PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Videogames Thread // EA Tennis Xbox360/PS3 version confirmed

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

So Disrespectful
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
In regards to the Seles forehand, I assume it's the same as Gambill in Top Spin 1. He does occasionally hit a double fisted forehand, but it's mostly singular.

Kampi
Jun 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
So, I played the XBOX360 version for several hours. As a vet of all the other tennis game I can say, that this game is difficult to master, BUT only in the beginning.;) Everyone, who wants to have just another arcade like tennis, should be warned. You have to learn the new controls, because they are very different in terms of timing and movement compard to its predecessor. It is just like in real tennis, where movement and timing is everything. You always have the right feeling why a shot was good or bad. When you get used to the new controls and understand what it takes, well, then you can easily find your tennis heaven. But as I already said, it takes time and impatient players could become frustrated pretty quick, because this is definitely the first real tennis simulation. But I can only advise anybody to take this time to learn it, because then the game unfolds such a realistic and deep gameplay and will be very satisfiying. Btw, the graphics and aninmations are excellent, too. There is a slogan on the german package of this game "We take tennis serious". And let me say....this is serious.;):D:worship:

Sharapowerr
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:24 AM
The PS3 version is imo better.. but the game plays very good.. best tennis game ever:)

Ballbasher
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Which players are available at SCT 3? :)

No Name Face
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
I am sooo ready for TS3. Just a few more days!! I have been anxiously waiting for this game. I've been doing all my studying way ahead of time just so I can play this game when I get it..lol By the way, my XBL Gamertag is NTS Kenny D. If any of you want to play TS3, just add me. I also play VT3 and TS2 just in case you want to play those games as well.

i'll add you -- also add syystemofaden (anyone who plays TS2 and TS3) --- i just got xbox live recently! i had to lose all my accomplishments on my other offline tag though, but i guess i have a lot more to work for.

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
Which players are available at SCT 3? :)

WTA
* Maria Sharapova
* Martina Hingis
* Justine Henin
* Nicole Vaidisova
* Amelie Mauresmo
* Michaella Krajicek
* Sania Mirza
* Ana Ivanovic

ATP
* James Blake
* Roger Federer
* Rafael Nadal
* David Nalbandian
* Feliciano Lopez
* Tomas Berdych
* Gael Monfils
* Andreas Seppi

serenus_2k8
Jun 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
IS SCT3 just PSP?

tennisvideos
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
IS SCT3 just PSP?

SCT3 is due to be released on xbox 360 in July/August. It is very similar to the PSP version however the developers have indicated that the gameplay has been re-built from the ground up.

I really like the PSP version although I hope the xbox version is a little more challenging - esp for doubles which was far too easy. While you are skilling up your player and working your way upo the rankings on the world tour the game is challenging and fun.

So Disrespectful
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
SCT3 is due to be released on xbox 360 in July/August. It is very similar to the PSP version however the developers have indicated that the gameplay has been re-built from the ground up.

I really like the PSP version although I hope the xbox version is a little more challenging - esp for doubles which was far too easy. While you are skilling up your player and working your way upo the rankings on the world tour the game is challenging and fun.

I could play through the entire game barely losing a point. :shrug:

I want a realistic and challenging tennis game! I hope Top Spin 3 will be just that.

ilovethewilliams
Jun 22nd, 2008, 03:58 PM
1 day to go.

NotTheStereotype
Jun 22nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
1 day to go.

Is it the 23rd or the 24th? I heard the game released on the 24th.

Havok
Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:43 AM
Some places say 23, other 24. For instance Gamestop (American EB Games) says 23rd but Eb Games (Canada) says 24th.

tennisvideos
Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:14 AM
I could play through the entire game barely losing a point. :shrug:
I want a realistic and challenging tennis game! I hope Top Spin 3 will be just that.
You must be amazing, that's all I can say. I hope they do make the xbox 360 version a challenge as well. I will be getting it regardless as I love the feel of the gameplay aspects that the PSP version had.
I think we all want a challenging game and I am certain TS3 will be from all the reports I have read so far.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:17 AM
Some places say 23, other 24. For instance Gamestop (American EB Games) says 23rd but Eb Games (Canada) says 24th.
My EB Games that I pre-ordered from said they might be able to hook me up on the 23rd depending on if the shipment comes in and stuff. I really hope they can do it.

NotTheStereotype
Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
My EB Games that I pre-ordered from said they might be able to hook me up on the 23rd depending on if the shipment comes in and stuff. I really hope they can do it.

Lucky You. :) I hope you get it early.

Natash.
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:22 AM

Same. :scared:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:39 AM
Probably not 'lucky me', cause if they can't (which I'm not expecting them to), then I'll have to wait 'til the 25th instead of the 24th. Lame Quebec holidays suck ass.

One day IS a big deal. :mad: :armed:

Natash.
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:42 AM
Probably not 'lucky me', cause if they can't (which I'm not expecting them to), then I'll have to wait 'til the 25th instead of the 24th. Lame Quebec holidays suck ass.

One day IS a big deal. :mad: :armed:

At worst, I think I'll have to wait till the 24th I hope. :lol: I'd prefer if they get the day it's released. :angel:

But if my luck plays into it, I fully expect to wait a week before it's out in a store nearby. :tape:

Prizeidiot
Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
I heard they're doing a completely separate game for the Wii version.

It should be pretty hectic with the wii mote.

And in regards to release, I know most stores here will have the game the day it's released. I can't imagine them doing otherwise. And it's not like the game will sell out, seeing as it's a tennis game :p

Preordering from EB is pretty hardcore, seeing as you can get it for $20 less from other places.

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:43 AM
I heard they're doing a completely separate game for the Wii version.

It should be pretty hectic with the wii mote.

And in regards to release, I know most stores here will have the game the day it's released. I can't imagine them doing otherwise. And it's not like the game will sell out, seeing as it's a tennis game :p

Preordering from EB is pretty hardcore, seeing as you can get it for $20 less from other places.

Its quite hectic, yes and sometimes I forget to swing for the shot :lol:

So Disrespectful
Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:15 AM
You must be amazing, that's all I can say. I hope they do make the xbox 360 version a challenge as well. I will be getting it regardless as I love the feel of the gameplay aspects that the PSP version had.
I think we all want a challenging game and I am certain TS3 will be from all the reports I have read so far.

:lol: I grew up on video games so I'm good at them mostly (not something to be proud of? :o). Just most tennis games seem so easy, I can recall Next Generation Tennis and Slam Tennis on PS2 actually being challenging to the point where I would lose some matches. Virtua Tennis 2 also, but only in exhibition mode.

Even if the games are too easy, I still keep playing them. It would just be nice for a change to have realistic results in a tennis game.

~{X}~
Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:52 AM
My Xbox 360 is broken and I have to send it in for repairs, so I won't be able to play the game till I get the system back which should be mid July. :fiery:

tennisvideos
Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:33 PM
My Xbox 360 is broken and I have to send it in for repairs, so I won't be able to play the game till I get the system back which should be mid July. :fiery:

You poor bugger! :tape:

Here's us Aussies complaining that we won't be able to get it until this Thursday or Friday and you have all that time to wait. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. :)

ilovethewilliams
Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM

Go buy yourself a new xbox360 at costco then when you get your repaired xbox360 just return the new one to costco. It's worth having a costco membership.

Aaron.
Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
I have no money due to no Job :rolleyes: Ill just rent the game at blockbuster I guess

Brooklyn90
Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:44 PM

Me too!!!

Ryan
Jun 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Quick question: On the EB Games Canada website it doesn't have Topspin 3 listed as an upcoming game release for XBOX 360, but it does for PS3 and Wii. Is the 360 release supposed to be different from the other consoles? :eek:

Ryan
Jun 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
Ok, I called my local EB and they said its going to be out tomorrow for 360, crisis averted. :lol:

One more question for people with the game - what are the stats like for the players? How extensive is creating your own player in terms of forehand, backhand, volley stats etc - is it out of 100, how many points do the pros have?

