4 Maria Sharapova 3876
5 Jelena Jankovic 3770

RANKINGS at RG-Draw Week:

Justine Henin = 5635 + Berlin + Rome
Maria Sharapova = 3876 + Charleston + Berlin + Rome
Ana Ivanovic = 3727 + Berlin + Rome
Svetlana Kuznetsova = 3180 + Berlin + Rome
Jelena Jankovic = 3105 + Charleston + Berlin + Rome

***Kuznetsova is already without chances to overtake Sharapova and only with both wins and Ana bad results will overtake Ivanovic. That reduce number of possible options to 10.

OsloErik
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I voted for Henin-Ivanovic-Sharapova-Kuznetsova-Jankovic, but I think it would be better for Kuznetsova to be #5 in the draw. I'd love to see her beat Ivanovic in the quarters, Serena in the semis, and Henin or Jankovic in the final.

Cp6uja
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:16 AM
I voted for Henin-Ivanovic-Sharapova-Kuznetsova-Jankovic, but I think it would be better for Kuznetsova to be #5 in the draw. I'd love to see her beat Ivanovic in the quarters, Serena in the semis, and Henin or Jankovic in the final.If she able to beat Ana/Serena/Henin in the row... this draw is not important for her :devil:.
But only in-form Henin which after 2002 lose only one single match at RG and won last about 30 sets in the row dont care about RG draw. For all other girls this is very important. #2 seed will escape Henin for sure before final and all TOP4 seeds have opportunity to be in same BINGO quarter with 5-8 seed Chakvetadze and also even at her best 5-8 Venus only once reach better round than QF at Paris clay.

So
#2 >> #3,#4
#3,#4 >>>> #5

and all girls know's that.

austennis
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Justine - Ana - Maria - Jelena - Kuzy
i dont see maria winning charlston whereas i see ana and jelena splitting the big titles

Mynarco
Apr 17th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I dun think Kuzzy can defend her 2 Final points in Berlin and Rome
she might be down to # 5

Justine #1 and is solid
Ana can defend her point in Berlin at least SF..#2 safe
I think Maria can outperform JJ..#3, JJ #4

tennnisfannn
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:17 AM
looks like another serena/justine q/f and jelena definately in their half. You can bet your house on that.

Mikey.
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Henin, Ivanovic, Sharapova, Jankovic, Kuznetsova.

I think Ana will edge out Maria for the #2 spot before the FO, but I think it's probably quite likely that Maria will over take Ana after Wimbledon. Assuming Maria stays in good form and performs reasonably well at the upcomming events. I'm also thinking that if Justine doesn't get her act together in these tournaments leading up to The FO, then she will be in hot water. :)

I smell a dethrowning comming on soon. Go Maria, Ana and JJ... but watch out Justine! :eek:

serena_fan
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:51 AM
#1-Henin , #2-Sharapova , #3-Kuznetsova , #4-Ivanovic , #5-Jankovic

FedererBulgaria
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
#1-Henin , #2-Ivanovic , #3-Sharapova , #4-Kuznetsova , #5-Jankovic

Ksenia.
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:00 AM
1st option

Cp6uja
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Maria Sharapova = 3876 + Charleston + Berlin + Rome
Ana Ivanovic = 3727 + Berlin + Rome
I forget to give one my personal comment about Maria and Ana shedulle (based on theys past). I'm pretty sure that Maria will escape one of two tier-I red clay which she commited to play and that Ana will "tanked" her R3 or QF match in Rome (especialy if she reach Berlin final week before). MMW.

Russianboy
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:36 PM
If she able to beat Ana/Serena/Henin in the row... this draw is not important for her :devil:.
But only in-form Henin which after 2002 lose only one single match at RG and won last about 30 sets in the row dont care about RG draw. For all other girls this is very important. #2 seed will escape Henin for sure before final and all TOP4 seeds have opportunity to be in same BINGO quarter with 5-8 seed Chakvetadze and also even at her best 5-8 Venus only once reach better round than QF at Paris clay.

So
#2 >> #3,#4
#3,#4 >>>> #5

and all girls know's that.

im sure henin doesn't want to face masha or serena early ;)

jonnyroyale_13
Apr 17th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I forget to give one my personal comment about Maria and Ana shedulle (based on theys past). I'm pretty sure that Maria will escape one of two tier-I red clay which she commited to play and that Ana will "tanked" her R3 or QF match in Rome (especialy if she reach Berlin final week before). MMW.

Points arent everything, but in this subject im mostly only concerned with AFTER RG. The way i see it, the points from Berlin and Rome really wont matter much in the long run, if Ana has one good result and one bad in the tier 1's. Even if she is consistent at both, say 2 SF's, she would still need to defend the RG final. Scenarios for defense of the 2007 points (430+0+700=1130) pretty much require getting back to the RG final and there are only 3 scenarios where she could get away with a SF(450pt) in Paris and still add up to the same or better. Like you hinted to in your last sentence, those scenarios seem unlikely.
That said, im expecting the unexpected- a sweep of Berlin and Rome.:lick: