four first one (in ranked matches) would be exempted of playing in the first round (by receiving a bye).

that sounds good.

i've amassed a 30-9 record on xbox live. i've won six tournaments. i'm pissed though because i should have won the FO but my opponent quit after i won the first set against him in the final and i got the loss! WTF. i was so pissed, i got robbed from my first GS win.

again if anyone wants to add me and play me - syystemofaden

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jul 14th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Anyone playing SCT3 on PSP at the moment?

NotTheStereotype
Jul 14th, 2008, 02:42 PM

That sounds cool. I played on a tour like that for TS1 and a little of TS2. Everyone on the tour had a real tennis star as their player and we had rankings and things like that.. We also wrote very brief articles about the matches..your were basically role playing as your favorite tennis star...

V-MAC
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM
that sounds good.

i've amassed a 30-9 record on xbox live. i've won six tournaments. i'm pissed though because i should have won the FO but my opponent quit after i won the first set against him in the final and i got the loss! WTF. i was so pissed, i got robbed from my first GS win.

This has happened to me too many times already :mad: I think what happens is that in a laggy match, if some one quits, the server doesn't know in time who quit so it grants a random loss to who ever or some thing like that. I hope they patch it up though as it is really annoying. My record currently stands at around 69-27 but I would say at least 9 of my losses have been from that quit glitch. My rank is about 350ish with 5 tournament wins.

Blackbeat
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:41 PM
are in the career modus the sets until 6 games or only 3??

V-MAC
Jul 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Most sets in the game consist of just 3 games.

paul_masterton
Jul 14th, 2008, 06:24 PM
has anyone got top spin 3 for the nintendo wii?

stevos
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM
that sounds good.

We'll play as soon as I get my wires set up. :)
Did you create a female player?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 14th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Why is there a downloads button for it? I've searched on the internet and there doesn't seem to be anything to download

50Sense
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I'm pretty sure this question has been answered but I don't want to search for it. Xbox live users: Did you purchase Xbox wireless adapters in order to connect? Or do you use ethernet cords? Do your ethernet cords plug straight into your phone jacks? I've never really understood how that whole thing worked.

I'm getting my 360 and Top Spin 3 on Sunday and can't wait to build a character and get online!

Havok
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Why is there a downloads button for it? I've searched on the internet and there doesn't seem to be anything to download
There will be down loadable content, eventually; new players, outfits, accessories, rackets, etc. We just don't really know when.:lol:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I'm surprised Naldo that they didnt make a williams sister

sfselesfan
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I have it Top Spin 3 on PS3 and Wii. I like the PS3 version better...but it's not stellar. The graphics on the Wii version STINK! I have a 52 inch Aquos LCD...and the Wii game looks AWFUL! The PS3 version looks stellar through the HDMI connection. I get where they were going with the gameplay, I just don't think they made it as smooth as they could have.

SF

Havok
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:56 AM
They could have definitely made it more smooth, but I'm just exstatic that they are finally moving in the right direction in regards to real sim tennis games!

I just got my ass handed to me in ITST.:o I won my first match 6-1, 6-0 completely dominating my opponent, and then got a major whooping in the R16; 6-0, 6-1. I had overall 70, with my opponent only being at overall 63 I believe.:lol: Every point was hard fought, though, but I stunk it up the longer it went. I was also horrible during the big points, didn't even manage a single bp!:silly:

NotTheStereotype
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty sure this question has been answered but I don't want to search for it. Xbox live users: Did you purchase Xbox wireless adapters in order to connect? Or do you use ethernet cords? Do your ethernet cords plug straight into your phone jacks? I've never really understood how that whole thing worked.

I'm getting my 360 and Top Spin 3 on Sunday and can't wait to build a character and get online!

While I am at school, I connect to Xbox Live through my ethernet cable which goes directly into a wall. It is not a normal jack..it is one designed for ethernet cables. When I am at home (this probably applies to you), I connect to Xbox Live by an ethernet cable that goes directly into a modem..The modem is then connected to the phone jack. If you have a modem/router it will allow you to connect to xbox live and use your home computer at the same time (if they both use wired ethernet cables).