Erika_Angel
Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ok, I called my local EB and they said its going to be out tomorrow for 360, crisis averted. :lol:

One more question for people with the game - what are the stats like for the players? How extensive is creating your own player in terms of forehand, backhand, volley stats etc - is it out of 100, how many points do the pros have?

I THINK it is 530 for created players and the pros have 570. It's in the 500s at least.

ilovethewilliams
Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:05 PM
Just spoke to someone at gamestop and yea, confirmed.. it's released tomorrow. The good thing though is that there wont be any shortages as the lady on the phone had to do a 3 min check to find out the answer.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Damn, I think they would have actually given me the game today except they didn't get the shipment. FUCK. :sobbing:

xr6turbo
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
I dont think it can get it till friday. :(

NotTheStereotype
Jun 23rd, 2008, 11:20 PM

You have 560 experience points at your disposal.
-Forehand
-Backhand
-Service
-Return
-Volley
-Power
-Speed
-Stamina

I got this from another website so hopefully its accurate.

Knowing this info, how do you guys think you will allocate the experience points for your custom player?

I also heard you can earn these exp points online or in the games career mode..thats so awesome!!

Ryan
Jun 24th, 2008, 01:59 AM
You have 560 experience points at your disposal.
-Forehand
-Backhand
-Service
-Return
-Volley
-Power
-Speed
-Stamina

I got this from another website so hopefully its accurate.

Knowing this info, how do you guys think you will allocate the experience points for your custom player?

I also heard you can earn these exp points online or in the games career mode..thats so awesome!!

Thanks! I heard you can't have less than 30 points in each category. I want to creat a Hingis, Ivanovic, Djokovic, and possibly Nadal / random person modeled after me.

Ivanovic (assuming its 560 total)

-Forehand: 85
-Backhand: 65
-Service: 85
-Return: 70
-Volley: 35
-Power: 90
-Speed: 70
-Stamina: 60

I think it shows her good power, serve, forehand, improved speed, and her "weaknesses" which are her backhand, volleying skills and stamina. :shrug:

Hingis

-Forehand: 60
-Backhand: 90
-Service: 55
-Return: 75
-Volley: 80
-Power: 50
-Speed: 80
-Stamina: 70

I think this would be a good Hingis distribution because it shows her excellent volley, "anticipation" or speed, backhand and consistent return. I don't mind playing with some big weaknesses like her forehand and serve.

Anyone else think about how they'll spread their points out? I'll do Djokovic later!

Natash.
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:08 AM
Damn, I think they would have actually given me the game today except they didn't get the shipment. FUCK. :sobbing:

Me too! :sobbing:

NotTheStereotype
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Thanks! I heard you can't have less than 30 points in each category. I want to creat a Hingis, Ivanovic, Djokovic, and possibly Nadal / random person modeled after me.

Ivanovic (assuming its 560 total)

-Forehand: 85
-Backhand: 65
-Service: 85
-Return: 70
-Volley: 35
-Power: 90
-Speed: 70
-Stamina: 60

I think it shows her good power, serve, forehand, improved speed, and her "weaknesses" which are her backhand, volleying skills and stamina. :shrug:

Hingis

-Forehand: 60
-Backhand: 90
-Service: 55
-Return: 75
-Volley: 80
-Power: 50
-Speed: 80
-Stamina: 70

I think this would be a good Hingis distribution because it shows her excellent volley, "anticipation" or speed, backhand and consistent return. I don't mind playing with some big weaknesses like her forehand and serve.

Anyone else think about how they'll spread their points out? I'll do Djokovic later!

I dont know if its true but I read in some review that you can only have up to 3 created players on your console. I'll try to find the review that mentioned it. If this is true, it is truly ashame. The HD of the console can fit way more characters than that.

Zombielicious
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Aw man. My blockbuster isn't getting it in until the 27th. Darn, I don't want to wait. :)

V-MAC
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:20 AM
It's very easy to create Ivanovic in this game as they even have her blue Australian Open outfit and her Roland Garros one too :lol:

Speaking of creating players,I just tried making Kournikova and well.........she ended up looking more like Paris Hilton in drag :o

tennisvideos
Jun 24th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Speaking of creating players,I just tried making Kournikova and well.........she ended up looking more like Paris Hilton in drag :o
:lol: You just gave me a thought, maybe I might create Renee Richards as one of my legends. :eek:

Richie's
Jun 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Is Hantuchova in??? Will the games be featured to PC????

Ryan
Jun 24th, 2008, 02:35 PM
No Daniela is not in it, thank god haha!

My damn EB and Future Shop haven't got their shipments in yet, I called them a few hours ago. They said it *should* come in this afternoon. :fiery:

Havok
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Well at least you still have the opportunity to maybe get it today :p. We lucky people living in Quebec have to sit out for an entire day because of a Quebec national holiday which MAKES NO SENSE anyways. They're celebrating St. John the Baptist. What that has to do with the province of Quebec, I have no idea.:weirdo:

Erika_Angel
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
They're celebrating St. John the Baptist. What that has to do with the province of Quebec, I have no idea.:weirdo:

He is the patron saint of French Canadians and the province. It's been a public holiday for over 70 years.

Havok
Jun 24th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I've never been taught that in my entire life as a student (15+ years).:o

ilovethewilliams
Jun 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'm so upset.. wasted almost 2 1/2 hrs and about $6 in gas going to the mall, bestbuy,cc and then gamestop as a last resort and nothing. The guy in gamestop said they should get it tomorrow and I told him the game was released today so why they don't have it and he said it was only shipped today and it should come tomorrow. I saw the ups guy outside cc and I asked the employee to see if he got the shipment and he didn't. I guess I'm going to have to wait another day to waste $65.

Natash.
Jun 24th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I have the game and it's so much! Really embarrassing shots at times if you don't get in position. The ball bounced on my head at one point :tape: But really addicting!

Natash.
Jun 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
It is so satisfying when you rip a winner. :hearts:

Pebbles
Jun 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Natash, it takes a while :p You making Kirilenko? :D You have to hold the button and release before your player makes contact, take the tennis school if things get too tricky :hug:

Natash.
Jun 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Natash, it takes a while :p You making Kirilenko? :D You have to hold the button and release before your player makes contact, take the tennis school if things get too tricky :hug:

I meant to say I love it so much :haha: Thanks :) And of course I'm making Kirilenko. :hearts:

Natash.
Jun 24th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I've just wasted 3 mps against Kuznetsova. :hearts:

Pebbles
Jun 24th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Aw damn! Who are you playing as? Wozniaki? :D

Natash.
Jun 24th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Vaidisova. :) I saved two mps afterwards in a super tiebreak. :lol:

ilovethewilliams
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:04 AM
where are you people getting the game at as I'm having no luck. Today is my saturday as I'm off work tues and weds and tomorrow sunday is usually my stay at home day

Wiggly
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Well at least you still have the opportunity to maybe get it today :p. We lucky people living in Quebec have to sit out for an entire day because of a Quebec national holiday which MAKES NO SENSE anyways. They're celebrating St. John the Baptist. What that has to do with the province of Quebec, I have no idea.:weirdo:

You weren't in Quebec City last night. Everybody was drunk. I mean drunk, drunk, drunk!

Andrew Laeddis
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:59 AM
where are you people getting the game at as I'm having no luck. Today is my saturday as I'm off work tues and weds and tomorrow sunday is usually my stay at home day

Try Best Buy. That's where I got my mine. I tried Gamestop but they get everything the day after its supposed to be in stores.

Ryan
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I HAVE IT!!!!

