PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Videogames Thread // EA Tennis Xbox360/PS3 version confirmed

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

tennisvideos
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:27 PM
The only thing they need to do to make the newer tennis games better is to improve the career mode. After playing WTA tour tennis (PAL) version i found i didnt even care about the graphics so much because the career mode was 10 years long had 50 or so tournaments. The rate at which skills were improved was much slower aswel..so yu couldn't beat all the best players after the 1st year like yu can in the other games.

Hi Bezz :wavey: I agree - and that was a big reason why I loved WTA Tennis (PAL) so much. I also didn't care about the graphics either - the thing I loved was the challenge of really slowly building your players skills as they progressed on the fantastic world tour! :)

tennisvideos
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM
27th June confirmed for Australia ...

http://www.xboxworld.com.au/news/top-spin-3-goes-gold.htm

V-MAC
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:13 PM
You're in Australia?

:banana: Anyway

:lol: no, but here in Europe it is released on the 20th also. Although what is this that I hear of a week's delay? I hope it is just a rumour

harloo
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Um excuse me....if a game has 20 pros but only 7 women,why cant we be upset.Yea it isnt a wta game,but it sure as hell isnt an ATP tour game either,so your point made NO sense(so by having an even number of women that would make it a WTA game?????).And fyi,the last topspin was split down the middle 12/12 and before that 8/8 so there is no excuse for a 13/7 ratio this time around.Hell women have worked hard and long to be even with the men in this sport,so why do they get twice as many characters

Makarova, what do you want at this point? Arguing about the roster is counter productive. Obviously, the designers of Topspin realizes that fans will still purchase the game with a less desirable roster. With the licensing these days it's impossible to sign the majority of players. They could have added more women in the game but they didn't. If that's going to prevent you from purchasing the game then so be it. I'm more interested in the game play, tour mode, and graphics. ;)

harloo
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:54 PM
:bounce::bounce:

Another Swing at Smash Court Tennis 3; GameZone Interviews Rio Nakata on the New Xbox 360 Edition
By Louis Bedigian (CasaDeJoey@aol.com)

“With Smash Court Tennis 3, our goal was to make the best non-fiction sports game possible, to give the feeling of a real tennis match to the players.”
Last year, Smash Court Tennis 3 was released for just one platform: PlayStation Portable. Its exclusive run ends this summer when the game (http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm#) finally leaps to Xbox (http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm#) 360, with new content and gameplay built specifically for Microsoft’s console (http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm#) from the ground up.

“We focused on the single-player mode for which the core of the gameplay is basically the same in both versions,” said Rio Nakata, Product Producer at Namco Bandai’s Japan offices. “However, for this new version we created more content, we improved the character model, used some new motion data. We also used new materials for the CG. All of this had to be created from scratch.”

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/31/9/67/s31967_360_2.jpg

The first version of Smash Court Tennis 3 arrived last year and appeared to be a PSP exclusive. Now it's coming to Xbox 360. Typically we see games do the opposite – first a console edition, then one for a handheld. Tell us about the challenges of developing a game this way.

Rio Nakata: This Xbox 360 version isn't a simple adaptation of the game. For this project, we had a few difficult issues while developing the game. Because of this, a lot of the game content had to be developed and programmed again from the very beginning.

On PSP, mini-games were one of the best features. Which of those, if any, will the 360 version have, and will it include any new mini-games?
RN: For this version, there are no new mini-games. However, we added new modes such as the Online Battle Mode and some downloadable features such as the footwear. Furthermore, the Original Player Edit Mode gives the player a lot more possibilities in editing his character. The Online Battle Pro Tour mode is also something that, I think, gamers (http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm#) will like.

Moving beyond the previous version, let's talk specifically about the game on Xbox 360. Doubles matches are being added to Xbox Live, and we'd like to know how that'll work. Can my teammate be local, online, or both?
RN: In Online Double Battle Mode, players can play up to two players with one Xbox 360. This means that with two Xbox 360s, four players can play in an online match at the same time.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/31/9/67/s31967_360_1.jpg
How are the swing mechanics being designed?

RN: With Smash Court Tennis 3, our goal was to make the best non-fiction sports game possible, to give the feeling of a real tennis match to the players. This is the reason why we implemented a power entry system. This also allows beginners to play with the Top Pro Super Play and enjoy it.

Smash Court Tennis is less of an arcade game than some of the other tennis games out there. But Smash Court Tennis 3 promises that players of all skill levels will benefit quickly from the "powerful shots and finely honed skills of the star players," as noted in the game's announcement. Does this mean that Smash Court Tennis 3 will be more of an arcade game?

RN: As Smash Court Tennis 3 is a "non-fiction sports game," it is basically designed to be a real simulator. However, through its gameplay and interface, this is still a game that gives the "fun feeling" that players expect from a video game (http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm#).
Practically, the improvement of the new shot system, the original player edit mode, and the pro tour allow the game to [go] beyond the frame of a normal simulation game and has a lot of fun to offer.

If it's not more of an arcade game (and will stick to its realistic roots), explain how the game is being balanced so that fans and newcomers alike will be satisfied.

RN: This is actually why we have completely changed the shot system. Up to now, it took a little time for the players to actually have fun with the game. With the new power entry system, beginner players can play the Super Play Mode and still have fun. At the same time we obtained a more realistic game by improving the physics related to the ball, the tennis players animation and the camera angles. Even though we have changed the power system, players will find the gameplay familiar and will find the feeling of the previous Smash Court Tennis releases still intact.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/31/9/67/s31967_360_3.jpg
What will the shot aiming system be like? Are shots angled with the left analog stick, as usual?

RN: As it has always been, players aim by using the left stick. The power and the accuracy of the shots depend of the timing on which you press and release the buttons. I think the variety of the shots available is one of the strengths of "Smash Court Tennis 3."
Thanks to its variety of shots and modulation such as the rising shot and the way the game system is designed, Smash Court Tennis 3 allows a lot of different tactics, and is close to what real tennis is. It also provides shot techniques and animations that look natural.

Smash Court Tennis 3 is set to include 16 different players. As far as the mechanics/gameplay is concerned, will there be any noticeable differences between them?

RN: Even though the controls are the same for all the tennis players, the new shot system allows us to display the style of each of the tennis players included in the game in a very precise way. Furthermore, with all the Top Pro parameters, all the style related specifics and details can be displayed.

"High Dynamic Range" is being hyped as one of the game's graphical features, allowing for superior realism. In more specific terms, how will this and other visual extras make the game more realistic (and hopefully more immersive)?

RN: For example, when looking at a bright spot, the screen becomes darker, when looking at a dark spot, the screen becomes brighter.
In other words, it's like a simulation of the way human pupils function. At the same time, we applied an effect which produces a bloom when an object is shining a lot. Thanks to this we have been able to reproduce the light and darkness on screen in a realistic way. Even though the light source in tennis generates shadows in real time, we avoided making shadows too dark or the reflections from the sun too bright.
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/images.gamezone.com/screens/31/9/67/s31967_360_5.jpg
Having unique court designs isn't as important to a tennis game as, say, track design is to a racing game. Having said that, the Pac-Man and other game-inspired courses on PSP were very cool. Will anything like that appear on Xbox 360?

RN: As you say, it's definitely different for racing games, as in tennis games the court is fixed.
Furthermore, the real-time light system was not included in the PSP (http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm#) version, and the Xbox 360 (http://xbox360.gamezone.com/news/06_13_08_10_36AM.htm#) offers a variety of courts that were not available in the PSP version. In order to stick to the environment of a real tennis match, Smash Court Tennis 3 offers a lot of different types of courts: clay, grass, artificial, and mixed.

Finally, once the Xbox 360 version is released, do you think other consoles or handhelds will be in Smash Court Tennis' future?

RN: Nothing is decided on this at the moment.

Thank you for your time.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:04 PM
:hearts: I'm luvin the graphics :hearts:. But, whats up with that huge tree stump in the upper left corner of the 3rd pic :lol::p

queperknuckle
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Both of these games need to make sure not to make the same mistake as VT3. In VT3, you don't have to create a custom player to play online, and most users are using the same players over and over again: hewitt, nadal, roddick, and monfils. This makes the game monotonous and quickly boring. They should have done what topspin 1 did, and require you to use a custom player to play a ranked match. Now, there is no insentive to win and the cool player creation feature is just going to waste. I'd much rather play against and see the players other people created. That would be so much more fun and interesting.

MakarovaFan
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Isn't her name Ekaterina Makarova, not Elena? :confused: :help:
What are you talking about??? I didnt see anything about a Makarova in my post that you quoted me on,lol

Havok
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:53 AM
the online play for Top Spin 3 sounds very exciting. I just hope it's free. Anyone know if it's free on PS3??
And i love that they are using the Tiger Woods player creation program. I can finally make my morbidly obese tennis player :hearts:

on Amazon.com the release date is listed as June 23.

Every single game made for the PS3 that has online capabilities is free. One of the major perks of owning a PS3 :drool:.

Havok
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:55 AM
What are you talking about??? I didnt see anything about a Makarova in my post that you quoted me on,lol
Check your sig, buddy.

MakarovaFan
Jun 15th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Check your sig, buddy.
Ohh lol how random,you should of just pmed me......but no it IS
Elena Makarova,the original russian(along with Eugenia Maniokova and Likhovsteva)
Elena reached career high no 44,2 tour finals,beat Venus,Arantxa Sanchez-V(on clay whenarantxa was no.2 and weeks before she won RG),umm Huber,Schnyder,Farina Elia and more

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 15th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Getting increasingly excited for both games. :drool:

Daniel K
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM
So is Smash Court not getting a release on PS3? That really sucks... i like the series more than Top Spin. Oh well can't wait to unlock Monica and beat down the other girls :drool:

Maryamator
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Any ideas when it will be out on Ps3 in dubai?

Adal
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Any ideas when it will be out on Ps3 in dubai?
You can phone your local gamestores and ask them ;)
Or just order from amazon

Cirstea
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I just hope the player creation panel is really detailed this time... I want to make a very accurate Sori! :)

Cannot wait for it! Any decent websites with good information about SCT3? Cannot believe it is about to be released, such a lack of information about this game :P

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I just played Smash Court 3 on my new PSP... and it's DELICIOUSLY GOOD :drool:

The controls are simple, loads of game modes... I love it to bits! And there's 3 of my faves inside - Justine, Ana and Maria :hearts:

This is a very good game and I recommend it for tennis fans lovers :)

By the way, anyone has played Virtua Tennis 3 from Sega? Is it better than Smash Court?

Pebbles
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
SCT2>Virtua Tennis 3 IMO, Vitua 3 is so arcade style and the controls are unrealistic, as is the gameplay. Such a shame seeing as how good VT & VT2 were

ilovethewilliams
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Too bad SCT3 wont come for the ps3. I have the game for the psp and it's really good but got really easy even on very hard. hope topspin3 will be more competitive

tennisvideos
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I just played Smash Court 3 on my new PSP... and it's DELICIOUSLY GOOD :drool:

The controls are simple, loads of game modes... I love it to bits! And there's 3 of my faves inside - Justine, Ana and Maria :hearts:

This is a very good game and I recommend it for tennis fans lovers :)

By the way, anyone has played Virtua Tennis 3 from Sega? Is it better than Smash Court?

I agree, I love SCT3 on the PSP and am really looking forward to the xbox 360 version.

As for VT3 - I can't stand it. I have never been a fan of the VT series but please remember this is just my personal opinion and I know a lot of people love VT series and it's arcade style. I am just not one for button mashing - give me a sim that requires timing any day.

Havok
Jun 15th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Virtua Tennis is 100% arcade style tennis. All depending on what type of tennis game you like, it can either be very fun or you won't like it at all.

Can't believe so many people here liked SCT3 for the PSP, i didn't really like it one bit :o. Was super dissapointed after what an amazing game they had dished out with SCT2 for the PS2.

Also I really don't understand your post blackout. Virtua Tennis 3 has more realism in it than VT1 and 2 had :shrug:. You can finally volley half decent in the game and the rest of the gameplay/controls are virtually an exact carbon copy of what they have been using for their entire Virtua Tennis series.

Havok
Jun 15th, 2008, 03:54 PM
On a side note, I finally have some days off from work these next couple of weeks so not only will I be able to enjoy Wimbledon live on the television, I will be able to play tons of Top Spin 3.:banana:

Pebbles
Jun 15th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Lucky Naldo! :p What i meant about VT3 is the fact that almost EVERY single shot is returned when playing anything above easy mode. Volleying is about the only way to finish off the point, either that or by somehow generating enough power. Thats what i cannot stand about it, just the whole gameplay. At least with VT2, it may have been arcade style, but the players made errors, sometimes they couldn't reach the ball. But anyway, it's just my opinion :D Hoping TS3 & SCT3 will be the best tennis games to date! :worship:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4I456_MKE&feature=related

bad realism on Maria's grunt

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Sharapova vs. Henin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jyEcY68T32s&feature=related

Sharapova vs. Vaidisova

Sharapova/Henin vs. Ancic/Philipossis
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xeVyMTLfGgE&feature=related

Blake vs. Kuznetsova + Others
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/top%2Bspin%2B3/video/x53zl9_top-spin-3-single-gameplay_videogames

Fired
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:33 PM
5 days to go :hearts:

starin
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Lucky Naldo! :p What i meant about VT3 is the fact that almost EVERY single shot is returned when playing anything above easy mode. Volleying is about the only way to finish off the point, either that or by somehow generating enough power. Thats what i cannot stand about it, just the whole gameplay. At least with VT2, it may have been arcade style, but the players made errors, sometimes they couldn't reach the ball. But anyway, it's just my opinion :D Hoping TS3 & SCT3 will be the best tennis games to date! :worship:

yeah it's kinda ridiculous. You can hit a smash right at the opponent and they return it like its nothing. And it's too easy to hit big winners. You don't have to do much. Same for the volleys.

bad realism on Maria's grunt

yeah she sounds like and old witch. But I love how much harder it looks to hit the ball hard. And you can mishit and stuff that awesome. I can't wait. And anyways I don't really care about the pro players i just like Career mode and playing my character online against other people. That's the best part. I can't wait for this shiz to come out. :bounce:

Natash.
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Who's getting it for the PS3 so there can be fun tournaments online? :) Or maybe even a tour of our own.

Havok
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:57 AM
I am, just waiting for the call from my local EB Games when their shipment comes in.
Top Spin was never known for its realistic grunts. Virtua Tennis has somewhat realistic grunts. The only tennis game that I remember that had 100% authentic grunts was the WTA Tour Tennis (Dokic cover) and it was literally the only thing that was good about the game.:o

Ryan
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:31 AM
Naldo, so is the Canadian release date for TS3 the 23rd like the states? I want this for my 360 so bad.

50Sense
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:51 AM
I am, just waiting for the call from my local EB Games when their shipment comes in.
Top Spin was never known for its realistic grunts. Virtua Tennis has somewhat realistic grunts. The only tennis game that I remember that had 100% authentic grunts was the WTA Tour Tennis (Dokic cover) and it was literally the only thing that was good about the game.:o

Yeah I remember that game quite well. Still play it from time to time. I could also appreciate that it was the first time I had played a tennis game that tried to mimic the pro's actual strokes.

tennisvideos
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Wow, the gameplay is going to be very complex indeed - very exciting for those who love the depth of gameplay options. Read this preview from: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=53008

Sports games are often considered one of the most mainstream game genres, and yet most truly deep sports titles are as difficult to master as even the most hardcore shooter, fighter or RPG. This is particularly true of 2K Sports' much-admired Top Spin series, which is for hardcore tennis fans what Madden is to ravening sports fans. The controls traditionally have a steep learning curve, but fans of the games would staunchly defend its realism, deep online play, and create-a-player options against the more accessible but arcadey action of a Virtua Tennis 3. If you enjoyed Top Spin 2, there's not much point in reading this preview; you're probably already buying Top Spin 3 regardless of what I say. Those of you who aren't hardcore tennis fans but may still be curious, perhaps after spending quality time with Virtua Tennis 3, read on.

If you've never played a Top Spin game before, then your first stop when you fire up the game needs to be the Top Spin School. This is a series of challenging tutorials that walk you both through the basic controls, and fairly advanced applications of those controls. The basic tutorial covers serving, returning and even volleys. It's not enough to successfully hit the ball (though that's where the tutorial starts). After introducing a mechanic, the game expects you to be able to serve, return or volley such that you hit a specific area of the court. This will seem impossible at first, since the game merely lets you know that you can hit the ball or serve by pressing and releasing the A, B or X buttons. What isn't made clear is that each of these buttons represents a different kind of swing. Later in the tutorial, it's explained that A is used for flat shots, X for slices, and B for lifts. In addition, you can drop shot or lob by using Y in combination with the left analog stick.

You can increase the power of any strike by holding down the button press longer before releasing, and you can further modify a strike by holding down and then releasing the left trigger along with your button of choice. You can further control your strike by putting pressure on the left analog stick in a given direction you'd like to "tilt" the strike, but you must press and release simultaneously with your striking button. If you hold down the left analog stick while releasing, the game will interpret the input as movement and will move your character. This is probably the only element of the basic controls that doesn't feel quite comfortable, although it's difficult to say that mapping strike alterations to the right analog stick would have worked better.

Regardless, once you master the difficult task of altering strikes with analog input, you'll find that you can control where your strikes send the ball with near-pinpoint accuracy. You can press down to slide a ball across the top of the net, which is how you create a drop shot with the Y button. Pressing up adds extra power and lift to a strike, creating a lob when used with the Y button. By matching strike alterations with the analog stick along with the three types of strikes controlled by button selection and use of the left trigger button, you can effectively have total control of the ball. This is not a level of precision targeting available in any other video tennis game I've ever played, but it also means that simply learning the basics of hitting the ball can take hours.

Learning the basic controls is only the first part of Top Spin 3's complex tutorial process. Once you complete that first course, there are five more through which a player must proceed. Baseline Lessons gives extra instruction about targeting, using different types of swings, and returning serves. Serving Lessons takes you through the complex serving rules and controls, which are slightly different from the returning controls and can be frustrating at points. In particular, the methods for serving at differing strengths are highly awkward and feel excessively complicated. If you can get through the challenging Serving Lessons, then Volley Lessons gives you practice in playing right at the net, while Special Strikes gives you info on advanced controls like using the right analog stick strike input instead of buttons, using the left and right triggers to create sharp shots and power shots, and using the left and right buttons to hustle around the court. Mixed Training puts all of these lessons together.

Once you've mastered Top Spin 3's daunting basics through the Top Spin School, then you have a lot of fun ways to apply your skills. You can play single Exhibition matches or one of 24 tournaments with up to four local players. You can also go on Xbox Live and play singles or doubles matches against other human opponents, although doubles requires two players locally at the same machine. Exhibition mode can also be played in singles or doubles style. In these modes, the statistics of the players you choose to use are going to influence the outcome of matches, along with your own application of skills. It is theoretically possible for any athlete to beat any other with a skillful player behind the controller, but running an athlete with a 67 total stat value successfully against a 75 athlete is going to be a challenge.

The athletes are going to be one of the main draws for fans of tennis, and represent a wide variety of current star competitors along with the addition of classic competitors like Boris Becker, Monica Seles and Bjorn Borg. 2K Sports has promised more athletes will be available in the future as downloadable content. There is a major controversy with the 360 version of the game that may be relevant to tennis fans: Superstar player Rafael Nadal is going to be exclusive to the PS3 version of the game, and PAM Development has stated that there are absolutely no plans to bring Nadal into the 360 version as DLC at this time. The game offers plenty of other fine names, but Nadal's absence from what is sure to be the top-selling U.S. version of the game is a bitter taste in the mouth of 360 owners. For now, we've identified athletes including Mario Ancic, Tomáš Berdych, James Blake, Roger Federer, Tommy Haas, Justine Henin, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Amélie Mauresmo, Gaël Monfils, Andy Murray, David Nalbandian, Mark Philippoussis, Andy Roddick, Maria Sharapova, Nicole Vaidisova and Caroline Wozniacki.

A Top Spin 3 player is not limited to just playing with the game's roster of star athletes. One of the most valued features in the game is the Create-a-Player mode, where players can create their own star athlete. Once created, you can send your player through Career mode, where you can unlock additional outfits for them and build up a win/loss record. Customization options are extremely robust, including ways to both customize and sculpt virtually every aspect of your athlete's facial appearance. Your body customization options are more limited, but a wide variety of hair and accessory options helps make up for this.

Use of graphics in Top Spin 3 deserves discussion because your athlete's detailed animations are more than just eye candy. The time it takes for an animation to complete is going to be a critical element of your in-game performance. Becoming proficient at playing Top Spin 3 demands having an intuitive grasp of how quickly the ball moves, how quickly your on-screen character can move, and the ability to predict how long you'll be "locked" into a particular animation associated with the type, strength and direction of strike you've chosen. The animations are pleasingly realistic to watch and distinct for certain athletes, but also represent the limitations of your athlete's movement. In-game athletes can no more turn on a dime than real athletes playing a real match can. This touch may seem subtle at first, but once you're playing matches, it will become a huge factor in determining your approach to gameplay, and is also a sign of the kind of depth and realism Top Spin 3 can offer that competing tennis games don't.

Of course, the game itself is beautiful. Aside from the tremendous detail that goes into the athletes' stances, costumes, and even how they hold their rackets, the different courts you play on and even the crowds in the stands are marvelously detailed. The weather effects don't just alter the gameplay, but are also gorgeous and authentic to look upon. A little less pleasing is the game's roster of EA-style licensed music, which frequently feels like little more than a barrage of wannabe Top 40 singles. None of the tracks that cued up during play felt especially memorable by themselves, and the licensed music certainly didn't enhance the play experience. The song that plays at the opening title screen is especially grating, almost off-putting, and 2K Sports would do well to rethink their approach to licensed music in future installments in the series.

Top Spin 3's commitment to realism and depth makes it a title that is not easy to learn how to play, but one that is rewarding once you've mastered the steep learning curve. The Top Spin School feature is a wonderful way to learn the game's physics, rules and controls, but it does demand patience. This is not a game for instant action junkies, but it is presenting something rare and wonderful instead: a game that feels both faithful to its source material and totally unique to play. Whether or not you enjoy Top Spin 3 is going to be a matter of personal taste, but the game as it stands seems to be near-flawlessly assembled and dripping with game modes for prospective players to enjoy. There's much to be said for a title that, even if it doesn't please everyone, is going to make its limited audience extremely happy.

Adal
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM
For those who are still doubting TS3 realism:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1904997383136157934&hl=en

Pebbles
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Great video! Thanks Adal :D

Fired
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Seles has a one handed forehand :tape:

Adal
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM
This is really weird :(
I saw her in one other TS3 video and she had two handed forehand :p
And director of the game said that female players could have the same style :hearts: But he didn't mention possibility of creating male players with two-handed both sides :o

Pebbles
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah she does have a 1 handed FH here :confused: Whats going on with Maria's service motion also?

Adal
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah she does have a 1 handed FH here :confused: Whats going on with Maria's service motion also?
Service motions are all messed up, except for a few :sad:
Same with the grunts :(

BartoliBabes
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM
omg seles using one hand? i mean, what is the point? if your gonna make a game, make it right. the problem with these tennis games are that the creators know nothing about the sport or it's players!

Pebbles
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah but i can get past the grunts, somehow i will. But when they can get all the males service motions right and not the females, that annoys me. Monica's looks most authentic.

tennisvideos
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:46 PM
There are some shots shown with Monica hitting double handed forehand (later in the video) although she is shown hitting more one handed forehands earlier.

Adal
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:59 PM
There are some shots shown with Monica hitting double handed forehand (later in the video) although she is shown hitting more one handed forehands earlier.
Really? When?
I didn't see her hitting two-handed forehands :(

Ryan
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Neither did I. That doesn't bother me too much though. Killer video, I love the player movements before/during/after hitting a shot, its very realistic. I wonder if the way to play is standing a bit behind the baseline to hit more powerful shots - in the video the two biggest "clips" had Roddick in the baseline hitting short puff balls that Nalby clobbered.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:44 PM

:sobbing:

Cakeisgood
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CUIrmifcAqQ

There is like 2 seconds of Sharapova vs Seles and Seles hits a double forehand.

Pebbles
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah it looks like she does! :D Maybe it all depends on the posistioning.

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
4 Days to go,

reserved my copy for wii already :)

Cant wait !

V-MAC
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I read a rather not-too-promising review of Topspin 3 in some Xbox magazine today. It only got 3 out of 5 stars fron the reviewer. He said that the game developers took the idea of it being a tennis sim far too seriously and as a result, the game is kind of "soulless". Also stated that the career mode isn't very cohesive :(

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:53 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CUIrmifcAqQ

There is like 2 seconds of Sharapova vs Seles and Seles hits a double forehand.
OMG, she grunts too. :drool: I can't wait to HA-AYYYY!!! them bitches. :banana:

Marcelo.
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM
:hearts:Can't wait

Havok
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Naldo, so is the Canadian release date for TS3 the 23rd like the states? I want this for my 360 so bad.
I believe so. That's what the local EBGames clerk told me when I had asked when it was coming out when I made my reservation. Release dates for USA and Canada usualy go hand in hand for the most part.

tennisvideos
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I read a rather not-too-promising review of Topspin 3 in some Xbox magazine today. It only got 3 out of 5 stars fron the reviewer. He said that the game developers took the idea of it being a tennis sim far too seriously and as a result, the game is kind of "soulless". Also stated that the career mode isn't very cohesive :(
I am glad someone has taken the idea of a tennis sim seriously - we already have our fun Mario Tennis and too many arcade versions as it is.
The career mode does sound a little unusual - in that you have to progress from playing in parks etc to various levels. But it could be intriguing ... personally, I would have loved a career mode similar to WTA Tennis (PAL) which was essentially a duplication of the WTA tour schedule. But you can't have everything.

Ryan
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:08 AM
I don't care TOO much about a crappy career mode as long as my players can progress and stuff and I don't die of boredom. Soulless? The dude probably had no patience for the game, but it sounds like it was MADE for us tennis fans.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Reserved mine at EB Games as well. :banana:

Havok
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Actually I just checked the EB Games Canadian website and they're receiving it a day later, so June 24th (Tuesday of next week). I'm off the 24th until the 26th :drool:, massive TS3 playing for me.

Ryan
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:32 AM
I wont bother reserving one, I can't imagine it flying off the shelves in Halifax. :lol:

PatrickRyan
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Is anyone else getting topspin 3 for wii?

TooBlack
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I wont bother reserving one, I can't imagine it flying off the shelves in Halifax. :lol:

i cant imagine it flying off the shelf right here in the metro either. i'll get it when i come back from wimbledon. would have prob read some reviews by then too.

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:00 AM
It comes out on the 20th here in the UK, and i will be rushing out to buy it :D Does anyone want me to do a little review and ya know, compare it to the other tennis games out there? :)

~{X}~
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:18 AM
That would be helpful Blackout :)

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:23 AM
It's out on the 27th of June here in Aus. :) I'll get it.

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I am glad to help :D I will be getting the 360 version ;)

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I am glad to help :D I will be getting the 360 version ;)
Im getting the PS3 version.

PS3 :hearts:

petey_pan
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Im getting the PS3 version.

PS3 :hearts:

I'm getting it delivered! We will have to have a game online man!

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I'm getting it delivered! We will have to have a game online man!
For sure :D

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I mean like X-Box Live :p

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:58 AM
How do i go about getting X-Box 360 online? :D

tennisvideos
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:24 AM
It comes out on the 20th here in the UK, and i will be rushing out to buy it :D Does anyone want me to do a little review and ya know, compare it to the other tennis games out there? :)

Hi Blackout, yes a little review would be good. I am also getting the 360 version but we don't get it in Aus until 27th.

:)

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I'm getting it for xbox360 on 25th ;)

aussie_fan
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:47 AM
i've heard the wii will be a watered down version, that really pisses me off. Sick of the wii getting treated like every game has to be suited for a bloody 5 year old.

Aaron.
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM
How do i go about getting X-Box 360 online? :D You need a internet connection to connect to the Xbox 360 marketplace and you can buy a xbox live for either 1 month(7.99),3 months (19.99) or, 12 months (59.99)

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks Aaron :D And yeah sure, will be my pleasure to do the review ;)

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:14 PM
PS3 online gaming is free. http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons/smilies/HappyDance2.gif

tennisvideos
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:24 PM
PS3 online gaming is free. http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons/smilies/HappyDance2.gif

Lucky you AND you get Nadal as well. :)

But those with xbox 360 don't fare too badly as we are lucky to also get SCT3 to play.

Those with both get the best of both worlds :)

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Lucky you AND you get Nadal as well. :)

But those with xbox 360 don't fare too badly as we are lucky to also get SCT3 to play.

Those with both get the best of both worlds :)
Thats true.. I wish they would release SCT3 on PS3. Especially since SCT2 is on PS2 :lol: :o

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
SCT3 is not out on PS3?

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
SCT3 is not out on PS3?
There are no plans to release it on PS3 at this stage i don't think.

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
PS3 live won't have the same as XBOX360 live option in TS3.
PS3 won't have world tour.

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM
PS3 live won't have the same as XBOX360 live option in TS3.
PS3 won't have world tour.
Really? Where did you read that?

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Really? Where did you read that?
On the official website.
http://2ksports.com/games/topspin3

Allegretto
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
On the official website.
It says nothing of the sort. The games will be identical, save for the exclusive characters.

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM
It says nothing of the sort. The games will be identical, save for the exclusive characters.
It says there will be world tour mode in xbox live, but not in PS3 ;)

Russianboy
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
no smash court tennis 3 on ps3??

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM
It says there will be world tour mode in xbox live, but not in PS3 ;)
Maybe they will make it a downloadable extra for the PS3 :lol:

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM
no smash court tennis 3 on ps3??
not at this stage.

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Maybe they will make it a downloadable extra for the PS3 :lol:
Perhaps.
But even downloadable stuff wasn't mentioned on PS3, only on xbox360.

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Perhaps.
But even downloadable stuff wasn't mentioned on PS3, only on xbox360.
Who knows... :lol:

harloo
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:57 PM

It's free? I didn't know this at all. Would you like to meet up sometime?:lol:

harloo
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:58 PM

So the PS3 version doesn't get Borg or the other legends included in the game? That kind of sucks.

xr6turbo
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:36 PM
So the PS3 version doesn't get Borg or the other legends included in the game? That kind of sucks.
I don't think anyone knows anything for certain until its released :o

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Legends are available on both PS3 and Xbox360

The only differences are:
World tour online mode on xbox360
Nadal on ps3 version

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:42 PM
For those who interested,
Gamespot SCT3 hands-on:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/smashcourttennis3/news.html?sid=6192581

V-MAC
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Wow seems if you are a tennis game fan, the PS3 is not the console to get as I recall their VT3 doesn't even have an online option :o

Anyway, I will also be getting the game on Friday morning and will give my take on it shortly afterwards. I'm living on a tight budget this week to make sure I can afford it :lol: Also, has any one joined the ITST?(www.intertopspintour.net) I just signed up for the warm-up tournament. Looks like it could be fun.

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:44 PM

yes :wavey:

Havok
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't have either but when I went in to trade some games I don't play anymore, it happened to be on a sale week-end and I was able to trade in 3 games of $8 or more and reserve myself a new game or a soon to be released game. I opted for Top Spin 3, naturally since all the good PS3 games that were out and I wanted I simply had already.:lol:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I realize in Smash Court Tennis 3, you can do an underserve... :lol:

Havok
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM
On the official website.
That's not the official site for the Top Spin 3 game. As you can see, once you click on the link to the left right under the "Nintendo DS" there is also an "Official Website" tab which brings you to the official website of the game: http://www.topspin3thegame.com/

The interviews I've seen in which they always talk about their unique online ranking system (which gets reset every 2 weeks), they never say anything about it being a 360 exclusive. The PS3 can handle it so I don't know why they won't make it available for both systems as well. The Wii, on the other hand :tape:.

Ryan
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Ok, so i think the site is pretty sweet with all the updates added. One question: which system will the legends be available for? I just hope Seles/Borg are available for the 360 - and Nadal is ONLY PS3, right? Thanks.

ilovethewilliams
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:26 PM
On the official website.

That's bullshit.. I've been waiting for this game for months now with my PS3/Wii building up dust and now the game is 1 week away and I hear no real online play with world ranking. I refuse to buy a disposable xbox 360 and pay for online play.

Ivan.
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Wow seems if you are a tennis game fan, the PS3 is not the console to get as I recall their VT3 doesn't even have an online option :o

Anyway, I will also be getting the game on Friday morning and will give my take on it shortly afterwards. I'm living on a tight budget this week to make sure I can afford it :lol: Also, has any one joined the ITST?(www.intertopspintour.net) I just signed up for the warm-up tournament. Looks like it could be fun.

Yep . I'm member since june 2005 . I played 2 years every week TS1 and it was so funny . My nick there is Euro_Boy_Bulgaria . Everybody have to register in ITST ;) .

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:38 PM
More bad news, you can only make three create-a-players (see the third paragraph from the bottom).
http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=42

Havok
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Ok, so i think the site is pretty sweet with all the updates added. One question: which system will the legends be available for? I just hope Seles/Borg are available for the 360 - and Nadal is ONLY PS3, right? Thanks.

Legends are available on I believe all next gen systems (360, PS3, Wii) and Nadal is an exclusive PS3 character.

Thanks for the heads up Ms Tracy Austin. Only being limited to 3 creat-a-player sucks big time. Especially since nex gen systems have moved to saving on the harddrive like a cpu instead of saving on a memory card, or like Nintendo used to do, on the game cartridge. Oh well, all 3 of them will go to creating some WTA ladies so the roster isn't as unbalanced.

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:43 PM
You’re welcome Naldo, nice to see you are well. The first two games allowed you to make as many characters as you had space for on your hard drive. To be quite honest, the create-a-player mode was the only reason I was going to get this game. I was going to make Pierce, Venus, Serena, Davenport, Ivanovic, Navratilova, Novotna, Evert, Austin, Goolagong, King, Wade, Tsonga, Nadal, Connors, McEnroe, Lendl, Edberg, Wilander, Noah, Sampras, Agassi, Muster and Vilas. How and the heck can I break that roster down to just three??? LOL. :sad:

Indytennis
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:44 PM

I am!! Cant wait.

I am sure it has been covered but couldnt find anywhere...Will the Wii have an online version? It doesnt say on the official website for the game.

V-MAC
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
What is this I hear that some people who ordered the game online will be receiving it as early as tomorrow?!! :eek: I thought I was the one getting it early on Friday morning :o

Adal
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:04 PM
What is this I hear that some people who ordered the game online will be receiving it as early as tomorrow?!! :eek: I thought I was the one getting it early on Friday morning :o
There are some lucky people like that from Europe :p
I won't get it earlier than on next wednesday

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I'm getting mine next Tuesday, a week from today. Too long! :tears:

Avid Merrion
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:07 PM

hehe, it's true. usually when you preorder on Game, you get it on the Thursday if the release date is Friday. i'll be thinking of you when i'm playing it on Thursday :p :lol:

Mommiej
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I also have my copy of TS3 on the WII tomorrow.

Pebbles
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I cannot wait any longer! :D

silverwhite
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:39 AM
I just bought the PC version of Top Spin 2 and it's horribly difficult to play with the mouse. :help:

starin
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Legends are available on both PS3 and Xbox360

The only differences are:
World tour online mode on xbox360
Nadal on ps3 version

:o:o
So I get Nadal instead of a World Tour Online. What a horrible trade off. I could easily do w/out Nadal's useless retrieving and annoying fist pumps.

And you can only make 3 characters..weak. ohh well. Nothing is ever perfect. At least you can still play matches online. And I guess they took world tour out for PS3 cuz they are b*tches and they know PS3 is free online play. Maybe they'll offer it as an add on later on that you can pay to download from PS3 store.

Lilowannabe
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I'm getting mine next Tuesday, a week from today. Too long! :tears: Me too!!! Ive been looking foward to getting this game for months, and couldnt wait to go and get friday morning. But im not paid til tuesday, so i quess il have to wait til then!!!:sad: Please, those who have the game before then gives all a brief review on how the game is playing.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:48 AM
People that are getting it today, post your impressions :yeah:

Just 2 days :drool: :bounce: :woohoo:

TooBlack
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'm glad all of you are getting it early - that way, by the time I get it on July 2, I would have seen all of the reviews and know what's really up.

Brett.
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:16 AM
In Australia, it already OUT! :yeah:

Aaron.
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM
:sobbing:

tennisvideos
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Where??? :eek:

xr6turbo
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM
WHERE?!

V-MAC
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I wanna play it right now :mad: :(

tennisvideos
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I know it is out in shops in England right now. I just spoke with the following place and it's out 2 days early!

http://www.shopto.net/

Avid Merrion
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM
got an email this morning to say my copy of TS3 will be delivered tomorrow! :D

Adal
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Some people already have the game :bounce:

tennisvideos
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Damn. Can someone in UK or Europe buy this and courier it to Australia for me. I will pay via paypal or direct transfer.

Pebbles
Jun 18th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Still 2 days to go and counting :D And adrygf, i will post a mini review in here on Friday when i get it :p

Havok
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Lucky bums who either already have it today, or are getting it tomorrow.

The only think I really want to know is whether the being restricted to creating 3 players is true and if there really is no World Tour mode on the PS3 version. The rest I think I can wait it out for 5 more days.:p

V-MAC
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Lots of people already have the game over at the official xbox forums. From reading a few of their comments though, it seems that they aren't overly impressed. Crowd noise is really poor apparantly. I can overlook that though if the actual gameplay is top notch. Roll on Friday :bounce:

Natash.
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah all I want to know is about the PS3 not featuring a World Tour mode. :lol:

xr6turbo
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:53 PM
"Well here's my 2 cents worth. Been playing it since i got it this morning, I've only been doin the School tutorial thing to get the hang of it. I would recommend doing this to learn the controls, also u get an achievement for completing them all. I must say it's a really good game, once you master all the controls and different shot types etc it plays really well. Someone mentioned the analog stick serve, yes u can change the power of the serve by pressing harder when moving the stick upwards. I've found myself using this more than the normal buttons.

It's certainly alot harder than VT3 as this is a simulation whereas VT3 was arcade."

some persons quick review on the xbox forums.

Natash.
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Can anyone send me the link to the xbox forums? :)

ilovethewilliams
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I don't give a rats ass about the xbox version as I have the ps3. Only 6 more days until it's released. I got my game informer magazine yesterday and there is a huge add in the magazine about the game so I guess they at least putting some money in promoting it..

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Can anyone send me the link to the xbox forums? :)

http://forums.xbox.com/20922970/ShowPost.aspx

Natash.
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM
http://forums.xbox.com/20922970/ShowPost.aspx

Thanks. :) :D

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'm really glad to hear people talking about how the controls are hard to master and the gameplay improves once you actually get the hang of it. This means it actually takes some skill to be good. I'm so excited for this... and unless I absolutely can't figure the controls out for the life of me (which I highly doubt will be the case), I'm definitely gonna try to learn it without the tutorial mode.

nniels
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Anyone know how long a career takes in TS3? It was only 5 seasons in TS :(

V-MAC
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I hear the career mode is open-ended so you can play forever if you wish :eek:

Pebbles
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:26 PM
New videos :) http://video.xboxlife.dk/uservideos/1/Top-Spin-3-Player-creator.html

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:33 PM
There's so much more material being released for TS3 than SC3. :o I wonder why that is.

Pebbles
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I guess that makes SMT3 even more intriguing, and more exciting to see what it will be like :D

V-MAC
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Just heard Sharapova's grunt from the game :o It sounds nothing like her. Surely that would have been easy to get right.

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Still 2 days to go and counting :D And adrygf, i will post a mini review in here on Friday when i get it :p

;) Here in Spain it has been delayed today from 20 to 27 :mad: :sobbing:

Havok
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:25 PM
New videos :) http://video.xboxlife.dk/uservideos/1/Top-Spin-3-Player-creator.html
Thanks for the new vids. Loving the soundtrack. One reviewer website bashed the soundtrack, but I find it very fitting.:)

tennisvideos
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM
For those in Europe who have already started playing the game - do you have any early comments on the game?

I ring our stores every day in Australia and it seems like sometime next week it is released here.

V-MAC
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM
How infuriating :mad: The game shops here have it in stock now and even have the game out on the shelves but they aren't allowed to actually sell it until tomorrow :(

tennisvideos
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM
How infuriating :mad: The game shops here have it in stock now and even have the game out on the shelves but they aren't allowed to actually sell it until tomorrow :(

Where are you V-MAC?

V-MAC
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Ireland. We get music releases before every one else but not games unfortunately. They did have it set up as a demo in the of the shops I called into but some kids were playing it and I couldn't be bothered waiting. I was surprised as to how chubby Federer looked though :lol:

tennisvideos
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Ireland. We get music releases before every one else but not games unfortunately. They did have it set up as a demo in the of the shops I called into but some kids were playing it and I couldn't be bothered waiting. I was surprised as to how chubby Federer looked though :lol:

Well you are lucky you can get it tomorrow. :) LOL about chubby Federer!

We have to wait until some time next week - keep getting told Friday 27th but I know most new games are available a day or two before the release date so I hope it's sooner. It's frustrating knowing others are playing and you have to wait. Let me know your early thoughts when you try it out. :wavey:

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Someone on Gamespot who has the game says Seles has a one handed forehand. Please, someone here confirm thist, I'd feel better hearing it from someone I know. If true, I really may pass on this. The negatives have really began to outweigh the positives, so I guess I'll just rent it when available.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/topspin3/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-43757782&pid=942070

Fired
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:20 PM
;) Here in Spain it has been delayed today from 20 to 27 :mad: :sobbing:Spain is different as always :shout:

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Tracy, i am just about to go into town and have a look for the game :) As soon as i get it i will confirm the Seles question ;)

Havok
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Please confirm the Worl Tour mode as well if its available for the PS3.

I can live with a one handed forehand from Seles, even though that isn't realistic at all.:o

V-MAC
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Sadly, I think Seles has been given a one-handed forehand in the game as I also saw this being mentioned elsewhere. It is most likely true too if Sharapova's grunt is any thing to go by( such an easy thing to get right, why did they have to be lazy and put a generic "we don't care" grunt on her) :(

And yes I will post my thoughts once I get hold of the game tomorrow morning ;)

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I will be buying the X-Box 360 version, but will the PS3 case have the World Tour details on the back? :)

Erika_Angel
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I'm pretty sure Seles has a two handed forehand, I've seen it in videos. The dude who made the game mentioned that you can create a female player with two handed forehands specifically for people wanting to be like Seles. The reason the guy prob thinks she has one handed is because he just got the game and his player likely isn't hitting the ball in the perfect position thus lunging and hitting one handed.
Naldo I read that Playstation doesn't have world tour mode (it's the online mode different from career mode) when you get it, that it will be introduced as a patch later (whatever that means). You can still play online I believe. But now I've read people saying world tour is an option so :shrug: who the hell knows?

TooBlack
Jun 19th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I wonder if anybody in the US has it. I think I know a couple of spots that's always putting stuff out early.

Malin
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:25 PM
are these games going to be available for Wii?

xr6turbo
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM
are these games going to be available for Wii?
TS3 will be. But it uses a different graphics engine. It's similar to topspin2 graphics, but with a slightly more cartoon approach.

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:29 PM
TS3 will :)

DokicForever
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:00 PM
OMG i am so excited for this game!!

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Me too! I am going to create Dokic, Harkleroad & Dementieva. Shame we can only make 3 :sad:

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Me too! I am going to create Dokic, Harkleroad & Dementieva. Shame we can only make 3 :sad:

A pal of mine in London has it, in a message he said you can create 4 players maximum.

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Well 4 is better than 3 i guess :D Did he say where he got it from?

DokicForever
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM

definately Dokic!!!:bounce:

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I wonder how deep this career mode is going to be. In TS2 you began at 250. It would be good if in TS3 you began unranked and if the ranking system was a little more realistic :D

V-MAC
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:15 PM
nope you also begin at 250 but this time you start off as a junior (I think that is where you start)and work your way up.

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Oh so you play Junior Events then become a pro after however many years of play? :)

Ryan
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I cant wait, hopefully its out right away tuesday. :cool: I'll probably make a Djokovic, Hingis, Ivanovic and Nadal/Dancevic.

Jogi
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
got the game today, my first impressions after 1 hour of playing:
you cannot create a 2-handed fh
you can create more than 3 players
player creating is 1000 times better than in VT3, also more options than in TS2 (like tatoos, make-up...)
game lacks charme, at least the menu display and everything seems quite sterile just like in TS2, although I like the music
have to get used to the gameplay but it's fun, at least a game where you are actually challenged from the beginning, though it looks as though you are about to miss nearly every shot, looks weird
the graphics don't differ much from TS2 IMO
so much for my first impressions

BartoliBabes
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:18 PM
you can create more than 3 players
player creating is 1000 times better than in VT3, also more options than in TS2 (like tatoos, make-up...)
game lacks charme, at least the menu display and everything seems quite sterile just like in TS2, although I like the music
have to get used to the gameplay but it's fun, at least a game where you are actually challenged from the beginning, though it looks as though you are about to miss nearly every shot, looks weird
the graphics don't differ much from TS2 IMO
so much for my first impressions

does seles play with 2hands??:confused:

Ryan
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:21 PM
First impressions sound good to me - I'll still play Seles a bit even if she does have a single-handed forehand. Creating more than 3 players is a bonus IMO. Player creation sounds great, graphics in TS2 were great but the animation style wasn't my favorite.

Havok
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Few, you can create more than 3 players. That's what I like to hear. If it were only 3, I would have been pulling my hair trying to narrow down who I'd want to create to only 3 players.:help:

I'm enjoying the fact that everyone is saying that the learning curve is steep, which makes for a great sports game and also a very challenging one as well! Sucks that World Tour Mode for the PS3 isn't going to come with the game right out of the box, but I can live with a patch being integrated later on. I can't wait o see what type of downloadable things they are going to offer us in the near future. My guess is that we will likely see some dlc during the USO, so they can market it properly when tennis is on a high again.:p

Oh and for all of us lucky Canadians who live in the Quebec region, I've just come to realise that Tuesday, June 24th (the release date for TS3) is also our St-Jean Baptiste holiday so stores will be closed.:o

Havok
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Oh and for you Smash Court 3 people, here's a link to a gamespot video in which they are featuring different games. They feature SCT3 at the end, so just skip to the good stuff.;)

http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6192535/videoplayerpop?

Andreas
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Does it means, the players you created are in the World Tour/Career mode?
:)

faboozadoo15
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:42 PM
TS3 will be. But it uses a different graphics engine. It's similar to topspin2 graphics, but with a slightly more cartoon approach.

Thanks. I wonder if this is good or bad :scared:

PatrickRyan
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Since my Xbox had a hardware problem and broke, and Microsoft wants me to spend $100 to fix it, I guess I will have to use my sister's Wii to play it.

faboozadoo15
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Has anyone heard a Wii review?

Havok
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I haven't read/seen a Wii review/preview yet, however I've seen a video of the Wii version. Sadly it looks god awful. It's an extremely watered down version of the PS3/360 version. No legends in the Wii version, graphics crappier that Top Spin 2 with a dash of cartoonism in it as well. The career mode apparently lasts a whole 10 tournaments. Who knows if you will be able to create players with such detail as you can on the PS3/360. Something tells me that you won't though.:o

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:33 PM

The official guy said in an article that you can create a two handed forehand, but for female players only. Not surprising if you are correct though, since Seles has a one handed forehand. How can you sign and pay the woman (Seles) to be in the game, digitize her image; but get her strokes wrong? Like I have said before, the people making these games are not tennis fans, it's like me making a hockey game... lol.
Link to article (question 9),
http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176084

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:53 PM
These downloadable players, how will we get them? :confused:

harloo
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Has anyone heard a Wii review?

I would wait for a minute if I had to get the Wii version. If the game Wii version doesn't receive good reviews it goes down drastically.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Oh and for all of us lucky Canadians who live in the Quebec region, I've just come to realise that Tuesday, June 24th (the release date for TS3) is also our St-Jean Baptiste holiday so stores will be closed.:o
Fucccckkkk. I'm so going to my EB Games on the 23rd and asking them to hook me up a day in advance. I know they'll say no, but I'm trying.

BLAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Any fans looking for a more detailed description of the game and to ask other players questions regarding the game etc, you should join this forum :)

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Ryan
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Glad I dont live in Quebec so I can hopefully get it the 24th haha.

Havok
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Fucccckkkk. I'm so going to my EB Games on the 23rd and asking them to hook me up a day in advance. I know they'll say no, but I'm trying.

BLAAAAAAAHHHHHH
Tell me about it!. When I realized it, I was like UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (Napoleon Dynamite).

Pebbles
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Getting tomorrow hopefully! I am so excited :D Will post a short review when i have played it for a couple of hours. I am getting X-Box 360 version, any questions you want me to answer, just post them here :) Night everyone :wavey:

V-MAC
Jun 19th, 2008, 11:51 PM
woohoo 8 hours to go until I finally get my hands on this game (yes I'm sad I know :lol: )

Ryan
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Getting tomorrow hopefully! I am so excited :D Will post a short review when i have played it for a couple of hours. I am getting X-Box 360 version, any questions you want me to answer, just post them here :) Night everyone :wavey:

I'll ask mine NOW before I forget them haha, thanks a lot for answering some (I wont ask a ton) and just get to them whenever you can tomorrow no rush.

- How many players can you create? (some dispute here and on other boards) Also if its only 3/4, is that 4 male and 4 female characters or only 3/4 between the two?

- How good/bad are the pro players? (like how realistic are they or basically just who you like to play as/think is cool).

- Biggest peev/thing you don't like. :p

Thanks in advance!

Havok
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:12 AM
I'll ask mine NOW before I forget them haha, thanks a lot for answering some (I wont ask a ton) and just get to them whenever you can tomorrow no rush.

- How many players can you create? (some dispute here and on other boards) Also if its only 3/4, is that 4 male and 4 female characters or only 3/4 between the two?

- How good/bad are the pro players? (like how realistic are they or basically just who you like to play as/think is cool).

- Biggest peev/thing you don't like. :p

Thanks in advance!
To add to what Ryan already asked.

- Which sponsors are available in the game (clothes, racquets, shoes)

- Does Seles really hit her forehand with one hand?:tape:

- Is there a Kournikova style hair when creating a female character; I need to create her badly

- Do your previously created players appear as opponents when you are playing Tour Mode with another of your created players? That would seriously OWN.

Those are really the only pressing answers I want. The rest I can wait until our release date here in a few mor days. Thanks so much!

dynamoRockstarr
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:52 AM
this is probably kind of late 2 ask since sum ppl have gotten the game. but like on VT3 u could play an exhibition match with ur created players, has TS3 made that available? can anyone answer this.

i've always wanted 2 play using a created player against another n a singles match 4 top spin. but probably more than likely itz not possible.

faboozadoo15
Jun 20th, 2008, 05:24 AM

My first qustion is how are you geting it tomorrow?

Enjoy!

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:04 AM
To add to what Ryan already asked.

- Which sponsors are available in the game (clothes, racquets, shoes)

- Does Seles really hit her forehand with one hand?:tape:

- Is there a Kournikova style hair when creating a female character; I need to create her badly

- Do your previously created players appear as opponents when you are playing Tour Mode with another of your created players? That would seriously OWN.

Those are really the only pressing answers I want. The rest I can wait until our release date here in a few mor days. Thanks so much!
:wavey: You mean like a long plait with visor for Kournikova right? :) Everyone else, your questions will be answered too! :D I will be getting the game around 2pm GMT. Thats about 7 hours away :bounce:

Brett.
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:27 AM
:wavey: You mean like a long plait with visor for Kournikova right? :) Everyone else, your questions will be answered too! :D I will be getting the game around 2pm GMT. Thats about 7 hours away :bounce:

:sobbing: I want to hear your answers right now! :sobbing: :p

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
OK everyone, had the game for a couple of hours now and have been playing it for a bit.

Firstly, i want to tell you all about the new controls system. It is pretty unforgiving and needs time to be learnt, it can be very frustrating if you don't know it.

Career mode, as i can see so far has 4 slots for players. The create a player is quite deep and yes, Naldo, there are some Anna style haircuts, some very strange ones too! :p You change just about everything you can for the player and it is much quicker than TS2. Once you have created the player, you save them and it takes you to the main game menu, then you go to Career.

It starts as a sort of challenge and you must beat 3 fellow amateurs in tiebreaks. Then, you move into a round robin tournament. I am guessing the coaching etc opens up after these challenges are completed. There is a mall with lots of apparel, but to unlock the rackets, clothes etc, you need points. Babolat, Dunlop, Wilson, Prince, Yonex are the racket sponsors, they are all very recent racket models. Clothing is very recent too, with threads from Yonex, Adidas, Nike and many others.