There is also the option of connecting wirelessly if you have a wireless connection in your home. You have to buy the wireless adapter that is designed for the 360. I know people that have bought other wireless adpaters and they have had some problems.

Hope this helps!

V-MAC
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:04 AM
They could have definitely made it more smooth, but I'm just exstatic that they are finally moving in the right direction in regards to real sim tennis games!

I just got my ass handed to me in ITST.:o I won my first match 6-1, 6-0 completely dominating my opponent, and then got a major whooping in the R16; 6-0, 6-1. I had overall 70, with my opponent only being at overall 63 I believe.:lol: Every point was hard fought, though, but I stunk it up the longer it went. I was also horrible during the big points, didn't even manage a single bp!:silly:

I lost my first ever match in GTI (similar tour to ITST) 6-0 6-0 and only ended up winning around 5 points in the entire match :o You learn quickly though

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Im only in the 30s right now. How do I earn more than 20 xp points?

No Name Face
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:25 AM
i'm so pissed. i'm 575 in the world and was about to win against the 53rd ranked player...4-3, 3-3 MP and he quits. and i get the loss. WTF. seriously that glitch is so annoying. i don't mind it so much, but the only two quits that went against me was the FO final and this insane match against a top 100 player that I SHOULD HAVE WON. i'm so mad, i played so well too! he's french, go figure. :rolleyes: (kidding)

starin
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:47 AM
i'm so pissed. i'm 575 in the world and was about to win against the 53rd ranked player...4-3, 3-3 MP and he quits. and i get the loss. WTF. seriously that glitch is so annoying. i don't mind it so much, but the only two quits that went against me was the FO final and this insane match against a top 100 player that I SHOULD HAVE WON. i'm so mad, i played so well too! he's french, go figure. :rolleyes: (kidding)

:eek: 575 good job
highest i got was like 1750 or something. But I did beat the #20 ranked player but in all fairness he sucked and I have no idea how he got ranked so high. If you got the loss it means you quit. At least that's how i thought it worked. U must have lost connection or something. worst glitch was my ps3 froze will loading a match and i had to turn it off and i lost my character. i ahve to start from scratch now :fiery:

stevos
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:50 AM
So I feel like a major loser, but I can't beat these girls in the Hard tournaments. Sigh.
Should I just win all the easy tournaments easily and get top 3?
I mean seriously, I feel like I should be winning these, but I keep losing in tiebreaks. Looks like the transition in gameplay from TS2 to TS3 hurt me, cus I never had any trouble in the career in TS2.

I honestly wish there was a "fight that bitch" button when they kiss at the net sometimes. :sobbing:

stevos
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:51 AM

Ethernet cables plug into your modem.
Thank god the electrician set up the cables to go straight through the walls from the modem to the tv.

Shafanovic.
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:52 AM
OMG!!! "fight that bitch" button!! LOVE IT!!! HAHA :hug: What's your setting, make it easier and when you get better make it harder. That's what I did

Shafanovic.
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:54 AM
oh yeh, I played online and then the next time I played it, all my outfits are gone. I don't know what happened. I just wanted to play again, and then it didn't have any of my outfits, they're just gone, I got nearly all of them now I have to start buying them again

stevos
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:59 AM
OMG!!! "fight that bitch" button!! LOVE IT!!! HAHA :hug: What's your setting, make it easier and when you get better make it harder. That's what I did

I know I can do that, I just feel like I shouldn't need to. :(
Oh well, maybe I will to get my points up. I'm still at 42 overall.

Shafanovic.
Jul 15th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I'm at 49. I'm still at juniors and I've only lost one match and now in September, I'm on normal.

starin
Jul 15th, 2008, 07:38 AM

yeah i struggled at 42 to beat the junior guys in the hard tournaments cuz they're all at like 57. What I do is use the risk shots, power + placement. not all the time but when i get a soft shot or a soft 2nd serve. And then i like to drop shot and lob. Cuz otherwise my player is not powerful enough to hit winners or forced errors. Another thing I read somewhere, maybe in this thread lol, was to hold the shot button and then release once the ball bounces, like don't worry if the ball is really far away from you, as long as you time your release on the bounce your character will run crazy fast to get that ball back and the computer usually won't hit a winner off that.