Haha my EB finally got it and I played it for a few hours before I went in to work. It is TOUGH at first, seriously - so different from Virtua Tennis (which I've been playing lately), it took me a long time to get used to the swing scheme and movement.

I've only played exhibitions so far, mostly as Wozniacki, and its a ton of fun really. I've lost 4-6 to Henin and 2-6 5-7 to Sharapova on Normal, and I really worked for those scorelines haha!

The hitting isn't too difficult once you're used to it, but the movement is still an issue for me - I need to use the Left Bumper better to get those bursts of speed and center myself in the court.

I definitely mis-time the advanced serve sometimes but I have to say this is definitely the most realistic and enjoyable tennis game I've ever played. The animations/graphics are awesome too.

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Glad you are enjoying this Ryan! :D

Natash.
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I can't find Lacoste or is it available? :sad: Is it unlockable?

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Look in the global store Natash, I think it could go under another name apart from Lacoste :)

ilovethewilliams
Jun 25th, 2008, 02:31 AM
I got it, called bestbuy in lawrence ny and they had it but they were closing in 30 mins so i dropped everything grab some slippers and ran to the car and zoom the 10 or so miles. I'll see you all in a few hours.. but first I have to do something about the box cover.. I'll see if I can take one of the williams sisters pictures and put it over sharapova as I cant have any print pictures of sharapova in my apt.

V-MAC
Jun 25th, 2008, 03:10 AM
:lol:

erm......any one played online yet? If so, what is your rank so far? I'm like 120 but I haven't played since Sunday. Hope to crack top 100 soon.

Natash.
Jun 25th, 2008, 03:28 AM
I'm going to play online soon. :) I have it for the PS3

No Name Face
Jun 25th, 2008, 04:50 AM
ok this shit is hard. got it today during lunch but i didn't get home from work until 9ish... i'm going to need a whole day to get this down. i'm still at the training school...maybe this weekend...

tennisvideos
Jun 25th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Aussies - it's now in some shops in Australia (although not officially on the shelf until Friday).
I went into EB Games and asked if they had it and they asked if I had it pre-ordered. I said no and they came back and said lucky they still have 3 copies not reserved so they sold me one. :bounce:
So if you go into an EB Games shop and ask you can probably buy it today - even if you don't see it on the shelf.

ilovethewilliams
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:11 AM
okay.. I played it for 1 1/2 hr so far and first impression is it's a lot better that VT3. After all the updates the ps3 did and I got into the game I did an exhibition between nadal/federer "yea, I could care less about the wta players on this game except for miss Seles" and was trashed 0-6,0-6. The controls are hard however I'm getting used to it as time goes by. The custom player creation is awesome and I created and was playing with a fat overweight guy where when playing Nadal on normal I got trashed 1-6. Awesome game I tell you and it was worth the $65 so far. I went online but no one was online.. packing it up now and heading off to bed.

~{X}~
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:12 AM
:sad: Glad everyone is having fun. I'll join you all with it in the middle of next month. :lol:

henree
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Anyone try the Nintendo DS version of this game? I would love to hear opinions.

jbeacinu
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:19 AM
it's still not as easy as top spin 2 =]

Ntour
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:38 AM
can't wait till i get it

NotTheStereotype
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I got the game today!!! I think I picked up the last one at my Gamestop. I didn't preorder so I was very lucky...The game is great...it is very challenging and will take time to get used to. The realistic element of having to pull back the racket and release the button is really foreign to me..I am so used to pushing a button to hit the ball (perform the entire stroke). Timing is the key in TS3.

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:09 AM
OHHH Can someone please tell me what outfit they have at the shops? I so want to know.. I know that they have the new adidas that Justine wore..

Natash.
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:26 AM
They have the outfits Ivanovic has been wearing, Sharapova's French Open from last year I believe, the Adidas outfits Chakvetadze has been wearing, and a lot more.

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:14 AM
YAY!!! I read that it's out in Australia and I went straight away

EB Games was about to close and then I got it.. if I got there 1 minute late, I wouldn't have got it. I go tit and I'm gonna play it now!! YAY!

Ntour
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:29 AM
what i thought it was only coming out on monday

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 11:39 AM
It OFFICIALLY comes out on friday, but they actually arrive today. So just ask them and they'll give it to you!

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
They got Nike outfits, Yonex black and red dresses Elena wore November 06, blue polo, yellow polo from 07. Lots of new and exciting up-to-date outfits :)

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hey guys, I just started playing career mode and I can't shop.. i'm only junior, so can you only get it when you're pro?

Uranium
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I wanna buy one of them, which do you guys recommend:)
I have PS3

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Uranium, I don't think SCT3 is out on PS3 :sad: I could be wrong though.

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, I just started playing career mode and I can't shop.. i'm only junior, so can you only get it when you're pro?
Yeah once you have passed a few challenges and won some Unlock Points, you press Y in the main screen of career mode and go shop! :D

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM
nevermind I found it :p

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I bought everything from Nike and a couple from Adidas!

Anyway!! How manyu level does your mall have?

Uranium
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
i was planning on getting TS3 anyways since it has Seles and Sveta:lol:

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I bought everything from Nike and a couple from Adidas!

Anyway!! How manyu level does your mall have?
3 :p

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:46 PM
i was planning on getting TS3 anyways since it has Seles and Sveta:lol:
:lol: And you PS3 peeps get Nadal too :p I cannot wait for SCT3, I loved SCT2. But we so need an official WTA Tour 08 game, with the top 250 all included :angel:

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:49 PM
how many stuff does each shop have?

Shafanovic.
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Because in mine.. Adidas has like 4 pages and NIke has 6 stuff

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I think we all have the same amount ;) Global store ftw! :D

queperknuckle
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I got this game last night and I can barely stay awake at work from playing it all night. The first thing that I realized when I started career mode is that this game has incredible depth. It is also very challenging. I would ignore reviews saying the risk shot system is flawed. You've got to realize that these magazine reviewer play the game for a few hours and then put it down. I'm sure serious gamers won't have a problem with it. I got frustrated with my player alot though, and the controls frustrated me at first. To see how difficult and complex the game can be, play an exhibition match on very hard. The game is almost like real tennis!

queperknuckle
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I got this game last night and I can barely stay awake at work from playing it all night. The first thing that I realized when I started career mode is that this game has incredible depth. It is also very challenging. I would ignore reviews saying the risk shot system is flawed. You've got to realize that these magazine reviewer play the game for a few hours and then put it down. I'm sure serious gamers won't have a problem with it. I got frustrated with my player alot though, and the controls frustrated me at first. To see how difficult and complex the game can be, play an exhibition match on very hard. The game is almost like real tennis, with all it's strategy, frustration, and even silence. This game just blows VT3 out of the water. By far the best tennis game I've ever played.

Havok
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Just came back from my EB Games and they still didn't get their UPS shipment in. They should be getting it this afternoon, though. Fingers crossed.:)

Pebbles
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Naldo :hug:

Ryan
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Hopefully you get it today Naldo!!!

The career mode is ok for me so far...I hate playing in the stupid playground sites. :p It's actually pretty tough sometimes, I've lost like 4 matches at the Junior level so far and my XP points are coming along pretty nicely! I created a Hingis and I think she looks pretty realistic (maybe an "ideal" Hingis haha, she looks a little hotter than the real one)...not that a digital player is hot. :lol:

Question to people who have it: how do you find the serving? I can hit the advanced serves pretty regularly but is there a way to give them different spin or speed? And the basic serves with different spins - how do I hit them harder?!?! Thanks.

Uranium
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I got Top Spin 3 today and it is hard, I am struggling on level normal:o

Uranium
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM
clay matches are the funnest IMO

Natash.
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Someone should make a tour for Top Spin 3 on the Games section after everyone has time to get better :hearts: :)

nniels
Jun 25th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Lol, I just lost 6-0 6-4 to Seles with Henin on clay :lol: It was on very hard but still :shrug: I only got those four games becaushe she her serve was less and she wasn't running that good anymore (she still got to every ball though). You name where and Seles hits it there :rolleyes:

nniels
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I tell you, don't play against Seles on very hard, it'll get you frustrated :fiery: :lol:

nniels
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Question to people who have it: how do you find the serving? I can hit the advanced serves pretty regularly but is there a way to give them different spin or speed? And the basic serves with different spins - how do I hit them harder?!?! Thanks.

You're playing with XBOX360 or PS3?

Tennisation
Jun 25th, 2008, 10:41 PM
I played with Maria & Seles, they were hitting one-handed backhand topspin on the run:tape:

ilovethewilliams
Jun 25th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Well I've yet to play a womens match so will test that out later. I started career mode and now I'm in challenger and a total of 0-4 in 4 tournaments. However, I decided to test out the online play and I think that's where i will hang out most. I went in as Nadal online and met someone else who was also nadal and we played a set which lasted about 20 mins and I ended up losing 1-6. The online connection was not bad at all and I could hardly tell the difference.

I have PS3 and my online id is blufetish.

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Please correct me if I am wrong, there are no glasses, watches or wristbands to buy, and Reebok or Head are not sponsors?

Pebbles
Jun 26th, 2008, 01:27 AM
I don't see any glasses, watches or wristbands, could be wrong. Head is a racket sponsor and Reebok have a few clothes :D

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jun 26th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I'm getting this game tonight after class, can't wait to play it. Not to sound completely dumb, but when does Smash Court 3 come out?

Pebbles
Jun 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I think it comes out in Europe in early July, N America in late July/Early August :)

darkchild
Jun 26th, 2008, 02:58 AM
The game is easier than I thought. I got it today and I played a couple of hours. I did not have any problem in exhibition except Sharapova's wicked kicker on the deuce court. It was very hard and I still won 7-6 7-6. Couldn't break her...:o
The one thing that bothers me is that these featured players don't play like themselves. Monica slices a lot on clay court...:o
But it is still the most realistic game ever!! Can't wait to have a tournament of wtaworld posters!!

Ryan
Jun 26th, 2008, 02:59 AM
My user thing for Xbox Live is Crackingbaker (lame I know, the xbox peeps picked it for us), so add me if you want and I'll add anyone who posts their name thing.

V-MAC
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Add me for XboxLive games people, my gamertag is Mack2300.

btw, I definitely think we should hold a WTAWorld tournament and hopefully get some sort of tour of our own happening but we'll have to see how the game is split among those who have Xbox version and those who have PS3.

Havok
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:14 AM
This game officialy owns.:rocker2:

I can't stop playing it. I've created Dokic and and playing my first Juniors event. So far I haven't lost a match, but there are been some close ones and I've had to battle even in some of my bagel matches.

If anybody has a PS3, feel free to add me: Pens

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Created my Dokic, got through all the early stuff easily and I'm now a Junior. She looks a little too Native American or something LOL, but it was really just a test run. I'll create a more refined one later.

In Exhibitions/Tournaments, I've already started beating the computer on Hard relatively easily. Serving is important in this game, it's much easier to hold than to break. I've only played as Seles so far (which I have so much fun with), I'm not sure if it will be more difficult if I pick other players, but now that I got the hang of the ballstriking, I'm winning pretty handily on Hard and below. Haven't tried Very Hard yet.

Seles does hit a 2-handed forehand sometimes, it's strange. It's like 60% of the time it's one-handed, and 40% 2-handed. They created her well though overall, I'm satisfied.

The gameplay is soooo incredibly hard at first. I was trying to get the hang of it on my own without the tutorial and trust me, it's pretty much impossible. It was a lot like WTA Tour Tennis (North American) when I first started playing and didn't know what I was doing LOL.

The gameplay itself is very good. Great effort here from the 2K people. It's all about timing and positioning and not aiming too harshly. Now that I've got it down, I can easily overpower my opponents. I was awful at first. It takes a couple hours to really feel totally comfortable, I guarantee you it won't come quickly.

Haven't played enough of the World Tour to get a good read on if it's anything special, but it seems cool so far.

Overall, really fun. I've played for hours today. :lol:

Pebbles
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Everyone seems to like it! :bounce:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:25 AM
You're talking about Top Spin 3 right? It costs 60 bucks doesnt it

Havok
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Yup, reasonably priced game.

V-MAC
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Got it for 55 euros here.Don't know what other europeans had to pay for it.

Natash.
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Who has it for the PS3? :sad: :)

EDIT: Oh seems people left their IDs! :D

50Sense
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:40 AM
I want this game so badly. But I dont even have a console.

Ntour
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I think the next step is having different computer AI's for different players
so when you play computer sharapova, or computer Mauresmo they play the style their meant to play

and then you could select a apecific AI for your created player for when you play against them as computer opponents

faboozadoo15
Jun 26th, 2008, 03:58 AM
:haha: I'm so fucking baddddd.
I did the tutorial and things are going a bit better, but Jesus :tape:
Bad, just bad.

It's fun though!

Havok
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:20 AM
For those who have the PS3 version, where the HELL is the Mall to buy my created character new clothes? I just finished my 2nd month of Juniors and I have no clue where it is. Does it only become available once you pass the Juniors stage???

Natash.
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:22 AM
For those who have the PS3 version, where the HELL is the Mall to buy my created character new clothes? I just finished my 2nd month of Juniors and I have no clue where it is. Does it only become available once you pass the Juniors stage???

It's somewhere in the start menu. I'd go check right now but in an epic match against Sharapova in career mode. :sad:

Havok
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Found it. Bizarre that you need to leave Career Mode to enter the mall.:weirdo:

Thanks a bunch!

Natash.
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Found it. Bizarre that you need to leave Career Mode to enter the mall.:weirdo:

Thanks a bunch!

Yeah I know. :o

No problem. :)

V-MAC
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:27 AM
In Xbox version you don't have to leave career mode to find the mall. Its on the screen where you can adjust your player's skill level, view match history, etc... I thought PS3 version would have the same thing.

Uranium
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:31 AM
WhatTheDeuce, you can beat hard already:o, I just finally got my first normal level win:tape:, this game is kinda hard, but not that much anymore

No Name Face
Jun 26th, 2008, 05:55 AM
i'm doing better today. i love the game, it's really good. i wonder if you get an achievement for finishing the training school...
xbox id is syystemofaden, add me. i also play topspin 2 although my character there is apparently not good for the xbox live crowd. i must make my topspin 3 counterpart much much better. i just got xbox live and i had to erase my old name with all of my achievements. i'm a little sore, but i'll get over it.

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 26th, 2008, 06:05 AM
i loooooove this game. its so much better than TS2 and more realistic. im in my 3rd month as a junior tho and finally won a tournament jumping from 70 to 23 in the rankings.
i love the realism when u create the player, how the stamina actually goes down while in a string of long points.
i didnt kno that u could select 4 the computer to play hard or easy 4 career mode - mines is on normal. my character is overall n the 35-40 range(going slow i know)
what else is there 2 say......oh the replay is back!

Pebbles
Jun 26th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Naldo & Natash, have you two played one another yet? :D

Natash.
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Naldo & Natash, have you two played one another yet? :D

Nope. :sad: I sent him an invite though. :) I'll try and improve my character's stats first.

So Disrespectful
Jun 26th, 2008, 09:00 AM
So excited! I'm running out to buy my 360 and TS3 when it comes out tomorrow.

Adal
Jun 26th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Just 6 more days :bigcry:

Nikkiri
Jun 26th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Just 6 more days :bigcry:

I got mine today :banana:

Adal
Jun 26th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I got mine today :banana:
:ras:
Now get me EXCITED!111

Nikkiri
Jun 26th, 2008, 09:09 AM
:ras:
Now get me EXCITED!111

It's awesome!!1111111

I'll tell you more later :lol:

Adal
Jun 26th, 2008, 09:15 AM
It's awesome!!1111111

I'll tell you more later :lol:
Okay :bigcry: :ras:

So Disrespectful
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:25 AM
A preview of SCT3 :rolls:

Tom Price and I only played a few games against each other, so we didn’t have time to master precision placement of serves and shots, but we did have a number of long volleys, which shows that SCT3 does indeed make it simple for anyone to grab a controller and play in no time.

xr6turbo
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I just got it :D

mandy7
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Does anyone have it on the wii yet?
and if so.. how is it played? same as tennis on the wii sports game?
or do you used the remote as an old fashioned controller?

Ksenia.
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I want this game so badly. But I dont even have a console.same here:rolleyes:

watchdogfish
Jun 26th, 2008, 12:59 PM

You use the nunchuk to move around the court and to direct your shots. You also dropshot and lob with the nunchuk!

And you swing the wii remote like you do in wii tennis but the way you swing it determines whether you hit the ball with slice or topspin.

You hit safe serves with the nunchuk but more risky serves with the wii remote, but I find the risky serves hard so use the safe serves more :lol:

It's a good game but the xbox and PS3 versions seem to to have more. Like you can't create players with the wii version and there are only 11 tournaments in career mode but they're quite lengthy so it's not bad!

Avid Merrion
Jun 26th, 2008, 01:06 PM

it's pretty similar to Wii Sports, but it's better in that you can move your player around the court, and the shot selection is better. not as random as it is on Wii Sports! :lol:
it might not have all the fancy features that the xbox version has but i like it, because there is definitely more realism in playing TS on the Wii compared to on the xbox where you are just pressing buttons rather than swinging out :p

Ryan
Jun 26th, 2008, 01:31 PM
WHAT? Some people here are winning on hard?? :lol: I actually haven't played any exhibitions lately so I'm not sure where I'm at with a fully-created player. In Juniors I missed out on being top 3 by one spot. :rolleyes: So I'm just going through the second season playing the low-tier events and winning all of them. :lol:

The more I play the more the gameplay resembles Topspin 2 to me, but better.

Oneofakind0490
Jun 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM
The same thing happened to me Ryan. I was one match away from number 3 and I had to play the number 1 junior and lost easily:(

Adal
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Top Spin 3 DEMO is available on XLMP :)

Elwin.
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:22 PM
In juniors i lost my first 7 matches then i won 4 tournaments after that :lol: still finished #5 at the ranking but wasn't top 3 so i had to play another season, i played 7 tournaments, won them all and finished #1 .
In the pro tour i'm at #23 now , only played 1 tournament and i won that :p

i'm starting to win at HARD level!

Havok
Jun 26th, 2008, 04:23 PM
For those who are still waiting for the game, trust me it's well worth it!:hug:

Pebbles
Jun 26th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Anyone know what happens when you have completed the Junior Challenge (Finishing Top 3)? :D

queperknuckle
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Anyone know what happens when you have completed the Junior Challenge (Finishing Top 3)? :D

Not I. This game is incredible difficult. All the juniors that I play have twice the ability of my player, but play where below what their ability should probably be. Still, it is really hard to find a consistent way to win points. I got to a final and lost a match that I should've won. Still, the game is VERY realistic because real tennis is hard like this. Unlike in topspin 1, you can't risk shot your way out of trouble. I still haven't found risk shots to be that useful for anything.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Just started my junior career with Dokic, played 2 tournaments, both in the Hard tier. Lost in the 1R of the first event 3-4(5) really should have won it but I got down early in the TB with some errors and I blew it after I came back to 5-5. Won the second event saving 2 mp's in the final 4-3(6). It's challenging when your opponents are in the mid 50's and my Dokic is still at like 33. :lol: Lots of fun though, looking forward to playing more. I better be earning more EXP/ranking pts for winning the higher tier events.

No Name Face
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:38 PM
In the juniors with my guy, I was up to #2 but now I fell to #5 because I tried to play the harder tournaments (on grass). I turned the CPU down to easy, so maybe i can win moscow :tape::tape:

Pebbles
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah the higher tier events are worth more XP and UP :D The only thing is, by playing them, you virtually have to win all the higher tiers to finish in the top 3 by the end of the year, it ain't easy! :p

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM
In the juniors with my guy, I was up to #2 but now I fell to #5 because I tried to play the harder tournaments (on grass). I turned the CPU down to easy, so maybe i can win moscow :tape::tape:
:haha:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah the higher tier events are worth more XP and UP :D The only thing is, by playing them, you virtually have to win all the higher tiers to finish in the top 3 by the end of the year, it ain't easy! :p
I'm gonna do it. :armed: SHOO! I should have won the first event I played if it wasn't for a choke, and the second one was really more difficult that it should have been in the final. Can't stand playing serve & volleyers. :o

I've got some EXP to add to my Dokic from winning my last event, once I get her up a few points in some key categories I'm gonna start to win easier, I think.

No Name Face
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:45 PM
this game is so hard...but i love it. i also bought GTA 4 but i haven't even started that yet. davey you better add me on xbox live so we can play. i'm so glad i could work from home today...i've done about 5% work and 95% topspin :tape: :tape:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I've never used XBox Live or anything similar, so I have no idea how to get it going or what I'm doing. Honestly. Completely clueless. I hook it up to my computer? LOL.

Pebbles
Jun 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I'm gonna do it. :armed: SHOO! I should have won the first event I played if it wasn't for a choke, and the second one was really more difficult that it should have been in the final. Can't stand playing serve & volleyers. :o

I've got some EXP to add to my Dokic from winning my last event, once I get her up a few points in some key categories I'm gonna start to win easier, I think.
:lol: Yeah the serve & volleyers are annoying, I like to slice them off the court ;) But once the EXP Points get built up, you can really see big differences in your player :bounce:

Ryan
Jun 26th, 2008, 09:08 PM
AGH. I'm #4 in the juniors with only two tournaments left...and I'm afraid to play the hard tier events haha and lose early. I've made a couple finals on the Hard tier but more often than not I lose in tiebreakers, ALL the time. :fiery:

queperknuckle
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:06 PM
:lol: Yeah the serve & volleyers are annoying, I like to slice them off the court ;) But once the EXP Points get built up, you can really see big differences in your player :bounce:

Hey. Unlike in topspin 1, serve volley could be a good tactic for making a custom player.

V-MAC
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Online matches are so tough. Some people seem to have over-maxed their skill levels :eek:

Shafanovic.
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:12 PM

Yeh!! You start at numberr 100 as pro. And to complete the mmission, you have to be number 1 at the end of the year.. I just played Aussie Open and played number 1 Sharapova and lost 1-3 2-4

Maryamator
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:15 PM
any idea if it came out in austria?:) im dying for the freaking game!:p

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Winning all the Hard events in Juniors easily now, I'm number one with like 5-6 events to go. I want to get to the pros already, but it's time consuming. :ras:

Shafanovic.
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I agree with you WhatTheDeuce

It takes so long... I didn't win anything in my first 2 tournaments but after that I won 6 titles and finals of 2 and I skipped the rest of them :p

Oneofakind0490
Jun 26th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Ok so I made it to the Pro's and changed the difficulty level to hard. Made the finals of my first even and then played two big events. Lost both and I really choked against Vaidisova in the one. Then I lost my first match in a small tourny. My biggest problem is movement. I dont get how to do it. I dont understand for PS3 the L1 button. Anyone who knows how to use it explain it to me?

Uranium
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:03 AM
I created Maria Sanchez Lorenzo(Maria Sanchez for short) and I gave her a two handed forehand, but she hits it with one hand mostly:(

Havok
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:05 AM
After you finish hitting your shot, hold down L1 which gives you a sort of speed boost so you can get yourself back to the center of the baseline. That way if your opponent decides to hit a crosscourt shot, you won't be waddling to get the shot ala Davenport but will already be there with lightning speed ala Jankovic!

R1 works the same way, but you use it if you want to follow up a shot by charging the net.:)

I deleted all of my created players as I created them too quickly and they were all disgusting.:o One more match, and I bring my Dokic to the Junior tour. I also can't stand playing S&V players, they annoy the heck out of me. Hitting winners is still damn satisfying though :drool:. The most satisfying of any tennis game out there.

Havok
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I created Maria Sanchez Lorenzo(Maria Sanchez for short) and I gave her a two handed forehand, but she hits it with one hand mostly:(
I think it's simply due to the mechanics of the game. Like Seles, she needs to be in proper position and really take a crack at the ball to hit it with both hands. They need to work on this for the next version of Top Spin. Also they should get realistic grunts. Seles' are spot on and is so much fun to play with/against her!

Pebbles
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:08 AM
When you get used to the timing of the game and your player gets more exp, they will hit the ball 2 handed much more ;)

So Disrespectful
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I've never used XBox Live or anything similar, so I have no idea how to get it going or what I'm doing. Honestly. Completely clueless. I hook it up to my computer? LOL.

Your internet cable from the modem/router just needs to connect straight to your Xbox 360 (I assume it's the same as the original Xbox). After that it should be easy to enter Xbox Live through the game.

You will then (if everything connects automatically, which it should) be prompted to create a new account with your Windows Live ID and you'll be asked to choose a gamer tag. Xbox Live silver is free, but you can't actually use it to play online games, it's just there to download free content and such.

I think after you set everything up, you'll be given a one month gold trial membership.

So Disrespectful
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:28 AM
And gosh I'm so excited! In an hour or so I'll have my console and game :lol:

If K-Mart are sold out I'll be peeved to say the least :fiery:.

Pebbles
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Hope you enjoy it and that they have it hun :hug: I made Harkleroad & Kirilenko so far :p

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Ok so I made it to the Pro's and changed the difficulty level to hard.
Yeah, I think this is what I'm gonna do once I finish the Junior tour.

After you finish hitting your shot, hold down L1 which gives you a sort of speed boost so you can get yourself back to the center of the baseline. That way if your opponent decides to hit a crosscourt shot, you won't be waddling to get the shot ala Davenport but will already be there with lightning speed ala Jankovic!
LMAO had no idea these buttons even existed. Those little tip screens that pop up randomly disappear within seconds cause everything loads too quickly, I can never read them. And I only did a couple of tutorials for the basic timing. I need to start to learn this shit.

On a separate note, I find sometimes I'll make an error and I'm not quite sure where I went wrong. That's one thing that's bothering me at the moment, I feel like I'll time it well and be (sort of) in position, but it just randomly goes into the net or flies long. I'm like :wierdo:. It's good though in a way, makes it more realistic.

I think it's simply due to the mechanics of the game. Like Seles, she needs to be in proper position and really take a crack at the ball to hit it with both hands. They need to work on this for the next version of Top Spin. Also they should get realistic grunts. Seles' are spot on and is so much fun to play with/against her!
Yup, agree. Seles saves this roster for me, totally.

Your internet cable from the modem/router just needs to connect straight to your Xbox 360 (I assume it's the same as the original Xbox). After that it should be easy to enter Xbox Live through the game.

You will then (if everything connects automatically, which it should) be prompted to create a new account with your Windows Live ID and you'll be asked to choose a gamer tag. Xbox Live silver is free, but you can't actually use it to play online games, it's just there to download free content and such.

I think after you set everything up, you'll be given a one month gold trial membership.
Okay thanks, I'm gonna try this. I'll have to move my 360 though. I'm assuming it doesn't matter that I have a wireless connection? :o LOL. I just hope I can find the internet wire thing that came with the system when I bought it, who the fuck knows where I put that.

No Name Face
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:54 AM
davey do it, i want to play you :wavey:;)

my character is coming along slowly. i cheated a little...i was losing in the harder tournaments so i changed the CPU to easy and ended the season #2 :tape:

now i'm in the pros

cheo23
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Btw Topspin 3 will be on PS3, PSP, Xbox and Wii??

So Disrespectful
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I got the game and my Xbox 360! I created Daniela and she looks so authentic. I'm enjoying it so far, up to the second group of players and still haven't lost a match. It does get harder, doesn't it?

Also, how do I improve my stats? Is there some sort of training, or will they improve with match play?

So Disrespectful
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:13 AM
Oh never mind :lol:

stevos
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I have bought the game but our new house doesnt even have a fucking TV! LOL
But this is so promising, reading these comments, difficulty and realism is what I was dying for in this game! Oh I'm so excited to play. Except I don't know who to make, since they already have a Maria, but I want someone I absolutely adore and will always enjoy smacking balls with...hmmm.

And Dave, and Dennis, we're playing live together. KK??

So Disrespectful
Jun 27th, 2008, 08:08 AM
OMG guys, talk about hard. As soon as you hit the junior events, WHAM! :lol:

Anyone up for a match? I haven't used live before.

jochem
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I want to buy the game so bad! It's just that I have a PS2 now and I'd rather save some money for other stuff in stead of bying a new console :( But can anyone tell me which tournaments the World Tour has? Does it have the usual tier I's? I've seen Indian Wells and Miami but does it have toerneys like Rome, Berlin, Toronto, Moscow etc?

tennisvideos
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:38 PM
OMG talk about brain dead :eek: I have been playing with my xbox settings on 480 for screen resolution all this time whilst I have had a HD TV wtih 1080 capability. I wonder why all my tennis games seemed a bit dark and the writing not clear etc.

Well today I just happened to stumble across the settings and changed them and WHAMO - crystal clear graphics and text. What a difference this makes. The graphics in this game are just brilliant - the hair moving about in the wind, even the crowds etc. :bounce: And to think I was wondering what all the fuss was about the great graphics in this game, well now I know! :lol:

The gameplay is tough but I am just starting out - I actually love the challenging learning curve.

jochem - As for the tournaments, there are lots including Rome, Moscow, London (Queens I think), Estoril in addition to the others you mentioned. Plenty more I just don't have it on at the moment.

Pebbles
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I have bought the game but our new house doesnt even have a fucking TV! LOL
But this is so promising, reading these comments, difficulty and realism is what I was dying for in this game! Oh I'm so excited to play. Except I don't know who to make, since they already have a Maria, but I want someone I absolutely adore and will always enjoy smacking balls with...hmmm.

And Dave, and Dennis, we're playing live together. KK??
Make Dechy! :bounce:

Ksenia.
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:44 PM
So you have to play as a junior first? Quite interesting ;) Give me a console anybody :sad:

Pebbles
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I want to buy the game so bad! It's just that I have a PS2 now and I'd rather save some money for other stuff in stead of bying a new console :( But can anyone tell me which tournaments the World Tour has? Does it have the usual tier I's? I've seen Indian Wells and Miami but does it have toerneys like Rome, Berlin, Toronto, Moscow etc?
Yeah lots of licensed courts, arenas. Over 50 i think :drool:

Adal
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:46 PM
So you have to play as a junior first? Quite interesting ;) Give me a console anybody :sad:
You should buy Xbox360 :hug:

Havok
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
If you don't want to play to play online, buy a PS3. Plus it's a Blu-Ray movie player as well.:p

I really like the fact that the career mode is really like how these tennis players try and make it to the pro tour. It's just funny when your player was born in the early 80's and you're playing juniors with people born in the 90's.:lol:

There are so many things to master in this game, and serving is extremely difficult to do if you want to place it well into the corners with some power. I like the fact that they also made the serve a weapon in this game. Serves used to always be just a shot to start the point and you could have always managed to hit return winners even off a Roddick 140 mph serve!:weirdo:

Renalicious
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Damn, it's really hard. Got it today...it's frustrating. :sad: JuJu has double bagelled Caro 3 times now. :sad:

Renalicious
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Guys...please tell me how to hit WELL. I mean, a lot of my balls are sooooo loopy and nasty. It's really hard, like you have to use the special and that's inconsistent and you cant direct it.

Aaron.
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I only have demo for xbox360 :sad:

ilovethewilliams
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I never saw a ps3 Demo. anyway game is really hard even in juniors but then again I've yet to play a womens match on this console. Playing an online match with the PS3 seems to be my calling because I always have some fanstatic matches playing as Nadal. I will admit I played once online as Seles but my opponent wasn't that good and he was trashed. And you don't have to use risk shots or powerful serves.. If you know how to play defense you will be fine especiall if your playing one of the established stars.

Oneofakind0490
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Almost done with my first season of the pro's. One more tourney left and I'm number 18. Gonna play the big tourney. The game is very tough still. I finally got good enough that I was able to win two smaller events. I beat my rival who has beat me 3-0 3-0 twice 4-3 3-0 in the final. Saved a few sp in the first set. In a earlier round some other girl who gave me trouble I beat 0-3 4-2 14-12. had to save a few mp. This games so hard on hard I may put it up to very hard soon but the pro's are impossible to beat with my girl so under leveled.

Uranium
Jun 27th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Guys...please tell me how to hit WELL. I mean, a lot of my balls are sooooo loopy and nasty. It's really hard, like you have to use the special and that's inconsistent and you cant direct it.

it's about timing, you need to hit the ball in your strike zone and bring the racquet back at a good time and then hit the ball again hard.
It's a tough game, but fun.
I won my first match on Juniors on the hard level:)

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Basically hold the shot button down as long as you possibly can before hitting the ball, and use the bounce and depth of the opponents shot to figure out the timing on when to release. It's usually better to release a little early than late, so don't be late or it'll for sure be a powderpuff.

Renalicious
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I won that first tournament you have to play to get into Juniors. :) Yay :p

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Ok, I have a problem with the online thing. My router/modem is downstairs on the other computer and there's no TV around it that I can hook up to. Is there any way I can get around that, or do I need to move my router/modem to my computer upstairs (where I have a TV as well)?

Ksenia.
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Ok, I have a problem with the online thing. My router/modem is downstairs on the other computer and there's no TV around it that I can hook up to. Is there any way I can get around that, or do I need to move my router/modem to my computer upstairs (where I have a TV as well)?I think you can connect it with extension cord?

Oneofakind0490
Jun 27th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Do you have wireless internet?
If you do you can buy a wireless adapter.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/accessories/wirelessnetworkadapter.htm
Much Easier than moving you system around IMO.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Do you have wireless internet?
If you do you can buy a wireless adapter.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/accessories/wirelessnetworkadapter.htm
Much Easier than moving you system around IMO.
PERFECT, thank you.

Maryamator
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
THis game is AWESOME!

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 27th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Ok, I've been playing for like the last 4 hours. Would probably play more if I didn't have work tonight. :tape: :lol: Anyway, I won my last 6 Junior events in a row, all on the higher tier, without the loss of a game. Could have afforded to skip a few weeks but didn't since I wanted to rack up all the EXP possible.

Once I got to the pros, I turned the difficulty up to Hard cause I was crushing everything in Juniors. The problem is at that point I had racked up so much EXP that I made my Dokic good enough to rape the pros on Hard as well. :o Probably should have waited to add all those EXP points, but anyway... I won the AO easily without the loss of a set, beating Sharapova, Mauresmo, Kuznetsova, among others. Wasn't really much of a challenge. I've also learned how to execute risk shots (which if you're on balance are incredibly easy). Those help in turning the tide of points mostly. They're not as deadly as they were in previous Topspins (which is good), but they serve a purpose.

I guess all that's left for me to try is turning the difficulty up to Very Hard and maxing out all my skills. This game is freakin' amazing but I'm a little sad at how easy it's become so early. I just hope Very Hard provides more of a challenge. I'm glad I'm finally gonna try XBox Live cause I'm sure playing real players will be much more challenging than the computer on the hardest level.

MakarovaFan
Jun 27th, 2008, 10:03 PM
How about we get a forum/section just for video games???

Ryan
Jun 27th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Ok, I've been playing for like the last 4 hours. Would probably play more if I didn't have work tonight. :tape: :lol: Anyway, I won my last 6 Junior events in a row, all on the higher tier, without the loss of a game. Could have afforded to skip a few weeks but didn't since I wanted to rack up all the EXP possible.

Once I got to the pros, I turned the difficulty up to Hard cause I was crushing everything in Juniors. The problem is at that point I had racked up so much EXP that I made my Dokic good enough to rape the pros on Hard as well. :o Probably should have waited to add all those EXP points, but anyway... I won the AO easily without the loss of a set, beating Sharapova, Mauresmo, Kuznetsova, among others. Wasn't really much of a challenge. I've also learned how to execute risk shots (which if you're on balance are incredibly easy). Those help in turning the tide of points mostly. They're not as deadly as they were in previous Topspins (which is good), but they serve a purpose.

I guess all that's left for me to try is turning the difficulty up to Very Hard and maxing out all my skills. This game is freakin' amazing but I'm a little sad at how easy it's become so early. I just hope Very Hard provides more of a challenge. I'm glad I'm finally gonna try XBox Live cause I'm sure playing real players will be much more challenging than the computer on the hardest level.

Uh, WOW hahaha. I just started playing in the Pros and made the finals of my second tournament before I had to "retire" because I was leaving!. :lol: My Hingis is definitely not maxed out yet because I didn't win many of the Hard Junior events, I think I've got like 375 xp points out of 560? So my backhand, volley, return, speed and stamina are low 60's and forehand, serve, and power are high 50 each. It's really tough sometimes but so rewarding.

Maryamator
Jun 27th, 2008, 11:29 PM
i made my own character:tape: haha

Maryamator
Jun 27th, 2008, 11:32 PM
is ther a way i can rename my player:tape?:p

stevos
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:16 AM

Fine then, don't reply to my online request. :ras:

Oh, but yeah don't worry. You will be VERY challenged at the XBOX Live level, people on there are always insanely good. I hardly ever won with Top Spin 2, and I liked to think I was very good (shut up Karim if you come in here, I got better since we played :p ).

I need to play you! LOL And table tennis too, woowoo.
You're such a lil gamer though so you'll prolly pwn.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 28th, 2008, 06:40 AM

Oh, but yeah don't worry. You will be VERY challenged at the XBOX Live level, people on there are always insanely good. I hardly ever won with Top Spin 2, and I liked to think I was very good (shut up Karim if you come in here, I got better since we played :p ).

Of course, but I need to buy the wireless adapter first which I won't have for a few days, then I'll get back to you. ;) We'll definitely go mono-e-mono, chile. It'll be epic.

Pebbles
Jun 28th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I am so getting XB Live soon, then you can pray for mercy when I step onto court :worship: :p

So Disrespectful
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Anyone want to play me? I'm not very good :tape:

Pebbles
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I wish i had it now :sad: It would be fun playing you guys :bounce: Who did you create iliketennis? :)

So Disrespectful
Jun 28th, 2008, 08:01 AM
So far I've made Daniela and Juan Carlos Ferrero. I've only been using Dani and she's ranked 30th on the pro tour. I'm going to up the difficulty because I want it to be a challenge!

Pebbles
Jun 28th, 2008, 08:03 AM
:woohoo: Go Daniella! Go JCF! I have made Harkleroad and some random 2-handed FH Japanese player :p

Renalicious
Jun 28th, 2008, 08:17 AM
This game is effin hard...I don't know how anyone can beat a player in Exhibition, Normal or Hard mode. :weirdo: Masha got kicked by Juju 6-2, 6-2 and I thought I did well to get those games. :weirdo: It's like fricken impossible to hit a winner againt Juju, she slices everything back. Her movement is crazy.

Renalicious
Jun 28th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Oh and how do you train your player so it can get some skills?

And also how do you get new outfits? is that horrible two piece red/white thing the only thing you can wear?

andrew_uk
Jun 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I got my Top Spin 3 yesterday for the Wii. I was absolutely furious to discover it does not have the world tour and player creation functions :fiery: It has a different options for tournaments and party modes but I mainly wanted it for the tour. I do have an X Box 360 too so I will probably buy it. But I do like the Wii game for the controls so I'll probably end up with both :p :lol:

Pebbles
Jun 28th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Oh and how do you train your player so it can get some skills?

And also how do you get new outfits? is that horrible two piece red/white thing the only thing you can wear?
You win EXP Points from beating players and you can change the outfit on XB360 Version, by pressing the Y button in the main career screen, good luck! :p

Renalicious
Jun 28th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Ooooh okay thanks. :hug:

Guys have you played hard/normal mode on exhibiition? Gah! It's impossible lol. Vaidisova took a game off Roddick on hard mode though. :D :lol:

So Disrespectful
Jun 28th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Ooooh okay thanks. :hug:

Guys have you played hard/normal mode on exhibiition? Gah! It's impossible lol. Vaidisova took a game off Roddick on hard mode though. :D :lol:

I can win in normal and hard sometimes (haven't played an exhibition for a while), but try using Wozniacki against Seles in very hard. It's impossible :lol:

stevos
Jun 29th, 2008, 06:50 AM
BUMP
Playing it tommmorow!

A_S
Jun 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
does this have wimbledon (on th wii) I see it has 40 events or something but it doesnt bloody list them... which is usefull!!!! :lol:

Renalicious
Jun 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I've won 5 tournaments. :)

I can beat normal now...but it's still very tough. Dont stand a chance in Hard. :p

Ryan
Jun 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I won my first tournament on Pro and made the RG Semis before losing like 12-10 in the super TB and having match points. :lol: Im #11.

Mikey.
Jun 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Omg :bigcry: I bought TS3 for the Wii today and I'm really disappointed. I knew there was going to be no career mode but omg... the graphics are so bad, and it's so hard to control your player. Don't even get me started on how hard serving is :mad::bigcry: Does anyone else find it really really slow?

So Disrespectful
Jun 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM
What are everyone's tags on Live?

Adal
Jun 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Omg :bigcry: I bought TS3 for the Wii today and I'm really disappointed. I knew there was going to be no career mode but omg... the graphics are so bad, and it's so hard to control your player. Don't even get me started on how hard serving is :mad::bigcry: Does anyone else find it really really slow?
:hug:

No Name Face
Jun 29th, 2008, 02:16 PM

add me! syystemofaden. we'll play!

So Disrespectful
Jun 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I'm KillingEva btw. :D

gredin
Jun 29th, 2008, 05:59 PM
my gamertag : Lermin1981
my faves : Seles/Wozniacki (I didn't create my own player so I only play on exhibition match)

Maryamator
Jun 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
on ps3 im mimster if anyone wants to add me:wavey:

xr6turbo
Jun 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM
on ps3 im mimster if anyone wants to add me:wavey:
Ill add you in a min :p

Oneofakind0490
Jun 29th, 2008, 06:26 PM
My PS3 name is Oneofakind0490. Add me everyone :)

Maryamator
Jun 29th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Ill add you in a min :p

haha awesome thanks:)
ill accept next time im on the ps3:)

nniels
Jun 29th, 2008, 08:18 PM
It'll all be a matter of time before you start winning against hard and very hard :)

I'm playing a second season and won the AO on hard, won 31 30 in the final against Blake, but it was harder than the scoreline implies, and now I'm FINALLY number one in rankings :D (ended as second first season, was on normal)

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM
it surprised me that Wimbledon is not a tournament on TS3(i have the XBOX 360)

anyway - add me if u like, i'm DMG100.

Elwin.
Jun 29th, 2008, 08:41 PM
i love this game :worship:
I can manage to beat players at hard level.

just played with seles and defeated Henin 0-6/6-4/7-5 at RG :rocker:

schorsch
Jun 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
how do i add you peeps on my ps3 ?

xr6turbo
Jun 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM
just add in the main PS3 menu.. like add buddy

im xr6turbo

schorsch
Jun 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM
oh ok thx xr6turbo, but how do i choose them while gaming ? ? ? ? ? till now it was only random. i am adding you as we speak.

xr6turbo
Jun 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM
oh ok thx xr6turbo, but how do i choose them while gaming ? ? ? ? ? till now it was only random. i am adding you as we speak.
I'm not sure exactly.. i'll create a game if you want to join. :)

schorsch
Jun 29th, 2008, 09:57 PM
k lets try that cause its the first time i use online thingie.

schorsch
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
dont see ya in there -_- i am tennisjj

xr6turbo
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:08 PM
im there now... but people keep joining lol.

Aaron.
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I want this game soo bad :sad:

schorsch
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM

nniels
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Ugh, Seles is annoying, she has a 66 for speed but she manages to get to every ball (at least on very hard), it's not even normal :mad:

I did beat Kuznetsova with Sharapova, 4-6 6-4 6-2 or something like that, Sharapova is too slow :lol:

xr6turbo
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I'm awesome with Seles :lol:

Havok
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Won the AO during my first season as a pro with Dokic. I beat some noobs as well as Sharapova, Vaidisova and Wozniaki. I'm playing on normal and playing against the pros was quite a challenge (especially Maria, I beat her 4-3(7), 4-3(5)). Already ranked #1! :smoke:

Played one online game; Nadal def. Roddick (me) 6-2. The pace is different online and I never did get used to it during the match. Haven't played anpther online match since though.

Anyways if anyone wants to add me on PS3, my psn id is Pens :).

Aaron.
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I want to see a gameplay vid of women playing

if anyone saw the vids on youtube the person who was controlling the P1 sucked :tape:

nniels
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I'm awesome with Seles :lol:

Well if you're playing as her she ís awesome, she's annoying when you're playing against her

xr6turbo
Jun 29th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I want to see a gameplay vid of women playing

if anyone saw the vids on youtube the person who was controlling the P1 sucked :tape:
I wish i could record my screen atm.. Im having awesome rallys with Sharapova :lol: I'm playing as Seles.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 30th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Played a couple exos today on Very Hard just to test the waters. Seles (me) def. Kuznetsova 6-0. Then I chose Wozniacki and played against Seles and I won 1 game in 3 matches. :lol: Lots of the games went to like 23498394 deuces, but it was just really hard. I've learned it's all about matchups. There are definitely ways to keep it challenging. :D

V-MAC
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:22 AM
My current online rank with my Venus custom player is #65 while my male player is ranked like #396 :o

MakarovaFan
Jun 30th, 2008, 02:39 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/video/942891/6192773/on-the-spot--06-19-08
around the 16 min mark(vid of sania)
and......
http://www.gamespot.com/video/942891/6192535/start-select-13-06-08
around 19 min mark(dubs and lopez v seppi)
I have to say this game is really looking good and already has a few ups on the comp.
a.the players spot on and are acurrately modelled(down to their 5 outfits which they actually wore )
b.EVERY player has their own "signature"shots,serves,strokes,stances,grutns,reactons!!
c.Challenge system!!!
d.dubai sky court
e.the post point options(react hapy,negative,calm or??)
the gameplay also looks very realistic albeit a little slower at times(plus these guyss playing the game
suck at it as much as they know about it lol