Seles DOESN'T have a 2 handed backhand unfortunately, however, it is possible to make a 2 handed forehand when making women in career mode. The pro's are all pretty much as realistic as they can be, and are scored overall out of 100. Points going to FH, BH, Return, Power, Speed etc.

The biggest thing annoying me right now is the controls, they are so hard! :p But once i get used to them, i have many good feelings about this game. Lots of courts and lots of official sponsors, rackets and clothing :D

Havok
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to get the game.:banana:

Sucks that there are only 4 slots for created players, but it's better than 3 I guess.:lol:

tennisvideos
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:12 PM
OK everyone, had the game for a couple of hours now and have been playing it for a bit.

Firstly, i want to tell you all about the new controls system. It is pretty unforgiving and needs time to be learnt, it can be very frustrating if you don't know it.

Career mode, as i can see so far has 4 slots for players. The create a player is quite deep and yes, Naldo, there are some Anna style haircuts, some very strange ones too! :p You change just about everything you can for the player and it is much quicker than TS2. Once you have created the player, you save them and it takes you to the main game menu, then you go to Career.

It starts as a sort of challenge and you must beat 3 fellow amateurs in tiebreaks. Then, you move into a round robin tournament. I am guessing the coaching etc opens up after these challenges are completed. There is a mall with lots of apparel, but to unlock the rackets, clothes etc, you need points. Babolat, Dunlop, Wilson, Prince, Yonex are the racket sponsors, they are all very recent racket models. Clothing is very recent too, with threads from Yonex, Adidas, Nike and many others.

Seles DOESN'T have a 2 handed backhand unfortunately, however, it is possible to make a 2 handed forehand when making women in career mode. The pro's are all pretty much as realistic as they can be, and are scored overall out of 100. Points going to FH, BH, Return, Power, Speed etc.

The biggest thing annoying me right now is the controls, they are so hard! :p But once i get used to them, i have many good feelings about this game. Lots of courts and lots of official sponsors, rackets and clothing :D

Thanks for that report Blackout. I am looking forward to this challenging game. Shame about Seles not having a 2 handed forehand, esp as you can create a female player with one! How bizarre! :eek:

Who knows, maybe I might create my own Monica for the world tour, along with Serena, Evert & Durr. :)

Natash.
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Is it already out in the US? :)

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Welcome guys :) I don't know, maybe the 4 slots scroll down when they are filled and each section has 4 players slots? :p But yeah some really neat stuff going on here, the rackets and outfits are VERY up-to-date, and the pro's all look very realistic. Seles' grunt is actually more realistic than i thought it would be :D

Daniel K
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the report :D Can't believe Seles doesn't have a two-handed forehand yet u can create players with it, that's fucked. Anyway I'm getting it on Wednesday. Excitement.

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Is it already out in the US? :)No, i don't think it is :cool: I am in UK, it came out today, and i picked it up for £34.99, around 70 US Dollars.

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Each pro has 3 costumes by the way :D

tennisvideos
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the report :D Can't believe Seles doesn't have a two-handed forehand yet u can create players with it, that's fucked. Anyway I'm getting it on Wednesday. Excitement.

Hi Shuaitina Pengis - Wherea are you getting it from on Wed? I keep getting told it's next Friday 27th in Australia.

V-MAC
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I must admit I am pleasantly surprised with this game. Been playing it for the last 3/4hours and it rocks :bounce: I played an exhibition first using Ancic and Federer and I won just a single point out of two 3 game sets :lol: I couldn't time the ball at all as I am so used to just pressing A early in Virtua Tennis and not having to worry about timing. Timing is everything here but thats good as it makes it more challenging. In fact, I have got used to the controls now and I'm already after reaching Junior level in career mode ;)

BEST BITS:
Lush graphics - the courts look amazing and the the player animations are top notch. Great little details in between points where a player tugs at their top or wipes their face, etc... just adds to the realism.
Complex controls - this is a good thing by the way. There is nothing more satisfying than pulling off a sweet dropshot with a touch of the right analogue stick.
Player variety - Nice range of the fictional players who all seem to look and play differantly from each other.
Create-a-character - great level of depth to this where you have a lot of choice.
I can't comment on online play yet as I haven't tried it out but I expect it to be great.

BAD BITS:
Cheesy music with limited soundtrack - I swear if I hear that Calvin Harris tune one more time I might smash the xbox against the wall :o
Leaving out some obvious player details - Sharapova's lame in-game grunt which sounds nothing like her and Monica lacking her two-handed forehand :o Also player models could have been made a little more life-like I feel.
Sound - To be honest the sound isn't as bad as I was expecting. It isn't great but it just about passes. The crowd don't sound natural at all and you can get that "tinny" sound when you hit the ball of the racquet.

Overall though, I am highly impressed with this game so far :) I can't wait to build up my character and take him online :armed:

HAOCHEN-GOAT
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Thanks!!! Shame Seles doesnt have a DH FH :( But PHEW you canc reate a female with that, I didnt expect it really!!! :D :woohoo:

Can u make a chinese in the creator? :p I want to make Zi or Shuai :bounce: :hearts: And Na of course :drool:

tennisvideos
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I must admit I am pleasantly surprised with this game. Been playing it for the last 3/4hours and it rocks :bounce: I played an exhibition first using Ancic and Federer and I won just a single point out of two 3 game sets :lol: I couldn't time the ball at all as I am so used to just pressing A early in Virtua Tennis and not having to worry about timing. Timing is everything here but thats good as it makes it more challenging. In fact, I have got used to the controls now and I'm already after reaching Junior level in career mode ;)

BEST BITS:
Lush graphics - the courts look amazing and the the player animations are top notch. Great little details in between points where a player tugs at their top or wipes their face, etc... just adds to the realism.
Complex controls - this is a good thing by the way. There is nothing more satisfying than pulling off a sweet dropshot with a touch of the right analogue stick.
Player variety - Nice range of the fictional players who all seem to look and play differantly from each other.
Create-a-character - great level of depth to this where you have a lot of choice.
I can't comment on online play yet as I haven't tried it out but I expect it to be great.

BAD BITS:
Cheesy music with limited soundtrack - I swear if I hear that Calvin Harris tune one more time I might smash the xbox against the wall :o
Leaving out some obvious player details - Sharapova's lame in-game grunt which sounds nothing like her and Monica lacking her two-handed forehand :o Also player models could have been made a little more life-like I feel.
Sound - To be honest the sound isn't as bad as I was expecting. It isn't great but it just about passes. The crowd don't sound natural at all and you can get that "tinny" sound when you hit the ball of the racquet.

Overall though, I am highly impressed with this game so far :) I can't wait to build up my character and take him online :armed:

Thanks V-Mac. So you can do a drop shot without too much difficulty? I love doing drop shots and lobs and the drop shot has traditionally been a tough one to execute in the many games (if at all).

V-MAC
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
yeah the drop shot is my favourite shot to pull off too. There's actually two ways you can create them in this game but I was able to execute some lovely ones with my far-from-developed player :lol:

Adal
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Someone's spotted that there might be 8 legends in the game.
TS3 booklet (took it from some other forum):

Legend.
The legend level compromises two challenges. Grand Slam and Hall of Fame. Select the corresponding logo to start the challenge.

Grand Slam: play and win the 4 Grand Slams consecutively.

Hall of Fame: defeat all 8 legend players on their favourite court.

So Disrespectful
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Now I have to buy an Xbox 360. :sad:

And I work so hard for my money...

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks!!! Shame Seles doesnt have a DH FH :( But PHEW you canc reate a female with that, I didnt expect it really!!! :D :woohoo:

Can u make a chinese in the creator? :p I want to make Zi or Shuai :bounce: :hearts: And Na of course :drool:
You can make any sort of player. White, Black, Asian, African, it is so diverse! :bounce:

TooBlack
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Someone's spotted that there might be 8 legends in the game.
TS3 booklet (took it from some other forum):

Legend.
The legend level compromises two challenges. Grand Slam and Hall of Fame. Select the corresponding logo to start the challenge.

Grand Slam: play and win the 4 Grand Slams consecutively.

Hall of Fame: defeat all 8 legend players on their favourite court.

Confused - so are they saying you can possibly unlock 5 more legends???

Daniel K
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Shuaitina Pengis - Wherea are you getting it from on Wed? I keep getting told it's next Friday 27th in Australia.

Oh is it sorry, i saw another poster from Australia say it was already out so i was going to grab a copy after my last exam on Wednesday. Guess I'll have to wait then.

Adal
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Confused - so are they saying you can possibly unlock 5 more legends???
No one knows yet

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM
V-Mac, how do you get the hang of the controls? :sad: I am so lost. How far are you into the career? Did you unlock any gear from the mall? :p

Natash.
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Do they have Lacoste clothes? :inlove:

TooBlack
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Can you delete Mark Philippoussis? I so don't want this guy even in my game! LOL

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Do they have Lacoste clothes? :inlove:OOoh not sure. V-Mac, do they have Lacoste? :wavey:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:15 PM
You lucky assholes. I hate you all. But thanks for the reports.

Seles :weirdo: They give her a one-handed FH, but you can create a player with a two-handed FH? Fucking lame. At least her grunt is real though. That's key.

Random question: Can you give your created players a grunt? :p

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Wii Version :help:

On career only 11 tournament events :o

No Player Creation :tape: :help: :o

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:17 PM

Seles :weirdo: They give her a one-handed FH, but you can create a player with a two-handed FH? Fucking lame. At least her grunt is real though. That's key.

Hi Deucy :kiss:,

others have said that there are 5 or 6 grunts, forehands and backhands to choose from.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Hi Deucy :kiss:,

others have said that there are 5 or 6 grunts, forehands and backhands to choose from.
Hey Ms Tracy ;)

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. That's pretty awesome. I hope they have a SHOO! (or something sorta similar) for Dokic. :drool:

Adal
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:29 PM

Looks like there isn't gonna be an option for two-handed forehand too :o Even though developers told us that there will be :weirdo:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Looks like there isn't gonna be an option for two-handed forehand too :o
People in here already said there is. :shrug:

Natash.
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Wii Version :help:

On career only 11 tournament events :o

No Player Creation :tape: :help: :o

:lol: :tape:

Adal
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:35 PM
People in here already said there is. :shrug:
Hmm.. person who has it told me that no :sad:

Adal
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
OMG. That one person was WRONG. There is a two-handed forehand option ;) Sorry all.
*Pokes that person hard*

TooBlack
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I feel sorry for the Wii people ... actually, no I don't. LOL

I haven't found it in the US so I won't be playing until I return from Wimbledon in July.

starin
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM
for people playing on ps3. Is there a world tour mode online?

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
There are grunts to choose, however they are much like TS2, either soft, rough or clear. You can decide how often they can grunt too. There are 4 or 5 serve motions to choose for the women, more for the men. They are all pretty average unconventional serves TBH :o Then you choose the swing style for FH and then for BH. Yes, 2 handed FH is DEFINITE but only for women.

Ryan
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:13 PM
AAAAH! I want this game so f*ckin bad now!! The player creation sounds wicked, now I just need to pick the 4 people I create very carefully...

I'm glad the controls are hard - I'll probably get pissed the first couple hours but hopefully pick it up after.

What ARE the controls like, and why are they so hard though?

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Well, this time around, the controls are not as responsive and easy as before. For example, in the other games you can just swing at the last minute and get a good hit, try that this time and you will probably look like a fool. To hit, the positioning is crucial and holding the button before you make contact and releasing it directly on contact. It is hard to explain and hard to control, but after a while it will be ok, just have patience and be willing to learn it :D

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Oh and another thing, there are lots more courts and arena's this time, even some old ones from TS & TS2 are still here :p

gredin
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM

concerning Seles, at some moments, she hits the point with a two-handed FH (only for big & powerful shots). Really weird... :weirdo:

except that, this game is awesome and I can't wait for the DLC :cool: I don't even wanna hear a thing about smash court 3: lol:

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:56 PM
SCT3 will be amazing too! :D

V-MAC
Jun 20th, 2008, 07:12 PM
V-Mac, how do you get the hang of the controls? :sad: I am so lost. How far are you into the career? Did you unlock any gear from the mall? :p

I'm dying to get home and play this game some more. Haven't played it since my 4 hour stint earlier on this morning :lol: But I got as far as Junior level in the career mode so far. I only played 2 tournaments at Junior level so far (one hard, one easy) and I only won one match :o As for getting the hang of the controls, well I still have a long way to go as I can do power serves, but I can't put any direction on my serves yet. You just got to remember not to have any button pushed AS you hit the ball as more than likely the ball will just go flying past you or in other words just nake sure you have the button released by the time bounces on the court ;)

As for Lacoste, I think that brand is there......but I haven't been browsing through the mall too much yet so I'm not totally sure.

V-MAC
Jun 20th, 2008, 07:19 PM
There are grunts to choose, however they are much like TS2, either soft, rough or clear. You can decide how often they can grunt too. There are 4 or 5 serve motions to choose for the women, more for the men. They are all pretty average unconventional serves TBH :o Then you choose the swing style for FH and then for BH. Yes, 2 handed FH is DEFINITE but only for women.

Also, what I think is a nice touch is that you can choose your player's "personality". For instance how they react after they win a point. I went for the tame little fist pump option :lol:

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah :p I just started playing on the year round Junior circuit. The matches take forever right now, and is there even a coach or something? :confused:

Andreas
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Okay, since no one answered, I'm gonna ask again :D

So the players you create, do they all play in the career mode, or? :confused:

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I am not sure Andreas, i have not gotten that far yet i am afraid :sad:

queperknuckle
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Can you only use custom players in online ranked play (not that you've been online yet, since your player is just getting started!). Please, please tell me that you can only use custom players!! And we don't fall into the every body use the Roger Federrer character when playing online cause he's so awesome syndrome! Can't wait to get this game!

Pebbles
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
No i haven't been online yet :p I don't have X-Box Live unfortunately :sad:

Havok
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Ms Tracy ;)

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. That's pretty awesome. I hope they have a SHOO! (or something sorta similar) for Dokic. :drool:
I think I would die if they had a SHOO grunt option.:lol:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:22 PM
Today I got it for Nintendo Wii,

Good Points
* Graphics of Courts and players are quite good.
* Control system is complex and accurate.
* Players shots seem very realistic.
* 40 Tennis venues.

Bad Points
* Career mode lacks depth with only 11 stages.
* No player-creation for the Career mode.
* Dont make use of the 40 tennis venues in career mode.

Players
* Every player has 2 outfits, they clothes are have good realism.
* There are several made-up Male and Female players.

Ballbasher
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM
I'll buy Top Spin III soon I think but does Seles hit a double-handed forehand? :)

V-MAC
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:10 PM
It appears only sometimes but she for the most part she plays with a single-handed one :o

btw, I played a few games online last night with my created player and I won my first two matches and got trashed in the next three after that :lol: I personally think having to play two sets of three games is too long for online matches. Surely one set would be enough as the matches can tend to go on forever. However, my player still has a lot of developing to do though so I expect the quality of the matches to improve once I max out his stats :cool:

oh and a nice touch is where you can improvce your player's skills by just playing online matches too. You get experience points even if you lose a match.

V-MAC
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM
No i haven't been online yet :p I don't have X-Box Live unfortunately :sad:

:eek: whoa you have to get Xbox Live. Tennis games were made to play online :lol:

Ms Tracy Austin
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM
oh and a nice touch is where you can improvce your player's skills by just playing online matches too. You get experience points even if you lose a match.

Do you gain experience points for playing exhibition matches, or ranked matches?

V-MAC
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:27 PM
I only played ranked matches online so far. I would guess they'd only give them for ranked matches though. I'll check it out just to make sure though.

steffiforever
Jun 21st, 2008, 04:47 PM
Today I got it for Nintendo Wii,

Good Points
* Graphics of Courts and players are quite good.
* Control system is complex and accurate.
* Players shots seem very realistic.
* 40 Tennis venues.

Bad Points
* Career mode lacks depth with only 11 stages.
* No player-creation for the Career mode.
* Dont make use of the 40 tennis venues in career mode.

Players
* Every player has 2 outfits, they clothes are have good realism.
* There are several made-up Male and Female players.

What is the difference between the WII version vs playing it on PS3 and XBOX??
thank!

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
What is the difference between the WII version vs playing it on PS3 and XBOX??
thank!

On wii the control system is obviously different, you have to time your stroke with the Wii control to the charecter's stroke on-screen. On the Wii by moving you arm in differnet ways creates a different shot, e.g Slice action > Slice shot.

In terms of the game, PS3 and Xbox have better Graphics and a much more In-depth career mode, the Wii lacks the feature to create your own players.

Also on the PS3 and XBOX there are the Legend players where as on Wii there is only Boris Becker availilbe as a Legend.

steffiforever
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:08 PM
On wii the control system is obviously different, you have to time your stroke with the Wii control to the charecter's stroke on-screen. On the Wii by moving you arm in differnet ways creates a different shot, e.g Slice action > Slice shot.

In terms of the game, PS3 and Xbox have better Graphics and a much more In-depth career mode, the Wii lacks the feature to create your own players.

Also on the PS3 and XBOX there are the Legend players where as on Wii there is only Boris Becker availilbe as a Legend.

Well i only have a WII and even though it seems to be much better to use top spin on the either PS3 and XBOX i have no plans on buying these consoles. wouls you still recommend the game on WII? I assume the graphics are still excellent just not as good as the others which would be expected. Thanks for the feedback!

NotTheStereotype
Jun 22nd, 2008, 02:42 AM
I am sooo ready for TS3. Just a few more days!! I have been anxiously waiting for this game. I've been doing all my studying way ahead of time just so I can play this game when I get it..lol By the way, my XBL Gamertag is NTS Kenny D. If any of you want to play TS3, just add me. I also play VT3 and TS2 just in case you want to play those games as well.