Ryan
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:03 PM

Oh geez I wouldn't worry man. I sucked at the Hard events for awhile too, but once your overall rating goes up you'll be fine.

My Hingis has only 5 xp points left to be complete, I'm pretty happy. :cool: I finally beat Seles on Hard in an exhibition last night, 3-6 6-4 6-4. I had lost 6-3 6-0 and 6-2 6-2 the first couple times I played her. :lol:

I'm bummed though -we have two 360's, and I created my characters on the one in my room with no xbox live hook up. I moved it into the main room and connected to xbox live, assuming my players would be saved to the hard drive and not my username "Ryan". But to get onto my xbox live account I had to sign in to it, which is "Absurd Leaf" (given to us, not chosen willingly haha!). When I did this, my created players aren't there anymore. :fiery: I don't want to create new players all over again so I just won't play online....for now haha.

NotTheStereotype
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I find that the quickest way to get XP is to simply play online..You may not win alot but you get 40 XP for losing..and either 100 or 115 xp when you win depending on the rank of the player. I really could care less about my online record so this is how I build my character..Sometimes you even get lucky..there has been multiple occasions when someone repeatedly joins my lobby and they back out..which automatically gives you at least 100 XP.

Marionated
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM
A question for anyone who has the wii version: how do you get Monica Seles?

Havok
Jul 15th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think Seles is available on the Wii version.

Havok
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Has anyone stumbled upon a website that tells you how to create pros using certain combos of preset attributes?? My pros look 'similar' to their real life counterparts, but mostly due to the fact that they wear the same clothes and use the same racket.:o

stevos
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll get on that soon.
And my main weakness is service returns. I can hit aces, but my returns are so bad. I'm learning the timing better now, but sometimes Serena will just spray forehands like crazy.
It's actually funny how similar my player is to RL Serena. :hearts:

V-MAC
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I love returning :hearts: Its all about putting yourself in a good position for the return. Stand inside the baseline a la Venus style :lol: and whack down the line.

mal
Jul 16th, 2008, 05:08 AM
I love returning :hearts: Its all about putting yourself in a good position for the return. Stand inside the baseline a la Venus style :lol: and whack down the line.

Poor Maria, a man stuck in a woman's body.
If I could help him I would.

starin
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:09 AM

i'm still struggling w/ it. I can return regular serves pretty well it's just the 129+ risk serves that are into corners that I can't do much w/. Unless I go for a risk shot return which is hit and miss.

tennis ace
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I don't think Seles is available on the Wii version.

Nor is Nadal? and does anyone know on the wii version how or if you can create your own player and play on tour? i can't firgure it out.

Havok
Jul 16th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Nor is Nadal? and does anyone know on the wii version how or if you can create your own player and play on tour? i can't firgure it out.
Nadal is a PS3 exclusive, so no other system has him except for the Playstation. As for create a player, that's a no go for the Wii version. They do have a tour mode but it consists fo 10 tournaments and you play it with one of the pros available in the roster.

V-MAC
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Want your player to have maxed out stats in less than 3 minutes???!!!
Here is a little cheat I found over in a gaming forum ;)

For Xbox 360 peeps:
1. Play a match and earn 10 points (or however amount of points, it doesn't matter)
2. Go to the XP screen
3. Use those 10 points to upgrade the forehand (or another skill).
4. Press A
5. Press A again
6. Delete the added points with the left thumbstick
7. Press B
Magic, your skills will be upgraded but you'll still keep your XP points :) Keep repeating this process until your player is maxed out at 70 skill level.

For Playstattion 3 peeps, substitute A above for X, and B for O.
It works too as I tried it a while ago.

NotTheStereotype
Jul 16th, 2008, 03:58 PM

For Xbox 360 peeps:
1. Play a match and earn 10 points (or however amount of points, it doesn't matter)
2. Go to the XP screen
4. Press A
5. Press A again
7. Press B
Magic, your skills will be upgraded but you'll still keep your XP points :) Keep repeating this process until your player is maxed out at 70 skill level.

