PDA

View Full Version : Who has the better forehand? Svetlana, Ana or Patty? (and maybe Davenport)

Renalicious
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:23 AM
So, who had the best forehand out of these three? They are all notable for their fhs and it's probably the best shot in their repertoires.

Ana and Sveta's forehand all have a lot of speed and can be hit anywhere and from anywhere on the court. They are both explosive.

Patty has more of a top spin forehand but is equally as deadly.

My vote goes to Sveta.

Nikkiri
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Ana.

Slutati
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I guess I'm voting for Ana:(

Renalicious
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I could add Davenport too...

Slutati
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:34 AM
And Tati:hearts:, then I wouldn't have any problems with voting:lol:

Dunlop1
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Of those three, easily it is Ana, then Sveta close behind, then Patty.

svetaisthebest
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Ana has a very consistent and good forehand but Sveta's when its on is can do more damage and some of the shots she can hit with it are:eek:.Im not being biased:p :angel: :lol:

Tennisstar86
Apr 17th, 2008, 05:19 AM
if we're adding davenport then she wins by far..... otherwise sveta....

Optima
Apr 17th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Svetlana.

Renalicious
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Ana is winning. :)

skanky~skanketta
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I think it's Sveta. Ana's DTL is spectacular but Sveta beats her when it comes to FH CC and off FH. She hits her FH better when she's off-balance as well. Plus, her speed (which is severely underrated btw) allows her more time to set up. Of course, Sveta also brain-farts more with the forehand compared to Ana. Like she'd have run her opponent ragged around the court with her punishing forehands and she'd get a short ball and whack it into the net.

Patty's FH is pretty damn remarkable too, but she's always more content rallying than finishing off the point. I love how she puts so many different spins on the ball. I don't think any other player matches her in terms of weird FH spins.

Lindsay's FH is clean and flat. Bang Bang Bang. Corners Corners Corners. Very very explosive and deadly. But on the defensive she loops it back too short, unlike Sveta or Ana. They slice it back and manage to keep it low (sveta's deeper than ana's though).

Overall, I think Ana's FH is the one that has plenty of room to improve. It's already terrific, if she works on it further, undoubtedly she'd be one of the best.

serena_fan
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Sveta

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Ana :)

homogenius
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I'd say Ana

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=tnugyrRn7NU

blackcrave
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:59 AM
ivanovic is much stronger now

CosmicDefender
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Patty has the best and most versatile forehand, if she had a backhand half as good as her forehand and a better mind, she'd have at least as many slams as Hingis.

Dave.
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I could add Davenport too...

I think Davenport's is better than the other 3, but her backhand is her best shot.

Lindsay's FH is clean and flat. Bang Bang Bang. Corners Corners Corners. Very very explosive and deadly. But on the defensive she loops it back too short, unlike Sveta or Ana. They slice it back and manage to keep it low (sveta's deeper than ana's though).

One thing to note with Lindsay is that she never loops the ball back short. Her flat hitting is relentless. Her FH on the run is huge. She can hit winners from anywhere off it (see Wimbledon 05 vs Clijsters).

iPatty
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I could watch Patty hit forehands all day but Ana has the best forehand.

Matt01
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Ana.

One thing to note with Lindsay is that she never loops the ball back short. Her flat hitting is relentless. Her FH on the run is huge. She can hit winners from anywhere off it (see Wimbledon 05 vs Clijsters).

She rarely decides to run after a ball, though :p ;)

NeeemZ
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I'd say Ana

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=tnugyrRn7NU

:hearts::hearts:

Ana was playing brilliantly in this match.

InsideOut.
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Ana.

Sveta has a lot of spin and the ball travels really fast but she dumps it into the net at the most important moments.

Patty has even more spin but it's just a rallying shot.

Oh and that Venus match was brilliant. Those winners. :eek:

DA FOREHAND
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Ana

QUEENLINDSAY
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Lindsay by a mile!
consistensy and explosiveness!!!

Sveta- also consistent but less explosive to Linds
Ana- Less consistent but almost equally explosive to linds- see their last match up in Miami- the forehand exchanges between them.
Patty- just angles

Olórin
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Like the backhand thread there's a lot of people very close: Lindsay, Pierce, Ana, Sveta, Serena and Justine. I give the edge to Lindsay and Mary when they're on. Sveta's for consistency comes next probably. Ivanovic's is also right up there and we'll see how that hold ups throughout her career. Serena's forehand has been so dodgy since 2003, but when it's on it rivals Lindsay's or Mary's.

QUEENLINDSAY
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Like the backhand thread there's a lot of people very close: Lindsay, Pierce, Ana, Sveta, Serena and Justine. I give the edge to Lindsay and Mary when they're on. Sveta's for consistency comes next probably. Ivanovic's is also right up there and we'll see how that hold ups throughout her career. Serena's forehand has been so dodgy since 2003, but when it's on it rivals Lindsay's or Mary's.
If serena's forehand is at 2002 season- Its the best! only because she can hit on the run vs lindsay.
But if i have to chose- i want Lindsay cuz its more technically sound and effective.

cocco80
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Ana.