PDA

View Full Version : I wish JJ would win her First GS before AI

asiandude
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:38 AM
I just wish Jelena would win her first GS title before Ana. Seems Ana is getting more attention , like releasing serbian stamps for the success of Ana. Hope she would win a medal too at the olympics.

Slutati
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:39 AM
I know, me too.But I think Jelena also got her stamp, no?

Tennisstar86
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:41 AM
I'm pretty sure she will.... ;)

Nikkiri
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Jelena got a stamp too. Also a lot of Ana's attention is due to her looks.

IceHock
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:45 AM
i hope jelena gets it first too

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:00 AM
dont worry none of them is winning anytime soon I guess you have a long wait.

doni1212
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:01 AM
dont worry none of them is winning anytime soon I guess you have a long wait.

:lol:
And IF Jelena wins one, it'll be after Ana, ;)

DimaDinosaur
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Jelena has the better personality while Ana looks more fuckalicious. Why can't people be more like Daniela and have both great characteristics? :yeah: But then again, Daniela sucks at tennis so I guess the perfect female tennis player doesn't exist although, Danka does come awfully close, that sex goddess :drool:

asiandude
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Jelena has the better personality while Ana looks more fuckalicious. Why can't people be more like Daniela and have both great characteristics? :yeah: But then again, Daniela sucks at tennis so I guess the perfect female tennis player doesn't exist although, Danka does come awfully close, that sex goddess :drool:

Mary pierce and Sabatini almost close to perfection.

slobicus
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:07 AM
I am sorry, but this comparison is so silly. And then the next thread would be "JJ and AI surely hate each other". So far from the truth.

They both recently got a stamp in Serbia and are beloved there. Thanks god, most Serbs respect and cheer both for JJ and AI. They all wait for a first all-Serb GS final and hope for a thriller match like the LA semi last year.

Renalicious
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I agree. It's kind of funny...Jelena had earlier success but Ana has overtaken her. :sad:

But, Ana does have more GS success than Jelena. She's made two finals and JJ has made none.

Not this year though. I'll always be cheering on Vee and Ree and Marion to do well at the slams and ultimately win them (in particular Vee and Ree) but if they are out, I'll be rooting for Jelena.

frontier
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:12 AM
:lol:
And IF Jelena wins one, it'll be after Ana, ;)Ana doesnt look like she has that instinct as for jj no comment:lol::lol::wavey:

AcesHigh
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:18 AM
They'll both win one.. but Ana seems to have the more upside and talent, while Jankovic has the more consistency and fight.

At the moment, it looks like Ana will be first unless Jankovic can finally get some luck with her draws.

Mikey.
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:29 AM
I agree. It's kind of funny...Jelena had earlier success but Ana has overtaken her. :sad:

But, Ana does have more GS success than Jelena. She's made two finals and JJ has made none.

Not this year though. I'll always be cheering on Vee and Ree and Marion to do well at the slams and ultimately win them (in particular Vee and Ree) but if they are out, I'll be rooting for Jelena.

It's like Kim and Justine all over again :sad:

ninanina19
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Imo Jelena is sexier than Ana. She has a better ass, boobs, and legs. Ana has a pretty face but that's not enough.

austennis
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:45 AM
i think that Ana will get attention and endorsments to rival maria once she has the GS whereas Jelena is going to struggle to reach same level unless she is first

Cp6uja
Apr 17th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I just wish Jelena would win her first GS title before Ana. Seems Ana is getting more attention , like releasing serbian stamps for the success of Ana. Hope she would win a medal too at the olympics.I'm bigger fan of Ana than JJ, but i dont have nothing against this scenario, especialy if Jelena win that title this season. Jelena is older 2.5 years and since 2nd half of 2006 when she become one of worlds elite players, her games and form is always ups and down, and she is in much more risk with injury problems. On other hand Ana improvment is still continue after every half-season since she become PRO player and if no some tragic injury or something like that, she is "sure bet" to reach atleast one slam soon or later in her career. Good thing for both Serbian girls is fact that they's is good at all 4 GS surfaces so every slam is new chance for both. If Justine 2008 Slump/Health problems will continue in next 50 days i think this Roland Garros will be golden opportunity for one of Serbian girls to reach they career 1st title.

If we look at all active slam winners (Henin, Kuznetsova, Serena, Venus, Sharapova, Davenport, Mauresmo) - only for Henin and Kuznetsova clay is not worst surface, so if Henin is in big troubles... this chance is perfect.

BTW about Ana/JJ public attention. Difference between Ana and Jelena not exist in Serbia, only in rest of world where Ana curently "bigger star".

Slumpsova
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Ana already reached 2 GS finals but Jelena reaches 0. what makes you think she will win GS first? :lol:

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Ana already reached 2 GS finals but Jelena reaches 0. what makes you think she will win GS first? :lol:
1) No one THINKS JJ will win one first, read the thread title properly
2) Kim Clijsters reached GS final before Justine did, she also won YEC before Justine, but she was the one who held GS trophy first. Reaching GS finals is not the case.

Boreas
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I think Sugi is a bit old for a GS title

So Disrespectful
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:44 AM

And Amelia Island doesn't stand a chance really either :sad:

Boreas
Apr 17th, 2008, 09:52 AM

But there is bigger possibility than in Sugi`s case:lol:

franny
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'm sorry but Ana Ivanovic has been far superior to Jelena Jankovic. Ivanovic has reached two major finals, and two major semifinals. But even more telling is the fact that Jankovic is Ivanovic's bitch. Someone care to post their head to head on here? I don't know it off the top of my head, but I do know that it seems like ages since Jankovic has beaten Ivanovic (has she ever?). Ivanovic deserves more attention, not because of her looks, but because of her superior game.

Nikkiri
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I'm sorry but Ana Ivanovic has been far superior to Jelena Jankovic. Ivanovic has reached two major finals, and two major semifinals. But even more telling is the fact that Jankovic is Ivanovic's bitch. Someone care to post their head to head on here? I don't know it off the top of my head, but I do know that it seems like ages since Jankovic has beaten Ivanovic (has she ever?). Ivanovic deserves more attention, not because of her looks, but because of her superior game.

But like if Jelena had Ana's draws she'd totally have 2 slam finals!!1! too :rolleyes: :p

Anyways nice post :yeah: agreed Ana deserves the most attention. H2H is 5-1

So Disrespectful
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:21 AM
But like if Jelena had Ana's draws she'd totally have 2 slam finals!!1! too :rolleyes: :p

Well if she'd played Dani in one of those semifinals, I'm sure it would have been choked into her hands too. ;)

Nikkiri
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Well if she'd played Dani in one of those semifinals, I'm sure it would have been choked into her hands too. ;)

Yep most likely but it didn't happen and Jelena fans need to get over it. ;)

So Disrespectful
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Yep most likely but it didn't happen and Jelena fans need to get over it. ;)

Oh of course not, sorry I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that the whole easy draw comment works in that context. :p

Tenis Srbija
Apr 17th, 2008, 10:54 AM
No matter who wins it first, as long as they both do it :)

ViennaCalling
Apr 17th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Me too :p

aussie_fan
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:03 PM
i would be surprised if jelena does win a slam to be honest :shrug:

CosmicDefender
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Jelena has better H2Hs against top players so she has a better chance. When all the top players are there Ivanovic's has 0 chance to win a slam, even with the perfect draw.

Ben.
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if JJ won a GS before Ana does, both of them are capable of winning a grand slam title I believe. When they will do it, I don't know & it will just depend on how they play at certain times.

Either way they are both popular players in their own right & why do people have to be nasty towards each other about which one is more popular & which one is more successful. Okay maybe Ana has had the much greater success, but that doesn't mean that JJ is a nobody. JJ has had great success already (slam title or no slam title).

Slumpsova
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:49 PM

at the beginning i thought for a second he meant American Idol :o

Costanza
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Jelena has better H2Hs against top players...
Check again!

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:52 PM
at the beginning i thought for a second he meant American Idol :o
Oh how clever :help:American Idol surely has something to do with tennis

Nikkiri
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Check again!

Venus and Serena are the only top players. :)

Slumpsova
Apr 17th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Oh how clever :help:American Idol surely has something to do with tennis
i was thinking about Jankovic will win GS before she starting her showbiz career @ American Idol :rolleyes:

Emina.
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I dont think so ;)Ana will win first.

SOA_MC
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Venus and Serena are the only top players. :)

Yeah but only Serena can beat Serena:p

LudwigDvorak
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Whatever happened to all the posts last year that said 2007 was JJ's best/only chance for a slam? She, like many girls to be honest, would need a great draw to win a slam. She's lost to Henin at the USO '06, Serena AO '07, Henin FO '07, Venus USO '07, and Sharapova AO '08. Only Marion screwed things up in this little order. Sure, she beat Venus in the third round at two slams and Serena in a slam QF (which was actually really good, I will admit), but who is she going to beat in her slam semifinals or even finals? In either of those stages, I'd bet on Venus, Serena, Justine, Maria, and Ana 9/10 times. If she played Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Chakvetadze, etc etc then that would be her golden opportunity. But it's not like those players consistently make slam semifinals anyway, unlike herself.

On the topic at hand more thoroughly, Ana's game is much bigger, not to mention better. I'm not surprised she's overtaken JJ.

Optima
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:22 PM

Anyways nice post :yeah: agreed Ana deserves the most attention. H2H is 5-1

Yes, seems like you've finally figured it out :worship:

Christ, any decent player could have beaten cow on Ice Sharapova and mentally weak Daniela, as much as I love them.

Nikkiri
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Yes, seems like you've finally figured it out :worship:

Christ, any decent player could have beaten cow on Ice Sharapova and mentally weak Daniela, as much as I love them.

Jelena would have totally destroyed them :worship::worship: Unlucky JJ :sad:

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM
:tape:

CosmicDefender
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Check again!

Ivanovic has to be the luckiest person in the planet to win a slam without facing Justine, Serena, Venus or Lindsay. Against those 4 she won one match.

cypher_88
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah but only Serena can beat Serena:p

so -> since only Serena can beat Serena, Venus cannot possibly be a top player.;)

SOA_MC
Apr 17th, 2008, 02:55 PM
so -> since only Serena can beat Serena, Venus cannot possibly be a top player.;)

So there we have it Serena is the only top player in the WTA

QUEENLINDSAY
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Ana is a lot better! in any aspects!

Costanza
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Ivanovic has to be the luckiest person in the planet to win a slam without facing Justine, Serena, Venus or Lindsay. Against those 4 she won one match.

Right,and i can say in your style something like this:
Jankovic has to be the luckiest person in the planet to win a slam without facing Justine, Ana or Maria. Against those 3 she won two matches.

CosmicDefender
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Right,and i can say in your style something like this:
Jankovic has to be the luckiest person in the planet to win a slam without facing Justine, Ana or Maria. Against those 3 she won two matches.

2 >>>> 1

Costanza
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM
2 >>>> 1
:lol::help:

mure
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:37 PM
2 >>>> 1

we're dealing with a math genius here

beriadan
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Hope JJ wins a slam this year, AI needs to be put into her place.

CosmicDefender
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:48 PM
LOL

Ivanovic is REALLY impressive

Henin leads 4-0
Rnk/Seed Year Event Surface Rnd Winner Score Rnk/Seed
37 / 0 2005 WARSAW CLAY (O) S J. HENIN 6-4 7-5 22 / --
7 / 7 2007 FRENCH OPEN CLAY (O) F J. HENIN 6-1 6-2 1 / 1
4 / -- 2007 TOUR CHAMPIONSHIPS HARD (I) S J. HENIN 6-4 6-4 1 / --
4 / 4 2008 SYDNEY HARD (O) S J. HENIN 6-2 2-6 6-4

Williams leads 4-1
156 / -- 2004 ZURICH HARD (I) R16 V. WILLIAMS 7-6(11) 7-6(6) 11 / 7
15 / 6 2006 LUXEMBOURG HARD (I) R32 V. WILLIAMS 6-3 6-4 54 / --
6 / 6 2007 WIMBLEDON GRASS (O) S V. WILLIAMS 6-2 6-4 31 / 23
5 / 5 2007 US OPEN HARD (O) R16 V. WILLIAMS 6-4 6-2 14 / 12
3 / 4 2008 AUSTRALIAN OPEN HARD (O) Q A. IVANOVIC 7-6(3) 6-

Williams leads 1-0
17 / 16 2006 US OPEN HARD (O) R32 S. WILLIAMS 6-2 6-4

Davenport leads 1-0
2 / 2 2008 MIAMI HARD (O) R32 L. DAVENPORT 6-4 6-2

Pierce leads 1-0
21 / 19 2005 WIMBLEDON GRASS (O) R32 M. PIERCE 6-1 6-4

Dementieva leads 3-0
19 / 8 2006 INDIAN WELLS HARD (O) Q E. DEMENTIEVA 2-6 6-4 6-2 8 / 4
22 / 5 2006 S'HERTOGENBOSCH GRASS (O) Q E. DEMENTIEVA 7-6(6) 6-4 8 / 1
2 / 3 2008 DUBAI HARD (O) Q E. DEMENTIEVA 5-7 6-3 6-3

Natalicious
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM
ana will win it first

Matt01
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:52 PM
LOL

Not quite as impressive as you are.

Nikkiri
Apr 17th, 2008, 03:53 PM
LOL

So are you :worship:

Adal
Apr 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM
CosmicDefender :hug:

cocco80
Apr 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Cosmic defender..
his ultimate life goal is spreading hate towards AI. Wow..quite impressive.
I like both so whoever wins first I will be delighted.

Pheobo
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM
There should be a thread that serves as a cesspool for Jankovic v. Ivanovic arguments.

Wayn77
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:06 PM
There should be a thread that serves as a cesspool for Jankovic v. Ivanovic arguments.

to go with one of your threads....

the future of Serbian tennis is in good hands.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/brunsdon/JELENA%20JANKOVIC/PacificLifeOpenDay12_006.jpg

Mikey B
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:24 PM
i hope she does too... she's my second favourite player, and is being outshined by her serbian friend.. its time for jj to show who is the better player and win a slam first!! like many people have said on this forum before, if jj and ana's draws from the 07 french and 08 aussie were switched jj would be a two time finalist, not ana...

Pheobo
Apr 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
to go with one of your threads....

excuse me? my threads are high quality intelligent conversation. I mean, we ALL have to see these noses and unshaved armpits and bad teeth in order to watch tennis. it's like the bra burnings all over again.

oh, we should have a tennis twiggy now that hantuchova is "healthy" again. Blog?