Thank You Soo Much!! Now, I just have to decide how to allocate the XP..I am not trying to be a power whore like everyone else and habe a 100 on backhand, forehand, and power..People with stats like that make the game boring..

So Disrespectful
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I made it to world number 15 on live. :D

V-MAC
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM
wow thats awesome. congrats :)

tennis ace
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Nadal is a PS3 exclusive, so no other system has him except for the Playstation. As for create a player, that's a no go for the Wii version. They do have a tour mode but it consists fo 10 tournaments and you play it with one of the pros available in the roster.

Awwwww i was under the impression i would get Nadal, Monica and make my own Venus and Serena on tour :sad: Oh well the game is still really good. Thanks a lot for answering my question:)

starin
Jul 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
This game officialy owns.:rocker2:

I can't stop playing it. I've created Dokic and and playing my first Juniors event. So far I haven't lost a match, but there are been some close ones and I've had to battle even in some of my bagel matches.

If anybody has a PS3, feel free to add me: Pens

i think u're in my draw for Indianapolis ITSP tennis championships. lol.

Havok
Jul 16th, 2008, 11:17 PM
i think u're in my draw for Indianapolis ITSP tennis championships. lol.
Yup I am. What's your username in ITST??

aNYthing
Jul 17th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Finally got a chance to play this game consistently for the past few days, as I have been off. I know it's not worth much because it's not my own created player, but I somehow managed to beat Seles 4-6, 7-6(5), 7-6(3) on very hard with Sharapova. After the first set I started getting pissed at her ability to get balls back, so I started to get very aggressive and hit more risk shots, and took way more chances on the return. In the second and third sets I had NUMEROUS break points but failed to convert (14 to be exact :rolleyes:) But :woohoo: I finally did it! (I know I'm behind, but it took me a while to somewhat figure this game)

darkangel23
Jul 17th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Am I right to assume that you guys all are talking about the Top Spin Version vor Xbo 360?! Is that version somehow different to the Playstation 3 Version? Because the Wii version just sucks...

starin
Jul 17th, 2008, 06:47 AM
zomg ps3 has so much lag sometimes in this game. I quit some matches cuz it gets ridiculous and it really throws off you timing

i'm getting repeatedly raped online. my character sucks (although i'm only at 59 still), i want to create a new one but i don't want to have to play junior, challengers, etc. They should just have an option to create a full player w/out having to deal w/ playing the tour.

V-MAC
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
zomg ps3 has so much lag sometimes in this game. I quit some matches cuz it gets ridiculous and it really throws off you timing

i'm getting repeatedly raped online. my character sucks (although i'm only at 59 still), i want to create a new one but i don't want to have to play junior, challengers, etc. They should just have an option to create a full player w/out having to deal w/ playing the tour.

huh......have people missed my post about this?! :lol: Check the previous page to see how to create a 70 skilled level player in 3 minutes ;)

So Disrespectful
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
huh......have people missed my post about this?! :lol: Check the previous page to see how to create a 70 skilled level player in 3 minutes ;)

I read it and thank you very much. I was able to max out my Bartoli and start her on the tour this season. As much as I love Daniela, I felt like using Marion's two handed strokes. :lol:

Andrew Laeddis
Jul 17th, 2008, 02:40 PM

For Xbox 360 peeps:
2. Go to the XP screen
4. Press A
5. Press A again
7. Press B

Thanx. Now I can complete my fourth player.

Havok
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:08 PM
YEah V-MAC thanks for that tip! Now I can re-create my ugly created players so they look better and have their stats maxed out.:D

Havok
Jul 17th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Tell me about it!:o

I've never missed so many serves with the right analog stick in my life.:lol:

Ryan
Jul 17th, 2008, 10:31 PM
So can you not play a created player against another created player in an offline exhibition? I wanted my Ivanovic and Hingis to battle each other out but I can't. :fiery:

V-MAC
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:31 PM
I got schooled in my ITST final 6-1 6-1 :sad: :o arghh was so close to the cash prize but I lost fair and square. My opponent was hitting unreal risk returns all the time so there wasn't much I could do (except serve better perhaps :p ) Bad day in general with ITST as I also lost with my male player in the Austrian Open and my female player just about stumbled through in Stanford with a 6-2 1-6 6-3 win.

stevos
Jul 17th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I cant wait to join ITST.
My Serena is such a great server. I ace the shit out of fools.
Still, return needs work, but whatever. I'm improving.

aNYthing
Jul 18th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Okay, so I went back through this thread and added NNF, Iliketennis , and gredin to my xbox live friends list. Hope to see you guys online!

If I missed anyone..add me! My gamertag is kash321

V-MAC
Jul 18th, 2008, 12:32 AM
^^^
I'll add you then.

I'm the opposite, I like returning but I can't serve for sh*t. I mean I seem to be doing the risk serves right but they just won't go in or else I don't get any angle on them. One of my opponents tonight was standing at the service line returning my serves :o and I couldn't do any thing about it. Guess its just gonna take a lot of practice to get it right.

starin
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:10 AM
^^^
I'll add you then.

I'm the opposite, I like returning but I can't serve for sh*t. I mean I seem to be doing the risk serves right but they just won't go in or else I don't get any angle on them. One of my opponents tonight was standing at the service line returning my serves :o and I couldn't do any thing about it. Guess its just gonna take a lot of practice to get it right.

:lol: i can only hit 2 serves and they're not risk serves. I hit the slice serve decently and that's it. So after about 2 service games my opponents cacth on and just wait for the serve. I have been trying to hit risk serves but for the life of me I can barely get one in. It's gotten to the point where I expect them to go out and when they do I'm shocked and often lose the point.

But I can't return that well either if my opponent is using the risk serves in the corner. The risk serve out wide in the corner always kills me.

But :bounce: I just beat the #11 ranked player on PS3 43 34 13-11. And I saved a match point on my serve in the match tie break. (and seeing as my serve sucks it was great).

Aaron.
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Im going to buy this game I just rented it.. last week...I had fun on xbox live I Want to play ISIT

mal
Jul 18th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Im going to buy this game I just rented it.. last week...I had fun on xbox live I Want to play ISIT

Does anyone here with Xbox know anything about WWF wrestlin'?

I know there is a wrestling game for XBox, but does it include Hulk Hogan, because I heard he has just had his daughter signed in a 1.3 million singing contract with a recording company, and wonder how much Microsoft pays players (tennis golf etc) for their rights.

stevos
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:07 AM
^^^
I'll add you then.

Really?
I served 4 aces in a row last night. I dunno, I guess it's my strength for the moment.
Returns still make my matches go to tiebreaks though, cus I'll shank 4 in a row. :o

Gonna go max out my Reena.

starin
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Really?
I served 4 aces in a row last night. I dunno, I guess it's my strength for the moment.
Returns still make my matches go to tiebreaks though, cus I'll shank 4 in a row. :o

Gonna go max out my Reena.

i just played someone like you on PS3. wait? was it you? lol.
anyhoo i got aced 9 times and maybe got like 2 serves back in play. But he was a shite returner so I was able to take it to a tiebreak where of course i lost. I've never seen someone serve like that b4. These spin serves goint at like 131 mph in to all corners of the box. could never get rythm returning.

And :o noone plays women's tennis on PS3. I won two matches and am ranked like 40

stevos
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:43 AM
i just played someone like you on PS3. wait? was it you? lol.
anyhoo i got aced 9 times and maybe got like 2 serves back in play. But he was a shite returner so I was able to take it to a tiebreak where of course i lost. I've never seen someone serve like that b4. These spin serves goint at like 131 mph in to all corners of the box. could never get rythm returning.

And :o noone plays women's tennis on PS3. I won two matches and am ranked like 40

:o That sucks.
Nice win. I hope people play women's on Xbox. :unsure:

I guess I'll make a dude.

Havok
Jul 18th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Making a dude is a must in any online game. Not many males like to play as females.:lol: